Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Extraordinary Oscar de la Renta for women

Extraordinary Oscar de la Renta for women
dislike

Extraordinary Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures Extraordinary Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures

The design house of Oscar de la Renta reveals the new perfume called Extraordinary in March 2015, the first fragrance from its collaboration with Inter Parfums. This fragrance supposedly reflects the legacy of the house more than any other. The name of the perfume is a favorite superlative of the late designer.

The composition is created by perfumers Pascal Gaurin and Bruno Jovanovic. The fragrance is adjusted to the younger population (25-35 years old), aiming to be elegant and fun at the same time. It opens with sparkling citrus notes leading to the bright floral heart of lush peony and neroli oil, and to the warm, woody base. It is announced as high quality, long lasting and "pink."

The face of the perfume is Talia Richman, photographed by Philippe Reynaud. The fragrance is available as 40 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum, with the duo of rollerball perfume and lip balm.

Citruses Neroli Cherry Blossom

Peony Rose Magnolia

Woody Notes Amber Vanilla orchid

Extraordinary Pétale

Extraordinary Fragrance Reviews

melfugatt
melfugatt

I wasn't sure about this the first time I tried it, but then I gave it some attention. The opening really is a very pleasant citrus and after about ten minutes it evolves into a light, sweet floral (the peony?) with just a trace of the initial scent. I didn't pick up everything like the neroli or rose but what I did get was very light and enchanting. Then suddenly the vanilla orchid and the woods showed up and I had a very warm, very sweet fragrance. It seemed like an unusual pairing, but the whole thing overall is very appealing. It's a scent that covers three distinct scent genres and I truly like it. <3

bailarina
bailarina

I just bought the 1.3oz for $24 at Marshalls. Smells very good, I'm very happy with my blind buy. As time passes it smells better, and different from other florals I have. the opening is citrus, I smell cuties...Then is floral, fall and spring time floral, perfect for this weather we are having in North Oregon right now.

phoenyxdg22
phoenyxdg22

This fragrance is the perfect sweet floral! Lasts quite a while on my skin and radiates well. I am a guy, but I only wear women's fragrances.

Anywho
Anywho

This scent suits the colour pink quite well. Extraordinary, if not an extraordinary scent per se, is a soft, slightly sweet, airy, powdery, clean scent that puts a smile on your face. To me this represents a scent a young girl might wear attending a debutante ball or to her wedding, it has something innocent about it - really lovely. Lasts very long on paper and projects well into the next day after spraying.

MollyCoddled
MollyCoddled

On me I get citrus on first application, then sweet powder, which I am guessing is the rose. I'm glad I have found a rose scent I can wear, but it still doesn't smell like some of my favorite roses from my garden.

sugarplumbdolly
sugarplumbdolly

Love, love looooove this! I like soft sweet fresh florals. I tested a bunch of florals and this one jumped out at me immediately. The citrus is just delicious! I could not stop sniffing my wrist all day. The fruit hangs around longer than usual. Big fan of all these notes. What I wish for is for greater sillage. And for some reason it sometimes disappears after an hour or two but reappears later, maybe heat activated. It seems like it is missing something to give it that extra boost.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

On me Extraordinary was not especially extraordinary. It was nice but nothing to go so wild about as to make a YouTube Fragrance Review video. I first smelled it on a scent sample on a magazine. I thought it smelled so cheap and so boring, like any typical modern floral fragrance. But I always give a fragrance a chance and I find something to like about it even if there are things I don't like about it. I treat my fragrances the way I do people. I like the shape and design of the bottle. I tested it at Macys then bought it on a whim. This stuff still sells at Macys. Yes it's not extraordinary but give it some time. I smelled mostly (in this order) cherry blossom peony rose magnolia amber woods. The scent smells very pink. The cherry blossom and peony are the strongest note of all which is unusual because both these flowers are quite soft and subtle in person. Delicate and babyish. Girly. I do like cherry blossoms. I'm decorating my home right now with some cherry blossoms in my new Oriental theme décor. They are lovely flowers and I saw them in person in Hong Kong. The magnolia never reached my nose but it's there sort of in the background. The rose too is not very strong. Everyone picks upon the orchid but not me. This is not an orchid to me. Orchids are usually very strong, sexy, va-va-voom voom to me. Orchids are the sexiest flowers! I would have detected an orchid if there was one here and for whatever reason the orchid did not appear. The dry down is the best part. It's an amber and wood note that becomes a skin scent or your skin but better scent. This is a good fragrance it's just like a nice person you are talking to someone you don't know but your first impression is favorable.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I am loving the fresh florals and vanilla aroma. This will be great for Spring & Summer. I think any time of year actually depending on my mood and style I am wearing. Got a great deal with 3 oz. perfume, lotion, lip gloss, and a roller ball too. Love Oscar D. R. so much. Any time I can get a great buy on one of their perfumes I grab it if I can.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I found it at a discount store. And of course, I looked at the reviews here. Very well priced for trying out
It is fruity at the very top and settles to a floral that on my skin leads towards Sophia Vergara's first perfume.
I like it. Will wear but it is not "extraordinary" in my wardrobe of fragrances.
It does have a mild trail that others notice and appreciate

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

I love some of the Oscar De La Renta fragrances. I recently got Flor and this one was my second from the brand. I think the brand exudes class and femininity. This fragrance upon first spray settles into such a pretty feminine scent, it reminds me of a lighter version of Si Lolita by lempika. The bottle is so pretty too. My only complaint would be I feel the fragrance doesn't last very long

tabitha106
tabitha106

After wearing the sample of Oscar de la Renta Extraordinary for the first time this week, I must say it's a lovely floral fragrance with a nice warm dry down that is really pretty on my skin. For the first hour I tried to think of what this scent reminds me of and Ah Ha, it came to me! Extraordinary reminds me of Givenchy Amarige. Though not nearly as complex as Amarige, there are similar notes of floral and amber but just not as rich. So perhaps this scent would be lovely for spring/summer and causal dinners al fresco. For me the first hit of citrus dries down quickly to the creamy vanilla and amber with the beautiful peony & rose on the top. It's a very nice change to my usual floral fragrances that are based with patchouli. Fresh, feminine and youthful...nice.

Justpeachy007
Justpeachy007

This is a very soft clean floral. I would say an all occasions scent. No one note strikes out, which I do love in a true "floral" scent. Beautiful from start to finish. On the skin it stays close, on clothing it wafts and you smell it as you move. I am very happy with this purchase, so many scents change drastically as they dry down. This one settles after application and stays a beautiful soft clean floral. Oscar de la Renta perfumes are so very different from each other. Don't ever write off an Oscar scent based on what you have smelled of the line before. There is absolutely something for everyone. Original Oscar is heavy powdery and floral, vintage smelling. Flor is a bright and tart floral. Blue has a musky layer underneath. This one is soft and warm and inviting. No powder. No biting sharp note. No musk. Yes, I am an Oscar lover.

genevieves
genevieves

@RosieRachel

"Generic - Lacking imagination or individuality; predictable and unoriginal:"

You do find it generic, actually.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

I think this is the first perfume I have ever tried which has pulled a disappearing act on my nose. This is a watery wishy-washy unappealing faux-floral mess. It's almost a bit rotting sour fruit reminiscent. I think it might be the 'cherry blossom' I am finding distasteful. Not for me. It has a syrupy, sticky, powdery sort of aura that makes me feel a bit sick. Good thing the longevity is unimpressive because it is fading now.

Scout
Scout

I had a gift card to Macy's given to me at Christmas. It was June and I settled on getting some cosmetics or a new perfume. I sniffed and cruised the entirety of the floor" Ardens, Lauders, Chanels, Diors, Jacobs, et al. There were a few new-to-me that I considered, but then I happened upon this.

For whatever reason, in a sea of bright florals, the depth of this one stood out. You immediately get the sense that it's quality. (Relax, purists, I don't mean like that.) It's not enormous "you're going to smell me for 10 days on your sweater" quality, but quality. Not overly synthetic. Not fleetingly fragile. It's just a solid mix of the right flowers and accents and a complementary base.

I have worn it all summer, and even into these cool October days and it's holding up well. When I think of Oscar de la Renta I think of exquisite evening gowns of layers of fabric and pearls. This is not quite as haute as his others. More subdued, but feminine still.

They say everyone should have a best friend that will be there for them at any time. If your car breaks down at 4am on a busy highway in a rainstorm, who will be the friend to come get you? I feel this perfume has that reliability. I can wear it to work, to socialize, to a date, it's all-purpose, lovely.

If I were to blind gift a perfume to someone, it would probably be this. I can't imagine it wouldn't work for anyone.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Extraordinarily average! I don't find this generic, but scents like this one have been done hundreds of times before and I'm getting tired of them.

This is a pretty and well-blended composition suitable for all occasions. It's light, inoffensive, office-appropriate, modern, feminine and starts off as a very sweet floral that progressively gets fresher as it dries down. I was disappointed that I couldn't really determine any notes considering that there are some unusual ones used here. However, it does smell dainty and ballerina-like to me, just like the pale pink colour of the juice. I do like that, but overall I'll pass :)

Longevity is for about 4-5 hours; soft to moderate sillage.

Dort0625
Dort0625

Yesterday while purchasing my signature perfume, the sales gal gave me a few little samples and this was one of them! Now I LOVE Oscar bamboo, it's in my top 5 so I thought this one maybe could be nice! Nice isn't the word for it, it's lovely! It's light, girly, summery and flirty! lobe this one!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

It is candy sweet. However, I find the amber veers it toward V&R Flowerbomb than Bonbon. I do not think it is soapy but then I like peony which, in my opinion, lift up the scent from drowning in syrupy sweetness. It is not unique but it is pretty enough for those days when I want to smell pretty but not offend in close quarters like church or the office.

One spray on me:
Sillage: arm's length
Longevity: one hour then faint for three hours

itstakenalready
itstakenalready

This is anything but extraordinary. It is pleasant, fruity, I don't find it floral. It's okay but I don't think I'll buy it. Its like one of those safe perfumes to gift your cousin when you are unsure what to get her.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Unfortunately, this was not a good scent on my skin. It opened with a musky, syrupy cherry, strawberry sno-cone scent that made me want to scrub it off. The juice finally dried down to a soft soapy floral that was reasonably pleasant and lasted about 12 hours.

I have loved many Oscar de la Renta scents in the past, but not this one! IF you like musk a lot, then you may like this one,

celebrity89
celebrity89

Soapy and syrupy sweet. Drydown is like tart cherries and hydrangea. I love this one. Interesting sun shaped bottle.

twillocks

This is a very beautiful scent. I really do not see an age limit for this this fragrance. I think at any age you can enjoy. I can't wait to purchase a bottle.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I really like this one. In fact, my husband bought me a bottle for Mothers Day. To me, it kind of has a Flowerbomb/La Vie est Belle vibe to it. It does remind me of those when I wear it, but this is perfect for spring and warmer weather. Not complex, but very feminine and pretty. It's a compliment-getter, and something I will reach for when I just want to feel pretty.

I dont think it is like Bombon at all!! Which is straight candy sweetness!!
Extraordinary is more floral, a juicy floral scent, for grown ups, whereas Bonbon caters to the young..in my opinion!

sashaineurope
sashaineurope

It smells on my skin exactly as Viktor&Rolf's Bonbon and it has a better price tag :)

I disagree, it isn't generic, it smells great!! It has punch. Creamy floral, with a hint of citrus and wood in the background ,the tops notes are kind of juicy and fresh, it is sweet but juicy floral sweet, the neroli oil gives it presence, it has a high quality vibe definitely, feminine, warm scent for spring days, I like it better than De la Renta Flor, it has character, and on my skin the neroli opens up and get warm, and summery...I love neroli so this works for me!!
Longevity is nice on top of it...nice creation by De la Renta, I will add suitable for any age, it is modern, not youngish...
It will be compared to sweet scents, I just don't feel they are similar, Extraordinary is a floral with fruity undertones, not a straight candy soft Bonbon type scent..which I don't like..

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Generic, nothing new here........not extraordinary! I'll pass.......

hot_tamalie
hot_tamalie

This smells fantastic! I smelled a sample from my Belk catalog. Will have to test it before purchasing though.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oscar de la Renta Extraordinary fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Oscar de la Renta Extraordinary, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Extraordinary by Oscar de la Renta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Extraordinary by Oscar de la Renta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.