Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Esprit d’Oscar Oscar de la Renta for women
dislike

Esprit d’Oscar Oscar de la Renta for women Videos
Esprit d’Oscar Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures

Design house Oscar de la Renta gets its perfume license back and announce a new fragrance named Esprit d'Oscar. Esprit d'Oscar is the updated and modern reinterpretation of the debut fragrance Oscar from 1977.

Retaining the original oriental - floral character, the new composition begins with citrus notes of Sicilian lemon, bergamot and citron, leading to the floral bouquet heart of Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose. The base is oriental, creamy, smooth and very long-lasting with musk, heliotrope, tonka and vetiver. Perfumers Frank Voelkl and Ann Gottlieb collaborated to create this marvelous composition.

The perfume bottle design reminds of the original with more elongated shape and the glass stopper that resembles a flower. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Esprit d’Oscar was launched in 2011.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Citron

Oscar Celebration

Esprit d’Oscar Fragrance Reviews

raw umber
raw umber

There are fragrances I love as scent objects, but not as functional perfumes. Then there are those I love as functional perfumes, but they do little for me as scent objects, as things I like to huff on their own without necessarily wearing them to smell "good".

Espirit d' Oscar is one of the only perfumes I have tried which I love both as scent object, and functional fragrance. It feels good to smell it AND it makes me smell very nice.

A layered perfume where floral powder comes up against sour lemon and bright bitter citronella, against the richness of tonka. More soapy than sweet on me. It's a fresher outdoorsy L'heure Bleue. The jasmine and orange flower provide an almost beachy nuance.

Thanks to 2746cstreet for introducing me to what well could be my favorite perfume of all.

shushkin
shushkin

I was attracted to this because the heliotrope is dominant. It didnt disappoint. Yes, it was initially very sweet but it very quickly dried down to the lovely warm heliotrope, neroli, tonka bean and musk. I love it. A very classy scent with moderate sillage and good longevity. It was very reasonably priced on EBAY as well! Definitely a bargain.

nitschevo
nitschevo

This is absolutely divine! I received this beauty in a swap (thank you again, desireegascon!) and couldn't be happier. Aside of So de la Renta I adore almost all of Oscars fragrances or at least those I got to test already :)

With Esprit D'Oscar I love the fact that they were able to reinvent the classic without losing it's main character. In my opinion it's as refined and elegant as the original but slightly adapted to nowadays vibe of perfume. Maybe less intense.

Upon first spritz I get fresh yet powdery flowers. I can detect the orange flower fairly well. As it starts to dry down there is a phase where it's rather spicy - but fresh spicy, not warm spicy as in Opium.

Around 2 hours into it the scent has dried down to a lovely powdery violet, iris and tonka bean scent. For me it has a similar vibe to Chanel N°5 Eau Premiere, classy and refined.

I feel very chic and womanly wearing this and am glad that I have this in my collection now - it fits a nice evening dress as well as my favourite wool sweater :)

PS: the bottle is stunning!

vos
vos

I love l'heure bleue and so expected to love espit d óscar too. They are very similar in the opening. In the drydown eprit dóscar turns more dirty than the guerlinade from l'Heure Bleue. I guess it is the ambergris in esprit that makes it so. Lovely as it is ...it is no l'heure Bleue. Pricewise a verry good buy.

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

I LOVE the original OSCAR, and after reading the reviews, was sure I'd love this one as well. I've been trying IN VAIN! to find a less expensive dupe for my beloved Champs Elysees edp GUERLAIN, and at first sniff, seriously thought I'd at long last struck gold. But Esprit, upon dry down, quickly turned into a floral, bitter powder - it smells like a vanity soap - the kind put out for prettying up, not ment to actually be used by anyone. Even without thoughts or hopes of a substitute, i just can't use it. This will be finding a new home, and I will continue my search...

Anywho
Anywho

On first sampling Esprit d'Oscar I dismissed it. I'm not sure any more what it was that I didn't like about it, though. Today I came across the little sample again and put it on - and wow - I really like this. It has a guerlainesque quality and vibe about it, maybe in the opening reminiscent of Mitsouko and then settling into something more resembling L'Heure Bleue with Mitsouko still in the background. And while this is all going on, there is the Echo of Oscar, weaving its way through the whole composition without loosing a footing and not intruding where it shouldn't. If you like Guerlains and Oscar this is a lovely marriage of the two that you should give a go. I keep sniffing my arm!! I think I'm hooked...

Edit: I tested Ed'O again today, but wearing it on my clothes. Wearing it like this it skips the Mitsouko opening and goes straight into the L'Heure Bleue/Oscar combination and stays there quite happily. Personally, I don't mind either...I am still hooked...

Musume
Musume

Esprit d'Oscar is for me a perfume of yesteryear, it begins with a citrus note that I'm not very fond of but it quickly becomes a sweet refined powdery floral with a gourmand side, not sticky sweet thank god, just a hint of a powdery almond sweet, restrained and subtle, it reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer in the Chéri film (adaptation of Colette's book), Esprit d'Oscar is all about fine gardens, tea, parties, face powder, secrets, joie de vivre, and at that wonderful price what's not to love?

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I thought I had already reviewed this, but looking thru my reviews saw I hadn't. This is just a MAGNIFICENT FLORAL!!! It is beautiful, long lasting, complex and well worth having. I have nearly finished my bottle, and will order another. The iris note in this is very noticeable to me, as is the heliotrope. This is a modern masterpiece, better even this Oscar's Essential Luxuries line, and at $25 a bottle. . . it's a steal.

I'd recommend this beauty to anyone who loves pure florals. Wow! To me, this is more beautiful than the original Oscar, but for it's time, the original was really something.

Cochlea
Cochlea

This is the most perfect scent because my darling mother wears this beauty. It is her signature, it smells divine on her. I love it when she wears it, it is so light but still complex. She is a bubbly pastor's wife and a teacher with a masters degree. The trail she leaves behind is divine and elegant. It is a fizzy scent that always makes me smile. Esprit is dreamy effervescent and powdery with sweet sugary heliotrope, tonka bean, jasmine and the earthy vetiver. I love to sneak a spray of it from time to time.

StarMagix
StarMagix

Very beautiful scent. I usually am not a big fan of Oscar but this one smells wonderful. I would not call it a Grand Ma scent or a young lady scent but I would call it very ladylike, soft, delicate, and very wearable for all events. Love it!

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

Initially I hated this but now it's become one of my everyday favourites. Please try this a few times before passing judgement. The top notes are a little harsh, at times I get nauseous because the heliotrope and citrus combination is a little off-putting. Nevertheless, like magic, within seconds, the perfume transforms into a pure beauty of citrus, powder, vanilla, tonka, and heliotrope. It's so lovely, and sophisticated. I will very rarely sit and bare through an opening of a perfume I don't like without scrubbing, but Esprit is worth it. I really recommend it, particularly considering the price it can be found at. I think I actually prefer it to LHB and AL (the two Guerlains it gets compared to)!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Only recently I swapped my L'Heure Bleue with an other fragrantica member, after having tried in vain to understand it and to like it. The LBH edp version felt like a nuclear attack on my olifactory system, the cloves and the carnation were just to much for me to handle. I sprayed it on a handkerchief and had t wait up to 24 hours for the dry down before I could appreciate it.

Now I discovered l'Esprit d'Oscar, it is a softer and less spicier perfume related to LBH, I no longer have to wait 24 hours because to me it smells just fine from the moment I apply it. Not having the iconic status of LBH, it can be found for a fraction of the price of LBH.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

I've tried but I just can't get along with this one, I don't get any citrus just horrid furniture polish smell followed by Chanel No5, which makes me feel claustrophobic.

If you like Chanel No5 but can't afford it at the moment try this, you'll love it!

If you're looking for something fresh smelling for summer I doubt this is it, very heavy to start drying down to stale dusty powder and musk.

Annica
Annica

It's not often that I feel that I am wearing the wrong clothes for a perfume. I sprayed a bit on the neck. After a while I looked at my clothes: jeans and striped top and immediately got a strong feeling that there was something wrong. Next time I wear it I will have my best clothes on, he he, because this perfume demands it! So very elegant! I love the floral composition in this Classic.

Wheaters
Wheaters

This is pretty nice. The opening is a bit intense and doesn't smell that nice - almost like citrus that has gone off. Luckily that doesn't last long and it does settle down. It's powdery and a bit sour, then after about half an hour it finds itself and is a very classy powdery scent. I don't get the violet at all but I think what I notice more is the orange blossom with powder.
I will try this for a few more days to see if it becomes a favourite, admittedly partly because it's inexpensive so would be viable as a signature, and partly because another perfume which I wasn't sure about to start with became my favourite after about 4 days. Sometimes you need to persevere if you're not sure.
This is a classic, classy scent and the longevity and sillage is excellent.

mumsy20
mumsy20

Thank goodness the dry down lasts long for me to enjoy this modern but timeless scent. I was really close to tears with disappointment when I first sprayed it on thinking why did I ever buy this blindly. It was a bit too strong I thought maybe it didn't go well with my skin chemistry. But I kept reading and rereading some comments here to assure me that as soon as the opening notes fade that's when the real beauty of this perfume will be revealed. And it's true and I couldn't be happier this is an absolute bargain for an expensive smelling perfume. The dry down on me is like warm honeyed cream, something in this scent makes it syrupy which makes it mouth wateringly irresistible. I don't think I give Esprit d'Oscar any justice with my descriptions of it. I just hope you can enjoy this perfume as much as I do.x

pamelapuffadder
pamelapuffadder

I first met Oscar in 1980 and it's the only fragrance I wore for years. Then I went off fragrance for years, only recently becoming interested again. I have most of the Chanel frags, new and vintage. And some vintage Lanvin Arpege and Joy, and a vintage 1980 Oscar perfume. I purchased this Esprit d'Oscar and spritzed it an hour ago. It is gorgeous, warm, very slighty spice, vanilla and floral. I LOVE this scent. It is lighter than Osvar yet I still smell it's lineage. Seriously good, very well made. Oscar is a classic and can share a shelf with Guerlan, Chanel and Patou.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

Beautiful creamy and smooth perfume that shares more than a few elements with L'Heure Bleu. Modern, slightly milder version of the classic, totally wearable in 2014.

A friendly Fragrantician recommended this - so glad I listened. Can be acquired for a very reasonable cost online. Absolutely recommended.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

Mama Mia... no ageism in perfume please. Allow people to wear a memory or a feeling without feeling too old for it or too young for it. What has age got to do with the fact that this reminds me of a holiday in Greece some years ago.. walking past fresh citrus fruits growing on trees and taking a boat ride across the lake with my family whilst a true Mediterranean grill was being prepared? I love citrus scents, lemons, limes, lemongrass and lemon balm. This perfume captures those scents and then you have this kind of electrical champagne kind of musk.... I really like this perfume. It lasts long.
My child loves this. Reminds me of good times in Greece and Crete years ago.. wearing a colourful maxi dress with bronzed skin eating olives on the terrace.. I could actually cry.

ps. It's difficult to find so I am preserving mine for a lovely summers day in the garden with friends, where I could pour out a Mojito a vodka cocktail or two :)

Sheks
Sheks

Lovely fragrance with a long lasting scent.

Allinug
Allinug

No...nothing for me. Smells of something sweet and old fashioned in a way. I like perfumes that are old fashioned but not this one. When I smell it I get Chanel No5 and Coty L'Aimant in my head and aldehydes so no thank you. There are no aldehydes in it but regarding to the smell it could have.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Powerful, but velvety, creamy and smooth heliotrope and tonka beans, which smell deliciously nutty to my nose, laid against a soft, clean, elegant, floral and powdery background. So far, I haven't really picked up on the citric notes, perhaps they are too well blended in. I see a fair amount of resemblance to L'Heure Bleue and it also shares some DNA with the original Oscar.

Thaxter
Thaxter

A sharp burst of lemon followed by a distinct blackberry note. About an hour in, it grows wonderfully complex and mellow, a blend of iris, violet, and heliotrope. The vetiver adds a grassy and slightly spicy note. I bought this as an alternative to Apres l’Ondees, and I like this better, as the sillage is excellent and the cost is more than affordable. One spray is all I need to enjoy its beauty all night. This is perfect for relaxing at home and watching a movie -- cozy, comforting, clean, softly reassuring. Esprit is a wonderfully feminine, stunning hymn of a fragrance with old-world class.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

Softer thatn the original Oscar de La Renta but it's not subtle. Absolutely beautiful. Burst of citrus and quick dry down to creamy powdery and musky. It's a billowy Sunday

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

Esprit D' Oscar is a fresh & a beautiful inoffensive masterpiece!, oh yes! get past that initial first spray of aldehyde's, citrus lemon. Then around a hour or less, enjoy such a wonderful quality, rich velvet scent that's airy. Esprit is complexed but by far a whole lot softer than it's original Oscar version back in 1977 but this by far is more modern. I can really smell the voilet & the vanilla almond powdery, creamy dry down brings me in mind of Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist due to it's cashmere attraction. Simplicity is truly the key to this fragrance, soothing also plus i feel it lifts my spirits up. The jasmine makes this a clean/soapy scent & ideal if your looking for a perfume that has a after a shower feel. It stays close to the skin & on me becomes part of my chemistry. Everything about this perfume is feminine with a huge floral heart and with a signature foundation of Oscar of the 1980's it brings this classic scent right up to date.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

A few days ago I acquired a big bottle of Esprit D'Oscar as a blind internet buy and had high hopes for it, based mainly on the good reviews of it on here, so I was a bit startled when, just as with Preux and Loli19, the first blast of it when I spritzed it on my wrist was very reminiscent of a screechy, overpowering bug repellant, or perhaps some type of cleaning product such as a window cleaner! At the very least it smelled very 80's and retro'ish in a slightly alarming way!! I was so disappointed that this perfume wasn't smelling nearly as good as I had hoped for and that it wasn't remotely as pretty as the bottle it came in!

Hmm, well I'm not the most patient of people necessarily, especially when it comes to waiting for a perfume that starts out being a bit scary and overbearing to, hopefully, metamorphose into something very appealing and likeable after it settles down! You never know how long it will take for some perfumes to get to that stage, if they ever do, and if they do some take so long to do it that that can be very off-putting in itself and make you reluctant to ever wear it.

Well, this is the second time I've tried my Esprit D'Oscar and, as with the first time, I had to grit my teeth through the pungent opening stages (and resist the urge to wash it off!) but it's been worth the wait, thank god! It's now about 2 hours later and the perfume has totally mellowed out, become softer, citrussy but in a delicate, creamy way and is effortlessly sexy and sweet. It gives a similar feeling to snuggling up on the sofa, wrapped up in a cosy throw, sipping a yummy hot chocolate while watching a late night movie in the dark .. hopefully with a partner, or at least a very good friend, alongside you!

It reminds me a bit of Strenesse by Gabrielle Strehle, because of the creamy citrussy'ness, but to me it's far more likeable once it settles down and isn't so cloying and one-dimensional. It also seems similar to Romeo Gigli Woman, again because of the lemon'y citrussy'ness but it doesn't have the sherbet-like aspect of that perfume.

So, now I've gone from thinking perhaps my first Oscar de la Renta perfume buy wasn't a good choice for me, and thinking that perhaps I should swap it, to knowing I want it to be a part of my ever growing perfume wardrobe and it could well even become one of my 'go to' perfumes because I think it's actually wearable for any occasion and wouldn't offend anyone ... well, at least not once it's settled, so it's best to wait for half an hour or so before emerging from the house so that this perfume can show its true colours and let everyone know what a beauty it really is!

EK
EK

I aquired Esprit d'Oscar in a blind swap, and I expected something bright, fresh, probably light and summery. I was slightly worried, as that type of fragrances usually don't last on me and in general aren't quite strong enough for my liking.
I was in for a surprise.
Yes, it is definitely fresh. It is definitely bright. Very bright and uplifting, a ray of sunlight - but not at all weak and fleeting. Not "cute" either, but very sophisticated. Elegant and casual at the same time. It's spring now, and it seems the perfect time to wear Esprit d'Oscar. I'm think it will do really well for me in summer too - and fall - probably even winter! It's warm enough for that.
The drydown is one of the most beautiful I've encountered. I'm fussy about drydowns, most of them are too sweet and fat for me. This is the perfect blend of all good things.
Sillage is good, but not too strong for working environments. Discreet, but detectable. I like to be able to smell myself without putting my wrist to my nose, but I can be slightly embarrassed if I reek through the room in the wrong context, if that makes sense.
Longevity is amazing. It's been 8 hours and I can still smell it, which means I can expect at least 10 hours of pleasure from this gem.
What more can you possibly ask for?

Ioli19
Ioli19

So totally 100% agree with preux!
First hour was exactly like the mosquito spray I use every summer, wanted to scrub it off, but I am lazy too and had read preux's review so I waited.... And yes an hour later.. Lovely , yummy powder scent, with great longevity. Not a skin scent, great projection!
But can't wait for an hour for its development, I want it nice from beginning till end!
So though I had high hopes for this it's a no!
To its defence, I have smelled it on 3 other people, it smelled wonderful on them, and so this is strictly not a blind buy candidate! Try it!

preux
preux

For the first hour, it's nothing but sharp bug spray for me. I get some very faint lavender/other floral notes underneath. It rather seemed like someone had applied baby powder and then fallen into a vat of mosquito repellant, which isn't exactly the scent most people gravitate towards.

However, I didn't scrub it mostly because I am despicably lazy, and my laziness was rewarded with Esprit's lovely drydown. Originally I'd been wondering why so many reviews spoke of creamy vanilla - this is where it starts. You know when you eat stupidly expensive vanilla ice cream and it has that sleek, luxurious creaminess to it? That's what this is like. I wouldn't call it edible, though. It's got too much understated powder to be edible.

It lasted about six hours for me. I'd say probably low/moderate sillage, but definitely not a skin scent. It's still unreasonably cold here so I've yet to see if the bug spray goes away in warmer weather. Esprit is a very comfortable, almost relaxing fragrance, but sadly that opening is just nasty.

Where the Original Oscar turns to the oldfashionladystyle and oldfashionway, Esprit D'Oscar turns to the modern, flirty and Chic woman way. What a lovely surprise. Esprit d'Oscar is a little bit more soft, warm softspicy then the original Oscar - in a really goooood way! A keeper!

Där originalet Oscar går mot den omoderna stilen och lätt föråldrade damen så kör Esprit d'Oscar den moderna stilen. Flirtig, chic & superkvinnlig. En härlig överraskning. Esprit d'Oscar är lite mjukare o varmare och lite mer mjukkryddig än originalet Oscar - på ett otrooooligt bra sätt. En självklart doft för parfymhyllan!

MonicaNikki
MonicaNikki

If you want to smell just out of the shower clean, this is definitely the way to go. Smells soooo good!

biofumery
biofumery

I have to say, this was a somewhat impulsive blind buy based on the fact it was on sale, and the reviews I had seen on here were favourable. I should also say, I'm pretty new to buying perfume, so I guess I didn't really 'get' what the term powdery referred to...
Well, now I definitely do!
I love the florally citrus scent when you first spray it - I just wish it would persist a bit longer! It dries down into what I assume is the 'powdery' part, leaving a smell like I've just got out the bath. It is comforting rather than exciting - I wouldn't wear it to a party, but I might wear it to a family dinner.

varykino
varykino

I'm trying to restrain myself from blind buys, but the comparisons with Eau Premiere and Après L'Ondée were so alluring! And yes! I'm so happy that this is just what I'm getting. The sweet lemon-meringue opening and fluffy mood of Eau Premiere, and the beautiful heliotrope-violet-iris dreaminess of Après L'Ondée. It's more introspective than the former and less fragile than the latter. To me, Aprés L'Ondée is a purple silk georgette dress, while Esprit is more like a soft and warm, pastel angora sweater.

I get the heliotrope-violet-iris combination more prominently than the other notes, gently buoyed by white musk. It's almondy and it's cuddly. The orange blossom and sweet jasmine impart a clean but sensual soapiness, like plush white suds of a fine jasmine soap. (You know, the old film-star ads for Lux soap? That's the kind of thing it makes me think of, that clean retro glamour.)

I doubt I'd have associated Esprit with the original Oscar if I'd sniffed it blind (and the notes are quite different) but there's enough of a genetic imprint there in the white floral part, that I can pick out the family resemblance when I know it. Oscar is sweeter and heavier, more of a classic floriental. Esprit is more smiley and fluffier. I prefer Esprit. But you do have to love heliotrope!

iamaround
iamaround

This is a lovely, powdery heliotrope, sweetened by flowers with a little bit of freshness from the lemon. A little later tonka bean and musk come out to play.

This is soft, feminine, classy & timeless. I think women of all ages would be able to appreciate this. I would say it will suit someone confident, experienced and someone who knows what they want in life.

I feel beautiful when I wear this. It's nothing like anything else out there. Good projection and lasting power as well. This is definitely a keeper, so glad I bought this blind.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I love Apres L'ondee and l'heure Bleue and took a chance on this as a blind purchase. If you love Heliotrope don't overlook this one. I actually taste it at the back of my throat and in a good way....This fragrance is not overpowering...Lemon gives it a freshness...imagine Lemon cream cake dusted with powdered sugar..., but it's not overly sweet. This is a modern version of my much favored classic; L'heure Bleue sans the initial medicinal note. Don't let the ridiculously low price put you off, this is really really nice.

lirael00
lirael00

Just got this one and I have to say it's really interesting. After first minutes it reminds me of a creamy bath (I have to say not bad)and then after few hours it turns into this baby powder scent (still not bad) It lasts for hours and whenever I sniff it I get this feeling like I'm working in a kindergarten. I can imagine that someone who works there should smell like that. Nice one!

ldyausten
ldyausten

I just ordered this off fragrancenet. The last three reviews put me over the edge to buy when they compared to Chanel # 5 eau premiere. Will add my review once received.. :)

I don't easily get any Oscar de la Renta here. I don't know how a sample of Esprit came to my hands.
I remember that some time ago on Samsara's review page someone mentioned Esprit as similar to Samsara and this obviously raised my interest, but I cannot see the link anymore.

Not really. I don't smell a big similarity but I understand the little similarity with Samsara and... with many others.
Esprit is a thick Yellow-shampooing smell at first. It reminds of ylang ylang in Samsara and the shamppoing in Samsara vintage, but stronger.
It reminds of Chanel Eau Premiere for the lemon-powdery edge and it has a side of Habanita.

This is a good modern rendition of a classic lady theme, but it doesn't work too much for me.

KateAnette
KateAnette

This reminds me a lot of Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. Same soapiness, very clean smelling. Esprit works a lot better on me than the Chanel though. Esprit is a lot more complex, with more depth and development. It's slightly sweeter, and as it dries down, it becomes a bit spicy as well. I have been wearing a lot of gourmands lately, so this takes some getting used to. I like this a lot, and the more I'm wearing it, the more I like it. I used to wear the original Oscar back in the days. That one smells dated to me now, this is definitely a modern take on the original. In the dry down it does resemble the original a bit, but it's lighter/ not cloying, sunnier and indeed modern. For once a well done flanker, keeping the spirit of the original but made more wearable.
It's been 3 hours since I sprayed 1 hefty spray on each arm. This is now a very close to skin scent, with nada sillage. The original Oscar stayed on me all day with a huge sillage, this new version is different. Perfumes usually stay on me all day, even those that others complain of having bad longevity. Sillage and longevity wise this isn't anywhere close to the original. As I like softer scents that stays close to the skin, I'm okay with this. If you want/ are used to strong scents, I suggest you try this on your skin first, so that you don't feel you don't get enough bang for your bucks. I got a 100ml bottle for 33 euros, so I'm not complaining, I'll just spray more if needed :).

EDIT again :)
Now that i've been wearing this more, can't complain about longevity or sillage either. 3 sprays and it lasts 12+ hours with a pretty good sillage. It also changes a lot, from the bright soapy fresh opening, to a deep and slightly spicy yumminess. Totally recommended.

incrediblemelk

Just wanted to add that I'm wearing this today and someone asked me if I was wearing Chanel No. 5. I think that's the creamy, powdery quality. Also, wearing it every day I'm beginning to agree with those who identify the opening notes as a candied lemon or lemon meringue.

incrediblemelk

I stumbled across this at a pre-Christmas factory sale, where I was trying various perfumes on cards. I was so thrilled with this that I immediately tried it on my wrist, and then on my neck too. I bought a bottle straight away (it was only $35) and now, hours later, I'm still sniffing my wrist and enjoying the scent. This might be my new favourite perfume.

Initially I got a citrusy scent but almost straight away it warmed into a creamy, complex but not overly sweet or floral scent. It reminded me of my favourite powdery iris perfumes, such as Prada Infusion d'Iris and Chanel No. 19 Poudre – this isn't a cool, earthy type of iris.

What puzzles me is that as you can see, I associate the creamy scent with iris perfumes and not necessarily with anything billed as the main notes either by the perfumer or by Fragrantica users. I wonder what it could be. In any case, I feel super lucky to have made this serendipitous discovery, as I don't think I would have tried it if it had been suggested to me with the description of citrus.

PS I also tried the original Oscar at the same sale and to me it smelled very different (and not nearly as lovely); I wouldn't have realised it inspired this.

Inventress
Inventress

Complicated scents are a joy to discover. Oscar de la Renta's Esprit d'Oscar (I tried the Eau de Parfum concentration) is one of them. It is a dense fragrance upon application (even off-putting), but within an hour or so it mellows to soft silk on the skin.

I cannot describe to you the top, middle, or base notes because they are blended well enough to form a whole, rather than a collection of individual scents. The perfume does not smell of citrus to me, but of a cinnamon accord akin to cinnamon buns, almost gourmand. It brings a Christmas cheer. The drydown is soft musk with a vanilla tone (although vanilla is not listed, I smell its accord). It stays over 8 hours on the skin and it is still lingering pleasantly on my scarf weeks after I ran out of the sample.

I started wearing the fragrance around October when the chill of fall began to creep in. Perhaps it is because I was acquainted with this fragrance during that time, but I think that the best time to wear this is between when the leaves turn gold and red until the final leaves depart the trees. With the winds picking up in autumn, it is like an extra scarf.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I think I'm leaning more towards powdery scents lately. Heliotrope and jasmine have also been getting my attention. This one has a slight vintage classic (but different) smell to it. I ordered this recently. The more I sniff my sample the more it grows on me. I have it on a cardboard tester strip in my wallet - after 2 weeks it's still going strong! The bottle looks adorable too!

Update: Received my bottle. It does not disappoint! I love that it also has a green scent - like the stems of fresh cut flowers. Smells divine on my clothes too! A winner! Potential signature scent.

bebekesasar
bebekesasar

I don't know how Oscar smells, but I think it should smell like this. I detected some myrrh-like notes, most likely from tonka bean. I thought the citrus would overpower the other notes and I would be left with a sour citrus mainstream fragrance. But, I was wrong. It perfectly mixed with the other notes, that I could hardly detect it. Lovely bottle, too.

laurarofa
laurarofa

Tinc Esprit d'Oscar de la Renta de 100 ml, va ser una compra a cegues. EStic oberta a venda o intercambi.

plaintain1
plaintain1

Again, another prezzie from husband. Slightly on the strong side and should be used sparingyly but see no reason why I can't use it again especially on special occasions.

bri.ana
bri.ana

I received my first bottle from the post yesterday and immediately tried it on my skin..on me,the first spray smells strongly of citronella which I am not a fan of (it reminds me of the citronella lotion I used to have to keep insects away in the tropics) but it transforms into a creamy, soft, powdery scent. I'm not sure I will be wearing it very often but I love the bottle though.

Daivuce
Daivuce

I don't know if I like or love this one. Opening notes are sharp, fresh and bitter. After 30 min it becomes almost animalistic on my skin. Makes me think of a mating tiger - slightly dirty, but powerful and seductive. Give it another hour and the initial sharpness is replaced by white florals, that stay prominent whilst getting slightly sweeter, but never too sweet, all the way to the dry down. After that - a pure soft creamy barely there bliss.

onome
onome

nothing else to say but love

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

Creamy, rich and powdery. Intoxicating and strong. Smelling it from the bottle it is similar to the original Oscar but once sprayed it diverges from its ancestor and develops into a unique, stunning fragrance definitely worthy of a name of its own. As with many other Oscar de la Renta perfumes it is complex in its composition and I have a hard time distinguishing between all the different notes listed here. But I find this to be of very little importance, it is the exquisite blend that I enjoy. To me this is not for everyday use. It is a fragrance for special occasions, and for that it is perfect.

Dominic80
Dominic80

This is truly my final heliotrope's dream! A classy blend of Mediterranean accents, among them the exquisite, unforgettable, nostalgic sweet and sour provided by the lovely Lemon of Amalfi, mixing so perfectly with the powdery intensity and sensuality of Parma Violet,and, dry almost soapy Iris. And then, the infinite, everlasting creaminess of heliotrope at its very best! What can i say? For a few lovers of so called "fresh scents" this may seem a vibrant impossible dream or maybe even an headache of powder, but for me.. it is just my powdery dream.. I just wish i hadn't to spray sometimes at night on my sheets, before going to bed, and, instead, meeting a glamorous princess, unafraid to wear this unique sensuality on her soft, delicious, and, dream alike skin..

brt
brt

I collected a spray sample of this last winter and left the sprayed fragrance paper in my raincoat pocket. For weeks I would pull it out, hold it up and breathe deep the scent with a satisfied, appreciative sigh. I was amazed at how long it lasted. When I went back to buy it I mistakenly thought I'd tried the original Oscar and was disappointed that it didn't smell as I remembered. Luckily I did some more research and, thanks to Fragrantica, I realized it was the Esprit d'Oscar I'd loved so much. I did get the EDP and am happy I did as it is a perfect office fragrance. On me it starts fresh citrus and develops into dreamy floral that's Grace Kelly classy. It lasts for about 7 hours on my skin but sometimes I can still catch a breeze of it long after I've gotten home and changed. I'm so glad the pretty floral lid beckoned me over to try it at the perfume counter. It's become a comfortable favorite of mine.

This is a unique combination of powdery sweet notes and citrus. Heliotrope, tonka, parma violet + the bitterness of citron, lemon and bergamot. Some very soft, slightly salty ambergris.
Drydown on my skin is reminiscent of some sort of lemony almond pastry filling.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Oscar, you lady's man you! You've gone and did it making me fall in love with you all over again!

Citrus (think lemon cookies?) gives way to a warm heart of jasmine, tuberose, and orange flower with powdery iris, violet, and heliotrope. The dry down gets slightly woody with vetiver and then musk, tonka bean, and ambergris gives it depth and balances it. I think a note may be missing from the pyramid above. There is a sweetness in the drydown. It's not really vanilla but amber maybe? After wearing this for quite a while I've been picking up on that note.

Smells absolutely delicious on my skin. I do think this is one that can be worn all year long. It's not too heavy and not too light either. Not too much like the original Oscar, but some similarities are there. This could be the daytime version as it does have a bit of a soapy quality to it, while the original is best suited for evening wear!

Either way, they're both irresistible. Bravo, Oscar!

mudpach
mudpach

In Hungary not known the oscar de la Renta brand, but luckily I could buy a bottle Esprit d'Oscar. This is surprisingly so elegant and a modern classic scent. It's feminine and comfortable every inch!
Good price and quality;)

Agree VeeNVegas, I don't think this one smells like the original Oscar at all.

ktyhan
ktyhan

a blind buy with no regret.... soapy, clean, powdery plus a bit of sweetness ... well-balanced... lovely, innocent, timeless ... very decent lasting power... and a light hand is needed

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Like most of my perfume buys, this one was a blind buy based mostly on notes and reviews here. This is one of the few that totally surpassed my expectations! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the lemon meringue opening and so happy that this stays with it on my skin for quite some time. Powdery and soft, not overly floral, it reminds me just a bit of the lovely citrusy opening of Bronze by Ellen Tracy.

BTW...I never wore the original Oscar but, from having smelled it on others, I see no resemblance.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Fantastic classy fragrance with prominent citrusy and powdery notes and some rather herbaceous facets that keep one wondering...
Flowers are powdery, citruses are medicinal. Vetiver and heliotrope are difficult notes, so i definitely don't see an universal appeal in Esprit, as those are eminent too. Tonka and musks add a bit of density and fixation.
Very well made, i see a signature material in it.
Reminds me, just slightly, of Heaven Sent and L'Heure Bleue.

It has a lot in common with my bottle Apres l'ondee, but much much better priced!

shannonny
shannonny

This is not a delicate scent on me, which I'm grateful for. (I have the EDP.) As dry as I am I need rich, oily forumlations. I received a huge bottle in a swap with Rkrchk (thanks a million again!) and I fell in love.

It is SO sweet, SO rich, SO voluptuous...for me. It does recall L'Heure Bleue, there is the family resemblance in the almost buttery, heavy note of heliotrope upon opening that remains throughout. But Esprit is easier, not at all an intellectual like her older sister. Esprit is more fun in company, where LHB prefers intimate conversation.

The citrus is not pronounced on my skin, which doesn't surprise me, as I tend to evaporate soprano notes like those. I'm dry and I like the deep floweriness of this, the white flowers, which are saved from irritating my soft palate by what I guess is the tonka bean, or something decidedly, maturely sweet, the way a good husband is sweet.

So after Casmir, this is my go-to bedtime fragrance. It is really warm, heady, and not complicated at all. It's sweet, it's heliotrope, it's white flowers and musky coziness. I just love it.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

I love my vintage DVF Tatiana and I have two full vintage bottles. I also own and love Esprit d'Oscar. On my skin, I can hardly tell vintage Tatiana and Esprit d'Oscar, at the start. Once they both dry down, Tatiana features a light, airy musk whereas with Esprit d'Oscar, the ambergris base comes through warming it up and alluding to the original Oscar. In my fragrance wardrobe, Esprit d'Oscar is my cool/cold weather Tatiana.

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

It opens with zesty citrus but dries down to a sweeter, less complex version of the original Oscar. It has much more vanilla but no herbal rosemary of the original. The original is more well-blended and balmy, too.

lexina
lexina

I have bought it blindly and regret it now. I chose it because I couldnt see and vanilla or orchid which stink to my nose and learnt that heliotrope has the same effect on me. Well, lets say my mom got her birthday present in advance - she loves vanilla and vanilla like scents, God bless her.

henri345que
henri345que

Sometimes we can find gold on places we wouldn't even imagine, and this was my reaction with this one. Wearing on skin confirms me what i have already read on some reviews, that thiis one is a modern vintage scent, a powdery aroma that doesn't seem dated, not too young, not too old. And it really is a Guerlain baby outside the marriage lol As if it inherited genes of Oscar, Apres L'Ondee and L'Heure Bleue. The tuberose seems to come right from Oscar, and it's more soft, sometimes it shows the camphor aspects, others the fruity tonalities. And surrounding it you have a sparkling citrus aroma, followed by a citrus-powdery heart, and a lovely cherry-musk-vanilla-tonka combination, which modulates between Apres L'Ondee and L'Heure Bleue. I was thinking while wearing it today that it's as good or even better than L'Heure de Nuit. And more affordable. I strongly recomend it.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I just purchased this blindly together with ''Loewe - Quizas''. I can't wait for them to arrive!
I already got ''Oscar's So de la Renta'' which is very pleasant, but unfortunately hasn't got the sillage and longevity on me what I was hoping for, but Espirt D'Oscar might just forfill those requirements. And with Spring almost knocking on my door... mmmmmmm... time to get the sweet, fresh & clean scents up front!

EDIT: I received this today! And I am happily surprised! This one does live up to my expactations according to the sillage and longevity. The opening is very similar to the original ''Oscar'', but WITHOUT the feared ''dried catpee in an ashtray'' smell that one has on me.
''Esprit D'oscar'' is gorgeous! Opens sweet citrussy, and dries down to a creamy musky slightly vanilla-ish sweetness, a bit powdery... It's a lovely scent! I don't expact to wear it in summer though, but it will be great for spring!

EDIT: I have been wearing it now for 2 days... and I have to say for me it is preferable to wear in colder climate, due to it being powdery and creamy. I would prefer a more fresh scent in springtime after all.

clairdelune
clairdelune

This one and I just didn't work out. I have a full 1.7 oz. that needs a new home. PM me if interested.

persefoni
persefoni

...i went perfume-smelling yesterday, to a store in athens, and i tried 3 smells that caught my attention: esprit, coco noir, and potion by dsquared.

Needless to say, esprit d'oscar was the dominant one. It was beautiful, loud and clear, provocative and kind of "shameless". Definitely old school, in the sense of making an entrance! Really impressive! The other 2 stopped smelling after half an hour ( or esprit made them "sound" too weak..).

This is a perfume for those women who cannot wait to get undressed to make a statement! They make it in advance!!

ebishop24
ebishop24

I purchased this blind after reading several reviews.
It contains many notes I love, and some I'm not so sure on.
I wanted to love this, but after purchasing and testing, I'd say I only like it. Most likely will not keep the perfume, as I don't think I would wear it often enough.
It is a lovely scent - it's just not for me.
Got several compliments on it, including it being mistaken for Chanel.
It opens with an incredibly sweet and creamy lemon scent, which is pleasant but too sweet for me. The white flowers, especially jasmine are certainly present, which, coupled with the musk, is what makes me not love this perfume. If these are notes you enjoy, then this is for you.
It lasted very well, the citrus smells wearing off within the hour, and the sweet muskiness increasing over the day, the scent of which was still present (just) twelve hours later.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

there's not much I can add to all the previous reviews, other than that the sweet citrus beginning reminds me of lemon tarts or lemon meringue pie (as opposed to plain lemon peel). After a few hours, the sweetness from the beginning and middle notes gets toned down, and it starts to smell like really good soap.

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

I must agree with the reviewer below who said this reminds her of baby shampoo, ME TOO! I LOVEEEE this fragrance; it is soo soft, sweet, powdery and fresh...very youthful to be so powdery.The tuberose (which is one of my very favorite notes is higlighted so beautifully in this fragrance). At first spray I got a blast of baby powder.Then I brought it home and looked up the notes. Upon reading about the opening I could detect a hint of citrus, but just a hint-which is fine by me because I typically stay away from frags that are very citrusy-they go sour on me or just become overbearingly so. I'd say the predominent notes are the "baby shampoo note"(Johnson's type-the gold formula) and baby powder mixed with tuberose a hint of citrus to keep it fresh. My favorite is the dry down that is when it becomes very floral, still powdery, but the jasmine and orange blossom make themselves known along with a touch of musk and the sweetness of tonka bean; the vetiver rounds it out to give it depth. Everyone's chemistry is different, so if you aren't partial to powder I would definately try before you buy. This frag is so soft and sweet to me it is relaxing, I wear it bed a lot...I also love stepping out of the shower and applying the body lotion, then the fragrance-it feels so fresh and clean. Kinda reminds me of how a baby smells when you snuggle their neck after they have been bathed. Heaven!
*Update: I had a minor surgery yesterday and wore this when the nurse was taking my blood pressure she asked about my perfume and said it smelled very nice, I just love to compliments! Also, I forgot to say about the sillage - 8/10 and longevity 10/10; I can still smell it on my clothes from yesterday as well as in my hair, Love that! this is a delicious fragrance and a great value for the money. I suggest getting the set with the body lotion & bath gel if you can find it. They're are several listed on ebay and I found mine @ TJ Maxx very reasonably priced for the 100ml bottle + the extras.

Mazie
Mazie

Ooohhh, this is so luscious, so creamy rich and intoxicating. I find my own self alluring, it's that wonderful smelling. This lasts and lasts, lingering and leaving a sense of the mysterious behind, one you want to locate and find, and then possess for one's self. My husband can't get enough of this, even suggesting I apply the scent right before bedtime. It's a most beautiful fragrance, one I'll always keep in my perfumes, and one I'd suggest to my friends. What a luxurious scent!

cecfor
cecfor

Enchanting. On my skin this is a spirited soul with a heart beating with warmth, heat even. This is my Oscar. It goes right up to favourite shelf.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

Vibrant and beautiful when you first apply. Stays that way for a while. Luscious heliotrope then appears. Wonderful longevity with this scent.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Chemically and very powdery sweet, colder scent. I think the original Oscar has much more esprit than this one:)

dbrii24
dbrii24

LOVELY!!!!!!! My Mom (age, 56) fell in love with this at the fragrance counter and little does she know she's getting it for Mother's day :) This fragrance is downright heavenly. It's a powdery, rich, sophisticated and sensual scent. I adore it. I personally do not own a full bottle of this- it's too powdery for my tastes but the scent is oh so charming. I can however, see myself wearing it on occasion to a fancy party or something. Bravo Oscar!

allyendawn
allyendawn

The more I wear it, the more I LOVE IT!!!! It's soooooo different, so stylish...

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a bright and soapy sunshine off a perfume . a real lady whit a gentel soul
The Orange flowers , citrus , heliotrop and tuberose are batteling it out in this . The citrusy zing off the flowers brighten this beauty. the heliotrop , softends and smoode things out. yes there is a whiff off similarity to L heur bleau. but not "alike" i would say . This is like a gentler side off Oscars original perfume , Put in some gental notes and a sleepy heliotrop :) to slow things down . make it more down to earth.Like taking a break from a though stressfull day put your feath up and clouse your eyes and breath .. there you have the moment off oscar espirit.
All in all this is a very nice twizt to the original . For a slightly younger lady .. A little goes a long way .

a little treasure

This is s perfect for a spring morning. the brighness off the sun meets the bright morning whit a clean fresh shower.. cooling like the morning dew in the gras ..just a little warmth from the sun..The spring flowers just abut to burst . love in the air.. This has a romantic feal to it.. Like when you put this one you all off a sudden gets to see all the beauty around you .. like the first love will make you walk on a pink clouds .. everything i beautiful, joyous and sharfull.. At the same time this has a calming feal to it ,do to the powderyness off heliotrop.. Like getting in touch whit the soule off things aswell.. I love this

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Oooooo...I looove this one and so does hubby. He reckons it smells quite soapy and soft but classy expensive soap. I tend to agree, I get the lovely soft smooth creaminess, definitely tuberose and white flowers, can't say I smell any citrus but I don't care as I love it. It seems to have very good silage on my skin, 4 hours later and I can still smell it after one squirt. Now it has developed to a comforing and mature soft clean smell. Vey classy, actually I do have a posh bar of soap called 'floral bouquet' and it smells very similar to that. Reminds me a bit of Miller Harris tuberose noix and Hermes Caleche mixed together. Mmmmmmmmm........

platinum_en_vogue@hotmail
platinum_en_vogue@hotmail

I love/like this fragrance. It is a great transition from the classic oscar. Its modern take is floral powdery and light enough to be worn during the day yet has a good longevity on the skin. It's fresh and mystical. You will be asked what you're wearing because it is unexpected.

jpcresson
jpcresson

I love this. It is so feminine and fresh. I think it is an all year around fragrance. Gorgeous. A fresh sister to Oscar - perfect for the modern classic.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love this fragrance so much I find it hard to describe! It opens as sweet, powdery lemon, and something that reminds me of the herb store in my college town. I do not get a specifically "floral" heart, even though the notes might indicate it. Instead, it feels like the heart notes reach into the top notes and the base notes. The base of this fragrance is divine! A sweet, musky, powdery "cloud", every note blended seamlessly with the other. Love. Love. Love.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is pure, guilt-free, fun. That's the word that comes in mind.

No particular note seems to be the main theme. It is like a symphonic orchestra playing a familiar piece, bright, vivid, wonderful. You feel like clapping.

Not like getting too emotional, not like sighing, not like thinking too much. Clapping.

Let's add that apart from the jasmin-tuberose-orange flower thing going on, there is a honey-like facet that lingers on the skin.

The sillage/longevity of this perfume are a great plus.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

A bright bouquet of flowers wrapped around a creamy lush musk.Reminds me of a stroll through the park in fall.The air is crisp,with the hint of autumn flowers,I wear my favorite angora sweater.Powdery clean woodsy dry down.Both comforting and pretty.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

The opening was promising and captivating. Not being a fan of Oscar de la Renta, I was caught by surprise. Alas, not for long :-( After the refreshing and soft floral start, the scent got more and more soapy and harsh. In the end I had to wash it off. Sorry, not my thing.

Faerunner
Faerunner

My bottle was a gift from a dedicated Oscar rep who stopped by our store one day. He was a real diva and completely devoted to the fragrances... so of course I was curious why he loved them so much!

I can't put my finger on exactly why I "love" this scent. It's too heavy for me, or so I think every time I spray it... but the lemon grabs me and pulls me in, and the jasmine leads the floral bouquet with such cloying innocence that I just have to come back and try it again... and again... I can't stop sniffing myself when I wear this.

The woody-floral drydown is great, too... it's a more crisp, mature scent than the fun, spicy-floral or vanilla-musk scents that I usually enjoy but I like it as something for special events. It lasts a remarkably long time on me, too! Hours later it's still clinging just above the skin.

I can't stand the original Oscar. I'm 25 and I remember the original's heavy floral bouquet as something my grandmother's friends would like. This version however is a great re-imagining for a new generation. It's less overwhelmingly sweet but with a real distinctiveness to it. Each note stands out as part of a fabulous whole. Plus, the bottle looks fantastic on my dresser! It's very solid and the crystal bloom on top is really gorgeous.

angel6
angel6

I like the opening reminds me the original Oscar the La renta, but then it dries to a soap and boring smell. Disappoint.

mymlan
mymlan

This is a classic: based on the notes I would love it, but Esprit lands on my wrist like a worn out chewing gum. It has a thick compact smell of something similar to outdated amaretto, or playdoh, which doesn't work for me at all.

I wish it hade more depht and dynamics, and a bit of translucentness. I'm not sure what ruins it for me. It may be the jasmine, or the jasmine in combintion with the tonka bean. Esprit has something in common with Trouble, but in my opinion Trouble is the wearable one. Try before buy is my advice!

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Very unique, I do like it. Almost has the smell of Baby Shampoo. I believe it's the Jasmine I am smelling. This perfume is growing on me.

hellin
hellin

This was an impulse buy, although I had been dreaming of a scent like this. I asked the department store salesperson which fragrance she would recommend that would be old fashioned, powdery but still suitable for a youngish person like me. She thought of this and some Jean Paul Gaultier fragrances. Gaultier ones were softer, but this was closer to what I was thinking of. I handn't much time to consider, so I picked Esprit d'Oscar. At first I regretted this buy a bit, because I have just lately started to like heavier fragrances and I thought this was too heavily flowery, but then the base notes revealed themselves and I was happy I found what I had asked for :). I did not make any vast comparison between perfumes like this, but so far I'm glad I purchased this :). It makes me feel very comfortable and feminine, but it's not "too classy" for my taste. I'm thinking of saving it for weekends and special occasions, but I'm not sure if I will have enough patience for it :)

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This fragrance is amazing! I got a little sample for "liking" their facebook page. It smells musky and oriental with top notes of citrus. The citrus doesn't last too long before giving away to the warm fragrance. I can't say that I can really pick out any notes it is blended so well that it just smells beautiful! I am very picky with fragrances and to find one that I like is saying a lot for a fragrance. But this one? I not only like it, I LOVE it! I would say the best use for this is evening wear. This is a fragrance I wish to purchase when my sample runs out. It is very sophisticated and feminine

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

Edit: I tried this on today and it was wretched. I have a small rollerball sample and it goes on very nicely. I sprayed it on at the bay and it smelt like playdough. I'm glad I tried it out of the bottle again. It would have been a huge waste of my money.

romrom
romrom

I really liked the original Oscar, I dont think I would like it now because I like softer scent, is this one like the original but softer ans not as sharp?? I cant find it in stores yet where I live.

Mary2011
Mary2011

It smells like the old oscar but with a new modern sexy fresh dash to it. a mix of baby powder, luxury and class. This will be the next fragrance I buy!

Killercolours
Killercolours

On my skin this is just a thick synthetic retro mess. The retro part I can stand, but the whole synthetic thickness makes me sick in just a few seconds and it doesn't calm down. I often wear heavy perfume so that's not the problem, but this one I had to wash off everytime I gave it a new chance. After 3 or 4 times I gave up completely. Toxic plastic fumes, not for me!

twillocks
twillocks

This really smells nice. I like it better than the original Oscar.

Allure_Sensuelle
Allure_Sensuelle

This perfume is your mother's (or your grandmother's) perfume reinvented. Powdery and cozy. I love wearing before I go to bed or on weekends. It smells clean.

Angelfreak4
Angelfreak4

I'll have to admit, I bought this because I saw the beautiful bottle in a magazine ad. Of course, I went to a department store to try a tester first, then came back a week later to buy it. I used to wear the original Oscar in the early eighties- had all the products offered in the line. I even still have, with the original box, the 1 oz. perfume bottle with the 1977 stamp on the bottom. Anyhow, this new version is just as beautiful and subtle as the original one. The first notes I get are the lemon and alittle more sharpness, then the drydown gets more woody. You almost can't overdo the application on this one. It is not as sweet as the original Oscar, and I would say this blends quite beautifully with the bath products from the Oscar line.

Esprit d’Oscar by Oscar de la Renta 4.00 out of 5 based on 401 ratings and 98 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.1oz
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM ROLL ON .10 OZ MINI
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM ROLL ON .10 OZ MINI
Esprit D'oscar Perfume by Oscar De La Renta, 1.6 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
Esprit D'oscar Perfume by Oscar De La Renta, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unboxed for Women
Esprit D'oscar Perfume by Oscar De La Renta, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
ESPRIT D'OSCAR for WOMEN by Oscar de la Renta EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Oscar de la Renta 'Esprit d'Oscar' Eau de Parfum Spray
Oscar de la Renta 'Esprit d'Oscar' Eau de Parfum Spray
Oscar de la Renta 'Esprit d'Oscar' Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Oscar de la Renta 'Esprit d'Oscar' Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oscar de la Renta Esprit d’Oscar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Oscar de la Renta Esprit d’Oscar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Esprit d’Oscar by Oscar de la Renta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Esprit d’Oscar by Oscar de la Renta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.