Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

Black XS Potion for Him Paco Rabanne for men

Black XS Potion for Him Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

rum
Black XS Potion for Him Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Black XS Potion for Him Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

Paco Rabanne launches two new editions of its edgy fragrant collection Black XS. After the original Black XS fragrances from 2005 and 2007, Black XS L'Exces from 2012 and Black XS L'Aphrodisiaque from 2013, new duo called Black XS Potion appears in February 2014. These new fragrances, conceived as true love elixirs, are developed by perfumers Olivier Cresp and Emilie Coppermann.

Black XS Potion for Him starts off with notes of juniper berry, followed by bitter absinth, cashmere wood and labdanum, along with a few drops of rum in the background of the composition.

Available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Black XS Potion for Him was created by Olivier Cresp and Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann.

Juniper

Black XS Be a Legend Iggy Pop

Black XS Potion for Him Fragrance Reviews

obahnas
obahnas

weirdest thing, I got a strong powdery coumarin note, a la 212VIP. Am I the only one here?

Molko
Molko

Smells great, similar to the older brother, but not that raw citrus at the begining, very soft sweet, rum-powdery. It's modern, sexy, stylish and unisex composition. The big problem is the low/soft sillage-projection, mostly doesn't exist, longevity is better about 6 hours. I don't need Paco scents anymore, they are like expensive water with a tiny dose of fragrant juice, sadly, except 1 million which is very heavy in sillage and longevity. I sold all of them even though I love their smell...

sameh

On my skin Black XS Potion for Him by Paco Rabanne is simply a lighter version of the original which I don't like!

Traian
Traian

Smells like chewing gum...

psycobata
psycobata

Got this for father's day. Smells great. Wanted it because i love projection and longevity, But after an hour I get almost nothing.it is june. Maybe it will perform better in fall and winter. I hope so otherwise this is a bust!

qsatgb88
qsatgb88

Smells similar to the original, but this is better. Less sweet and a little more mature. Decent looking bottle.

fergali
fergali

I have been testing this for two days. Starts with sweet rum, woody notes comes out afterwards and lingers there as rum calms down.Its ending is similar to original black xs. As far as the longevity and sillage this Potion is way better of course. I got ten hours of longevity on my skin.

I have both
Not exactly the same but similar

I can feel the difference right at the beginning
Black XS potion Sweet In a different way its feel better With the combination of rum and wood
longevity is better and the smell is softer
If you like the original you have to get Black XS potion
It does not disappoint

I highly recommend
You'll enjoy both of them

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

guys, need your help..
i do want to buy this as i really like the original Black XS..
the issue is that i am wondering if this Black XS potion is really similar with the original XS??.
as i do love the original Black XS, i want to get something different than the original one.

Thanks

Stopher22
Stopher22

Took me a while to get used to the sweetness of this.. Not usually black XS fan at all, but this is a WHOLE lot better.

I sprayed one tiny bit on my arm, just to remind myself of the smell. My other half walked in 5 minutes later and told me how it stunk out the whole room, in a good way.

Getting us both a new bottle each before its too hard to find - why do they keep discontinuing the good ones? I know they were only limited edition but armani had diamonds black carat, paco rabanne has this.. They're both stronger and better than the originals, why make them limited edition?

Excellent Fragrance sweet Strawberries syrup with a twist
Begins as the original after a while it gets the wonderful woody
rum
This combination is amazing
it is becomes something different from the original
This is exactly what was missing in the original

More delicate softer and less synthetic
Even better longevity

The best From the Group
#1-Black XS Potion
#2-Black XS L'Exces
#3-Black XS
#4-Black XS Be a Legend Iggy Pop

theblasphemousboy
theblasphemousboy

I love this fragrance. Sweetly spiced and smells of rum, and not in an alcoholic kind of way! Lasts for ages and doesn't overpower a room. Perfect for late summer through autumn.

athenaSkellington
athenaSkellington

The opening is sweet, almost like the dry down of the for her version but with pleasant rum note.
As it settles on skin, it becomes a lighter, woody scent. Would not be suffocating even if sprayed on nape of neck.
The bottle itself is too bulky thus the fact that it looks like cheap plastic.
Insanely long lasting
Update: dropped the bottle on a wooden table, not even a scratch. Thanks to the bulky bottle.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

On me the first five minutes is like the original Black XS, but after that I get a sweet and woody rum which I really love. It has better longevity and silage than Black XS and Le Excess which I both have too.

lovetribe

dad jax low longevity and sillage?no!!!!!!!!is a powerful winter scent!

Dad jax
Dad jax

Reminds me of the vintage Black XS , its very nice but i am not getting the longevity in winters and sillage is also weak...its good for summer night.

lovetribe

incredible unisex scent!!!!for clubbers!!!!!!!!awesome performance.

fms911
fms911

Oooo the rum it gives the hypnotic vibe

micpower
micpower

This is the best perfume from Paco company. It is a little feminine; but still fantastic . I love it .

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

It is good job for her !

RobertdeNiro
RobertdeNiro

Paco Rabanne at its perfection...............A very very live scent..i love it......perfect for the fall.walking on the dry leaves and wearing this perfume...wow....
10/10......

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

The smell is really good and I am reminded of Pure Malt in a less mature way. The rum note is a "feeling" of rum, not the real smell.

The longevity and projection, at least on my skin, are on the low side of things. Does anyone have the same problem? I think this is meant to be sweat, because I can't smell it after the first 15 minutes of applying unless I reach my nose directly to my skin.

All in all, a nice smell.

Adamizer702
Adamizer702

The berries of Pure Malt mixed with peaches and strawberries with a heavy waxy cream that sits upon a very light version of Tobacco Vanille. It has a warming comforting feel to it, I'm floored, it's so awesome!!! A soon to be rockstar and darling, I know it.

darknessdescends
darknessdescends

It smells awesome.........to bad it doesn't last at all on my skin. Shame because I really do enjoy this one.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Just got a 100ml bottle for £32 in Debhenams in the UK. The lady said it was a "hot deal". I took it. Due to my love of the original Black XS which is now reformulated and weak.

I also own L'excess - however I prefer this quite a bit. This is close to the original Black XS, in spirit anyway. It's like a mix between Black XS and CH VIP MEN. Much sexier than the original.

Great projection and longevity. Not received any compliments on this so far but it's only new. Saying that, I was never complimented on the original formulation of Black XS, I just wore it because I liked the scent.

Great summer night scent. Could be worn during the day too, though it is very sweet so not in high temperatures. Can't see this being a work scent.

Perfect date/summer night scent. Sits beautifully in the warm air.

Who should buy this? People that loved the original formulation of Black XS that lasted and projected like a beast. This is along those veins. Not as loud, I don't think. But darker and sexier. The name is suiting.

Check it out.
7.5/10

Damingo
Damingo

This limited edition caught my attention when i sampled it on the back of my hand.
This frag projects, lasted a long time eventhough after rinsing my hand with water & after taken a bath.
I'm very glad that i tried it and eventually added to my collection.
Hope you guys will give it a try as well.
Cheers.

ryzrien
ryzrien

Masterpiece....

I don't usually talk about Longevity as a way to kick off my review but this stuff is VERY long lived on my skin and I'm notoriously unforgiving, so trust me folks... this one lasts. I tried Black XS Potion on the back of my hand yesterday afternoon and despite washing my hands several times since then & showering this morning I can still very faintly smell it on my skin.
As for the fragrance itself, I thought despite the glaring similarities to the original that the opening was a little deeper. Similar to the way that A*Men flankers are different but still in essence the same thing, just with more emphasis on certain aspects. These aspects in this case are a intensity of labdanum and booze which give a slightly sharper and more high end feel to what is essentially the same very sweet, fruity, wood fragrance as the original. As it dries down it's harder to identify the difference it's still a bit chocolatey like the original and still has that dense wood, tulu balsam and berry notes.
So if you're expecting a vast difference be prepared for disappointment, however if you like the original you might even like this better. The projection and longevity are huge as I mentioned and I much prefer the bottle for this one due to that cool wax seal thing.

The same can be said of this as the original, something inside me loves the initial smell of Black XS and it's sweet unique nature. In perspective though I can't help but find it cloying and unpleasant after a while and not something I'd be happy to wear, especially with it's strength and persistence.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

this smell is on really high level for my nose...better,stronger and mooore longlasting BIG BROTHER of BLACK XS.i'm woman but i like to wear and buy fragrances for men.and i'm sure that this will be next!!!

gaz525
gaz525

Smelt this today and i feel this is like a summer version of the original black XS for men. It got a sweetness in the dry down but on first sniff is very fruity and woody

ydca
ydca

This is definitely the best from the entire series of blax Xs.
i also thing that the scent is way nicer than 1 million.

Smell: 8/10
Lasting: 9/10

MrLuke
MrLuke

Black XS Potion has just been released so a lot of these rating are false . I went to a store to try out many new scents and test this one . It is by far of the best and beat the others by miles. Its different to the other paco ones. Its strong and first impression was a warm alluring floral scent. Almost like roses but better :) I actually think the scent is way nicer than 1 million also . Its nothing like the black xs or smells pineapple either. However my sample was from a official supplier . A Great new fragrance for 2014.

kaysee
kaysee

It's quite good, but not something different.
I suppose it starts off like black xs or l'exces, but during the dry down it becomes 1 million.

I already have l'exces,so won't be bothered with that one.

Longevity and sillage are good.

Gazo30
Gazo30

Tried this today, its certainly a good addition to the Black XS line, 1st impressions for me are similar to L'exces but more woody than sweet. certainly not as loud either!

overall id say 7.5/10

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Unfortunetly this perfume won't be available in Portugal and that made me pissed off. My parents went to Vigo, Spain today and they surprised with this one as a gift for me and the female version for my mother as a gift to her self. Happy days :)

Well this one is a awesome fragrance. My parents loved it, that is because why they bought it for me. I obviously openned right away and tried it right away.

The opening notes are brutal, I loved them every minute. It has a little bit of the original Black XS for him in it with a scent of absinth in it. The heart notes are very pleasant with the fruity note become more of a woody scent. The base notes of Rum is present, I was expecting a scent similar to JOOP! Homme Wild but it is not. I can smell the Rum but this one reminds me a little bit of the base notes of Fan di Fendi for men or 212 VIP for men.

Overall, this is really a scent from the Rabanne House. It is really caracteristic of him to have scents like this one. I will only use this one when I go to dinner parties or to a nightclub or even a romantic date/dinner. This is a Fall/Winter fragrance in my point of view and the longevity is great.

The bottle is really great, I loved the stamp detail great creation.

Contragulations Mr Paco Rabanne on another great scent for men (9/10).

Gault
Gault

First impressions:
The opening is like Black XS with pineapple, but not as strong as in L'Exces and later that pineapple falls back. The base is a little bit bitter, the rum isnt that pronounced, it just stays in the background. I havent seen L'Aphrodisiaque yet, but this is the closest flanker to Black XS, also probably the most feminine among them, with more praline, nougat and rose, peachy rose (similar like in Estée Lauders Pleasures for Men). I did get peach in the original too, but in this that is more obiviously present.
Not much difference though.

warlockss
warlockss

how can there be votes on it when its not even out yet

pauluch3
pauluch3

Actually, the notes seem perfect for a wintery fragrance. It would be a nice Christmas gift for my husband. What a shame that the release is scheduled for 2014.

sameh

Defiantly I wanna try it as I have both Black XS & Black XS L'Exces ( I love them ) !!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Black XS Potion for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Black XS Potion for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black XS Potion for Him by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black XS Potion for Him by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.