Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Black XS L'Exces for Him Paco Rabanne for men

Black XS L'Exces for Him Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

Black XS L'Exces for Him Paco Rabanne for men Videos
Black XS L'Exces for Him Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Black XS L'Exces for Him Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

Black XS L'Exces for Him by Paco Rabanne is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Black XS L'Exces for Him was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Fabrice Pellegrin. Top notes are lavender and amalfi lemon; middle notes are cypriol oil or nagarmotha and sea notes; base notes are patchouli and amber.

Lavender Amalfi Lemon

Silver Sun

Black XS L'Exces for Him Fragrance Reviews

asurafu
asurafu

Lately I love to smell sweety scents...and I decided to buy this one...and suprisingly my fiancee loves this smell on me! :D

Pineapple bomb, amazing!

drakecito
drakecito

This is an interesting smell to me but maybe too femenine...
Gapefruit with strawberry. There is NOTHING of pineapple here, nothing.
I think that this is unisex and more indicated for the youngest guys.

Good longevity and moderate-good sillage.

scent: 6/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 6/10

dadulka82
dadulka82

I bought it for my hubby and he loves it.
It is fruity -hint of pineapple but woody at the same time. I love it too!

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

I have the Black XS and really enjoyed it and everybody knows about the sweet strawberry from it and specially the praline dry down.

So after less than a week I bought L'Excess. I really enjoy the chilled pineapple scent and I use this mostly at daytime, because I live here in Manila a tropical environment and the smell of chilled pineapple is really great on a hot weather. I wear this when I just feel tired of my aquatics. Aquatics really gets boring when you live in a tropical island.
I also use L'Excess at night just like the Black XS and if I feel like tired of each, I used them both at the same time.

If you guys have both, try layering them together for a change and they are like the Super Mario Brothers, Mario and Luigi. Two to Three squirts from each bottle and then bam! Awesome firepower!

Just imagine sweet strawberry, chilled pineapple, creamy pralines, juicy lemons, cinnamon, vanilla and woody scents mixed altogether. Yum! Yum! Yum!
It's like having a 3rd Black XS flanker you made for yourself.
Talking about being unique and having the best of both worlds.
It's just so hard to describe the feeling I get from layering them both.
Don't get me wrong both are great colognes by themselves, I just feel like going crazy in a fun way sometimes.

My overall rating for Black XS 8.5/10
My overall rating for Black XS L'Excess 8/10
My overall rating for layering BXS & BXS LXS 9/10

papito28
papito28

Womans love this juice, get tons of compliments.

burgundyaltima

man this gets me tons of compliments..hugged a lady today and she said I smelled delicious!

JamesVT
JamesVT

Love it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

The success (and the money!) cannot stop. Then, in 2012, 7 years after the release of the first version (Black XS), the Paco Rabanne brand decided to give continuity to the line and launched this version called L’Exces (now mixing French with English, just to make a little bit difficult). In fact, in good Portuguese, would be something like "black excess in excess", LOL...

The focus now is a little more risky: the same tough, good-hearted man, but now with the Rock 'n' roll approach. I think the intention was to break the paradigms that every fan of rock or of motorcycles’ communities, for example, with their tattoos, long hair and bad faces, would be people of questionable or aggressive nature. It's the old story of judging the book by its cover. And, so, the bottle received a special adornment: a skull attached to it, now with a discrete gradient, from top to base.

This time, the composition has undergone a major change, although it is possible, in a way, to identify the DNA of the family. Its output notes are Calabrian lemon and lavender; in the heart we have an ozonic accord and Cypriol (also known as Nagarmotha), which features a sexy and spicy aroma and helps as a fixative agent. Finally, at the base, amber and patchouli.

Before proceeding, I need to make an important observation: it seems that this line contains some kind of spell because, this time, users swear that there are notes of pineapple, as well as in the original version, with the idea of notes of strawberries. And the worst part is that it's true! This pineapple fruity sensation, especially during the initial phase, exists. But it is not there...it's just the perfumer's intelligence in choosing good notes, mix them and achieve a certain result.

In my opinion, this fragrance is much more versatile and can be worn even during the day. I also found the projection is higher than in the traditional version (this one is an Intense EDT), but with the same good lasting.

If you're a fan of Black XS, you should know this version too. But it's wise to find a space on your wardrobe, okay?

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

potente e virile, un imposizione drastica del patchouli, sicuramente una sensazione persistente ,a lungo, di calore. è bellissima, perfetta per la sera/ notte.

bp

This scent is very informal and fun.
Ideal for situations that do not take ourselves too seriously and we feel that this life is only good if you live in a relaxed way.
Actually the smell of pineapple stands, but in a very pleasant way.
Longevity and projection are excellent.
I love this perfume, as well as all perfumes Paco Rabanne.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Sweet, fruity, sexy and playful perfume, the drydown smell likes vanilla ice-cream. I love it.

johannbale
johannbale

One of my collection, strange perfume. It's smells like a pineapple, although it is stated there is no pineapple note. Sweet scents. I just don't know why on earth I didn't smell any citrus(lemon) in it. Anyway, I still like this way better than PR Invictus.

Overall 8/10.

waleed2006
waleed2006

Very good I love it very sweet

dromidreza
dromidreza

درکل بوی بسیار دلپذیر و مدرنی داره.خیلی خوشبو و خاص.

rajeev
rajeev

one spritz n it yelled "PINEAPPLE".
if u dig the idea of smelling of sweet pineapple. go for it.
scrammed outta there.

dda
dda

Male or female, young or old. If you like both the smell and taste of a sweet pineapple, you'll love this fragrance.

KyleN
KyleN

At first i just thought it smelt like a watered down version of the original black xs, after about 30 minutes i noticed it smells like a pineapple alcoholic drink i once had on a night out, That straight away makes me think it would be great on a night out. Although i prefer the original black xs this has much better sillage, just smells abit too much like alcohol for me.

crepedechine
crepedechine

Just bought it today. It really is an amazing fragrance, can be conveniently worn in summer and spring. Sweet enough to wear in autumn too but too fresh for winter, though it's never sharp. It's deliciously smooth! I smell something between lime and pineapple as well as a bit of strawberry with a fresh sea vibe in it. It's chill, young yet sophisticated. It lasts more than 6 hours on my skin and more than 8 hours on my clothes but the sillage is only great for 1 or 2 hours, then it gets weaker- perhaps it's because the scent is a great balance between sweetness and freshness and that's the way it should be.

Sillage: 3/5

-Overall: 4/5!

A 'must have'.

amirabbas
amirabbas

After applying it the first thing that I noticed was pineapple!! there isn't any pineapple in the notes but I think the mixture of lemon with other notes make a scent which is so similar to pineapple.

let me explain it better. go to the shop, buy a pineapple juice bottle, open it and pour it over your chest and wrists :) you will smell like "Black XS L'Exces for Him". On my skin its the only think that I can smell.

I respect all those who love this one but it's inappropriate for me.
by the way it is long lasting. 5 hours after applying it I took a shower but still I can smell it on my hand.

بعد از اینکه روی پوستم تستش کردم اولین چیزی که استشمام شد بوی آناناس بود. جالب اینجاست که توی نت ها اصلا آناناس وجود نداره ولی من فقط بوی آناناس احساس می کنم.

بهتر براتون بگم. برید یه بطری آب آناناس از مغازه بخرید. بازش کنید و بریزید روی سینه و دستهاتون. بویی که میگیرید دقیقا بوی همین عطره. حداقل روی پوست من که اینطوری بود.

با احترام به همه کسانی که این عطر رو دوست دارن من خیلی ازش بدم اومد و برام اصلا مناسب نیست
البته عطر سمجی هم هست. پنج ساعت بعد استفاده از عطر دوش گرفتم ولی بوش هنوز روی پوستم هست

burgundyaltima

pineapple and lavender! This gives me compliments every time!..projects beast mode..please do not over apply... i also own the original Black xs and prefer the smell but black l'exces performance is better

kaysee
kaysee

Ok, been going back and forth with this one.
I've been trying this and black xs for a few days. sometimes I liked black xs more, sometimes I liked this one more.
The thing is, black xs is a bit more sublte while L'exces is a bit more loud.
Wear XS if you wanna make love.
Wear L'Exces if you wanna have wild sex.
Both nice and sexy.

obaida.alobaidy
obaida.alobaidy

I am in love with this fragrance thank you Paco Rabanne for this amazing scent !!
the longevity is great 10 + hours on my skin and if you put it on your clothes it will stay for days
the projection is also great
the scent is just amazing if you love pineapple then this fragrance is for you ^^

Black XS L'Exces I Love U
lol

Gazo30
Gazo30

I just got this today, 1st impressions on my skin are good! its a very individual scent, not for everyone, but I like it!! I don't really get pineapple from it, its more like fresh cut red apple-ish scent before it gets into the deeper fruity woody scent. the original was more strawberry but I prefer this one. also it is a strong scent so don't over use it lol!!

SDavis93
SDavis93

The first spray reminds me of pineapples then it dries to a very subtle fruity skin scent. not long lasting you need to keep applying to keep getting that first fresh almost tropical burst. has a nice subtle fruity sweet smell but not a favourite. 5/10

smell= 10/10
how long it lasts= 2/10

nikolay_marinchev
nikolay_marinchev

It's a little strange aroma with a pineapple notes, although there haven't pineapple in the ingredients. The sillage is moderate. The longevity is not big, unfortunately. It hardly lasts for 1 hour! Disappointed!!! The intensity of the aroma is bad. The classic one is amazing! I'm addicted to the classic BlackXS, but this new one is not so good. Maybe for teens and for a summer saturday.

wirul.juengkajornkiat
wirul.juengkajornkiat

likely sweet pineapple mixed the woody smell.Awesome!!

serch
serch

Decidi comprar a ciegas este perfume por los buenos comentarios, y realmente me encanto ,es dulce pero a la vez fresco, adictivo, pero en mi dos sprays me funciona muy bien,muy recomendable.

Molko
Molko

I feel this wood+pear/pineapple, more fresher and fruity than the original Black XS that smells powder/wood+strawberry, so I think something common in the wood/praline note, I like both of xs, but the original is more unique and suits better for me. The sillage of L'excés is quite good but the longevity is not enough (2-3 hours on my dry skin)

maria_5
maria_5

واقعا خوشبو عطرش!عاشق این بو هستم!

Aegis
Aegis

Definitely has some similarities with aventus top notes, but it is more younger and less complex-

delynoo
delynoo

this is my favourite fragance...a fresh pineapple blast and awesome sweet drydown !!!love love love it

burgundyaltima

many will disagree but the dry down kinda of remind me of the top note to Creed's Aventus X02 pineapple batch..

Khaleal
Khaleal

The scent is unique. But it hardly lasts for 1 hour! Disappointed :(

BlueLuna
BlueLuna

Definitely for summer... Lemon is so sharp, lavender and sea notes are make this fragrance fit for summer too. Not as sweet as Black XS but similar for sure. But that doesn't mean people who like Black XS, will like Black XS L'Exces too... Some of Black XS' notes (praline, rosewood, cinnamon) makes a big difference with this frag. Black XS is one of my signatures but this one is not...

John_John
John_John

This is Black Xs with pineapple magic all over . Perfect for summer. Irrelevant for winter.

burgundyaltima

DELICIOUS!..it smells very similar to the original black xs but this one is MORE masculine.. smells like sparkling pineapple at the top..and syrupy pineapple juice in the dry down!..i like sweet and fruity scents might not be your thing but def try before you buy!

ravfan4vr
ravfan4vr

What a let down this one is. Very linear and syrupy. Open up a can of pineapple, pour the juice in a bottle, add some sugar, and you have a runner up to this fragrance. I find it very unwearable unless of course you want to smell like pineapple juice. Very disappointed.

aliks
aliks

Who can possibly wear this ? The name itelf says it all. It smells like syrup and seems to scream excess of cheap vulgarity, well in line with a new generation of fragrances made for people who seem to make no difference between understatement of quality product and the gilded show off. Sorry if you find my review too radical, but this is a way to put in words what happened in my head in the very second I smelled this excess of excess.

Soldatel
Soldatel

I smelled this for a couple of times, in a store and at the office, it is quite sweet, sweeter than BLACK XS, and it has good projection in the first few hours, a couple of feet. It's worth the money since it lasts quite long, over 8-10 hours as i sniffed. It is not really an ordinary scent, good for winter and nights out, not a casual smell at all, and i don't find the "citrus" note so strong in this scent..

All in all i'd say it's worth buying if you like a bitter-sweet spicy scent, but do not blind buy, it could be an overwhelming scent if you have rather a sniffer dog's nose.

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

To my nose, Black XS L'Exces is defined by a predominant note of pineapple, which is complimented by a rich, slightly sweet, slightly sour lemony undertone, and both of those accentuated by a wonderful salty aquatic note reminiscent of clean salt water drying on the skin in the sun.

It is a very nice blend, very soothing, very fresh, and yet with a richness to it that I don't get from the standard citrus/aquatic summer paradigm fragrance. This fragrance just makes me feel fresh, at ease, and relaxed, and longing a bit for warmer late spring and summer weather. It's something I would wear to anything but the most formal or somber event or occasion, but I think it'd feel most at home for casual evenings out or in.

Projection is excellent, and silage is very good too. This is powerful juice, go lightly on the sprayer. Four spritzes of this stuff can be approaching clubbing level excess, sanity dictates perhaps a little more discretion with the spritzer.

Oh, and one last thing. What on earth do the color black, and a cigarette lighter motif with skulls dangling from metal chains have to do with a fresh, pineapple semi-gourmand sort of scent that smells like it was made for sunset parties on the beach? This has to be one of the weirdest packaging choice I've ever seen for a fragrance, though I'm admittedly still new to this most peculiar and wonderful world of olfactory madness.

cougarR
cougarR

Black XS' deki çilek yerine ananas koyun hemen hemen L'Exces' ı elde edersiniz.. yapaylık evet, düz bir çizgide ilerliyor evet, biraz teenage havalı da olmasına rağmen, benim hoşuma gitti..

One of the best 2012 fragrances, if not the best! Deep and inviting pineapples aroma that brakes through all barriers and grabs the wooow from whomever you came across wearing this perfume.
Outstanding evening fragrance, and worth trying for sure!

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Very fruity. Not bad but smells synthetic and cheap in some way. Reminds me of Axe Hot Fever. Not my type.

aliabooboo
aliabooboo

This is the male equivalent of "Lavanila Laboratories - Vanilla Grapefruit" except it smells more like pineapples

Oh yeah I totally don't see the relationship between the branding and the fragrance itself. The skulls and all that - overkill and couldn't be further from conveying what is inside the bottle!!

I love this perfume.
In my opinion this L'Exces is much better than the Black XS normal.
Despite being a perfume irreverent, conveys an aura of "peace and love".
Again, Paco Rabanne was extremely successful with this creation.
As always in this perfume brand, the longevity and projection are excellent.
I want one.
I recommend.

(After some time on the skin, this scent gives me the same feeling of Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge. But that may just be my impression.)

StuartDoheny
StuartDoheny

I love this one. I have been testing it for over a year from samples from various shops. I splashed out and bought the biggest version. I love it on me, but some feel its too heavy and I've yet to get a compliment about it where as I always do from Instinct David Beckham or Christian Lacroix Nuit.. But still I love it on me and so does my partner- its a winner ;D

BANGOTIGO
BANGOTIGO

intoxicating pineapple smell without the alcohol gentle, subdued by smoky wood without the stink, warm and comforting it last till the next bath and keeps me confident to be near women i like this for summer evenings.

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

Does Iggy Pop smells pineapple freashy? Black XS L'Excès thinks so.

I was really waiting (and even hoping) that my beloved Paco Rabanne Black XS would come even darker and bolder in this new version - I mean, look at all those ads! Iggy Pop! Skulls!

But then... Bang. I was hit with a juicy and summerish version of my favorite fragrance. I was waiting for Iggy Pop and they delivered me One Direction.

Yes, while I expected this fragrance to be Black XS's older and stronger brother, L'Excès is more likely to be the joyful and tropical cousin. Kind of annoying and hawaiian in a weird way.

Even though it doesn't smell bad and maybe it's a good choice for a summer parfum, I'm sticking with it's first version. For sure.

bay224
bay224

For people saying this smells like the original, not to those around you. The difference is that women in my world like the original one, but they don't like this one at all. I was told it stinks. I regret the purchase because i can't return it.

abolfazl10
abolfazl10

من بدون تست کردن گرفتم بو بسیار وحشتناک وشیرین و تهوع اوری داره بسیار ناراضی
ام حتما قبل ازخرید تست کنید

Ooze
Ooze

Love this one. Smells fruity mostly pineapple and then it turns smokey.

gianmarco
gianmarco

I dont understand why they make the xs orginal and this one black, and why they call it black xs.. These scents have nothing to do with darkness, its pure fresh scents, like the strawberry note....

masak389
masak389

Smells like original version with Allyl Amyl Glycolate overdose.

amir88
amir88

عطر خیلی خوبیه واقعا
اولش با بوش خیلی حال کردم بسیار تلخ و آدامسی بود
ولی نت میانیش پدرمو درآورد خیلی تند بود برام
بعد از چند ساعت که گذشت واقعا لذت بخش و آرام بخش بود در حدی که هی دستمو بو میکنم
در کل واقعا ارزش خرید داره
امتیاز من 8/5 از 10

bammo_kun
bammo_kun

cooler than the old version

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

I just finished my 100ml bottle. I honestly don't know what to say.When it came out I was really hoping it smelled like Encre Noir from Lalique,since it had the same woody and earthy notes. But when I realised it smelled like the first one, my doubts about buying this one were over.
It is definetly a fresher version of the normal Black XS, good for Spring and Autumm and perfect for Summer.
Overal 9/10.

juanma
juanma

Opino que esta fragancia o nueva version es mas dulce y frutal en la partida. Efectivamente huele a piña mezclada con limon volviendolo muy dulce pero no en el estilo praline del Black XS original mas bien a fruta algo tropical. Luego las notas de lavanda con limon y un ligero aire fresco tipo menta u ozono hacen que se sienta como una fragancia aromatica y no tan oriental trayendome algun recuerdo al Gucci Guilty que tambien tiene limon y lavanda entre sus notas. Pienso que esto esta orientado a un publico amplio, por un lado las notas de partida pueden gustar mucho a los jovenes y por el otro las notas de lavanda mezcladas con limon, nagarmota, pachuli y maderas pueden gustar a hombres mas adultos. Personalmente prefiero el Black XS original aunque este es muy recomendable tambien.

anup.gtalk
anup.gtalk

...smells like sweet,ripe,juicy jack-fruit...pure gourmand scent(mouth watering)...good projection(fills the room)...very good longevity (min 10hrs )...almost linear fragrance....and I love it...!

periquito89
periquito89

I think it is a bit heavier and sweeter than original Black XS. A "bold sweet" let's say. Became more common to my nose too. I don't have do give any thought on that: I will keep my Black XS, and eventually replace by another one.

I liked the skull on the bottle. But that's pretty much all.

rapphle
rapphle

I prefer much more the original one. This one is good too, but the silage and projection were much less strong in me. It's like a lighter version, very similar (to the original one), but a not in “excess”, like it was named, but a “fraîche” version.

KT78
KT78

super sexy scent. it is much better than the regular black xs. sweet, charming, and super delicious.

M@lek
M@lek

i think that this one is a summer version of the older, they are not the same for sure, but belong to the same father

silentrich
silentrich

Save yourself a ton of money and buy Tous in Heaven for him. It's a cross between Spicebomb and Black XS. Blows away L'Excess.

Oli_Roche
Oli_Roche

This is a really good offering from Paco Rabane. I purchased this after I owned 1 Million. I prefer this to 1 Million for one simple reson... Not every man and his dog has it.

The smell of this is very good, its not as similar to the original as a lot of people have made out. I prefer it, I feel its more masculine and not as sweet.

It does project fairly well and it does last a good 6-7 hours before being very close on the skin.

Results:

Scent- 8.5/10
Projection- 8/10
Longevity- 8/10

happychub
happychub

i actually like the the black xs homme. this black xs l'exces smell more leathery and deep. very masculine very juicy very gorgeous very long lasting very good sillage very a great scent for men! 10/10.

jamesivan
jamesivan

Unlike the older version Black XS which is synthetic, cloying and head ache inducing, Black XS l'exces is a better version of it's predecessor. It is more pleasant and warm. The pineapple note would make your mouth water. Excellent longevity and sillage.

maqamess
maqamess

the best fragrance i smelled it in 2012, better than the old version.

great sweet fresh fragrance for college guy.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I like this so much! Just got a sample today and even though I'm a girl I'm pretty sure women could pull off this fragrance as well as the lads! Smells like pineapples to me but in a very sophisticated way. This is going on my wish list..

josevancouver
josevancouver

I have the original version and this version. I like this one better (and I like the older version too).

Instead of strawberry on the opening, you get a citrusy "pineapple" which is nice. Beautiful woody/amber drydown. This scent isn't as 'over the top' as a fragrance like 'One Million', in fact I don't understand how this scent and the skull/rocker advertising are even connected. I typically wear a suit and tie and sit in boardrooms all day and I'm wearing this stuff!

This is a beautiful, elegant scent. Not as dark as the previous version.

I am wearing this in the daytime and will try it in the summer. I don't know if I could say the same for the original version. Maybe it was the strawberry opening and the somewhat darker vibe I got from it.

dentaxe82
dentaxe82

sorry for my english french people
love this frangrance
like black xs but more strong and very fruity

last forever

will have for all

ah a question please i want to know if you any one know this site salamzone.com ? is it a serious site ? the perfums are original ? thank you

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A clean, strong blackcurrant aroma which dazzles to begin with...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 30 secs- OMG, WOW! Delicious, sexy, extremely well made, blows the female equivalent frag out of the water. One of the best openings I have ever smelt. This is prime blackcurrant with a night time twist, which is so much better than the original Black XS which I find quite bland IMHO.. Now this is how to market a frag!

30 secs - 1 hour - 1 foot projection, but the 30 sec masterpiece smell has gone and now a nice, not night time, decent blackcurrant aroma

1 hour - 2 hours - 6 inch projection, less strong

2 - 4 hours - 3.5 inch projection, same smell since after that 1st 30 secs. Linear frag

4 hours - 7 hours. 1 inch projection tops, close to skin

Amazing opening which is too die for

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I've never had any issues with "Black XS" lasting power so I was quite interested in smelling its "eau de toilette intense" version.

"Black XS L'Excès" is very close to its older brother, with a dominant top note that reminded me of pineapple, as already noted by some. The rest of the composition is a combination of "Black XS" and "212 VIP". Nothing new or groundbreaking. I'll continue with the traditional "Black XS".

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

Got a sample of this and tried it. It's nice, I get this super sweet opening I know it's Amalfi lemon but for some reason I think pineapples when I smell this. Projection is great, this is a good summer scent and definitely has good longevity. At first when I sprayed on my wrist, I didn't like it but then when I tried it on my neck it was pretty nice. Giving this 8/10.

predrag.aleksic
predrag.aleksic

Today my younger brother came back from Paris, and bought me a new edition of Black XS-a of 100 mL. :-) Price, only 50 euros! He says that all other perfumes are as well as in our country, similar price, and this one was on promotion. :-) I'm off the package. The design is similar predecessor, the only innovation is a metal pendant with small skull hanging on the left side of the bottle. Very interesting look :-) Persistence, caused him today around 16h, and still smells nice on my wrist, therefore, the resistance is in the range predecessors, 8 + hours. Aura. The first difference you notice when you apply it is that this is actually a tamer version of its predecessor, though the name should be the other way around! But that's what impressed me was the very first day of wearing! It opens with a beautiful and strong tropical notes of pineapple, which is imbued with a combination of acid, green, and those caramel, praline notes from predecessors. So the opening is completely different, but the theme of the perfume is very similar, and each will recall the good old Black XS, which I normally use for years. Only opening to me indicates that perfume is perfect for warmer days, spring and summer, it is no longer as dark and too blatant as the old Oriental. While BLACK XS was primarily intended for evening, even during the colder times, his successor was very polite, nice and elegant perfume, which I will be happy to wear all year, and at work when I was dressed elegantly, but also in all the casual occasions when I go to town with friends for a cup of coffee. I really like the fragrance after the opening of a beautiful tropical, gradually merging with the earthy, woody notes, is linear throughout its duration, but it really smells wonderful, and I like that is completely incorporated. Only the addition of the name is different from the oils, because as I said at the outset, this seems a lot tamer, so to say and politely from his older brother. One would have thought based on the advertisements that this is a rebellious, attack, sharp scent, but it really is not, it is very elegant and pleasant blend of tropical, earthy and woody notes. I highly recommend it to everyone, because you can wear it always and everywhere! :-)

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I'm not a big fan of Paco Rabanne scents except for Ultraviolet which in my opinion is so different and alien. I tend to find that alot of his fragrances are aimed at teenagers and you can almost expect to smell these at a nightclub etc.

I seen the ad for L'exces and thought why not give it a sniff.

All I can say is this is absolutely beautiful, very aromatic, and yes it is similar to the original Black XS, but this is definately its darker, sexier big brother.

It starts off with a blast of lemon, lavender and what smells to me something almost sexual and animalistic.

It then settles down into this warm (and still incredibly sexy) woody amber-esque aromatic. If you like your guy to smell really good or you just want a fragrance that will get you alot of compliments, then L'exces is the way to go!

Paco you have won me over. :D

micrtin
micrtin

I tried it once today. The initial smell is somewhat similar to the original, but the drydonw.... WTH it smell like Lacoste Essentials.
I don`t understand the image they are trying to convey, this to me is in no way a dark type of fragrance, it is not mysterious in any way. Its light playful, daytime scent to me, somewhat sporty...<
Am I the only one who feels this smells like Essentials??

waine
waine

During a buying crave today, I asked the shop assistant for the previous “Black XS” I am intrigued by the reviews of Black XS so I gave it another chance. However, expecting the immense Strawberry opening that XS delivers, I was greeted with a delightful lemony, flowery, beautiful, warm, powdery-musk, clean, but masculine scent. I thought, “Wow, is this a different bottle.” Looking at the label properly, I read “Black XS L’ EXCESS.” I had it wrong, this was not the XS strawberry bomb! However, I was not disappointed. I felt like buying it right there and then!

While looking at the skull on the black bottle, and the metal promotional skull on the shelf, the lady said, “Yes, it is for young people.” While I (smell) knew what she meant, I was not perturbed by the young take, as I will easily acquire a bottle (50ml perhaps) for myself.

To be perfectly honest, I am unable to describe the notes, except to say there is there is definately lemon, some lavender, and Patchouli. This is delightful, unique, original and highly recommended.

If you want to start a new perfumery era with this 2012 release, this is ideal. I am sure this fragrance will carve memories of partying and good times into the olfactory minds of many a youngster. This I say due to its advertising, its pitch and the dark, exploring, late teenager’s natural curiosity with the dead. However, for me, the marketing pitch is insignificant in cologne.

I will certainly explore this again on my next shopping experience (as I only got most of the the top notes, I am sure) allowing the juices to flow and the later notes to be revealed combined with my chemistry. Who knows, I might just buy a bottle as it is intriguing, surprisingly awesome, and perhaps just for the hell of it?

Update : Gave this another test. The shop assistant placed a seed in my mind "Pineapple". I never smelled it before.

I want to smell the dry down to give this another chance. If this has a pleasant base notes and the excellent longevity I am looking for, I will not hesitate to buy it.

Please let me know as I have my eye on this one.

Gault
Gault

Almost exactly like Black XS, with a very dominant pineapple flavor.

steve.klein
steve.klein

smells like the original but alot sweeter

clairedot
clairedot

black xs is the only scent that suits my boyfriend and it makes him smell so sexy, so when I saw a new one i was quite excited, but it's a let down. without the praline i bet it will smell harsh like every other male scent and I loved Black xs as it was different.
The notes still look interesting but i guess ill have to wait and smell it.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Is this going to smell like every other scent now on "the popular shelfs"?.... But maybe the Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha will give it that edge. I have stopped looking at the recent mainstream fragrances and went back to some unique ingredients like cherry blossom and gardenia. On the other hand a fragrance like Dolce and Gabana pour homme the one and Terre d`Hermes Parfum Hermes is quite unique. But these recent fragrances are just too bublegummy sweety pie for me. But I will go and test Black Xs and update my review later based on an informed `nose`.

bp

I like the image that conveys this perfume.
In terms of personality, I think that this fragrance will have much to do with me.
Advertising is excellent. The great Iggy Pop has a style much in the image of this new XS, though age does not forgive and these Black XS's is intended almost exclusively for young people and teenagers.
Still, for me this should be excellent.

krayonkid
krayonkid

Where is the praline? the one note that made black xs unique, is absent. I'm still excited about this, and I would most likely adore and love the scent, but this is going to smell like every other scent now.

Black XS L'Exces for Him by Paco Rabanne 4.06 out of 5 based on 397 ratings and 85 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Exces for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Black XS L'Exces for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black XS L'Exces for Him by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black XS L'Exces for Him by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.