Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
Getaway Oriflame for women Pictures

Getaway by Oriflame is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Getaway was launched in 2013. The fragrance features driftwood, sea water, citruses, green notes, floral notes, coconut and mandarin orange.

Driftwood Sea water Citruses Green Notes Floral Notes Coconut Mandarin Orange

The Taste of Fragrance Womanity

Getaway Fragrance Reviews

amy1983
amy1983

This perfume is supposed to be reminiscent of vacationing,such as going on a trip to the ocean. This smells like the ocean,but this is a polluted ocean,not a sunny one. This is a stanky ocean,one with rusted bicycle parts,and rotting fish. This is a no for me.

mshimoz
mshimoz

I heard many people saying it's horrible..but cuz I like strange perfumes I thought I will accept it,but NO I can't even think to press the LIKE in this review,,what the fk is thissss it's tooo saltyyyy I can't smell it ,oof big DISLIKE I hated itttt and don't buyyyy please >.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Male review: I like it loads!!! Reminded me of `Sud-Pacifique` in that I get citrus and marine salty accords with a salty powdery woody dry down. Does not last long but it is very very nice.

Water_is_my_life
Water_is_my_life

It was a blind buy, I got it based on the reviews here and what people are saying about this frag. First of all, I need to make clear that I my skin is of a "warm" tone, so heavy scents like amber, vanilla, bourbon, sandalwood, smoke get easily highlighted on me. My skin tends to bring out those notes more than others if they exist in a frag composition. Anyway, just an FYI in case your skin does that too. If it does, you'll probably find the frag the same way I do.

First of all, this is definitely a very different kind of aquatic perfume. It does not have the tell-tale "air freshener" scent to it at all. The first spray had me thinking, "Oh god, this is too strong". Mainly it is because the salt water in this is very intense...the best comparison is that it smells slightly licorice-like on first spray.

About 10 seconds in, the driftwood comes in and the blend results in something like a musky licorice, or musky iris with a touch of licorice, slightly toned down than the initial spray. It is very reminiscent of oakmoss at this point.

Around 30 seconds later, the citrus becomes more apparent and the licorice pretty much dies down and you get nice, light, aquatic scent that doesn't smell like air freshener. Smells citrusy with a touch of oakmoss.

About 1 to 2 minutes later, the green with a hint of floral comes in...it dries down to a very interesting salt-citrus with a tang of fresh (it's in the middle of green and floral).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants a different kind of aquatic scent that doesn't smell of air fresheners. This is a complex frag, in my opinion, and probably not for anyone younger than 20. This is a slightly more mature aquatic scent...it's almost cologne-like in its boldness. However, it does not offend in its boldness, people will probably catch a whiff of something water-like if you waved your arm or something, but it's not really noticeable to others unless they get really close to you.

I have to say that my first spray had me thinking I ought to re-sell this out, but after 3 days of using it, I have to say it has grown on me. I appreciate its simple complexity...it's a complex, layered scent that projects simplicity at first whiff. It's not necessarily a head-turner, but it is a polite scent that can grab attention, in a "What is that?" kind of way. Think of a businesswoman on a getaway, button-up short sleeve, high-end white capris, and a touch of fine gold jewellery. Simple but complex.

Arr-Ar Mur-Mur
Arr-Ar Mur-Mur

It’s not ordinary mix: real coconut, dominant woody dust, savory mandarin blossom, salty wind and seа water with sand. + Aldehydes.

And something from Womanity (fresh) & Laguna Dali, a little bit. Not for gingerly, bashful person. You'll like it like phenomenon to sensory perception. Imagine: marine fragrance with oldfashion soul.

Tiger84
Tiger84

The name suits the scent. Great aromatic fresh marine fragrance. Simple and pleasant, perfect for summer, and cheap. Got it as a gift, didn't expect much, was pleasantly surprised. I smell jasmine reminding me to Kenneth Cole Black for Her, the salt water reminds me to Womanity, and the aromatic accords to Roberto Verino's green scent.

It also reminds me to the exciting and beautiful movie, The Perfect Getaway. I bring this with me for my vacation, not a tropical one, but hey it's a vacation.

kakamelia
kakamelia

Well, my another blindbuy, just because the review of Plamka, who claims, that it smells like Womanity. I can agree, there is really something similar. But I´ve realized I don´t like Womanity at all :D, I liked the Womanity Aqua Chic (eau de corriander), which I find completely different. So it was my fault, that I didn´t remember this fact :).
I´ve put just one spray of Getaway on my wirst yesterday and I could smell it for about 3 hrs, quite intensive. I could smell the sea water a bit, with big bouquet of flowers. I find it quite heavy, what I wouldn´t have expected from marine scent. I think it is rather flowery. I´ll give it another chance - I liked it in the opening, but then it started to bother me like some old airfreshener... I´ll see, but now I´m not sure I like it... :/

karolla28
karolla28

Very intresting, it is cheap, but I love it!It smels like salt water, you like you were on the beach in Spain or Greece.

Plamka
Plamka

I swear there is a fig in there,can't really determine for which season, its a bit suffocating for a summer fragrance, smells like Womanity actually, i detect no citruses. Lasts 2hrs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oriflame Getaway fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Oriflame Getaway, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Getaway by Oriflame. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Getaway by Oriflame represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.