Designers » N-Q » Woody Aquatic « Groups

Invictus Paco Rabanne for men

marine
Invictus Paco Rabanne for men Videos
Invictus Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Invictus Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Invictus Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Invictus Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

Paco Rabanne launches Invictus, its new fragrance for men, which represents fresh and sporty creation in relation to the other perfumes of the house. The fragrance comes out in July 2013. Invictus, which is Latin for "invincible," represents power, dynamism and energy.

The fragrance opens with fresh grapefruit and a marine accord that lead to the heart of aromatic bay leaf and Hedione jasmine and a woody base of guaiac wood, patchouli, oak moss and ambergris.

The bottle is designed in the form of a trophy. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette with an accompanying collection. Invictus was created by Veronique Nyberg, Anne Flipo, Olivier Polge and Dominique Ropion.

Grapefruit Sea Notes Mandarin Orange

Zara Seoul 532-8 Sinsa Dong Gangham-Gu

Invictus Fragrance Reviews

mostpeopleheresmellgood
mostpeopleheresmellgood

Wow, wow, wow. That's all I can really say to almost everything about this situation; the great smell and all the unwarranted hate it gets. It's that simple.

I smelled this without bias, initially upon its release in 2014 just walking in by a fragrance department. I wasn't looking and I only owned one bottle of fragrance at that time. I had no knowledge of fragrances when smelling this at all so I had no prejudice. I smelled it and thought ''damn'' because it smelled great. I planned on buying a bottle but simply never got around to it until the start of this year and I've worn it a lot, so I know what I'm talking about.

We all have favourite scents and tastes in things like fruits and candies. Some people love raspberry, lime etc. but I've always been in love with the taste and smell of orange and grape. This smell of this is reminiscent of grape candy in some regards; it's sweet and citrusy. That is why I love this fragrance.

Besides that, there are some slightly woody and aquatic qualities about this with a little bit of bayleaf under this fragrance to add something else to this fragrance so it isn't just grapefruit. I really love the scent of this, like, a lot. And so do the ladies. Man oh man, the ladies LOVE this stuff and so do I. I really can't ask for more.

I'm not a fragrance expert; I'm an average dude who just likes to smell good. I don't really see how this is synthetic and I really couldn't care. The smell garners so many compliments and it's awesome.

With that being said, it's fresh, yes, but not that generic. It's smells like grape candy if I'm going to compare it to anything, not like some generic citrus-aquatic scent that is soapy.

In some regards, I'd say it's like Acqua Di Gio in regards to its personality. It's a citrus fragrance but it's not generic. It's different enough to distinguish itself but it still smells damn good. It's popular too. It's not obscure nor is it obsolete.

The performance for this stuff is really good for a citrus fragrance. It will easily last you the whole day. Far better than a lot of other citrus scents but not as strong as some fragrances like Versace Eros so it won't be cloying.

The only downside is the bottle. It looks tacky and cheap, I'll admit, but that matters little to the people on the receiving end of this scent.

I mean it gets tons of compliments, smells amazing and performs well; what else can you ask for?

Most fragrance experts or should I say 'experts' say that it's too synthetic but for nearly every person out there, it doesn't matter. They won't even be able to understand what it means for a fragrance to be synthetic. The only people who complain are the minority, the people who are well-versed in fragrances. The majority of people you meet will definitely have no problems with it.

Ultimately I love this scent.

Str8edge
Str8edge

I bought the 5.1 oz. spray can of this juice for $24; surprisingly a PUMP spray can and not an aerosol. I consider that a value purchase and, ironically, it simply has a picture of the trophy on it. I won this round, Fragrance Gods. I enjoy the scent, quite citrus for the duration of the scent, which seems to last on me rather well. I recommend this for anyone who likes to smell sharp, sweet, and clean.

ekirc
ekirc

surprisingly good, this one can really works with younger guys around early 20s, and it is very versatile

The best projection and sillage i have ever "see". More than 1 million

Comandosav
Comandosav

Smells like Mancera Aoud blue notes i think... try it and let me know

mkpunk
mkpunk

Paco Rabbane Invictus is a don't judge a scent by its bottle and marketing case study. While I love the scent, I don't like the look of the trophy for Invictus (even as a sports fan who loves the look of the various sports trophies whether conference or leagues), even if it works with the feel of the fragrance. The marketing of it is something I just tune out when seeing on television or when I spray this scent on me. It is a vastly wonderful scent honestly.

I get a really good citruses with a more grapefruit smell than orange. I also get a very strong watery sea scent with some bay leaf in the mid and woody notes in the base. It smells really good and something I really love. It is one that I have to smell my wrist or spray right under my nose throughout the day because I love the smell of it. The top lasts really good for about five hours before turning towards the bay leaf mid and into the woody base. It lasts a full day of work and then some and still smells great on me.

I honestly don't get the hate in many of the dislikes beyond the typical "synthetic" bashing or "it smells like candy" comments that are all too common with fragrances these days. It don't really smell synthetic to me, it isn't Coty Aspen which is overly synthetic to me. It may have synthetic citruses, but it don't smell as overdone as the negative reviewers would make you think it does. I notice that it has a slight sweetness to it but it is in no way bubblegum or cotton candy. If you want that, smell Calvin Klein Reveal Men, that's a gourmand that smells that way. I don't know where people get these ideas from. Invictus is not candy nor is it really sweet nor is it synthetic. I often wonder if I smell the same fragrance as them.

Another complaint is that Invictus is like its house brother, Paco Rabbane 1 Million. Let's be honest here, it isn't 1 Million at all. Besides coming from the same house, I don't see a comparison besides being super popular and in a gaudy package. 1 Million is loud nighttime scent that smells sweet, this is a little more subdue and much more of a day scent that can however work in the nighttime in the summer especially. Yes, it can be a bit cloying in the hottest days of summer BUT nowhere near as cloying as One Million can be during a warmer or hot day.

Paco Rabbane Invictus gets a 9/10 in my book, the only downsides are the somewhat high price point; large amounts of clones and smell alikes that may or may not be aquatic (these include Antonio Banderas King of Seduction and King of Seduction Absolute, Azzaro Wanted, Cuba Paris Cuba Winner, Kenneth Cole Blue, Usher He, etc.) that are far cheaper and perform nearly as good; and the gaudy packaging.

Pouchofgold
Pouchofgold

So i test this fragrance and all I can say that this smells really synthetic. I don't have any niche fragrance so I don't know what a natural smells like,  but I can still tell you that this is really syntethic, super sweet, slightly fresh, and juvenile. I am on my 19th but I can't even see myself wearing this fragrance. It's appropriate for those high school boy. This fragrance last and project a long time though. So if you're looking for a panty dropper for some teenage girls then it might works for you.

realfrags
realfrags

Doesn't last 6 hours on me. And that's 15 blasts: 4 each wrist (top), two each ear, 3 on hair.
Gone with the wind, disappeared without the faintest trace after 6 hours max.
Fail. Next, please! :-)
Mark

avaloncm
avaloncm

This one seems to invoke a lot of strong reviews on both sides. I absolutely love it. I love the opening and then I catch very nice whiffs for hours. This is one of my very favorites. I still find it amazing how each person's chemistry can be so different with the same scent.

Michelle12345678
Michelle12345678

This starts out horrifying. A synthetic fruity mess. They claim this is citrus, but to me it could be any fruit. Grapes. It smells grape-y. It's jarring and unpleasant and very, very fake-smelling. It reminds me a lot of Dahlia and Vines by Nest – which is also grape-y. The first hour or so you are going to be asking yourself 'what have I done?!' It's weird, and not in a good way.

I don't get many of the notes listed for this fragrance. Citrus – no. Jasmine? No.

The drydown isn't much better. Like grape candies. It's awful, but not as nose-destroying as the opening. Whichever reviewer said this smells like grape Skittles was accurate.

The longevity on this is AMAZING. You will be smelling like this for 12 hours. Even if you take a shower, this will stay on you. It's tenacious and longlasting.

One day I got caught in the rain on an autumn day wearing this fragrance. It rose up in a cloud around me, the rain amplifying the scent. It wasn't even very warm out, but the scent intensified in the rain.

This isn't fresh, citrusy or aquatic AT ALL in my opinion.

I don't like it, and I am a woman. I don't see this as mature or even particularly interesting. It's sweet, loud, and synthetic. I'm saying this to add my two cents to the “it's a horrible fragrance but women love it!” type of arguments I often see in regards to this fragrance. I agree with Laurdess when she says, “The minute you smell this..... you look for the teenage boy who has it on.”

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A fruity, sweet, tangy fragrance which has good longevity but small to moderate projection...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 2 hours - 4 inch projection. This is fruity & musky with youthful sweetness. There are no particular stand out notes and I think it would be ideal for someone starting in fragrances, though it can get a little sickening at times

2- 5 hours - 2.5 inch projection. Linear fragrance and inoffensive

5 hours - 14 hours - Strong skin scent with small amounts of projection. Lasts on skin till the next day

Not bad

Heetkin
Heetkin

Sentence Summary:

Smells like the time I accidentally crashed my car through the window (and all the shelving) of the Debenhams fragrance department.

ezzedeen.widyanarto.ironhide.wib
ezzedeen.widyanarto.ironhide.wib

Noting great top middle and base notes smells same, overall weak performance, stil prefer Chanel Allure Homme Sport, and bit pricy. 5.5/10

razmale_kl
razmale_kl

I know this is like the most famous Paco Rabbane's perfume at the moment. I only kinda like it, not really love how it smell. Don't get me wrong. You will love it if you're a fan of citrus / orange / grapefruit smell. I'm not a fan but no doubt it smells good and exclusive as it is Paco Rabanne. I love this brand. I didn't regret that I chose this as my birthday present (thank you baby!) I prefer One Million over than this. Projection and performance is undeniably good. Highly recommended for those citrus/orange smell fan

socorrosouza

Yes, on my skin they also feel somewhat alike, and I like them all also.

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

this also rings a close bell to the jacques bogart silver scent and the intense even more imo...if anyone out there owns these pls compare....these silver scents are not exact mind you...but upon smelling these most potent brews next to eachother...their more than 80pct similar.....grape.aqva.wood.dust....love em all

Lovestosmell7
Lovestosmell7

It is best to wear this scent outside because it is strong. It is not the scent to be stuck in a small place with because it will cause headaches. It stays on all day and does get compliments. After the bubblegum smells settles down it is really great. Dont over spray, that is when people will smell u from a mile lol Outdoor party's are the best for this one. About 3 to 4 sprays is best.

TonyAKAMrClean
TonyAKAMrClean

All this love and all this hate, for what is obviously a great seller. But here's the thing: we all wear our scents differently. Invictus in particular, smells very different depending on how I apply it. On my chest, it has overbearing sillage, and smells soapy and obnoxious. On my arms (which are dry, thanks to a sudden cold weather shift here) it smells richer, warmer, more aromatic, more romantic, more spicy. I'm willing to bet that this scent smells best in a dry climate, especially a warmer dry climate.

For me personally, every scent I own has its own application pattern. Not all scents are created equal. I'll likely avoid spraying this under my shirt and instead keep it on my neck and forearms.

As for what I like about the smell itself, something about it smells very similar to rhubarb in the beginning, which I'm loving in scents lately! Not everyone likes that scent on themselves, but almost no one will hate it on others. It is definitely sporty as well, and may remind some of Old Spice sport scents, or Axe body sprays, if they were less "stuffy". Anyone describing this as "1 Million Sport" would not be totally wrong, but to me, that's not a bad thing!

Sillage isn't quite as monstrous as it's been described here; not on me at least. I think this has a very manageable strength, and users could add or subtract sprays easily, but if you go overboard, you will fill a room, so spray with caution. I actually wish it were a bit more potent per spray, given the price. Longevity isn't quite as good as I'd like, it projects on me for about 4 hours and lasts as a skin scent for another 4 hours. Again, for the price, I would love it if it lasted longer.

After smelling Invictus Aqua, I found that I like it quite a bit more than this. It's a little cleaner, with muted fruity notes and more salty airy aquatic notes.

I'm probably going to get yelled at for this, but I really hope they release an "Intense" variety of this scent. Imagine deeper, richer, and slightly more spicy, but keeping the salty and sweet top notes the same, possibly mellowing out the early projection, but increasing the longevity. If they do release such a scent, I'll gladly buy it and put it alongside this bottle! Also, say what you want, but I like the bottle! :D

Can you imagine an Intense bottle? Much the same, with darker glass, fading to light at the bottom? Possibly gold, instead of chrome?

Piyumsrilal
Piyumsrilal

Nice smell and good projection..

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

crappy silly bottle. Over powering and immature smell.Common now in clubs and immature women like it because it reminds them of their own perfume. Way overpriced for what it is.Should be a $20 fragrance.Overused and too common to be "special". Go to a millenials party or a club and it will be everywhere.

Disappointed....one day theis will be bargain bin and noone will dare wear it

Anast

It is the strongest sillage ever. Yesterday i went to a restaurant, the garcon was wearing invictus. It smell all the night and it fill all the room of the restaurant. Super long and strong sillage

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Tried a sample for a few days. While it's not amazing, I don't think it's as terrible as the votes and comments. But if you are looking for a popular orange dominated or aquatic scents, there are much better choices out there.

Smarty_Scent
Smarty_Scent

Anne flipo, dominique ropion and olivier polge, great work in imitating the smell of rotten eggs!!!! Really awful, even one million is far better than this shit! PASS FOR ME.

Ignas39
Ignas39

I find this fragrance...strange. It has it's salty sea notes mixed in with sweet mandarin orange. That is quite odd, having salty and sweet mixed in. Still, I do enjoy this fragrance, even if it is not very unique or interesting. It is a casual, everyday fragrance that anyone could pull off.

socorrosouza

I quite like it. Invictus on me is like a warm embrace, velvety, long lasting and with quite a good sillage. May be a disater on some skins but on mine is delicious.

Laurdess
Laurdess

The minute you smell this..... you look for the teenage boy who has it on.

motionfrags
motionfrags

I wasn't interesting in fragrances when i was given Invictus by Paco Rabanne. I found it just very heavy and I enjoyed it thx to the cool ad. But in fact this hasn't a true signature as for me.

Good: long longevity, good projection, "oh it's my ex bf scent!", good for clubbing
Bad: not very classy, no true personality, dont overspray otherwise -> synthetic mess

Overall: 4/10

Nando Arce
Nando Arce

Disgusting, i cant smell the sea notes, its just a jucy fragarance... Just a commercial modern fragrance like one million.

istvan.buda.779
istvan.buda.779

I smelled this on someone tonight and it literally made my stomach turn . This smells plain nasty !!!

KevinMX
KevinMX

Smells like...synthetic seaweed

tkhan6
tkhan6

At first I kind of fell in love with this Cologne at macy's, I was in looking around for a cologne with alot of projection and something different. This cologne smelled like bubble gum to me, and i am not gonna lie i hope my cologne will attract some attention from the ladies when I wear it so i thought the ladies might like this scent. So i bought this and added it to my rotation, I hardly wear the same cologne two days in a row, but at first i got lots of compliments from this, mind you i was wearing the cologne, the aftershave and had used the body wash that came in the set, and people could smell me across the room. after 2 months I am kinda getting sick of it, I'm starting to get that synthetic smell that i couldn't smell at first. My recommendation is save your money, but something else.

guitar1st
guitar1st

I like this scent, it however is very popular and you are likely to run across it quite a bit once you are familiar with it. It opens with a sweet citrus and grape hard candy smell. There are hints of sea breeze along with some herbal and floral notes. Woody/musky scents begin to form as it dries down. Overall its a good scent, a little on the sweet side but good for casual use. Overall: 7/10

socorrosouza

I quite like it, but it is totally synthetic, but warm , sweet and sensual with good longevity (over 9 hours) and sillage (heavy to moderate for over 4 hours).The bottle is controversial, it doesn't engage me but it does make the perfume remarkable (it's the bottle that is a trophy, as many describe Invictus). Winters and nights, in summer it can be excruciating because of the heavy sillage.

TheGoodfellaANDSmeller
TheGoodfellaANDSmeller

Scent: 8/10 (8 because ladys just love it, im not the biggest fan of it)
Longevity: 7,5/10 (6-7 hours)
Projection/Sillage: 7,5/10 (4 hours good, after that a little bit closer but still noticable).

simpa256
simpa256

If you guys want an Invictus clone, try 1975 Blue Spirit Zara. That one smells exactly like Invictus. Top to bottom, 97% the same. Even in longevity. They are both very synthetic and sweet and I was comparing them side by side. Wow. At first I thought I applied Invictus to both arms.

The only difference is in the dry down where Invictus is more fresh sweet, and Zara Blue Spirit is sweeter a bit. They both last hours. I was amazed how close that one is!! Seriously, I was actively trying to find a trait that would distinguish them but there aren't many.

You can get Zara for peanuts and get the same smell with the pretty much the same longevity.

Dimitri Cesar
Dimitri Cesar

At first it's good, fresh and admirable. There's much to add for a perfect one.

NEONERO
NEONERO

Talk about a bad rap! I scented this fragrance in my local Belk's and thought,"gee this smells really nice I'll order a bottle." And I later came here to see what other people's thoughts were and what other notes were featured in this scent.All of the hate is truly baffling,and quite unwarranted! When my bottle arrived it resembled the one I had tested prior to ordering,and just as satisfying.I can kind of understand where the whole 'bubblegum scent' comes from because I can notice it as well but I don't really find it cloying and overbearing on the entire scent.Despite that the pleasantly average initial spray shouldn't serve as a representation of how the rest of it is,as the dry-down is remarkably unique and refreshing as it's fruity notes begin to commingle with it's rich and subtle green notes,the guaiac wood note is also quietly present which adds a mellow,rich undertone to this fragrance.

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

In my early time that i'm into the fragrances game, i always look into fragrantica for references..
as time goes by and my experience with fragrances already increasing, i realized 2 things:
1. reviewer that give an opinion based on their personal "expert" taste.. it means that they value the fragrance based on the so called "quality".. it consists uniqueness, etc..

2. and no. 2 is reviewer that value a fragrance for what it is, means that whether the fragrance delivered the purpose (which is a crowd pleaser) or not..
like this invictus.. maybe for some expert reviewers here, it is a bad, cheap smell and synthetic release..
but, somehow, it's a crowd pleaser, and the ladies love it..

and for me, i need a fragrance that can delivered above criteria which is a "ladies magnet".. and for that kind of criteria, i dont need a super complex structure fragrance..
and for my own personal "satisfaction" taste i also have other kind of the more "complex" fragrances like DHI, etc..

Just IMHO..

edwardeduardo
edwardeduardo

another chemical disaster

muckata_11
muckata_11

This one should be unisex fragrance.I love it!Smells perfect on me and on my husband.It's fresh and sweet.

sasa.ss
sasa.ss

start- same citrus opening as one million, that's why some people make mistake...they're the same only 10 minutes

finish- A great fruity combination of watermelon, green apple, bergamot and violet... 6+ hours

Labaloo
Labaloo

I admire the bottle, so I sampled this today. Now, I am suffering from the scent wafting from the back of my hand. I personally cannot tolerate the high level of calone or whatever the "fresh" or "aquatic" note in here is- it's simply not for me. Yikes. Although... after it calms a bit, it's not the worst... Still, Invictus is a prime example of what's wrong with designer fragrances these days: big hype and expensive promo, derivative, unoriginal scents one after another...

gelo999
gelo999

Invictus is a fragrance with a very aquatic opening due to a very sweet and marked fruity agreement: aquatic notes that qualify in note fruit together especially tangerine give that sweet spot and yet refreshing, then there is a smooth evolution where appreciates the note also sweet and woodsy laurel with a soft floral point of jasmine (this is the best phase Invictus but short), the sweet balance has moments that deliberately crosses the line gourmand (guess much sought for a touch more youth and make it very salable and profitable) but below neutralizes an acid tone that is synthetic oak moss also do not like and unbalances the composition from the middle notes to much drying. Near the end a touch of very soft ambergris and more enjoyable than readjusted part of that imbalance appears.

The duration is good and moderate quality stele with medium-low Invictus make an option for a young audience but with a classic point.

Personally I find a fragrance that does not add much to perfumist art nor composition nor quality, but I have tested a lot worse.

Still, it is meant to be a record sales by advertising blitz, good distribution channels and a good price.

Rating: 3

Bottledbull

Nice cute bubble gum scent that performs fantastically ..garners compliments and doesn't cost the earth. This would appeal to a younger man but a great creation ..like one millions fresher and more clean cut brother. The bubblegum is the bay leaf ..crush a bay leaf in your hand and you can smell the dominant note in invictus.

Mr. Chris
Mr. Chris

To me this smells like a sweeter version of Hugo Boss Hugo. I'm a huge fan of Hugo so naturally I'm really liking this one.

socorrosouza

Why? Because some do like Invictus? Scent is particular to each and everyone of us. Respect other people's tastes as they will respect yours.

roachburn
roachburn

its official, fragrantica reviewers how lost there minds, bass ackwards.

nerd9891
nerd9891

Tough crowd. I personally really like this one! Not near as sweet as 1 million(which I'm not a huge fan of), but still has a little bubble gum feel to it. This is on my want list!

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

Invictus is very sweet and projects like a monster. It reminds me of the nuclear opening of Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart.

It opens with a blast of grapefruit and then turns into a grape candy accord (think Litchi/Lychee from Silver Scent). It loses its sweetness quite a bit and becomes a vivid laundry detergent accord.

I've worn this for the past 2 years and still not impressed with the scent. The bottle and advertisement are fun, but the fragrance was a disappointment for me.

Black XS and 1 Million still reign supreme from the house of Paco Rabanne.

Konga5000
Konga5000

OK- seriously ; the dry-down on this is that BURNT PLASTIC / LICORICE smell .

Horrible, synthetic and probably UNHEALTHY for you to sniff.

Disgusting AND seriously over-priced.

This should NOT share the Macy*s counter with Chanel and Dior--it should be in a crushed up box on T.J. Mish Mosh's post Christmas clearence rack for $14.99

P U T R I D .

Bottledbull

Very nice scent ..bubble gum and citrus with a woody dry down ..simular to lacoste white but projects better and has better longivity ..most girls really like it and it has a playful young vibrancy, very safe bet for a night out, if you wear a fragrance to attract the opposite sex then this is perfect, yes there are more complicated and natural smelling fragrances out there which I have plenty of but if I'm going out and need a fragrance to please the lady's this is pretty decent. Basically it's a pulling scent with good odds of success.

Daddario
Daddario

Totally generic, sickeningly synthetic, sweet aquatic. Cheap smell with expensive price tag.

wilso55
wilso55

It's very nice smelling for young blokes. The lady's love it because it's a bit sweet. The ambergris gives this a more elegant smell for a designer. Use it for work, clubbing or going out shopping.

Reecekieran
Reecekieran

I never really tried any paco rabanne until last year so I just blind bought this fragrance and honestly it's the best blind buy I've had people saying it's typical and typical I think it's unique never smelled anything like it smells like something zeus would wear absolutely love this at first it's abit cool smelling then it sets to a really deep masculine scent that has a beatiful kick to it I especially think it smells better sprayed onto clothing as when the bottom notes come through heaven is all I can say definitely got alot of compliments on this definitely should be anyone's blind buy if you like masculine fragrances

Scent10/10
Longevity8/10
Projection 9/10

SirMasterpiece
SirMasterpiece

@Alexey Fisher

Let me answer your question "Why so many negative about it?"

Have you ever heard of terms like : common, synthetic, simple, commercial and so on? Have you?

Alexey Fisher
Alexey Fisher

Why so many negative about it? Scent is amazing and very very long lasting.

tj.barker
tj.barker

So I think most of the hate towards this fragrance comes from the male reviewers. I'm not a huge fan of the scent, but I don't hate it. I've noticed that women LOVE invictus.

This is on the same level of compliments as Abercrombie Fierce, and it projects and lasts like vintage Fierce. Great fragrance for a night out or clubbing. This scent will power through any other scent.

A lot of the guys that smelled this on me have said its too aggressive/I'm using too much cologne (I only use 2 sprays -- chest and shirt), but I haven't met a woman who doesn't like it.

If you're fishing for compliments definitely buy this -- it might be a little too sweet for most guys, but you'll receive plenty of compliments from women.

Plan to purchase Invictus Aqua, as I heard its a more versatile and fresh/less sweet version of the original.

ckmtl
ckmtl

Received a sample of this with another purchase. I was hoping that the bay note would be stronger, but other than that Invictus is a nice summer scent.

esteban747
esteban747

It starts very fresh but thanks to bay leaf it doesn't fall on the typical 'citrus cologne opening'.
It's actually quite nice, reminds me a little to L'eau d'Lalique, I guess because of the green spiciness ( Lalique with dill, invictus with bay leaf).
After a few minutes invictus moves into a more common zone, woods, spices, marine. Still, I like it. I don't think I will rush to buy it , I certainly prefer less popular fragrances. But leaving aside my prejudices, I must admit that invictus was a nice surprise.

ameagari
ameagari

smells like...expensive deodorant. it's not entirely awful, it's actually pleasant and vaguely sexy, but it has no soul or body or much of anything outside that deodorant accord. young guys can definitely pull this off, it would work pretty well as a club scent too. however, if you're over the age of 25 and you love yourself, stay far away from this and get a scent with personality and depth. hell, even people under 25 have better options.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

It's not a spam, an advertisement, or I am not taking percentages from Paco Rabanne sales but Invictus is such a sexy fragrance.

I am being impressed so hard, specially from male perfumes but to my opinion, Invictus is the line between formal and informal. It's so SEXY, simple, fresh, attractive and addictive. I can't think of any other word to describe it.

Paco Rabanne did a great work with Million for gourmandise lovers, those who want to be relaxed and smell good, but now hits the crowds with a fresh, more classic pleaser. I am sure Invictus fits active men, younger crowds with kind and free spirited heart, strong personalities that know how to take what they want, when they want.

lovetribe

can be synthetic, banal, obnoxious but for me after re sniffed, it is the smell of summer !!!!!!! 9/10
longevity and projection 11/10

60% day / 40% night fragrance
reminds me a lot of 212 vip

rerthegreat
rerthegreat

Fragrance and an excellent spirit are so alike in so many ways. You constantly see notes of rum, cognac, booze, malt, etc in a vast array of popular scents. One note you never see is beer, which leads me to my review.

I love a good Belgium ale, dubbel, triple, strong, blonde, you name it, whether its from Belgium itself or a craft domestic using Belgian yeast strains and brewing procedures. You will find incredible complexity aromas, and an undeniable earthy, heady aroma that says "yup it's a Belgian style" It is distinct and an absolute treat.

Invictus smells like a Belgian ale to me. I smell it and I think of ommegong in particular, and a couple of their beers. What people call grape, I smell as a dark fruit, lightened by the citrus accord accompanied by spice and the scent of Belgian yeast. My guess is Ambergris is responsible for giving this that "Belgian yeast" note: fermented, a touch animalic yet bright at the same time. When you enjoy a Belgian ale you pick up so many aromas and notes, and it is an experience any beer or spirit enthusiast should try.

Comparing a fragrance to a beer probably sounds horrible, or off-putting, but it's not.I really enjoy invictus and find it to be unique actually, and an excellent spring and summer scent. It lasts quite well and there is a lot going on. Underrated and torn apart by the fragrance community (and its silly bottle) but to each their own. lasts a long time as well. Give it a shot and try some Belgian ales if you already haven't lol

bondianflavor

@Mateusz1991, I suspect that no two bottles of Invictus are exactly alike due to ambergris. The argument here is that because no two pieces of ambergris could ever be the same, that it really isn't possible for the perfumer to duplicate the exact same scent across all bottles. I myself have compared two bottles of Invictus and have noticed a difference between them. Another person also witnessed the same difference between the same two bottles. One bottle smelled more of tart citrus, while the other was more humid and darkly sweet. I don't believe this is due to any reformulation. Rather it may be due to technology's inability to perfectly duplicate Nature.

AlexUrbano369
AlexUrbano369

This smell just like Melon.... it very citrusy, and fresh.
This scent smell aquatic to me.
Perfect for the summer and Younger Guy.

The projection is moderate. this would be better with a heavy projection to me.

This sometime give me a headache when i spray too much.

saltyoceanbreeze
saltyoceanbreeze

Invictus is the niche version of Diesel Plus Plus. I actually tossed Diesel Plus Plus in the trash because I could never see a reason for it being on my skin. Invictus at least is a bit better quality

Mateusz1991
Mateusz1991

Hello guys, I have a question, Invictus made in 2015 is reformulated or not? anyone ? :) people are writing different stuff about it ! :) I want to buy it for the performance, sillage and longevity !

vaan1236
vaan1236

When I first smelled Invictus over at Macy's I was pretty disappointed that it smelled like 1Million. I think this is why so many people are disappointed about this fragrance due to their resemblance. However, this kept growing on me through the ensuing months when I kept coming back to it that I eventually learn to love it. It opens up with a grapefruit while a hint of jasmine tea and sea water in the background. It's a pretty linear cologne, so it will stay like this as long as it is on your skin. The quality does change, though, from sour and bitter to soft and light. Just make sure not to put your nose close to the area of application. It will give the impression of a synthetic smell. Instead, smell the air around the applied area. The performance is BEASTLY and lives up to name: Invictus. I get 12+ hours on this juice with 8 hours of projection. Ironically, it last longer than Aventus where I only get 5 hours of projection and 9 hours of longevity. This is the next cologne that I am going to buy.

Performance: 10/10
Versatility: 6/10

This will work well for younger guys in the warm temperature.

sadiqalhammar
sadiqalhammar

very safe scen, clean and freash, not too synthetic like black xs, good performance and sillage, no one can hate this scent really, it could be a daily use scent also, overall rational people will care about the results and invictus is a compliment getter that's all, worth to buy it

king.of.disaster
king.of.disaster

Amazing scent, crazy longetivity and projection. It has the same 1 Million vibe going on, but is actually so much better than 1 Million. It actually wowed me that it is so strong and longlasting and yet summer friendly.

OKcololo
OKcololo

You have to admire Paco Rabanne's constancy. They keep managing to create fun, memorable marketing campaigns and cute, clever bottles for their fragrances while spending zero effort on the perfume itself. A grey hodgepodge of Bleu de Chanel and 1 Million, that reminds me of a thousand other unremarkable masculines. Wear it if you've given up, or don't know any better. 1/5 (sweet citrus)
P.S: I'll concede, the guy in the ad is really cute.

mundher
mundher

Has equal citrus and sweet notes.
Not fresh at all. Perfect for summer nights. This is the citrusy brother of 1 million so if you like 1 million you gonna like this too. Excellent longevity and projection.
And the most important thing girls like it

ken.z008
ken.z008

Again, another men's cologne that has a lot of dislikes and negative comments from men themselves. In actuality, this cologne is superb! Its modern, fresh, metrosexual (but manly!), and sophisticated. Its great for day wear till night out. If you want to attract women, this is one of the better choices in the mainstream market. Don't listen to the reviewers, go to the mall and try it before you buy it to see for yourself. Other really good colognes with great performance and quality but low votes are Versace Eros, Dior Sauvage, and Dolce & Gabanna Intenso, to name a few. The only reason why most men dislike and comment negatively on this cologne is because they want it just for themselves. Dont listen to them! This is a SUPERB cologne and girls love it!

Olamiplus
Olamiplus

This scent is way better than what the reviews suggest.I am shocked at the number of dislikes...I have seen 'not so good' scents get good reviews they do not deserve.

I stole two sprays from my relative and got compliments from 2 ladies with affirmative smiles.
If this doesn't smell good to you,then you must be intentionally biased.

Take note:Most people are not perfume experts or masters,they just want a good smell(basic human instinct), so don't go thinking of spending too much time and money on various fragrances which may eventually not give you the desired effect(unless buying perfumes is your hobby).

Perfumelover15
Perfumelover15

I really don,t understand how it is possible so many years after cool water by davidoff (-more than twenty five years),witch started this "aquatic" fresh and in fact very plain ,synthetic smelling type of fragrances, people still like variations of one and the same fragrance.In the same line is Versace pour l,homme-even more sticky and synthetic, Dior Sauvage 2015-a poor try for a more original variation and this one Invictus. Popular enough,fresh enough and absolutely uninteresting. All of them bestsellers. If people like this gym style of fragrances let them wear them. If you are looking for an original perfume definitely not for you. And the bottle is kitch. Sorry, guys, didn,t you have enough?

blackandwhite
blackandwhite

if you dont like this scent, then go blow your nose cause something be clogged up bro

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

This is sheer machismo. It's a powerful and overtly masculine scent. I don't find it repellent but I can't find it attractive either. Oh, and the bottle reminds me of a miniature urn. Encouraging, huh?

NvD
NvD

Very kind fragrance... Lovely...good friend...gentleman ....

ceykay
ceykay

I like the smell. fresh notes disappear very quickly and woody/amber/musky notes remains. not the best perfume on my skin here where its quite warm and humid.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Invictus is one of those men's fragrances that have become terribly common. It's everywhere. I smell it on guys everywhere. And there is no age group for it. I've been introduced to friend's fathers and they totally wear this. This is not a bad fragrance but it could have been better. I won't bash a fragrance because I always find something to love about each fragrance I experience either wearing it myself or second hand by smelling it on others. The grapefruit is very strong at the first spritz as are the aquatic notes. I smelled the sea notes/water which was fresh and cool. It then turns into grapefruit but of course this is not a fruity perfume by any means. The aromatic strong touches of bay leaf, jasmine, guaiacum wood and patchouli come together in such a way as to make this fragrance very long lasting very memorable and truly amazing. I can pick up on the bay leaf and jasmine although this is not a sweet jasmine. It's one of those indolic jasmines but even so it smells good. The wood and patchouli really stand out and its the kind of patchouli I like to smell as it wafts into the air as the guy wearing it walks next to me. This has ambergris which is a whale secretion and it adds to the effect of being underwater. It's an aquatic fragrance and it would smell really good on a yacht or sailboat. It's like a fresh ocean breeze. The bottle of course looks great reminds me of a super hero's helmet although its meant to resemble a trophy cup. The TV commercial was HOT. But I don't think this scent is strong enough to be worn by a "victor" or gladiator type. This scent is rather soft and sweet in fact. The scent is popular for a reason. Sometimes however I think it's too common and cheap even though it's not a cheap scent. However it has been copied and there are many horrifying dupes. Avoid the drug store version of it, Inversion LOL

slave for scents
slave for scents

Invictus is very, very sweet. Good for summer months. Unfortunately, it does resemble Only the Brave by Diesel.The opening is citrus, which quickly evolves to aquatic /woody with Splenda on top.
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate this scent - it suits men 20 to 30 years old; and it is geared to the female of the species. Girls go gaga over it while most of the men I've asked are indefferent towards it.
If you are going out on a date, this is a no- brainer. For the girls out there looking to buy a scent for their brothers/boyfriends/male friends, this is a safe buy. Just don't gift your father with it. Just don't.

radu191289
radu191289

In the first place I want to say that I bought this one because I tested in a store and loved it, I had no idea who/what Paco Rabanne is, or what's the marketing strategy here.

It feels masculine, fresh, clean.

Obviously, I am not a perfume expert, but I like it, my girlfriend likes it, people around also do and it has high longevity. Depends what's important for you when you choose your perfume.

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

Invictus
By William Ernest Henley 1875

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

lekellyy
lekellyy

My boyfriend has this cologne and it smells so good. All I know is this scent isn't spicy or musky at all. It lasts all day on his clothes so the longevity is great. Sillage is amazing as well, I can literally smell him from afar.

Buy this for your man! It's strong but scent is great, it won't give you a headache and you'll want to hug him all the time!!

laureatelle
laureatelle

Sweet mandarin, citrusy grapefruit and fresh marine scents for the start. A bit soapy for my taste.

Middle part smells like dried, aromatic oregano (or bay leaf?) combined with sweet, floral addition from jasmine. Delicious!

Dry down is warm, comforting and sensual woody rose (guaiac wood?) kind of smell, which manages to stay fresh. Kind of like a minty garden (patchouli?) in the middle of the forest after rain (due to oak moss?). Interesting contrast to the top notes!

Nice bottle to give as a present for a sporty young man. Very good longevity.

bellekala
bellekala

I bought this for my dude because it smells so yummy on him!
The scent lasts for a long time on his clothes. I can always pick up the scent on his jacket -- and I'm not complaining ;D

Amaz-Singh Scents
Amaz-Singh Scents

Yes..I also feel that the 2015 batch is reformulated. One hour it projects ok...but then basically a skin scent...but stays on skin fo 6-7 hrs...

tetsuoyouth
tetsuoyouth

Is anybody getting poor longevity? It smells strong for the first hour then becomes a skin scent there after? Ive got a feeling its been reformulated after picking up a new 2015 batch

ekdahlmark
ekdahlmark

9/10 it's incredible-strong, spicy and alluring and really long lasting.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

It's been out for 3 years and it's popularity is slowing down. All the more reason for people to revisit it.

I liked it when I tested a while back and purchased a small bottle 2 weeks ago.

The bottle is cheesy and Invictus is slightly over priced.

I like it. Girls like it.

It's funny reading all the negative reviews. These are the same people that wished One million didn't have a bubble gum smell, had a fresher summer citrus vibe for added versatility, and a mature woody aquatic note.

Guess what? that's exactly what Invictus is and they still complain.

Imo this fragrance ticks a lot of boxes and avoids pitfalls that would make girls dislike it.

Musky smokey old man vibe? Nope.
Thick cologny after shave stench? Nope.
Pine smell like a cheap car freshner? Nope.
Bad leather odor like old shoes? Nope.
Toilette bowl mint smell like Versace Eros? Nope.

Like many Paco Rabanne fragrances this is sweet, lasts a long time and girls love it.

Score = 9/10

Zackkcaz
Zackkcaz

Love the idea of the formulation ! Every time I tried it intant headache. The longevity is a monster even with washing. I have to say cheaply made with bad materials. :(. Tossed the bottle.

renzo
renzo

not all fragrances have to be expensive to smell good :) Btw, Jeremy, you are doing great !

jeremy fragrance
jeremy fragrance

Just posted my Youtube Review! Good Power/Good Ladies Reactions/ Good Versatility and okay Price (you can get it Cheap nowadays).
For us Fragrance Freaks its hard to appreciate this Fragrance because of its juvenile Sweetness but it's better then you think! More in my Youtube Review..

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Upon initial application this does not impress. You got to wait for this to mature and hit middle age.

The first hour or two it just doesn't leave me feeling confident in having applied it, at first it reminds me of Guy Laroches latest release for men, Drakar Essence, very generic.

Long story short, if you like Kenzo's Sport for men then you just might like this, but then again........if it smells like Kenzo's Sport and you got it in your cupboard then why buy this?

I got "a thing" for Kenzo Sport so the end life of Invictus smells nice to my olfactory sense.

If you're just sampling this you have to be willing to wear it for a couple of hours and wait for the drydown, then decide.

Patience my friend, patience.

bmcd921
bmcd921

Just got this in the mail today after trying a sample and loving it. It works really well on me and I feel like it smells great. Not really sure why there's so much hate.

I have some general advice based on something I've noticed about my purchase history and happiness with those purchases. The colognes I love the most and wear the most are the ones that only get average reviews on this site: givenchy gentlemen only, prada luna rossa, dior sauvage, and bleu de chanel (which, since the time I purchased it, has been more well received). On the other hand, the ones that receive amazing reviews on this site (d&g the one, dior homme, YSL l'homme) I almost never touch.

If you find a cologne you really like, go for it, because ultimately it's your decision. Too many times I've been dissuaded from purchasing something I like based on negative reviews, or persuaded by something that gets great reviews. I probably could've saved a lot more money or been happier with my collection over all if I trusted my gut!

bondianflavor

This fragrance smells better in cold weather. It's projection also seems better then.

It's one thing to say it smells synthetic, but it's quite another to say this perfume smells generic. Generic it is not.

Nordic_Saab95
Nordic_Saab95

It's really not bad. Maybe the butt-hurtness of the scent, isn't so much in the smell, as it is the closeness to the "Aventus" name.

This isn't close to Aventus. I get that. Aventus is my #1.

I've never had one person tell my that Invictus smelled bad. Not offensive. Not too sweet. Never heard any of those things.

My wife got my the 3.4, and it's a good office/shopping/whenever scent. I put it right up there with Eternity Aqua, 1 Million, or something in that vein.

I like it enough that I bought a 5.1 for back up.

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

Says a famous proverb: "Pan moves that much or the food comes out salty or bland.", And like any good rule carries its exception, with Invictus could not be different and I can see straight the exception of this popular saying, I explain. Sometimes a perfumer only developing a fragrance can not skirt the success of its creation, imagine when four intend to draw up a single scent, as in the case of intense Invictus, almost sure "mush" unravel is almost 98.9 % chance. Anyway, Invictus gave super right, I think, and proof is that the guys pissing standing hardly not have in your collection and go around boasting its pungent smell woody aromatic super delicious to be. I think a crime call it "water" where it is aquatic, people ?! Neither here nor China, nor underwater or else it is, to my nostrils amateur it is a woody middle flavored Fougere even pancadão, perfumaço to draw attention and get noticed, like most contemporary men desire today and as well as they need in their daily lives. The citrus scent of grapefruit comes with a heavy breeze, a salt of notes I just say at the output, which give an impetus "male of the moment" and faithful to him, then at this stage he divided opinions being loved or definitely hated, I I interpret this as uncomfortable by what has haughty personality and nothing is repressed by what they can think of it, comes coming, it gives your message and will not look back; I can see it in Invictus Paco Rabanne. His medium is indole, but nothing unbearable because of the temperate of the bay that assigns a supimpa balance the perfume, leaving him even more male XXI century. In referring to his retirement he is now more close to the skin, however, has already delivered numerous estimated praise, due to the combination of Patchouli with a woody base and burned that are crazy things, yes, even flush it gives a fished nostrils attracting attention and causing security and confidence to the wearer. For the duty of swimwear that like to impress when perfumarem, the trophy of you has been inventing and goes by the name of Invictus, go at it, and without fear!

Word of the day: confidence... (day 53)

@Pinnacos I'm glad you're amused. :D

Pinnacos

"The blend between Invictus and tobacco smoke is one of the classiest combos i've smelled."

I about howled when I read this. Thanks, Manu.

manu.tq

This fragrance doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. Yes it's sweet, might be a bit synthetic for some, but damn it has such a great drydown. The traces it leaves around are amazing. There's a hint of green and that keeps it balanced and memorable. Another plus, it works great for people who smoke, because the blend between Invictus and tobacco smoke is one of the classiest combos i've smelled. It is long lasting (8 hrs +) and seems to be very versatile.
This review is based on a one week experience with Invictus, as a friend visited me and it's his signature scent.

obahnas
obahnas

bad, extremely sweet and just generic.
it smells like mandarin air freshner...I cannot detect any other notes.

I dont like it.

Chimp
Chimp

I'm sorry if you like this frag but Invictus is a very generic aquatic perfume that brings nothing new to the perfume world.

Nautica has better aquatics than Invictus for a 1/4 of its price and a Coty seal of quality. Kenzo pour Homme is a great, original and complex aromatic aquatic scent if you're looking for one.

Bottom line is Invictus is a good, office-safe fragrance not worthy of its price, if it had Adidas Ice Dive price i'd still pick Adidas for its freshness.

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

I don't find any originality or unique character in Invictus, it's really similar to many other sweet acquatic, ozonic scents out there in the market. Nothing intersting in it. A simple composition dominated by synthetic and cheap-smelling ambergris and acquatic notes plus a hint of jasmine and sweet mandarin orange.
You can see how much dislike it has received and it really deserves it!
I just can't understand how Veronique Nyberg, Anne Flipo, Olivier Polge and Dominique Ropion have created this, it's a real shame and failure.

اینوکتوس کاری است که با تست آن علائم ناامیدی و بی میلی در چهرۀ و ذهن شما پدیدار خواهد گشت. چرا که کاری است بدون هیچگونه اصالت و شخصیت منحصر بفرد بلکه کاری است در سبک کارهای آکواتیک و شیرین که شما در مترو، تاکسی و خیابان بوی مشابه آن را بسیار بسیار شنیده اید. متأسفانه کیفیت کار نیز خوب نیست و رایحۀ غالب کار شامل نت بی کیفیت امبرگریس، پرتقال ماندارین شیرین با اشاره ای به یاسمن است. بعد از تست این کار خواهید فهمید که دیسلایک های فراوان این عطر بی دلیل نیست
اصلا باور کردنی نیست که این ادکلن معمولی و چیپ ساخته و پرداختۀ کارگروه 4 عطار معروف باشد.
ما در فارسی می گوئیم آشپز که دو تا شد آش یا شور می شود یا بی نمک. حال گویا این مثل در دنیای عطر هم مصداق پیدا کرده و اینوکتوس مثال عینی خوبی است برای این مثل.

Twilighter1
Twilighter1

Okay, I'm a newb (albeit a fairly old one with a decent enough nose), but as a result of jumping into the fragrance thing fairly obsessively, I've have smelled an awful lot of scents recently, from high end (thanks to an afternoon in Selfridges) to high street cheapies. And i have to say, whilst there are a lot i didn't really like (the ones that smell like ashtrays and old shoes mainly), or which i can appreciate but clearly aren't for me, of the fragrances that should be more to my taste, this is the only one that i thought was utterly god-awful. All i get is sickly grapefruit, like sweetie shop confectionery. And it just goes on and on and on. Had to get the scrubbing brush out eventually. I suppose if you like it, at least it has that to recommend it. And the flacon is just silly. I like a bit of visual flair (Versace) and inventiveness but this teeters over into full on tacky, not helped by a cheap, plasticy feel in the hand. One for the carefree young buck who likes the shiny trophy vibe and sweet-shop smell maybe. Yuck - that is all.

Sighclone
Sighclone

If we can get past the tacky bottle, and perhaps take note of which noses signed their name to this scent, then perhaps Invictus will have a fighting chance of being reviewed fairly. I think what might be most off-putting about the smell are the dominant sea notes. Some folks just can't handle them. Personally I can't get enough of them in my summer fragrance wardrobe. Heeley's Sel Marin is among my absolute summer faves, and while that is loved here on Fragrantica, it is not all that well received among people who don't fancy themselves as fragrance aficionados. Those folks will choose Invictus over Sel Marin every time. I realize Invictus doesn't hold a candle to the genius of Sel Marin, but I was describing mass appeal versus niche appeal. I think the sweetness of Invictus is overridden somewhat by the marine accord which I quite enjoy. This is a better fragrance than 1 Million, if that is saying anything at all. The ambergris and oak moss in the base help this to play out very nicely in the dry down, and I would think fans of these notes should be receptive to how they are used in Invictus.

jtappenden

I have revisited this fragrance & it is absolutely great.Wonderful high quality fougere notes mingle with an underlying smoky sweetness.It is completely on-trend & has become a great favourite.Top notes are very similar to Eternity Aqua & the fougere notes remind me of the sophistication of Chanel's Egoiste Platinum.Longevity is very good as you only require a couple of spritzes.

Lightning
Lightning

I really liked the opening of it at first. I wore it once and liked it. But the 2nd time I gave it a full wearing, I got sort of sick of it.

It's kind of like 1 Million without the leather. It smells like grape juice. I guess it's not bad, but I wouldn't buy a full bottle of it. Neutral.

rami992
rami992

very good fragrance have no idea why this hate and dislike

easly gets 7 / 10

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

Nice aquatic citrus for men. The first hit is very refreshing, nice grapefruit notes with cool bay leaf. I think what makes this unique is the warmth that comes from perhaps the ambergris mixed with the oud. It's equal parts cool and warm. I'll have to test it more, but I don't find it so masculine that a woman couldn't wear it.

izzyd
izzyd

All I can smell is mandarin. Cheaper to just squirt a mandarin on your neck

keatm49
keatm49

This scents not terrible like most reviews say it's ok a little feminine on my skin smells like grape candy and stays pretty linear on my skin defiantly not one of my favorites 6.5-7/10 for me

Shawnnick
Shawnnick

I like this but hate the tacky bottle!projecting like a beast on my skin and despite being so sweet i do like this.kind of reminds me of davidoff night dive with the intensity ramped up.the same kind of 'feel' rather than simply smelling alike.despite the nasty bottle i may grab some of this:-)

Richie097
Richie097

Don't understand the hate for this fragrance, its fresh and pleasantly sweet in the beginning and dries down to a more woodsy scent in the drydown. For me longevity is around 8 hours and it projects very well for the first hour or 2. A safe scent for sure and a crowd pleaser. Not a bad scent. 7.5/10

bodybuilder87
bodybuilder87

when you get into the aquatic scents theres many that smell very similar. I personally like aquatic scents and invictus is one of my favorites. it has its own scent that seperates it even if it is a slight difference. It takes aquatic longevity to a much longer than normal level which is a big plus. I love this colonge

Dark-X
Dark-X

Paco Rabanne used the overutilized formula of an aquatic note, a woody one (ambergris here), & a dash of citrus & green, while adding zero creativity to it!

The smell itself isn't bad.
The performance is astonishing, long lasting & strongly projecting! A powerhouse in this field!
& I loved the bottle. Like a mini glass cup in your wardrobe.

So what is the catch?

This smell is horribly generic!
There are a million products out there that smell like this!
Cheap fragrances, creams, hair gels, soaps...etc.

If you are into sporty fragrances or sillage beasts, go for Invictus.

If you are very picky, like me, with your fragrance selection, steer away!

K1
K1

Today I'm testing a perfume with high dosage of methylbenzodioxepinone. Yes Invictus is a extreme dose of Calone imparted with soft saline fresh vibes and woodsy themes in base to emphasize King Neptune probably!

Personally I don't go with such compositions quite a while. And more personally as an architect I hate the bottle. You don't need to take my notes on that. Such things are personal views. But about the smell I'm serious. Invictus is one thousand eight hundred ninety third in a million of such similar compositions. Not a distinct item nor a distinguished item, just a smell. Powdery, fresh balmy, ozonic.

امروز دارم عطری رو تست میکنم که حاوی مقادیر زیادی متیل بنزوئیدوکسپینون هست. بله اینویکتوس عطری هست با دوز بالای کالون که توی نت نمکی دریایی و چوبی ادغام شده که احتمالا قراره شاه نپتون رو به خاطر بیاره! خخخخ

شخصا با اینطور ترکیبا راه نمیام. و خیلی شخصا، به عنوان یه هنرمند و معمار از طراحی بطریش متنفرم؛ شما نیاز نیست اینها رو در نظر بگیرین چون اینطور مقوله ها عقبۀ شخصی دارن. اما در مورد رایحه جدی هستم. اینویکتوس اصلا عطر جدیدی نیست، میلیونها کار مشابه این عطر میتونه پیدا بشه، عطر خاصی نیست، عطر مشخصی هم نیست، فقط یه رایحه هست. پودری، خنک، چرب، اوزونیک

hatparadox
hatparadox

It really isn't too bad. It's a nice compliment getter - but it isn't anything special or original. Lasts a decent amount of the day, where it mostly matters. A tad bit too sweet for me, I would have preferred a more darker tone, but this is alright. In a way it is a tiny bit similar to Versace Eros, the drydown.. but a tiny bit.

I give it a 6.5/10. It's okay, it's a "daily" scent, nothing special, but it does attract attention. But it is a bit too sweet, and I kind of regret buying it (when I could have gotten the new Dior scent, which I enjoyed very much, or Luna Rossa), but to be honest, it really isn't bad! It is dark enough for winter, but still usable for summer. Definitely a daytime scent, however, I would roll with something else for nighttime (like Eros, god, I love that one.)

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Disclaimer: this is a personal opinion, and not a criticism against the people who use and like this fragance. If you like Invictus, come on, go for it, buy it and use it, but consider that perhaps you will find something better for a fraction of the price of this.

There is something even worse that One Million, yes, that perfume for hipsters and rappers in whose dreadful adv there was an unbearable and irritating young man who got all what he wanted by clicking his fingers. It is his "sportsman" brother, and it's called Invictus.

Invictus is not exactly a perfume, it is more likely like some sort of bad joke in a bottle. A hideous bottle, by the way: kitschy, tacky, ridiculous. The publicity is just offensive. The name, nonsensical. And about the smell itself, is just a very common, generic men's cologne. Not really such bad, but something that has already been done dozens and dozens of times, and better. The sillage, however, is very good...during the first ten minutes.

And...wait, it has a female version... Yes, like certain philosopher said once, man is a despicable animal and woman, his worthy mate.

And...this is released by the Paco Rabanne house. Yes, the same house which launched masterpieces like Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, Calandre, and interesting perfumes like Pour Elle, Paco and Ultraviolet (that I do not apreciate, but which were, at less, innovative and coherent with Paco Rabanne's esthetic universe).

Something is rotten in the state of Paco Rabanne...

Casper112
Casper112

It's not a bad scent! It has a kinda fresh smell to it! Could be a signature type of cologne.

Many mentioned that it smells similar to other fragrances. Well, it's probably true, but doesn't that happen often? Nobody is reinventing the wheel.

Most likely the marketing of this cologne was strongly based on the design of the bottle which is funny but unique, and not on the scent itself.

I still like it more than One Million!

DaveForrest
DaveForrest

Long lasting and projects far. A bit too young for me.
Girls definitely like this one. Like 1 million over spraying this can be irritating to others. I only use 1 spray of this and it's plenty.

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

One of the few scents that actually caused me pain. Sickening sweet, to the point of being a piercing, headache inducing fragrance. Do not "blind" buy, as it may have the same effect on you.

waygo
waygo

Was trying this out an 1 million absolute gold. This smells like La Coste pour Homme and Versace PH had a baby. Smells good but too similar to colognes I have already so I went with 1 million. And it was a bit pricey than I thought it should be priced at.

emmanuel.ramos.148
emmanuel.ramos.148

I simply do not understand the negative reviews about this fragrance, It lasts long, projects better than average, smells manly, women love it, smells amazing, and it's by a very well known and reputable brand. what else do people want from a fragrance if it's not these main factors??? also people need to understand that not all fragrances smell the same on everyone, especially these expensive ones, for the simple fact that these are the type of fragrances that goes according to the wearers body chemistry and reaction towards it.

Murfdigidy
Murfdigidy

I got this as a sample from a big department store. I tried it and I gotta say my impression was it reminded me of all the cheap 90s colognes I had back in highschool. It is definitely for younger generation. I was not impressed it was too generic, nothing unique to this scent. 2 out of 5 stars

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

long lasting fragrances !
This is actually a very good .. light fragrance, summer scent, good sillage and longevity. Well done !

camposg
camposg

This is fairly linear. Reminds me in the heart of a light Drakkar. It really is a sweet flowery woodsy scent with grape but with great performance that last more than 8 hours two sprays. Formal but can be work casual

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

This is a weird scent on me ! Some days I like it,some days I love it and some days its a scent that gets on my nerves and gives me a headache !

What I like about this scent is the grapefruit note and sea notes as it does have a nice freshness in the opening and in the heart, and the grapefruit in this fragrance is 1 of my favorite uses of grapefruit !

What I dont like about this fragrance is the sweetness. Dont get me wrong I do like certain sweet fragrances but sometimes when I wear this the sweetness is a bit too much. Its not as bad as 1 million by any means but it is on the border of being too sweet for my taste.

The Smell: This starts off with a very fresh opening with that grapefruit and sea notes but theres also a decent amount of sweetness making this kind of bubblegummy. The heart is pretty much the same except it starts to smooth out and get a little more sweet. In the heart you will deffinitly see the resemblence between this and 1 million.

This scent is pretty linear and what you get in the heart is pretty much what you get in the drydown except this gets sligtly more woody but you will keep that bubblegum type of vibe the whole way throughout the fragrance.

Performance on this is BEAST ! Be careful with this stuff because if you go 1-3 sprays this is nice,fresh, aromatic and pleasant but if you go more than 3 sprays this WILL become an overly cloying mess that will have people around you hating you.

In a nutshell this has Beastly projection for 3 hours and lasts a total of 8-12 hours.

A lot of people have said this is a Warmer weather fragrance but to me this is better suited for colder months as its sweet and beastly.

All in all id rate this a 7 out of 10 ! A really good scent that has great performance but this scent just doesnt wow me and like I said before. Most of the time I like this but sometimes it gets on my nerves and I can see this annoying people around you as well.

ScottyVizz

Change my mind on this one.
Cheap Coty/Avon smell from the 90's.
I wouldn't qualify this one as generic because it smells unique, but it is poorly constructed. It's a clash of floral sweetness and synthetic woods.

diamond dust
diamond dust

Nice but little bit like ladies perfume great sillage snd very long lasting but i dont like the smell 3/5 ...
Heyyy try diesel tattoo only the brave or carolina hererra vip if u like one million than u ll must like these

MaryamOHS
MaryamOHS

This is a perfect summertime perfume, lasts long and smells beautifully fresh!

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

A male colleague walked passed me wearing this and I was like YOWZA! I literally stopped in my tracks and did one of those turn-on-a-dime moves to catch up with him and ask what he was wearing. :) His signature scent is Polo Black, which also smells incredible on him and I encouraged him to keep wearing this one, too, because he had the whole hallway leading to his office smelling like pure heaven.

VILFI
VILFI

The bottle looks less than great I admit but the important thing, the smell, is severly underrated by picky noses (sounds digusting right?).

I remember going to Poland for a trip and looking forward to the casual browsing through the duty shop. Outside my house, the cab driver opened the trunk and through the cold March air cut this urgent scent of sweet heaven, an immediate love. I marveled at the strength for such a fresh fragrance, they usually never project this strongly.

Well in the cab I felt like he had bathed in this, I asked him when he last applied it, he said about 5 hours ago. I was in disbelief, but anyway I asked him about what it was. He had to look up on his phone what the name was. He just remembered the bottle and described it in detail. Perhaps a good bottle after all? The name stood, Paco Rabanne - Invictus.

Had a field day smelling this on the duty free later on.

jardinedavies
jardinedavies

i love the scent, it lasts long on my skin and i get a lot of compliments from it

nickfromtino75
nickfromtino75

one of the most longer lasting fragrances of the world!
i know what i say for sure because i have lot in my collection and this one is an angry beast.
on my clothes stays over than one week...

spray_and_pray

Just bought a 2nd bottle. Excellent scent and excellent performance. Many are saying it is inoriginal but in the summer fragrance market there isn't much originality period. Theres only so many different notes you can use in a summer juic whereas fragrances of other seasons can use a much wider array of notes. Invictus to me is different than your traditional citrus/aquatic. I haven't smelt much like it. It out performs most juices when the market can barely produce fall/winter that perform let alone summer frags. All in all, this is a great causual scent for the warmer months. You could walk away from the fragrance counter with a lot worse of a fragrance

methodmike
methodmike

i dont undestand why so much haters on this perfume?i didnt see many haters on 1 million's page,even Invictus is far better than 1 million...you said it have a synthetic smell,ok so what,is it the first perfume in this situation? no,is not...i bet,that many of those who left a negative comment they have not even tried...so my advice,try first the perfume,and then comment.

lneleman
lneleman

Sure it smells synthetic, but is that really a bad thing. The scent is pleasant enough to not come across as repulsive. Furthermore longevity is excellent while the sillage is great aswell. It smells very similar to one million cologne, and women really like the smell. It does warrant a younger crowd, so I understand why most of the older fragrance fans despise this. And as always with Paco Rabanne, be wary of overspraying.

dariodp123
dariodp123

I'm always in doubt when I'm at the fragrance store. I tested it for like 10 times and I love it but I still don't own it. I think it's a bit overrated and nothing original 'cause 99% of my male friends owns it.

abram.laureles
abram.laureles

This is my first ever review on this site. I'm no professional but I love smelling great. This was my 3rd cologne that I purchased in a month after I became obsessed with smelling great. I have 1 million by Paco Rabanne and I loved the longevity so I figured it would be a good idea to try invictus.
Invictus is a really great cologne. I get lots of compliments with this one. The longevity on my skin is about 5 hrs to 6. On clothing over 10 hrs. The projection is great. I can be about 6 feet away and still be noticed by others due to the scent. I highly recommend this fragrance. You cannot go wrong with this one.
I give it a 9/10

saransh
saransh

im gonna be honest here and i know people will hate me for it but,
i love this one , not on me but on other people. and my gosh that scent trail is amazing. I've got a lot of compliments. wanna know why ? because its damn good.
so what if it smells synthetic everything in this world is made up of chemicals so we shouldn't bash a frag because it smells synthetic .

longevity
sillage
smell
8.5/10

i would buy it but i think my nose's ego won't allow me to get this one because it does smell like something everyone would wear

rcmirano
rcmirano

Great fragrance. My girlfriend likes it and she wears it.

mse-21:

You say it smells familiar but you can't quite place it?

Maybe Grape Kool-Aid and Skittles?

mse-21
mse-21

As a mainstream fragrance it's a very well done woody aquatic. It's fresh and warm at the same time and there is a strong auatic-floral facet to the scent on my skin. It smells familar to my nose but I can't nail any special fragrance saying this is similar to it.

Solid scent with good staying power and moderate silage. It didn't convince me to make a purchase and I specially don't like the bottle! Overall: 6 out of 10.

I wouldn't say Jacques Polge's kid is the king of synthetic. Lmao

GeorgeIGN98
GeorgeIGN98

Very synthetic,but who cares? Womens seems to love this... One of my most complimented fragrances !!!

dryckstan
dryckstan

This perfume is excellent! It has a fresh grapefruit scent that I can smell at the opening, I don't know why the others hate this one but for me it is one of the best perfume I'm using right now and I got alot of compliments with this perfume and the longevity is good on my skin it is like 6 hours, the sillage is a bomb! Love this one.

jaretz
jaretz

Got this sample at macy's.Typical desginer, with 1 hour longevity. Not even a skin scent after that just gone. A very light fresh fragrance but honestly smells like something a woman would wear its so light and fresh it just doesnt say manly to me and with the horrible performance i definitely wont be purchasing this.

TheFragranceAmateur
TheFragranceAmateur

An excellent spring/summer scent, Invictus is in my opinion mostly a victim of Paco Rabanne's marketing with its dumb looking bottle and annoying ads featuring a smug looking model. Despite the silly presentation, this comes off as a sportier and more wearable version of Paco Rabanne's superstar, One Million. This fragrance boasts a fresh, sweet, synthetic smelling aquatic/grape scent that draws in compliments for me like few others. I don't judge a book by its cover and think Invictus is a solid designer offering that is casual, fun, and just lifts your mood when wearing it.

Performance: 7.5 - This performs very well for a fresher scent, lasting around 8 hours with solid projection for 4.

Overall Scent: 8/10 - Invictus is undeserving of the hate it gets, mainly getting an unfair shake because of PR and how it markets to its target audience. Paco Rabanne is the master of loud, sweet scents that females tend to love and this one fits into their male fragrance lineup beautifully.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

This is a sweet smelling fragrance that people from Arabic speaking countries would love. Not very masculine, but women like it on men. It does smell generic sometimes, but again if you are from the Arabic speaking region of middle east you probably should give it a try because I don't think It would be offensive to your nose. If you like this fragrance you probably are a type of guy who likes to hang out with friends. You are either rich or play rich, somewhat easy going, not looking for any trouble. Your are probably a kind of person who can make people like him.

lordjohnknows
lordjohnknows

I totally understand the number of dislikes and negative reviews directed towards this fragrance, for some people it smells 'cheap', too generic, too sweet and minimum masculinity - that gentleman smell. but come on people this does not justify the 2.9 rating at all. the smell generated from this juice is pleasant and refreshing definitely not like 'whorehouse' type of smell in 1 millions if the right amount of spray is applied. 1 spray is enough I believe, anything more than that is going to be overwhelming and too dominant. give it some time, let it dry and believe me it smells sexy and very seductive! longevity and sillage from this juice is definitely amazing. only problem with this fragrance is the lack of versatility, it suits more for informal occasion. so don't be influence by the negative reviews and other's opinion, try it first peeps :)

Knife2
Knife2

Invictus smelled ok on paper strip. On my skin it was too sweet and floral. Not my kind of scent.

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

Got a spritz of this whilst in the store buying Olympea. Definitely not what I would have expected from a fragrance with a name like this. To me it smells almost fizzy (if that makes sense), reminded me of the smell of popping candy as a kid. Really tricky to describe.

One thing I know for a fact is, a girl I work with said it smells really good.

02098888

The performance of Invictus depends on how 'hot' the wearer is.
If you don't believe, just try it. Apply some of the juice on your chest( with about 30cm distance), then take a quick shower(don't rub your body or use shower gel, just let water flow through), let steam heat the juice up, then magic!

This is due to the ingredients definitely, ambergris needs your hot body to active.
After activating ambergris, it will enforce all other ingredients!
So I strongly recommend Invictus for those who's body is hot, or, wearing this fragrance in summer time. Just like the commercial demonstrate! Hot guys, please!

Let the heat to active this magic juice. Don't judge, just try it then you will find it.

bizzybazza
bizzybazza

overwhelming notes of sea and ambergris ,this is a powerhouse fragrance and you cant help but love it .....lets hope they dont mess with the formulation.
a blind buy for me and a sensual surprise that adds depth to my wardrobe

yummy

kuba
kuba

if you were disappointed by longevity of Euphoria Men then here we go!!!. In my opinion, Invictus and Euphoria Men smell alike but Invictus came to remedy the sloppiness of Euphoria Men which was slammed by its longevity of cheap fake cologne. Longevity is three days in my skin, scent is 5 star and silage is demonstrated by girls compliments.

spray_and_pray

We can all judge this fragrance based on 1 Million's popularity, Paco Rabanne's percieved "money hungry" mass marketing ploys, the young guns in the night clubs wearing this or we can judge Invictus on it's own merits. I choose the latter.

I am a huge 1 Million fan and will defend that fragrance based it's merits 'til the death but that has NOTHING to do with my purchase of Invictus. I initially avoided Invictus at first and am guilty of thinking this fragrance was made as an attempt by Paco Rabanne to reel in even more money off 1 Million's popularity. Of course, some people who purchased Invictus did infact do so because this is the house that produced 1 Million. There are many who did not. This is a big seller because the notes are good and the performance factor is there. Some people think this fragrance's notes purposely follow the same "sweet" blueprint that made 1 Million BUT it's not just 1 Million. Sweet and fresh are the market's trend. It's not just Paco Rabanne doing this. Basically every designer company is following this trend. The public loves this trend clearly. Girls love these scents and guys love these scents and the reaction they get for wearing these scents.

Isn't it those positive reactions that is the driving force of wearing fragrances? Noone wears disgusting scents knowing all they will recieve is negetive comments from doing so. Yes, there are scents that you may love as an individual knowing they are not popular but I bet that you don't wear them on a date or to the club or bar. Those are the scents you wear at home or wherever you spend your free time solo. Invictus on the other hand is one of those sure winners that you wear out when you want to increase your attractiveness. Humans are social creatures by nature and it is those postive social interactions that we thrive on. Scent has a major impact on your social interactions and any young guy out there that wears an unpopular scent when he goes out is nuts if he repeats his infraction. Wether your at the office, the grocery store, or your favorite night club/bar, girls don't give a damn if your fragrance is niche. They care about how good your fragrance smells. Bottom line.

Invictus is a lady killer period. It is fresh and unoffensive. The performance is A-1. I'm not saying that as a collector you must have this in your collection or that it will reach classic status. I'm not saying that it is unique or that it is a testament to the art of fragrance. All i'm saying is, for those all to important social situations, this is a sure bet that is worth owning.

Bottom line, don't judge this fragrance by the house that created it or the other fragrances they created. Judge Invictus by the postive reactions you recieve while wearing this. At the end of the day, fragrances are meant to be enjoyed by the wearer and those around them.

Danceswithscent
Danceswithscent

I don't have a lot of hate for this one. Smells similar to Polo Red, perhaps a bit less sweet, if that is even possible with this sugar bomb. I actually like the smell from a distance, the trail is quite good since it loses some sweetness and leans on more of the synthetic accords in the air. Where it fails at is on price. This is really out of whack with the scent. Nothing more than a ploy to separate cash from every up-sold douche bag that walks into Sephora. Quite as cast of perfumers created this, they are obviously hamstrung by the 1 million craze.

Onria
Onria

A very safe frag in my opinion, very sweet and fresh.
This smell has nostalgic elements for me.
An easy to wear frag, nothing overwhelming, nothing overly done.
In comparison to majority of my colognes, this one is no match for the fragrant weaponry I yield, so wearing this at work with very picky women who seem to whinge or comment whenever they smell something that is unusual, is a safe bet!

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

each time i go to the pharmacy i must spray from the tester the pharmacists are starting to give me this weird look (dude are you buying or not?) hehe but i love it the frag is decent and has a unique note so def my next purchase.

UPDATE: bought the 50ml. ok here's the thing, the scent is nice as in really nice but alas this was all hindered by its weak performance and projection. WEAK WEAK WEAK. Bad boy paco bad boy!

California 00
California 00

Tested this one out at Ulta store the other day.

I really don't understand the hate for this one. I had zero expectation prior to trying it out. Its not my first pick or my type of scent but it's not bad. It has a a sweet (almost bubblegum) smell so I can understand some not liking it.

Perhaps the rep at Ulta was trying to up-sell me but she swore many guys visiting into her location who tested out a few scents kept coming back to this one and ended up purchasing it.

Bottle design is a bit campy.

massmurderer
massmurderer

A deliberate commercial marketing creation in the vein of 1 Million that tried to use flamboyant packaging and bottle design to sell 25 and unders on its alleged sophistication conveyed in an overinflated MSRP. What you get is an overly sweet and synthetic plastic diabetes candy accord that pulsates loudly off the skin, making it completely unsuitable for summer day wear until it relaxes 30-45 minutes in and becomes a rather generic and very very standard citrus marine woods accord with a heavy dose of bay leaf thst is more of a gimmick and attempt of originality while at the same time a nod to the classic summer citrus aromatics of the 19th century.. Sadly the ambition was there in the concept but the execution fails loudly on both accounts. Yes, it lasts a long time, but so does Fendi's Acqua and it is a much better and more rounded fragrance thwt will get you far more compliments and a more variant and interesting wear. Prices on this are falling dramatically as Paco Rabanne's supply and demand enginerring tactics have been abandoned and their executives focus on the next big marketing bang we will likely see this fall. Try this one out a couple of times before buying, most peoole don't like it off the top but get used to it after a couple hours but don't find it adds much to their wardrobe and is too sweet and synthetic to be an everyday summer staple. Not as bad as some here are saying, but not nearly as good or as mediocre as the marketing campaign land packaging led us on to believe.

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

smells really nice, a very safe, formal to office casual scent. Woodsy and refreshing with a sweet head and cedar undertones make it a nice easy to pull of fragrance

elias.ben31
elias.ben31

As a fan of paco rabanne I really wanted to try and see what I think, overall I really like this fragrance, last up to 6 hours on me and have garner compliment while wearing. Its sweet-aquatic fragrance.that's my opinion i realy like this scent.

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

Pleasantly fresh, it plays safe. Ideal for daily wear and young men. It's not very unique, but in the other hand it has a clean feeling that I find apealing.
Discreet sillage and moderate longevity.

Beautiful fragrance!

Beautiful fragrance!

georgequeue
georgequeue

This is just an OK fragrance at most; it's nothing innovating or surprising, but a mainstream product for those who want to play it safe. Not a fan!

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

This smells good on different people..sweet for sure.

PhiladelphiaSnowboarder
PhiladelphiaSnowboarder

My most complimented fragrance! This 1 Million and Aventus get the most compliments.

KaitlynTara
KaitlynTara

I absolutely love this beautiful fragrance on my husband. Sexiest men's fragrance ever!

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

So, I've been wearing this for a few days now and, like the reviewer before me, I also don't understand why some have slammed this fragrance.

Without going into the details too much, this is definitely a fresh, shampoo type of smell, at least from what I get from it.

Talking salon style shampoo, not some generic watered down version of an expensive brand.

I've never mentioned something smelling like shampoo but for some reason, thats what I get from this.

I saw some say that this should have been a one million sport, and i think that would have been fitting.

Maybe some didn't like it because it kind of leans towards the synthetic style, but to me, if it smells good, it smells good.

Onto the people who have smelled it on me:

Nothing but compliments. Ladies that I work with have actually asked me to pass them by more than once to smell it again.

So, I guess when it comes down to it, to each his own.

Will I buy it again? Yes.

Is it something to go run out for? Eh, get a small one and you decide, or a sampler.

*Edit 6-9-2015*

I just noticed something, I don't know if it's just me or what but... does anyone else get a smell of chamomile tea on the dry down of this?

I'm noticing this this evening, it's a hot/humid night... still not bad but interesting lol

rnejad
rnejad

I got some samples of this knowing the bad reputation it had on here. After smelling it, I had to make sure I was smelling the same cologne that has a 2.8 on here. Have you guys gone mad? I don't see what all the hate is about. This smells great!

Ironically, I like this way more than Nautica Voyage, which is highly acclaimed in the fragrance community.

So what does it smell like?

It opens with mostly sea water. Not so much salt walter, but a very refreshing blue sea water that doesn't wreak of a synthetic vibe, whereas Nautica Voyage gives off a chlorinated pool water sort of aquatic smell. I don't get mandarin or grapefruit at all. The sea notes are complemented with a wet smelling Jasmine and some of the ginger sweet vibe you get out of YSL L'homme. You almost get a suntan lotion vibe out of it. Very beachy. I can see why some people compare the drydown to skittles, but it smells more refined.

As for what people might complain about: the projection is fairly strong and the opening might be too sweet for some. In fact, some might liken the opening to bubble gum.

Longevity and projection are excellent.

Maybe not worth owning at $60, but not something that deserves a 2.8 either.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

I like this on my husband, and so does he. But I find that the fragrances I love on men are some of the least popular men's fragrances on this site. Go figure.

victoria.mei1992

Bottle is amazing but smell not so much. The same banderas blue seduction, very cheap smell.

pgriff85
pgriff85

No idea what everyones problem with this is. I think its great. Performs really well too.

abj180

Pinnacos Obsessed Invictus Troll. Rinse and repeat.

Jizzoe78
Jizzoe78

It's a great fragrance, my wife picked it out for me cuz she liked it so I bought it so now every time I wear it I get compliments mostly by women though!!On the other hand I do like the way it smells I guess it's because I'm into sweet scents and manly scents the best of both worlds Congrats to me!

JustAverage
JustAverage

Got my invictus last week. I like this cologne, it's sweet and powerful, the girls like it. My brother hit it spot on when he said it smells like kool aid. I can see why the cologne veterans dislike this. It's like a new guy at the work place. He's not like you, you are refined, confident, but a bit weary due to maturity. He's young, bright, but not your cup of tea. The ladies like him. This isn't a complex scent, you won't ponder it's meaning on your wrists through out the day. People will notice you though, esp the opposite sex.

Kevin Kastman
Kevin Kastman

My signature! Beautiful scent and long lasting

zaetown
zaetown

We fume heads are constantly on a stretch for something deeper, richer,or just more complex. That is is why so many of us look towards the niche houses, but in doing so we feel that designer frags like Invictous just doesn't cut it for us which brings me to my point.

If you are looking for a fragrance that will appeal to and please the crowds(young ladies preferably) than this is a great fragrance for that because it does appeal to most women, may be not ALL but most of them.
To me this smell bubble gummy sweet and energetic.
Performance is good in projection at further than arms length. Not too heavy and last 7 to 8 hrs on my skin.

On the other hand if you're looking for a daring nose challenging scent for yourself to enjoy regardless of what other people think, than I won'ttell yyou to look else where but you will just have to discover this one yourself, "you just might like it"

Overall: 6/10

sameh
sameh

Invictus Paco Rabanne inspit of the negative or positive reviews , i gave it a fare try & simply i find it an OK fragrance not because it's Bad but because it's just similer to many in my very humble point of view , for me it's forgettable

Mansour Hamad
Mansour Hamad

I bought it today because I actually test it and smelled it, and did not believe these falls dislikes. anyway it's very fresh, clean and citrusy perfect for summer, longevity is 8+ and heavy sillage,to me I give it 8/10, and believe me don't you believe these dislikes if you didnt try it first, because you know there are a bunch of reviewers here who disliked, broke up notes, and reviewed fragrances didn't release yet, so to me there are no credibility to these votes anymore.

@BroomRider28

first of all thanks for the advice

i am not trying to defend a fragrance or a brand
but like you said it really gets on my nerves when some people try to make fun of your opinion
if you have something useful then by all means share it
and keep the sarcasm for yourself

BroomRider28
BroomRider28

@NOURNAGY,

One rule to always remember is never try to defend a fragrance or convince someone to like it.
In your case, the obvious response is to remind you that every one has different tastes, and regardless of how passionate you are about a cologne, some are going to dislike it.
But of course, trolls and haters of all ages are always going to saturate the internet, and their goal is to irritate and provoke anger.
I'm with you in believing that Invictus is a great fragrance, and I LOVE when my husband wears it.
Yes, it receives a lot of hate here at Fragrantica, but if you'll notice a lot of the hateful reviews are very, very similar, with the same misspelled words, the same tone and the same phrasing. One consideration is to realize that there are many trolls with multiple accounts here.
Also keep in mind that the same loose screws that bash a fragrance in an alarming, childish manner, will also attack you if you don't like one of their favorites. Just learn to spot the obvious signs and ignore them.
So, the bottom line is to keep on loving Invictus because it appeals to you, as well as many other fans.
Like I stated, I love when my husband wears it, and he gets a ton of compliments, from all sources, every time he does.

Pinnacos

Somebody actually considers this Grape Kool-Aid swill a masterpiece? ROFL Bless your heart, man.

NOURNAGY

I don't understand why all this hate
i bought this amazing perfume and it has very good projection and lasts for over 8 hours and you can wear it any time any season in any occasion and let me tell you women love it i mean come on what else do you want

i agree with people who said its a sporty version of 1 million but i am amazed that some people say this as a bad thing because 1 million is one the most successful fragrances of all time and add to it a bit of freshness and take a bit of sweetness you get this masterpiece

yes i said it haters MASTERPIECE

A nice scent. It smells comforting and common. Easy to accept from the first sniff. Suitable for professional and casual wears.

bgdi
bgdi

I don't understand why the hate towards this perfume. I like the way it suits every event, i like the fragrance and most of all, i like the longevity, given it is an EDT. So far, it's my all-time favorite.

The citrus notes are absolutely outstanding!

domcho
domcho

What? Just my LOVE

iwhiffwaft
iwhiffwaft

I find this largely confounding that people don't like this one. Why, because its so pleasant? Long lasting? Women dig it? Sure, you have to go easy on the sprayer with this one because its strong and lasts forever, but that's a good thing. I kind of think people are just drenching themselves in the stuff, so they find it off putting. I will warn people here, less is more with this one. This is awesome stuff when you realize its really, really strong and potent. Just a couple of sprays. I love that fact because most fragrances you really do have to spray a lot to get them to perform at a high level. Not this stuff, its strong. Its a sweet fresh woody type fragrance. Compliment getter. I haven't had women respond as strongly and positively to a fragrance since I can remember. I have a feeling this one is going to be huge over the coming years when that fact catches on. This is the kind of stuff you wear when you want everyone you are around to think you smell awesome. Now, its not challenging, or a complex note discerner's dream, but it does what a fragrance is supposed to do really, really well. It's new, so everyone and their dog isn't wearing it yet. I say grab this one and wear it until everyone else is, then find the next big thing.

bobz
bobz

i dont care what most people are saying for me it is a great perfume so i give it 9/10

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

The opening is very fresh, soft, a little sea notes. after about five minutes I hear the bay leaves that are combined with mandarin, grapefruit and marine notes but remains fairly strong projection (with 3-4 spray lasts 6 -7 hours on me), the bottom is ambergris, patchouli and oakmoss spanning all other notes .. it makes me feel energetic, young, fresh ..... overall I say that not a bad smell, so it may be simple, generic, etc .. but cmq not to hate, may be suitable for summer days, or the sun .. I do not know if I ever will buy this fragrance .. for now I have my sample, I'll see in the future whether to buy the bottle!

Sillage: 7.5/10

Overall: 7./10

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

I tried... bought this one and had to return it. I think this is probably made for High school kids. The mix seems to be wrong. It starts of with mild aquatic top notes that lack the punch or masculinity of Armani Aqua Di Gio, Bvlgari Aqua for Men or Versace Eau Fraiche. All of those are right around the same price point. This scent fades into a smell that is similar to 1 Million. 1 Million is definitely a scent with a clearer direction and better overall composition. However, Invictus is loud and the sillage does radiate.

mostafa88
mostafa88

یه کار خوشبو و تند و تیز بوی مرکباتي و دریایی خوبی داره خواص نیست ولی دوست داشتنيه.از نظر جنس مخالف هم کشش خوبی داره.نکته جالبش پخش و موندگاريشه.بسیار قوی

Alpha.Leonis
Alpha.Leonis

When I smelled this on the test strip I liked it enough that I asked for a sample. After applying it, I still liked it. The spicy and aromatic quality was enjoyable at first and honestly I still like that part of it because that part of it does seem quite 'fresh' even now, but this scent is strong and long lasting on my skin and after a few hours I started getting a headache from the very aspects that I enjoyed. When my girlfriend stopped by, I asked her what she thought and she said it smelled like AXE Bodyspray. After she left I washed it off as much as I could. Needless to say, I won't be buying a bottle of this.

zinski19901
zinski19901

I smelled this in store a while ago and thought it was one of the nicest fragrances I've ever smelled. I might pick one up sometime. Don't understand the hate and amount of dislikes on it either

morethanfarpastyonder
morethanfarpastyonder

A very welcoming, fresh, aquatic, and citrus scent, which will get compliments, especially from women. The other side of the coin is that for those who want something mature, unique, or refined, this is going to come across as synthetic and annoying. But Hating on this fragrance is to get upset at the guy at the club who gets the girls because he dances with everyone and is always smiling, and you decided that expensive clothes and being dark and mysterious would get you the same and didn’t.

A friend described this as being cool-watery, and at first it did to me. Then I received it as a gift and began to notice that there are subtle but noticeable changes throughout the day, and there is a very nice floral scent which seems to come and go among other little surprises. So, It’s not just a friendly dancing guy at the club, it’s a friendly dancing guy who speaks more than one language, is pretty smart, and is an all-around nice guy. Try it if fresh is what you want.

Kain
Kain

Considering all the dislikes and lots of bad things that I read* here about this fragrance, I was expecting something terrible!
But to be honest it's not a bad fragrance!
Actually I've tested much worse than this that people adore it!
This is a nice and pleasing fresh fruity and aquatic fragrance that is a good choice for casual use in spring and summer nights. (compliment getter for sure!)

The opening is a fresh and sweet fruity/citrusy scent with a sharp salty aquatic kind of feel mixed with it.
It's not something new and unique but it's pleasant and inoffensive.

As time passes I can smell less citruses and more and sweeter fruity notes plus a mellow floral aroma in the background. I can still feel that salty aquatic kind of feel but way smoother than the opening.
The sweetness is a little too much in the mid and base so personally I believe in the high heat and summer days it can get cloying but in summer nights it's OK.
Projection is good and longevity is around 6 hours on the skin.
I don't like the bottle but the juice inside is decent.

راستش با این همه دیسلایک و فحش و لعنت و نفرینی که پشت این عطر هست شخصا توقع یه چیز فاجعه رو داشتم اما صادقانه بخوام بگم اصلا عطر بدی نیست!!! یه کار شاداب میوه ای و اکواتیک که گزینه خوبیه برای استفاده دم دستی تو بهار و شبهای تابستون

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی شاداب و کمی ترش ولی بیشتر متمایل به شیرین میوه ای و مرکباتی شروع میشه که در کنارش یه حس شور و تند و تیز آب دریا مانند هم قرار داره
بوی خاص و جدیدی نداره اما خوشبو هست و بوی عامه پسند و قابل قبولی داره

با گذر زمان رایحه های مرکباتی ضعیفتر میشن و حس شادابیپ عطر کمتر میشه در حالی که حس میوه ای و شیرینی عطر افزایش پیدا میکنه و کمی هم رایحه های ضعیف گلها در حاشیه عطر به مشام میرسه. اون حس شور و دریایی رو هنوزم میشه حس کرد اما خیلی از اولش ملایمتره
شیرینی بوی عطر تو قسمت رایحه میانی و پایه به نظر من یه مقدار زیادتر از استاندارد عطرهای تابستونی هست و به طور حتم تو گرمای تابستون اذیت میکنه اما تو بهار که هوا کمی خنکه و شبهای تابستون میتونه انتخاب خوبی باشه
پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش هم حدود 6 ساعت روی پوست هست
از ظاهر شیشه اش اصلا خوشم نمیاد اما عطر داخلش بدک نیست و قابل قبوله

ThisGuyNose
ThisGuyNose

The amount of hate this fragrance gets on this site is just not reasonable. It's not amazing but it's definitely pleasant. There's something about the sea note that makes it smell fishy may be thats why

bondianflavor

Smells like a 126,000 pound male animal in heat. This might be due to Ambergris taken from the alpha male of the sperm whale species. Sex in a bottle.

Bretto66
Bretto66

Invictus is by far the worst perfume I have smelt in many many months possibly years!

hernie
hernie

And the Fifi for worst bottle EVER is for....INVICTUS!!

scentness
scentness

One of my favorites and most complimented colognes. Love it!

MusicalNotes

Where it says "this perfume reminds me of____________" I tried to figure out how to get a can of cheap American beer up there. Seriously. Why am I the only one who thinks this smells like beer? The girl at ULTA, upon my insistence that she smell it, concurred. It's like the bucket that you put under the tap that gets all the dirty, nasty, flat beer overspill. I am far from being an oud snob, either. I don't care about the packaging: just the contents. Beer.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

A fragrance from the noses of Anne Flipo, Olivier Polge and Dominique Ropion; A blend of citrus/sea top notes, flowery/leafy jasemine mid, and guaiac wood/patchouli/oak moss... Long lasting and phenomenal projection.

So whats the beef? It's popular and the bottle is tacky?

If this was more expensive and in a chic bottle, people would call it a masterpiece. Albeit a bit feminine, come on give it the credit it deserves.

abj180

You know you're doing something right when you have the same Poo Poo Oud niche snobs coming back to post there hate on this over and over again. The troll Pinnacos below me is a great example of this.

johnnyK
johnnyK

my 15 year old son wears this and he loves it, though I find it utterly repulsive. I dislike this one so much I told him I would buy him some alternatives if he would stop wearing this one.

Valerie K
Valerie K

Hey Kool-Aid! Oh,YEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!! However, I must admit its a cute fragrance.. Definitely for the 20's crowd..

gary.biswas
gary.biswas

I really don't get all the complaints. Considering that I live in India and during summers it can get up to 40 degrees Celsius, this fragrance is a winner. Even at the end of a hot and humid day, by which most fragrances are long gone, Invictus is pumping. Linear perhaps, but fresh and strong.

arsenal01
arsenal01

smells better than 90% of the groce oud shit being made + selling at 1/3 of the price....whats with all the complaints?

ltj559,

I'd say it's closer to the "overheated dumpster behind McDonalds" of fragrances.

ltj559
ltj559

This one is a bit of a mixed bag.

It's your basic citrusy aquatic with a woody background. Not done very exquisitely, and you can definitely tell it is synthetic. The McDonalds of fragrances.

But then again, there is a reason McDonalds is such a huge business. It does what it sets out to do. And so does this. Just because this isn't high class does not mean that it is bad. It is pleasing to the nose, and young girls seem to love this stuff. If you've ever owned a bottle of one-million, then you know how good a scent like this can get the job done.

Sure all the old stuffy guys out there who prefer to smell of oud and 40 year old mounted deer's head will tell you that this stuff is trash; but if you are a young guy, looking for a scent to wear to the club that will get you some attention from the ladies, then you can't go wrong with this

Stopher22
Stopher22

Invictus might just be genius.. A fresh fragrance which smells completely different than any other fresh fragrance that actually has character, good scent, lasts a long time.

For those who think it's just for people "following the trend" being a sheep or whatever, it could be for some yeah.

The only down side is the bottle, tacky yeah but who cares? You or people around you won't be smelling the bottle, they'll be smelling you. Lol

But has it not occurred to you that 1 Million & Invictus are basically the leading fragrances now because they are NICE?!

Rolfii,

I'm betting she wasn't anywhere close to sober.

rolfii
rolfii

the only fragrance that got me a solid compliment in the club. we actually made out afterwards ;)

houstcs
houstcs

if I didn't have two kids I would take another shower. smells cheap and pedestrian. Im sure my wife will like it, not having a passion for fragrances.

yidansheng
yidansheng

a tropical drink with crushed mint leaves, a breeze of cool summer sea, a man with freshly laundered linen enjoying the beach.

thepro25
thepro25

Its a harsh smell something cheap smelling from a can.

snifferdogx
snifferdogx

Truly repugnant, harshly synthetic slap-together of really outdated 90s style aquatic notes mixed with some even more harshly synthetic spices/woods that sit like a square peg in a round hole.

No doubt it'll appeal to the young ones who think that anything "fresh" is great.

Olivier Polge really needs to disavow himself of being involved in the creation of this monstrosity.

navid.tavallaieshirazi
navid.tavallaieshirazi

Its scrumptious for me, unique and decent Scent, i love it.

Ioub
Ioub

my personal opinion i will say this fragrance is for old men's +40 i dont like this kind of smell :(

bondianflavor

When I first sniffed this cologne, I didn't like it. On a second try, it occurred to me how rich masculine and debonair this scent is. Maybe I didn't inhale deeply enough the first time and let this scent settle long enough to take it in. The first whiff was very musky and immediately repelled me. The second try, which occurred hours later, was like a revelation. This is the most masculine, nocturnal, dark, and magnetic scent I have ever smelt. Buy it.

victoria.mei1992

It smells similar to Antonio Banderas blue but like a lot of lavender inside.

rumtumtugger
rumtumtugger

Despite what may accompany it, Invictus is just another Ambrocenide bomb:

Very effective in catching attention (buy it, if this is the only thing you are after). It might really be unbeatable in that aspect.

At the same time Ambrocenide (or maybe Trimofix or something) suffocates all the other notes. It like a muscular guy thinking "Education is important, but biceps is importanter!"

By the way, there are people who are very little sensitive to Ambrocenide. For them it might be great smelling, but they'll offend others noses by wearing it.

Edit May 2015: I just read that Invictus contains the ambery smelling chemicals Operanide and Amber Xtreme, and I guess this (and not Ambrocenide) makes probably the main effect in Invictus.

majid9001
majid9001

I don't understand all of the dislikes here. It is not a masterpiece. But a very good fragrance for clubbing or even office. The scent is fine and original in some aspects.
I'm not a fan of sweet scents but i really liked this one. On my skin most perfumes don't last more than 6 hours but invictus is in +8 hours club!
Projection is good in first 4 hours.
I'll give it 8/10 overal

Pinnacos

Cheap, synthetic, sugary bilge water aimed toward easily impressionable high school kids and 20-somethings with zero taste. Look for it soon in the 80% off bins at TJ Maxx.

chupadino
chupadino

Don't know which i like the least, invictus or one million. Don't be fooled by the woody notes, they'll only last for 5 minutes and then the good old generic smell is back. GG paco rabanne.

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

You will get a cheaper price and same smell and sillage with
Guess Seductive..
But very average smell and quality whatsoever is your choice..
Worth make yourself a favour and pass this one.

sly_92
sly_92

A truly Powerful Scent! It gives you a SHOCK then it says... "hurry up, buy me before you change your mind"!!
This perfume changes Obviously with time. I donno how to say it, but it's like u wear a perfume for 5 minutes, then change it with another perfume, and then a 3rd perfume is there after an hour or so. Must try b4 buying & cannot be worn all day ! BECAREFUL!

ronjeremyisgod
ronjeremyisgod

Just like when Black XS or one million came out it's worth the price and delivers. This is a great contrast between all the others of Paco Rabannes brand in my collection as I'm sort of a fan boy. If you're a fan of his colognes at least try it out. I'm no expert on colgones as people will see in my review but I know what I like. I don't understand why there is such a dislike for this. This makes my Theirry Mugler Angel the flat black one with the blue star look like garbage, any CK last about as long as dollar store cologne, In my opinion it's 10x better then any over used and totally original musk which companies like Ed Hardy and English Laundry still spew out.

Defintely for someone in high school to someone around 30. It's sweet but not overwhelmingly where it hurts the nose or brain. It gently goes up your nostrils and ends on a very bright, the grapefruits there and it's somewhat spicy. It's bright purpleish color does the cologne justice too as I've had lots of stuff that is this color and I don't intetionally go out of my way to get bright purple stuff as samples or testers are always a given. It's sort of like if Jay Z Gold or that bright purple david beckham with a little more sophistication where you can spray lots of it on and get away with it. I'm sure it'll last as long as one million or any variant of black XS and that is why I went with it over a bottle of Bang by marc jacobs on echo bay. If this didn't exist I would have went with ferenheit (dior) or give aqua de gio another shot if I could get a sample.

Neo Ramaphoko
Neo Ramaphoko

who ever incorporated invinctus was lazy hey , unique smell yes but lasts for like whaaaat?? 3 hours??? you put the cologne on your skin and when you sweat it raises again thats so kool about it. But!! , mmmmmmm it doesn't bring me any women so 5/10 for me. I REP! (South Africa Baby)

lil_taul

i don't understand what the hate is about. i got mines off fragrancenet. its sooo good. but soon as u walk in a department store, this is the main cologne they tryin to sell u. everybody loves it i been around. i love it and ima rock it

ausamamira
ausamamira

cloyingly sweet.... toffee like smell .... over for my taste....

dmirror
dmirror

This is definitely a young guy scent or a outgoing youthful 40+y.o. first time I smelled this scent it was way too sweet for me but I recently went into the store smelled it again and its actually decent once it gets to the dry down smells kind of like a charms blow pop or fruit flavored rock candy or pop rocks that's why for younger guys this scent could work highschool up to college I'd imagine all the younger ladies would like this it smells like candy its none offensive if its not over applied this scent kind off reminds me of diesel only the brave & fuel for life

Update: this becomes more and more likeable each time I try it anyways I tried it again for the fourth time but this time on my skin and its good I like it I'm usually not a big fan of heavy sweet fragrances but this one is good its not a sweet spicy one though more like sweet but fresh after it sits on your skin for about 20min to 30min it mellows out. last the longevity and projection is great 7/10 try it out on your skin and yeah I keep coming across it cause at most stores its selling good so the fragrance department sales people pretty much force it on you when walking through at Macy's and Carson's

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

It's very average at best. It reminds me a lot of 1 million. What I really dislike is how stupid the packaging is. The packaging is a cross between a plastic kid's toy and those bowls you put beta fish in. 1 million's packaging is not as bad but I'd get that before I'd get this. Id say it's a pass.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Invictus takes part in a massive trend the later years: The fresh woody meant for a younger audience.

The variation here is the supposed marine note at the top and the guaiac wood instead of the eternal cedar-/sandalwood at the bottom. I say supposed because the advertised fresh marine quality unfortunately drownes in sweetness, at least for me.

The rest of the fragrance is allright. I would say it is for casual wear, for guys not older than 25.

ScottyVizz

It's hard to pin what this actually smells like. It's a mash of notes that don't usually get paired together so as a result it comes off as a mix between potpourri and men's deodorant. On the contrary, it smells really nice; yummy, sweet, playful. Another plus is that it lasts forever. Just like 1 Million, it cuts through the air and makes a strong presence.

arenee92
arenee92

Don't know why everyone seems to dislike this one! My boyfriend just got this for christmas, and it isn't bad. I prefer his signature (armani code), but this is nice, too. Woody, slightly sweet, and citrusy. Nothing spectacular, maybe, but a nice fragrance.

bronstein
bronstein

I wonder whether there will ever be a fragrance by Paco Rabanne that I am able to enjoy. This one is just another mediocre exercise that borrows from this and that, but has neither character nor anything sensual to it. Average stuff for the average young man who is afraid of his own personality and hence lacks originality.

Blue Saint
Blue Saint

I've owned Invictus for almost a week now and It's not as bad as most people think. It's a scent for younger people and it does smell fresh but maybe a little bit to o sweet. The dry down however is great but not as good as its competetitors. It smells great on my skin and I get compliments from girls my age (older teens). So if you're young and want to get a fragrance that's not One Million but still be successful with the ladies then this is the one to go with.

The scent smells like grapefruit at the start and then it turns into a sweeter smell. It's recognizeable and not unique in any way but you will get noticed (old people will hate you and younger people will love you). I think the scent is good and thus far the only one that have disliked/hated it is my mom who said it was a synthetic mess and smells too loud.

Scent gets a 8/10 from me.

It feels like it lasts forever... but sometimes it disappears so quickly. This lowers the longeivety down from a 10 to a 9/10.

I get plenty of compliments but also some hate. But overall I would say that it's not a crazy compliment getter but not bad at all. 7/10

Just smell it, ask a girl to smell the dry down and most of the times she will like it. If you're in your late teens then I recommend you to buy this one. If you're not, then don't buy it.

Overall I would give it a 4/10 for people who're not 18-21 years old and a 8,5/10 for people who are.

vitolezio
vitolezio

Love it....smells sweet but fresh, good for winter but still wearable on summer. Longevity is 4 to 5 on me

GRAF
GRAF

Very sweet and spicy simultaneously. It is a very strong scent that annoy my nose. The longevity and the sillage are moderate. I don’t think of buying it again.

soned
soned

Have a few small testers of this one. This one is not as bad as some people say, but is not very good either. Starts with a very sweet jolly ranchers grape candy vibe. At some point, it became a laundry detergent kind of smell, still trying to figure out which one. Then ende with the sae grape vibe, but like a grape soda instead of candy.

Lasts a long time, and projects very well. Very fresh. But One Million is much much better.

EDIT: Now, this is weird. My original impression came from small vials, the samples they give you in stores. There was a local perfume store who had the 3.4 for 40US. Checked the code, and the bottle was manufactured in December 2014. Bought it, just to.....doble check. It's different, still sweet, but does not have that laundry detergent feel. Much smoother than the testers. Lasts and projects like if next day it's going to be the end of the world as de know it. Scary part is... women like the darn thing. Reformulated already?.

craniumbash
craniumbash

Smelt is today, reminds me of shower gel/a certain body spray that I had(can't remember the name)/ and several other fragrances that I have smelt before. This is not bad at but not something exciting either. Maybe a good starter scent.

Guys,

Now we have crazy cat ladies who wear $300 perfumes coming here to bash this scent. Jimmies are rustled big time. I thought Chanel Bleu got a lot of hate. Wow. Sniffles.

Vincentium
Vincentium

...ambergris, i was sure it's Ropion (take notice, it's not just anyone!) as for the rest of the reviews, why so hateful?

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Generic crap. Another brick on the wall.

Anas Ali
Anas Ali

no matter what people say this what aqua marine should have smelled , i love it
its simple , pleasent , decent longivty and decent sillage

calyx93
calyx93

generic and highly unoriginal - like a thousand that came before it.

ian85

Definitively a bad one, whoever we are, snob or not...

abj180

Don't listen to people like Pinnacos.

Look at snob boys collection below me. Loser is just looking for attention. Yeah you'll see this at TJ maxx the same time you'll see One Million their. Which is never. Such richness such natural, such pooooooo oud - they've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Adam300691
Adam300691

Smells like a type of sweet or candy if i put too much on, has to be a tiny amount otherwise i get a headache.

Smells amazing though, in small doses, and all compliments have described the scent as sexy.

Great smell this is indeed, wouldnt so much class it as a marine though, i just cant put my nose on it!

Lasts a hell of a long time for me, put on before work - 7am and i can still smell it when i get home at 5:30pm - without any re-application

8/10!

Toogle
Toogle

Not amazing or something but when the opennig it's fresh and fruity, i tought it will become like mont blanc legend..
When dry down, woody part is coming but little syntetic, you will not feel like rainforest or something.

longevity: 8/10
Sillage : 7/10
bottle desing: 9 it's really looking funny on shelf:)

rafiqi
rafiqi

its a birthday present from my wife.. to me smells great... just like others paco collections such as 1 million and so. i thought invictus better than 1 million. got few compliment when i i tried it fist day when i got it from my wife.. in sum she really understand me in perfumery

vmann393
vmann393

This is one I wanted to try so much and finally tried it its a really pleasant scent I appreciate it for what it is. Its took a lot of stick this has and really .... It shouldn't its a scent that will cover you all seasons in my view opening is really nice with that aquatic sea note. And the Grapefruit and Bay leaf is really well combined in hear longevity is good i get a good 8 plus hours. Compliments really hit me with this one I got 3 compliments in one day with this that's very impressive and will get you noticed

Scent 10

longevity 9

Projection 10

Overall 10

Enigmatic.777
Enigmatic.777

This is a powerhouse & I love it very much. Projection is very strong & longevity is a monster. When applied on my neck & chest (each only 1 spray ), I can still smell it after 12 hrs & even while taking a shower the next day !!

You'll surely get compliments based on my experienced as i do get a lot when i wear this.

I can't understand why lot of people hate it as I find it a truly amazing frag. But at the same time I respect their opinion if they simply not like it.

ethanfp582
ethanfp582

This is absolutely the only website where this stuff gets a bad review. The start is pretty overpowering, and then, once it dries down, it is absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention that it lasts like 9 hours minimum. Very nice. Perfect for every occasion. I think even a confident woman will be able to pull this off. I think that it is much better than one million, much more masculine. Because it is so strong, you don't use as much. When you don't use as much, it lasts longer. You will be smelling your wrists all damn day. The ladies love it as well, like 7 compliments a day.
Great juice :P

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

This one is really sweet, fresh, woody and long lasting but the sillage is just moderate so i give it 8.5/10

christian_yang
christian_yang

It's a great fragrance! But to sum it up it's a grapefruit 1 million. Instead of that powdery bubblegum and cinnamon you get a powdery grapefruit.

John Mason
John Mason

I spray this on paper and smell it.
Calone.
Synthetic. Somewhat fruity sweetness.
Calone.
Boozy freshnes of overpriced, overly advertised colognes.
More Calone.
Hint of ambergris mixed with Calone.
Calone.
Unconquered (indeed!) in its synthetic blast of chemicals.
Calone.
For those men with simple taste in fragrances.
Recommend buying this for a friend you dislike.

MeThePerson

Regardless of how you feel about imagery and advertising, Invictus is still a winning fragrance that fitted the brief of a bittersweet, magnetic and sensual head turner. One of those that has something about it that is noticeable, because you don't think it should work, but it does!

chrtaylor76
chrtaylor76

I don't understand all the hate that this fragrance has received...I am truly enjoying this one... Every time I wear this one it never fails to get a compliment...In terms of synthetic every designer fragrance is synthetic...I believe that all fragrances in terms of scent is ones personal preference..there is no right or wrong answers here...Just like some think that Rodriguez for Him cologne smells good and the fragrance community loves it but I personally can't stand it...just food for thought...

davna
davna

If you can find La Rive brand, try La Rive Brave Man. 100ml for about USD 9 only. This is Invictus twin brother. For me, it got the same taste. Even the juice's colour is the same, just try it. I got 6+ hours of longevity with this Brave Man.
(",)

lil_taul

Either it smells good or it dont. And dis is da bomb. ALLLLLL da women love it

KIDKID
KIDKID

An option, mas, in summer. Fresh air, a citric exit that prevails all the time with something of laurel, is everything what I emphasize. Linear and generic, but his aroma is agreeable, good projection and longevity, approximately 7 hours in my skin. Slightly different in Alpaca Rabanne a fragrance amaderada aquatic. I recommend her to you with high temperatures. He remembers that it happens in my skin and they all are diferentas. My cordial greeting from Argentina.

zeb
zeb

another bottle act from paco rabanne. 1 million is a good one yes, we all know it. but half of its success is coming from the name and the bottle of the fragrance. so paco rabanne is doing the same thing i think.
sea notes are really weak, and after some time all i get is olive smell :) maybe its because of the bay leaves but the olive smell is so intense and i don't want my husband to smell like sth we eat.

Ravisto
Ravisto

I sampled this recently, and the opening of this fragrance is fresh, aquatic and very sweet. Looking at the notes I wonder where the sweetness comes from... rotting grapefruit and oranges?

And then it drys down to er nothing... the scent was gone after an hour! Maybe its just my skin, but I was shocked by the performance.

I hope this lasts longer for other people... for me its an easy pass
The sillage seemed ok for the short while it lasted and longevity was very poor.

Sweet fresh fragrance that I need to reapply every hour or so.
Scent : 12/20
Longevity : 1/10
Projection : 6/10

Total : 4.75/10 ... Not Paco Rabanne's best.

Searro
Searro

A thankful departure from Paco Rabanne's metallic, flat 1 Millon, this new fragrance presents a refreshingly sweet, non-musky men's eau de toilette. Almost immediately, I'm reminded of Giorgio Emporio's Diamonds; a brisk, lightly oceanic and modernist scent which follows the new wave of masculine fragrances, catapulted into popularity in the mid-1990's by designers such as Giorgio Armani and Jean-Paul Gaultier.

Although the spray bottle is far from subtle, the citrus-accented formula radiates attractively without knocking over a goddamn horse.. A great aspect the gentlemen can appreciate is it's ageless composition, able to be worn by collegiates as well as retirees with equal refinement and sex appeal. Yes, I said sex-appeal. Two quick sprays of Invictus to my jugular, and within fifteen minutes I'd received five compliments from random strangers--mostly women--while shopping in our mall!

Another perk of this fragrance, is the minimal, Sea Breeze-esque drydown you're left with after a few hours. It's initial potency will take you through two to three hours, but the gentle, clean afterglow stays for nearly a DAY--something I'd rarely expect from any of Paco Rabanne's cloying, abrasive men's fragrances. It's a tad pricey for an eau de toilette, but one of the contemporary designer sprays that exemplify a new, fresh-faced genre of sophistication in today's top-selling fragrance market.

abj180

A lot of critics are lazy. They don't want to look closely and analyze something for what it is. They take a quick first impression and then rush to compare it to something they've seen before. - Willem Dafoe

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Paco Rabanne does yet another variation of Cool Water, this time opting for a spin on the damp woody citrus theme using unconscionably synthetic and overly-sweetened fruits over a bland vanillic amber of no distinction. The result is a fragrance that smells good in a laundry-clean hand-soapy sort of way, but it makes me yearn for the more rugged originals, Drakkar, CW, GIT, even Aspen. Invictus is like those scents, but dressed like David Arquette with a Justin Bieber haircut. No thanks.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Had a spray the other day and I have to say, I don't really like this - I find it quite cloying, synthetic and sickly. I notice it has been compared with Wings. In my opinion, Wings is much nicer and fresher in my opinion...and much cheaper!

fiouu
fiouu

Very generic and uncomfortable scent. I feel aggravated by it's presence, cheap. I'm a girl and I'd rather have my guys wear Guerlain, YSL or Dior, I like them to smell manly. This could pass as a girly scent, what a butch lesbo would wear. No T no shade.
Also, Just to add a little note, HERE on pages of mainstream perfume reviews is where you can take apart the hardcore perfumistas and massive consumers. On one side the massive consumers are like "but wait this is Good, it's fresh it's sweet" and on the other hand you get "it's sweet, chemical and mediocre".
Well sorry to bring your worlds down, but in mainstream releases you'll hardly EVER find good quality sinthetics, and even harder would be to find an inch of inspiration When nowdays the releases are mainly dictated by what the younger or the massive consumers want. Why do you think that One Million is the top selling perfume for man? Although it's a mess, not well blended and overwhelmingly OBNOXIOUS. the only important thing is the massive appeal. Sucks because you end up wearing "dated" perfumes (I preffer the term legendary but whatevs). Woman (or girls) like this because it's very ehm, regular smelling. And they Will probably rave about it. And When they do ask them what their favorite femenine perfume is. I'll give you the answers real quickly: Pink sugar, Black Opium, Black XS, la vie est belle, flowerbomb, armani si, Roberto cavalli, jimmy choo, viva la juicy, any other mediocre sugar bomb out there. Sweetbombs and repetitive formulas are the trendy thing to sell now, so brace yourselves, because it's going to stick around for a long while.
Now If you excuse me I'll allow my eyeballs to roll into oblivion while reading the douchetastic reviews of People that stand up for this fragrance, you know, As a "fat and unathletic perfume snob" (aparently because I did not like this perfume) would do. Deuces

Loewengel
Loewengel

I agree with Le Coeur.I live in México, in an all-year-round warm beach town, and the supposed marine notes of Invictus have nothing to do with the smells that fill the air early morning or at sunset and night when I take a walk along the beach avenue. First time I ever smelled Invictus, I was in a gym and could easily discovered the guy wearing it, and it smelled sweet, floral and fuity to me, so I had to approach him and asked him the name of the fragrance, obviously, he was sweating and maybe the aroma changed because of his skin ph. Months later, I smelled it on a piece of paper and it was like a nose-piercing candy blast, and stayed that way for about an hour. I found it very sweet and dry, synthetic. Not my type of fragrance even when I love XS by Paco Rabbane.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

Four figures enter the lab. One of them is Dominique Ropion. Dominique Ropion for chrissakes! He has created Ysatis... And Amarige... And Kenzo's Jungles... And Krazy Krizia...
He's surrounded by three other perfumers. They have not created anything near as legendary, partially because they're younger, but since they were chosen by the master, it can't be, they must be of some considerable worth and potential.
The perfume world is holding its breath.
And after what seems to be a strenuous effort of taming the extracts, the resins and the oils, an effort from which nothing less than a masterpiece should be expected, they give us...Invictus.
...
Really guys? No, I'm serious, really? Did this storm in a teacup really require the combined efforts of four to create it?
It's not a horrendous fragrance per se, but come on! I could make a better scent in an afternoon.
"But... But this marvellous blast of marine notes topped with delicious grapefruit and crowned with laurel..."
Yeah, right...
Believe me, I know of marine notes, I'm from Greece. These are not marine notes. This is a chemical mess! Not a single person who lives by the sea would perceive this cacophony as "marine". And if the laurel was a hint about its ancient use of wreathing champions with it, it's unfortunately only the grapefruit's bitterness that leaves its aftertaste in the end. And I don't mean in olfactory terms...
And Invictus? For reals? Who were its opponents during its struggle to the title? Nothingness and complete incompetence? It wouldn't last a single round against any of the dudes of Paco Rabanne's glorious past. And I don't mean 1 Million, cause it wouldn't stand a chance against it either.
As for its bottle, unless it's a joke, it's kitsch redefined. It reminds me of something "Made in an Asian sweatshop" that could be found in a souvenir shop with "You are the champ!" written on it. Or a promotional table lighter on the desk of an underground car repair shop. Made in an Asian sweatshop as well.
Oh wait! Wasn't it Avon that paved the way for funny looking bottles? At least Avon bottles achieved a certain cult status over time, while this bloody poseur seems to really expect us to be stunned by its gravitas right from the start.
And to add insult to injury, three out of four noses did the same with Burberry's Brit Rhythm, another benchmark of mediocrity and "forgotten in a heartbeat" quality. In the same year! The whole thing reminds me of some travelling sideshow, blaring about the wonders you'll behold by entering its tent, but all you'll see by doing so, are some miserable fake monsters made of plaster and badly painted. I guess Veronique Nyberg had some dignity left and jumped off the caravan before its downward spiral hit the bottom...
The only positive thing about it is that it spares me the chore of writing a review for Burberry's Brit Rhythm (what an "inspired" name!), cause by simply reversing the names and subtracting Veronique Nyberg from this unholy equation, there, you have it already!

P.S.: I'm sure that some younger readers will go livid on me, but I'm afraid I can't stress enough how someone who has smelled Paco Rabanne pour Homme and Ténéré in their heyday feels about today's releases...

bp
bp

Powerful freshness.
A great scent at all levels.
One of the best creations of recent times.
Again Paco Rabanne not disappoint and throws a perfect perfume.
Congratulations to everyone involved in creating this perfume.
I highly recommend.

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

I tried this at Nordstrom today. Initially I just thought it was too sweet and synthetic...that initial opinion changed as I wore it for a while.

This one is one of the first scrubbers I have experienced in a while. Cloying, vile, nasty stuff. I do have to credit it with tenacity; it did not want to cone off.

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

It's an OK fragrance, maybe it can be pleasant and you can get attention from women if you wear it... But, come on! Can you believe this average citrusy juice is the working result of 4 expert noses? Meh!

abj180

@Minimalist. Women Wal Mart Bargain Bra shoppers? Satellite of a Man? Sounds like some interesting deep personal issues you've got there. Good luck with all that.

minimalist
minimalist

When people say Ladies love it, I wonder which kind of "Ladies" they're talking about.
Those ones at Wal Mart compulsively buying six packs and bargain bras? or maybe those ones whose only aim in life is being the perfect satellite of a man?

brucifer
brucifer

Invictus is well... alright. Not great just alright. Fresh and clean for hot summer days. I hear people saying the ladies love it. So guess that's a plus. However I do think there are better options out there. Not sure it deserves as much hate as its getting though. I tested Antonio Banderas King of Seduction recently and thats a better and even cheaper alternative to this.

abj180

It's crazy that the majority of Colognes the ladies love or prefer on guys get the most hate on here. I wonder what that means??

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It opens with that horrible, synthetic, not at all convincing grapefruit note I have smelled way too often in modern mainstream perfumery (Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose gets grapefruit right - this one doesn't), and closes with an equally annoying marine scent that sours on me very quickly.

This stuff is nasty and repulsive, cheap-smelling and common. It's a cacophony of unfortunate ingredients. And, what's more, its mother dressed it funny in a silly bottle that looks like the little plastic "just being there" awards my kids used to bring home from elementary school.

Paugh.

("Haters gotta hate." Translation: "I don't agree with you." Can we please retire this phrase?)

The Barber
The Barber

Not my typical scent of choice, nor is it a fragrance my age group (35-40)is "supposed" to wear, but I quite like this! I also enjoy 1million. More importantly, my Wife really likes both. True, it reminds me of a number of other colognes, but honestly how many colognes do not? There are but so many notes of which to create a song. The bottle is a bit silly, (no more strange than a mans torso shaped bottle in a soup can)but it makes it easy to locate on my shelves.

One quick spray on the back of my neck, and in the 6plus hours I've been wearing it, I received at least 10 compliments.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Agree with sparky. In my brief exposure to it, it was an ever-noticeable and unique scent sure to catch someones attention and Not in a bad way. I dont know if this is quite as good as Pacos 1Million which has encouraged many imitators A young mans clubbing scent. This will grab attention for better worse. Women who love their men smelling like a synthetic citrus bomb mixed with other unique notes wont mind at all. Packaging is tacky but creative and clearly marketed to those who always wanted to feel like a champ. Wouldnt be surprised to see this in a discount store in 2-3 years. This scent reminds me in many ways of I Am King by Sean John.

sparky910
sparky910

I've come to the conclusion that Paco Rabanne is the PewDiePie of fragrance houses. It's extremely popular and receives unwarranted amounts of hate because of that. I like this stuff and 1 Million. They aren't my favorite scents of all time, but that doesn't mean they suck. It deserves better reviews but it won't because it's in the spotlight too much. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I would have to count myself among the minority on this one. I actually rather like it. I do see the similarities with Wings (which I don't like incidentally) but minus the irritating notes (don't ask me what they are specifically because I haven't a clue). At any rate the detour that Invictus takes from Wings is a nice woody aura on the drydown. I get a bit of a sandalwood vibe that is pleasant. The longevity is above average and the projection is modestly soft but detectable. I do see some similarity with 1 Million but this is better IMO. And as stated by many others before me, the bottle is pretty atrocious but I don't wear the bottle so no big deal, right? I have smelled a few other Paco Rabanne fragrances and this has been the first one that I can say that I like.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

From the sickly chemical concoction on the inside to the tacky Fisher-Price bottle on the outside, with this abomination there are no winners.

Invictus?

More like Inflict Us!

WhoNose
WhoNose

Clean, fresh, fruity fragrance that actually performs well. Nice.

businessmartinez
businessmartinez

I do not know why their are so many bad reviews, perhaps these other individuals got fakes, or got a bad batch. While this is not my personal favorite, I can say that the ladies love it, this scent has generated 6-8 compliments from females in my age group 18-23 in about a 3 week period of wearing it. I keeping wearing it cause I know it's a treat for the ladies. And I don't mind the positive attention.

Dioguh

This one is like apple's phones, everyone knows that they don't worth the price, but everyone buys one!

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Paco Rabanne has finally outdone himself! He has somehow managed to produce a fragrance that is even worse than 1 Million. Despite sharing a name with one of the most excellent poems of all time, Invictus is cloyingly sweet, gratingly synthetic, and in the end, reminiscent of Axe/Lynx body spray. Worse still, the composition would be utterly forgettable were it not so brash.

As for presentation, the bottle may be considered a marginal improvement over the ludicrously false luxury represented by 1 Million's gold bar. However, prospective buyers should keep in mind that by purchasing Invictus, they are actually paying for a trophy - a hideous trophy that represents nothing more than the sad triumph of mass materialism over perfumery as an art.

Shameless on all accounts.

Avoid at all costs.

braindead83
braindead83

This is very generic,stale, and predictable.

Nothing unique or refined about this new release.

You would think with such a name and bottle design this would be something which truly holds its own against others.

The bottle is cheap and tacky also.

MusicalNotes

I sprayed this at Ulta today. Pure, partially flat, American beer. NASTY.

EddieGravity
EddieGravity

This scent deserves more love! It smells like bubblegum that has been lightly sprinkled with spice. Sweet, in the same family as Black XS and 1 Million. Strong. Synthetic. BUT, the ladies LOVE it.

Sillage is strong for about the first 30 mins to an hour, then it sits moderately on the skin. I wish it lasted longer, as on my skin i get about 3-4 hours.

It was a hot day in august when I first wore a sample. I just sat next to this older woman as the bus was moving. She asked me what I was wearing and I said, "Invictus, by Paco Rabanne". She replied with "Oh wow! That's amazing!" It was the best compliment I have ever recieved from a scent I wore, and it was Invictus.

I decided to test it out with younger ladies, so i sprayed some on my arm, and asked 5 ladies from my work all ranging from 20-30 years old. They all replied with "That's nice!" I mean it. 5 out of 5 ladies all said the same thing when they smelled it! Then proceeded to ask what it was. One girl was like "If you wore this everyday, I'd totally be down for you," and winked.

It's one of those fragrances that you might not enjoy yourself, but the ladies do love!

Try testing it out for yourself!

sawyer82
sawyer82

The opening is not bad for me, is fresh, very synthetic, nothing new, but acceptable.

The problem comes after 10 minutes... the fragrance becomes more and more synthetic, really messy, it's like to put 4 fragrances in the same bottle(3 feminine and 1 masculine) and shake it. Et voilà, you have a chemical bomb, a headache inducer, and a bit of stomach revolting. Now I uderstand why this fragrance was created by 4 noses.

If you read my previous reviews you may notice I have nothing against to synthetic fragrances, I really enjoy fragrances like Fierce or Light Blue. I'm not a niche fanboy like a reviewer said some posts down. But this... this is synthetic in a very bad way.

And I have nothing against to people who likes this, if you like it buy it, but test it a couple of times and wait for the drydown, please. My fist impression wasn't that bad.

Manny44
Manny44

Nice designer fragrance for young people. I don't hate it one bit and would even wear it myself ( I'm 35 )
if i received it as a gift. Young men could do much worse imo.

hollyms
hollyms

Why such hate? I smelled this today and thought it was so incredibly sexy. I'd LOVE to smell it on my man. Passed it to my mom and she fell for it too. Guys, wear this, it's so delicious.

reboulenorellana
reboulenorellana

Awful fragrance from paco rabanne, nothing special, smells like a bad experiment. One of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled in my life

Glockaveli
Glockaveli

I personally love this cologne. It doesn't give off this "manly" smell that it advertised for, however, it is a very impressive cologne. It stays on me for a very long time and others seem to love it.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Cotton-candy + feminine florals + aquatic fresh note = Invictus. Marketed to urban lads but it smells more like a perfume for young girls.

biscoff
biscoff

This fragrance is awesome. It did set new standards in aquatic fragrances. I can't stand most of Paco Rabanne fragrances (especially 1 million), but this here is a different story. It is clean, fresh, watery fragrance. Most of the people here are racing over each other to say how bad it is. Why? Just because it has huge success? Just because it is No1 best-seller in a number of countries? The bunch of snobs here can't stand the fact that the masses will wear something good.
I like to be unique and that is why I search for special and under-the-radar fragrances, but it doesn't mean that I will call the white black - if something is good, it is good! Because it is a widely popular frag I will not buy it - instead I will wear my Encre Noir Sport, when I am in a mood for fresh, but unique aquatic scent and that will be enough for me - there is no need to turn into the next hater who will spit onto this quite nice fragrance just to join the bunch of "fragrance connoisseurs" here...

Peace on you, brothers!

SmutRavageur
SmutRavageur

I sampled this -- an instant love for my girlfriend; no exaggeration. She smelled this and a huge smile appeared on her face, signalling immediate approval for it. I think it's just OK. It's certainly better than the molecular structured crap that is Black XS (AKA the glorified air freshener of peace), but I'm not blown away or anything.

I'm debating on whether to buy it or not, and yes, I'd only be buying it because she loves the smell so much, and I see nothing wrong with that on the basis that I'd only be wearing it when I'm around her, but I think I'll stick with sampling for now, since it will be a bit before I see her again (LDR).

The bubble gum is there. I honestly can't tell you what I get out of the rest of this fragrance -- some kind of mint, some kind of lavender. It would almost feel redundant, to me, to have this in my collection. I *still* need to get my nose on Versace Eros, and I mention that because it's in the same category of new wave sweet/fresh fragrances. For something that gives off a bubble gum and mint vibe, I already have 1 Million, so I'll just chalk this up as a "like" and a "to buy" if the mood ever strikes and the girlfriend is here to enjoy it on yours truly.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i get a lot of sweet like bubblegumy sweet and flowery. i think it could be a ladies fragrance. i dont get any ocean or wood notes. i imagine maybe a metrasexual type. i imagine a business man in a grey tight suit. its fine but not for my husband or my tastes. i think a woman could totally get away wearing this.

Hz.rtro
Hz.rtro

its not bad actually i got a lot of compliments using this frag and my girlfriend loves it, so.. its perfect for me and its my signature scent by now.

projection: 8/10
LongevityL 9/10
overall: 8/10

for the average person this is a excellent scent, but for the "niche fanboys" this must be a synthetic mess.

Dioguh

I don't think it's as bad as haters describe it. ok, it's not as exquisite as i'm used to, but c'mon, it's puig's paco rabanne, it's created to sell.. and it does, it flies off the shelves.. Don't be a moron and read all the nonsense opinions, just go to a store and try it. After all.. "Haters gonna hate"

warlockss

horrible . smells like a mixture of both juices mixed together of versace man eau fraiche with paco rabanne black XS .
smelled nice for the first 5 minutes then about 40 minutes later turns into this acidic lemon cinnamon , had to scrub my wrist with a harsh soap to try and get the smell out and still 8 hours later i could still smell it on my wrist . i dont even want to imagine what would happen if i sprayed this liberally .

perfume243

Es el mismo un milión con meno canela meno especias ..

Madholm
Madholm

I've yet to smell a Paco scent I didn't find tacky in some way and this one isn't much different. It's a loud and brash which is odd because it's an aquatic/citrus fragrance so good job making that happen; too bad the scent is obnoxious is an axe body spray kind of way. Most negative reviewers are correct in that it smells like a cheap body spray or deodorant than a perfume. The smell isn't as bad as it sounds until you combine it with the massive cloud of scent it puts out where it becomes annoying rather quickly.

The other issue is that I dislike both patchouli and oakmoss so once the base shines through = instant stomach churning. I can see some people enjoying the scent, but it's definitely not for me and I would probably ask you to go outside if you were wearing it heavily at my house.

Also the name and logo remind me of Invicta which is a maker of many hideous and tacky watches (most of those massive ugly watches you see on people are Invicta). They have a few decent ones of course; though they are clearly in the inexpensive segment.

JPS1979
JPS1979

Ok, I'll admit the model for the fragrance drew me to the bottle the other day to smell it. This smells uninspiring. I sprayed it on my wrist, and it dried down to something I've smelled before but can't put my finger on it. It smells like a teenager's fragrance. Not my style. NEXT!

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

I could not resist trying this. The marketing blitz worked on me. The bottle is original. I recognize that, but it just looks like they tried too hard to come up with something different. I only sampled the fragrance on the trophy shaped paper card. First reaction: I had smelled this before. It took me back twenty years. This is not new. It reminds me of Polo Sport. I also get the association with Wings. I'm sure this will sell by the droves, but I will definitely pass. Paco Rabanne, you have come so far from your glory days. Todays buyers will not realize they are buying a knock off of Polo Sport. I just grin and keep on walking.

kaysee
kaysee

I've mentioned before that it's a bit cheap and generic. For some reason I'm realy feeling this right now. Seems I'm changing my mind about fragrances all the time.

Ok, It's not something wow or special. But to be honest, there's no way u'll wear this and not be attacked by a girl. or a guy for that matter.

It's effing sexy. Maybe overanalyzing fragrances and notes doesn't matter. It is what it is. It's sexy.

junior halston
junior halston

I can't believe a good population feel this is a week scent with soft sillage ....oh my gosh our whole Macys is reeking of this stuff it's STRONG ! & LOUD !

RonaRona93
RonaRona93

If my partner would wear this perfume, I would EAT him alive.

Too bad it's my father's signature :| !!

falconfpv
falconfpv

Yep, Pretty much the ultimate cologne. Recieve complements every night from both genders. no word of a lie.
it works like a dream. Absolutly recommend. the chicks dig it, so do yourself a favour and invest in invictus

jonr951
jonr951

Ok, I'm sure I'm crazy, but the first thing that popped into my head when I sprayed Invictus on yesterday was, wait for it, it's coming, are you ready? Bubblegum! It's unfortunate that it dries down to typical teenage boy cologne though. But, and I hate myself for saying this just a little bit, since my taste is so juvenile, I LOVE it! And WANT it! And I hate myself even more for actually liking the bottle! Haha! It shall be mine soon. Damn you Paco! ; )

kisherceg
kisherceg

At first I wasn't very interested in this scent but once I went to Müller (for other things) and smelled Invictus. I saw here some people found it similar to Wings which I like very much. So I tried Invictus.
...And I was suprised how I liked it immediately. I don't like bay leaf in foods but in Invictus this note smells very well blended with the freshness of marine note and grapefruit. The beginning is super fresh blast then it becomes sweeter and sweeter as time goes by.
After an hour it's super-sweet on my skin . I can say it's sweeter than the legendary Blue Sugar or A*Men :) And I like sweet scents and bought it.
I don't care how many people wear it, like it,hate it, Invictus is good on me :) The similarity to GBH Wings is very little, only the lavender-like something is common - after 20 minutes of the application and only for 10-15 minutes- (despite no lavender in Invictus) but Wings is an extra herbal, non-sweet aromatic scent while Invictus is a super sweet still fresh cologne.
The flacon is question of taste :)
All in all, I like quite few scents from Paco but Invictus is one of them.

Hemphead
Hemphead

I really like this scent i wanna smell it on me and i wanna smell this on my wife too could be unisex i think but yeah it smells good.

garfimacs
garfimacs

I'm not in love, but I like it.... I like, because it is not a boring linear smell, but something playful. However I wouldn't buy for myself. ( longevity: 3-4 hours on my arm )

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

This could be easily a unisex perfume, i like it on me and on my men too :D

tavo

I got this as a present, And I didnt expect this to be so sugary sweet, waht note give it that sweetness.

kikivsdiablo
kikivsdiablo

I hv no idea why i bought it. My hand was pointed the one million. But my wife loved it. She says its sweet n sexy. Actually not my type but hey we are not just wearing something that suit our own perspective.

PocketRocket
PocketRocket

Ugh thought I would like this. Ads hype and all so I bought blind. Freaking mistake. This frag's juice color should be dark purple with black bits floating in it.
Smells like a really expensive car freshener, a really bad and expensive car freshener, or deo. Take your pick. Liked the urn bottle though.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

Reminds me alot of "Issey Miyake Pour Homme Sport". Just sweeter and ghastly synthetic. Commercialsm may be invicible, but this is getting ridiculous. Tacky Rabanne, no more please...

I don't hate this one, but it smells very strong and that's probably its success. It is above Axe Instict. Not a bad smell, but a little bit "done" like a male version of a perfume-y female one. It's like "oh, someone sprayed perfume here"
It makes a statement for sure, but not sure what kind of a statement.
The commercial says it all: the hidden dream of power of any man. Very funny and phoney.
Nothing subtle here, not the perfume, not the ad and not even the bottle, that is the worst part of the whole thing. Awful bottle, but as long as one like the smell, bottle is less important to me.
What I find interesting here is blending contrast between fresh notes, aromatic ones and wood. It's not a clashing blend. By high and low piches it manages to smell at least not boring and not dis-harmonious, when compared to so many other male colognes. I think that's the Ropion's touch.
Granted it's chemical...Guaiac wood... yes...and oakmoss, of course! Oakmoss is forbidden. It should be clear for all people reading reviews and note list that what is discussed here are not raw natural materials, rather chemical replacement of nearly all notes. In this view and as a modern acquired taste, Invictus stands up to its Latin name, for lack of competitors.

MelihElitas
MelihElitas

There is a one simple truth about perfumes i know . The colour of your skin determines how the perfume matches you. As a dark skin man i can easily say that invictus is a masterpiece. How i know it . Generally i buy or try perfumes frequently and i have 7 bottles of different styles of perfumes that i use according to the situation. Invictus in any case , day time or night time gives a total good reaction. As i see the reaction of females on it ( generally they try to touch you ) . Invictus deserves every peeny spend on it.

Dioguh

Not something I would wear but it is a best seller in my country

Aakash
Aakash

Bought brand new one..reading all reviews..lets c..hope it does well on my skin..

Etheras
Etheras

So many hateful comments for a mediocre fragrance. Ok its not the best ou there but its not horrible. Nice summer perfume with sweet tones and nice mix of summer tones. The real problem in this fragrance is its name. Has nothing to do with "invictus" its a sweet fragrance which has nothing to do with "mucho" psychology and intense masculinity.
Now on judging the fragrance itseld i think is a decent parfume that you can wear and have a good longevity and a nice projection. is not on my top list but i enjoy it wearing this on days when the sun is up and you see life with much joy and you are prepared to go for swim. 7/10 for me
Ps: Its extremely long lasting!

Joejitzu
Joejitzu

My Wife and I love it. So very Fresh, so very Summery, so very Vibrant.

Got complimented in work only yesterday from a female colleague, after a sort of deep breathe taken in by her, came the "Ooooaaaah..... Nice!" moment......

Cannot understand all the negative comments. 5/5 for me (& my darling other half) now my signature scent.

daynierds
daynierds

Generic piece of s...that is vomit inducing in occasions. One I would never buy for sure, thanks god I have just a small decant of this...too much ordinary...it has the same ordinary vibe of Hugo Boss just different and the last Karl Lagerfeld for man....for me it has an overall 5/10..I am being generous about it!

Travis453
Travis453

Smells of a dark beer with Belgian yeast, then turns into smelling of a candy shop filled with the cheap nasty candy everyone hates. Thought it would smell way different, then again I thought Invictus the movie would be about rugby it be good. The name must be a curse.

All in all, I'd never wear it and it kind of sucks.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

With the fragrances I like, I thought after reading the reviews that I'd hate it, but far from it, what a gorgeous and unique sent, I can normally identify a few notes, here I cant, it's just so good, lasts ages, whoever thinks this is like wings needs a nose check, love it. Perfect for summer days

jdawg
jdawg

Not bad, perfect for everyday and night use. Too common among guys my age (19-20).

Ganador 2014 premio

cologneking
cologneking

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! It is very weird, yet, oddly compelling; can't stop sniffing my shirt. It is definitely different, nothing like what is out on the market. Also, Invictus has NOT been getting any love from the critics or the crowd, but I for one, really LOVE this fragrance!

This may sound odd, but it seems to be a little bit more mature version of any of the Axe body sprays.

frisc.rio
frisc.rio

Cassiano, congrats on your great review!

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

I simply love the scent of this fragrance. It's very powerful, long lasting and it has a very good silage.
But the best part of it, it's that it smells really good.
A combination of citrus and aquatic notes that to me smell incredible.
I cannot get enough of this scent

Niazy
Niazy

First I don't like long story comment
I want to say about this fragrance it lasts so long and smiellsnice and all woman love it and u will get a lot of compliments and every one will smell it on u will love it but for me and most me will not like it wear because it a bit sweet and we like woody citrus and classic perfumes like channel and hermes
I'm a man and have this perfume I don't love it too much I get a long compliment and good comment

eldahukfrancisco
eldahukfrancisco

Sweet and boring scent, nothing special.... at all!

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

mungkin invictus adalah parfum yg bertipikal fresh segar yg ter long lasting dalam koleksi saya. 24 hours +++ di baju & 12 hours +++ di kulit. ruarrr binasaaaaaaa :D

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Blind bought this and what a terrible mistake I made.. it smells like generic deodorant stick.
decided to sell it the same day after had one spray to test the scent. Even something 1/5 the price smells more classy and sophisticated.
three words to describe the scent? generic, synthetic, cheap
invictus? more like awkward.

EzioAuditore
EzioAuditore

Good perfume just like One Million.
BUT it's not a refined perfume, it doesn't change when wearing it...
Walk in the club with One Million and everyone knows what you're wearing.
With this scent it is or will be the same story.
With all respect for the lovers of this perfume, when someone who doesn't know very much about fragrances will know Paco Rabanne One Million, so will ask when he's at the perfume store to buy a scent from the house Paco Rabanne and will go for Invictus because it's the newest one .. It's just to popular and not exclusive enough. But if you love the scent then buy it. This is my opinion about this scent. Longevity and silage is good!

husain.a.m
husain.a.m

Axe deodorant but with litle bit better quality!!! Totally synthetic.

dzikae
dzikae

That 1st spray or even the scent on the bottle gives u a real kick, its exciting and popss your eyes out...but 30 - 60mins later thats all gone it becomes something familiar almost feminine - it even reminded me of my mum...geeez!!!

MeThePerson

HOW people are able to suggest close similarity to 1MILLION is not computing. The only similarity is the Ambergris base. 1MILLION is continually warm due to the richer notes and I never choose 1M for an active or energetic day.
I'm notoriously difficult with fresh fragrances as they inherently fail to achieve a hold on the skin that doesn't need re-application. I like my fragrances to last all day, otherwise I'd stick to generic deodorant. It was a joy to find INVICTUS had achieved this balance... And in such a comprehensive manner, combining a zest and freshness without that sickly lemon/lime acid, too much vetiver or rusty metal aldehyde weight, but retaining and tempering the Amber notes I find suit me best. FINALLY A 'SPORT' FRAGRANCE FOR MEEEEEEE!!!!!

I wear Invictus for a couple of reasons and one of those is it's aquatic note in the opening as it reminds me of the spray from North Atlantic warm(as in UK warm... only we know the pleasures!) surf sessions. I thought long and hard about this fragrance and it's effects and what it brings to mind when smelling it on the skin and dried down. It reminds me of a refreshing breeze that evaporates the sweat on your skin after a really hard, energetic bout of exercise, tired and spent, but totally invigorated and pumped.
The slightly salty, bitter opening stays dry thanks to the Bay Leaf note, emulating the clean, just showered but still glowing relaxation of loose muscles still full of oxygenated blood.
The remainder of the fragrance, which is the best part is just under the surface within the first few minutes, is mainly the soft Patchouli and the all important Ambergris notes.
Now to me, Ambergris is a massively carnal note when handled properly and PacoRabanne has been a tease with the inclusion in this case.
Erm... there's no way to be subtle about it...
This fragrance, I think, is designed to emulate sweaty, heavy carnal action. Re-read above and I was trying to be coy about the description.
Watch a woman smell this, then watch her pupils dilate like I have seen on more than one occasion. Invictus appeals to women on a completely subconscious level. I've noticed this through observation since the release late August last year.
Doubt that? Okay, you're entitled to your opinion... but bear what I've said in mind. You might change your view.

I don't work in a necessarily female dominated environment, but when I first wore Invictus at work,...
"Oh wow. Is that you?..."
"... Mmmm, THAT'S so nice..."
"... What's it called? I'm getting my boyfriend that"
"... Oh my God... SOOOOOO nice, mmm..."
And the best one:
"... Ohmigod!... ... ... MMMM!!... ... Where can I get it, ... I'm getting this now, ... all the kids are out of the house tonight, he's in for a good night with this!"

No joke, she said it.
Any more doubts?
It's now reliant on your skin accepting this and bringing out the best of it.
Excellent lasting power on my skin, good projection, good responses. Who needs to know it came out of a trophy? It may look brash and a cliche, but PacoRabanne is known in his Designs for his bold and challenging attitude; 'Barbarella' anyone?

Paco, you sly dog... You're so NAUGHTY!!!

ScentPanther
ScentPanther

Sometimes I like to read old newspapers, on a leather recliner, with my feet raised. This excites me. But on a hot, humid summer day in the tropics, this can be a very unpleasant experience.

Did I mention that I like to read these newspapers nude? Oh that's important. You see in this tropical heat and humidity, the body sweats profusely. This sweat makes my buttocks thighs and back stick to the leather chair, and the newspaper I am trying to read get damp and cling to my body in a most inconvenient manner.

The smell of the sweat soaked old newspaper and my hindquarters as they stick to the leather of the chair, and the scent of the leather on the chair itself blend together to remind me of a very special night in Australia.

This fragrance comes in an interesting bottle.

MSC
MSC

Hello,
I ordered this online, because i smelled it before in winter and i thought it would be fun to spray in spring. But after ordering it online i went to perfume shop sprayed it and realised i have to cancel the order.
To me it seemed too sharp and annoying for spring. Not to mention that it is very linear at its best...
I think this can be called One Million Sport. The only case you can think of it as the best option for something is when you dont know other designer fragrances.

biggkingg
biggkingg

Don't understand the negative reviews.
Good fresh and sweet smell.
Finally a fresh/aquatic fragrance that projects and lasts.
Way easier to wear that many other Paco creations.
Will be a hit for spring/summer.
Cool bottle and very good juice.
7.5/10

renzo77
renzo77

very expensive for what it is creating more of Antonio Puig paco rabanne owners can buy at your price 2 best colonies and the packaging is horrible.

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

A bit sweet at the beginning, but a nice combination of notes.
Gotta be careful with the amount used (as with any other cologne, as well)!
Liked it a lot!
Maybe a new summer hit about the beat Paco Rabanne´s One Million.
A good call for a sunny summer day!

webish
webish

After using Invictus for three months now, I think it's good. I like it personally.

Since it's citrus fresh and just a little sweet, I use it for work.

I've got many compliments almost more than when I wear IM-Intense.

2 full press spritz usually enough for me.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Fresh,seriously? To me, Chanel Allure Edition Blanche is fresh, not this one. It is heavy and sweet to me. Reminds of Axe/Lynx Dark Temptation. Maybe i have to give it another try, but at the moment i find One Million Intense much more interesting and well blended.

Peace!

marko.tiution
marko.tiution

Well, I tried it and I have to say this is really bad..
Firstly, i smelled the bottle - which is the best part of the perfume in my opinion - and it had awesome smell, i mean grapefruit, mandarin orange so I thought it will be nice.
But I was wrong, the top notes are good but after it is really bad, it's absolutely annoying for me..
The longevity is great, about 6 hours.
The silage is fine also, 6 feet.
Later I smelled it on my friend and my opinion didn't changed.
So i skip it, i prefer Armani, Versace perfumes.

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

I must say as a woman I love this scent. I am trying to encourage my other half to get it. I find some aftershaves smell very same-y but this one I find smells unique and memorable. In the UK there has been a 150ml bottle released! I can't imagine how huge that is and how long it would take to use.

shoryuke
shoryuke

i just got this from the Mazzolari shop in Milan. this is just another masterpiece from the house of paco rabanne! i dont understand why so many people hate this stuff, i feel sorry for you guys.

for those who wanna try it, go for it and see it for yourself. dont just judge a perfume becoz of what you read here, maybe it doesnt work for them but it might work well for you like me.

Longevity is 7+ hours and it sits close to the skin for the whole day. and the sillage is moderate to heavy, it is still winter so i think that the performance will be better during warmer seasons.
over all score 8/10

nightcat23
nightcat23

I don't understand all the hate with this scent. It's fresh, clean and very wearable. A great men's scent in my opinion.

ecerusen
ecerusen

i'm agree with the idea "nothing new"
but also there is no excessiveness. i mean some scents are very sugary or sharp just because for gain attention. but this one dont need this.
for this aspect, it smell nice, cool, and charismatic*

* imo

AZ
AZ

I tried it and have not thing anything spiecal. The Hate hype comes from the high expectation we expecting from PR. They alway bring out unique perfume from 1 Million to Ultraviolet but this one have nothing special to it.

Ridhwan0103
Ridhwan0103

Look at who create the invictus. They are the legend that create very impressive frag. I respect that.

maio2012
maio2012

I tried it, but after four to six hours I can´t stand me no more. The advertising is bad, the bottle is rustic. Some women I´ve talked about said they hate it. The four perfumers made a serious damage to Paco Rabanne´s name.

ian85

It's nothing else than something we can find in a supermarket; and I respect supermarket fragrances. This one isn't better than axe or linx...but it's more expansive!
To answer to a few posts, I hope we don't buy perfumes only because they are a way to seduce boys or girls. Animals do that with phéromons... And I believe in art, not in magic elixirs.
On the other hand, it would be a pity if nobody buy this one, with such a marketting plan...
Four great perfumers to create this boring one : it's a shame.
Paco Rabanne lost his soul... Où est le grand couturier?
4 /10

JimmyG
JimmyG

I agree with Speirune`s comment: "let's hate this fragrance".
I don`t know why people should hate this perfume?
Pacco Rabbane releases 1 perfume per year and this is their lates and they have other amazing fragrances.
I would guess that people hate this one because it is to good and everyone knows about it and is buying it. I askes a lady in the perfume shop what is the perfume they sell most and she told me it is "Invictus" by pacco Rabbane, i just did not bought it for myself because she told me it is the most selled bperfume on her shop but i think i gona buy it anyway.

I work with alt of women and usualy i bring some samples so they can smell and vote for, the amazing thing is that all of them voted for Invictus.
I guess this is one of the favorits among women i and like it very much.
They also like Givenchy Gentleman Only and Gucci Pour Homme II.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

بسیار بسیار چیپ و تکراری با یه شیشه به شدت مسخره
که ادم رو یاده عطرای ارزون میندازه که برای جلب مشتری این شیشه ها رو تولید میکنند.
So boring . . Awful bottle. .

Speirune
Speirune

Wow. Don't know what is with this "let's hate this fragrance" hype... I will just tell you how I met this fragrance, and you will get the general idea.

I tried maybe 25 fragrances before I decided what to buy for myself. To decide what to buy for my boyfriend, it took one try. I wanted to try Invictus, we tried it, my boyfriend loved it, I fell in love with it, I did not want to try any other fragrance after I smelled it, and we bought a 100ml bottle immediately. That is how good this fragrance is, I am normally very picky and want to try every other option before buying a fragrance, but this was an immediate favorite. End of story.

It has moderate sillage, but after a while (in 2 hours app.) the range of the sillage fades, and it stays close to skin for over 20 hours. It is incredibly, knee-shakingly sexy, not sweet but spicy, fresh and very, very masculine. The bottle is gorgeous, very classy and again, sexy. I don't understand why people don't like the fragrance nor its bottle, but reading these negative reviews, I'm happy to see that not everyone is gonna smell like my boyfriend.

P.S. My boyfriend still has a half bottle of 1 million and it smells NOTHING like this.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

It's fresh, it's nice. It's a "Blue XS". I dont like the bottle, "Invictus" and a trophy... too tautological. (As long as you don't confuse this trophy with a blender)

nikola.443
nikola.443

It is very cheap for the smell..Is very fresh and is good for younger boys...For Paco Rabanne this is opposite from One Million..

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

There is something about Paco Rabanne fragrances that simply cannot be ignored: their fragrances are good fragrances! Tastes differ but let's face it, they are very successful with their creations and Invictus is no exception! I also loved 1 million, I think that's the best clubbing scent ever made. I guess why we have mixed feelings about PR fragrances is because of the hype and as we are fragrance lovers, we love to spend "a bit more " then the average guy for fragrances and it feels good to be bit snobbish sometimes. But what is a fragrance made for? In my understanding, to make you feel good and to get compliments from people around you. If this 2 goes together, you are lucky with your choice. I can't tell, I had more compliments with this one than with all the amouages and creeds I also own... I could feel sad that I spent so much on those juices and people still appreciate Paco Rabanne! But I like this and love the others too. The point is always to wear whatever you like. No gender restrictions or brand preferences. Just follow your nose... And believe me, Invictus can take its place on your bathroom shelf amongst all the niche wonders!

Valfar
Valfar

I can't understand why all the hate for this fragrance. I think some people here are "too cool" to like a mainstream fragrance. I really enjoy this one and i'm planning to buy it in the near future (probably when winter will be over). A sweet-aquatic fragrance. It is perfect for summer especially if you are into sweet fragrances but not a big fan of citrus/aquatics. This fragrance balances perfectly between sweet and aquatic, being a wonderful fragrance for spring-summer. Lemon and bay leaf are blended perfectly. And the good thing is, this will last all day and it will project very well.

pronose

rubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbish generic and common scent like many others!!!!!!!! waste of money to buy that crap!

greenmile
greenmile

i like it ..... i feel it is the same of mont blanc legend spacial edition..... the best for me 2013.... i like the design and the quality of the bottle

pasquale
pasquale

Il profumo che ogni uomo deve avere! ottima miscela di fragranze che iniziano con le note sensuali marine e di pompelmo, rilasciando una sensazione fresca e virile,per poi proseguire con quelle di alloro che insieme alle NOTE legnose del muschio di quercia danno molta longevità. La sensazione di attrazione che si innesca nelle donne E'
molto tangibile quanto percepibile. Tale profumo per me rappresenta la fusione tra one million e black xs di paco rabanne annusando dopo diverse ore le note di fondo ambrate. Consigliatissimo!!!

mrdrdre
mrdrdre

I have to be honest and say that this Paco Rabanne fragrance is absolutely beautiful. At first it's sweet and the silage is enormous, after about an hour it's clearly strong oceanic and another hour later it goes back to the sweet smell. I got the 100 ml bottle for Christmas as a present. I had about 10 testers and and I didn't really like it but now... pretty much one of my favourites.

Marciu

I'm sorry, but for me it smells synthetic and causes me a headache. It's first PR fragrance that caused such reactions in me, it was a lot worse than with 1 Million.

Actually, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who made it. Such great noses, great perfumers indeed and such a disaster as a result. I don't really care about the shape of the bottle, but I know a lot of people do. And it attracts them even. Why - I have no idea...

It's too sweet and too chemical, if you asked me what I dislike in it. Sillage is good and longevity isn't bad as well - about 7 hours on my skin.

O2
O2

من تجربتي لعطر باكو ربان إنفيكتوس ، والذي صدر في الربع الثاني من العام الحالي ٢٠١٣
وجدت انه يحمل جينات عطر “ون مليون” القديم ، وهو مناسب لجميع الأوقات ، والفصول !

تقيمي للعطر :
الثبات ٨/١٠
الفوحان ٧/١٠
الرائحة ٨/١٠

العطر يستحق التجربة ..

warlockss

looks like its a cremation urn , very ugly bottle . what happened to you mr paco rabanne ?
stop trying so hard with these damn ugly bottles and make us some better juice damn it .

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Why so many dislikes?
Fresh, watery, sweet, sort of typical scent for men but it's not bad at all and it's better than the mainstream citrus scents. Great for summer or warm weather.

The Brain
The Brain

This smells like Quicksilver for men as they both have similar top fresh notes and mid spice notes (Bay leaf and Eucalyptus). The only main difference is that Invictus is much more sweeter. So if you like this you may consider buying Quiksilver instead as it is very cheap.

ru2
ru2

This aftershave smells BEAUTIFUL! Now its not the manliest, let me tell you that I wouldn't mind wearing it myself, but that doesn't mean its feminine.

Such a fresh, woody, musky almost sweet but different scent. Smells really sexy. This is the most popular mens fragrance as women always immediately buy it for their man when they smell it. Usually at the time they are trying loads of different smells, and this one is always the stand out one without fail.

I'm not sure if this is what men want to smell like, but it certainly is what women want their man to smell like!

1millionintenseboy
1millionintenseboy

I don't understand why there are so many negative reviews about this one. It's great. I mean, what more do you want? This one is fresh enough to be worn in hot summer days or nights, it's spicy and woody enough to be nice spring/fall signature. Only down side is poor projection in colder days. I had this on my neck yesterday and it disappeared very quickly. But I don't complain. In winter, when you're not using it, the bottle, which is the best looking one I've ever seen, could be used as decoration.

andronicos
andronicos

On the paper it was just OK. On my skin it smells too sweet. Definitely not my cup of tea.

robbledino
robbledino

this just smells like lady million, 1 million and black XS all just mushed up, nothing new at all but not a bad scent.

Legolas
Legolas

One off the worst smell I have ever tried.. freshnes..sweetnnes..spices.. woody notes..common.. it's discusting and very unpleasant scent.. total mess.. big dislike..

carera

i have seen better than Versace eros anyway its kind of taste what u like will be dislike for other and vice versa.

petranfx

i will give this an another name.One euro no one million

orchidlover
orchidlover

im in love with this,its so sexy, sweet, deep and masculine. my bf doesnt like it, but he must use it as I gave it to him as a gift. :)
I find really unique and nice this bottle , and the fragrance makes the women go crazy.
what else do you want guys?

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

Rabanne repeating the same cliché of 1 million...

An extremely sexist and boring advertisement/bottle with a appealing sweet scent (but ordinary)... Like a jerk that punches the face of his wife until it gets deformed... later on he gives her beautiful flowers before her friends and family.

I am no longer cheated by Rabanne...

So this award goes to...

...the biggest loser around you!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Paco Rabanne is today perhaps the most popular brands of perfumes designers and this occurs by similar releases but with a beautiful marketing and creativity.
However this lack creativity in their fragrances. Invictus opens and fresh metallic medium with the passage of time it is remarkable with fresh grapefruit and over minutes nuances appears think the bay leaf almost a touch herbal-floral spicy and hard to describe and somewhat spicy way .
After that moment comes a twist that brings me to this house dna a fruity amber colored synthetic metallic chord which is one of tutti frutti vibe here appears softer along with woody notes on drying.
A deja vu that sent me to perfumes as Joop Wild Polo Red and 1 Million.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Another sporty fragrance based on aquatic and fruity notes. Sweet, "common", without personality. Good for boys, but not for men.

vicvic
vicvic

This one really reminds me of Wings for Men - Giorgio of Beverly Hills. Candied fruits and tarts come to mind. The drydown gives that warm guaiac wood that makes the fragrance masculine. Not the typical Paco Rabanne rich complicated master class luxury scents. This one is a light sporty fragrance. Good for casual occasions. Sillage is moderate even on hot climate. A bit pricey for this scent.

missan
missan

I don´t think it´s really possible to have these four perfumers to create something good together. What were they thinking.

And the bottle is so bad there is no words for it IMO.
It has been many years since PR presented anything good IMHO like PR Sport.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this perfume is absolutely the wrost thing ever created in these last years ,chemical and insignificant and totally disgusting

cheeseplease
cheeseplease

I don't understand all the negativity towards this scent! It's absolutely gorgeous. I bought it as a Christmas present for my man recently, and had to hand it over early as I love it so damn much. This is EXACTLY what a man should smell like. I don't smell anything but masculinity. It's literally manly musk in a bottle. And not in a bad way, the manly musk that radiates off the muscular and sculpted torso of a man who swims daily and plays football for a living. It's divine. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. But then again, I'm a woman, so what do I know, right? :P

bazil14

so heres the update after much time being undecided over this fragrance i decided to go for the splash on over the eau de toilette and can say im happy with it because af version has the advantage over edt in terms of not being as strong the notes dont seem as harsh as they did with the edt and actually make the scent much more pleasant so id advise buying the splash on over the edt and it actually has decent projetion and longivity and at just over 30 pounds for 100 ml its a winner

Cassiano
Cassiano

From the market point of view, there are several types of cologne’s users: those who little understand (or understand just the basics), seeking only a good scent, and the fragrance addicts, art scholars, who want to know the story behind each creation. Doing a comparison, in a more simplistic way, I would say it's the same thing that happens with consumers who buy a product by price or brand and those who give preference to environmentally friendly products, organic, etc.

Within this context, before speaking about the fragrance itself, with its notes and impressions, it is important to speak of the concept and the marketing activity that exists behind this release. Because, since the launch of Ultraviolet for Men (1999) - with its bolder aroma - and the sales success of Black XS (2005), the brand reached a completely different male audience than was usual until then, with the faithful users of the classic Paco Rabanne for Men (1973). As a result, the brand began to be envisioned by younger men, eager for more modern, nocturnal and differentiated colognes. And the latest releases prove this: 1 Million, 1 Million Intense, Black XS L’exces, in addition to the full range of women's fragrances, which followed the same trend.

Invictus hits the market to perform more than a personal satisfaction. It comes with the responsibility of supporting personal projects of sportsmen from all over the world, involving the internet users, in its Invictus Award. Basically, it is a competition in which were gathered 7 athletes, from 7 distinct nationalities, practitioners of different sports to experience challenges and persuade the internet users to vote for them, in pursuit of the prize of 50 thousand dollars, to be reversed in the realization of their social projects. The winner of the first season (Yes, there will be a second season!) was Ricardo Carpentieri, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructor who lives in Milan for some years.

Once you understand the story that exists behind this release, it becomes easier to understand the creation of the advertising campaign that brought, as a representative of this concept of "invincibility", the Australian sportsman Nick Youngquest, who helped guide the candidates during the whole competition, was their mentor, transmitted the values of sport, etc.

Now, let's talk about the fragrance: forget any attempt to compare it with 1 Million! Invictus is a cologne of fresh and sensual aspect. I would put it into a fruity-woody classification, which is composed by notes of grapefruit peel, marine accord and Bay leaves, balanced by notes of patchouli, ambergris and guaiac wood.
In time: some specialized websites list other notes, such as: Mandarin orange (output), Jasmine (in the heart) and oakmoss (at the base). However, this information does not exist in the official website and therefore I think it is unfounded.

The aroma of grapefruit peel and bay leaves is very rich in the first few minutes, while the marine accord gives a certain freshness, that permeates throughout the evolution. After about 20 minutes, the fruity tone gives way to the sweet brilliance of ambergris, coupled with the creamy-smoky of the guaiac wood. It is worth mentioning that the sweet tone of ambergris is very synthetic, even because, it has been reproduced in laboratory in recent years. Anyway, the fragrance can be quite versatile, thanks to its marine content.

Finally, I couldn't let talking about the bottle. Although it seems to me that there is a movement to simplify the bottles of today, making them very straight, cylindrical and/or discolored, Paco Rabanne still believes in the legend (beyond true) that a large part of worldwide sales of perfumes is due to the beauty and creativity of their bottles, together with what the fragrance represents. And in this case, the bottle has everything to do with the topic, in addition to being much more beautiful closely than in the pictures in the media.

Working with median projection and lasting very well, Invictus is beautiful inside and out, which makes it a real trophy to your collection.

jht4060
jht4060

Paco Rabanne Invictus is the fresh marine scent taken to the extreme, and it is pretty good for all that. The world hardly needs another aquatic scent, but this one at least is distinctive in a Paco Rabanne kind of way (bash me over the head, please, thank you). The first few hours consist of lots of bitter grapefruit, astringently herbal bay leaf, and a massive overdose of ozone-marine (probably Adoxal, strong fresh ozonic waxy floral). Suprisingly, this eventually morphs into a quietly pleasant oak moss and wood base with a touch of patchouli. Not a great scent, but an interesting one not worthy of such widespread dislike. I imagine a scarred and weatherbeaten Achilles emerging from the sea to do battle with Hector (and try to forget the oiled model strutting around admired by the bevy of naked babes, ugh).

By the way, saying Invictus is like 1 Million, as some do here, is very strange. Except for being strong and both being from Paco Rabanne they have nothing in common. Nothing. One is cinnamon candy bubblegum write large and the other is ozonic marine and grapefruit writ large. Very large.

cassio

Many people here complain about the perfumes launched nowadays. They are weak, normal , boring, not long lasting. My opinion is that if you search for some personnality in the perfume world you have to go back to the 70's and 80's fragrances, at that time they use to make wonderfull and strong fragrances.

cassio

I bought it because I found the bottle very attractive.
The smell is also very good but not strong as Black XS.

carera

its not bad and in the same category of I million not identical but close . the bottle is the champion .

peferrarine
peferrarine

I don't have anything to say about the bottle, cause really, what i'm interested in is the fragrance. Cause really, the bottle would be in my closet, it doesn't matter if is tacky or gorgeous.

But the fragrance... I don't like it. It's a synthetic version of something we all have seen before. I actually don't have anything against 'common fragrances'. I don't care if is not new or innovative, but the problem with this one, is that is REALLY synthetic. In my opinion, smells like a really strong and pungent laundry soap. You can see that it was design to be clean and fresh, but it actually gave me headache.
It's not a clean laundry and pleasant smell (that gives you the nice feeling of getting out of the shower and putting on good clothes). It's just off. Everything about it is just off.

bazil14

Ok so im gonna start my review by saying that there is something definatly off with paco rabanne fragrances as of late and ive noticed this due to rebuying 1million the smell is exactly the same exept the new bottle has a strange underlying aerosol/hairsray smell thats not present in the old bottle and now on to invictus this frag opens up really well with a fresh blast that reminds me of hugo by hugo boss from back in the day the longivitys good as is sillage but a few hours in and invictus dries down into what smell like cheap washing powder then reverts back to to the top notes for the finish its a very strange fragrance and can niether say i like or dislike it because it is not without its charms so the vedict is beautiful if not uninspired opening dodgy middle and ok finish its a fragrance youll both love and hate so defo test run this before you buy

tavo

Just on the tacky bottle I pass.

AND-MAT

I gave invictus another try... And my like turned to dislike... I knew it was cheap and synthetic, but maybe i was taken by all the hype about this new perfume. For me, it smells horrid... It's the first time i witness a designer copying one of it's own creation while at the same time have the guts to sell it as a "NEW" perfume!!!

Again, I can't stand that stupid commercial!! Is that what a champion is all about? really?

scenturian
scenturian

What is different here? Same as Black XS and 1Million

MilicaaR
MilicaaR

Synthetic, cheap-smelling, boring. 0 points for creativity. I guess they thought that the masculine bottle is going to do all the job. But no. I'm sorry, but I think it's really bad.

ebila
ebila

IMO,it's hard to get original scents these days.They all copy one another and Invictus isn't an exception.I actually like it and would give it a 6/10.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

I think Paco Rabanne just gave them selfe the "World cup for strongest concoction ever made"

As the commercial movie suggest, with this you can go out on an arena and everybody in the audience will be able to smell your scent. Gosh this is strong stuff.

I brought a sample from a shop near by my work on a blotter and after deciding that this was not for me I through it in the paper recycling and I can tell you that my officeroom smelled of this for three days.

I find this scent rather cold. Its absolutely not a new 1 million. For me it was like Boss pure on steroids. What I felt most in this was the Greapfruit and the jasmine. But then there was something else in it that was quite annoying. Maybe the bay leafs or the seanote or the guaiac wood. Yes, this scent is abit sporty but since its so strong I would suggest nighttime and very modest use of sprays. Just one goes a long way here.

Good quality when it comes to potency but not exactly my (world)cup....

nannaje
nannaje

Tacky and cheap design, horrid smell. Pass!

leomat2008
leomat2008

I hate popular-made-for, commercial and appelative fragrances like this.
One Million, Only the Brave, Fuel for Life for me are all worthless.

Really good and distinctive fragrances are in houses like Hermés, L´Artisan Parfumeur, Ermenegildo Zegna and others..

lovetribe

i think that isn't so bad.
for me is a good scent but many commercial,but is good.i'll not spend my money for a edt similar.
is as a summer one million.many boys will buy this.i like the marine initial,after is fruity and sweet.
initially is similar to l'erbolario nostos.
what longevity! from 10 am of 05/09/13 to 01 am of 06/09/13 after a big shower!!!!!!

recension 2
synthetic and also sweet..... but also fresh.for all the seasons.a perfume for club little boys.very commercial.it is good,cannot be denied.sillage and longevity sublime.
there is something of base of one million.I don't know if i'll buy this.good advertising and marketing.exhausted in many shops.
as to make to become a simply perfume a good perfume with the marketing.I will put only even it to go to the disco.
it is not banal as the last novelties in the Italian market.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Smelled Invictus for the first time in David Jones today as it has only just been launched here in Australia close on the heels of Burberry Rhythm,Versace Eros and Polo Red.Paco really shouldn't have bothered as all these fragrances smell strikingly and eerily similar i.e generic,synthetic and boring with no easily distinguishable notes.Its like these perfumers were conspiring to 'create' scents from the same gene pool.I like jasmine but cannot smell it here along with the other notes mentioned above.
I even tested out the Paco Rabanne salesgirl who was doing a promotion today to test her knowledge of the scent she was trying to flog off.
I asked her what the individual notes of the fragrance were.Nothing to hard to answer for someone versed in the product.Her reply was stunned silence.I thanked her for her time and walked away and prompted threw the scent card in the bin.I will stick with more individualistic niche fragrances and this just reaffimed it.The bottle is cheap and nasty just like the perfume too.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried yesterday and i must say that dont like it, the longevity is really long but the scent is bad.really bad (imo).

the mandarin orange is aggresive in this perfume.not well balanced

letyek
letyek

It's a pretty good perfume with amazing longevity.9/10

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Just one word: awful! just a generic perfume, not original at all, it's smell like some perfumes in the market.

Bad...

JoeMacchiato

The smell is not bad. I'll categorize Invictus with YSL L'Homme, both ideal for night out.

cheppl
cheppl

It smells good the first minutes. Then it smells like Paco Rabanne Energy and mandarin kitchen cleanser.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This doesn't smell aquatic. I thought it smelled sweet at first. I will give it another try when I take a look at the new 2013 releases one day.

CarmeloNY7
CarmeloNY7

I don't understand why so many people hate this fragrance!
It should be obvious that it's form shows that it's sport type of fragrance. My GF and I really like this one , not the best you could get , but definitely great for every day use.
Score 8/10

elias.haddad.908
elias.haddad.908

I have it its a good perfume fresh and new ! I like it and the longevity is amzing ! I washed my hands two times and its still on them ! So overall its a 8.5/10 perfume !

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I'm sorry to say, but it's incredibly cheap and soapy. For some people, this might be something worth while, but It's not my case.

Endymion
Endymion

I really like the name, it's very good I think.
I like the scent, it's not horrible, c'mon people, it's a nice, ok fresh scent.
I haaaaaate the bottle so much I would never buy it because of that!

Pinnacos

This noxious bilge water reminds me of that famous quote by HL Mencken: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public," although this swill would likely sell anywhere that bad taste existed.

Marciu

I wasn't in hurry to try this one. I did today. I truly regret I did.

Yes, I can smell a bay leaf here quite clearly. And that's the only plus actually. The rest is a chemical smell to my nose. And both longevity and sillage are bad.

If PR keeps making such "fragrances", I'll pass on this brand.

34THN13
34THN13

I tested Invictus today. This stuff copy of Versace Eros and Diesel Fuel for Life... I'm very disappointed because Paco Rabanne make so good fragrance but Invictus fail for me. First spray I smell so copy of Versace Eros than 1 hours later smell like Diesel Fuel For Life and a little bit Black XS... Longevity 4 hours on my skin. Friends, this stuff for 16-18 teenages...Maybe girls like it this fragrance but not characteristic, not good smell and not best... Commercial is good and bottle so different this is marketing tactics... Versace Eros,Paco Rabanne Invictus, Fan Di Fendi and Burberry Brit Rhythm this fragrances like as same smelling but different characters. Versace Eros smelling intense than Invictus but Brit Rhythm notes intense than Versace Eros. Versace Eros smell clean, fresh, rich and have a good longivety and sillage than Invictus. Brit Rhythm same category with Versace Eros for me. Brit Rhythm smell fresh, woody, dark, masculine and longevity is so good. But Invictus smell really so cheap. You have perfume bottle collection ok you should go buy this fragrance.Finally Invictus smell so cheap, not different another fragrances, not best than 1 Million or Black XS maybe worst fragrance for Paco Rabanne Firm... I think this stuff wearable summer and spring... Good luck for this scent. I'm sorry Paco rabanne this is very cheap smelling not for me.

jacqomo
jacqomo

So today i bought my paco...I had before one million and also black xs but invictus is for me something new, something fresh, sexy maybe less aggresive and strong but very nice.After the reading of majority bad reviews and after trying this cologne in parfumery i was surprised why you guys are soo dissapointed with this paco..

To resume it's very fresh, nice, and very balanced cologne..good choice for young men as me(am 21)...maybe no for middle aged men.

sillage-moderate, but good
longetivity- about 3-6 hours

So guys, don't worry just try it!

arzacu
arzacu

sorry @ManliAnoen... but "Toujours Fidele" Is much complex, rich and fresh than this perfume...

This fragrance smells cheap, the bottle seems very pretentious, I just get the jasmin and guaiac wood notes...

Sorry but has all the facts of a mainstream, cheap cologne...

didn't like it today when the man of the store gave me a sample, he said: "it's fresh, it has lavender notes and mint"... ahahahaha sorry but he only wanted to sell... but this cologne has nothing fresh, I get a terrible sweet smell.

fuggerone
fuggerone

a scent for the teen age party goer, just another mass marketed scent for the naive buyer, a ludicrous bottle for a ludicrous scent!

AND-MAT

I like the scent but that's just it! It's fresh, pleasant, and immature like a small escapade from adulthood. Sweet but not overly sweet like black XS.

This fragrance kept me from loving it by it's generic feeling and synthetic vibe. Not good quality at all! I miss ultraviolet... After 1 million, this scent feels just as common. And just like one million it lasts and lasts until it gets annoying.

Plus, and it's a minus for me, the add campaign is totally cheap, corny and banal... Like if victory is now all about having some kind of harem. Destroying the image of a hero and a champion in their way!!

ManliAnoen
ManliAnoen

There was a lot of promotion over this new scent these days in the perfume shop I went today to buy a scent as a gift for a friend, so they gave me a sample tester of this one. I have to say that I never enjoyed any of recent Paco Rabanne perfumes, Million included, they just smells like someone arrogant but too young or with no character to have a good taste. So this didn't exceeded too much my expetations, and since it was a free sample I gave it a try on my wrist anyway.
DAMN Rabanne, THIS IS EXACTLY a copy of TOUJOURS FIDELE from Fragonard of 2012, a niche perfumer brand of Grasse of which I have a attached collection of juices. I know that very few people might have the chance to know and buy Fragonard fragrances, but trust me when I say that when I get back home half hour later I sprayed Toujours Fidele on the other wrist, the smell was identical, same opening and the same drying, not even a small shade of difference.
Probably the only difference I can spot is that I can cleary smell a sincere and much better quality of the ingredients in Toujours Fidele, it is much less synthetic and natural feeling, not giving any uncomfortable feeling to your nose to deal with as in Invictus in the opening. Also the longetivity on me is noticeably different: Invictus was gone after 2 hours, when TF was still around even after a hot shower.
This is certainly a sweet juice to my nose, too sweet for my everyday taste, so I usually use a one single spray of TF before going to bed to be surrounded by a fresh and pleasant smell when I sleep. I would never say the same of Rabanne, it just smells cheap and unpleasant.
If you liked the scent anyway, give a look to the Fragonard online shop and order a Toujours Fidele from France, it's cheaper and won't disappoint you, garateed.
So PLEASE people, don't fool your nose with these commercial poor quality scents that gives you only the impression of a tasteless, displeasing and invidious character to deal with, your nose and your wallet deserves of better.

masak389
masak389

After the total failure of the flankers that have accompanied black xs, paco rabanne try to use again the synthesis component (allyl amyl glycolate) used repeatedly in mens frag which provides the slightly metalic fruity accord mixed with this new velvety lemony note from a macrocyclic musc used in black excess l'excess. Longevity and sillage are above average but the fragrance falls into the same repetitive "cliche" repeated ad nauseam. Aromatic base used is the same fougere note used in Diesel Fuer for Life to connect with male memorabilia. Again a total flop.

nonsisa
nonsisa

I'll take you to the candy shop...lalala.

Surprisingly well made.

Its also very intense and you get a lot of sillage.

Dominant notes to my nose:

Sea notes, jasmine, oakmoss, patchouli and ambergis.

It's not another 1 million but it ain't bad either.

Update: This has been lying around for 2 weeks now and is still projecting like a beast!!! R E S P E C T

Gault
Gault

Ok, its clear that most people have a preconception about this one (not exactly without reason tho) and simply could not imagine the right opportunity to wear it, but you shouldn't bash a fragrance because you are not the target audience (or because the advertisement fails and cant take aim at the right audience).

Let me tell you first if you are looking for a natural smelling fragrance from Paco Rabanne, you weren't around in the last 15 years, of course its synthetic and loud. It shouldn't be the next 1 Million, but for sure there are people who will overspray it and use it as The Must Have Party Fragrance Or Die because of the reputation of the brand.
Its an aquatic, sporty version of the popular oakmoss based fragrances like Mont Blanc Legend, in addition with a lot of patchouli, synthetic pineapple, just like in Black XS L'Exces.
And when I've written aquatic, its more like an energy drink than watery (Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator, its got Electrolytes!), when sporty I mean like a true "gym" scent, the purpose of this type of fragrances to energize the wearer after physical exercise or any outdoors activity (as the complementation of a shower) and Invictus do this job almost perfectly.

However there is a big problem with the fragrance and therefore cant compete for the ultimate sport category rightfully. Im not gonna say this often about a cologne, but its too damn potent. As a sport oriented scent the longevity shouldn't exceed a 4-5 hours limit and moderate projection in my opinion, because maybe you want to wear something else that night, and whats good for refreshing you isnt necessarily good for the people around you in x meters. Dont take it wrong, its not an unpleasent smell, but these intense attributes will surely offend someone (especially if you arent handsome enough lol), too strong for work, it seems somewhat vulgar or "cheap" for any important or special occasion, maybe some find it too ordinary or boring for partying, but the loudness, the longevity and projection just screaming at you for that purpose.
So summarily it tries to be both sport and party fragrance, but falls between.
With very careful spraying this could be ok for casual wear, but for that intent there is a high chance you can find a better cologne.

MrMookie
MrMookie

As i hated 1 million for its corny appearance and pushing marketing/advertisement seeying all the stacked up gold bars pushing away other great fragrances on the perfumshelves ( actually happened in a big perfum store where they put away 12 masterpieces to make place for the 1 million wussy frag ohhh the stupids ... This department told me that they sold so many of this fragrance they needed to make place ( yeah right ) ... i thought this was a one timer of paco rabanne who gave us so much good fragrances in the past

Now they suprise me again ( been on vacation) came back and saw this pointless crappy commercial of a dude walking in a stadium with a trophy on his shoulder .. Yea and? At the same time i was thinking how the bottle design was made of this fragrance and to my suprise its the corniest and most pathetic attempt of bottle design ive seen in years , well its a trophy !

Smelled it and tested it , so forgettable so ordinary and mehhh in the beginning as i expected a scent based on older formulations which had succes in the past ( chanel bleu, nikos sculpture) this is synthetic aqua with sweetness which in the base goes on the tour -de-cloying pointing to warm guaiac wood amber finish but gets the wrong turn, and falls apart in pieces. ... buy Nikos Sculpture for homme for less and get double impact , this is a perfect example why i love perfumes from the past

This is invisible not invictus... Please discontinue fast so they can make room for some golden oldies.

Here's a quick updated review on this fragrance.
I just feel quite cheated by my own nose on this one, as I previously mentioned I liked it at first in the shop and made a rash decision to purchase.
In hindsight it was a bad choice. After a while now it has become positively insipid something really cloying and headache inducing about it.
However, All this being said I can still smell the thing that made me enjoy it in the first place...If nothing else this scent is certainly an enigma.
Finally, my mum commented on it today which she never does, saying it was too strong.
It is very strong, which is obviously what they think people like about these modern colognes....not for me really this one.

richard.price.123276
richard.price.123276

I love this fragrance.

I get grapefruit and for whatever reason pineapple from the off. There isn't a massive change throughout it's life from opening to dry down, but 7 hours later and I can still smell it close to the skin.

I don't understand all the venom aimed at this scent at all.

Personally I find this way too fruity and overwhelming for a good scent. Also the advertisement is more embarrassing than anything else.

Svezzy
Svezzy

The shop assistant at the airport tried to push me on this one, as soon as i smelled it..puaah..it is revolting.

Crazysurfkid
Crazysurfkid

Firstly, the bottle put me off trying it sooner. When I did try it, the assistant kindly sprayed my wrist band!! Some 5 days later it's still smelling strong - and better! The low down is quite nice but took days to get there. Does remind me of Champion by Lacoste. Quite a clean chemical smell underneath. Would I buy, no. Why, because it's a smell that demands to let ypu know it's there. And it'll give you a headache.

tenortelfer

I feel i must expand on my previous notes.Not only is this a bad fragrance,the branding is truly awful.Some macho guy expecting to have his wicked way with 5 or 6 ladies.Spare me please!The fragrance doesn't match up to the image.Insipid fragrance,bullish marketing campaign=crap.

petranfx

why the house of paco rabanne did this shit

msanders1
msanders1

Lets be fair, it's not a terrible scent. It's fresh, longevity is okay - about the same as other marine scents and sillage is okay. But...it's is like everyone has said, a PR take on only the brave and as such you can't help but feel disappointed that they didn't come up with something different. I know with a fragrance being launched every two seconds its difficult to stand out from the crowd, but there's enough know how in the industry for something unique to be created. Which means the marketing departments are leading the company rather than the perfumer. IFF get a D for effort, must try harder next time. I'm sure plenty of people will buy this anyway and I'll expect to smell it everywhere I go which for me is a turn off, I don't want to smell the same as the next 50 guys! Unfortunately alot of guys go for generic scents so PR will probably sell alot regardless. I'll stick to Allure Homme Sport thanks. Oh and bottle is I find difficult to use, and looks stupid.

snails
snails

what a pathetic joke.... Wasted Rabanne's "many millions" on advertising... smells cheap, generic... a copycat. And what is all about the "new man's ego"? Is this the new theme in fragrance industry? see Eros, Invictus, Only the Brave... What's next? Look at my hairy chest or i will slap you face you f@%$^&ng pussy??

JoeMacchiato

First impression(on paper): Generic. Powerful with good silage. Party scent.

Dirk
Dirk

Smells cheap, all i get is a lot of the sea notes thing.
There s nothing really going in this scent.
Expected something much better than this.
I see comparisions with Versace Eros.
I can understand, but only a very little.
Eros is so much better than this imo.

4/10 for Invictus

Gazo30
Gazo30

When i 1st sampled this i was quite disappointed, not because its a bad scent, the scent is Actually Quite Nice, the main reason is because paco rabanne could of gone completely out of the box and made something completely different just like they did with black XS, 1 million etc, but to me there's a bit too much blandness with this, nothing stands out for me. its not a bad scent by any means but nothing special either, there's better options out there for the money

Woah! A lot of hate for this one evidently.

Hated 1 million and didn't expect much from this but I have to say I was pleasantly suprised to be honest.
Once you get passed the hideous bottle which does resemble an ern.
It's okay...I liked it more in the shop at first(so beware) but then after a week or so of using it I'm fairly indifferent.
I have smelled it everywhere when out and about since, obviously lots of people trying it.
I don't go off hype, the fact that it's new or how it looks anyway.
After the initial accrid flyspray moment It settles down and smells quite nice...that is all.

Na0
Na0

Well Done, Rabanne, Well done !

For what ? 4 NOISES to make one sh*t ! 4 people ! What's wrong with you ?!... Worst than 1 Million, I don't think it could be possible. *clap clap clap*

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Aww my aww my, so many noses behind all the "hard work" and they REALLY came up with this? And Olivier Polge is one of them, I certainly have lost respect in him... this is just some sweet cloying concotion of Notes, nothing worth the time. It will get 1/5 for the expenses the incured in creating it, otherwise dont waste your time, even if you are looking for something generic. Sorry, not me.

storm61
storm61

Absolutely awful, nothing to review, just stay away from it.

Dioguh

how can you people compare this one with versace eros? they have nothing in common --"

tomerits
tomerits

one word : BORING .
smells a lot like versace's eros which is also very very boring.
my rank 2/5.pass.

pronose

another cheap and worthless scent!!!!! just stink and i won't even use this in my w.c!!!!!!! rubbish generic cologne for losers!!!!!!!

ian85

Infectus : ughly bootle, ughly supermarket fragrance. No soul in it : another way to earn money with crowds! Buy a deodorant, it will be less expansive...and perhaps better.

perledejasmin
perledejasmin

The only thing I like about this perfume is the face of the campaign!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Here we have another tacky bottle from Paco Rabanne and the scent must have been a afterthought. As you get a intense sweet fresh jasmine type scent. It's cloying and a bit sickly when worn so do not judge it from a quick spray on your wrist or you will be sorry.

meama

Just for information when I was trying to say : Paco=L'Oreal. It's because it's important to me to try to explain the lack of idea behind this kind of perfume. They are all created by IFF without any intervention of a designer. Mister Paco Rabanne does not even know probably he has released a new perfume.
By cons the best sellers of the last year defines what will be this scent. For IFF It was Only the Brave (Diesel-l'Oreal) so the next big launch will be a copy of this best selling. That's all.
It's not important for them to educate to subtlety or be adventurous, more you buy a perfume more the same thing will be launch next year. It's even better if you're not familiar with high quality because it's a better profit.

IFF= International Flavors and Fragrance = L'Oréal PBI

jtappenden

Tried it today.Marine notes are brilliant.So fresh,jazzy & upbeat.Fabulous.

lalelu

wore it 2-3 days out now. have to give it a score reduction because the scents longevity sucks hard and the scent itself is really pretty synthetic ( little bit like deoderent )

6.5 - 7 / 10

brs
brs

ugly bottle , synthtic smell and incredibly cheap smelling for the price, buy axe deodorant you'll get same quality for cheaper

lalelu

This is a pretty decent fragrance. I find it much better then shitty eros ( smells like a cheap allure homme sport to me ). I get watermelon * a very ripe one * with salty and woody notes in the background. When the fragrance dies down the woodsy notes start to dominate, the saltines and melon notes still lingering in the background.

scent: 8.5 / 10 ( not unique enough )
projection: 8 / 10
longevity: 6 / 10

antonpan

Undoubtedly, Invictus is an exceedingly contemporaty fragrance, though it doesn't make the world better. If 1 Million was a trendsetter, this one is not the first one. For example, we already have Versace Eros in the era of a new wave fresheness. That's the semi-sweet freshness full of synthetic, without any prominent note, with a handful of modern masculine molecules in the base and a touch of 1 million-ness. On a skin Invictus smells like a lighter Eros without mint. In the dry down Invictus becomes fruitier reminding of Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme. On a paper I feel saltiness that doesn't notable on skin. The sillage is low (though it's comfortable to wear this fragrance), the longevity is decent.

In fact we have something pleasant, trendy, but without any WOW. Not new enough to become as popular as 1 million.

tenortelfer

Very synthetic,smells like bubblegum to me!

mshilov
mshilov

Crap in a cremation urn, that's it.

aysel yilmaz
aysel yilmaz

Parfüm alana kupa bedava :)

Riverwide
Riverwide

Extremely bland and generic. Like a watered down Only The Brave with some $1 Million thrown in. I'm not a huge fan of either of those fragrances, but they're vastly superior to this one.

It smells incredibly cheap. Like a basic mens' deodorant or something.

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

this one is a GOOD one is less powerful then 1M and a little like UV. it is a fresher and a little spicy with ambery flavour. lasts quite long and it projects well too. don't write about it without testing it.
The bottle looks very good too,
overall 9/10
well done P.R.

dozza14
dozza14

when i first heard about this I was a little concerned but having tried it today and holding the mighty cup in my hand, I believe they have done a very decent job with this. Longevity is not fantastic, but it is very fresh and great for sunny weather.

terry lennox
terry lennox

Very excited about this love all paco rabanne fragrance's haven't smelt it yet but im going to order it right now.

Dioguh

some people should do some research.
Anyway, its a light fragrance, summer scent, good sillage and longevity. The bottle looks better when you hold it in your hand. :)

Almiro
Almiro

this perfume is awesome and it's different so haters gonna hate... it's fresh and appropriated for summertime and yes it reminds me of something i had before maybe Only the brave but none can say this is a shity perfume...
quit free samples and buy a bottle then you'll know how it is.

lalelu

wow meama seems really pissed ;)

antonpan

meama, L'oreal has nothing to do with Paco Rabanne. The owner of PR license is Puig.

87) Infectus
Like L'Oreal who assigned the creation of one perfume to 3 noses(from IFF) P.Rabanne do the same (4!! from IFF) and I wonder what is the point exactly? These are the same noses as La Vie Est Belle and already it had ultimately given mashed praline with sugar. By trying to sell more they adjusted everything downwards.
Invictus is mostly a copy of Only the Brave halfway with 1 Million.
It's a "contrast" fragrance, dissonant, built on an opposition of notes where the various facets emerge intermittently.
The "freshness" is represented by a powerful metal marine note mixing aqueous fruits giving a final effect of a dish of dried watermelon shrimp.
Power is as huge as 1Million. This seems to be the new trademark gives by IFF to Paco Rabanne as for L'Oreal. Again the advertising investment is huge and again a distressing bad taste. After the shameless new rich who snaps his fingers for a free girl, it will be the champion who wins 6 easy girls without doing anything, good 80's macho mentality.
But who should use this fragrance at the end? Well it's mostly a perfume that would run on a neat young girl or a casual active woman. To avoid for? all the men who love this publicity or find the design of this (shitty) bottle interesting.

chilicocoa
chilicocoa

can this bottle be more stupid !

Net_Holer
Net_Holer

WTH... this isn't fresh at all.
Tried it today, it's a nice fragrance but not one of the bests.

FashionAlliance:

This fragrance arrived in my country (Portugal) just this week, I actually am surprised no one else reviewed it by now.

Bruno2theV

This is actually a very good perfumo, props to PR.
This gentleman has never let me down, with great successes like Black XS and 1 Million, this one will be the new powerhouse from the Rabanne family.

Quite fresh and watery but still it's a very good fragrance excellent for summer days.
It reminds me of something I smelled before but can't put my finger on it.

The bottle looks a lot better live than this image but it took me a while to spray this on my wirst.

Anyway, this one is a 8/10 in my book. Definetly a future achievement

meama

87) "Oh it's so fresh...but it reminds me something?!"It's what you'll hear in 99% of case after trying this perfume.
After One Million (Paco) the best selling for men was the very basic Only the Brave (Diesel in L'Oréal Group, by IFF). So obviously the new fragrance from Paco is a copy of Diesel ($, €, £, ...) realized by IFF.
Everything depends on the marketing focused on masculinity, male strength, in short all these stupidities that make men buy a perfume without even open it.
Avoid writing a description, go read that hundreds of other fragrances that smell the same.
"Come, come small wallets on legs" .... er I mean "Welcome man with oversized masculinity, will you be able to wear that?"