Designers » N-Q » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Oscar Bamboo Oscar de la Renta for women

Oscar Bamboo Oscar de la Renta for women
dislike

Oscar Bamboo Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures Oscar Bamboo Oscar de la Renta for women Pictures

Bamboo is an exotic, fresh fragrance of pellucid bamboo and aquatic flowers from Oscar’s homeland, Dominican Republic, he never lost contact with while he was living in Europe and in the USA.

Bamboo is a limited edition for 2006. This refreshing summer fragrance opens with a note of lime, the heart carries a scent of mimose and bamboo leaves. The base includes water lily and musk.

Lime Cardamom

Mimosa Bamboo Water Lily Green Tea

Musk Cedar Vetiver

Cascade

Oscar Bamboo Fragrance Reviews

lalondem
lalondem

Yes, agree with Fhaldara. Very ordinary, slightly too sweet scent. I'm using my 50ml bottle as a room/carpet spray....

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I've had this on my try list for awhile, so when I found a bottle at a very good price I purchased. I really liked the opening, got a nice zap of lime with some fresh greenness and a sliver of bamboo, but after that it changed to something very ordinary, a bit of tea note and a faint, too sweet powdery finish. I don't dislike it, but it doesn't interest me either. Will either swap it, or give it away. I do love the bottle it comes in though!

Dort0625
Dort0625

Love this! One of my favs!

Adeleine
Adeleine

my favourite bamboo note in a charming and modern interpretation. a light sparkling green (read: not tropical; neither a galbanum-chypre type). warmed with cardamon and an oakmoss (to me) base, uplifted with licks of lime and lashes of bamboo leaves. not insipid like the kenzoki version, nor too saccharine like JL's deseo and safi. the much touted PG yuzu irato's too citrus (and french in style and sillage) so this reminds me most of shiseido's relaxing fragrance (way long gone; one of my firsts) - only that oscar bamboo opens with a sharp blast that mellows into a lilting calm thereafter. fellow fans of this elusive bamboo note, please do share your picks. i truly love OJ's champaca in spite of the fleeting bamboo as it has a similar earthiness that whispers 'asia' with the basmati rice note. an absolutely good and cheap buy for sultry summers.

anteves
anteves

Ideal para el verano y sólo para el verano, puesto que su fragancia es sumamente tenue, ideal para colocársela temprano por la mañana. El envase es precioso.

Perfect for hot weather! I can smell teanote in this one but its not includeed, maybe its the bamboo who makes me smell tea. Very fresh and clean. Soft, light and airy scent but yet its there all around you. Wonderful!

Perfekt för sommarhetta! Jag kan känna te-not i denna men den finns inte med i listan, kanske är det bambun som får mig att känna te-noten.. Väldigt fräsch och ren. Mjuk, lätt och luftig doft som ändå är där runt dig i många timmar. Suverän!

hunterblu

Ok, ok...warmer weather now, much better. Rocked this at Coachella in Indio/Palm Springs a couple weeks ago (temp was mid 90's) and finally got Oscar Bamboo. The sharpness I smelled last winter became a refreshing and brisk lime and green note, the mimosa showed its powdery, sweet and almost creamy self and the clean, aquatic water lily seemed a perfect companion to the bamboo. Still a bit synthetic but I am much happier now that I have experienced this in warmer weather. Truly a warm spring or summer fragrance!

hunterblu

i want so badly to LOVE this...bamboo, mimosa and water lily? Sounds like heaven. Don't get me wrong, I DO like this juice but love? Not quite. It's a little to sharp and kind of synthetic smelling. It is good but I was expecting something more. I have only worn it a few time. I will update this review when I've lived with it a bit more and I could see this frag needing warm/hot weather for it to truly shine (it is dead of winter here in the Sierra Nevada's of Northern California, not much snow yet here in Tahoe but cold).

Elixa
Elixa

I am walking along a grass path today......
It was raining an hour ago......
Grass is freshly cut......
...And the strong sun lifts all the best scents from the ground......Makes me inhale deep breaths of freshnes...
That is Oscar Bamboo :-)

Convict13
Convict13

I'm just about finished this bottle. When I wear this I feel pretty, it is like a sweet summer breeze.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Received a sample from Scorpiosheep (Thanks!)
This is a refreshing acquatic that would be perfect for hot humid days. Here in Australia, we're coming into autumn, so the timing for testing this is not great.

Bamboo is a simple fragrance to my mind. Perhaps similar to Missoni Acqua as someone else has mentioned, however Missoni Acqua has the pepper accord that gives it a bit more dimension.
Nothing too complex here, just a lovely refreshing scent to add to one's summer wardrobe.

Cereza
Cereza

On me it's a really unique fragrance. I have never smelled anything like this before. On me at the begging I get bitter and sharp lime, even a little bit masculine, but in a good way. Soon it smooths to creamy florals with a lovely dry down. This is a really fresh and sparkling perfume and will be added to my collection for hot summer time.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Very refreshing, to me it is an aquatic - green mixture which is great on a hot summer day. I can detect lime, mimose and water lily.
Even though it is a gentle fragrance, it has a decent staying power and sillage. I would love it even more if it was stronger!
It is a perfect fragrance for everyday wear and surely will appeal to ''Missoni Acqua'' and ''Covet'' lovers :-)

LadyDi
LadyDi

Nice green, light floral. Reminds me of Hong Kong in the spring. Unfortunately, it does not have staying power, at least on me.

Gosha
Gosha

I have had Bamboo for quite a while now, but I have been somehow hesitant to write a review...because...because I am simply not sure how exactly I feel about this fragrance. I do like it a lot - liked it from the very beginning, but there are times that I don't feel like wearing it, because it just doesn't seem to be interesting enough...and because it doesn't seem to be "complete" somehow... And then there are days (like today), that I apply Bamboo and I am thinking again - oh, but it IS BEAUTIFUL!
I agree with the last review, I also get smooth and creamy and refreshing sweetness in the opening and somehow "organic" cleanness, but a moment later I also get a bit of an aromatic greenery (perhaps the bamboo. And it is quite different than any other greenery I have ever smelled. Very pleasant and unique)and some flowers. At the very beginning there is a short and very quiet entry of something citrusy (perhaps that is the lime) and I keep thinking that I would just need a little bit more of this note! In this regard I also agree with the girls who say there is something missing in here and for me this is it - the sharpness or sourness - some kind of a high note and so I also (like one of the girls) keep sniffing it and although somehow I can't get enough, because I really, really enjoy it, I am also hoping for more of the lime...(but sadly that is not coming).
Since I seem to re-write other peoples' thoughts today, here is one more: it indeed creates the impression of being at a pond or lake - definitely fresh, still water.
Later on the musk really is soft, timid and pretty. Today I am in love with Bamboo, that is for sure.

mwater1
mwater1

Oscar de la Renta's Bamboo is fabulous! It starts out bitter and sparkling lime. The fragrance reminds me of a mojito in that way. You will also pick up a very smooth and creamy sweetness on the opening note as well. I find the top notes refreshing and invigorating. I think one of the best things about Bamboo is that it smells very 'organic', as if the raw materials were grown, it doesn't smell synthetic at all--and it is such an original fragrance. You won't find a huge cross section of women with this one on. YAY!!! That's a huge plus.

Additionally, as I'd noted with some of the other limited editions, there is a trace of the original Oscar de la Renta included just under the surface notes. The effect is a green and dewy fragrance that is hard to resist. I was complimented on how wonderful I smell today by my husband, co-workers, and strangers on the street! I also saw this one on sale at TJX for 19.99, but I'd already purchased mine from a great seller on ebay. I think I'll go back and pick another one up, just in case it gets too hard to find. I'll always want this one in my collection!

Bouquet
Bouquet

I found this yesterday at Marshall's for $19.99,sniffed it, and bought it. This is very light and fresh floral -green and would be perfect after a workout, or on a hot summer's day.

Lasting power unfortunately, is not very good, about 2 hours on me.

I agree with Elixa about the "something missing", and I would have liked to have seen some peony in this scent-- and maybe an additional wood, like cedar, in the base.

melissa
melissa

Just ordered this and can't wait til I get it. I remember when it came out, I liked it, but it sold out before I could purchase it. I love the notes and I will like to have something that not everyone else wears.

Aalia
Aalia

The lime starts out bitter and fresh, just like the little limes I buy here at the farmerś market-this is impressive-a perfume representing a fruit so clearly-with no sugar added! The lime fades momentarily and does not stay with the composition. The bamboo is so light, itś only a whisper. The mimose is what really takes charge in this perfume. Itś so genuine, simple, full, and robust, just wonderful; adding strength and vitality to this perfume, also heightening the feeling of nature this perfume purveys. The water lily is a great note; it blends with and accentuates the mimose. The water lily really helps create a thin, colorless, watery, sensation with the bamboo, then combining the mimose- it is as if you have a pond with flowers in bloom all around. The musk is soft and timid; just there to have a nice base for all the notes. I have tested other Acquatics and Floral Acquatics and none could match the sense of water...as this one does!

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

This is my favorite of the limited edition collection so far. This scent transports me to a place far away, somewhere in the south pacific perhaps. Somewhere close to water, a lake or small pond, where the smell of the bamboo leaves is mixed with watery flowers, whose aroma is intensified with the humidity. This is a scent for summer evenings sittting on the patio, watching the sun go down.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Oscar de la Renta Oscar Bamboo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Oscar de la Renta Oscar Bamboo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oscar Bamboo by Oscar de la Renta. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oscar Bamboo by Oscar de la Renta represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.