Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women
dislike

honey
leather
La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women Pictures La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women Pictures La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women Pictures La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women Pictures La Nuit Paco Rabanne for women Pictures

La Nuit by Paco Rabanne is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. La Nuit was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Guichard. Top notes are basil, bergamot, amalfi lemon, tangerine and artemisia; middle notes are jasmine, rose, peach, pepper and white honey; base notes are oak moss, woodsy notes, patchouli, leather, virginia cedar and civetta.

Basil Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Tangerine Artemisia

Jasmine Rose Peach Pepper white honey

oak moss Woodsy Notes Patchouli Leather Virginia Cedar Civetta

La Nuit Fragrance Reviews

Lalionne
Lalionne

Got a sample of this in the mail today. Wow! This is heavy stuff! Opening is all wood and smoke to me. Very heavy, a bit too strong for my taste. After the opening that lasts about 15 to 20 minutes, leather comes in and a bit of flowery-sweetness. No, I do not think this suits me, although it is an interesting scent. I imagine it could smell very attractive on the right person. Certainly worth a try, if you like woody, smokey and outstanding fragrances. But I would not recomment buying this blind, at least not full size, since this will not please everyone and it really has to match your chemistry.

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

i trust so much in the reviews from fellow fragrantica members. so when i find a bargain (like this one, on ebay) I'll study your comments like its my job! Dead on with the scent pyramid. SKUNK. A bit too much for me. Smells like menopause. Sorry. Will try layering with a honey gormand. Still no regrets;ever; blind buying with a little help from my online friends.

Yohji
Yohji

Glorious! Must have for honey-civet combination lovers. A sister of Shocking Schiaparelli old EDC version, but Shocking's civet clouds are flowing under narcissus fields, while in La Nuit big suedy rose grows in artemisia bushes..which adds to mildly sweet fragrance slightly bitter herbaceous taste. Its still honeyed-civet world, sensual, secretive, alternative reality to modern existence.

Wild Nights – Wild Nights!
Were I with thee

In thee!

Emily Dickinson

lizs123
lizs123

This does remind me of Soir de Lune by Sisley. Interesting that the time of day is both how they are titled. And it's true, for me, Soir de lune is like the evening, whereas la Nuit, is darker, later, like 'the night'. Both incredably sensual and rich.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Beautiful, soft, honeyed rose. I'm not sure what everyone else is smelling!!

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Edt being reviewed. To me I feel this sits between Joy / Madame Rochas aldyhydics with strong jasmine Rose and Rose Chypres like Knowing,Diva, and La Perla.
This smells more vintagey,somewhat musty like a grandmothers handbag. I'm usually very fond of many vintage scents but this may be a bit much . Especially in summer heat and humidity . I think I'll need to retest this in cooler fall weather.

emily7
emily7

Firstly, let me just say that I can feel the smell coming from the closed vial as I enter the room, without exaggeration. Top notes: civet, oakmoss, leather, honey, jasmine, rose, patchouli - resinous-animalic blast, in your face. There's initial whiff of sweetness (honey,jasmine) which could be considered as sexy or feminine, but is soon overwhelmed by darkness (patchouli, civet, leather, oakmoss) making it smell more unisex/masculine than femme fatale - as I hoped for. My other expectations (and prejudices) do not stand, as well; come-over-here-and-take-the-dirty- leather pants-off fragrance for a woman that means business? Not really. After the initial civet-muscle showing and developing/struggling with prevailing patch (it ruins it for me) in the middle, the drydown is most serious and serene trail of dusty rose and oakmoss. Classy. If there was any dirtiness, it is surely gone.

Yes, she was wild back then, but now she's Aromatics Elixir and married to a rich and conservative patchouli. Beautiful, just not what I expected.

(vintage EdP)

Bajar
Bajar

Last night I tried two drops from a mini I was given recently. I instantly fall in love with it and today I wanted more. It's not a proper fragrance for the office but I could not resist. Glorious, dirty, dangerous, lovely '80s chypre. Civet, rose and oakmoss in a stunning combination. Honey is also very noticeable and transforms the entire composition into a sultry blend. It's so captivating that I cannot describe it properly with words but only with a song.

Oh, the night is my world
City light painted girl
In the day nothing matters
It's the night time that flatters
In the night, no control
Through the wall something's breaking
Wearing white as you're walkin'
Down the street of my soul

You take my self, you take my self control
You got me livin' only for the night
Before the morning comes, the story's told
You take my self, you take my self control

Another night, another day goes by
I never stop myself to wonder why
You help me to forget to play my role
You take my self, you take my self control

I, I live among the creatures of the night
I haven't got the will to try and fight
Against a new tomorrow, so I guess I'll just believe it
That tomorrow never comes

A safe night, I'm living in the forest of my dream
I know the night is not as it would seem
I must believe in something, so I'll make myself
believe it
That this night will never go

Laura Branigan "Self Control" 1984

Alex1984
Alex1984

Oh my La Nuit! Why do the best fragrances are the ones getting discontinued?! My quest for La Nuit started with my love for skank and the quest for something stronger than Kouros. Even though Kouros stands out even today, not only among masculine fumes, but as a chypre, it's not what it used to be. I have memories from my childhood of men smelling of Kouros and it has definitely been castrated. The essence is there but it has had its voice muted. I prefer the memory of what once was...
So the idea of La Nuit intrigued me until I finally found a vintage (the only formulation known to me, as it was discontinued soon after it's launch) edp, sealed, 100ml, ready to come home with me.
I don't recall Tabu, though I'm sure that as a child I must have smelt it, but La Nuit fits the description of a powerful animalic.
The opening blast is a full on rich civet, covered in real oakmoss, along with a touch of honey to further dirtify things up, just how I like my animalics. For the first hour or so the sillage is huge, embracing me in a warm furry way and making me swoon until it settles down a bit letting the indolic jasmine and rose take center stage for a while, before settling in a leathery muskiness.
The animal has growled, and now even though it still makes its presence known, it murmurs, never shouts, unless you lean closer. Civet is up front from beginning to end, which on my skin is about 12 hours. This fiery animal has some similarities to Bandit mainly from the leather-oakmoss-civet trinity, but where Bandit is a cold hearted dominatrix, La Nuit is a warm, skin-on-fire wild cat begging to be caressed. Highly sensual, it evokes thoughts of desire, lust, erotica... One of the best animalic chypres I have ever tried, and one which I will definitely use without moderation, as I don't believe such a torrid love afair should be kept secret. Still easily available on ebay, if you love perfumes of yore and the sensuality of a REAL perfume, don't miss out the chance to try it, it's a breathtaking perfume!

...skin2skin...
...skin2skin...

I am looking for the parfum 7,5ml that is inside a metal case!If anyone of you already has this and want to sell or if you have seen this on internet for selling, please contact me in my private messages!
Thank you!! :-)

Ines65
Ines65

Just received my bottle of La Nuit and I agree with several of the reviews. My first impression was that of 'Tabu by Dana' then it went into 'an animal farm meets flowers' finally settling into honey softness. Ultimately I'm not impressed.

27asimenia11
27asimenia11

Great expectations!!!!Looking forward to smell this one and hope that although it is one of those that are rare to find...you feel true love at first sniff!!p.s.Does anyone please know where I can find just a samle of this?

I've only tried the EdP formulation. Complex; very rich and natural smelling, as well as strong. The "feminine" version of Kouros. Candyfloss fruity/floral lovers run for the hills! Need one say more?

cwolf

Okay, La Nuit, I'm so sorry, I tried so hard to like you, but no.
This is the only perfume I think I've ever come across that I couldn't like or even appreciate. Every time I wore it I thought 'this must be what secretions magnifique smells like.'
Straight up - I get hay from a dirty rabbits hutch, wet dog, wee, and to add insult to injury this sickly cheap floral hairstray smell. Like someone spraying glade airfreshener in a dirty stale house. Again, I've never experienced this in a perfume before! This is the first time I've ever washed something off, I've heard people say they've washed perfume off and I've thought "how bad can it be?" Bad.
And every time I wear this I seem to get really itchy, not just on the site of the spray but also all over. Bear in mind, like a masochist, I wore this maybe 5 times. trying a small discreet spray, and also a good blast all over. Every time it made me nauseas.
Did I get a bad bottle? I don't know. I get that a lot of people love this perfume and its supposed to be complicated, I can understand that. Just don't wear it near me.
Anyone wanna swap?

cwolf

I just received La Nuit in the mail today. I adore leather scents and got this as a blind buy. I sprayed it on my wrist a few hours ago. Its not love at first sniff... I feel like I need to get to know this one.
It doesn't smell just flat out dirty, skanky or animalic to me like I was expecting - its quite perfumey - its reminding me of sweet hairspray for some reason. hmm yes I'm going to have to spend at least a few days getting to know La Nuit.

migueldematos
migueldematos

Just received my La Nuit! God, was I scared the first seconds when I tested it! It really is Tabu sprayed on a horse, but I just can't stand Tabu. Seconds later, Tabu left the house and came the honeyed rose like the one in Gucci L'Arte. Things started to make sense. It was like a very hot summer day in the farm when the flowers are starting to close and you can smell the animals in the barn! It is dark, it is evil, it smells dangerous, like some cruel animal is on heat and on the hunt! Amazing smell and indeed the most animalic scent I ever tried. Could be a masculine perfume. I'm delighted, but still a little scared. This smells like danger!

thenightflyer
thenightflyer

I must say that after all the reviews, I experienced some trepidation regarding this perfume. I thought better of it and bought a bottle.My instincts towards certain tastes never fails to let me down.
The first application was somewhat cautious,I received a modest puff of fragrance which emanated from my wrist. It was pleasant I thought,but was that all? I couldn't discern the character of the fragrance so I waited 15 minutes and thought to hell with it!
I splashed myself with a more generous application and low and behold,the genie was uncorked. A haze of hesperidic notes unfurled all radiating a warmth and shimmering. It must be said that it feels like a sort of a leathery animalic Coco,Chanel variant(in the Parfum concentration anyway)with it's complex and rich bouquet of mimosa, passionfruit, neroli,aldehydes,roses,jasmine all dancing on the skin.
The initial similarities are deceiving however, as the fragrance evolves along a different path. The smouldering notes die down to a quiet murmur and dusk sets on the skin. It then become a dry,refined and sensual skin scent based on cedar, moss, labdanum and civet providing the finale.
I would recommend this for any leather/animalic perfume lover. It's not as scary as it's made out to be(if Bandit and it's upstart, Cabochard troubles you, then please give it a miss)And guys, please consider this as a option as it gives the second impression of heat on skin. Very sexy!

antfarm
antfarm

I tried this twice. The first time it was animalic and sensual, subtle, and did not smell dated at all.

However, the second try betrayed my nose with an assault of cauliflower aroma marinating in the sweat of a dog's paw pads. It kind of smelled like an 80s perfume that expired along with corn chips, dirty fur, and rotten vegetables thrown into the horrid cocktail.

I guess it's one of those "skin chemistry is everything" lessons we all eventually learn. Or maybe the sample expired.

After reading Assiduosity's review below, I couldn't resist ordering a sample of La Nuit. I don't have the artistry to do it proper justice in this post, but I can say that it is magnificent. This is classified as chypre/floral, but I think it is also distinctly oriental. I loooooove this fragrance. Right out of the gate (or sprayer), I get sweet honey, leather, rose...as it dries down the cedar & woods come into view; then - horrors - the spiciness starts blooming on my skin, and at that point I am afraid that it is becoming monstrous and too much for me to handle. Spicy fragrances do that on me. :-( But then, the civet arrives. Once we're in full swing the civet & honey perform their animalic magic, and the spiciness retreats to a more respectful distance, allowing the rose to shine again. I thoroughly enjoy animalic notes in perfumery. To me, they make a perfume smell more authentic, sexier of course, and add irresitible mystique. I suppose that's because I am of generation that grew up smelling and wearing perfumes with animalic bases. The thing about these animalic based fragrances is that the faintest whiff makes its point. No need to be heavy handed. The sweet honey stays consistently in the foreground on my skin, while various other notes play peekaboo, coming forward and backward – rose, jasmine, leather, cedar and camphory woods (patchouli?), aromatic spice, civet & oakmoss combined - that dusty funk. And amid all the advancing and retreating aromas is a sweet pure floral innocence, exactly as described in the review below. I like this fragrance SO much more than Coco. It keeps my interest - no, commands it. It is a very sexy fragrance, perfect for night time sorcery. I’m actually sampling it on a gray, sleety day spent indoors, and that’ll do, too.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Paco Rabanne's La Nuit is a perfume of the night, almost sacrilegious in its animalistic sexual intensity.

It is a fragrance both feral and fecal, given mediaeval epic length and grandeur by a structure of heavy moss-frosted wooden lintels.

And yet, at it's heart there is a powerful rose. Which, at first appearing innocent, is too revealed to be both knowing and corruptible.

This is a scent of labour and war like aggression taken from the brink of actual violence by the be-stilling force of a floral feminine aspect.

Sadly lost to us for now, out of print and unregarded. As long as original manuscripts exist its mythic status can only grow.

So that tiresome modern question? Male or female?

I suggest you go read your sagas for the Witch and the Knight play equal parts in this story and should in this scent too.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

What a beautiful mastery of rose this is. It (The vintage EDP) opens with a sweet spicy honeyed herbal quality that is difficult to describe. The fruit emerges, always smelling overripe. For a very long time after that, a beautiful wilted rose scent (Gulkand, if you're familiar with it) mingles with a very animalic spicy fruity middle. After many hours when it is perhaps its best, a stunning and almost completely unadorned animal base knocks your socks off. I can't think of anything more animalic than this fragrance. In addition to all of the pretty animalic notes, there is a huge civet note that adds a hint of decay. This is death interpreted beautifully through perfume.

The most animalic perfume ever - Turin was right. Utterly perfect. This should be purchased by anyone who is serious about their appreciation of perfumery.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This one could go on my short list of favorites, (as opposed to my lengthy list of favorites)! On me, this is a sexy, elegant classic. It really has the elements that would carry you through the day and night, and any scenario in between. At times it was oh so sweet, then that would drop back and the civet would come to the forefront. The notes play like an intricate waltz, always beautiful and uplifting.

rosalie68
rosalie68

People are so bloody stupid and have no taste. This scent should never have gone out of production. It is SEXY and still somehow, elegant.

Justyna
Justyna

Sex in a bottle. "Akats" is right: it's right for the very private occasions. From all the pefumes I use this smell is a typicall "bed smell" and I'm so lucky, that I managed to hunt it :) The smell of a hunter...

akats
akats

I bought an Edp also, and I was surprised to find it more to an oriental edge. As someone said, it is a bit like great orientals as Opium and Cinnabar. This is sweet. Animalic. Oh yes... civet is powerful here. I can easily smell the moss, leather and honey after the first 10 minutes, mixed with patchouli, wood and some pepper. No bitterness, no harshness. The smell retains always its animalic sweetness, but in a subtle way. I don't think it as overpowering, unless you overdo it when spraying it. The fragrance melts into your skin after one hour and soon becomes very soft and gentle. To be honest, I love it but I don't think that I can wear this in the morning. I will keep it for special occasions or my private pleasure. It is a fantastic smell but not for an everyday use.

cecyben
cecyben

I'm a fan of JEAN GUICHARD: he has made perfumes that I love too much: "Obsession", "LouLou", "Eden", "Montana Parfum de Peau" ...
Finally, when I received "LA NUIT" EAU DE PARFUM (untested) from FragranceX, I sprayed it on my wrist and I absolutely loved it immediately: strong, wonderful, fantastic, longlasting and very good sillage. This is the only Paco Rabanne' perfume I'm in love: I'm so sad it is discontinued ...

renperd
renperd

Very classic, very strong, very good stuff. It reminds me of the very spicy classics like Opium, Youth Dew, etc. but a bit sweeter. It could come off rather old worn by a conservative person, but very alluring worn by a 'spicy', on-the-make lass or even lad. Well priced these days.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Definitely a winter scent..goes on powerfully strong but mellows out. How I judge longevity is I spray perfumes on at night and if they are still on me when I wake up then it has good longevity. This one did not pass my test but that's okay because this perfume would be too much if it wore on for hours and hours. Overall, this is a stunning combination of notes and should only be worn by adults over 30. This is not a girly girl perfume...it is for a very confident adult.

pippab
pippab

In my opinion it's reminiscent of 'Cinnabar' or maybe 'Opium' although until the drydown I detect a tar note that I'm not nuts about. After that it's lovely. I don't know if I'll try to source another bottle though - I'll use what I have and then leave it to the true devotees.

glitterlust
glitterlust

This opened my eyes to the beauty of 80s fragrances. I admit that it is a little dated but still so much better than most scents on the market today.

It's loud and brash. The opening of aldehydic dirty rose soon settles down to a heavy dose of civet. Along the way a few of the other notes add depth; honey, moss, leather. It has spectacular longevity and sillage (I have the edt).

If you want something filthy goregous for those certain nights out then La Nuit is perfect.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Junto a Armani femme, Coco y Fendi ... La Nuit completa el cuarteto de LO MEJOR DE LOS 80s en este estilo, nocturno, dulce y embriagante cuan brandy o posima... lamentablemente nunca mas se encontro... una gran fragancia

waikikid
waikikid

EXQUISITE.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

So strange a year ago this was nowhere to be found. I finally got a bottle. I do love it. I put on befoe bed last night and it lasted through this afternoon. The civet is the total base without ruining it. I get the honey--amber--jasmine and a hint of the leather. The more i
I wear this, the more I adore. Completely a grown up scent and I think only you can be one to understand the complexity of it. I am huge PR fan and this just ups the collection. I know it is not being made anymore but I am curious if anyone knows how so many bottles can be found when I searched quite furiously last year and the prices were $70-80 an ounce. I just got one for half that. Anyway, get it while you can.

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

feeling like I'm part of the cast from THE HUNGER...

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

So classy for the night ! It remember me my 90 s.
Is it possible to find it in France ? Paradoxicaly it is discontnued in the country of Paco Rabanne !!!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This EdT is a strong, musky, floral-oriental chypre that smells like it was made in the 80s - and so it was, but it’s not a big, agressive floral. It’s much softer, mossier, and muskier than the typical 80s offering. I’m a sucker for this sort of strong-but-soft perfume, so it was pretty much love at first sniff.

The first thing I smelled was aldehydes, mixed florals and a mixed bouquet of musks along with the hint of a base that’s a cross between amber and oakmoss-chypre. As it dries down I smell a little of the honeyed rose and peach-plum that others describe, along with patchouli and sandalwood. At this point the sillage is gorgeous. Nothing stands out particularly, with all of it blending together beautifully to produce an amped-up version of a classic chypre. If you’re a lover of floral orientals and/or vintage chypres, it’s definitely worth a try.

solitaire
solitaire

This is totally not my kind of scent, but since so many of you Ladies like it, I have to let you know that it recently reappeared in Superpharm pharmacy network in Poland for a ridiculous price of 50 PLN/30ml which is an equivalent of ca. 10 EUR. Hope some of you will be able to make a trip to PL soon, or use your contats to get it. Good luck!

jtd
jtd

To read other people’s impressions of La Nuit, it is a scent of nostalgia, or something symbolic of an era (the late 70s, it seems, even though it was released in 1985.) I love that scent allows us to make these connections, whether highly personal or shared. To me, La Nuit is evocative of 2007 when I first smelled it. I never got the ‘takes me back’ thing. And having come up in mid 80s New York, believe me I yearn for those good old, bad old 70s. 70s New York was arcadia to the Reagan/AIDS scary 80s.

But I don’t get any of that from La Nuit. It’s the end product of a series of olfactive associations. Start with honey and civet. Honey registers to the nose as richness and starts to smell like piss as it gets concentrated. ( I know this from the comb from the hive that grew in our ceiling last summer.) Civet smells anal and then seems spicy /floral in dilution. Turn the volume up and down on these things and you get a range of strong olfactory ideas.

Set these two on the other principal notes, rose and leather, and the whole thing starts sliding back and forth between wholesome and jaded. Honey brings out the sweet and fruity elements of the rose; civet makes rose arid, spicy and hot. Honey makes leather rich and lavish; civet gives leather the nose-feel of sandpaper.

La Nuit allows others to relish the connection to an era. To me, the associations are a little more abstract. Isn’t it great that a perfume can do this to us?

cinsot
cinsot

Aah! My Precious. You are finally mine.

Your siblings (Metal and Calandre) and I have been waiting. Waiting for your much anticipated arrival for many many long years.

Are you the most beautiful daughter? Maybe.

My love for your sisters is sacred so you must learn to share the limelight My Sweet.

For now relax and enjoy your rank and position Dearest La Nuit as I am utterly under your spell you bewitchingly mesmerizing minx.

junior halston
junior halston

Too manly smells Antaeus -

Not the way I want a women to smell like.

krmarich
krmarich

This is the night in a bottle! It may be the ultimate gothic vamp perfume ever created. To be sprayed at sunset only! The first 20 minutes after sprayng, it seems so innocent, and then it becomes as dark and mysterious as the night. It projects like a vampires cape and at dawn disappears.

This is a chypre directly decended from Mitsouko. Granted her grandchild dresses in leather skirts, listens to Bauhaus, wears dark eyliner/lipstick, is drop dead beautiful and is really a man. That is La Nuit for me.

The composition is feminine, yet very rough, nearly androgynous. Roses, honey, leather, waxy, butter, peaches, almost too much oakmoss and lots of civet. Yes, I will stress this is a sex bomb. No innocent flirting here. It means business.

This will go down in perfume history as one of the strangest and most provocativly beautiful creations ever. Sadly its discontinued. Perhaps it was too naughty? I think it was just too avant gard for most. By todays moral fragrance standards-XXX contraband! There is still some to be found on E-bay for you curiosity seekers. Its worth the search!

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Fruity very animalistic chypre.

francoiseholan
francoiseholan

Smells like sex. Cat in heat!! The best of Paco Rabanne forever!!!

anitagoodspankin
anitagoodspankin

This smells very sexy. There is something in the opening that reminded me of the bitter green smell of tomato leaves. Then the glowing sweetness of a fresh rose at dusk that has spent all day being warmed by the sun. Something about the rose also reminds me of tomato, this time that voluptuous acidic smell of sliced tomato that to me all real roses have. I can definitely smell powdery old leather with a whisper of tobacco. La Nuit smolders and glows darkly on the skin! I think the sex or sweat note that people get actually smells more like the scent of dried saliva on warmed up skin. Weird, I know, but a very vivid impression. Virginal because of the true real rose but quite libertine because of the other impressions detailed above. Makes me think of think of someone who has just been initiated into the carnal by some passionate and skillful lover and is now has a profound understanding of herself. So rich! I wish more perfume was like this.

passionata20
passionata20

I recently purchased a 30ml of EDP of "La Nuit" and now i want more! A lot more!!!! Because this is an absolute stunner to my nose! I an madly in love!!!
Quite sharp in the beginning and a bit too powderly it very quickly settles down and transforms into amazingly attractive scent, one of the best-best i have ever tried! It is dirty sexy, boundaries-free, seductive, animalistic, a bit agressive and vulgar even, "Femme-fatale" like.... Everything what i really like. To me this is THE best Paco Rabanne scent ever creatued up to date! Dirty rose, leather, honey.... pure SEX indeed!! "she´s a man-eater...." this fragrance says, but not screams. She is flirting a lot, but never crosses the line though...
Very long lasting and i can´t stop smelling myself!
In one word, if you haven´t tried it yet, don´t even think about passing this one by!

Update: so strange, but while on my skin it is a stunner, on my friends skin it smells horrible and mud like! I guess it is a chemistry thing indeed.

Galya
Galya

E' estremamente maschile,non potrei mai indossarlo.Ho sognato di provarlo da tanto tempo,ma quando l'ho provato,ho avuto una grandissima delusione.Sento benissimo il muschio di quercia naturale che non riesco sopportare che mi fa venire la nausea(preferisco quello sintetico veramente).Ho il decant 10 ml edp,chi lo vuole-scrivetemi.
Translation from Italian:
No,it's a very masculine perfume,I couldn't to wear it never. I had a dream to find it and try ,but once I get it I had only a big delusion.I feel well a natural oak moss that make me almost seek if it's in enormous amount.
I had a possibility to buy it here in TK Maxx (UK) 100 ml for 5 pounds,but I left it there for someone stronger than me :)

imoore
imoore

It is worth to trip all over each other on
ebay for "old" chypre lovers!!!!

Top Notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Tangerine, Myrtle, Cardamom, Artemesia (Armoise)
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Pepper, Peach
Base Notes: Cedarwood, Leather, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Anamilic note civet

and who knows what else?!

It is so good it could easily be a Balenciaga, if it was not a Bandit soaked in honeyed-rose actually!

Sissi
Sissi

The leather note is promising but it falls
short due to the green note drydown but it's not merely a disappointment as it seems it becomes more warmer with the presence of amber and spiciness of rose
the drydown is almost like an homage to the 1845 release of Creed's FLEURS DE BULGARIE with it's warm amberic rose scent
but La nuit is more of a modern edgier
and yet less abuse-of-the-power of Bandit or a cigar smoked room like decadence of habanita, La nuit has an
reserved iciness an inner calm that bandit and habanita can't compare with
almost translucent of your soul and of
the namesake La Nuit.

Every scent tells a story every note
that a perfumer puts in each bottle has
a meaning to his or her life story or an
influence to the perfumer and everyone
has their own interpratation of what
conjures in their minds,

Perhaps for me maybe this is an metaphor
of why there's a heavy greenish opening
it has to do with the dominant worldly
woman and naive school girl sheltered and experienced and the two main notes
exemplifies well like the Leather represent the dominant woman and sexuality' and the
greenish note is the school girl yearning wistfully for her.

This is perfume is about repressed desires and a repressed sexuality in a
Bottle.

Persephone
Persephone

I will be blunt. La Nuit doesn't smell like a perfume to my nose, it just smells like most sweaty, animalic, bittersweet skin-to-skin sex.

mymlan
mymlan

I just loove La Nuit. One of the sexiest fragrances I ever had. Citrus and basil in the topnotes turnes into a heart of sweet honeyed happy roses. So far just a pretty good rose.

However, within half an hour the singing and joyful rosescent transforms itself into the most dark and whispering overblown rose, dripping of dark honey and... It's like a pulse that turns on that keeps asking you for more. And more. All thanks to the oakmoss, woods. leather and animalistic notes that now enters the heart.

La Nuit is one of the best come-hithers ever made, and I prefer La Nuit over L'Arte de Gucci eventhough it isn't half as sophisticated as L'Arte. Why? Because it is twice as naughty and consequently sexier.

Try it and give it some time of wearing. You will not be dissappointed. You will love it.

Edit. I've found out that leather i not working very well on me. I still love the start and heart, but the drydown is a bit smoky and sour on my skin.

Aldehydes, plums and honeyed amber. It reminds me powerfully of the scents popular in the 1980s. It's nice, but this in not my type of scent. Heavy 80s style orientals wear me, not the other way around

delphine67
delphine67

A very strong perfume, I got it as a birthday present in my early 20s.
It gave me a headaque. so I never used it that much.

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

hi, j, (suffering disociative personality disorder as i do, you know me by another name - 4gooddogz etc.) i bought this after reading your comment, tho' it's great when there's a consensus of opinion, like here.

i adore chypres. it's amazing that a perfume type with a very basic defining feature can be done so differently.

and this one is spectacular. the top notes suggested a gentle floral, but in a garden w/bee hives (lovely) and gently fertilized with horse manure. i love that smell. ok, each to her/his/its own. mostly the floral thing.

but florals in general make me glad i discovered perfume very recently, and i would have died of boredom before jacque coty came along.

unlike almost every perfume, the flowers are still blooming. but the drydown has been well on for about 45 mins. it's the lightest chypre i've ever met, but it is, w/out any doubt, a chypre.

usually you get the flowers before or after the sex. this is indeed sexy. maybe it will get raunchy, and i don't get sex on a stick at all.

but i do get crumpled sheets, and that intimate scent that crumpled the sheets in the first place. it's just that he ran out naked into the garden just as i dozed off about 15 minutes ago, and now he's back with some lovely, gentle frangranced flowers that he tried to arrange but ended up bundling up in a damp paper towel bound w/an elastic band he which he found in the miscellaneous drawer - you know,the one jam packed w/odds and ends that never shuts all the way.

it's sex with romance. and he's definitely going to call back. if he sends flowers, thank God he will intuitively send anything but roses, bless his heart.

i can't wait to meet him, but, on the other hand, i don't think he can live up to my la nuit fantasy.

SEN-BLOODY-SATIONAL. i'm going to ebay right now to pick up 3.4 oz for $107, so i can make decants for my fr... me.

j, i can send you some if you're out. you've been great. so i'll only charge a quick thank you.

what a great perfume. anyone who wants a 20 ml decant, just let me know. there won't be many, because i've been known to go through an oz or 2 of a new fave in one day, what with respray alone, and then mixing experiments.

i just love this stuff. once again, something on my top 5 list just got bounced. don't you love it when that happens?

guest_Steve
guest_Steve

I paid 12 bucks for a sealed unopened box of this stuff. Skanky, but good.

Polymath
Polymath

I HAD to have this, scent unsmelt, after having read a heated discussion about it on Luca Turin's old blog site where someone, probably Luca, described the scent as being reminiscent of mare sweat. It certainly is evocative of something very animal and pheromonal. It is wonderful, but use with caution.

Tarya
Tarya

Finally I managed to get few drops of this gorgeous fragrance! This is as fantastic as the very first time I tried this. I was a teenager when this was launched, and my best friend got this as a gift, I can still remember where we were when I tried this the very first time.

For years I've been looking for this.
( Wonder why they don't relaunch these fragrances people know allready...I quess that you could use eventually less money for the marketing also..)

This felt almost too strong at first, but at the same time I couldn't get enough of this. Animalic and leathery knockout, with a light honey in the beginning. This is a truly captivating Perfume, rich, and deep, and very very Sexy.

Dropdead gorgeous.

maggiesmeow
maggiesmeow

This really is a shame it's no longer made. Blatant, brilliant sex on a stick.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I'll get this notes on this to you ASAP-it's my all-time FAVE. Also, around the same time, PR created Tenere for men-I swear it's the same base, just with a little tweaking of the heart notes. It's very good.

La Nuit by Paco Rabanne 4.16 out of 5 based on 223 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne La Nuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne La Nuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Nuit by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Nuit by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.