Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Island Vanilla Pacifica for women

Island Vanilla Pacifica for women
dislike

honey

Island Vanilla by Pacifica is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Island Vanilla was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Brook Harvey-Taylor. The fragrance features jasmine, vanille, tea, white honey and fruity notes.

Jasmine Vanille Tea white honey Fruity Notes

Vanille Bourbon
Midnight Orchid 72

Island Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

Flowercat
Flowercat

The first time I bought this, it seemed too heavy and spicy-vanilla, especially after time went on. Gave it away!
But last week I sniffed it, tried it, smelled it on my skin as I shopped, and couldn't stop sniffing my perfectly-blended sweet/vanilla wrist! After making sure it wasn't from the other Pacificas I'd tried, I bought it yet again--along with the tiny cream perfume canister--and am in love for sure! Maybe because now it's summer? Have they (or I) changed formulas? This courtship is harmonious...the lightness of the vanilla, the tenderness of the added fruitiness and florals...perfect joyful sweetness without going overboard. Glad I gave this one a second chance! Simple, pure beauty.

Cake10
Cake10

I like this perfume, it changes and settles down very quickly on my skin. The first few seconds smell very citrusy, but then that note is completely gone. Next, it turns to a sugared floral, then a warm spun sugar with a hint of vanilla, which is where it stays with a vague hint of white floral in the background.

This isn't a rich vanilla extract scent, not on my skin and especially not in the bottle. When worn, it reminds me of the smell of a summer breeze at a fair when I'm downwind of a cotton candy machine.

It's a light fragrance and is a good choice for someone who likes sugary scents.

If you have a problem with vanilla turning to powder like I do, this is a good one to try. It's not powdery at all on me.

seaside
seaside

I thought I loved the scent of vanilla, but now I'm not too sure. I can appreciate sweet fragrances -- I love Prada Candy -- but this one just never stops. I smell nothing but vanilla -- loud, screaming vanilla.

I think I need to have my vanilla as a component and not as the star in my perfume. And of course, wouldn't you know it that the longevity on me was forever. Seems to be a perverse truth that the more you dislike a fragrance, the longer it hangs around.

I had my husband sniff it a few times, and his opinion never changed -- too sweet, too strong. For reference, he likes Prada Candy. In fact, I had him compare the two on me, and he, a connoisseur in training :-), said that he prefers Candy because he think it's a more complex perfume.

Lana148
Lana148

To me, this is the one of the most delicious vanilla scents I found so far, and I have tried a lot of fragrances including high end. It's a mix of honey, vanilla and just a touch of citrus. The smell stays on my skin for about 4-5 hours and never chances. That is a big plus for me, because most vanilla fragrances turn bad on my skin. The only thing you have to keep in mind, Pacifica is more of a body spray than perfume, but very concentrated, natural, high quality and long lasting.

goofycaramel
goofycaramel

Beautiful warm vanilla, with a little powder. I was hesitant to get this after seeing the "fruit" in the notes since I was concerned this would smell like some fruity concoction instead of pure vanilla, but this turns out to smell close to pure vanilla extract with a touch of honey, which is good in my book.

I like to layer this with Pacifica French Lilac to wind down before bed for a yummy, calming scent.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

On me, I can smell everything except for the honey note. There's only a very slight trace of vanilla that I can detect- mostly, this is all 'island' and not enough vanilla. It's almost citrussy (I'm guessing these are the 'fruit' notes) and even green. Disappointing, because it does smell lovely in the bottle, but turned into something else on my skin. Fortunately, I only got a 5mL decant and not a full bottle.

Tovah
Tovah

This is a dreamy, beautiful vanilla. Very much like Susanne Lang Midnight Orchid 72, but Pacifica has better lasting power, and it's less cloying. Pacifica's quality is excellent, and Island Vanilla is truly enchanting.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

This perfume smells like heaven. I'm a big believer that some perfumes don't have to be complicated in the springtime, and this is one of those. It's a delicious vanilla, honey, and jasmine that isn't cloying or too gourmand/sweet. It smells nothing like Vanilla Bourbon from Yves Rocher, though. I have both and can tell they are like night and day.

Jassar
Jassar

Cheapie but a goodie. My wife wears this occasionally and always gets compliments. She gets good longevity out of it. Not a heavy vanilla at all. Just a nice smelling, clean vanilla.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Nice, very sweet and warm like white chocolate.

mjd83
mjd83

I bought Island Vanilla blind after reading several reviews. I got a great deal on a gift set that included the roller ball perfume, small body butter, and lip color. It was money well spent. I love this scent. It is yummy and indulgent. Definitely plan on order more soon!

smellym
smellym

I just bought this (could not find a tester) online and now it will go right back. The scent disappears immediately on me. I cannot smell it! I tried the cologne based on the more pleasantly smellable body wash I schnagged from a discount store. I can tell it is sweet and a bit juvenile, not that this alone bothers me. I am returning it because I want to be able to smell it! Even with my nose right to my wrist it is gone within minutes. Boo. Disappointed. I have other vanillas I love so I will stick with them.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

Good God, I love this perfume. It's so rich and a strong and REAL vanilla. It's Tahitian Vanilla and smells so good. Everything in this Vanilla line is UNREAL. The silage isn't too strong, but you can smell it on yourself. It's so warm and rich. It has white honey in it as well, jasmine, tea, and fruity notes.

You really do not detect the other notes too much but they're in the background and just make this scent so unique. Such a gorgeous scent.

Scarlett2709
Scarlett2709

A light, simple, cozy, gentle tvanilla scent with hints of honey and white flowers. No screaming sillage, which I normally gravitate towards. This may become my "go to" when I want to do subtle and sexy, like a quiet night in with my man, snuggled up, with lit candles and a fleecy throw. He loves the smell of vanilla but doesn't realise that's what it is. When I wear anything with vanilla, i.e. Hypnotic Poison, JPG Classique EDP, Lush Vanillary, he just wants to nuzzle into me. He prefers this on me when I'm not wearing anything else, if you get my drift. There's very little complexity to this scent, it starts as it means to go on, and surprisingly I love it! Good value for money, pretty roll on bottle, perfect for little touch-ups. Not just a teen girl scent, us 40 somethings can work it on another level.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is a fantastic inexpensive scent. it is pure vanilla in the bakery, food way. Its not tropical at all. I smell only vanilla and no hint of white flower. The body cream smells JUST like beer to me. It smells like heineken to the tee. The fragrance of the fume last a pretty long time. Its a bit childlike but still a great casual scent.

Island Vanilla is more about honey than vanilla on my skin. It smells like sweet tea with lemon. Very fresh and not at all cloying.
I only get the floral notes in cooler weather. Very, very mild white floral with an overall creamy feel. No fruit.

Jenge
Jenge

I have Island Vanilla in the solid perfume and body butter. At first I was very disappointed in this because I wanted a rich, warm vanilla. I find it very light, simple and cool. It brings to mind the ladyfinger cookies used to make tiramisu. The only fruit I sense is a slight lemon, and no jasmine.

I am liking this more now that I've changed my expectations. It has good staying power, but nearly absent sillage. I think it would be a great scent to layer with others.

I have also tried Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom and feel that the two would compliment each other very well.

raw umber
raw umber

Okay I'll admit it. I've been on a crazy vanilla hunt recently. After Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille recharged my hope for the note, I have been looking for an exceptional, affordable vanilla.

Pacifica Island Vanilla is everything I wanted. It has none of the artificial, "this isn't lime and vanilla, it's fruity plastic!" of Burberry Brit, Jessica Simpson Fancy, and even Viva la Juicy (my favorite of the vanillic generic trio.) It does not fly at your throat and sinuses and try to strangle you like Lush's Vanillary or Sud Pacifique's Vanille Extreme . It doesn't have that sugar on steroids quality that Pink Sugar has (fun, but not appropriate in many situations).

You do not have to wait for the dry down to love Island Vanilla. It's great from beginning to end.

Island Vanilla is milkier and more complex than the vanilla essential oils you might have resorted to after a long and dissapointing quest to find the affordable vanilla of your dreams.

This my friends, is honey vanilla paradise.

From the moment I sprayed Island Vanilla on my skin at whole Foods, I knew it was exactly what I wanted in a vanilla for $20/bottle. I normally can't stand Pacifica. Their Mexican Cocoa made me run to the nearest sink, and Wakiki makes me feel physically ill. Wakiki Pikake reminds me of car air freshener. But Island Vanilla is as far as I can tell (and I have smelled most of their fragrances) one of the few exceptions.

From the opening, Island Vanilla smells soft, sweet, milky, fresh, and damp. There is something very natural and intimate about it. The slight traces of fruitiness at the opening, as well as the absence of musk (thank God), and the absence of powder, all make me think of the flavored fruity vanilla milk I used to drink when I was in China nine years ago. The fruits are mere suggestions, the way wine can smell from leather without a belt strap soaking in it. It's not actual fruit smell. It's a fruity quality. Fruity as opposed to smoky, etc. but NOT actual fruits.

I say flavored milk, but this was NOT AT ALL like the super sugary brands of sweetened flavored milk in America. The flavored milk in China was not any one particular "fruit". It was just gently sweetened, with a very mild, ambiguously vanilla/fruity element. When imbibed straight from the refrigerator, it was so incredibly refreshing on a hot summer day. Summer vanilla at its best and most accessible!

Island vanilla is smooth, sweet but not too sweet, vaguely fruity, with a very prominent sweet milk note. The honey listed in the notes is like the vanilla bean ice cream drizzled with honey, that I use to eat as a girl. The ice cream would melt as the honey chilled and became chewy like caramel.

I straight up love Island Vanilla. This may sound corny, but when I first smelled it, I thought, it's a kiss from a beautiful girl who has been drinking vanilla milk!

I can't believe it has received so few reviews on this forum. I strongly encourage anyone that loves vanilla with access to this brand to go out and give it a try. It shocked me into buying it at first sniff, and I still love it just as much after wearing it for a solid week.

This would be amazing for layering, but I prefer it on it's own. While I am saving my money for a niche vanilla, I am thrilled and relieved to have this in my collection.

Sirenn
Sirenn

Wildly disappointed that I don't love this fragrance the way I wanted to. The notes sound so lovely!

Out of the Pacifica body butters in my collection, Island Vanilla does seem to have the best staying power and silage, but sadly this vanilla just isn't for me. There's something too sweet about it, but not in a pure vanilla extract kind of way. I suspect it's the honey note that lends a synthetic, overly sweet aroma. It brings to mind a vanilla-honey version of Aquolina's Pink Sugar (another fragrance far too synthetically sweet for my appreciations).

That said, I'm rarely one to give up on a fragrance entirely, so I'll be happy enough using Island Vanilla body butter to layer with spicier scents (it brings a nice touch of sweetness to Pacifica's Mexican Cocoa, which is otherwise a bit dusty/spicy on its own).

silagelover
silagelover

This is my favorite vanilla scent so far, I love it for layering, it has mild sillage, stays very close to the skin, and moderate lasting power. Island vanilla smells like nearly pure vanilla extract, with some added sweetness that is balanced out be the tea and jasmine notes. It isn't quite a whipped cream & cupcakes type of vanilla but it is still quite delicious. It reminds me this french vanilla caramel infused black tea I got from the farmer's market a few years ago. Yummy. Also like all pacifica scents this offers great value for money.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

THE BEST vanilla scent! I use this a lot and I'm pleased that it is not synthetic and is paraben free.It's a true vanilla,the honey comes through soon after the first spritz and it's soft,alluring and very sweet.Anyone who likes B&B Works warm vanilla sugar and vanilla bean noel will appreciate this masterpiece.

shiverwithantici
shiverwithantici

This opens with a bright, tropical, citrusy pineapple note, and a drizzling of honey and vanilla (almost what I imagine Pineapple Upside Down Cake would smell like). The jasmine is present, but way in the background. This stage dissipates almost upon first experiencing it, and the fragrance morphs into a warmer, beautiful, honey-sweetened vanilla tea. Then, it makes the transition to Angel Food Cake (good call, Nemoturtle!), then leaves its last few traces of foody vanilla before making a discreet exit. This fragrance is very sweet and ever so slightly boozy, but not sickening, and surprisingly wearable for even the warmer months. Much to my delight, I get about 10 hours on my skin, though it only seems to project for the first few. But it passed my "Spray it at night, still smell it the next morning" test, so I'm satisfied :)

Overall, I am pretty impressed. This is so inexpensive, but doesn't smell cheap to me at all. The low price point and high quality are incentives enough to check out this line, but the company's ethos is just unbeatable. A very good blind buy, indeed!

lalaland
lalaland

WARNING: IF YOU DISLIKE SWEET SCENTED PERFUMES, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!

just saying...

Anyways, this perfume is INCREDIBLY sweet and sugary. I love it though! Recommended for young girls to ealy teens.

Harusha12
Harusha12

I have to say, I was very surprised when I smelled Island Vanilla for the first time. According to all of the reviews, I was expecting a slightly floral vanilla, and BAM...all I got was a boat-load of vanilla. No florals at ALL!

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a bit unexpected.

I'm a huge fan of floral perfumes, and so I had to wait a bit to see if I liked this primarily vanilla scent. And after a week of owning it...I can't say for sure whether I love it. I like it, though. It's extremely soft - a few seconds after putting it on, I have to try hard to smell it properly - but it lasts for at least 5 hours on me.

The scent: VANILLA. Like, you know those bottles of pure vanilla extract? Yeah, this perfume smells mostly like that, but obviously not as intense. It's very, VERY sweet, so if you don't like sweet scents this is definitely not for you. Another smell I get from this is was (oddly enough) marshmallows and licorice. It's very very faint, but it's got that...ugh I don't know how to describe the smell of black licorice, but it's THAT smell. It's either marshmallow or licorice...just know it's got a very sweet, almost candy-like feel to it along with the vanilla.

I asked my little bro to smell it, and without hesitation he said "It smells like candy."

So to sum it up: in my opinion, Island Vanilla is a whole lot of awesome smelling vanilla with a hint of something very sweet, almost candy-like (I'm leaning toward marshmallows).

It's a warm, sweet smell...definitely a winter scent for me! Can't imagine wearing this in the summer -- it's WAYYYYY too sugary and soft for that!

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

Just got the roller ball today - & I LOVE it!!!!! Beautiful soft, slightly floral, sweet vanilla. Light enough for the summer (which is just what I wanted) but I can imagine it being a little too light for the winter. It is similar to Yves Rocher Vanille, but it has a fresher feel - I think Yves Rocher has a musky note which sets these two apart. This scent is the closest I have ever come to the wonderful aroma of the `Mock Orange` bush when in flower - gorgeous :) Now I would like the whole range of products in this line!
PS. The packaging is just sooo pretty from this brand & the price so reasonable, any of the products would make the perfect gift.

Update: If you have lots of perfumes & only use the roller balls occasionally, I would recommend getting the spray or solid instead - got mine out today & it has gone a rather funny colour & may be a little 'off', still smells ok on my skin but it doesn't look nice anymore. Whilst I haven't got this particular fragrance in solid I have 2 other Pacifica solids which seem to last & last - the first one may even be 2 yrs old now, just a thought.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

Really BEAUTIFUL vanilla scent. I bought this with a small hand lotion and let me tell you-the lotion of this scent is divine. I love it. This vanilla is very rich and sweet. It's like a dessert. I don't really get too much floral. This is for those days when you know you want vanilla....or if you are like me NEED vanilla.....this is actually a vanilla that you could wear in the summer or winter. I love pacifica because it is more natural and doesn't contain all the chemicals and parabans that have been shown to cause cancers. Parabans have been found in breast cancer tumors when breasts are removed so I retro limit my exposure to them. This scent is really good. I consider it an everyday wearable scent. It's not strong. I don't know if its the best for an evening fragrance. I think I like it better during the day but its not inappropriate at night.this is a great price for this pretty fragrance.

this smells so incredibly good. like a warm dessert made with very good vanilla. i can't believe how long-lasting this is too. great purchase for the price. i would definitely buy this again.

susan1326
susan1326

I have a collection of vanilla scents, from high end to less expensive ones. At the very reasonable price of Pacifica Island Vanilla, I expected to be underwhelmed by the scent itself. I was happily surprised at the depth and richness of it. One of those I-can't-stop-sniffing-my-wrists moments! It has quickly risen to be one of my favorites. I don't find much in the way of floral notes here. Just warm, luscious vanilla. A very pure take on an oriental vanilla scent.
Edit: Even at the end of the day, people ask me what scent I'm wearing. Thoroughly enjoying this fragrance!

Aspendina
Aspendina

Smells so amazing like vanilla ice cream and lasted a long time on my wrist, next time I am covering myself in this.

Nemoturtle
Nemoturtle

On me this smells very, VERY angel food cake. It's a super sweet vanilla & the "fruity" part is just barely present. I wouldn't say there is any tropical smell at all to it on me. I will note that the stuff I'm trying is a sample of the body butter, so it's like the actual perfume would smell slightly different on me. I don't hate this, but I don't particularly love it either. It's a bit sweeter than I normally like vanillas to be.

somnambulista
somnambulista

The "Island" in the title is very appropriate.
This is definitely a bright, fruity/floral vanilla rather than a warm/spicy vanilla. It has decent staying power and is pleasant enough, but isn't the distinctive scent I'm looking for.

This is a very fruity, tropical vanilla. It's sweet without being nauseating or suffocating. The fruit eases up a bit over time and a natural vanilla comes through more. I like to layer Pacifica fragrances, but Island Vanilla is really nice on its own.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I love this one. My favorite of the Pacifica line, it is definitely different from the typical vanilla scent and I love the drydown. I also have LaVanila Pure Vanilla and like to layer them.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is a very sweet vanilla, without being too "foody." Very much on the lighter side, does not have any muskiness or woodiness to weight it down. Waxy from the white flowers, although any florals in this don't stand out on their own. Not much complexity, typical lasting power of the Pacificas (decent.) I don't find this as interesting as some of their others. This frag reminds me a great deal of the Mexican Cocoa without the spices. This is NOT a rich, cuddly, winter-warm oriental vanilla, but a "beachy," fresh summer vanilla, so the name suits. Not unique, but great for folks who are not fans of more commercial frags.

Island Vanilla by Pacifica 4.13 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pacifica Island Vanilla fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Pacifica Island Vanilla, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Island Vanilla by Pacifica. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Island Vanilla by Pacifica represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.