Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Outremer for women

Vanille Outremer for women
dislike

caramel

Vanille by Outremer is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The fragrance features vanilla, and cotton candy.

Vanilla Cotton Candy

Amour Liquide

Vanille Fragrance Reviews

fundirt
fundirt

I love vanilla and gourmand scents and this is one of my favorite perfumes! I've had people say I smell like hot chocolate, sugar cookies, cotton candy, etc but that's not what it smells like to me. The first time I inhaled this sweet scent, it was on a stranger who I forced to tell me exactly what it was and where to get it, because she smelled exactly like my favorite scratch-n-sniff My Little Pony. It was a scent that had haunted me since the late 80s and I had finally found it! Not really, but it seriously smelled just like that pony's haunches. I think it was supposed to smell like a cupcake? I wore it for years but took a break for a while, not for any particular reason. One day, I decided to break it back out and, not joking, a friend of mine totally freaked out on me because I smelled just like a My Little Pony she used to have. :)

glitterbot
glitterbot

Awful. This perfume smells strongly of bourbon vanilla. It's heavy and musty. I can't even wear it because I get an instant migraine. My boyfriend seems to like wearing it, though.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

This is a sweet gourmand scent. I wish it had a longer life. While it's on me it leaves behind a powdery vanilla that smells like cotton candy, caramel and gingery cookies. It's like having gone into a bakery candy store or ice cream shop and the sweet scent of pastries cookies cupcakes and cotton candy got stuck on you. Really sweet, girly, pretty. A bit similar to Britney Spears Fantasy but much lighter.

umma toga
umma toga

I love vanilla. It is my favorite note. Outremer vanilla is an incredible bakery smelling vanilla for the price. I find it really similar to montale vanilla absolu. It lasts fairly long on me and has soft to moderate projection. It also layers really well with other scents. It is my favorite budget friendly scent.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Swapped this last year..reordered and recieved it today! so glad to have it again. Will use it for layering and whenever I need a sweet linear fix!!!
Just about the best toasted marshmallow/vanilla scent around! LOVE

gtabasso
gtabasso

Boozy vanilla that I liked. Lasts long. Reminds me of Missiones but a little sweeter. I do get the marshmallow vibe here.

milazinha
milazinha

If anyone has an unloved bottle of this, or a decant to swap, please PM me! I haven't smelled it yet, but I am surely curious.

allthelove
allthelove

After giving up on finding a vanilla fragrance I like, I went out to Anthropologie to give this a sniff at the recommendation of a youtube beauty guru.

Bottle: I think this bottle is so cute! I love the nice square shape and the vintage-y design on the label. My only issue is with the cap. The sprayer came off and got stuck inside the cap of my little travel sized one, so I'm careful when removing and replacing the cap on my full size bottle. The sprayer can be finicky sometimes. I might try decanting my broken one into a travel atomizer and using it that way.

Fragrance: Straight up vanilla, without any chemical smell. I do smell a little marshmallow but for the most part I think to smell anything other than vanilla you have to be looking for it. It's a fun little fragrance, if you like gourmand scents. I typically don't wear straight up "food" scents but this is a good one to have on hand, especially to layer with warmer fragrances in cooler weather, or to enhance the vanilla note in another fragrance. If you have any floral scents with a vanilla dry down, try layering it with this one, it can smell really good! It has good longevity for an eau de toilette.

LauraB613
LauraB613

Synthetic smelling and cheap. Yuck! Stays forever on clothes though, which I guess is great if you like it?

hsheep
hsheep

Not bad, but I sort of get that feared 'play-doh' note in this one a little bit. It's not huge though, just sort of sitting there making the fragrance a little heavy. Still - not a bad straight up sweet vanilla, very enjoyable and yummy. I'll enjoy it a lot while my decant lasts.

villey91
villey91

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I luv this!

This is real vanilla bean with nice amount of caramel or cotton candy. Caramelized vanilla anyway. I didn't know what else to expect except that it's sweet but the quality really surprised me! I mean it smells excactly like the vanilla in Comptoir Sud Pacifique's vanilla drydowns. Imagine Vanille Abricot, Vanille Banane or Vanille Extreme from CSP without any of the fruits or extra stuff. Tahitian vanilla with some sugariness. If you look at the price you would expect this to be something like BodyShop's or Yves Rocher's cheap vanillas but no, this is high quality luxurious ultimate vanilla fragrance. Much like old L'occitane's Vanille which I still have (but which is not listed on this website) but this doesn't have the Madagascar vanilla (bourbon) that it has. This is tahitian like CSP's.

This is my go-to-daytime scent! The sillage is soft, but the longevity is great. At night or on an occasion this is perfect for sweetening stronger fragrances.

And the bottle is so cute. Looks like a vintage bottle. It doesn't look cheap even though it's recycled material, which is why this is said to be so cheap in price. And yeah the price is really amazing! Also the sprayer is awesome because the mist is fine. I know a lot more expensive perfumes with much worse sprayers.

This fragrance is hard to find. Especially in Europe (where I live). So consider yourself lucky if you have this :)

10/10 !!!

hannah.reed.9085
hannah.reed.9085

90's vanilla is what comes to mind. Sweet vanilla with spicy freshness. Yummy!

Palfumi
Palfumi

Love this vanilla smell. My own smells like vanilla with a hint of cotton candy which is perfect because I use to mix my cotton candy and vanilla spray together. It is a pleasant die down and gives a sweet hint of vanilla when passing. It isn't strong and the smell seems to fade after a while. It is a scent close to your skin.

girasole638
girasole638

Having not read anything about this fragrance before trying it, I came here to say it smells just like Swiss Miss French Vanilla hot chocolate (and it does!), but now that I see the reference to 'cotton candy', it all makes sense. This definitely isn't a straight vanilla, though to my nose the 'secret' ingredient is a little more marshmallow than cotton candy. It's definitely gourmand and quite a pleasant scent, though not complex in any way. A linear fragrance; what you sniff in the first few minutes is what you get. Swiss Miss lovers (and lovers of those tiny, dehydrated mini marshmallows) will be delighted!

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

I am scared, truly afraid. I just paid a lot of money for one of the much talked about vanilla bombs over at Lucky Scent after paying for multiple samples. We vanilla fiends know it takes time to find just the right one and usually there is only one. I finally bit the bullet and made my choice and even though I had considered it a mid-range at $150/100mls, it's still a pretty penny. And then, I swapped for this!! This $22 bottle of sunshine! This powerhouse vanilla dream! It is wonderful! It is pure vanilla on me, no cotton candy nonsense and very little else to detract from the pure vanilla bomb. It's straight and solid vanilla extract to my nose. It isn't fluffy or wildly exotic, no extra frills. Just pure vanilla loveliness! I don't how long lasting it is yet but honestly, who cares! It's $22 or a swap away!! So, if you can't throw down $150, or more, for the hype of a vanilla, try this. I'm not disappointed by this one at all. My disappointment will only be if I find my Lucky Scent purchase makes a fool of me!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Surprisingly, I'm really enjoying this! The opening is baked sugar cookies. It eventually dries down to freshly spun cotton candy that hasn't been eaten or licked yet, and then it ends by going back to sugar cookies. It's not heavy or sticky or too sweet. I don't get anything artificial at all - to me, even vanilla extract can smell slightly artificial though. For a sweetness comparison (not scent), it's only slightly sweeter than Le Couvent des Minimes, but nowhere near as sweet as Pink Sugar. Projection is moderate-to-soft, and longevity is about 8 hours. This is yummy now, but I know it will be even more delicious in fall/winter!

cloudy
cloudy

Can we not buy this now? It's one of the best perfumes. IT SHOULD BE AVAILABLE

vargas1183
vargas1183

To me, this smells EXACTLY like straight vanilla beans.
This is true vanilla, not overly sweet and artificial. I happened to smell dried vanilla beans earlier in the day. I was surprised by randomply finding this perfume and it smelling the exact same!
I was considering buying the last of discontinued Havana Vanille (Vanille Absolument) from L`Artisan Parfumeur- for $165. Almost Nothing lasts on me. When I smelled this, and could tell in would last reasonably, I was thrilled that I could spend $18 instead of $165. I will certainly continue looking for interesting vanilla scents with depth, but this is an absolutely beautiful, extremely affordable option for everyday use. I love it!

Katherine Elizabeth
Katherine Elizabeth

This one really surprised me; in a good way. It really does smell like a freshly baked sugar cookie. If that's not your thing, you may want to avoid this one. But for myself, I love it. Will this be my signature scent? Probably not, but it is fun and YUMMY. If you enjoy gourmands, for 20 bucks this can't be beat IMO. Aside from the price point, another plus is that it lasts forever on me.

june7rose
june7rose

Not the best vanilla I have, not my favorite, and certainly not the most complex, but definitely the one with the best sillage and longevity. It expands enough that others can smell it without their nose glued to your wrist, and it stays on me for hours, which is miraculous in and of itself. I find myself reaching for it over and over because I know it will actually be detected. It's a good addition to any vanilla lover's repertoire at $18. A little known gem you have to know your fragrances to find out about.

NoireFox
NoireFox

Hands down, the best affordable vanilla gourmand I've ever smelled (and I've smelled a lot of vanillas). It's very linear, and really smells more like a toasted marshmallow in lieu of a "pure vanilla." Every single time I wear this I receive tons of compliments from people, even strangers. I would say in general this wears closely to the skin, but lasts a decent about of time when sprayed liberally (3-4 hours for me). It really is quite magical; adding just a tad more sweetness and warmth to each close encounter.

**Disclaimer: People may find themselves lingering closely to you for extended periods of time. (Ok in my book).

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

Yes indeed- this is a very sweet vanilla. More sugar-cookie than vanilla, really. It's very sweet but isn't unbearably sweet like Montale Vanille Absolu. This smells of sugar cookies dipped in vanilla bean sauce (if there's such a thing).

I find the comparisons to Island Vanilla and VS Vanilla Lace quite strange since I can't smell any extraneous notes at all on me (and those perfumes are definitely musky or fruity vanillas). The lasting power is also great with a whopping 14 hours when sprayed on each wrist and dabbed on to the pulse points.

It's not a linear vanilla, but not quite multi-layered either. It gets quite buttery and caramelly on the drydown. Do NOT wear this when you are hungry, though! I almost ate myself when lunch time approached lol! This is definitely going to be a favourite. It's a good replacement for extinct foody vanilla perfumes like L'Occitane Vanilla and original The Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Sweet, SWEET vanilla, of yummerific proportions. Outremer Vanille is one of those perfumes I've had 3 years, it's never graced my swap list, and my bottle is only a third full. Serious, non-fleeting love.
To me this fragrance captures a buttery sugar cookie with a dusting of even more granulated sugar on top!
The brown sugar and cotton candy notes in here are a little bit unusual and I've thought a lot on the interpretations of them. For me, the brown sugar and cotton candy translates into the fragrance smelling "baked". The cotton candy picture in here is misleading to the eye IMO because I really don't think it's a pink cotton candy that went into outremer, just a plain caramelized spun sugar. White plain cotton candy, with no fruity flavor.
The texture of the perfume is interesting to me, it seems more oily than most perfumes I have. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but occasionally I notice a little bit of crusty film right around the sprayer like there might be something almost solid in the fragrance.
The perfume lasts good n' strong for 6 hours on me. It's the kind of perfume I put on when I want to smell delicious for miles, people notice when I have on vanille. If comments like "Something smells like cookies!" bother you then don't wear this one because you'll be hearing it a lot, lol.
Fantastic foody vanilla perfume well worth the $20.

Eos
Eos

Outremer Vanille is a sweet, almost viscous smelling vanilla scent that you kind of expect to be sticky when applied to the skin. (It isn't, thank goodness!) In the first few minutes I get a slight burnt sugar note which disappears quickly. This is a very linear, very straight forward, highly caloric smelling vanilla. Longevity is a couple hours, but it had pretty big projection. Fun.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

Based on my first impression of it, it immediately smelled like the vanilla extract you get at the grocery store..but sweeter in a way.

I dont get much of the cotton candy, but I do get a hint of the sugar in it and of course the vanilla.

To me, its not too overpowering which is a good thing because I would def not want to blast people with a sugary substance of vanilla..even though this one smells yummy..but perhaps its the subtle smell of it that makes it yummy?

It fades rather quickly however. It lasted about 3 hours on me, but by then you had to really smell yourself to get the smell.

raw umber
raw umber

Smells cheap to me, as in sharp plastic+very sweet vanilla and extra chemicals which were not intended to play a part in the scent profile, and instead register as just "noise".. Anyone considering this one should also try Pacifica's Island Vanilla. Same price but a nicer scent overall, in my opinion.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very sweet, a bit heavy with the sweetness, a syrupy sort. Delicious and gourmand smelling, but could be heavy for summer. Just a hint of cotton candy, it's mostly sugary vanilla.

missakura
missakura

I blindly ordered a bottle online with nothing but reviews to guide me. I'm glad I did because it smells delicious. I've overheard people saying that it smells like chocolate or baked goods. Some say it smells like tobacco. I simply smell sweet vanilla. Little lasting power on this, but you will smell like a delicious treat for a bit (if you're into that).

bcoops
bcoops

ohhhh this beaut is a gourmand as it gets...Im a guy and wouldnt be caught dead outside the house wearing this but its great for a fall/winter night or any night when u just want a comfort scent! you can go wrong for the price...sugar cookie supreme

ebony5
ebony5

I don't get as much sweet cotton candy from this scent as much as others seem to. I was drawn to Vanille because I smelled (as least on me) a slight smokiness. Not like cigarette smoke, but more like a campfire. Or a burnt marshmallow. I suppose this must be the "brown" in "brown sugar" but I thought it came out very distinctly just behind the sweetness, setting this scent apart from other vanilla-heavy perfumes.

Smells of fresh cotton candy. Slightly powdery. Very sweet at first, but mellows a bit. It's a fun fragrance. I also got my 1.6 oz from smallflower.com with purchase and it's a pretty generous gift for having only spent about $45

I'm eager to try other Outremer products. The quality is great, especially at the price and the fragrances are very special and unique. Adorable bottles as well.

Délicieux
Délicieux

I ordered 2 bottles of Outremer (formerly L'Aromarine) fragrance recently from Smallflower.com and I received a free travel size of Vanille. It came today. Oh boy, nothing more fun than a fragrance package in the mail!

It's a lovely vanilla scent, albeit a bit linear...but it smells true and not synthetic, which I like. It would be great for layering. Very, very sweet.

Not sure why they characterize it as an Oriental Vanilla. It is warm, but certainly not exotic at all. As I mentioned, there is really not much going on except vanilla and sugary sweetness. Sounds like I don't like it, but I do. Simple is just fine. I'm going to mix it with a Monoi Tiare Tahiti oil this summer. I think it will be perfect.

The dry down is quite nice. I have it on my one wrist and it's yummy. Decent but not obnoxious silage. It seems to be lasting nicely.

Outremer is a great house from Paris...and these are not expensive, so you don't feel too guilty buying a couple at a time. Happy me.

Turtledove
Turtledove

I really like this! I wanted to think it was too sweet and silly, but somehow I find myself wearing it daily. It actually doesn't smell like vanilla extract or cookies to me, it's not musky, buttery or caramelized at all, but it is VERY sweet. It's a little more like honey-vanilla rather than just vanilla, or maybe plumeria-vanilla, it has that waxy-honey-sweet smell to it. It also has a plasticky/oily/sunscreeny edge to it that should bother me but doesn't, it just keeps reminding me of a plumeria oil my mom likes. It is very easy to wear, and it lasted all day for me with polite sillage (in the L'aromarine extrait version, I haven't tried the EDT). Don't try this one unless you have a sweet tooth, though.

Hayven
Hayven

Outremer perfumes are mostly solinote perfumes; this is no exception. It smells like like sweetened vanilla extract or sugar cookies. It's a simple perfume to wear alone or for layering. The lasting power isn't very good on me; probably 2 hours at the most. But if you're looking for a plain sweet vanilla or a starter perfume for a young lady, this is the one for you (or her)!

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

Soft cotton candy and vanilla sugar cookies, with a touch of woodiness and musty cardboard. Keep in mind that I am a vanilla FIEND and love exorbitantly sweet fragrances that give some people headaches. I don't know what it is, but there is something really sickly and aversive about this fragrance. It is linear, but that's not the issue, as I was looking for a linear vanilla. I have sampled this several times and it always hits my nose the wrong way. I just don't like it. If you are looking for a sweet vanilla, give this a try. It's not my HG, but it may be yours. I'm really disappointed, especially since the longevity and sillage are excellent on me.

The search for the perfect, true vanilla continues...

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

I tested this at my local Anthropologie store today and was underwhelmed. I've been testing a lot of vanillas lately (which, to many, is already boring in and of itself) and this one was by far the most linear and well, dare I say, just plain vanilla? Poor sillage and no lasting power all combined to pull it off my want/blind buy list (even at $18 at smallflower.com). Zzzzzz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Outremer Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Outremer Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille by Outremer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille by Outremer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.