Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Ginger Essence Origins for women and men
dislike

sour
Ginger Essence Origins for women and men Pictures

Ginger Essence by Origins is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Ginger Essence was launched in 2000. The fragrance features ginger, bergamot, amalfi lemon and lime.

Ginger Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Lime

Wild Ginger
Rosemary Sage Petite Cologne
Ginger
Gingerale

Ginger Essence Fragrance Reviews

Eos
Eos

Ginger Essence is a fun and effervescent perfume that is perfect for warm weather. On my skin its a warm, softly spicy scent with a hint of indistinct florality in the dry down which also seems to have ambroxan as a base note. Its warmer and rounder than the listed notes suggest because of this softer base. Radiant and completely wearable, the only downside is the lack of longevity---2 hours at most on my skin.

On a side note, this smells very close to the scent of the Benefit brand blush named Dandelion.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I LOVE this stuff, but it only last about 1 minute on me :-( at first it smells like a fizzy ginger soda but IF u can catch anything lingering on you after 10 minutes, then all the ginger is gone and I only smell Orange Blossoms or Neroli. If it lasted long, had great projection and smelled just like fizzy ginger then I would love to buy it.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I like the fact that this fragrance is really refreshing. It has the same sparkly, fizzy smell as a glass of ginger ale. Others often enjoy the way it smells; it's spicy and unusual. My only complaint is that it doesn't project as much as I would like. A little does not go a long way in this case... I try to apply this one somewhat liberally, or else it's more like wearing a body spray, as Englishrose mentioned below. Putting it on your clothes could also help it to last longer. If I put it on in the morning, I can usually catch a whiff or two in the early evening.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

This is a delicious, light fragrance. Unfortunately, I have been completely spoiled by Jo Malone's incredible Nutmeg and Ginger cologne , bath oil and body cream, which have all of the positive clean spicy qualities of this scent, but with a much greater intensity and depth. I purchased both fragrances at approximately the same time , and immediately fell in love with Jo Malone's Nutmeg and Ginger. It's a scrumptious, fresh , warm and comforting fragrance , and it lasts all day on me. I find that Origins Ginger Essence is a much lighter and much more lemony/gingery fragrance, almost like a body spray rather than a cologne. It is much more fleeting and insubstantial, and will probably work perfectly in the warm summer months. For the fall and winter, I definitely prefer Jo Malone's Nutmeg and Ginger, which I absolutely love. It outclasses this fragrance by a mile. But that doesn't mean Ginger Essence doesn't deserve a spot in my collection. It's a sparkling, effervescent lovely summer fragrance that will be perfect on hot summer days when I want something light and refreshing to wear. A very nice fragrance, and definitely worh buying if you like clean, spicy, gingery scents, as I do.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

This is an easy fragrance for me to wear for everyday. Non-offensive, dries down warm and citrusy on my skin. Has medium staying power. Doesn't project too far, so I can wear it and enjoy it without having to worry about offending anyone around me.

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

I wore this years ago when I worked as a massage therapist and needed a scent that smelled natural. Now I question that thought since this is definitely not a relaxing smell! Anyway, very fresh, effervescent, juicy, refreshing. I liked it a lot, but for some reason was insecure about wearing it.
Like if someone got a whiff and didn't know it was ginger, they would think I stunk. Silly? Probably. Haven't worn it since though.

bets
bets

I love this. It's a bit like lush's ginger but has a bit more floral underneath so I find it a bit more sophisticated and wearable but still with all the ginger tones.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is a bright and fizzy ginger, absolutely perfect for a pick-me-up spritz on a hot day, but unfortunately on my skin it goes the way of all gingers and disappears in half an hour or so. I am very happy to have received my FB in a swap though and will probably keep it in the fridge through the summer. (Thank you kindredspirit.)

Salotka
Salotka

Smells like coke bottle lollies and summer parties and fresh, crisp mornings.

This is citrusy happiness in a bottle for me.

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

I found this in my perfume wardrobe today, a really hot day in England. For days I haven't been able to wear any perfume, as I've been feeling like everything is too much, too strong, too loud. But this!

What a little gem this is, lemony, gingery, a real tonic! Zingy without being too citrusy and sharp! Very sunny, a bit like a cologne.

Perfect to spray on after a shower in the summer. Sillage is ok, lasting power leaves much to ask, but it's part of it's charm for me. On me, the bergamot really comes out after an hour or two, and leaves a quite dry scent of that and ginger.

angelag1970
angelag1970

I wanted this to smell like the lotion and unfortunately it just doesn't. It's much less citrus-y to me. It has absolutely 0 staying power on me, and I'm not usually one to complain about it but honestly it's probably the worst I own. I will put about 15 sprays on me and by the time I'm out the door, it's gone already. I wouldn't buy this again, for sure.

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Pretty and certainly gingery, but fleeting.

This has a particular place in my collection though, becuase it works just like ginger tea for me - that is, is stops me feeling nauseated! So if I'm a bit queasy this is the one I reach for.

Wonder if it would work well on a long sea voyage?

Molliepops
Molliepops

I like this fragrance because its fresh, zingy and citrussy without being sharp. Perfect for summer. On my skin, the smell is soft, warming and comforting but doesn't seem to last long - the pleasure is soon over. I wish they made an EDP version.

I have a confession to make, even though I like this fragrance a lot, for some reason my boyfriend does not. So, I use it throughout my home as a room fragrance.

It reminds me of the smell of an expensive spa, so I use it in my bathroom, and the result is wonderful, my visitors always comment on how lovely my home smells!

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Effervescent gingery joy. Too bad I purchased the rollerball, though--fragrance is completely gone by the time I get to work.

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

This perfume is fresh and smells like ginger lemon and loads of sugar. The dry down is particularly sugary, which feels a bit cloying. I have only acquired this recently but I can swear I have smelt it many many times on other people on the train. It is fresh and if you love the smell of ginger, you would love it. I wish the dry down was a little less sweet thought.

claire25
claire25

This smells very foody-sweet to me, like ginger syrup or gingerbread, as opposed to a more exotic gingery floral scent. It's not for me.

Archie404
Archie404

Incredible - Men and women give me compliments often! It has been my staple for years. My husband loves it!!! My kids even say something nice when I wear it. I enjoy the crisp and clean feeling when I wear it. I love ginger with the citrus. I layer Ginger Rush lotion for some warm spicy depth.I wore White Linen in my teens. I like crisp citrus, subtle white florals with a touch of spicy or a dry wood. I also love bergamot. Ginger Essence does not give me a headache like most scents. There is an "Intensified" version of this fragrance that last longer. It works well yet does not last long.

Top Notes-Bergamot, Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime .
Middle Notes-Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Coriander, Violet Leaves, Jasmine .
Base Notes-Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood.

a.odessa
a.odessa

this cold weather scent is wonderful for not sexy fun. any ideas on one with some jasmine and tobacco?

Minze
Minze

@Soutty123: Exactly! This is my go-to-scent when I'm fed up with other fragrances and my nose needs a rest, just as you said. It smells softly as if you put a cooking pot on the stove making fresh ginger water. Clean and fresh and perfect for hot muggy summer days. And fortunately this scent is not ruined by any citrus fruit as usual. It's one of my absolute favourites though lasting on my skin could be better. Funny: After a long day of work I don't smell any of it on my skin. But when I go taking a shower and the hot water hits me the complete bathrooms fills with mild ginger scent ;-)

Soutty123
Soutty123

This feels more like a treatment scent than a fragrance as such. The sort of scent that's nice to wear when your nose needs a rest. Very fresh, a nice scent to put on after a bath or shower in the evening - not for a night out - but just to relax.

luxatron
luxatron

Ginger Essence smells like lemon iced tea with a splash of sweet ginger. While not listed in its notes, there is a distinct cardamom note at the base of this scent, furthering the tea/chai associations for me.

Extremely refreshing, this scent it perfect for the summer and for when I'm feeling a bit nauseated or headachey due to the meds I'm on. I imagine this would be great for pregnant women, or for people who are sensitive to perfumes. This is the kind of scent where it's impossible to spray on too much, which is wonderful because I like to mist this all over and occasionally into the air around me.

Unfortunately, the lasting power of this perfume is decidedly weak and fades extremely quickly. I'm considering buying the rollerball for touch-ups but the cost is a major deterrent right now.

If you're wondering what the difference is between this and the Intense version, I was told that the Intense doesn't have as much of the citrus, and it has a longer staying power. Knowing that, I still went with this one because I was looking for something light. I'm extremely pleased with this, and have been wearing it non-stop since I bought it!

pbandabby@gmail.com
pbandabby@gmail.com

Why so expensive? I have/had 2 rollerballs and they have been wonderful! But i dont remember payin like 35 bucks each for them. I dont know. I used this stuff in my purse for headaches, bug bites, hand sanitizer, a quick pick me up... Now im looking for a fresh ginger fragrance and it is like 80 bucks a bottle! Dang it!

chanchita
chanchita

I recently sampled this at the airport. I really loved the spicy ginger with softer lemon undertones. Fresh, yet spicy and ideal for those who do not like the herby or oceanic summer frags. A serious competitor to my Clarins Dynamisite, which I currently use as a 'pick me up' on tired mornings. Also love the natural/organic element from this brand, which I find especially appealing when it comes to frags I'm more likely to wear in the sun. Another one for my shopping list!

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

I love this perfume. It's fresh crisp and spicy all at once! On me it gets quite sweet actually, adding another dimension of complexity. I find it wonderful for layering, or alone on hot days. It's easy on the nose, and not synthetic or headache inducing at all; quite high quality. I could never do without this stuff! Never stop making this miracle juice Origins, I could never find another lovely natural perfume to substitute for it!

Turtledove
Turtledove

I love this! It's simple, straightforward and very uplifting. If you like ginger, you'll love this! It is *very* ginger, fizzy and piquant, but smooth and sweetened rather than bitter and herbal, with just the right amount of citrus to brighten it up. This is a comfort scent for me, it's so warm and sunny.

Sasimeena
Sasimeena

I love love love this fragrance, it's really uplifting. Believe me, no-one would hate this kind, nice humble and pleasurable fragrance. It's not too aroma not too spicy but really sweet spices and not boring at all. I just found out its scent of Origin Ginger = Earl gray tea+Mint leaves of Jo Malone in term of uplifting feeling. I love them both but Origin is much more valuable.

To whom that like this fragrance and really want to have more intense power GOOD NEWS, Origin has just release (Nov/2011)intense formula calls "Ginger Essence Intensified fragrance" the same flacon but changed the cap to silver. I am look arround in my area to own it soon.

FRAGRANTICA... please add into new data base too...Thanks

celygould
celygould

This is a very clean and uplifting fragrance for me. The only problem is that it leaves so quickly. I find myself re applying after about an hour. Wonderful, refreshing scent to revive one's senses of peace and joy ~ Strong 'ginger' spritz.

kamari
kamari

it is gorgeous and my favorite summer scent - but unfortunately it doesn´t last on me...if there was an edp i would definitely go for it!!!

poivrerose
poivrerose

It begins with a fresh blast of ginger and nicely balanced citruses, and maintains those notes throughout. As it dries down a hint of a sweet tea emerges alongside the ginger/citrus notes slightly softening the scent. It is fresh and invigorating yet manages to also be sweet and comforting. Like sipping on a sweet ginger lemon iced tea in the warm sun. A fabulous and very natural smelling ginger perfume. If you are a fan of fresh ginger scents I highly recommend this. I agree that this scent usually does draw compliments from men.
Sillage is good, very long lasting as well.

ford
ford

I love, love, love this! It's probably not for everyone, but it suits me perfectly. I have received tons of compliemts on it and men seem to love it more than anything else I wear.

rednut
rednut

I have to be in the mood for this but when I am, it is gorgeous. Sweet ginger and citrus. Its longevity is good, it lasts all day. Some will say its a summer fragrance but I find it quite a comforting scent and most often wear it in Autumn and Winter. It's also surprisingly a little bit sexy but not in a big, loud, in your face way. For those who like natural scents, maybe Jo Malone fragrances - try it. I'm on my second bottle and I can't say that about many fragrances.

Ginger Essence by Origins 4.33 out of 5 based on 185 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Origins Ginger Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Origins Ginger Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ginger Essence by Origins. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ginger Essence by Origins represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.