Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

cacao
almond
Oriental Lace Oscar de la Renta for women Videos
Oriental Lace Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures

Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Oriental Lace was launched in 2012. The fragrance features honey, almond, cacao, hoya carnosa, wax plant and patchouli.

Honey Almond Cacao Hoya carnosa, wax plant Patchouli

Nirvana Black

Oriental Lace Fragrance Reviews

Ellamay
Ellamay

Smells just like root beer, or maybe a root beer float!

rasteria
rasteria

Definitely for vanilla lovers, opens with strong vanilla and freesia. on my skin I feel patchouli-vanilla-olibanum on dry down. Reminds my of orthodox church incense and something very sweet and familiar. I think it is mature scent, but I don't find it very oriental.
UPD, after some research found out that the nose behind all the Essential Luxuries line of Oscar de la Renta is Calice Becker, what a surprise! She created most of by Killian fragrances.

shushkin
shushkin

WOW! This fragrance is amazing. All honey, hoya and cacao on me. Very feminine and definitely a gourmand fragrance. I am sure that glancing at the notes in this that you would expect a sickly result. Thank goodness no. It is also neither heavy or cloying which is pretty remarkable. The patchouli is subtle like the almond. I have sniffed hundreds of fragrances over many years and I've never smelt anything quite like this.
There is almost a sweet sandalwood effect. Well, I am sure you realize by now that I love it. The presentation is gorgeous. It looks very designer which it is but I paid peanuts for it. This is definitely going straight up into my top 10.

Not for me. On my skin it turns a bit male'ish. but on a man I think it would be gorgeous.

Inget för mig. På mig blir den manlig. Men på en karl blir den nog gudomligt god.

Oamae
Oamae

When I first sprayed it, I got a faint whiff then.. POOF! .. where did it go?! After about 10 minutes I could smell it again and it started to turn into something nice but pretty boring. I personally think the Hoya mixed with the honey smells like plastic, but the almond makes that smell sweet underneath. It reminds me of sandalwood. I cannot smell very much patchouli. I am a bit disappointed! I wanted to try this very badly but it did not live up to it's name.

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

Yum. Not edible, but still delicious somehow.

I wouldn't guess the cacao or almonds, but the patchouli stands out boldly. There is some animalic here from the honey.

Need to test this again as it is So pleasant. The lasting power is somewhat low with a medium sillage. Moderate weather seems to suit it.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Very strong and Very Pretty!

After the initial POW, the heart and drydown on my skin resemble a less spicy and sweet L de Lolita. Not that they are identical otherwise, but I would call them cousins. It's enough of a resemblance at least to bring L de Loltia to mind. :) That said, my chemistry is likely to alter the fragrance somewhat.

I can happily recommend this to Oriental Lovers, especially those used to powerful and opinionated Orientals, rather than the sweet variety. If you're seeking a honey and cacao fragrance, look elsewhere. The honey and cacao are well blended and not at all prominent.

To me, the drydown is redolent of soft almonds, good powder, and something slightly woody. Although other notes are present, none really jump out and grab me. Good longevity and sillage throughout give me a sense of wearing a fragrance from an earlier era... In a good way!

To sum up - a gorgeous Oriental that seems significantly different than it's few listed notes. While the sum is obviously more than the parts, it may disappoint those simply seeking sweet honey and cacao.

Rating - 4 stars, 5 if the price was lower! :D

kimberly.kelly.750
kimberly.kelly.750

This is my next acquisition. I purchased the miniatures and found four of the six enchanting.Oriental Lace was the naturally pretty sister of the group. Spritely, it fades into a warm hum on the skin.

JaiTee
JaiTee

Starts off as really sweet vanilla, then eventually dries down into a light vanilla sandalwood.
It's almost a lighter version of Nirvana Black, on me.
Unfortunately, not very oriental, nor lacey, for that matter.

Update: i am enamoured with Oriental Lace these days. I tested it again in the winter and it is incredibly cozy and warm. The opening is an addictive mix of sweetish spices. The drydown reminds me of sweetened condensed milk -- the thick stuff you buy in cans. Love all the stages in this perfume. FBW.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Wow! There is a perfume with the Hoya scent in it! I need to try this. I once had a Hoya/wax plant (it's a hanging plant) and when it bloomed, (I timed this and yes, it really did this)at precisely 8:00pm for every night that the blooms lasted, it would release its fragrance and perfume the entire living room. It is one of the most beautiful smelling flowers, in my humble opinion. I remember it smelling like a cross between a gardenia, a lily and an orange blossom, with just a hint of spiciness. It wasn't cloying or heavy, though, but its scent wafted through the room space and soothed my spirits as I relaxed for the evenings. It always released its fragrance at 8:00pm, every night that it had blooms. This is the Hoya with the purple blossoms, just like in the picture. I no longer have the plant, and I need to get another one! I need to find a sample of this, as I have wanted a Hoya perfume for several years. It is a beautiful, unique scent, familiar but yet you can't quite define it. Okay Oscar de la Renta, I'm going to track you down! I just hope the honey in this fragrance doesn't drown out the beautiful Hoya.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Very well done fragrance. Starts out with a blast of sweetness. It's creamy, floral, powdery, and warm to my nose. This is great for the holidays or for night time. Projects well, lasts a good amount of time. Under rated scent in my opinion. Unisex. Try it.

This starts with a punch. A dry typical oriental spritz. I would say it is a nice well made oriental, but not significantly different from others out there, and certainly not worth $150!?
Only if you a looking for a classic oriental scent, with all the right ingredients.

Kchild
Kchild

Such an interesting perfume! And I do mean perfume. It has a vintage edge to me in spite of the truly modern notes. It starts off with an aldehydic sparkle which lasts for about 15 minutes for me.There's no mention of this in the notes~and I most definately could be wrong~but I'm not sure how else you can get this type of fizz to a fragrance. I can also smell a fruity vibe to it as well. Something just on the fringe of juicy right around the very edges playing hide and seek, not letting itself be identified. I have no idea what wax plant smells like but if the notes are complete in Fragrantica's listing on this fragrance~wax plant must be quite influencial in this composition.

All in all I get quite a coa cola vibe in the begining and them BAM! HONEY! It's like it just falls out of the sky and saturates everything in this fragrance with it's presence. It's entrance is quite dramatic and one of my favorite parts of this perfumes development. The cocao arrives a few minutes later and takes this through a luscious shade of dusky warmness.....all the while keeping this vintage~ish feeling to everything.

The almonds are dressed up in fancy perfume attire and while this is appropriate for daily use it can also be perfect for an evening out....anywhere. Quite well done, but I'm not really into the classics. If you are~this one would be something that I would not miss trying:)

Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta 3.81 out of 5 based on 36 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oscar de la Renta Oriental Lace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Oscar de la Renta Oriental Lace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oriental Lace by Oscar de la Renta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Subscription Promo