Designers » N-Q » Leather « Groups

dislike

leather
cinnamon
honey
Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men by Paco Rabanne is a Leather fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men was launched in 2013. Top notes are saffron and cinnamon; middle notes are honey, orange blossom and cypress; base notes are leather, praline and almond.

Saffron Cinnamon

Honey Orange Blossom Cypress

Leather Praline Almond

Black XS Potion for Him

Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men Fragrance Reviews

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

This one is the best of all the Black XS line for men to me: It sums up the best aspects of each BXS and it has a really unique smell, like that of a sweet pineapple. I don't get chocolate or praliné out of this... I also don't get the similarities with BXS Potion for Men (which I also own and it's more like a very toned down boozy A*Men Pure Malt to my nose).

The longevity is very good, but I haven't made up my mind about sillage... I mean, you can feel it, but I'm not sure the others can.

If you want to buy it, but you think it won't be different from the original Black XS and its flankers, well... Buy it: it's nothing like the others, although you can smell the dna.

Greetings from Chile!

Nonaquatics
Nonaquatics

I was also warned by negative reviews, but mine get here today and let me be simple, if you need something better than one million for clubs or night out with chocolate delicious smell look no further, this is awesome!!! sillageprojection near perfection...

renperd
renperd

Having been warned by negative reviews, I approached L'Aphrodisiaque with circumspection, cautiously sniffing the spray nozzle. It left me impressed. It's quite a bit warmer than the original Black XS and less synthetic although I doubt it contains a single natural molecule. I guess it's one of those modern perfumes that needs to be sprayed with caution. Less is more unless you're a youngster planning to hit the clubs. Great stuff.

ZELJO
ZELJO

as the original XS, smells cheap, smells like the kind of EDT you buy in stores and super markets, that kind of sweet smells are too generic and anonymous,too many similar ones and you can find even better smells in the cheapest ones than this, Rabannes old releases were great but their last years have been terrible,massive releases with lots of promo for cheap and disgusting edt,s

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

Afrodisiac indeed!! It´s sensual, unrespectful and naughty!! Very sweet, if you like sweet fragrances, you´ll love it. It amazes me to see many "dislikes", but who cares, fuck it, I love it!!

markkkkkkkk4444
markkkkkkkk4444

More like original, amazing as usual!

nbhasbal
nbhasbal

Is it more like lexces? or original? because I love the praline smell and I am definitely going to buy it if this one smells like black xs original praline?

Cassiano
Cassiano

This time, the waiting was not so long. A year after the release of the L’Exces version, the Paco Rabanne brand decided to invest in a version they call subversive (revolutionary, destroyer, inflammatory), keeping the same nocturnal and fatal focus, but with an approach more captivating and hides: this time, the rocker from yore opens space and reveals his intimacy, undressing of his clothes and leather boots.

The bottle kept the skull and received spikes, now bathed in a golden hue and even more special. And the version is Eau de Toilette Intense, as well as the previous one. Personally, I think the bottle is more beautiful in hands than in the pictures.

The fragrance is like a mix between the nocturnal side of Black XS and the intense and stripped side from L’Exces version, bringing a little of each and adorning with leather, representing the garments of its wearer.
In the output, notes of lemon, saffron and cinnamon. In the heart, which is much more engaging this time, orange blossom, honey and the same Cypriol (Nagarmotha) from the previous version. Finally, the base is composed by notes of Praline as well as in Black XS version, with its nuances that sail between the chocolate, caramel and/or nuts, beyond the white musk and leather.

The effect of the orange Blossom is devastating and dominant. Stir in the honey and the praline and you have a typically sweet and nighttime scent. This effect is only softened because of the presence of lemon, in the output, and of dry spices (cinnamon and saffron). The musk brings lightness and the leather conveys a rougher sense to the aroma. Amid the exuberance of these notes, the projection and the lasting could not fail to be excellent. It's worth mentioning that, in this version, there's no false sense of having any other note that even was used in the creation process, like strawberries or pineapple.

Finally, I venture to say the following: If you have any of the previous versions (or both), you need to know this too. At least, I would be very curious. And if you don't know any of the previous versions, so you should begin with this, more intense and with a bit of DNA from the others. You will have on hands what has been taken from the best of the previous versions and then, you can choose whether or not to know the roots of this family. And that comes the Black XS Potion!

delynoo
delynoo

i'm very disappointed with paco rabanne...i bought this perfume and i thought that smells stronger like the original black xs but this is very different :( it smells like invictus,like 1 million intense, like ysl l homme intense :( they are very similar :( very very disappointed

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

No... Just no!! that is complete alcoholic scent with just a dash of cinnamon and saffron!! So powerful in a very wrong way. It is not sweet like the original XS but I wish it was. This scent really cannot choose between being spicy or sweet and ends up in a very bad territory between the two. A big fat NO!

Valfar
Valfar

Tested this one today at Sephora. I was very excited when i saw the bottle. Well, this one smells exactly like L'Exces, it's basically the same juice but with a slightly better projection and longevity, but not far. The bottle looks very awesome though. A very nice matte black with golden spikes. Be carreful with those spikes, they are very sharp! I would buy this one just for the bottle.

predrag.aleksic
predrag.aleksic

Phenomenal! I have to buy it! I dropped by yesterday to Sephora in the hope that they get it. My enthusiasm knew no bounds when I saw the bottle, which looks so powerful! :-))) I have the previous two editions, the original Black XS is one of my favorite perfumes in the collection, for which I received the most positive comments from females. From L'exces, which I bought blindly, I expected much more, but we did not find each other, too much screaming for my criteria, I expected a much darker scent. But L'Aphrodisiaque I freaked out in the same second. And the friends with whom I tried out last night perfume. :-) I had to literally grab the hand of them, because all night long, from time to time, those girls sought again to smell it! :-) Persistence and silage destroy everything in sight! In the opening I feel a lot of pineapple, which is much better constructed than in the L'exces, where this note is overstated. I smell honey, cinnamon, and of course the famous pralines. I think that they picked up the best of the two older brothers, and now all the notes in it are set in perfect harmony! 10 +!

Reser
Reser

Today I have tested it, smells like blacksx l'exces but mixed with a leather note.... that's all, not bad if you like the blacksx line, but not an improvement. The leather is there since second one and will not dissapear
The bottle looks cheaper than in the pictures, the gold is not so yellowish.
Longevity and sillage is same as l'excess.

bluecore
bluecore

Just smelled it in Sephora,... *very* similar to Black XS l'Exces for Him. Too sweet, in your face, too juvenile. That said, it doesn't smell bad at all, just not my cup of tea. Bottle is kind of tacky,...

Sweet (in a candy way) and loud. I'd say it's a club scent for 18 - 24 year old guys.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

@Victorialove Based on what, the tacky packaging? Sure, that is a bit 'trashy' in my opinion... But I don't care about packaging.

If the frag was cheap, bombastic, and trashy, it would be fine for you to bash. But to write a negative rant before you got your nose on the juice is a bit crazy....

What if this stuff is fantastic?

I could argue that the Green Irish Tweed bottle is trashy too, does that mean the scent is?

Daddycool1978malcolm
Daddycool1978malcolm

Looking forward to trying this, as a big fan of most PR releases..I love the original black xs so with the leather this should be familiar to fans of Thierry mugler fragrances. Nice looking bottle too. Bought INVICTUS upon its release and not disappointed with that either.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

I think there should be a way for the Mods to see who rates fragrances in longevity and silage before they are even released ... so the Mods can ban those members until they learn to play by the rules!!!! I know some do it, just for spite, knowing it pisses off the rest of us.

Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men by Paco Rabanne 3.20 out of 5 based on 84 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque for Men by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.