Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Intrusion Oscar de la Renta for women

Intrusion Oscar de la Renta for women
dislike

Intrusion Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures Intrusion Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures Intrusion Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures

Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Intrusion was launched in 2002. Intrusion was created by Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas. Top notes are mandarin orange, sicilian bergamot, star anise, grapefruit and neroli; middle notes are lily, gardenia, water jasmine and peony; base notes are amber, patchouli and musk.

Mandarin Orange Sicilian Bergamot Star Anise Grapefruit Neroli

Lily Gardenia Water Jasmine Peony

Amber Patchouli Musk

Intrusion Fragrance Reviews

Jola 72

This one really made intrusion in my mind...I,v been a bit addictive to this scent and like it more and more.I just noticed how good it works with my body chemistry in cold weather now.I can clearly smell prominent note of star anise blends with freshness of citrus in the opening and it is really delicious ,then comes creamy flowers and blend of anise/fruits is not that prominent more but still there.Finally dreamy musky dry down,with hint of shy amber to smooth all to perfect creamy, ,fresh, really gourmand trail .Extremely well blended composition of this Oscar de La Renta ,attractive lite gourmand perfume,easy to wear allover the year With a hint of trophy aquatic feeling, which I love and it lives on my skin up to six hours ...SHINY...
I find it quit similar to Goddess ,Gres, just not that loud and far more pleasant...

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

I bougtht this blind based on reviews, and I'm very pleased. I got the edp and it is rich floral/citric - almost lemony - but I don't smell the gardenia, just the lily. I think the citric aspect gives it a unisex vibe, and my husband loves it. It really is a little gem. It isn't at all cloying, and it's freshness allows it to be a tad modern. If I don't really like or love a perfume, I tend to use it as a room freshener or with laundry. I don't think this one will ever fall into that category. I'm looking forward to wearing this, hopefully for many years.

I would rate this a 7.5/10 for fragrance, 6/10 for longevity and sillage. Intrusion is a fine perfume from this century. The simple, long crystal bottle is lovely and fits the perfume.

Intrusion is a clean smelling, soapy white floral. Floral fruity gourmand? There is nothing gourmand about this. I really can’t even smell anything fruity. This is a straight up floral to me. I like this because of its subtleness. It’s soapy without being aldehydic. Clean but not like laundry detergent, more like fresh flowers. No sweetness, as there is a very mild greenness here. This is a mixed white floral bouquet. Great for most occasions, as I can’t imagine how anyone would be offended by something like this.

qvalitet
qvalitet

Sour, harsh and loud - reminds me of del Pozo "In white". Bought it unsniffed and will sell it right away.

Wilka
Wilka

I tested "Marry Me" by Lanvin today and it suddenly reminded me of a fragrance I'd had already. The silver paper box was the first thing to come to my mind. Then, the bottle came to my mind. Then, the name of the fragrance began to fight hard to come up, but it wasn't easy: a name starting with "I" came to my mind, the handwriting-type name in the bottle and the box came to my mind but still, I wasn't able to remember it. Was it "Intuition"? No: Intuition is Estée Lauder's and this one wasn't. Int... Int... "Intrusion"? Yes! "Intrusion"! And what about the firm? Coudn't remember... Oscar de la Renta, perhaps? Yes, definitely! "Intrusion" by Oscar de la Renta! a fragrance I'd forgotten to have had... I loved it! I wore it especially in Spring and Summer... a I think I bought it twice... A fragrance you can find in Uruguay more. It's a pitty!

Migalex
Migalex

I ordered the edp refillers blind, because they were so cheap on perfumeclick, only 6.10 the 2x 30 ml edp, and also based on the reviews here, which I always enjoy reading and respect. Although I think it is a good scent, to my taste I do not find it anything special. It smells very fresh though, and it is well structured. If you are into fresh scents, you will appreciate it I think. Myself, I am more into oriental and oriental floral fragrances. I much prefer Oscar to intrusion, by far. Also I find intrusion sort of unisex.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I had a small vial of this, and I didn't like the way it smelled on my skin. I simply threw the vial back in the cupboard, along with some men's samples ...
Forgotten, when my husband and I were off for a holiday, I upended the samples into his shower bag. When it came time to apply, I convinced him it really was men's (he had doubts, due to the orchid on the packaging), so he applies it after his shower and shave, and this was amazing. It no longer had a super floral/chemically mix, the kind that induces migraines, but rather was an intriguing mix of citrus/floral manliness and was an eye-opener.
I haven't repurchased, but am open to may other 'floral' scents for my husband. And though he's a very masculine man, or maybe because he is, there's a whole world of scents open to us... if they don't work on me, they might on him.

Jola 72

Reminds me very much of Hale Berry,s REVEAL Just better quality and staying power Not miss for me,lovely every day summer scent
Must update here,this perfume is very nice and elegant Like sparkling sunny diamond ,amazing silage and longevity on my clothes And really all the notes are perfectly blended and natural Exotic aquatic summer perfume,with just a hint of lite sweet musky floral To me ,one of the best dry downs I know of such a lite scent Very feminine and seductive sparkling perfume

Moirahas
Moirahas

I brought the other day Cashmir and the woman from store gave me a small 0,5 ml Intrusion bottle.I epected to be like bluah and to throw it away but to my surprise it reminded me so much of my highschool years as I keep spraying and spraying allover...It also reminds me of Sun from Oriflame even if this one is expensive and Sun is a cheap one...But they both have the sweet honey scent and it teleports you in a yellow flowers summer field.

jivaswood
jivaswood

What a lovely/adorable scent! Last but not least, there are two different perfumes to talk about, EDT (light pink liquid) and EDP (crystal yellow liquid). I really like both, EDT is more floral, soft and girly, it's citric and ideal for day by day. EDP is more deep, intense and I can smell an exotic blend of lily, ambar and gardenia, it throws away each citric notes. It was created for powerful women, it's wonderful and I prefer it. I don't know how a person can't like it. The best perfume from Oscar de La renta (EDP version). He manages to exceed even my beloved Rosamor and Oscar for men!

Scent:

4,5* / 5* (EDP)
3,5* / 5* (EDT)

bottle:

4,5*/5 (EDP)
2*/ 5* (EDT)

kitten_steele

About the sillage of Intrusion. This was several years ago. I had bought the bodylotion to Intrusion, 'cause I had the perfume at home. Then I wore the bodylotion alone, without the perfume, to work. I was afraid it would be too much with the perfume. One day a female workmate commented that she could smell where I had been, by my perfume, she said. Note that I didn't wear the perfume, only the bodylotion. She said it smelled wonderful and that the scent was still there in the dressingroom, even when I wasn't. She came to work an hour after me, so I had already left the dressingroom way before she walked in there. So this perfume doesn't just fill a room. It stays there after you have left! But it's such a fresh scent that it's not offending anyone.

Soie
Soie

I liked this when I tested it in the store. It smelled to me like a delicate & clean floral. Little or no fruit and absolutely no spice notes. It was only after I purchased it that I noticed it has a distinct scent of melon (which is unlisted in the above notes for the fragrance) and spice, which I don't care for in this fragrance.

KSGarner
KSGarner

I don't like this - to me it's primary smell is the chemical smell of cheap perfume.

kitten_steele

Why did they discontinue this wonderful perfume? I always got compliments wearing it and I loved the smell. Thankfully I still have it, so I guess I have to be carefull with the drops now, using it only on very special occasions, so it'll last longer. One of my favorite perfumes. So fresh and seducing in a way. When I smell it, it's like I'm falling in a dream or becoming hypnotized by the smell. It's just wonderful. Many of Oscar de la Renta perfumes aren't sold in Sweden(where I live) anymore, which is a shame, 'cause he's a favorite of mine, along with Chanel, when it comes to perfumes. I love Oscar de la Renta perfumes. I bought almost all of them when they were still sold and most of them smell wonderful and Intrusion was the best one in my opinion!

Chanelette
Chanelette

OK, first of all I have to admit, I just can't be objective in this review. This fragrance contains my three favorite flower notes (jasmine,lily and gardenia), plus it was created by two of my top five noses. And...here comes the surprise.....OK, there's no surprise. I really love the fragrance. Such a gorgeous,luminous silky white scent! It starts with a pretty strong but pleasant citrus note that gets much softer quite quickly but on my skin it's still present. The lily that rules the heart of the composition is lovely and authentic, I get just a touch of sweet jasmine. Gardenia adds a bit of buttery creaminess. I can't detect any star anise or patchuli on my skin. The fragrance settles into a cozy amber-based white floral with a touch of citrus. It's elegant, feminine and lovely.

forc3d
forc3d

Such a refreshing and delightful scent! I love this! Although I've only had one bottle, I can always remember the smell. It does smell like Acqua Di Gio for men to me, which I also love. I thought it was just my nose, but when I visited a friend, his brother came into the bedroom (I was staying in his room during my visit) after I had sprayed some Intrusion. He said, "Ummm. It smells good in here. Smells like someone has been spraying my cologne." I said, "No, it's women's perfume. Let me guess.....You have an Armani cologne that smells like it?" He said, "Your perfume smells just like Acqua Di Gio for men." After that, his brother (my boyfriend at the time) started using my perfume, and people always guessed that he was wearing ADG. I had to hide it from him so that I would have some for myself.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Very fresh! Summer and spring fragrance, still easy to wear any time of the year... kinda everyday sporty perfum. I use to say for this tipe of perfumes ...."scents for everyday pouring""

Intrusion is composition of grapefruit - with a drop of mint - and vanilla-amber... this is what I get when it opens. Later on it sattles to a nice grassy, fresh floral scent.
Proper for anytime when you want to smell very discreet and sporty-like. The scent is very close to skin, however it's long lasting.
Overall is not something special, but I like it! I will repurchase for sure, however I already have two back-ups.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i have the edp intense version, pale greenish blue juice... gourmand? no way, to my nose it's a floral aquatic.
i don t get the staranise, the first blast is fresh begamotte and it turns quickly to a nice white floral perfume with a mossy ambery base and a bit of musk... to me it's not warm in any way. it's niiice to wear in summer, elegant and loglasting, but nothing really outstanding.
it smells quite exactly like My Manifesto by Isabella Rossellini but deeper because of the patchouli in the base, what's a good thing...
i'm a bit disappointed about the lack of the mentioned staranise in the pyramid what would have done probably that special trick to me in this fragrance. i was expecting something else more fruity-gourmand and unusual-intriguing. i think this classification on fragrantica is just wrong.
but well, it was on a cheap sale price, the bottle is really nice - cubic and modern - good to handel in the purse, it's a comfy scent suiting for any occasion, so nothing wrong with it. just did not fullfill my expections.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

This was a blind purchase as my favourite online retailer had it reduced and the notes here looked interesting.

I am totally in love! Firstly, when I opened the box and saw the ultra modernistic bottle I was immediately drawn to it. It it a very beautiful and minimal design and it made me feel sophisticated when spraying it!

Initially for the first minute or so I wasn't sure I would like this fragrance. It smelt savoury spicy and I felt a little disappointed. I was expecting something more floral. However, this literally was the initial stage for a tiny amount of time. Within 5 minutes the fragrance had warmed to my skin, it felt like a beautiful flower opening slowly, unfurling its petals.

I had been expecting more of a citrus opening, but, although the bergamot and grapefruit are clearly discernable, they are gentle and warming rather than "in your face". They seem to caress the floral notes which slowly appear. The florals are understated, not to say that they are indistinct, but rather that they are not harsh, but well rounded and well blended.

This is an extremely well orchestrated fragrance. It is a beautiful and underapreciated gem, in my opinion. I am happy to have made its acquaintance and I am hoping this will develop into a long and happy friendship.

SheShe
SheShe

I don't like it. It's a kind of fragrance that brings Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks to my mind. These white flowers... the scent is so cold... it's not gourmand! No, thank you. The bottle looks like a modern furniture - nice one.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Intrusion EDP has a lovely fresh citrus opening and then becomes a light elegant lily fragrance. I don't get any base notes really and my only complaint is that it doesn't last more than a couple of hours on my skin. I guess I'll just have to keep re-applying! Great for an elegant summer day fragrance.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I have the body creme, its a light feminine great fruity floral blend. It is heaven in a jar! Perfect for daytime. Looking forward to using it again this summer. I like it better than the original on me, it never lasted.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a pleasant, feminine floral with a sweet edge that isn't cloying or fake. The citrusses were pronounced to begin with and then it drifted into soft florals and off my hand within 2 hours...not really full bottle worthy for me but a nice elegant scent.

onimoka
onimoka

Got this one today 30ml EdP. Perfect for spring/summer or for very hot summer. After app 15 min this fragrance transformes into something light, fresh yet flowery & creamy, with a bitty sweetness in it. Its not loud or sharp, or alcohol a like at all. For me, it is also "husband tasted" and approved! LOL

olga1780

I have a little update here. I decided to test Intrusion again today by wearing in public. I thought it's kind of light and fresh, so i wore it to the gym. Now, let me tell you: this stuff is not only long lasting, it's also pretty loud! And I mean loud in a good way, the projection is just incredible. I was worried i was going to get dirty looks from the people at the gym, walking around in a cloud of perfume, but, luckily, I workout mostly with guys in the free weight area, so I'm sure they enjoyed it.
Now the most amazing part is 4 sprays of Intrusion, and it DOES wear as a gourmand! This perfume is unbelievable, it's fresh, and deep at the same time. It's like a dew drop sparkling and changing in the sun.
I also strongly disagree that it is suitable for young girls only. To my nose it is VERY LADY-LIKE fragrance. Very beautiful perfume, such a shame it is discontinued. But i am just grateful I am able to enjoy it while it is still available.
Maybe the not so favourables reviews are due to the weekness of EDT version?

olga1780

Another Oscar de la Renta that didn't let me down! On me it is rather floral aquatic, so fresh and feminine at the same time. Sniffing it reminds me of a beautiful pond with floating water lilies. I have an EDP, and it lasts for hours.
And the fact that it doesn't remind me of anything and I have nothing to compare it with is a good sign for me as well.
People, go with EDP version to really appreciate this beauty!

Soft fruityfloral scent. This scent will be perfect for a younger woman in springtime. On my skin I feel its a little bit to sweet.I love hints of spicy notes in my perfumes and here I cant detect non.

Mjuk fruktblommig doft. En doft som jag uppfattar som kan passa en yngre kvinna på våren/försommaren. Härligt frisk men i mitt tycke lite för söt. Jag gillar parfymer som innehåller en aning kryddighet i sig - och det har inte denna. Inga tunga eller skarpa noter alls.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

There is nothing gourmand about this scent on me. It starts with a sharp citrusy set of top notes, progresses to a light unremarkable floral, with a very short lived slightly musky, slightly sweeter set of base notes. It's almost like the scent fizzled out. From start to finish, it lasted about 30 minutes on me.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

A light, citrusy floral. Grapefruit is dominant in my opinion. Nice but nothing special to my nose.

Sinica
Sinica

A very light, floral, office, cute perfume. So very nice, could be a signature!

Sissi
Sissi

A light feminine scent reminisent of
Estee Lauder's Pleasures without the metalic note; this has an innocence that a lot of perfumes don't; a naive
aura makes you think of Little Girls
first Ballet recidal your daughter's first kiss
from a boy her first love.

it has a three stages of women i will
put it in perfume sense like for example

; The virgin aspect or little girl or young lady unmarried stage; i'll think of catagorized her with Perfumes from
these Oscar de la Renta; Avon Sweet Honesty or Elizabeth Arden's Pretty.

;The Womanly Motherly Aspect at the prime of her life. i'll recomend her
Elizabeth Arden's Red Door Amourage Lyric Woman & Givenchy Amarige.

;The Crone Aspect a Grandmother post menopusal at the end of her life full of wisdom i'll Recomend Molinard Habinita Bvlgari Jasmin Noir and
Gres Cabochard.

this perfume is ideal for little girls
for there first Perfume. not heavy
not trashy not loud just right for little girls

guest_jemma
guest_jemma

Nothing special at all to me. Too subtle, you can hardly notice it after a few minutes. The fist minutes after I sprayed it on my skin, it smells like a classic older- lady- fragrance. Not for me.

mymlan
mymlan

After a citrusy start this fragrance developes into a well balanced light floral. The basenotes contributes in building it's character complex enough to become someones signature scent.

I find it very classy and wearable on a daily basis most or all seasons. I'm actually thinking about buying it for my mom because it's so light and flowery at heart as a young innocent girl, and at the same time wise as a beautiful woman who has lived her life fully.

Different from Oscar, Intrusion doesn't have a lady-like air. It's just a very pleasant, classy and well balanced floral with woody musky undertones that brings depth and character to the fragrance itself. Try it - regardelss your age - and find out how it appeals to you!

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I fell in love with this one as soon as I first smelled it, and have gone thru 2 bottles, which is very unusual for me. I like it because it's different.

guest_Katsaridoula
guest_Katsaridoula

Hi, I'd love to buy this perfume/eau de toilette, but I cannot find it anywhere in the UK. Any ideas where to buy it from? Many thanks.

As Joy
As Joy

The opening of Intrusion is very pretty and light in an elegant way. I even bought the fragrance a few years back, because it seemed so fresh. However, after wearing it for a couple of weeks I could not get pass what had been bothering me from the very beginning: the smell of fungus in the drydown. Somehow I thought it was just in my head and the nasty odour would disappear once I got used to wearing it, but it didn't. The last time I wore it was when someone said to me it smelled funny. They did not use the word fungus, but that's what I thought myself, and therefore never used it again. Shame, a very elegant bottle with its shiny silver cap and tortoise shell.

Debbzz
Debbzz

A Light floral fragrance with slight citrus top notes that soon fade to delicate florals. Nice, light musky dry-down. Definately not a gourmand!

Monet
Monet

i`m agree is not a floral fruity ,i feel it more like a floral scent this is one of my favorite in my collection i like it.

frangipani
frangipani

I wouldn't class this floral fruity gourmand. I have just bought some samples off ebay and all I can smell is alot of flowers. Not my thing. I am gutted and still searching.....

PR
PR

I think I'll be hunting this down, I was searching for a while what was that oscar de la renta perfume, that I tried around 2002 -2003 , and I THINK IT MUST BE IT.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Beautiful, good subtle floral which never really got it's share of fame and glory. I do remember sniffing this one over the years in shops and always liked it, and then it just vanished of the shelves. Luckily there is onlineshops for these's under esteemed gems.

Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta 3.60 out of 5 based on 152 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oscar de la Renta Intrusion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Oscar de la Renta Intrusion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Intrusion by Oscar de la Renta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.