Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Eau de Metal Paco Rabanne for women

Eau de Metal Paco Rabanne for women
dislike

aldehydic

Eau de Metal is a fresher and lighter version of the original Metal perfume by Paco Rabanne from 1979. Paco Rabanne Eau de Metal was launched in 1986. The nose behind this fragrance is Robert Gonnon.

Aldehydes Floral Notes Oakmoss Woody Notes Musk Citruses

Vivara (1965)

Eau de Metal Fragrance Reviews

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

it has beautiful jasmine note, why it is not listed as a note

Castor
Castor

Aldehydes!!! Full of them... turning skanky - green. It seems that there was time when noses tried to turn these old-woman (thanks Mr. Beaux for Chanel N° 5) accords into animalic - like dirtyness with some galbanum or whatever the green note is; here is the precise moment when the blend smells masculine - the dirtiness morphs into hesperidic accords within this green reference.

So after minutes you get where you wanted to.

As to Metal, the proposal is almost the same in a higher concentration. It feels heavier. Eau de Metal, an statement of the obvious, feels lighter.

They defenitely bring memories of childhood.

I get Mother from them.

Oh, Calandre was the other one. But that is another story.

For the rest of the review, refer to Ericrico's account. His is perfect.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

eririco is so knowledgeable and describes a fragrance so well, that I feel like a dunderhead writing anything afterwards. I didn't recognize individual notes in this, myself. When I initially put it on, I thought it was pleasant in a different way. At one point this morning I thought, I like it and I'm glad to have some, but I wouldn't want to wear it too often. I think it was the aldehydes tickling my nose! This isn't so much a wrist sniffer, because the true essence goes away trying to get close to it. Instead wafts of pure beauty would be around me and in short time, I was captivated. The longevity was greater than I expected, I was still getting the occassional sillage at 4 hours. But reapplying was divine, especially after about 20 minutes. It transports you.

I think it smells like wind chimes in pure, clean air on a cool spring or autumn morning. Or granite rocks.

ericrico
ericrico

A rare treasure, but one definitely worth seeking out. This rather unique release by Paco Rabanne is part of the rich history of the house. It came out in 1986, and was actually, according to some old marketing I found, released "for Men". However, most people would probably agree it is truly Unisex. The bottle I have is not as shown, but instead came in a reddish/silver box with a big silver "Pr" logo on it with the bottle having the large, Vintage "Pr" logo - clear glass with all red lettering, no white border or white cap. The cap is actually black and is as wide as the bottle. You can find what I am talking about on Ebay, hopefully.

The notes here are actually wonderful! A vibrant opening of aldehydes, hyacinth (gorgeous here), lily-of-the-valley, rose (not dominant), jasmine and a nice note of ylang-ylang as well as a light iris which offers a touch of powder. There is also basil, which adds a nice green, herbal note that balances nicely and carries into the heart of florals.

The base is well done as it doesn't dominate the florals. You will find oakmoss (more of a fixative than a note, but it is there and keeps the green notes alive and the florals fresh), a light vetiver, a touch of warm amber and a nice clean white musk.

On my skin, I find it to be very fresh and a wonderful radiating aura scent with just a single spray! I have done a wearing (3-4 shots or so) on a warm spring day and it lasted for hours. Definitely a scent for men who want to explore fragrant florals on their skin and don't mind presenting their feminine archetype (as Carl Jung would express). I have a static feminine with a dominant masculine, but I feel totally confident and comfortable wearing this. A composition to admire and one you will not find in today's mainstream boredom.

Glorious and harmonious. One of the better (and least known) Paco Rabanne bottlings, Eau de Metal in the clear glass (no white border) and red lettering...I prefer it during Spring, Summer and Fall days - with sunshine! The sensation is one of the flowers opening on your skin when the rays of sunlight interact with this fragrance. I deeply love masculine florals - and this one is even short of that and is fully Unisex (my wife wears it and it smells amazing on her as well). Enjoy...this is truly beautiful!!

BIG
BIG

It's such a shame this fragrance has been discontinued. It still can be found online though.

It's sparkling, fresh, effervescent and dewy, like a freshly picked out bouquet of lily of the valley and hyacinth pulverized with a cloud of aldehydes.

Kersen
Kersen

just three words:
I LOVE IT

Eau de Metal by Paco Rabanne 4.59 out of 5 based on 25 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Eau de Metal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Eau de Metal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Metal by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Metal by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.