Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Eau Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne for men

Eau Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

Eau Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Eau Paco Rabanne was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp. Top notes are orange blossom, lavender, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are pepper, basil, precious woods and vetiver; base notes are leather, oakmoss, sandalwood, amber, musk and incense.

Orange Blossom Lavender Bergamot Lemon

Pepper Basil Precious Woods Vetiver

Leather Oakmoss Sandalwood Amber Musk Incense

L'eau d'Issey

Eau Paco Rabanne Fragrance Reviews

bcoops
bcoops

cant go wrong for the price...very fresh and clean.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Herbaceous, vegetal, grassy, arid, airy, crisp, sharp, metallic. These adjectives go some of the way to describing this unique creation, but fail to convey how truly original Eau by Paco Rabanne really is.

It took me by surprise the first time I smelled it and I haven't encountered anything else quite like it since. I've grown to greatly admire Eau's idiosyncratic distinctiveness.

It's staying power is phenomenal, easily lasting a full 8 hours on my skin. Projection is also excellent.

Eau is the perfect companion for resting in the shade, lying on the cool grass under a leafy green tree on a hot summer's day.

RobbieX

A unique, lovely, fresh, crisp, clean, spicy, woody, peppery and long lasting fragrance. It's a goodie!

ken.z008
ken.z008

I smell a cold rose water with leaves. It has an aquatic and airy feel to it. Its fresh, metallic, and herbal, but not overbearing. I agree to the comment about spring onion in the initial spray but as soon as it settles down, I smell cold herbal rose(maybe lavender.) I use it daily and it has a relaxing effect. Many complements esp from the ladies. It lasts long enough, throughout the day. This is definitely not a bad choice!

Redbeard
Redbeard

I've been going back and forth on this one a lot lately. It opens sharp and green, with a very cool, steely ivy note and a trace of sweetness that reminds me of the secretive florals in Acqua di Gio. Like Bowling Green, the greenery is moderately sweet and almost waxy or plasticky, but not in a bad way, and still much less sweet than most of the competition. Previously I remember this seeming too sharp and medicinal, but now that I've sprayed differently (on my arm, over a large area) I'm not getting that as much, or maybe just in a different way. Like the original, it has enough of a soapy vibe to come across as clean, even though the underlying soil-and-ground-cover notes have a dirty edge. My main misgiving is that the base of this reminds me of the very top notes of Caswell-Massey #6 or Murray and Lanman Florida Water, with their fizzy, metallic, 7-Up sharpness that won't shut up. I don't think it would be enough to bother most people, though. I don't know of anything else quite like it.

instantjim
instantjim

I had the aftershave of this for quite some time and wanted the EDT. I eventually got it and was very pleased to have it in this concentration. It is very hard for me to describe the notes in this other than to say it has a metallic, fresh lavender aspect to it. The bottle I have, which is a tester, says that it is an Eau de fougere, which I think is a pretty good description of this fragrance. It is very cooling and airy and as such it is an awesome summer fragrance. I really do not detect too much in the way of lemon, basil nor very many other notes as other reviewers have. I think this is one example of a cologne which doesn't rely on trying to imitate nature, rather it presents something which is at once recognisable and at the same time abstract.

Endymion
Endymion

This is:
- clean
- crisp
- fresh
- elegant

Such an amazing fragrance with so bad marketing! It should have had another name, a different bottle and better consumer targeting and it would be a modern classic!

Whenever I use it smells like spring water, so fresh and invigorating yet not citrusy. I associate with green forest, ice old spring on the ground among the trees and moss.

Wear it with white shirt in the summer :) This is a safe choice for warmer seasons or for the office as well if you want to feel well-groomed.

Buy it while you can, unfortunately it's out of production which is such a blame!!!

Evolet22
Evolet22

This is the best perfume for a guy. It is fresh, sexy... fanstastic! Besides, it's so special for my because my boyfriend wore it when we met the first time (and some years after that). I almost get depressed when I found out it was discontinued :((

nishantvpatel
nishantvpatel

a bit too sophisticated for a novice like me

RobbieX

This is gorgeous! Light, woody, fresh, sweet, crisp, peppery, sharp and long lasting - smells nothing at all like Paco original - I believe there is Copahiu wood in this - pretty rare for a fragrance. I have never smelled anything like this. Look at these reviews - all deserved by Eau Paco. Really clean lovely smell and one of Paco Rabanne's best!

fergali
fergali

A high quality flanker from Paco. I would never expect this perfume to be that good.Now it is my favorite summer scent. It is cooling and refreshing. It is quite long lasting on my skin up to 12 to 16 hours.If you want a comparison it has similarities with Issey Miyake Pour Homme at the middle and dry down.It is like issey miyake without being sweet and powdery.

ericrico
ericrico

A very nice, well-thought out composition by Olivier Cresp. Paco Rabanne Pour Homme is my favorite masculine scent of all-time, in Vintage formulation, and I don't typically buy flankers. I bought this based upon the note pyramid, the nose behind it and the reviews.

The natural feeling of this composition is exceptional. Definitely a nice, airy, invigorating and very fresh composition. This bottle has nothing at all to do with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (1973)! It is not a lighter version or anything of the like - totally different. But, very good!

The opening is a blast of bergamot and lemon rind with fresh-cut basil! A nice orange blossom shows up with a very soft and light lavender (deftly used - wisely). The pepper note kicks in nicely soon thereafter. While a bit watery in the opening (as notes seem to be light and intentionally "breezy"), the pepper accord blends with the basil and things get more intense. Not heavy, but the citrus fades and you now transition to a nice garden aroma that others get - to me, this could be any outdoor setting with a nice canopy of shade, not vegetal to my nose. The fragrance deepens from here and brings in the key note of vetiver (a clean, shimmering, but warm vetiver note that is fragrant and vibrant - not dirty at all...similar to Issey Miyake's L'eau D'issey for Men). Amazing how vetiver can reveal itself in so many facets. Here, the green notes of the scent create a very nice, slightly sharp woody accord.

The wood used, as alluded to by RobbieX (great, to-the-point review, by the way!) is not easy to nail down. My tester bottle lists Copaihu (so, I did want to correct the spelling). Most noses will find a cedar quality to it and there is also sandalwood in the base to make things more complex. This is where the fragrance really comes together (late heart into the dry down). Also listed is Palmarosa - a plant from India "that has a sweet, floral, slightly dry fragrance with an herbaceous undertone and a hint of rose." This is a key ingredient not listed above. Palmarosa is in the family of lemongrass. Fantastic note and one to look for!

I get a nice moss note, but not heavy - really bringing the vetiver and wood together nicely. Post-IFRA ban in 2002, so we know it is not Oakmoss anyway (in any perceivable quantity). The tester bottle lists "Cedarmoss" - brilliant! Musk is also listed. I get a clean, white musk with no strong, animalic qualities - just a fresh touch to clean up the entire composition and increase the longevity. Perfectly used here. I do not get leather nor incense. The slightly "smoky" accord that some people get may be the vetiver and wood notes coming together with the pepper from the heart.

So, the bottle says "A fresh, masculine and authentic accord." I couldn't agree more. I find this to be wonderful, non-synthetic and a creative use of notes by a great perfumier in Olivier Cresp. Excellent work! As this could've been a melange of notes that didn't come together...on the contrary, there is nothing out of place or overused. Balance. Harmony. Beauty. Natural.

Exceptional for its genre - a "Fresh Fougere". Comparable to few compositions, although one would like to draw lines to Issey Miyake here, I refrain. This is a nice, airy, spicy, herbal, fresh wood scent. Recommended.

People who like this type of scent should also try a great bottle of fragrance in Revillon R by Maurice Roucel. Different compositions - but will both leave you feeling invigorated, clean and fresh for hours. Perfect for hot summer days and spring days when the temperature spikes and the sun is bright. A great outdoor scent - but this could be perfect for the office as well. One to try!

dmdipentino@verizon.net
dmdipentino@verizon.net

Wow! I love this more than I ever did the original Paco. Great summer scent, clean, fresh, woodsy, but 'different!' ( which is why I love it! )

CoffeeCologne
CoffeeCologne

I blind bought this one yesterday (found it at Sears). I actually really like it. It reminds me of d' Issey Pour Homme. It's got some kick to it, though, that is hard to describe (must be the pepper and basil in the middle notes). It lasts about 7-8 hours on my skin.

guest_zeno
guest_zeno

Friendly fresh and appealing... but still subtle and somehow reserved. I love this fragrance. My alltime fav.

electric_wood
electric_wood

This is by far my favourite fragrance!
It's vegetal, watery, airy and earthy.
The fresh green opening is enlightened with bergamot and citrus and carried deeper with pepper and basil.
Some wood (Copahiu?) in there brings a forest-like dimension and the scent dries down to an earthy feel thanks vetiver whilst keeping freshness and its spiced green "colours" throughout.
This fragrance is for me a reference, in a word, perfect!
Such a shame it has been closed out.
I could smell authentic Nature with the force, generosity and wildness of its elements in that one.

iconoclast
iconoclast

This is a modern and elegant fragrance that seems to be composed of high quality ingredients. I find that when it is first applied it smells quite dirty & vegetal (bizarrely I thought I could even smell spring onions!) and maybe even off-putting. However once it settles, it develops into a long lasting and very crispy citrusy fragrance that is well supported by a background of lavender, vetiver and garden herbs. I can vouch that it performs extremely well in hot weather with excellent sillage. I reckon it's at its best in the summer, as an office or business workhorse fragrance as I don't think it's very sensual, and is slightly serious - a newsreader's scent anyone?. I reckon its closest mainstream alternative is Armani Pour Homme, although EdPR is more crispy. Nice one! (I also recommend trying Ultraviolet Fluoressence For Men which is another excellent watery-citrus fragrance from the same house but with a bit more of a cheeky edge).

domurst
domurst

Not a typical summer fragrance. Citric notes in the top are less noticeable - strong and beatiful lavender is what dominates from the very begining. Middle notes are really green - vetiver and basil are the most detectable ones. Drydown is quite musky with just a hint of amber and incense. Longevity is pretty amazing for a summer perfume. It last easily on my skin even for 8 hours which is more than good considering tropical heat we have now here in Poland (over 35 degrees Celsius). Generally Eau Paco Rabanne is really good alternative for Gio's and it's clones as it's quite original but not in offensive way - it's safe, fresh, clean, yet original

svillatoro
svillatoro

If you don't like overpowering fragrances this is a good choice, clean, crisp and sophisticated

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is the BOMB for a light summery type fdragrance,but also can be worn in the fall as it tends to become more crisp.

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

phantastic light and rich aromat especial good for summer time

Eau Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne 3.68 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Eau Paco Rabanne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Eau Paco Rabanne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.