Designers » N-Q » Citrus Gourmand « Groups

Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne for men

Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

Ultrared Men Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

Ultrared Men by Paco Rabanne is a Citrus Gourmand fragrance for men. Ultrared Men was launched in 2008. Top note is blood orange; middle notes are tonka bean and praline; base notes are patchouli and vanilla.

Blood Orange

Tonka Bean Praline

Patchouli Vanilla

Ultrared Men Fragrance Reviews

farhan9
farhan9

i have a tester of this around 80ml if u wanna buy it contact me UK only!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Somehow with blood orange being a top note it lasts throughout the longevity of the scent. You would think the vanilla or prailine would overtake it but it does not. They blend well together as well as the Tonka and light touches of patchouli. This is definitely unisex and reminds me of Lagerfield FLOriental. Both have great longevity and nice sillage. Too bad it's discontinued but if you do see it, grab it!

Lord_Sterling
Lord_Sterling

My favorite fragrance of all time! I'm in love this scent, the blood orange hits you like an arrow from cupid and the journey begins. When it comes to Ultrared all I can say is sit back and enjoy the ride! 10/10

JamesVT
JamesVT

Hard to find, used to have it. Very sweet from what I remember.

Trojan78
Trojan78

No mas palabras.

Simplemente DELICIOSO

34THN13
34THN13

Paco Rabanne Ultrared so different and high quality fragrance. Praline + Vanilla u think this is heavy and boring stuff.. But no this is very good and very attractive scent. Because Blood Orange note so good. First spray u feel Blood Orange whiff. So energic, attractive and smokiness. 1 hours later u whiff more Tonka Bean and Praline like as chocolate and 2 hours later Vanilla note coming.. Really smell good. When I wear this scent my friends ask my perfume. This scent most compliments and girls like Ultrared. I like Ultraviolet and Ultrared both different scents. Wearable all seasons. Longevity 9+ hours on my clothes and 5 hours stay on my skin this is enough and good. Sillage is wonderful. One day my friend this stuff smells like V de Vakko. Yes smells like Vakko but only Base Notes similar to Ultrared. Patchouli and Vanilla notes so similar but Vakko fresh, Ultrared smokiness and sweet. Make your choice Ultrared or Ultraviolet ;)

Projection: 9/10
Sillage:9/10

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

From the bitter/fresh phase of grapefruit i was almost immediately transferred to sweet praline stadium mix with vanilla which is divine. But why the whole scent last so short on me? That is the big disappointment because the composition is very nice and i was not expecting so perfectly blended ingredients from a man scent.

fareed.k

I used this fragrance in 2008 when it was launched i believe, It is more sweeter & candyish, it is definetely cool and unique but dosn't last longer, specially in summer.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is a lovely unisex fragrance :)
Opens up with tangy fresh oranges after which it "crawls" through the heart where pralines lend their sweetness to the blend and it finally settles down on the base of slightly earthy patchouli and creamy sweet vanilla...
Luscious!!

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

I was very eager to try Ultrared Man due to the positive reviews I had read and my hunt to find the ultimate summer fragrance. The concept of a masculine summer gourmand piqued my interest. It does start of very nicely, with a soft, pillowy citrus note. There is a definite “fruit punch” vibe with Ultrared Man. It is fun, charming, and witty, which are qualities that I admire greatly in a fragrance. The citrus fades quickly, leaving a slightly musky vanilla. I'm not so sure that there's a definite praline note as opposed to the entire composition having a soft, candyish quality.

Ultrared Man is a well-done, original fragrance in a cool bottle. Unfortunately the longevity is horribly lacking. It's a nice scent, but it doesn't last long enough. Simple as that.

Smyle12

You can buy a 3.4 oz for ONLY... $270 on amazon! I'm glad I bought mine last summer for $54 bucks on ebay. Now, I'm wishing I'd purchased about ten of them right now. Mr. Mookie was right!!! :O And oh, how I DO ADORE this seldom worn scent! :D

yatan
yatan

I could't find this stuff nowhere. My friend finally bought it to me as a present and I think it is colder scent than I thought. It says sweet, but I don't think it is going to smell the same during the summer and winter. It is very interesting scent. Nothing you have ever smelled before. Very original but also very picky. Women generally like this stuff more than men. It is very unique scent. Can't wait to test it through summer. So far, I liked Black XS more during the winter.8/10

irfan106
irfan106

its awesome

MrMookie
MrMookie

Just bought 2 bottles because if the price drop. (10$ a 1.7 bottle!) and it was on my want list as im interested in gourmands lately (since my Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin adventure)

As LLAM has this liquorice high pinch here it is in the top by blood orange.

Its fantastic! its simple and its mesmerizing because what I SMELL is what i SEE in the top-mid and basenotes.
Its plain THAT simple and thats why i like this also.

Starts blood-orange zesty for 2-4 mins. Then evolving in a rapid tempo to a warm vanilla-praline combo! where vannila is in the background coming up and i think the tonka holds its sweetness up.
Im not sure about the longevity because maybe my dry skin absorbds all these days in winter time.
The praline is never cloying! its well behaved and never too sweet.

It should named Ultra-Eatable and i think (me disliking Ultraviolet) its a shame this one is sparingly available and almost out of stock.
I always ignored Ultrared because of the same botte design as Ultraviolet giving me the idea these scents where in the same line but dont understand me wrong! Ultrared is a whole other league (sniffs my arm for the 24th time now and the vaniila is kicking more in but in a slow tempo as if the vannila is together with an army of strawberries)

I think this is gonna be the new Yohji Homme because its rareness in the next 10 years to come.
Watch my words this one will be spoken all over basenotes and Fragrantica and will be expensive on ebay!
Ultrared is an Exotic,Erotic and Estatic gourmand not to miss!!
I call it UltraRE,E&ED :-)

Classic,timeless

rockindave
rockindave

This one is the shiz… Sweet but not ridiculously so; the top notes are orange / citrus and it dries down to a gourmand lavender / praline / vanilla fragrance which is simply divine and very nicely balanced. I wear this anytime; anywhere. I disagree with the reviews that state it is like “Black XS” (thanks folks!); I bought Black XS when I couldn’t find any Ultrared after reading that here and found it waaaayyyy sweeter… Ultrared is more like Rochas Man; it has more bite than Rochas but they are quite similar in the whole vanilla / praline thing.. Ultrared is difficult to find here in Australia; I believe it has been discontinued.. however, I found some online.. happy days! :-)

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A smoky-candy sweet, sexy, smouldering fragrance...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1 hour. Initially floods the room, then 2 foot strong projection. There is clear orange, which is powdery and ultra strong, sexy. Ages 22- 37

1 hour - 4 hours - 4 inch projection. Sexy smokiness penetrates and this is sooo sexy, with a gentle vanilla undertone, yet mostly smokey-candy.... As Jim Carey Says in The Mask.."Ssssmokin...!!"

4 hours - 7 hours 1 inch projection. Smokiness gets even more potent

7- 9 hours. Close to skin. Smells like candy oakmoss. Ages 30 -42

I wore this on holiday in the Sun of Gran Canaria and it was hard to smell the orange, but back home in the cold U.K the blood orange stands out

This is close to gourmand

IMHO this is light years better than Ultra Violet and better than 1 Million.

Also, IMHO Lovers of Niche frags would like this also

I am not sure why this is not more of a commercial hit, perhaps the bottle is a bit too gimicky and plastic and looks like its for children? Not sure, the smell itself is really good and many would surely like

Very Good

rizan83
rizan83

unfortunately, this frag is so hard to find. where can I purchased it?

imthesamyouknow
imthesamyouknow

Smells exactly like those orange fruit jellies. It is gourmand like fruit jelly, not very sophisticated but not so very unsophisticated. It is extremely sweet too sweet for me even. Awful bottle design feels like a staple gun. I don't get the lasting power everyone is praising maybe a few hours and at that after half an hour it just becomes a half sweet half powder mess for me. Dislike but if you have fond memories of anything related to Sunkist go for it

Smyle12

This stuff is great! Definitely the best, and perhaps only designer summer gourmand that money can buy, and by FAR the very best release from the house of Paco Rabanne. On top you are initially greeted with a very pleasant, yet unlisted anise note, and then just minutes later, sweet, juicy, delicious blood orange joins the party which is then followed by a very well done caramelized, nutty, praline accord and a small dose of (also unlisted) sandalwood as well. Although there is a bit of vanilla present in the opening, it doesn't begin to truly assert itself and combine with the everlasting blood orange note until after about an hour or so, creating a heavenly creamsicle vibe that smells wonderful and persists throughout. There is definitely some semblance to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin in this fragrance because of the praline, anise, and vanilla combination, however, this time, the sharp, synthetic licorice of that fragrance is welcomely absent, replaced instead by the juicy, unique, summery citrus scent of blood orange. Although this IS a sweet fragrance (it's a gourmand!), it's "sweetness" is balanced perfectly by a very subliminal sandalwood and the scent itself never becomes too heavy, nor will it become cloying in sweltering heat or overcrowded rooms. This is a light, meticulously well-crafted designer gourmand, making "Ultrared" is THE quintessential summer scent for any gourmand fan out there. If you love these edible types of fragrances (as many women do, guys!), and want something that smells sweetly sublime, yet doesn't repulse in the oppressive heat of summer, look no further than PR's, Ultrared. This fragrance will makes Hanae Mori's "HM" EDP", another citrus-gourmand, smell almost rank in a side-by-side, summer, comparison. Save that scent for the winter, guys. That's when it was MEANT to be worn. Yes, it does smell like mint and candied lemons off the top, but that DOES NOT MEAN it was meant for summer! Paco Rabanne's yummy and sadly discontinued, "Ultrared", is.

EDIT: I get about 6-7 hours of projection and about 9 or so of longevity on this pup, both of which are very respectable. It's a fantastic, delicious, scent, it just isn't the most refined.

OVERALL: 8/10.

leecher88
leecher88

i heard so many times that this is gourmand but did not know whats exactly gourmand smell..

AND NOW I KNOW IT THIS IS GOURMAND SMELL

wow amazing the blood orange note is fantastic in the beginning so its not the whole time linear and the drydown is mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

its not yummy like a cake to eat no its mmmmmmm when you say wow this smells very good

its in my top 10 for sure unfortunately its discontinued so if you get the chance to blind buy dont bother

such a delicious scent

10/10 for sure

raverdudes
raverdudes

I just got my 100ml bottle of Ultrared, which I bought unsniffed based on the reviews here, and I MUST thank you all for such wonderful reviews and recommendations. This is simply delicious! Such a perfect frag for gourmand lovers (like myself). It opens very citrusy/sweet, but it doesn´t take long till you get this yummy notes of tonka beans and praline... I may edit this later, since I applied it not long ago. But this is definitely a purchase impossible to regret. Great great scent!

Update:

I had to buy two more bottles of this fantastic juice. My friends were driving me crazy asking me to get it for them. This is definitely a keeper, and it moved up to my top 5 list!!

ic3m4n
ic3m4n

at first you get synthetic blast of citrus (i'd say grapefruit) and then after about an hour later magic begins...mmmmm divine praline with vanilla.
This duo stays in front for some time (say about 6 hours) and then base notes come on stage.
I must say it's perfume for sweet teeth lol
I approve!
Highly recommended for younger crowd (16-twenty something) and all who just enjoy sweet!
Oh..it's just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JazzBirdSinger

just gave this to my fragrantica soulmate...of course, i decanted myself a one ounce of this attention grabber and compliment getter.
the day i gave it away, i had three people stop and turn their heads to ask me
what i was wearing!
looove when that happens : )

Chimp
Chimp

Ultrared Men is a very nice and tender fragrance, the praline note smells exactly like chocolate. Some soft citrus notes and a bit of vanilla results in a very smooth, warm and confortable fragrance, even better than the mighty Givenchy Pi

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

so sweet
a bit sinthetic but the bitter orange with that kinda candy feeling makes it worth
gourmand for younger people
the best is that is was no so popular so now is rar to find anyone else wearing it
if u like xeryous rouge try this

GreenBrownEyes
GreenBrownEyes

Coutureguru yes! U are being a moron =))
And an epic one too.

ley
ley

great fragance , one of my favourite it's a very good option for parties !

Redpula
Redpula

This is my new purchase, just three days ago. I didnt find this in our leading malls but alas, I made a blind buy of this last stock from an independent perfume store.
This perfume is so sweet but so good. The sweet scent of blood orange lasted in my skin for two hours before it transform to a kinda chocolate scent and I love it even more.
This is great in evening use, but also ok in daytime as it is sweet, fresh and pleasant. Sillage and longevity is great. It last in my skin more than 6 hours.
I did not regret buying Ultrared. Im not sure but somehow in the dry down, i smell a slight hint of Alien or Angel for women.
I think women can use this as well. If you like sweet and kinda chocolate fragrance then i recommend this perfume.

Addendum haha : Good news! I just used it yesterday 6pm, it is now 4am and I can still smell it on my skin. Same with Givenchy Very Irresistible for Men. Whoa! They are great frags! very impressive! But Roche Desir fragrance gone by 3am.

onimoka
onimoka

I bought it to my husband and i can just eat him when he wears it. mmm...yummmy...:)

JazzBirdSinger

i am completely droooooling over this!
yummmm
big juicy blood orange...
the tart citrus blast followed by the savory praline
makes my mouth water.
warms down to oriental vanilla bean.
this baby is mine....aaalllll mine : )
btw, the ultrared for women is just as delicious, sweet strawberries and marshamllow....this is the best pair ever

Endymion
Endymion

I really, really like this fragrance. It's sweet, fresh, gourmand, delicious, never cloying but a bit "sticky" :)
However, as much as I do love this fragrance I never get ANY compliments wearing it :((( This is very off-puting since I find it alluring and use it at special occasions and no one ever said that I smell good or anything. And people wear fragrances partly so that others notice how good s/he smells.

hay81hay
hay81hay

Blood Orange dominate the opening with sweet touch, make a lovely citrusy at the beginning , after while goes to next stage: decrease of citrus and raise of oriental touch
finally drydown to mix of oriental, woody, sweet, (the drydowen didnt that great as top and middle)

i really love the opening, its one of the best part in ultrared man, in general it share a bit with 1 million it looks like 1 million with less floral and spicy,
pacco rabanne is a rock in sweet scent.

longevity and sillage are very good.
it was blind buy , and i am Happy with it.

I was so happy to find this in a little boutique called Fine Fragrances at a mall near the city, along with some other rarities. I was horrified when I heard the price: $92.00 for 50 ml!?! (Almost CREED type pricing~$2 per ml!) Needless to say...it's still at the shoppe, along with the crazy Russian lady who owns it. As are Versace V/S Homme, and too many more to list...Why must people who know a scent has been discontinued, gouge us who did not even know of its existence before it went away??...This review is from a tester spray on paper, and on my coat:

This scent is so very nice (and I too agree with Kristo-very unisex)...blood oranges have a smell (and taste) all their own. More 'rich' and sweet without the tartness of tangerines or clementines. This alone is the only citrus present, but it is more than enough to brighten it and blend well with the heavier 'foody' notes. The creamy body of tonka's smooth soft warmth with the sweet dryness of pralines is fantastic. The drydown of gooey caramel (though not listed I definitely get carmel), raw 'chewy' patchouli and sweet gourmand vanilla makes this so sexy and I wish now that I had known that shop was there before I spent most of my money. :-( I did get Spark Men for 20 bucks for a 50 ml, though...but it is not the same!
This is something that would work well day or night, and the citrus is good for summer and the orientalness (and gourmand tones) superb for the cooler times. I must find this scent, and SOON!

Sillage: very good
Longevity: great(on clothes & paper)
Overall: 4.25/5

I have never smelled the Black XS, but I can understand what it must smell like after saying this is the sibling of BXS and UltraViolet Man...I have only very recently discovered the wonder of citrus gourmands and though this may smell common to some, where I live there is NOTHING like this. To me it is unique...different from The Secret, Angel (and A*Men) yet similar enough to radiate quality and deliciousness.

periquito89
periquito89

Nothing particularly original. I agree with Cassiano that someone could confuse with a scent with the style of Angel and also Avon Tomorrow Man. I think is something between those sweet scents and something just a bit more formal but still creamy, like Emporio Armani Diamonds. Not bad, but too many scents like this around here...

milancelisac
milancelisac

I totally agree with those who support the idea that this one echoes Angel by T.M. It's the same kind of lavishness bordering with ecstatic celebration of a hot summer's night!!!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Well, this is the kind of scent that I really like: sweet, playing the gourmand style and that fits with night, sensuality, etc.

It's a jovial and easy to please cologne to both male and female audience.
On my skin, it resulted in a smell of caramel with a hint of maraschino cherry, even though not having any of these ingredients in its composition.

It reminded me of a more caramelized Black XS. The lasting is very good!
However, it is the kind of fragrance that I consider "common place". It's the type that people stop you to ask: "Is it Angel?"; "Is it 1 Million?"; "Is it Black XS?"
On a scale of 10 stars, I would give 7.

guest_Dan
guest_Dan

I've noticed this is getting quite hard to find - has it been discontinued??

costaleo
costaleo

Ultrared is a very comfortable sweet gourmand fragrance. The kind you put to feel good and pleased. The orange helps the fragrance keep its charm and still bring the sweetness to its core. There is something really unique and special about Ultrared that helps my day and nights get cozier and comforting.

gundisalvus
gundisalvus

Este perfume me lo auto regale para mi 29 cumpleaños en Salta. Si te gustan los perfumes fuertes y dulzones, te recomiendo este de una. En mi casa es uno de los más odiados por lo “oloroso” que es pero bue, no tienen buen olfato jaja.
Personalmente me gusta usarlo en invierno o cuando hace frío porque es muy cálido el perfume. Viene muy bien para salir de noche y hacerse el top.

nural
nural

remind me of roca wear but this is way way better. it is ashame that this is limited edition of ultraviolet, they should put it back on the market

guest_safa
guest_safa

someone gave me a whiff from a spray card... to me it smells like Liberte by Cacharel a bit... might check it out properly sometime

jasonx
jasonx

From first sniff this is the lil' brother of Black XS not Ultraviolet. Smell almost identical to Black XS, lighter and easier to love I guess. Really sweet, really fruity (orange-y/strawberry-y). Just try on for about 1 hr, it takes out everything I don't like in Black XS so what I'm left with is the "love everything" version of Black XS. Still waiting for the gourmand-toffee dry down to see if it's really worth a full bottle.

desmondorama
desmondorama

This fragrance smells very much like '1 Million' - that was the first thing that struck me about it. I thought it was warm and sensual, comforting even. It seems to be very reasonably priced and almost a flanker to Unltrviolet Men.

Definitely worth considering.

leomat2008

After some months testing this I think now that only the start is pleasant: fresh, citric and well-balanced-sweet. Unfortunatelly in only 5 minutes it becames too sintetic, strong, not fresh, all the citric faded away. It becames woody-sweet in a wrong way, saddly. :-(

vdxl
vdxl

This is more like a Black XS sequel: take one black xs, add more tonka bean, vanilla, caramel and some blood orange and emphasize the citrus notes, and you have ultrared. Definitely for teens or early 20s. The only reminiscence to Ultraviolet is the design of the bottle.
I like it as a fresh,sensual scent. I bought it yesterday and it is very intense. I wish it had less patchouli, but it is good. Very similar with Escada Magnetism for Women, too. The blood orange note is quite interesting.

I smelled this today and my immidiate thought was: Candyfloss. It is very, very sweet, most likely the tonka beans and vanilla coming through. A woman could wear this and totally pull it off as well so I don't know why they label this Ultrared Men, it should be unisex. There is nothing really masculine about it. That aside, I DID like the smell, but it's not enough to warrant a purchase for me.

guest_a beautiful mind
guest_a beautiful mind

I bought it today. Ideal for coming spring and summer. Oranges, praline and vanilla bring unexpected feeling of freshness, very different from classic citrus fragrances, so popular in warm days.

guest_chemist
guest_chemist

its my favorite this season

Maddyrain

It doesn't remind me A*Men, but Black XS with oranges. Great synthetic smell, begins very citric and evolves to a comfortable vanilla-gourmand base. The lasting power is very good, as well!

leomat2008

I bought one today and i´m testing for evening and night. It reminds me "Angel" for her of "Thierry Mugler" coz it haves (for me) smell of caramel (by the pralinè). I discord of Dunatko that in the end it´s only vanilla... for me it leaves caramel, like a candy really.

dorgchant
dorgchant

I think it's too sweet like a candy.

gigimarketing
gigimarketing

It is nice...very fresh at the beginning and the very sweet...it last quite long and reminds me a bit Thierry Mugler A*Man even it is not so warm but more fresh...a good fragrance for men who love sweet parfums and it is good for summer

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

Great sweet summer juice. This fragrance is perfect for those who prefer gourmand and exotic, enticing composition full of sweet and modern chords. Bloody orange gives explosion of sweet freshness at the beginning, and makes this gourmand composition a bit lighter and exciting. Praline, Tonka and vanilla makes good seductive construction with warm and rich aromas. Design of a bottle is ultra modern, ultra bright, and the name is just perfect for this edition - Ultra Red :)

dunatko
dunatko

its fresh from start... sweet - similar to black xs:-) hmm nice... but quickly comes the base note and you can smell only vanilla... vanilla... and vanilla :-(

Maddyrain

I want this so much!! It seems to be sweet, just like I love! Wonder if the staying power is good...
Could anyone tell me?
Thank you!

amanda
amanda

its soooo sexy, i love sweet fragrances very much on men so, those who do, will like this one too. Seems like paco rabane is going on with the sweet scents, (after xs black which i also like. Its not that agressive, its lighter but still last.

guest_charlie ward
guest_charlie ward

I did try it. Awesome!!! I love Ultraviolet... Im gonna to love Ultrared...

Ultrared Men by Paco Rabanne 4.41 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Ultrared Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Ultrared Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ultrared Men by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ultrared Men by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.