Designers » N-Q » Woody Chypre « Groups

Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men

Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men
dislike

Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures Isfarkand Ormonde Jayne for women and men Pictures

Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne is a woody chypre fragrance launched in 2005. Top notes are lime, mandarin orange, bergamot and pink pepper; middle notes are cedar and iris; base notes are vetiver and oakmoss.

A super cool cologne, Isfarkand is beautifully balanced with notes of lime, mandarin and bergamot all wrapped up in pink pepper, cedar, vetiver and moss.

This vibrant, sensual and addictive fragrance addictive is available in eau de parfum or Made to Measure Parfum for which the customer selects the concentration as well as bath and body products. The nose behind this fragrance is Geza Schoen.

Lime Mandarin Orange Bergamot

Flash Back

Isfarkand Fragrance Reviews

shushkin
shushkin

This should be listed as unisex because I for one would be happy to wear it. The lime, pepper and vetiver open with such a wonderful zingy freshness that really enhances all the cedar beautifully. There maybe iris in there but I find it hard to pick out. This is one to splash on the next morning after too many bevvies the previous night. The lime is quite strong on me but I love it. Lime is in the citrus family but it is far less harsh incomparison to the rest of the family. There is a sweetness which might not be as obvious as orange but it is there. The dry down is all vetiver and cedar. Ive tested Escentric molecules 1 and this has way more delicious character than that rather nondescript smell. Move over fellas this one is also for us gals!

thehanna
thehanna

This perfume smells like a luxurious ceder lined closet filled with soft cashmere sweaters and clean fresh linen shirts.

Not a showstopper but unisex and appropriate for any occasion. Smells more like you and your clothes are clean and well maintained than that you are wearing a perfume.

suzrwin
suzrwin

I wear perfume for myself; I love the intimate delight of having a beautiful or charming or pretty or delightful or even funny scent waft up to my nose during the day, bringing that little moment of joy to the ordinary.

Isfarkand is truly one of the most unisex scents I have encountered. The initial blast of pink pepper can cause a little worry--oh no! this is soooo 2005--but it is quickly joined by little spritzes of citrus, so although I still enjoy pink pepper, it does not bore you with overuse. Although the initial spritz seems light to me, on my skin Isfarkand actually grows with time, and I have to remember to not overapply initially.

The real beauty of Isfarkand is in the drydown an hour or so later. It retains some of its bergamot and pepper goodness but is joined by mellow woods and sweet vetiver. They waft up to my nose and delight me over and over again. I don't have the sense that I've borrowed the Mister's cologne for the day, nor would I find it awkward that he'd want to wear it, too. Another absolute gem from the house of Ormonde Jayne.

Redpula
Redpula

Guest review below was mine. As always, I got timed.

Really trying to understand and smell this scent but it was very quiet after the top. Upon application, a spray, my nose was greeted with a beautiful yet airy mandarin orange. The lime and bergamot was not too obvious and hiding quietly at the aromatic mandarin orange note. It was a remarkable citrus and earthy feel. I like it from the moment I applied it. It smells unisex indeed.

A minute after, the orange was joined with pink pepper, adding a light spice, the cedar and a balmy feeling is slowly manifesting. The aromatic essence and earthiness is still there, clouding the whole journey in a very conservative way. I say aromatic but projection is really very weak.

Because of it's very close to skin scent, this would be a safe straight to the workplace wearing. Anyone can wear this on a spring and summer seasons, day or night. A very safe, not too sweet and so quiet perfume. The very weak sillage is the biggest regret for this fragrance despite a promising awesome top. Longevity, being a close to skin, would only be about 4 hours.

Right at the base, I can still smell the mandarin orange mixed with moss while vetiver seems like nowhere to be found. My whole olfactory journey with OJ Isfarkand is warm but not inviting.

You may want to give this perfume a sample try but be reminded, it doesn't innovate and tends to be somewhat linear plus I didn't experience a noticeable perfume transformation despite it's aromatic trait. This is warm, light spicy, less sweet, no powdery but earthy.

With my wearing, sadly, it may not be a compliment earner. I feel neautral to poor due to its lack of excitement and olfactory satisfaction despite having light woods over dry down.

I can only give this a 6/10. Should you wish to buy a Jayne Ormonde fragrance, skip with this one, just ask for a sample. Go for the other Jayne Ormonde perfumes like Jayne Ormonde Woman and Tolu.

finanna
finanna

The opening is very similar to other OJs, nice citrus but after that it's downhill…this is a homeopathic version of OJ feminines. (Reminds me about the old joke that average mens fragrance is a watered-down feminine.) Moderate sillage for the first 20min, then nothing. If I stick my nose to my wrist I smell very faint musk/vetiver. Even my boyfriend was wondering why I wasn't wearing any perfume. Disappointment, luckily I only had a sample.

EDIT: this is much better in warmer climate. Soft woody citrus that stays close to skin, lasts about 5h.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This failed on me completely. It very quickly went from being a masculine citrus blast very reminiscent of an old fashioned aftershave splash or like those perfumed waters you would use to scent your skin and cleanse it, into a slight vetiver and pencil shaving concoction.... Then quickly faded into a faint vetiver. :(

Where was the iris and moss I was hoping for. Not too impressed with this one. Onto the next!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This one surprised me by starting out woody, citrusy and a little “sweaty-musky”. I don’t know why, but I’d been expecting a feminine floral oriental, so the light dryness was a pleasant depature from that image. The predominant wood is cedar, probably underscored with some Iso E Super as well as some black agar or other synthetic woody note that gives it the “sweaty” feel. There’s a little bit of spiciness, presumably from the pink pepper, but I wouldn’t call the composition spicy at all. Towards the end, the vetiver in the base becomes prominent. There’s lots of sillage and it is long-lasting, at least 8-10 hours. I like it a lot.

spoombung
spoombung

This is the third Ormande Jayne sample I've tried along with Man and Zizan and I must say I find them all pretty similar in realisation and concept.

Like the others, this one starts out with a nice, fresh blast of citrus notes that thin out too rapidly leaving a weak cedar impression and the same irritating (for me) peppery vetiver trail. There's really nothing here of any distinguished character or note... and certainly nothing to justify the high price.

I really wanted to like Ormande Jayne fragrances after reading positive reviews and visiting their shop with helpful staff. Unfortunately I've found it difficult to enthuse about these peppery, rather ordinary scents as they seem to offer little in the way of surprise or innovation.

Francop
Francop

Beautiful masculine scent...truly magical...

Am I reminded of Terre d`Hermes...?

Perhaps...

Although it's said to be for men, Ormonde Jayne ISFARKAND cologne is absolutely unisex: a scrumptious lime-vetiver composition with some other woods and moss thrown in for good measure. The opening has serious addiction potential for me, but as the pink pepper expands toward the drydown, I become less enamored, although it never reaches the point of making me feel overwhelmed.

I recommend this creation to anyone looking for a high-quality, slightly spicy, citrus and woody low sillage fragrance. ISFARKAND would be especially nice in hot weather, but it has enough woodiness and spiciness to make it wearable year-round. If you abhor pink pepper or lime, you won't like this one, but everyone else should be pleased.

I visited the Ormonde Jayne store in London with my husband and the girl in the shop kindly gave us some samples. She gave Isfarkand to my husband and basically I used it all and have just ordered a whole bottle for myself. It's just spot on with the lime and mossy scent. Perfect.

A hot spicy citrus scent. Lovely, slightly masculine and tending towards the oriental. Well blended and layered as all the Ormonde Jayne line are.

jeca
jeca

One of the cosiest scent for me from the OJ collection. Hot and protective, I love the combination of citruses and mosses-woods, but when I inhale it right after applying I feel lovely dark spices.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.