Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men

Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men
dislike

Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men Pictures Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men Pictures Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men Pictures Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men Pictures Paco Paco Rabanne for women and men Pictures

Paco by Paco Rabanne is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Paco was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Rosendo Mateu. Top notes are coriander, amalfi lemon, mandarin orange and pine; middle notes are lavender, jasmine, tea and cyclamen; base notes are musk, sandalwood, virginia cedar and tonka bean.

Coriander Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Pine

Eau Parfumee au The Blanc

Paco Fragrance Reviews

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

This is a very disappointing effort in the line. Honestly I picked up a bottle of Penthouse Legendary for 5 dollars... and its better than this. This one is a no. Honestly .. If you like this pick up Penthouse Legendary because its the same ordinary citrus scent.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Paco is different from anything else in Rabanne's repertoire these days.

This brings the picture of abandoned factory resting in the shade of green thick forest. There's a slight tar nuance here which contributes to this industrial feel.

I don't quite like the top notes - lemony and sour. It, however, dries down to a clean, vegetal scent with a hint of Earl Grey, a tad artificial but very soothing and wearable. Unisex as it can be.

Incredibly relevant,even today. More like a CK Be than One. Also reminds me of non-feminine version of Cheap & Chic by Moschino.

nicobellik
nicobellik

I had read so many favourable reviews of this and when I saw it advertised in my in-flight magazine I couldn't pass up the chance to buy it.. I've never seen it for sale anywhere else. I was heartbroken to find, therefore, that it's basically just expensive furniture polish. Overwhelming pine scent masking almost every other note, apart from a hint of tonka bean. It's really awful, smells cheap and nasty. Honestly, my air freshener smells better than this. This is genuinely the worst fragrance I've ever bought, I now completely understand why it's impossible to purchase anywhere else. I'm making a mental note of all the people who gave this a good review, I'm never going to trust them again.

RobK
RobK

Just received this today. Paid around $17 for 100ml. After spraying it on my wrist I immediately detected some similarities with other fragrances. On my skin this smells like a combination of CK One and Azzaro Chrome Legend.

I didn't manage to test yet the performance but I am not expecting much having in mind the price I paid.

It's a nice scent for summer days it has a nice soapy feel to it.

For the price you can't go wrong with it. Nothing extraordinary but decent.

Arunas.K

Update:
I have been using this perfume for over half a year and I must say I LOVE IT. The longevity and projection is top notch.

It is very fresh. Frankly speaking this perfume is a power house. It took some time for it to grow on me, but I must say - this is a great scent.

I am still surprised about the price. Believe me, this perfume smells and kicks a lot more powerful than any other perfume in its price range.

20 eur in europe for a 100ml bottle is a bargain for this powerhouse.

I am not sure how, I am not sure why... but this is a hidden gem.
I am also considering buying a second bottle just to have it in my wardrobe.

When I am thinking about this perfume I always imagine it as a fusion of 2 smells I like (but not love per sei)
Clinique happy man and
Quorum by Puig

In my opinion it takes the best from both, and turns it into something contemporary, powerful, but not nauseating.

I will be buying more for sure. Surprisingly it has become my signature scent.

Guapo
Guapo

This fragrance was not discontinued. It continues to be produced and available. Excellent, in my humble opinion, similar but better than the CK One.

girasolina
girasolina

Sin! This perfume has been underestimated. Just because it belongs to the same olfactory family is compared to CkOne, but it is not at all the same. Indeed, it is very different, those who see it like he did not train well their sense of smell. And it is better for me! The success of Ck and the decline of Pacois only a matter of damned marketing! his intense citrus fruit not become dishwashing detergent and when it develops acquires a softness through the musky note. Price most just for a perfume suitable for hot, that does not disturb, and that lasts all day on the skin. It has everything that you have to ask a perfume. If you find it buy it and you will spend your money much better than if you bought the birds niche perfumes that last thirty minutes and cost a hundred dollars!

jarvak
jarvak

A superfresh and the most underrated Paco Rabanne scent. It came out in 1995 and the quality of this juice is much better than these kind of releases today. Great longevity and sillage. It's a shame that it has been discontinued. You can still find it at airports at the price of 20 euros. And I definitely think you should grab it.

Greetings everyone,

I would like to share my positive experience with Paco Rabanne Paco.

Its a great fresh Citrus, Pine and Tonka (together with some other elements) frag. Simply put its very good, though not for everyone. Surprisingly, for around 20eur in Europe you can still get a powerhouse frag, amazing.

The projection is between Moderate and Heavy, for me leaning on a heavy side.

Longevity is amazing. I was out in a city with my friends and used it on Friday. And after about 10 days I picked up my sweater and could smell it! And it smelled really good and fresh!

I personally do not like spending too much money on fragrances, but I think I got more than what I bargained for.

In a nowadays frag world of Vanilla/Tabacco/Ocean smells, this big boy brings the juice back! It teleports somewhere Clean, Green, Fresh. Its amazing how Fresh, Clean and at the same time Forest-alike this fragrance is.

People keep saying that smells, fragrances can invoke emotions and desires. This one urges me to explore, go into the wild, though does not turn me into a lumberjack.

Powerhouse frag from the past, reinvented for the present. I love it more and more.

Verdict:
9/10 - Its a bargain for a price. Give it a go if you have a chance!
Projection/Sillage - Heavy.
Longevity - Long Lasting for sure.

PS. If you enjoy slightly old-school frags, you could look into quorum by antonio puig, it has some of the notes found in this fragrance.

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

I just bought for this 19.90 euros at Menorca airport in Spain. I has this almost 20 years ago and used the whole bottle, from memory it was a slightly more masculine version of the hugely popular (at that time) CK One. The bottle is now slightly different, it's a black bottle with the top third being made of recyclable aluminium. It doesn't come with a lid or cap so the reviewers who wondered if they had a fake most likely haven't.

It's a bit of a 90s scent but it's very green and herbal. Great as a cheap blind buy to use as an everyday scent. It smells like it costs much more than it actually does which is a plus.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

A clean piny fragrance with extremely affordable price. This perfume is perfect for those people that want to smell nice without blowing a fortune for their perfumes.

It's woody, citrussy, sunny and happy. I get it why people are reminded by CK one despite that they do not smell alike. However, this one is more serious than CK one as it's woodier and more mature and indeed more masculine than feminine as others have noted.

marios4
marios4

It's a very good fragrance, everyone could buy at the Fiumicino Airport in Rome, 100 ml for € 19,90......for this price could be used also as body deodorant, cause the very cheap & affordable prize; however it's the BESTSELLER fragrance there!!!
Soon i'll update my review with the test.

GinWeed
GinWeed

This is super fresh and it has nice projection. I'm so glad this is officially labelled unisex! I'm a woman and I definitely use this, although maybe, just maybe, it has a little bit more of a masculine vibe than feminine. But I use men's fragrances all the time anyway so I'm not afraid :) The lemon and pine are sooo delicious in this!

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Is it any good on women? I'd like to know some opinions from women. :)

CikaCrni
CikaCrni

Pozdrav svima,

uskoro cu dobiti iz inostranstva vise bocica ovog parfema, 100 ml, planiram da ostavim jedno dve za sebe a ostalo ce biti pusteno u prodaju.

Mozete me kontaktirati u privatnim porukama kako ne bismo krsili pravila foruma. Podrazumeva se da je parfem originalan, cisto da ne bude zabune.

Mozete mi takodje pisati ovde u privatnim porukama ili me zvati na 066/555-66-55 radi dogovora.

Svako dobro, pozdrav.

Cassiano
Cassiano

In 1995, the perfumer Rosendo Mateu (House of Puig) created this fragrance that competed directly with the newly released CK One (Calvin Klein). The point is that this cologne has never been as disclosed as the one from the North-american brand and, as a result, it ended up disappearing from shelves and many thought that had been discontinued. But the distribution returned occuring for airports stores and, currently, a change has occurred in the packaging, which was silver and today is black. Another unusual feature is that this cologne brings no lid. It comes in a can and its packaging is aluminum.

It consists of coriander, lemon, mandarin orange and pine, in the output; lavender, jasmine, pineapple, cyclamen and tea, in the heart; tonka bean, musk, sandalwood and cedar, in the base.
Once sprayed, reminded me of Déclaration (Cartier), with its notes of coriander and Mandarin orange, also in the output, like a summer version of this one. But this feeling fades, almost immediately, and the similarities with CK One begin to emerge. However, in my opinion, this one is a bit more masculine than the other, which is more fruity. Still, it is marketed as unisex.

Furthermore, I believe that the success of Azzaro Chrome (1996) has much more to do with its countryman, than with the other, of American origin. But as Paco arrived and left without much fanfare, the comparison made worldwide involves only the other two that were mentioned.

In terms of longevity, this one is very much better. I wonder what went wrong at that time, since this scent could have been one of the biggest successes of the brand, just as happened with the competitor.

jaybear
jaybear

This is an ok summer fragrance. Citric notes are the most dominant ones here but I found some minty tea and even cardamom and caraway in it, too. I also spotted a hint of crushed blackcurrant leaves in the opening and that's a scent which always makes me happy. Apart from those pleasant whiffs and a mildly interesting base Paco is a rather generic citrus which quite much resembles cK One. It also has something in common with some wet wipes, which is not that great, really. Longevity and sillage are ok for a summery cologne. For me it is - because of all those slightly imbalanced features - on the verge of like and dislike, ending up in like category.

Ignitron
Ignitron

Light, neutral, inoffensive. Also dry, herbal, not sweet, and by spraying it on your clothes you will make them smell quite literally like an empty box from Earl Grey tea. And I like the smell of Earl Grey tea. That's the best way I can describe this scent. Does not announce its presence, but instead evokes the feeling of cleanliness and freshness. Lasts somewhat like 5-6 hours.

dfr44
dfr44

Paco de Paco Rabanne : Simply the best.

It's my only perfume since i have fiveteen. You can paid me i can't take another perfume. When i knew that Paco Rabanne had decided to stop it, i believed that my heart will stoped. But i buy it in dutty free, in airport or on the ferries.

Je vais finir en français. Ce parfum est tout simplement le cadeau de ma vie. Je n'ai jamais pu m'en passer depuis plus de 15 ans, j'ai tout essayé, tous les autres parfums, toutes les marques, rien à faire, celui là me rends ivre de bonheur tellement il sent bon.

Dieu merci, les dutty free en ont encore, mais il me reste que trois bouteilles à la maison ...

bassdemon
bassdemon

With regards to the post below, this is exactly what I was wondering.
Having long been discontinued I was very happy when I managed to get a bottle of Paco in Gran Canaria airport a couple of years ago. It was a metallic silver bottle in a black box and was exactly the same as the ones I used to purchase at the end of the 1990's.
Last year a friend got me a bottle in tenerife airport and the metallic bottle is black and silver in a black box. I would not consider this as a fake as it was bought from the airport and it smells and lasts the same.
However, it would be good to know why the change in design. I understand that Paco was discontinued at least 13 years ago so where did this design come from? Was there a change in design when Paco was out the first time around and this is also surplus stock?
I understand that Paco has not been re-launched and only surplus stock is available in airports. Anyone got any more information?
Would be good if we could also get some Paco Energy (silver bottle in white box) that was launched in 1998 and disappeared about a year later.
Note: Azzaro Chrome (original) smells quite similar to Paco but a bit more masculine and perhaps less unisex. Give it a try though it's great.

misstral
misstral

Could someone tell me if there is a new design of the bottle of this perfume. Before it was all metal and higher, and now it's less like a metal only at the top and painted embossed Paco Rabanne, and down the bottle is black. Is this his a new design or is it fake?

jmlab
jmlab

Muy fresca por la combinación de limón y cilantro, sus principales notas. Algunos considerarán que es demasiado típica de los 90's, pero aún hoy funciona bien para cualquier persona joven que busque una sensación de limpieza y comodidad durante el día. Perfecta para ir al trabajo sin querer llamar mucho la atención.

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

Yes..this is very clean and yes 9+hours on me...Chrome Azzaro and this one smells a bit similar..but then..this is also a wornderful fragrance...that tea note stands out...superb

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

when I think of this lovely metal PACO these pop up all the time;

90s,cool,simple,fresh,clean,unisex,nice,easy,relaxing,citrus,
energetic,young,sporty,happy,mtv ad,poor longevity,metal bottle,hard to find nowadays,discontinued...+ good old days..

so glad that I have an almost full bottle ...I heard that it is 'officially' only being sold in duty free shops to finish the stocks...poor old metal dude..

Elianik
Elianik

This perfume is wonderfull! that's a pitty that not many people know this perfume. it's simply amazing! its so fresh and clean, and this is the ONLY perfume that my mom uses. We dont have it in my country so each time i go to the outdoors i buy her~

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

Loved Paco and unisex fragrances of 90s. Citrusy, fresh, with spicy, woody undertone.

freestyle
freestyle

masculine, but not long lasting..wonderful packing and bottle..very fresh and nature fragrance..

sebsan
sebsan

it beings very fresh and citrusy , and after an hour it becomes more woody and musky .

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Fresca y limpia, similar a One.

KUESTO
KUESTO

Great perfume musky and with real woody notes.Very good longevity.Masculine and sweet fragrance.The bottle is so design and modern.Great job.

bp
bp

This scent is really cool.
It is perfect in every way.
Very young, nice, clean, fresh, energetic...
It is now very difficult to find it for sale.
What remains is only the memory of a great perfume that almost brought me into the world of perfumery.
I love it.

Bram
Bram

No, the most disappointing blind buy EVER(and 90% of my colognes are blind buys) I ought it in duty free and I got home, tried it a couple days, couple weeks, months and I had enough.... I decided to were it though, when escorting my mom to do the shopping..I almost puked in the car... it was so sickeningly sweet and the floral accords, didn't complement each other...I have the same prob with JPG Fluer du male, maybe florals just aren't for me....so I advise that you try it first before you buy it...and does anyone know if this was discontinued...?

KasiaS
KasiaS

I tested it in a duty free shop in Brussels lately, it is very nice! Fresh, in a rather vegetal way, made me think of being in a forest or in a garden. The beginning is minty and a bit powdery(?), reminding me of Emporio Armani for her. The price was great, I actually regret not buying it, it would be nice for summer.
The lasting power was not bad either.

Gregory28572
Gregory28572

I still have the bottle/canister I purchased many years ago and it has just a tiny bit left just to remind me of how nice the fragrance was on me. I daren't use it any more. I need to find this again!

atuk
atuk

Wow, I have never loved the scent of citrus like the paco scent before. So I'm thinking to my self why don't people who are tired of the so common 1 million scent and still want some thing from paco rabanne go for this. I also think it is more masculine to be unisex

iTone
iTone

I remember the commercials that used to come on constantly on MTV, they basically made me want the fragrance. When I finally got to smell it, I love it. Loved the metal bottle as well. Very youthful scent!

Rubies
Rubies

I dont mind wearing it all the time,its subtle yet strong.I got it as a gift and can't wait to place an order.

It reminds me of Issey Miyake Pour Homme and CK One mixed together or at least it's in the same ball park. It's fresh, sourish citrus musky note. Green pine can be a little harsh but not bad. It could be unisex scent but it's likely to be worn by mostly men. The bottle is interesting but not fancy. My bottle now has less than 20% juice, so I store it away and out of sight because it's sad to see it low on juice. I am on a lookout for new one, but damn the price is so high.

guest_Paco
guest_Paco

Very nice and good !!! For me its masculine, not unisex. It reminds me a little bit green tea with lemon and maybe with some spices. Very fresh and bright. Recommending.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

YEAH!
I remember this frag:)
When I was 17-18 I used to have this one too:)
This frag is all about being young:)

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

P-A-C-O! 1995: In mid 90ies fashion Rabanne launches his first unisex fragrance to commercial success. After the successful CK "One" and "Be" it was only a question of time that others followed suit. I loved the scent when I bought it in 1997 as I was young, the world was a better place and I was a young student travelling about. The scent is somewhat feminine to me and apart from the many igredients of citrus, I perceive it to smell of tulips...and I love tulips. If this scent had a colour, I'd have to be dark yellow, marigold, safrane, orange. Very happy and joyous fragrance that would please any young and agile person of a sporty intellect. Love the packaging: finally someone aware of the environment!!