Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanille Outremer for women

Vanille Outremer for women
dislike

caramel

Vanille by Outremer is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The fragrance features vanilla, brown sugar and cotton candy.

Vanilla Brown Sugar Cotton Candy

Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette
Vanilla Lace

Vanille Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

For the price/quantity, you get a pretty decent scent!

As stated below, it isn't the most complex scent, or a masterpiece, or anything in that vein... but it certainly is satisfying, and pretty delicious!

The opening is purely alcohol, as with most inexpensive fragrances, but then it instantly warms up, and you're left with a deep fuzzy, rich vanilla, mixed with a hint of cotton candy!

It is somewhat similar to Pink Sugar without the nauseating burnt smell, and half the price.

Since the formulation is EDT, it's more potent than a body spray, but not quite as long lasting as a perfume - so I get about 5 hours of wear out of it, which is GREAT, considering some of my high end, so-many-hundred dollar fragrances last about that long, as well.

If you need a budget-friendly, cozy, casual fall fragrance- definitely search this on Amazon! Mine came delivered wrapped expertly in bubble wrap, no box for the actual perfume, with several samples, a catalog, etc. Pleasant experience overall :).

june7rose
june7rose

Not the best vanilla I have, not my favorite, and certainly not the most complex, but definitely the one with the best sillage and longevity. It expands enough that others can smell it without their nose glued to your wrist, and it stays on me for hours, which is miraculous in and of itself. I find myself reaching for it over and over because I know it will actually be detected. It's a good addition to any vanilla lover's repertoire at $18. A little known gem you have to know your fragrances to find out about.

NoireFox
NoireFox

Hands down, the best affordable vanilla gourmand I've ever smelled (and I've smelled a lot of vanillas). It's very linear, and really smells more like a toasted marshmallow in lieu of a "pure vanilla." Every single time I wear this I receive tons of compliments from people, even strangers. I would say in general this wears closely to the skin, but lasts a decent about of time when sprayed liberally (3-4 hours for me). It really is quite magical; adding just a tad more sweetness and warmth to each close encounter.

**Disclaimer: People may find themselves lingering closely to you for extended periods of time. (Ok in my book).

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

Yes indeed- this is a very sweet vanilla. More sugar-cookie than vanilla, really. It's very sweet but isn't unbearably sweet like Montale Vanille Absolu. This smells of sugar cookies dipped in vanilla bean sauce (if there's such a thing).

I find the comparisons to Island Vanilla and VS Vanilla Lace quite strange since I can't smell any extraneous notes at all on me (and those perfumes are definitely musky or fruity vanillas). The lasting power is also great with a whopping 14 hours when sprayed on each wrist and dabbed on to the pulse points.

It's not a linear vanilla, but not quite multi-layered either. It gets quite buttery and caramelly on the drydown. Do NOT wear this when you are hungry, though! I almost ate myself when lunch time approached lol! This is definitely going to be a favourite. It's a good replacement for extinct foody vanilla perfumes like L'Occitane Vanilla and original The Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Sweet, SWEET vanilla, of yummerific proportions. Outremer Vanille is one of those perfumes I've had 3 years, it's never graced my swap list, and my bottle is only a third full. Serious, non-fleeting love.
To me this fragrance captures a buttery sugar cookie with a dusting of even more granulated sugar on top!
The brown sugar and cotton candy notes in here are a little bit unusual and I've thought a lot on the interpretations of them. For me, the brown sugar and cotton candy translates into the fragrance smelling "baked". The cotton candy picture in here is misleading to the eye IMO because I really don't think it's a pink cotton candy that went into outremer, just a plain caramelized spun sugar. White plain cotton candy, with no fruity flavor.
The texture of the perfume is interesting to me, it seems more oily than most perfumes I have. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but occasionally I notice a little bit of crusty film right around the sprayer like there might be something almost solid in the fragrance.
The perfume lasts good n' strong for 6 hours on me. It's the kind of perfume I put on when I want to smell delicious for miles, people notice when I have on vanille. If comments like "Something smells like cookies!" bother you then don't wear this one because you'll be hearing it a lot, lol.
Fantastic foody vanilla perfume well wroth the $20.

Eos
Eos

Outremer Vanille is a sweet, almost viscous smelling vanilla scent that you kind of expect to be sticky when applied to the skin. (It isn't, thank goodness!) In the first few minutes I get a slight burnt sugar note which disappears quickly. This is a very linear, very straight forward, highly caloric smelling vanilla. Longevity is a couple hours, but it had pretty big projection. Fun.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

Based on my first impression of it, it immediately smelled like the vanilla extract you get at the grocery store..but sweeter in a way.

I dont get much of the cotton candy, but I do get a hint of the sugar in it and of course the vanilla.

To me, its not too overpowering which is a good thing because I would def not want to blast people with a sugary substance of vanilla..even though this one smells yummy..but perhaps its the subtle smell of it that makes it yummy?

It fades rather quickly however. It lasted about 3 hours on me, but by then you had to really smell yourself to get the smell.

raw umber
raw umber

Smells cheap to me, as in sharp plastic+very sweet vanilla and extra chemicals which were not intended to play a part in the scent profile, and instead register as just "noise".. Anyone considering this one should also try Pacifica's Island Vanilla. Same price but a nicer scent overall, in my opinion.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very sweet, a bit heavy with the sweetness, a syrupy sort. Delicious and gourmand smelling, but could be heavy for summer. Just a hint of cotton candy, it's mostly sugary vanilla.

missakura
missakura

I blindly ordered a bottle online with nothing but reviews to guide me. I'm glad I did because it smells delicious. I've overheard people saying that it smells like chocolate or baked goods. Some say it smells like tobacco. I simply smell sweet vanilla. Little lasting power on this, but you will smell like a delicious treat for a bit (if you're into that).

bcoops
bcoops

ohhhh this beaut is a gourmand as it gets...Im a guy and wouldnt be caught dead outside the house wearing this but its great for a fall/winter night or any night when u just want a comfort scent! you can go wrong for the price...sugar cookie supreme

ebony5
ebony5

I don't get as much sweet cotton candy from this scent as much as others seem to. I was drawn to Vanille because I smelled (as least on me) a slight smokiness. Not like cigarette smoke, but more like a campfire. Or a burnt marshmallow. I suppose this must be the "brown" in "brown sugar" but I thought it came out very distinctly just behind the sweetness, setting this scent apart from other vanilla-heavy perfumes.

Smells of fresh cotton candy. Slightly powdery. Very sweet at first, but mellows a bit. It's a fun fragrance. I also got my 1.6 oz from smallflower.com with purchase and it's a pretty generous gift for having only spent about $45

I'm eager to try other Outremer products. The quality is great, especially at the price and the fragrances are very special and unique. Adorable bottles as well.

Délicieux
Délicieux

I ordered 2 bottles of Outremer (formerly L'Aromarine) fragrance recently from Smallflower.com and I received a free travel size of Vanille. It came today. Oh boy, nothing more fun than a fragrance package in the mail!

It's a lovely vanilla scent, albeit a bit linear...but it smells true and not synthetic, which I like. It would be great for layering. Very, very sweet.

Not sure why they characterize it as an Oriental Vanilla. It is warm, but certainly not exotic at all. As I mentioned, there is really not much going on except vanilla and sugary sweetness. Sounds like I don't like it, but I do. Simple is just fine. I'm going to mix it with a Monoi Tiare Tahiti oil this summer. I think it will be perfect.

The dry down is quite nice. I have it on my one wrist and it's yummy. Decent but not obnoxious silage. It seems to be lasting nicely.

Outremer is a great house from Paris...and these are not expensive, so you don't feel too guilty buying a couple at a time. Happy me.

Turtledove
Turtledove

I really like this! I wanted to think it was too sweet and silly, but somehow I find myself wearing it daily. It actually doesn't smell like vanilla extract or cookies to me, it's not musky, buttery or caramelized at all, but it is VERY sweet. It's a little more like honey-vanilla rather than just vanilla, or maybe plumeria-vanilla, it has that waxy-honey-sweet smell to it. It also has a plasticky/oily/sunscreeny edge to it that should bother me but doesn't, it just keeps reminding me of a plumeria oil my mom likes. It is very easy to wear, and it lasted all day for me with polite sillage (in the L'aromarine extrait version, I haven't tried the EDT). Don't try this one unless you have a sweet tooth, though.

Hayven
Hayven

Outremer perfumes are mostly solinote perfumes; this is no exception. It smells like like sweetened vanilla extract or sugar cookies. It's a simple perfume to wear alone or for layering. The lasting power isn't very good on me; probably 2 hours at the most. But if you're looking for a plain sweet vanilla or a starter perfume for a young lady, this is the one for you (or her)!

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

Soft cotton candy and vanilla sugar cookies, with a touch of woodiness and musty cardboard. Keep in mind that I am a vanilla FIEND and love exorbitantly sweet fragrances that give some people headaches. I don't know what it is, but there is something really sickly and aversive about this fragrance. It is linear, but that's not the issue, as I was looking for a linear vanilla. I have sampled this several times and it always hits my nose the wrong way. I just don't like it. If you are looking for a sweet vanilla, give this a try. It's not my HG, but it may be yours. I'm really disappointed, especially since the longevity and sillage are excellent on me.

The search for the perfect, true vanilla continues...

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

I tested this at my local Anthropologie store today and was underwhelmed. I've been testing a lot of vanillas lately (which, to many, is already boring in and of itself) and this one was by far the most linear and well, dare I say, just plain vanilla? Poor sillage and no lasting power all combined to pull it off my want/blind buy list (even at $18 at smallflower.com). Zzzzzz

Vanille by Outremer 3.90 out of 5 based on 64 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Outremer Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Outremer Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille by Outremer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille by Outremer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.