Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Ultrared Paco Rabanne for women

Ultrared Paco Rabanne for women
dislike

In March 2008 Paco Rabanne launches two new fragrances, Ultrared for women and Ultrared Men for men. The design of the bottles of these new fragrances will have the same shape like the bottles of the preceding fragrances Ultraviolet i Ultraviolet Men. Only this time bottles will be colored red and pink.

Fragrance for women Ultrared brings the scents of red currant and wild strawberry in the top, star anise, licorice, jasmine and marshmallow in the heart, while the base is composed of cedar wood accords with a hint of vanilla.

Wild Strawberry Red Currant

Aquarelle Vegetales Eau Fruitee pour l`ete

Ultrared Fragrance Reviews

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

Honestly, Ultrared is a bit disappointing to me. It starts out very fruity and juicy, almost to the point of being sharp. The red currant is rather strong, but I can't identify the strawberry at all. After the fruity top notes have gone, it becomes extremely sweet. Just sweet, sweet, sweet, nothing else. Ultrared is the type of scent that I think young teenage girls would love. I find this even sweeter than the Britney Spears Fantasy line.

The marshmallow and anise note are in there somewhere, but I had trouble distinguishing them at first. To me, this smells more like cotton candy or some sweet candy stick you buy at carnivals. Ultrared is noticeable for the first hour of wearing it but after that it just becomes a skin scent. It lasts for only 3 to 4 hours, which I find a bit disappointing.

The vanilla and strawberry are non-existant to me. I can smell the licorice when I smell the sprayer itself, but it disappears once on my skin. I don't understand how that many people find this similar to Loverdose, my signature. Loverdose is a lot darker, the licorice and vanilla are a lot more prominent and overall I find Loverdose to be a more interesting and complex scent.

Overall, I'd hoped that Ultrared would have more dimensions and a more mature feel to it. I'll probably not wear it out much, because I find it to be too young smelling, it just doesn't suit me. This is a comfort scent I'd wear at home.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

The first whiff of this delicious fragrance instantly reminds me of Armani "Sensi", which is a very emotional perfume for me, my mother used to wear it when I was young...

Anis is very prominent, as well as vanilla, marshmallow and sweet strawberry. I just love it. It is spicy and gourmand, which I adore. So feminine and velvety, with a little spark.

Very good quality, though it's not an expensive one... The bottle is funny.

bladesabre
bladesabre

So disappointed in this blind buy. All I get on my skin is nasty spiciness and nothing else. I had such high hopes for this one. Maybe one day I'll find a scent that I can agree with you all on. :(

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Vanilla & juicy berries with a hint of jasmine. Very sweet to me. I really like it but not nothing stands outs in a special way. Lasts 2 to 3 hours on me and sits close to the skin.

sugarshield
sugarshield

Bought this on a whim because I love sweet scents and I found it on sale. It is nice, but not terribly unique. It's pleasant and I can't imagine it offending people if you wore it out. I split 1 spritz between my wrists and neck and it doesn't last long enough to remind me of its presence, if that makes sense. I forget about it and it gets very close-to-the-skin after an hour or two.

Like Eos, I can't identify a marshmallow note or strawberry note. I get fruit and vanilla, definitely, but I don't know that I detect any individual notes!BUT! It is very sweet, and that's exactly what I was looking for when I bought it.

Eos
Eos

Fruity, sweet and powdery with a woody base. Having never come across a red currant IRL I can't say if this smells true to life, it does not however smell like strawberry. I don't know that I would have necessarily identified the sweet note as marshmallow either. I didn't get any notes of vanilla, licorice or star anise. There is a vague floral note that could be jasmine humming in the background. Not what I was looking for in a marshmallow scent.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Again a Fragrantica inspired blind buy.
I've worn this a few times now and believe I'm ready to write a proper review.
First of all this perfume reminded me of someone and something. I couldn't put my finger on it... then I went to Sweden and tried my sister's Nina by NR. Aha! My sister likes softer, more child-friendly scents and I find that to my nose, Ultrared smells like the funkier, crazier, wilder and (despite of her age) more childish sister. Never have scents and reality been SO aligned ;-)

I mainly smell redcurrant juice from this, not the sour one my mum used to make, no, the one that in Poland is blended into beer and porridge and that was sometimes sold out on the street in plastic bags that we stuck our straws in as kids.
When I wear Ultrared, it's like I travel back in time to a day in one of the fun, carefree, warm summers, where you could eat ice cream guilt free and pick sun-hot-ripened berries straight off the bush.

I also get a very prominent star anise note which half an hour or so in, takes the frag off from the "sugary treats for kids" road and onto "naughty berry drink mixed with liquer drunk on a late summers night" highway.
For all the above reasons this is my go-to Friday frag ;-)

Sillage: moderate
Longevity: 5h
Overall: 4.5/5

Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Edit: The half point I've taken off for the packaging. Mine is a limited edition, sort of egg-shaped bottle which is a right b*atch to open.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This really smells like marshmallows! Slightly sweet and a little bit powdery. I do smell strawberries and red berries in the background too. An upbeat and young scent, that's not juvenile at all. I don't find it super sweet, but it does just about pass for gourmand. Very cute scent.

loonad
loonad

i just love it.energy filled fragrance.great for early tropical summer.very fruity and long lasting.

rubyred
rubyred

I've just bought my 4th bottle. It's such a happy scent to spritz on - summery, very berry, sparkly, powdery just yummy. A fruity floral heaven.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is quite a delicious scent, but it might be too much for me. At first I get the juicy red berries and the strawberry. These are quite prominent and equally noticeable. The licorice, anise, vanilla, and marshmallow peek out from the very beginning, but take a few minutes to unfold. Also, I swear I get violet. I have loved parma violets my whole life and I'm telling you there is a strong hint of powdery parma violet candies. I can't get them out of my head. I'm not liking how the frag is developing more powdery as time goes on, but I do appreciate it's sweet, delicious, yet not cloying personality. Overall I probably wouldn't buy it, but I think it's fun and lasting power and sillage are great.

vicka16
vicka16

Not a bad fragrance, but waaay too sweet. Too sweet and cloying for summer, too fruity for fall and winter...

Tsz
Tsz

Just bought it. Smells like all berries and marshmallow. Yummy scent.

CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Ultrared is like Lolita Lempicka edp plus red berries... Yummy and youthful... I recomend this one to anyone who enjoy red berries and spices, also suits for any age and season... Adorable!

mery09
mery09

It's a happy fragrance,delicious,perfect for summer.The lasting power is good.I hate Ultraviolet but I like this one.

citadel
citadel

I expected something innocently sweet, but this has more bite to it. It's a mash up of fruits mixed with Lolita Lempicka's edge. Should be sprayed sparingly, as this could become too cloying in enclosed spaces.

Ultrared by Paco Rabanne is a pleasantly sweet fragrance, which is neither too sugary nor too fruity. I find it nicely balanced and very easy to wear.

It goes on rather lightly, with a candied burst of orange and strawberry. With every fruit note in this fragrance, a levelled cup of icing sugar follows. It certainly prevents this fragrance from smelling like anything other than not so fizzy sherbet.

I don't mind Ultrared, however my sweet days are well and truly over. It was evident from the very first spray that this wasn't for me. However, I stuck with it for a whole day in order to give it a fair chance.

The scent overall was light and fun. It was a mish-mash of icing sugar, sweet berries and powdery marshmallows. Its subtle nature was quite welcoming, and I never once felt suffocated in a shroud of candy sweetness, which is a good thing.

The only negative aspect was the drydown, which my boyfriend commented on as having a stale-like quality. He went so far to say that I smelt like I'd smoked a cheeky cigarette and tried to mask the scent with a cheap body spray. Sometimes his opinions can be brutal, yet very helpful. Sniffing my wrist a few times, I can kind of see what he was getting at.

I personally prefer the masculine version of Ultrared. I feel that it has much more character and depth. I didn't mind this fragrance, however I obviously didn't enjoy it enough to snap it up at a bargain price. The longevity could have been better too.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I have a 30ml EDP bottle of Ultrared available for swap if anyone's interested!

Kamaty
Kamaty

Nice fragrance is kinda mix with Alien and Loverdose....
Is very easy to use anytime. It is sweet but spyceness make this not a girly perfume.
Stays on skin for a long time and drydown is confort and pleasant.
I'm realy enjoing.

olga1780
olga1780

Ultrared is one of the adorable and fun perfumes in my collection. It's pretty simple and casual, but extremely irresistible and hard to dislike. It starts very juicy and sweet, but without the cloying and sticky sweetness that is present in many gourmand perfumes. Very well blended and I even would say refined. So-called casual sophistication in a bottle. I love the drydown when the licorice and anise become more prominent, giving a sexy touch to the composition.

Ultrared is actually not heavy at all and can be very suitable in spring time to add some vivacity to your bright-colored outfit.
The sillage is everage, noticeable but not overpowering, lasts for a long time, at least 4 hours.

Smapyska
Smapyska

Well.. I have bought this parfume without sniffing, just after reading the reviews in here. I was soooo excited while waiting for it: Licorine - my favorite (i just love everything with them), strawberry, red currant.. i was expecting it will be something so special. Thanks God i've bought just 30 ml bottle.. It smells like a cheap falsification from a bazaar :( Not sweet enough, not fruity enough, not spicy enough. Just some light.. nothing..
It's very pitty, because i had such a high hopes.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

loooove this one.... it is an EL indeed? i was the lucky winner of two bottles, each 50ml for the price of one... i m so happy. ohhh my it IS sooooo delicious. strong sweet marshmellow with hints of licorice and staranise yammm! i think those 3 notes are my all time faves in perfumes ;)
longlasting, great sillage ! really sexy to bite.
reminds me very much indeed of Diesel fuel for life unlimited, one of my other all time fave perfumes - quite the same smell less the marshmellow. great for layering as the staying power of Diesel isn't that good as Ultrared from paco rabanne.
it also reminds me in the drydown of M by Mariah Carey but less smokey. thumbs up anyway!
nb. compared with the Kylie perfume this one is more mature and easy to wear while Kylie's Showtime can easely become overbearing, sickenly sweet and way too girlish. the similarity is obvious of course. i still prefere Ultrared.

Soutty123

I want to update my review - I really really love this fragrance. I love the original Ultraviolet and this does bear some similarities to it. There is no pepper - it's like a sweet and fruity version. Very uplifting and summery yet there is a gourmand sweetness about it that makes it just as a good a choice on a dull, cold and wet December day. Great value, good sillage and longevity too. 8/10 (taken off 2 for the rubbish bottle which is something that bugs me about Ultraviolet as well).

maltatude
maltatude

It's soft and sweet and to me, the rest of the notes play a supporting act to the beautiful licorice/star anise note. I love it! I never quite loved Lolita Lempicka because I found the notes unpredictable on my skin, with my chemistry. I was always finding variations and not always good ones! This, I can enjoy any time when I want to smell licorice. Also its very vanillic. I love the vanilla in this one. Zero relationship to Black XS.

Soutty123

As others have said, not groundbreaking but lovely, sweet and fresh.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Approximately this is a light version of black XS. This one is a well-blended modern scent. Not too sweet, not overwhelming? and not another common "fruit juice". It's a typical Paco Rabbane scent, so if you like their scents, you will like Ultrared. I think it will be good both for young and mature women.
Black XS is more for evening, Ultrared is a day/office one.

roselene.cunha1
roselene.cunha1

Ganhei um perfume Ultrared Paco Rabanne e simplesmente adorei, pena que não consigo achar para comprá-lo em lugar algum, nem no Duty Free.

SheShe
SheShe

Ultrared isn't a masterpiece but I guess creators' intentions wasn't to create such. I suppose they wanted to create a pleasant, sweet scent bringing red and orange to women's mind, very lively and positive. So here it is.

I like it. I like the beginning in red, especially wild strawberries - I can detect them the most. Then marshmallows come and they really resemble true ones. I also can sniff some licorice and wood. The fragrance isn't fully gourmand though and that's great.

The scent starts kinda loud and I have a young woman in my mind, laughing loud, catching every one's attention, she is the type you notice at once. Maybe the scent doesn't have depth like Black XS but it's easier for me to wear.

The beginning is strong and the scent keeps close to skin after that. The scent becomes somehow deeper in base notes but don't expect much depth, it isn't created to give it to you - it's for a wide smile on your face!

Ultrared is also easier to wear than Ultraviolet for me, Ultraviolet had an irriatating note (a bit metallic), I can feel Ultrared is from the same family but it's different. Far better than thin Escada with strawberries!

Bottle - couldn't it be prettier?

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

It's sweet,that's for sure!But also not that kinda girly scent! The overpowering marshmallow it's balanced by the juicy red currant when you first spray it.Then it blends nice with the jasmine,and it turns into a preety sexy scent that lasts at least 6-8 hours.For me,it's perfect in spring and maybe in the early fall.I honestly like it and will purchase it again!

P.S. I don't think this suits you if you like more fresh and lighter scents...

icekat
icekat

If you have sweet tooth and love marshmallows then you will probably fall in love with Ultrared. I was definitely captured by this gourmand aromatic fragrance with an interesting composition and upbeat and cheerful character.

The opening is juicy and sweet red currant berries and strawberries. The marshmallow note comes in almost right away. I love marshmallows and they shine in this fragrance. This is the best marshmallow perfume I have tried so far. The licorice and star anise are also quite noticeable but they do not overpower the heart notes. In fact, the whole composition is quite balanced and lovely to wear. The dry down is slightly sweet and light with reminiscence of marshmallows and woods.

My overall score is 7.5/10. I prefer to wear this scent in cold weather when I crave sweets and need comforting scent.

CavyQueen
CavyQueen

I purchased this perfume without testing it because I was lured by the wild strawberry note. I do not smell the the fresh wild strawberry I expected. I smell an overly sweet sugared piece of strawberry rock candy. It seems to be Magnetism's by Escada younger and immature sister. Magnetism has the basil in it which makes it more spicy and (to me) grown- up. It you like very very sweet fragrances, then try this one.

mirna86
mirna86

I tried this one, yesterday, and I liked it, not loved it, but I think I´ts a really pleasant perfume, sharp at the begining but really good after a few minutes, spicy-fruity-sweet, and I have to say thant I´m surprised ´cause on me, it´s suuuuuper long lasting, about 14 hrs! I give it 8/10

TheGorgon
TheGorgon

i love the star anise so much in this one! it makes it so fresh... yes smells fruity and fresh, absolutely adorable!

ren
ren

I bought it yesterday..yummmmmm...it´s a great gourmand, the strawberries are perfect...then the licorice and marshmallow step in. It has great lasting power...all day! It's winter here and it's perfect for anyone. 5 stars!!!!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

A very-berry scent which is not bubble gum-ish at all!
Berries, marshmallow, anise and licorice are really well blended and yummy here, yet this is not a girly gourmant fragrance. The jasmine is subtle and makes it enough feminine, while the cedar makes it enough fresh to be worn on summer. It seems that Ultrared was made to be a daring, audacious, provocative scent, and the nose behind it has really done a good work. Overall it´s still yummy, delicious and mouthwatering.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Red berryes , sweet, light girly . the anise and liquerice is there but there is no depth to it . just sweet. i had such hay hopes for this perfume but this is to week and to much red berry plain perfume.
this to me resambles the first perfume a littole girl can get . red berrys . and sweetnes :)
good for the young ones id say:)

poivrerose
poivrerose

Sadly, this is just not what I was expecting. Berries, marshmallow, and licorice.... yum, right? Not so much here. On my skin, this is not sweet, and very far from fruity - it is more floral and sharp. When I first sprayed it I was horrified to be surrounded by the scent of freesia because it is not listed as a note, and it tends to give me a terrible headache. But it might just be a combination that mirrors freesia, because it is not causing a headache. Still, I was expecting a juicy berry opening, and a sweetened vanilla licorice dry down - something fun and delicious. This is definitely not that. I just keep smelling freesia through the whole dry down.
This was not a very successful blind buy. It didn't live up to fruity/sweet expectations. As for longevity - three hours and going strong. Sillage is respectable.
EDIT: Okay. I've tried this again now. It is the middle of winter(I bought this in summer), and I'd have to say, I notice a difference. I still don't find this fruity at all. It still emits a floral freesia essense, but somehow now I really can smell the marshmallow also. And I do smell licorice, but it is not candylike at all it is raw and rooty. I can tolerate it, but it still smells a bit off. A bit like a paper bag stuffed with marshmallows? I don't know.

Mai Thy
Mai Thy

Just bougt it online, a bit disappointed, I love gourmand fruity but the strawberry note in this one is quite faint, not sweet or gourmand at all, I think its more of licorice, star anise on a slight base of dark berry. Its ordinary and doesnt last long, I do regret

Amylene
Amylene

Why do I smell something spicy at first? This only happens when I try it on me, whereas on the blotter it smells sweet and yummy.

lilou
lilou

I love it ! when I smell it I'm thinking about Cristobal - Balenciaga first, and then Organza - Givenchy, and Lolita Lempicka Le 1er Parfum at the end. It's strange but it's like a mix of these three fragrances, even if the notes are different. It's sweet and fresh at the same time, for young women who love to seduce people. It's so lovely, I think this one will be one of my favourite ! And it lasts all day long.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I normally stay away from fruity fragrances but this is delicious, especially in the beginning. It's a gorgeous berry scent with a bit of depth to it as well. The dry down is not fluffy but rather dark. I really like it for the first hour or so. Then perhaps the anise is a bit too much, it gets quite spicy but I still like it. Lasts quite long on me.

justlovethemirror
justlovethemirror

god!i just finished a bottle of this one!it's gorgeous!

svetlanacbn
svetlanacbn

I am really glad that so many people like this fragrance, but at the same time I am sad because I can not like it. It is too sweet for me... I can not distinguish the strawberries, berries, for me is just a kind of sickening sweetness that makes it a bit overpowering.

gresa
gresa

I have like more than 100 different perfumes, that i like and love and hate (I'm a perfume freak) but whenever I wear this fragrance it transfers me to another mood, it makes me feel happy, released from stress, playful and sexy, very feminine and yet girly. to me it describes like the perfect woman ( that's what my fiance keeps telling me whenever I wear this perfume). it is suitable for every woman's age , cuz my mom also like's to wear it a lot ( she is in her 50's) and my grandma too(in her 70's) and they get compliments also when they wear it. to me it's like the best perfume ever made, and best perfume of all time.

tschiepchen

I decided to add a proper review as I have worn Ultrared for the past 5 days and it is a really enchanting fragrance.
I used a proper amount of this perfume this morning (as usual about 15 sprays) and I was surrounded by red berries and pink candy floss straight away.
The sweet dark pink berry scent lasted for about 2 hours before the anise joined the candy floss (they say it is marshmallow).
The liquorice is not really there (I wish it was stronger!) but the anise does its job very well and becomes exactly one third of the composition.
Now, ten hours later, I mainly smell anise with a light hint of vanilla and the last remains of the marshmallow which means the base it quite sweet!
The berries were gone by noon but I am surprised that Ultrared stayed on my skin for the whole day!
If I had been to work today I would have used 2 sprays as soon as I had gotten to work and another 5 to 10 after lunch to make sure people who get close to me would smell it.
I doubt that someone who is not really close to me would be able to smell my perfume or if I wore any at all as Ultrared stays close to the skin.
The lasting power is immense, though!

i only got to try out this little gem for the first time yesterday and im so glad i did. its a very fruity and addictive. it instantly cheered me up on a dull rainy day. very sunny smelling strawberries and lush fruits throughout hinted at a light touch of candyfloss. must go and purchase!

tschiepchen

I have never seen this perfume anywhere until it landed on Debenham's sale shelf.
Ultrared is a gorgeous feminine, sweet, berryish scent with a hint of candy floss.
I bought 6 bottles and use it regularly.
Lovely scent.

Agent Provocateur101
Agent Provocateur101

A sweet fruity concoction, perfect for fresh spring days and warm summer evenings.

Initial spritz reveals strawberry and red berries, bitter, tart and zesty.
Marshmallow (candy-kind) and liqcorice creep in to mellow the tartness and add a good dose of edible sweetness.

The dry-down is my favorite stage of this fragrance, smooth vanilla and woodsy cedar compliment the top and mid-notes, creating an all-round pleasant fragrance, perfect for fruity gourmand lovers.
This to my nose is a more mature fruity scent, but good for all age groups.
xx

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Smells really nice and a delicous sweet smell,i smelled it this summer and really want it.It is a smell that makes you happy and bubbly

karlee79
karlee79

wow! this reminds me of insolence but with a bit more pop! it's not as dusty as insolence, it's more fruity and I can really pick up on the anise and licorice witch makes this frag super sweet. Also Ultrared is more peppery to me. Love this scent allot because insolence is what I wore for my wedding, but sadly there was a note I just couldn't take in it, so I ended up giving it to my mom. This one is way more my style because it is kind of a gourmand and sweet. I'm really glad I came across it.

BeautifulDreamer
BeautifulDreamer

It's not great fragrance but it's a good one, not confusing, very str8forward, happy, enjoyable...

Arexyz
Arexyz

It sounds interesting: wild strawberry and marshmallow...hmmm, but I hate licorice, do you notice it in this fragrance? I haven´t got possibility to test it - just buy it so I need some advice. thanks:-*

Kama
Kama

I bough it unsniffed, and I do not regret at all! In fact I love this fragrance…
Usually I am more into strong, woody/oriental or floriental perfumes, this one is more floral-fruity-gourmand and still makes me feel…WOOW..
It is like ultraviolet perfume mixed with strawberry/cherry ice-cream,…
YUMMY…

it's really sweet at the first sniff that I thought there must be Chocolate over there.
the second sense I got was strawberry I found it very mild & romantic.marshmallow has made it this way and it's not bad.
reminds me a bit nina or pretty nina.although it means to be very modern I find it more likely romantic and of course girly.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very sweet and red- berries smells like a coctail drink.
Long lasting fragrance, but in my opinion too much for summer. It can be perfect for winter, gives you happyness and balance.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

I like this frangrance. I would call it Very-Berry. I didn't notice much vanilla in it (which is good for me).
I liked to wear it this summer, but will not buy again when it's gone...
I still like Ultraviolet Colors of Summer muuuuch better.

smoki
smoki

This is a great perfume for me. Just the kind I like - fruity and sweet. Almost like a strawberry candy.

bnlrose
bnlrose

Pretty nice. Not my favorite, but I would wear it. I agree that it is a good fragrance for the spring.

mudpach
mudpach

Its a lovely fruit- fragrance, not too long-lasting...its ideal for spring.

amanda
amanda

Its nice but not unique, it smelles almost the same like L'occitane honey & milk. And its not for summer i think its not light enough for a summer fragrance

Ultrared by Paco Rabanne 3.80 out of 5 based on 293 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Ultrared fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Ultrared, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ultrared by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ultrared by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.