Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women

Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women
dislike

ozonic
Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women Pictures Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women Pictures Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women Pictures Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women Pictures Tahitian Gardenia Pacifica for women Pictures

Tahitian Gardenia by Pacifica is a Floral fragrance for women. The fragrance features gardenia, jasmine, sweet orange and tea leaf.

Gardenia Jasmine Sweet Orange Tea Leaf

Mod Noir
Gardenia Rattan
Fleur de Cristal

Tahitian Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

kbot
kbot

This is my favorite Pacifica at the moment. Very fresh, slightly green but not overwhelmingly so. This is a more youthful, modern gardenia than something like Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia or Jovan's version, and equally affordable, so even if you think you aren't a gardenia person, give this one a go. lovely sillage and goes from day to evening

Readysniffer1
Readysniffer1

I'm a big fan of Pacifica, but this one I should have known better. I love and hate tuberose, and this, to me, is a purely tuberose scent. It's a big, green, strong tuberose, that makes me alternately say, "Mmm, it's good!" and "Argh, get it off me!"

This is just me, and tuberose. I would enjoy smelling this on someone else. I sprayed this today at Whole Foods, and I did get a compliment from a man. Who identified it as gardenia.

Winterwitch
Winterwitch

I really love the way this smells.
To me, this is like gardenia + candy + blood orange, despite candy and blood orange not being in the listed notes. I don't smell sweet orange or jasmine in this.
It also has a distinct juicy/wet aspect which I like a lot.

ladydonttekno
ladydonttekno

I cannot say enough good things about this fragrance! As a certifiable tea slut, I adore the addition of tea leaf here. I think it adds a nice balance to the bomby nature of gardenia. Though it's mentioned as an accord, I don't find it to be terribly ozonic like some tea fragrances (I'm looking at you, Elizabeth Arden!) I wonder a bit about the name of this fragrance, and the lack of tiare in the notes. It has that white floral, heady quality, but not a knock-you-over-the-head type that gardenia sometimes affords. I layered this with the body butter, and that added a few extra hours of life into this scent (Pacificas tend to have a fast fade). Just a solid, summery floral that I think could work day or night. So happy to finally have this in my frag arsenal!

arlufkin
arlufkin

This one was a big "yuck" on me. I ADORE gardenias! I look forward to the end of May and the beginning of June for my Mother's to bloom. I get to have the real thing for about two weeks, each year. Heaven!

I could smell the gardenia, but I also got a ton of tea rose, which I loathe. My understanding is that it's next to impossible to bottle a "good" gardenia scent, but I'm going to keep trying them out.

I found this scent at Whole Foods. Pacifica looks real interesting. The next time I'm in, I'm going to try another fragrance from their line.

Amararata
Amararata

Lovely au naturel version, warm and intoxicating. Absolutely love this scent, as it reminds me of a crisp autumn day. This is so close to Calvin Klein's Escape- without the toxins in commercial perfumes. The opening has a bit more citrus than Escape, whereas Escape sets the scene with sandalwood, but the dry down and sillage of gardenia and jasmine is identical. Although the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, there's a delicious, sensual scent hidden in this bottle.

The roller ball version is perfect to put in your purse for little touchups. The scent is not overpowering at all, and lingers on your skin, and only people 6 inches from you will be able to breathe it in.

VictoriaXO
VictoriaXO

This scent is amazing. I can smell Gardenia and the Tea Leaf when I apply the rollerball to my pulse points. I can't wait to go to Sprouts and purchase the full bottle. I will always have this Pacifica fragrance in my collection. I normally stay away from floral types, but Pacifica has changed my mind about that.. I honestly can't wait to see what else they have to offer. Literally, after work, I am buying some more. AHHH talk about addictive.

Have a wonderful day everybody.
Remember.. you're beautiful.

truffles
truffles

At first a bright round limey citric gardenia, with a creamy underbelly. Very interesting.
The middle comes through very quickly and that's when I'm not so sure about this. 'Aquatic musk' - is that what I'm now smelling?
Will decide yay or nay and add to this after a longer wear.

Konga5000
Konga5000

Q U I c K U p a T E !
---------------
Just bought a back-up bottle because I got that scary "this one has been around for a long time -- I wonder if they will discontinue it?" feeling.

Done. Bought it.

Whew!

This is the longest lasting Pacifica of the entire line. I get whiffs hours later.
This is a happy uplifting frag!
This is NOT a gardenia bomb at all.
This is a very natural smelling candied combination of the listed ingredients that almost smells like PEZ candy (but in a good way! I swear!)
I cannot think of ANYTHING that smells quiet like this in the niche-frag world!
PLEASE try this one - you will love it!

But don't hoard it so there will be some left for me when my back-up bottle is gone!
Thanks

nazza28
nazza28

I agree with the review below me, it IS rather astrigent and almost makes you wash it off after first spray but WAIT because it has the most beautiful dry down. I was so scared this was going to be some kind of "grandma gardenia" (no offense to Grandmas, I love mine!) but this is superb. I am absolutely loving this in the hot weather. Just the right amount of sweetness and tartness, a little bit of jasmine is usually all my skin can take and this perfume does it to perfection. So well priced too, I keep my rollerball in my bag, Ahhh gorgeous!!

SpaceCowgirl
SpaceCowgirl

The gardenia and jasmine are so beautiful in this but there is something astringent that is stinging my nose on first application (can only speak on the rollerball version), however it disappear quickly enough. The sillage is almost too strong and heavy so it is not something I would recommend wearing to work or when eating. Great for a day outdoors.

Ayola83
Ayola83

I have to admit, the gardenia fragrances I've experienced in the past had me running from myself, but this one did not. I could definitely smell the jasmine that is interwoven with the gardenia being the highlight, giving it some dimension. The ylang ylang softens it, along with the tea being in the background, keeping it grounded. I couldn't smell the citrus note in this, but I love how fresh this scent is. It's definitely a keeper for the warmer months.

patxaran
patxaran

Love it... very tropical smelling and, for a Pacifica rollerball, not too shortlived. The opening is very fresh, slightly citrus-y. On the packaging it says notes are Gardenia, Orange Flower, Jasmin, Ylang Ylang, a tea note is not mentioned although I would not disagree that it has a slight resemblance to green or white tea as well. But the Ylang Ylang is definitely there and should be added to the notes above. A tropical fresh gardenia with a sweet and sour twist. I do not find any "waxyness" here that can be offputting with certain gardenia fragrances.

PhillyFoxy
PhillyFoxy

Something must be wrong with my nose. I definitely don't notice citrus in this? It's pretty much just a green white floral to me and that's pretty much all I can smell. VERY spring-like. Most Gardenia perfumes smell a bit old ladyish, but this one is much younger while still being sophisticated and mature, something that a lady in her late 20's would greatly appreciate! It kind of reminds me of a spring tea party!

coffeekittie
coffeekittie

This is a sweet and mild scent on me. The gardenia is quite noticable, but not overpowering. None of the scents from Pacifica seem to last for long, but I like re-applying scents so that doesn't bother me. I tend to change up depending on my mood and activities. I think this is lovely for wearing on a Spring day.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

This is nice, but there is a strident fresh green note in it that ruined for me, and seemed slightly out of place in a sweet floral like this.

evie71
evie71

A nice, simple, soft, tropical white floral but the bottle turned very quickly on me like every Pacifica scent I have owned. No idea why.

juliaten
juliaten

I like this fresh flowery smell, but because Im sensitive to fragrance this perfume causes headache and nausea in me. I decided to try Pacifica brand because it supposed to be natural, but seems the ingredients are not so natural.

cherelune
cherelune

I got a rollerball of this fragrance from an Ipsy Glam Bag, and was initially disappointed that I got this instead of the vanilla that was the alternate scent that month. I am not into white florals, which I usually find too cloying and a little "older lady". However, this one grew on me. The crisp, citrus scent balanced out the sweetness of gardenia, making the fragrance fresher and more modern than other white florals I've sniffed. It has a warm, tropical vibe that's perfect for summer. However, I won't be getting another when I use up the rollerball, since it is generally not my type of fragrance.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Lovely gardenia jasmine scent. Reminiscent of french lime blossom at first, definitely something there.
Soft, pleasant, I want to nuzzle fragrance.
For white floral lovers must try this gem.
I'll be getting this in near future!

deepyb
deepyb

A lovely GARDENIA scent, one of the BEST I've ever tried. I have the solid which has a moderate longevity. Not too bad for a solid! It's light, but it's definitely there. It's a very feminine scent and can be worn by all ages.

Smells like long SUMMER evenings, somewhere TROPICAL. I think it's the best Pacifica fragrance!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Thank you to my wonderful swap partner I received a bottle of this. It is a very safe lovely soft scent. Perfect for summer without suffocating you with heavy florals. I am so pleased with this little gem and I would highly recommend this for summer.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

I've got a bottle if anyone wants to trade.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

A very simple green lady like gardenia, but I like this type scent for spring and summer. It's not heavy and doesn't last all day, but the rollerball is nice for reapplying quickly.

novembertea
novembertea

I have the rollerball (thanks Ipsy!). This fragrance smells very sweet and candy-like on me, which makes the gardenia (which is very noticeable) smell very warm, and vanilla-brown sugary. Not much else to say about this one, except that it does not last more than a couple hours. This is one I'd keep in my purse for a pick me up during warmer months. Not a signature, every-day one for me.

nastyamason
nastyamason

I always enjoyed gardenia scented body products and candles, so I ordered this perfume. I was so surprised that it smells exactly like Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. That perfume made me physically sick and I blamed tuberose component which is a difficult note for me. Well, I am having olfactory déjà vu with Tahitian Gardenia perfume. I will be swapping this, however, for those who enjoyed Tuberose Gardenia this is an affordable alternative. Unfortunately for me, it lasts way too long but for those who love the smell, it will be a plus.

glassjules
glassjules

Really enjoy this one in summer, have it as a solid and it's just something you want to go back and smell again for a pick me up. Lovely!

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I first came to this fragrance after trying the body butter in a small size at Sephora. I really loved that so I splurged for a set with a large size of the body butter, the shower gel, and a rollerball of the fragrance. I didn't know if I would love the fragrance, but it is a very nice gardenia with some complexity as others have stated. The shower gel is beautifully fragranced with some staying power, the body butter is luxuriously moisturizing and smells amazing, and the perfume is nice as well. I decided to compare it to Tocca's Florence today, which I purchased for my best friend and sampled. Florence on me is all gardenia, but when I compare it to the Pacifica, I actually like this better! The Pacifica has much more complexity than the Florence, which really surprised me. The Tocca is creamier, but Pacifica's has the slight sharpness of the tea leaf which makes it more intoxicating and mysterious. Most of my favorite fragrances have orange and jasmine, so it's no surprise that I enjoy this. If you are a gardenia lover, then I think this would be a big hit for you.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I have the solid perfume and prefer it to the spray. It's really handy as well. I think gardenia scents can be love-or-hate. I used to get lots of positive comments from other people when I wore Jo Malone's Vintage Gardenia,sadly now discontinued. Pacifica is doing the job for now. I really like it and it's reasonably priced.

dame piglet
dame piglet

Someone beat me to the adjective that this fragrance calls to mind for me: SPARKLING!
Cstreet nailed the opening as 50/50 floral/ citrus. Very well-balanced.

I like this and I enjoy many of Pacifica's offerings. They're generally unique and wearable and a great bargain, even if some don't have great silliage and/or lasting power (layering helps much)

This is good stuff for any age and a nice multi-purpose frag.

Be well & happy sniffing!!

The opening of this fragrance is 50/50 citrus & gardenia. Once it mellows it's a sweet, creamy gardenia with pleasant green notes and a certain brightness from the citrus.
Although I have as yet to encounter a "light" gardenia fragrance, Tahitian Gardenia is worlds away from such white floral bombs as Amarige & Giorgio.
Sillage is moderate and pleasant. I find I much prefer to catch this scent's projection than sniff it on my skin. Nose to wrist the citrus/tea combo seems quite sharp.

ladyconsistency89
ladyconsistency89

Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia smells Pretty Sensual with loads of mildly heady white Gardenia and Jasmine! Smells identical to Very Hollywood and Paris hilton Tease.I cannot get enough of this scent!

freddinos
freddinos

Quite nice! Sweet and lemony, gently floral, creamy gardenia... An exotic every day scent, not something outstanding but good enough! I so wish this lasted longer on me, my skin drinks it up in under 1-2 hours, no matter how much I spray:(
Thank you littlepepperz for yet another successful swap:)

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

I just got this and I couldn't be happier.
Now, I only bought this because it seems to be similar to my beloved marc jacobs.

It's not that similar, but I still love it. It's a lot sweeter, citrus is very prominent. It doesn't have that cold musky drydown of marc jacobs that I ADORE. It's a sweet, tropical-green, citrus floral.

However it reminds me most of Jennifer Aniston's fragrance, only with much, much better projection and a little more citrus and a lot more warmth. The notes listed on the packaging are different to the ones listed here:
-jasmine
-orange flowers
-tea leaves
-ylang ylang

It's now starting to enter the creamy drydown, my skin smells 'warm' - as if it's been in the sun all day. I can't wait for summer.
For a little, vegan perfume sillage/lasting power are quite impressive! Overall a great buy.
(15)

nimiel22
nimiel22

This is the reason Gardenias are one of my favorite scents. This perfume is sharp, citrusy, sweet, smooth, and creamy, all at once. It has a very tropical feel and definitely puts me in a good mood!

pynkgirl

This is one of my favorites from the line, a nice energized gardenia, not the dated smelling type. I get pina colada !

AryaAradeil
AryaAradeil

On my skin it smells almost floral candy like! Very nice fragrance for teens!

poivrerose
poivrerose

I like how the reviewer below described this as "youthful". As much as a gardenia scent can be - this one is definitely on the fresher more modern side. It still is a rich and lovely realistic gardenia fragrance. The tea and orange perfectly enhance with a dry sweetness, without being too much or too little. It's sweet and pretty but every now and again you get a crisp sharper fresh green floral essence floating about. It is the most pleasant gardenia scent I've come accross - staying pretty throughout the wear. Never becoming stuffy. But it is quite heady and you don't need much. I recommend the body butter! It is extremely fragrant and long lasting. If you're looking to try a gardenia fragrance, but are a bit hesitant - give this one a try. It is both quality and affordable.

pynkgirl

This is definitely one of my favorite gardenias! It's not that granny smell. It's a youthful gardenia.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I love this one, has a bit of crispness to it and is not overwhelmingly "gardenia-ish". I am now a big fan of Pacifica. Blood Orange is very nice too.

dews
dews

Perfume has a sugary sweet smell when I first spray onto my skin, this turns into a creamy and powdery smell later. This smell last the whole day for me, but smell was too strong for my colleague who is sensitive to perfume when I wore it for work one day.

bluestarrdust
bluestarrdust

I have the solid perfume of this and it is just lovely. I usually HATE white floral fragrances but this is so soft and inoffensive that it makes me want to buy the big bottle of it. I would say give it a try even if you don't like white florals, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

awesomebobcat
awesomebobcat

There is definitely more than one note in this fragrance. According to it's box, there are jasmine, orange flowers, tea leaves, and ylang ylang in it. Gardenia flowers are very difficult to make into a fragrance because the extraction of essential oils is impossible, so they usually dry the petals and mix them with other similar smelling essential oils. This would be why it's so difficult to get a truly gardenia scented fragrance. Tahitian gardenias are also called tiare flowers and they have a similar though sweeter fragrance to gardenias.

Tahitian Gardenia smells like a vintage perfume, very feminine, very innocent with a bit of sweetness. Lots of white florals, a bit of tea, lots of green and a sweet drydown. Very long lasting, absolutely amazing fragrance. It's beautiful, intoxicating and mesmerizing the most incredible gardenia fragrance I've ever smelt. And it's all natural and not tested on animals. Very impressed.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

This is the first of the Pacifica perfumes I have tried that doesn't smell citrussy. I get flowers, gardenia and tiare flower (I think) I am not sure what tiare flower actually smells like. But I do like it.

fanciful
fanciful

Unfortunately I don't get creamy gardenias, but I do smell some tiare flower. Mainly I get citruses, maybe lime and grapefruit...? Very sparkly indeed. I like it, but I wish the florals were more prominent.

DocSharlach
DocSharlach

Gardenia is my favorite floral scent. Having a variety of allergies, I'm appreciate of companies that make natural cosmetics. That said, this product was just okay. A light gardenia scent and not too greasy. I got the solid form. My mother thought it was nasty and reminded her of what they spray in public toilets to deodorize them.

Cocacolapeachgirl
Cocacolapeachgirl

I love this scents, sexy, alluring, and feminine. Light, but not overpowering, with a sexy floral scent.

melia
melia

Creamy, hypnotizing, lots of white and a bit green.. I love it very much! For such a low pricetag it smells very intruiging and different. I love to spray this in my hair; since it is made organically from natural oils I know it will not really damage it :) Then I spritz on some coconut fragrance on my skin and voilà, an exotic twist is there! By the way, here it shows gardenia as the note of this perfume, but I'm sure it's tiaré flower, since tahitian gardenia is just another term for tiaré (the bottle and packaging is also with tiaré flowers as you can see).

guest_A.Rose
guest_A.Rose

Creamy, creamy, creamy--vanilla, coconut, tiare---very sweet, almost with a nod of marshmallow, sweet to the point of sweet cream. Very nice if you like big, oily gardenia scents, that feel rich enough to take a bite out of!

joon
joon

green, creamy, and sweet, gets me lots of compliments, one of my favorite inexpensive summer scents.

Cedar, pepper and mothballs backing up a white floral. Not for me.

guest_Oranda
guest_Oranda

I adored the natural smell of the gardenia, it was one of the best natural, green and creamy gardenia's I've smelled. I've tried Annick Goutal's, and Elizabeth Taylor's, bought Nemat's and tried Attar Bazaar's. Unfortunately my dry skin ate it up and I layered the cream with the spray. I would highly recommend this product.

Michele716
Michele716

When I lived near a Whole Foods I sampled this,loved it, bought it and by the time I got home, hated it. It became very cloying and it was so strong I could even smell it after a shower.