Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women
dislike

I have it: 629 I had it: 750 I want it: 435 My signature: 24

Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Videos
Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for women Pictures

This perfume is classified as floral oriental. It possesses an accentuated and strong, but warm amber note without animalic or heavy nuances that envelope the skin like the warmth of the sun rays. Sensual notes of woods are refreshed by pimento. Ofcourse, Ultraviolet contains the note of violet, which shines in a flower bouquet along with rose and jasmine. It was created in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Apricot Coriander Pepper Fresh Almond Orange Pepper Pimento Brazilian Rosewood

Paco Rabanne Pour Elle

Ultraviolet Fragrance Reviews

mvd99
mvd99

I got a sample of this based on the notes alone. I love orientals and have been recently getting more into spicy orientals and being Mexican, I thought the chili note sounded super cool and was worth checking out. On me, it's a like, not a love. On my skin, it's way too much pepper. I don't think it's an overwhelming fragrance though, just very spicy. I wouldn't call it beatiful but it's definitely interesting. After the opening died down, I got some violet peeking out beyond the pepper, but not a lot. It's so peppery in fact that I think it may irritate people with more sensitive skin.

s_aurian
s_aurian

My ex offer me to choose birthday gift for myself around year 2000-2001. After smelled many perfume at counter, I return to this one. Never heard Paco Rabbanne before. Very new at my country that time. This is first Paco Rabbane women perfume made .Unique, spicy, difference, nice, strong, dark etc. I also think why I choose male fragrance designer? I'm not quite similar with perfume note that time, only I know, I love it very much! After that I always bumping into dark kind of bottle. Ultraviolet make me find myself. Spicy, standing and bold, bit masculine, just me. Very long lasting for my skin. Drew compliment... all time big love.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

I remember using a sample may years ago, and really enjoying it. Then I forgot about it, until I tried again recently. The first spray didn't quite conveince me, it had a "hairspray" quality to me. But after a little while, it became a soft, gentle, enveloping sweet violet scent, made interesting by the spicy chilli note and cozy vanilla.
I would really like to have it again!

If anybody has it for swap in the UK, please contact me!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

most beautiful pepper perfume ive encountered, want to grab myself a 30ml of this to wear through the winter months :) you smell mostly the pepper so if you're not a pepper fan stay away from this. about half an hour after first spray you can smell a tiny bit of vanilla and pimento but the pepper is still centre stage with some violet humming in the background.

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

este perfume huele idéntico a la barbie hawaiana!!! es muy rico, femenico, me trae recuerdos de cuando era niña :D

kathy_g
kathy_g

VERY unusual scent, perfect for intimate night outs. Has a great dry down. Kinda on a heavy side but definitely a statement maker. I still keep memories of my BF back in 2000s saying: "I want to dig into your hair smell and sleep there"..lol.

beccalee79
beccalee79

I first purchased this perfume the week it was launched back in 1999. At the time I had never smelt anything like it. It was so unique. Sweet peppery violet. I recently purchased a new bottle and the scent remains the same to my nose, maybe a fraction less potent. A must have for lovers of violet and pepper.

toto453
toto453

A different perfume, it makes a borderline between other fragrances. It is special but definitely good !

verysherry
verysherry

uLtRa VioLeT

A gorgeous close to skin perfume. For those office days and moments where you need your projection as a clean fragrance not at all in someone's face. Very tidy. Totally Powdery. I can imagine orange and violet together with amber as it dries down after the initial pepper and coriander. Love the peeking Rose. Subtle Sexy.

Sillage : 5/10
Longevity : 4 hours (in summer)
Fragrance : 7/10
Personality Type : Coy,Chic,Sweet and Kind.
Value for Money :6/10

Stay Fragrant!

icekat
icekat

Unisex, unusual and abstract, Ultraviolet is a cool, green, peppery blend of osmanthus and violets. The pepper is hit and miss for me in perfumes, but in this composition it is played well with other notes. Interesting combination indeed. It has cool and relaxing vibe which makes it a great perfume for spring and summer time.

The pepper is a bit overpowering at first, but then the composition settles into a nicely balanced scent of osmanthus with slight hint of violets. Not usual sweet-natured, predominant violets, but more like a soft violet layer underneath the osmanthus cover. The composition remains light and refreshing. There are woody notes towards the dry down, which make this scent softer and smoother with slight natural sweetness.

Overall this is a nice composition, but I do not think that it is a blind buy material. I would definitely test it first. A note for violet lovers – not my favorite one for violets. There are much better violet scents that showcase the natural beauty of this flower. But if you are looking for a light and unusual spring scent and enjoy spicy-green-floral scents then give it a try. Overall score 7/10.

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

i don't get it. why? what's the interest?

tried many times and the only positive thing i can say about it is it doesn't stink. but it was frustratingly pointless to me. that's why i manage to accumulate enough emotion for disliking it.
my notes impression is mainly boringest and haphazardly put together ...vanillin(?) and no projection to talk of.
my skin might be partially responsible as it amplifies "sweet"... sweet! :(
sold it on ebay.

virna.medina
virna.medina

Been wearing this for years and then decided to look for a replacement.

Tried Alabaster from Banana Republic (love it, but it's no ultraviolet), Alien from Thierry Mugler (so-so), Boss Femme (like it, great staying power), Chic Carolina Herrera and Nina Ricci Jour (kinda liked it, great staying power), Ed Hardy Born Wild (kinda like it, but staying power sucks) and in the end I even got my nose stucked on one of the Victoria's Secret scent (big mistake).

Just purchased this again after 3 years searching for an alternate.

Nothing came close to ultraviolet. LOVE IT! It's so unique and there is no perfume like it. Reminds me of no other perfume. It's my signature scent, IT'S ME!

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

I just brought a little his & her's 5ml set for Ultraviolet & I love it. The men's is striking and the womans is not what I had expected.
It's sweet but not candy sweet like others I own, it's playful and sexy & I just added it to my want list for a full sized bottle :D

polkadot27
polkadot27

My first impression was, it is the only perfume that slightly resembles alien. I dont know, its like a sharper lighter more synthetic version of alien. It has the same feel as alien.
Anyway i do like it , i think its a rather mystical powder and spice kind of scent. Its very fresh and clean.
It is certainly unique and enchanting but in a masculine strong way, its a piercing kind of fragrance.
I think of it as a fairy dust kind of scent. Its special and complex but delivers what it promises. It alternates between a powdery feel and a balmy feel. Its interesting and less popular than alien and therefore more individualistic. If you like alien this is more affordable.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

I once crushed a few grains of allspice on my palm and sprayed some UV onto the other - why isn't allspice listed here???:-/
But UV is so much more than just 'allspice&friends'... It's a masterpiece in a fancy UFO/egg decant which makes it even more fascinating and enjoyable to use:)

janelle70
janelle70

Settled down to a patchouli cedar drydown at 4 hours. Aw, I wanted the top and heart to last a bit longer as I'm growing increasingly fond of violet and almond. I bet those peppers made the opening quite unique too. Not a perfect fall day frag, but I like it. Lasted through the night on me, more than 12 hours.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I am reading the reviews here and wonder if we have tried the same perfume. I received some samples recently after reading a great deal about this on the boards. This is an innocuous, pleasant but non-descript floral, hard to describe as I can detect nothing distinctive. No prominent violet or gourmand type notes that I was able to discern. It would seem inoffensive and suitable for office wear. I already have several of those type scents, so I am glad I was able to purchase samples, as this is not FB worthy. Longevity nothing special, about 3 hours.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Ultraviolet strikes on the skin with a fresh spicy osmanthus. It's really the sort of fresh watery spices. I smell mostly orange pepper, grey pepper and some ginger. The osmanthus is not overly sweet. The spices add some edge to the adorable fruity floral osmanthus, which is an unfamiliar combination but works surprisingly well.

The violet doesn't enter drastically, but quietly mellows into the whole composition. I don't find it very powdery or candied violet, instead, more of a tranparent and clean scent, a little bit shampoo-y like. The base notes are hardly detectable on me.

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 7 to 8 hours. An unusual scent of spiced osmanthus and violet, I'd recommend it!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I ordered this as a blind buy and I am not disappointed. It is very feminine, powdery, violet smelling on my skin. A perfume that to my mind is the kind that a lady would wear. It does not scream or shout sweetness like many others that I own. As a blind buy I am not at all sorry that I bought this, I am sure that it will become a firm favourite of mine.

kakamelia
kakamelia

I have just ordered it as a blind purchase, so I hope I won´t be disappointed... But can´t wait smelling it.

Edit: Well it is for about one week I have this at home. The first sniff was like uaaaa :) Don´t know how to describe it, but I had a same feeling like I was on some carousel at carnival, smelling all stalls with sweets and exotic food. It was pulsing on me once violet, once some woody notes and all different notes (which I couldn´t identify). I had just euphoric mood and was very hapy of this buy.
But now I have lil bit calmed down - the euphoria disappeared:(. I have bought only small sample, and I´m quite glad. I have been using powdery and woody scents reecently and this is such different, that doesn´t please me so much. Sometimes I worry, if I don´t smell like some toilet air freshener, when I wear it :/. I don´t want to criticise it, I still find it very nice and I will use the sample till the end, but am not very sure of more buy of this...

Last update: I´ve bought a bottle cos I´ve revealed that my sample was a fake :/. So the original (I hope, nobody knows today, when you buy it online...) is something very different. Imho it is citrusy violet. It reminds me Versense by Versace-but with the violet note, which is very nice in this frag. It is very pleasuring and calms down the sourness. It doesn´t last too long on my skin (2hrs:( ), but on clothes it is better, lasts for ages. I consider it very universal - can imagine it on my mum, even on some 16yrs old chick.
So in the end my oppinion about it is very positive :)

marily
marily

It's wonderful perfume......sweet violets but anything of vanilla in it!!!!! It's casual and cozy scent,you feel happiness and joy wearing it.....It's a unique and long lasting scent...I would say is appropriate for younger ages or maybe wearing it to feel much younger :)

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

Love these peppery violets with lots of berries ! Very interesting composition, one of a kind! If someone want to sell or swap, I will buy or swap in Australia. Have few drops left :**( Can't see it in shops for a long time now but want it so much!

Nil3
Nil3

When I was much younger,I think it was 1998/99 I was visiting a friend. On her bedroom drawer she had a 'Ultraviolet' bottle festival or some sort of a huge Ultraviolet family gathering. That girl had them in ALL ml's. Each one more than one bottle. From the big one to the tiniest one. She took the 80 ml bottle sprayed it under her turtleneck and then we left the house.

Now,10 years later I was with my best friend and i had nothing to spray. So she pulled out of her purse the 'purple ball'. I sprayed some on my chest,it was April,spring,and warm.
The whole day she kept on saying: Man,this perfume is loving you. The whiffs I get are non stop.

Couple of month later I got a bottle as a gift from my mother in law.

I salute Paco RABANNE for this masterpiece! Genius of a nose whoever thought of these spices and that combination. I just wanna wrap my arms around myself...such a peaceful scent.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

If you love this fair dues it's taste, perspective and memory all playing a part. On me this is synthetic violet acid. Something in me wants to like it but I just can't.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This scent has taken me completely by surprise! It's really lovely!
The initial spritz was rather unpleasant and aldehydic, it smelt a little sour to me and I thought it would be a scrubber, but after about 15 minutes it started to settle down and I got a beautiful peppery violet smell which kept wafting up at me for hours to come.
This is so utterly unusual that I don't know how to describe the notes. To my nose, it gets better with time, I can't stop inhaling my wrist.
Ok for what it's worth I can smell violet predominately but there are woody undertones and a powder note which is mature and lovely and doesn't dominate the fragrance, nor does it overwhelm you with girlyness. There are floral notes in here and I get a waft of osmanthus.
The fragrance has an addictive and very warm attractiveness to it.
The flacon lets this lovely fragrance down, as it looks like a big ugly egg. Surely PR could've had a little more imagination instead of creating a bottle which reminds me of something out of the Flintstones.
That apart, this is beautiful, classy and elegant.
Longevity is quite amazing and silage stays very close.
Value for money is amazing as this costs very little and smells like a million dollars!

olymailo
olymailo

Amazing perfume for the winter days,not heavy but quite strong!is an unforgettable fragrance!

Such an interesting fragrance, on me it isn't really so much about violets, the scent is enveloping, fresh, a certain watery edge also, velvety, a bit hard to describe really, it is modern, warm, ultra feminine, a real different creation by Paco Rabanne. I don't get any spiciness really, more a warmth in the base, it is more a soft floral oriental, it isn't heavy, or strong to my nose. I feel real good wearing it, it has an uplifting aura , but longevity isnt great.
Intriguing scent I am pleased to like it, there is something candid and direct about Ultraviolet What you see is what you get.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Lovely...the peppers blend so exquisitely with the powdery violet thanks to just the right amount of vanilla. I get a little bit of Violet Blonde and My Queen in this. It is actually what I was hoping Generous Violet to smell like, but that turned out to be a screechy ozonic mess.

I really love this because it is a lovely blend of old style with a bit of new. It is a soft spicy powdery cloud with medium longevity and sillage a bit on the light side. Later on in the drydown, there is a little more patchouli than I care for, but the violet holds it own. A very lovely little violet perfume, and a little bit vintage
Ultra sexy!

-UPDATE-
I feel that I have more to say about this gorgeous perfume since the last time I wore it...
Simply put, this is as equivalent to a fluffy, ultra soft cashmere sweater as anything can get. I am REALLY falling in love with this scent. It's soft but sultry, super sexy violet concoction...powdery, peppery, spicy gorgeousness. I really am looking forward to wearing this in the Fall and Winter months, it is just so cosy, like an enormous furry super-sized fluffy blanket enveloping you with a spicy ultraviolet cloud.Very vintage and purple smelling...I feel like I am wrapped up in a luxurious extra large mink coat.

I am sitting here on a Friday night drinking my lime-a-rita in a martini glass wearing this and one of my vintage chiffon peignoirs, feeling like a true femme fatale!;)

violetchaos
violetchaos

Gorgeous scent- when my man wears it. On me it's just too... masculine? Just patchouli, pepper and rosewood. Also the bottle is somewhat inconvenient, can't exactly carry it around in your bag and the reflective top is like a funhouse mirror!!

Revontuli
Revontuli

I'd call this a different, remarkable perfume. I also love the title a lot, the smell is indeed a deep and "flashy" one. For me it's perfect for winter days, due to its peppery notes and warmth. And it also has one of my wonderful scents, almond.

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

Great scent, but too strong for me. I gave it to my mom.. she loves it. :)

Jellybean
Jellybean

What an amazing peppery violets scent! Fresh, crisp with water hues.
Definite Love :)
Violets, pepper, spices, cedar and water at first, then creamy soft vanilla, musk and coriander shows up shortly after. It picks up strength and gets sweeter with time. All of the notes are pretty much detectable. It's like Violets and breath of fresh air at first that begin to warm up on the skin! Yes I Love it that much already!
Awe to the awesomeness! Classy and excellent quality perfume, haven't smelled nothing like it.
Silage moderate, pleasant enough for daytime, and could be worn for evening occasions as well. Got 6 hours out of it.
Many Thanks to Fragranticans and Violet Lovers!
One of the Best blind buys!

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Dios mio paco, what were you thinking??! This was a blind buy being that I had yet to sample a PR frag I disliked, until now..and man oh man do I dislike this! Smells like lavender scented carpetfresh & kitty litter. This is a NO, just no. I have a damn near virgin bottle of this up for swap, 2.8. oz. PM me if interested......please!!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

black paper, white paper, orange paper .. paper & paper & paper .. too papery .. spicy .. sexy .. close to the skin ..
I blind buy a 50 ml bottle in a good price.. I will enjoy it .. but I will not repurchase it to be honest ..

meret
meret

Beautiful, delicate and tender in winter. Cloying, overpowering and unbearable in summer.

I love it! I love the wonderful fragile notes it carries in crisp and cold winter. its like floating in the cloud of dreamy feathers...

Indeed, the weather does matter - humidity with heat makes this liquid to explode in the most obnoxious way, seriously, creating a stink bomb. Whereas a beautiful crisp and cold winter with low humidity makes it really sparkle. This nordic winter is the time to truly enjoy Ultraviolet - get dressed properly, and take a walk outside in a winter wonderland, and when it's too cold just burry your nose into that soft pashmina wrapped around you, take a deep breath and enjoy the sensation of Ultraviolet caressing your senses.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

I bought this without trying it as could not find a shop with a tester and wish i never bought it. I think its the pepper i do not like, its not so bad after a hour and the pepper has gone a bit, but i think my mum is going to be getting another perfume off me soon
Edit I tend to spray to close but with this perfume and all that pepper you need to spray much further away and its not so bad so from a dislike its now a like but not a love and it could be a bit sweeter it not that sweet
Another edit, i am not so keen on smelling this on my wrist but i love the whiffs of perfume i get. The other day at work I was thinking one of the customers must be smelling nice and was thinking of mentioning something then realised its my own perfume i am smelling

lily13ana
lily13ana

A friend of mine has it, and i've never liked how it smells on her. One day i tested it from her bottle and i was shocked on how good it smells on me. It's exactly as i remeber it from 10 years ago when i tested it from the first time: mysterious and addictive. it has enough strenghth for me, it is very powdery which i love. i couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and, from that day i can't stop thinking of how much i want a full bottle. It has very good projection and longevity.

Edit: Have and use this for a week. In the beginning is sweet and then it seems very light, and close to the skinn with good longevity. The problem it might be the very hummid weather, because in the fisrt day it was very strong, the weather it was dry and windy and in the next days it rained and was foggy, with the humidity of more than 70%.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

I like the fact that not many people know about this fragrance, and it is fantastic! I've had several men stop me in public and ask for the name of this fragrance I'm wearing. Hesitantly, I tell them. But again, I like the fact that it isn't a very popular fragrance. The name and bottle suit the perfume quite well. I would describe it as Confident, Radiant and Sensual.

Kysyona
Kysyona

This was my first expensive fragrance that I bought with my 1st "real job" salary i my early 20s. had just miraculously escaped out of the post-Soviet block ( ugly times we had in the 90s there) and wanted to make up for the lost teenage years that were means to be spent partying and shining with youth and boldness. No wonder, I was dancing away every weekend back then, and this fragrance could not be better for a night on the town! The smell is indeed very violet, warm and deep, and surprisinly fresh due to a peculiar " cold air whiff" note in what I would call a bouquet of nighttime flowers. In all of that I see Lilacs, Iris and Violets, also a vetiver perhaps somewhere"backstage" - that's what I could sniff out of it.The modern bottleshape, the packaging - all of it screamed "disco!! party!! neon lights!!!!!". This all was in Ireland and I got quite a few compliments back then on how I smelled, even after sweating it on the dancefloor! The only thing is, this smell is so distinct ( didn't come across anything similar since! ), and so one-note dominant, that by the time I got to the bottom of the bottel I was pretty tired of it, and 10 years on - still tired! It is a truly beautiful fragrance, highly recommending it, but the day I will repurchase it - perhaps in my next life, when I am 21 again! :))

ingalee
ingalee

This right is also a gamble,, had only heard about this parym, liked what was said, so I bought it at an auction site, for a cheaper money, but what a surprise! I like this, quite a strong floral scent just when it lands on the skin, then it will be a warmer tone of flowers, violets o rose, a little woody and peppery as people think, but I do not know if I feel right pepper?!

suit both day and evening scent, like the bottle and the color, sounds a bit like a scent of future? =)) A big plus is that it stays all day long, well almost anyway ....

incandescent
incandescent

Sweet and spicy violets, somewhat mystical, a little flighty, very feminine, and a touch quirky. It has a sexiness about it too, with a character of its own. There is an underlying hint of metallic zing that gives it a 'futuristic' feel many talk about. But worry not, it is mostly a charming bouquet of sweet violets and spices, with just a hint of vanilla and almonds, and fruity notes that fade off into the dry down. Unique and memorable scent with a delicious sillage that will get you compliments. Fit for all seasons, day or night.

JUST FOR FUN: This is such a AQUARIAN perfume! It has that eclectic, futuristic touch while still being magnetic and feminine, just like the Aquarian personality. It is extroverted enough for a Sagittarian to wear daily, and it also has abit of an enigmatic, mystical feel which will go well with Scorpions and Pisceans. Flighty and playful Gemini would also enjoy this one.

shazbo_tastic
shazbo_tastic

The first "real" perfume I ever owned age 18. I smelled a sample in a magazine and loved it and begged mum to buy it for Christmas. Smelling it still reminds me of univeristy and being that age. Funny how a scent can do that.
I would buy it again as it smells lovely but then I don't really want to buy it as I don't want to ruin those memories either if that make sense?

niecwiecio
niecwiecio

I love this smell, really interesting! But i lasts for about 30 minutes! Not worth buying. I don't know how long it may last when you spray it on your hair, but on my wrist it didn't last for long.. Sadly :(

jedikitty
jedikitty

In one word: LOVE.
Just got this today and been "testing" (as in: can't stop sniffing my arm) all day, and the more I sniff it, the more I'm falling for this fragrance.

The violets are intensive, shameless, just the way I like them. The strong rose departs quickly, as if jealous of my love for violets... There is a touch of apricot and spice but both extremely mild, barely there. The vanilla is also barely there which, I think, is a good thing, as so many other scents flaunt vanilla to excess. This vanilla is just there to smooth out the violets, make them creamy and yummy...
I don't get much of anything else, and I don't really care - I love this frag just the way it is - soft, feminine, wearable anywhere and anytime without a risk of offending anyone. Yes, it's that smooth.

Sillage: at first, radiates to about 6 inches, minimal trail, then starts to sit close to skin, and the trail disappears.
Longevity: moderate, 6-7 hrs on me.

dulcette
dulcette

this is a very interesting, memorable scent. long lasting and intriguing.

spicy yet floral, slight tart sweetness, a woman who cannot decide whether she wants to drink with her friends on their table or hit the dancefloor with a stranger.

definitely a party frag!

CozyCat
CozyCat

Ultraviolet is a sweet and spicy floriental, mainly fresh candied violets with spices, The spices themselves are quite mild and not too in-your-face. I find its scent to be quite distinctive and unique. It's intense but not heavy, rather it's falls slightly on the clean side, which makes it work in any season from cool winters to mild summers. It's crisp when first sprayed on, but it gets sweeter and more intense over time. Apart from violets and spice notes, I also get apricot, vanilla and wood notes on my skin. A versatile scent, day to night, safe enough for the boardroom, but touch up with a few more sprays and it becomes a sexy scent for a night out. It was released over a decade ago, but it smells very 'current' with it's spices and candied violets. It doesn't really smell 'futuristic' to me, whatever that's supposed to mean, but it does make me think of a fairy-tale princess born and bred in a concrete jungle, someone stylish, dynamic, witty and sensual, but maintains a certain feminine and floaty presence. If you like Lolita Lempicka the first fragrance, it's quite likely that you would enjoy Ultraviolet, and vice-versa, both are unique 'purple' fragrances composed around notes of powdery violet, sugar and spice. A bonus (atleast for licorice haters) is that UV comes sans licorice, it is also more 'grown up', fresher and floral. The only downside to UV is the very plain and tacky bottle. Otherwise it's a great all-rounder; original scent, versatile, lovely sillage, great longevity and not too popular. It will make a great signature scent.

caline00
caline00

my mom used to wear this fragrance and i do now ! it smells sooooo good ! it is a floral powdery fragrance taht later turns into a floral spicy with notes of sweet vanilla creating a perfect combination with a bottle that i find colorful and cute

molson316
molson316

This was a gift I wore intermittently for years and never could decide if I really liked it or not. Each time I used it I would think, " yeah, this is a keeper, it's a real complex, clean, crisp, modern scent" and I always got compliments (men and women) asking me what it was. It was just too cloying about the 4th hour into wearing it. It has a significant number of notes that I really look for in a fragrance...patchouli, rose, vanilla, citrus, violet, etc. I like a fragrance that's well balanced & blended and doesn't scream sweet, floral or musk. It's been a while since I've worn it. Maybe I'll try it again, but on my husband this time....it is very unique, dare I say interesting?

Iman Fahmy
Iman Fahmy

Men love it , yes it attracts compliments , it is unique and futuristic..

Sophie.love

Powdery , sweet , peppery and of course long lasting . The bottle looks nice , interesting . I can feel violet , vanilla and white pepper . This perfume is amazing with a good price . Like it very much . Perfect for brunettes . Positive vote .

twillocks
twillocks

Spicy, very nice.

ana.stojanovic
ana.stojanovic

I receive compliments every time I wear this little gem as it’s daring, bold, seductive and exiting – a fragrance that cannot be compared to another. It is in a very strong genre of its own. Ultraviolet is not a sheer fragrance .it’s not heavy but it’s definitely on the heavier side. Like the one spritz lovelies which you smell even a day after on your clothes. It is a spicy, dressy and womanly fragrance but still there is a freshness that gives you a high energy. It is intense enough to draw attention when you enter a room but still light enough to prevent you from making an old-fashioned.
You have to dare to wear this perfume :)

Di_berry

Like I was saying in my previous review, this is my absolute favorite fragrance... I would like to add that everytime I wear this one I sing the same song, "baby baby light my way - ultraviolet" by U2... It fits perfectly!

Rice-Kitten
Rice-Kitten

Am I the only person who can smell lemon when wearing this? I'm completely shocked to find there are no lemon notes in this!

Anyway, if I could describe this perfume in one word it would be this: Alluring

I remember smelling this on a work colleague and everytime she passed me on the tills I got this beautiful gust of warm, powdery yet citrusy smell (sounds horrible, but it smelt amazing) Obviously I had to ask her what it was and as soon as I got paid I bought it.

It's easily one of the most unique perfumes I have ever owned (and I have owned close enough to 100 perfumes!) is feminine and seductive. I'd recommend this to those who enjoy smelling different and mysterious :)

Di_berry

I love it! This is my signature perfume! What can I say?? Well, if this magic fume chooses you... then there is nothing to add... Truly masterpiece!!!!
Never been so complimented than with this one. The drydown is simply beautiful! The only thing I don´t like is that is not very longlasting on me. Test it, it´s a wonderful scent!!!
If I have to relate it with one word this could be "DEEPNESS"

dkny27
dkny27

A little powdery - check....
Floral - check....
But the magic is in the dry down.... On the skin, somewhat reminiscent of Spellbound but not as loud, there's a cinnamon (even though there aren't any cinnamon notes listed), spicy settling that increases the ooooomph of this fragrance.... Evenings out or in!

Most of all I feel in this fragrance the osmanthus, blackberry and vanilla notes. The pepper note is also noticeable. For me this fragrance seems rather light than overpowering. I can't say that this perfume is not interesting. Just not my cup of tea.

Kamaty
Kamaty

Start strong and sweet ,then transform in a beautiful violets bouquet yet sugar but very much nice and comfort. Stays for hours and most delicious ever !!!
The and of the day is really soft floral close to skin.
My husband arrive and smell me hummm... imediately go for my favorites!!

mar-gosha
mar-gosha

My lovely, favorite Ultraviolet,nothing else can compare to you. Unusual, beautiful, addicting, mysterious, sexy... So feminine,sensuous, alluring, you're my nature, my second skin. I can't imagine myself without you.
It's hard for me to describe this fragrance. "Fresh, clean, slightly powdery, slightly spicy, warm and soft" just doesn't do its justice. You have to test it, try it on your skin to see if it's yours. I know a girl who just hates it on herself, but she absolutely loves it on me. This is the one that not only works (or doesn't work) with your body chemistry, it also feels your mood, your attitude toward it. I like to wear it mostly for special occasions, but I think it is also suitable for office wear. When I wear it to work I seem to get increased attention from the male coworkers, like they want to get closer to me and feel that scent of a woman. Like F_A said in her review this is a "fragrance with a hook". It lasts all day on my skin from morning to night, and I will never trade it for anything else.

vroula
vroula

Beautiful, really beautiful. I like it very much!! Eventhough is an oriental frangrance it´s not very strong which I really like because I can wear it all day. So warm, so cozy and it lasts many hours.

When you smell it you are dreaming, you feel like you are in a spring field full of violets!!

vicka16
vicka16

I love Ultraviolet! This fragrance is unique! It's fresh, slightly sharp and bold, and what other people described as metalic scent, is actually not overpowering at all. It gives the fragrance a special twist and makes it unique.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I have opposite thoughts about this perfume. In one hand i like the convination of pepper and violets. I also like the beginning, i find it really original. But on the other hand i find it too sharp and not enough well-balanced. In conclusion, i will not purchase it but i don't mind to smell it sometimes.

gracious
gracious

I hate. Ultraviolet To me it smells absolutely artificial, metallic
And, worse, lasts a long time!
Before you buy, try.
It is those perfumes, or you love or hate, like me

Ouch!
Ouch!

This little purple pill of pleasure is such a morpher! It's gorrrgeous.

You can smell the orange pepper and pepper in the opening and it smells slightly grassy to me, however this is not how the perfume smells for the main part. The fact that the heart and drydown of this perfume is packed with sweet sugary violets and other yummy things makes the opening not as harsh as it sounds.

The vanilla, amber and soft delicate florals shadow the spices really, and make this into a dreamy fragrance.

It literally unfolds before your your nose. The sweetness amps up within about 10 minutes on my skin, and the perfume smells like the TRUE way it's going to smell for a while. Gorgeous sugary violets amongst other delicate florals. This is just heavenly.

Yes, it's very sweet, but not cloying, there is a streak of pure femininity that blasts through this that sets it apart from your regular sugary celebuscents that use violet.

There is a Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume called "Fairy Market" which is sadly discontinued but I've realised this is extremely similar. I'm going to put one on one hand and one on the other to compare when I get home. It's the same kind of feel. Almost fairy like..floaty and thick with sweetness.

I'm in love.

octobersun
octobersun

I smell spicey, but somehow cool and distant violet, not very sweet. It is special and everyday scent at the same time. It brings me real joy to smell it on others and one of these days I'll get one for myself.

Elenkina
Elenkina

I Really like this perfume! It reminds me of times when I bought it for the first time 11 years ago. So I have a good memories of those times. Recently bought It again and so happy! Very spring-summer fragrance! I love Paco , he is genius?

ralucucky
ralucucky

This is one of my most complimented perfumes. Not one of my favorites, though, but everywhere I go, people ask me what it is. Especially women.

caramella
caramella

I got my bottle few days ago,i just love it!!it's very spicy and very long lasting!! I can't believe there is no oakmoss mentioned? all i get from this "UFO" is oakmoss!! very sharp when first sprayed, after few hours it turns to something wild and addicting that i know i smelled b4, i stumbled by a perfumed card of Andy Tauer "Carillon Pour Un Ange" and Yess!! it's exactly the same scent now when it's finally settled down. small difference though: Ultraviolet tend to be spicier, C.P.U.A tend to be more leathery. Both are a must have for me.

The next day i still smell it so strongly on my shirt.WOW!!still amazing and getting darker..
Sillage : 10/10

Nidaa
Nidaa

I tested this out on a paper blotter instead of my wrist. I absolutely loved it on the blotter, it definitely smelt like violets, had a nice subtle sweet note to it which was very unique and mesmerising. So I went ahead and bought it. I then got home and tried it on my wrist and almost gagged. Ugh! It was horrible on me! Soon after I had a pounding headache and it was because of this overpowering, heavy, overbearing stench on my skin. I literally felt like I was going to throw up. I ended up giving it to my mum, who thought it was an alright fragrance, "nothing special" as she quoted. But now every time she wears it, I feel like throwing up and I am literally gasping for air if she is driving with me in the car. No perfume has ever had this effect on me before, ever! It smelt nothing like what it did on the blotter. So please do try this one on skin before purchasing.

sunshine2079
sunshine2079

this is hit and miss with me. Really depends on my mood. Some days it's too cheap, others it dries down perfectly on my skin. I guess it's one of those for 'certain times of the month'. Regardless it is a 'common' scent to me, but then i do prefer something more unusual. The men do love this one though.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I love violets. Therefore, I was drawn to try this perfume. I liked it the first time I wore it. By the third time..I LOVED it!! It is sexy, feminine, exotic, unique. I have smelled many perfumes and I own many perfumes...I haven't smelled one like this yet...it is a beautiful perfume sure to catch attention. This review for UltraViolet Intense.

honeyyenoh
honeyyenoh

extraordinary!!if you read the notes, you might think that this smell strong, too bold etc BUT amazingly this Ultraviolet is too special that it makes me fell in love..how soft and tender!i love this..when I sample it at the counter, straight from the first note till the dry down, i was gripped..all the notes is perfect to my skin..it smell lovely from the start till the end, the violet note is so good..the powdery in here is so well balance that make ultraviolet inoffensive but good for all ocassion..i found this smell is so comfortable to wear in office..it makes people close to you keep asking 'what is this that smell so nice'..just perfect for me

Sophie.love

Long lasting , beautiful , OZN bottle , interesting and nice in my opinion . So .... at first spray, it feels the white pepper and violets sweet - syrup . Lov' this perfume a lot . Positive vote .

MANZANAROJA
MANZANAROJA

Es muy diferente, me encanta como sobresale el concepto violeta dentro de las notas. En mi piel dura de 5 a 6 horas, pero es un buen perfume para el día.

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

i've never read so many totally opposed comments. either it is heaven or horrid! is there actually any perfume in the world that is liked from everyone or hated from everyone? hahaha

sofababe
sofababe

At first spray Ultraviolet makes you go "WOAH!" Its full on, spicy and sweet with no really discernible notes, just a big old whoosh of fragrance, but just wait, give it a few minutes.......Its amazing!! Its fruity, floral, sweet vanilla and amber. Please don't be put off by those first few seconds, I promise you'll love it if you give it a chance to prove itself.

My one and only complaint is the bottle. I have the one in the main picture, 50ml, and its difficult to hold and spray if you have small hands like mine, and when its getting to the end its impossible to get it at the right angle to successfully spray out those last few mls. My next bottle will be the taller one.

15 hours since I applied and its still there! I always knew it was long-lasting but that's brilliant.

wingz85
wingz85

I tried his perfume when I was a teenager and fell in love with it immediately. Now after I went through a heady, crazy time trying to find my night time scent, (I tried on Opium, Tresor, Organza, Shalimar and Chanel No.5) I think I'm going back to this old choice... I agree with the previous posts saying this is a beautiful fragrance...

Edited: Alright, so I finally succumbed and bought this fragrance online a few days ago. IT IS AMAZING! Despite the fact that I was halfway asleep, it managed to make me smile when I smelled it. If I can describe it, it smells clean, spicy like pepper at first but after a few minutes the peppery clean fresh smell disappears and become something so unique, I have never smelled anything like it before, I can smell the rose and something else. Ouch! has reviewed it on his youtube and I agree 100% on it. After the heart fades, it clings to my skin really beautifully and become something like a skin scent (?) Very super duper sexy. I had to stop myself licking my wrist because it smells delicious....

dzoana.dzons
dzoana.dzons

all I can smell are violets...and its a pleasant smell.get boring but one bottle was exciting:)

SheShe
SheShe

Ultraviolet is very sweet with a hint of something metallic. The most prominent note is that of violets, pepper, vanilla, hints of coriander and something anise-like. It was too sweet for me to use it more often and this metallic note didn't suit me, I prefer Ultrared much more, there isn't the touch of metal in it and it's easier to wear.

It's an interesting scent but not my cup of tea. And I'm into orientals the most.

allyssya26
allyssya26

love it love it love it!!!! it`s a true wonder..smells divine and the smells surrounds you for hours..extremely feminine,delicate,not loud but still not close to the skin either..it doesn't scream I AM HERE but doesn't go unnoticed either! this was a blind buy for me but somehow i knew from the beginning that i would end up loving it.

Karry_
Karry_

majic, mysterious, sweet and subtle fragnance! i adore it! All my men liked it)

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

Pretty nice scent, totally femenine & tender, the most I like is its long-lasting notes. My mom loves it and matches great on her skin. Sencond bottle by now. This one can be use for any age women.

HowlingStarr
HowlingStarr

Ultrafeminine, sexy and just beautiful :) Very warm for me but not overwhelming.Mixture of wonderful notes in a fantastic proportion. On a skin that is well moistened lasts very long.

Please, do not judge it after a couple minutes, wait and let the notes flourish on ur skin :)

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Mmmm, yummy! This is a very lovely smelling perfume! I just received a mini of it in a perfume swap (from the very nice Eva!) and, although I've heard of it, of course, it's the first time I've tried it. I'm really liking it on sniffing it from the little bottle, even though admittedly I haven't tested it on my skin yet (only because I've got about 4 other perfumes on me at the moment!). From the bottle though it smells seductive, alluring and sexy, warm, quite intense, definitely gourmand, sweet, a little fruity and very yummy! If it smells anywhere near as good on my skin as it does in the bottle then I definitely want to get a big bottle of it. Big thumbs up from me for Ultraviolet. :-))

RORO W BSS
RORO W BSS

this fragrance is realyyyyyyyyyy AMAZING , sexy and feminine ..
I LoVE IT ..

birdsson
birdsson

Oh man it's so hot! It's the deepest fragrance I've smelt ever

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A very feminine pefume, which is quite refreshing but similar to others

I applied 6 strong sprays of edp

0-1 hour - Similar modern scent to others, quite refreshing though, modern voilet scent is intense and matches the colour and style of the bottle

1-2 hours - Projects only intermittently

2 hours - little projection, stays close to skin

Not for me

My favorite fragrance. At first it seems too sweet and powdery, but only the moment you put it on. Very soon it turns into warm, soft and sexy smell. To me, there is something mysterious about it, subtle... something I can't put my finger on. It smells strange but not bad, just unusual I guess, yet sexy. It's unlike common fragrances. This one stands out. My husband loves it on me. I read a lot of reviews about this perfume and some people like it, some not. I think it has to do with your body chemistry and on different people it acts differently. This is definetely my fragrance.

salihah
salihah

love it smells lovely apparently it is a man magnet so even better!

Louise136
Louise136

hate hate hate it.
to me its like sniffing pepper, it makes me want to sneeze
it is sooo spicy
its heavy, muggy, dark and gives me a headache, if you like sweet, airy, pleasant fruity kind of perfumes avoid this one! definitely not for under 40's in my opinion.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A very honest fragrance. By that I mean that it is a crisp, punchy, pure violet fragrance with a lovely pepperiness. Ultraviolet lingers on my skin for at least 6-7 hours and the silage is great. I've received many compliments about this one. A fabulous evening fragrance - and is also suitable for day wear. Wear it if you demand attention!

n.hidayah
n.hidayah

i was really dissapointed with its bottle,its cute but not solid. the perfume water could come out from the bottle if its lied down. as for its smell, its nice but too spicy, could give headache to some people

Siv55
Siv55

Lives up to its name. Ultra violets begin, not too powdery ones for a change, which is nice, sort of wetter violets, then it becomes sweet cedar and vanilla drydown. Gets sweeter and sweeter basically.

wind83
wind83

yes, i love the smells. good on my skin. its... 7/8/ hours in my skin. i give 7/10. love the bottle too.

makes u feel sexy, feminine. and its 'me'

saramarie88
saramarie88

Love Love Love this fragrance. I have had at least 3 bottles of this over the years. It has an unusual sweetness, just perfection. Last ages on my skin, and lots of compliments. Sadly my last bottle dropped out of my handbag and smashed on the floor of a Train Station. Could smell it thoughout the Station for about 3 days. What a great few days they where, made traveling by London underground a pleasure.... smiles every morning.

liv
liv

my favorite!i wear it all the year no matter season,i still can believe that a perfume is so perfect!!!!!!!!!!

anna.023
anna.023

I really LOVE violet and I was expecting so much from this! But this one was AWFUL!! Relly, really horrible!! I have never smelled anything worse. I don't know if it's my skin that is the problem, but something isn't right here! Smells VERY syntetic and sharp in a very unflatering way. Made me feel sick, had to wash it off really quickly..

This was given as a gift to me and I wondered: why?! It's completely untypical of the scents I use and I found it much too light and too indifferent.

bb3706
bb3706

My first reaction to spraying this was, "Oh, this is different." I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I could definitely pick up on the pepper. As the next ten minutes passed i thought it smelt almost masculine on me and i didn't like that. But half an hour later it became this soft, sweet, totally feminine scent which i really liked and it stayed that way for several hours. So, guess i would say the top notes suck but stick with it because the end result is gorgeous.

olga1780

It is really amazing how it changes from oily vegetable scent to a beautiful violet. It's a pity it lasts only for a couple of hours on me....but it is enough for a dinner out without having to carry a bottle in the purse.

arimegahot
arimegahot

Lo compré por los buenos comentarios que encontre aqui en fragantica. Considero que es un perfume de dia por que la proyeccion es muy tenue para usarse de noche. Al principio huele a plastico con un toque a jabón, es un poco feo, pero 10 minutos despues el perfume cambia y se sienten las rosas y las violetas. Va mejor en climas frios. Me gusta, es un perfume lindo pero considero que hay otros mejores

Soutty123
Soutty123

I will always have a bottle of this for as long as they make it. Of all the perfumes I wear and have ever worn, I have had more compliments on this one than any other.

I think what's so great about it is that it manages to smell clean and fresh while being sexy and mysterious at he same time. It's also unlike any other perfume and not that many people wear it so you don't smell it everywhere.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is a very, very pretty and feminine scent, but it is EXACTLY the same smell as Shiseido's Murasaki IMHO, and M. has a prettier bottle as well, and is not as expensive, esp. if you can pick up a bargain on ebay. Murasaki was around 15 years before Ultraviolet, just as a matter of interest.

diana_d
diana_d

It's a perfume you can wear day/night, not to overpowering for work(on my skin at least), and appealing enough to go on a date/night out. Not to fond of the opening notes...but it smells floral and feminine and a bit sexy

chrischourma
chrischourma

A dear friend of mine suggested I should try this.
I could not believe how beautiful this smelled.
At first, it did not make any difference to me either I wore or not.
But after an hour or so passed, this smelled so great on me!
I find this a hit for summer. Any summer! The lotion is also terrific!
I am an amber-lover and this is the perfect combination to match with violet! Violet is what distinguises!
I was such a fool for not liking the bottle so much in the first place.

olga1780

Lol. I do get the earlier mentioned vegetable smell in the top notes, but i didn't get a chance to apply it properly to figure out what's going on there. I think i have been buying more fragrances than i can physically handle after i stumbled on this site and still have a bunch of bottles lining up for testing. Will try to write a proper review as soon as possible.

Ok, never mind the vegetable scent, because it lasts no more than 2-3 minutes (I have a feeling it's coriander), but it is quite obnoxious...like sliced tomatoes and cucumbers drenched in vegetable oil. 5 minutes later it smells just beautiful on my skin, i get the roses and violets the most. I still can smell the drydown 4 hours later, so i will say the lasting power is pretty decent, considering the fact there are hundreds of fragrances out there that fade within 1-2 hours. Very interesting and unique scent, i definitely have nothing remotely comparable in my collection. But i would not place Ultraviolet in the category for special occasion or evening use, more for casual, daily wear. For special occasions i will stick to my Poisons and Addict.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Finally I got to test this. Had very high expectations because of the reviews I had read here. Hmmm... it's iteresting... Fruity to start off with, with spicy hints coming through as it continues to dry down. Quite mysterious actually, not at all boring. I wouldn't say that it is soft and sensual, it doesn't feature in the romantic category for me. "Playful" is more how I would definte it.

narcissi
narcissi

wore it, loved it and yes , has a definite definite definite effect on the male population ;)

Bellina
Bellina

People, if you want to be stopped on the street THIS IS THE FRAGRANCE TO GO FOR!
Don't smell the bottle or your wrist or the paper soon after spraing this one - not that nice.
It takes some time till it starts working its MAGIC!!!! leaves a trail of mesmerizing aroma, not the knock off but "ooohh come closer" one/ should be used sparingly.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

I love the purple bottle and its shape.
Only got one bottle for now, which ended a long time .. Argentina is coming fall and winter and just looking for a perfume that makes me feel comfortable, I think that I'll buy one again ...
It's definitely a perfume for winter wear ..
Is strong, enveloping and spicy! especially for a hot night! ;)

xpetra82
xpetra82

all time classice for nights...my alter ego perfume...

perfumeloverr92
perfumeloverr92

i love ultraviolet!!. its one of my favourite perfumes ever. it smells so yummy and gorgeous. i first smelt it doing my christmas shopping a few years ago and bought it for my friend, she loved it also. i had to go buy a bottle for myself and this is the only fragrance i own that i will always have in my collection (=. 10/10

Vegas0310
Vegas0310

I fell in love with this perfume after i smelt it in a magazine at christmas in 2003 and have owned numerous bottles ever since. I have tried other perfumes but always return to Ultraviolet. I recieve compliments every time I wear this little gem as it's daring, bold, seductive and exiting - a fragrance that can not be compared to another. The staying power is also amazing and I can still smell on my clothes and hair days after. Although this is easily my favourite perfume I do believe that it smells different on each person so please test before you buy. It is known by my friends as my signiture scent and can strongly say that this perfume is a permanant one in my collection and will be for years to come.

Wombat
Wombat

I couldn't get in the shower fast enough to scrub this off! And even though I used a different scented shower gel, I can still smell it - and I still have a headache from it!

Eleiria
Eleiria

Just gorgeous! From the bottle to the unique scent, the pretty violet color, the name and its effect on people, Ultraviolet is an incredible perfume. It feels like radiating. Some people say it's heavy and I can understand what they mean; Ultraviolet is not a sheer fragrance, it is as if made of opaque layers but never overpowering nor cloying. It is mouthwatering yet never lollipop-like sweet. It's such a different scent that feels both something and its opposite in the same time; I mean, it is a spicy, dressy and womanly fragrance but still there is a freshness that gives you a high and some kind of manly energy. It is intense enough to draw attention when you enter a room but still light enough to prevent you from making an old-fashioned, coquette impression. Vanilla in the base is a definite reason for addiction, and the fragrance has such great staying power that you don't need to renew it through the day. I used it for years and always received compliments (actually, people just love it!).

Addition: Killer sillage!

Quick, proper review:

I have not worn Ultraviolet in ages but as it got colder outside I thought it was time to wear it again.
I sprayed it all over my neck, shoulders and wrists this morning and I was instantly hit with a somehow surreal note of cold plastic, warm almond and fresh, juicy red pepper but I neither got the apricot nor the grandma's kitchen smell.
The perfume dried down quickly to an unbelievably strong (but lovely!) jasmine-violet mix which lasted on me for a couple of hours before at noon the vanilla came out and calmed the strong jasmine so that now, after a whole day at work, I smell like a sweet, warmed up powdery (almost dusty) bunch of violets with a few vanilla pods hidden between the flowers.
I noticed that the scent was completely gone from my wrists after 10 minutes but it somehow came creeping out of my top for the whole day and I loved it!
I probably did not leave a trail behind me but anyone who got close to me could smell a really strong violet-vanilla mix.
Really nice one!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

It smells like butter combined with bad smelling flowers and some sugar, really weird and awful. Not for me, though i love black xs for her.

Malegria

Adding to my previous review: I wanted it, I got it and I could not wear it.Over sugared and over - pimiented, lol! If you like the overall idea but Ultraviolet is too potent and cloying for you, try Lanvin`s Oxygen.

tschiepchen

Ultraviolet is one of only a few "big stinkers" that I really like.
It is a warm and feminine floriental and perfectly suited for the colder months.
The staying power is good, too!

Helsinki
Helsinki

One of a kind -- despite the synthetic impression.

The wristband of my newest watch smells like Ultraviolet and I cannot stop sniffing it. I read your reviews while browsing Ultraviolets on eBay, and couldn't help but purchase four vials of it. I've never smelled anything like Ultraviolet before, and can't let it go.

Hmm, this wasn't an actual review... well, I just wanted to say that give Ultraviolet a chance. It's... edible.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Just tried this one. Ultraviolet is kind of pleasant, but also smells cheap and ordinary. Not my kind of scent.

Over-sweet sugared violets on me, in the same vein as Feerie. Not for me, but my friend will love it as she's quite a fan of sweet, innocent florals and her skin doesn't amplify them into the overpowering cloying range.

guest_Anne.
guest_Anne.

I recieved this perfume as a gift, I did so want to like it but it smelled awful on me. I love violets but the violets in this perfume are synthetic and chemical. Instead of violets being blessed by the sun, the violets in this perfume feel like they have been grown under a vibrant ultra violet light. It maybe my chemistry but it does not work for me, it justs gives me a nasty headache.

Mushana
Mushana

I wore this in the late nineties when it had just come onto the South African market. My closest friend and flat mate hated it.......it drove her insane but I wore until there was nothing left. Loved the dry-down.
Won't buy it again lest I annoy someone else!LOL!

Elue
Elue

I think this one requires some guts to wear. I remember first time smelling Ultraviolet.. I was so tempted; not because I enjoyed it, but because I was so hooked and wanted to learn more about it!
This perfume is so unique, I haven't smelled anything like that. It is like a skin scent but so distinctive and interesting.

I really really want to own this one in my collection because I have never got over my `crush` with this one. It is still very mysterious for me.

Literally "stunning". This is for very mysterious people.

guest_luciana
guest_luciana

este perfume es muy malo... mi mamá lo tuvo y era tan fuerte su olor, que incluso a ella no le gustó más y dejó de usarlo.. ahí está... es malo cuando tu olor molesta al resto! no lo recomiendoo

Eyla
Eyla

I admit, I discovered it through it's commercial in a women's magazine and was drawn to it because of the name and color.
when I tried it, it was exactly what I expected: violet scent with a twist. I bought it the same hour, not worrying about sillage and staying power, and Ultraviolet didn't let me down.
I wore it on the night I met my ex boyfriend and, coincidentally or not, my bottle od UV broke (and the bottle was half full) just as our relationship started to deterior, so when I manage to scrape a little of what is left from my broken bottle, I instantly get love shivers. to conclude my story, this is one of those perfumes I would like to repeat.

Rouu
Rouu

Ultraviolet, its a perfume u cant just like, you can LOVE or HATE !!

at the 1st sniff i fall in love with this fragrance although um not a big fan of spicy fragrances but i have some of Oriental floral fragrances contain spices that i really luve,
Ultraviolet is one of my TOP !!
its amazing,warm,attractive,sexy and unique
sharp and strong at 1st note, the oriental pepper ,red pepper declare themselves strongly at 1st ,then it turns sweeter,warm sweetness,it become more gentle,elegant and tender..
that warm feeling like u smelling warm Indian wind full of sweet spices and oriental note..with floral tender touch
the base note is amazing ,amber and vanilla is really warm , usually i luve musky base note , but this fragrance is different in all!!

its so long lasting,good staying power and the bottle itself, just so amazing and strange, i adore the violet color of that perfume .. 8/10 ! luve it

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This was my signature for a long time, and I loved the spicy floral vanilla mix it lasted forever on my skin and it is really rare and unique. One day all of a sudden I felt that I overdosed on it and I felt like it was making me ill. So I stopped wearing it. It was good to me while it lasted. I wouldn't recommend this as a daily fragrance, I would say more evenings and cool summer nights.

katefielder
katefielder

This is my current favourite. It has enough floral scent to be beautifully feminine, enough spice to give it a modern edge and the vanilla really comes through to warm everything up. Absolutely gorgeous!

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

I had this, and I always received a lot of compliments when I wore it (men loves it). Smells very very clean, when I use it I feel like I had taken a shower with a floral-scented soap.

I would define this scent clean and a bit soapy. Smells a bit "tropical", this reminds me of Tahitian Gardenia flower.

I think it´s perfect for day and night, but I always wore this at night. If I have to choose a season, I will say summer, it´s ideal for hot, clubbing nights.

The staying power is GREAT. I use to have problems with this, because fragrances don´t last so much on me, but Ultraviolet stays on my skin for hours (and a couple of days in my clothes).

The price is very reasonable, and the bottle is so cute and original.

I totally recommend this fragrance.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

pneumatic violets which I loved for a while. It doesn't try to be natural and I found that interesting and modern in 1999 (I was also wearing Rush and Angel at the time, so I wasn't into classics)I couldn't stomach it now though, it's too novel and not warm enough. Got great memories attached to it, though!

kerry
kerry

It's very sad that this most interesting perfume is dismissed by so many.

Created in 1999 by Jacques Cavallier, who like Rabanne is a master of contrasts and dissonances, to me it's the perfect summation of the 20th century, Rabanne's career in fashion, and the coming of a new millennium.

To understand this perfume, to really 'get it', one perhaps needs both a poetic nature and a little knowledge of the diverse directions taken by Rabanne - and also those taken by the great, innovative perfumes of last century.

Typically Rabanne, Ultraviolet is distinctly untypical of its fragrance group. At once modern and traditional, it suggests other floral orientals... but is unlike any that came before it.

Ultraviolet is cool and hard and synthetic on its surface, and softly, deeply, naturally sensuous within.

The sheer, watery, ozone note perfectly evokes the light of the cosmic sun, which its name implies. And the violets and roses evoke woman in all her glorious feminine sensuality.

It's oh so clean, and yet oh so sexy! (And without the use of an animal or faecal note.)

40th century Barbarella, who experienced sexual pleasure via pharmaceuticals until she was introduced to real intercourse, (and whose chain-mail costume Rabanne designed) I think would wear Ultraviolet.

guest_Grenouille
guest_Grenouille

himmmm, some pinkish girl around? Coz this is definitely not for me. I received it as a present from my ex-husband (i insist on Ex). he judged me very very wrong. It's a nice perfume at the beginning but soon it turns out to be very very sweet and overpowering, it gave me headaches and nausea. I tried to use it only on rainy days when it was cold. The same disgusting reaction. And i felt very pity, I didn't want to disappoint him, but that was not for me. It's not the kind of perfume for a lady, it's not mysterious, nor trendy, it's only sweet and too floral, the kind i would offer to a friend who puts pink or violet nail enamel, that puts on fluffy girlish dresses, with some pink fur and plastic tingling bright ear rings. Kitsch perfume, to put it shortly.

guest_winnie_zip
guest_winnie_zip

I wouldn't know where to start describing this in an analitycal sense so I'll do my best in me sense. lol. I love this perfume been wearing it for 8 years now and will probably never cease too. Its powerful at first but just mellows into a beautifully soft parmaviolet scent is the best way to describe it. I love smelling this on coats or scarves when I have none on its an elegant fragrance which people love and will always ask what it is! IS just fab and girly!

altezze
altezze

Bought it on impulse because I thought it seemed "distinct". Later realized it most reminds me of the smell of an overheated computer processor.

@Ginvodya
Thank you very much for your answer! I just bought the perfume and I love it.The thing is that at the first spray I don't love it but as the middle notes come through..surprise! it's the smell I love! :) .Cheers!
X iulia

IuliaPana

Hello everybody! Need help! Do you know if there are variations of Ultraviolet?! Because I had the chance to smell it on 2 occasions and at first I hated it (about 5 years ago)- it was in the regular bottle, as in the big picture above- and the second time I smelled it, I simply loved it (about 1 year ago) - it was in the bottle similar to a standing egg, as in the third small picture, up on the right. So, are there any differences between these 2? Or maybe a different composition since 2004? Or maybe only a change in my taste? Please help! i wanna buy a perfume online and I want to be sure I'll order the frag I love...Thank you!!! Iulia

senna
senna

I used to have a cheap perfume very similar to this...but the cheap one is more floral and delicate...
When I tried this on my skin, first, it smelled very synthietic, cheap and a little bit soapy.
Then, after a few hours it changed to a softer and nicer smell.
Like it, but its not for me, too heavy.

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

well, in this case, the name , the bottle and what it's inside matches perfectly.when you smell it you think of violet.i like it but nor enought to buy it, even i love orientals, but this one is not quite an oriental for me, is just not heavy enought.

perfume-intense
perfume-intense

Its just awful! The smell is too overpowering, heavy and moody.And its doesn't get better after a while.Long lasting.

Montie_M
Montie_M

Every time Paco Rabanne name comes across my mind, an imaginary description of something posh and futuristic suddenly flashed. Hence, I'd expected something...a bit metallic. Why? To be frank, as it is related with something futuristic, I remembered Star Wars movie saga. Perhaps, it is also because of a big influence from another movie titled Ultraviolet, starred Milla Jovovich back there at 2006.

Thus, when a heady violet dominated the top notes of Ultraviolet, I was slightly disappointed. I mean, where the metallic notes are, please. And, why violet? Is this a joke? And, all those negative yada-yada consumed and pierced my heart.

Came sharp pepper, yet its tenderness reached my nostrils. Still..a no-no! I thought of why both are not matched. Then, I found that it was just in my mind. Now, I always associated violet with something traditional while orange pepper reflected neo-classical fragrance.

Later, a woody rose peep-in, followed by sparkling rose. Then, all the roses got warmer until they were imitating the rose notes of YSL Paris or Lancome Tresor. It was even getting stronger over time. Minutes after, it is toned down slowly by a sweet woodsy vanillic notes of a composition mainly created by vanilla & cedar.

In my humble opinion, Ultraviolet is not futuristic but ultra-traditional. I am (not) in awe.

renneyg007
renneyg007

This just did not work for me at all. Sweet amber and that was it. Very synthetic and bland. There was nothing oriental. I tried it with Juicy Couture on the opposite wrist and in terms of lasting power JC won hands down! In all fairness I can see its attraction as it is not an obnoxious scent but i don't think it has any special element about it.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I think that's no oriental, but an intense and longlasting flowery one without overpower!
I smell an elegant and creamy yet seductive violet scent on it. I like it but my best friend is İN lOVE with it...

Annie_D
Annie_D

I can see how this could become too strong, the violet is a little intense but the vanilla tends to subdue it a bit on my skin. I like it, it is somewhat soft but still definitely violet on my skin. My friend said she kept gettin whiffs of me after I sprayed this and she said it smelled great on me. I think I have to add this to my collection. It will be perfect on those certain days when I want something definitely floral, but sweet at the same time.

persian_girl
persian_girl

Well, my friend was fond of this, but it contains something very heavy for me.. makes me feel headache.

Zocha
Zocha

I bought a bottle charmed by this fragrance and enjoyed it for a while. Used a third of it and had to give it away I could not stand it!Intense vanilla-violet started to bother me a lot, and I don't like it anymore.

micutzadezy
micutzadezy

i wear daily this perfume since i discover it.only in the night i change my perfume. it's just perfect for me and my boyfriend always wear the ultaviolet for men

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

it's unique and remains on skin so soft and nice , i love it

Malegria

When it was extremely popular, I didn`t care too much for it, though I admit that it`s a very unique, one of a kind fragrance.My neighbor, a petite, huge blue eyed curly blonde, had this scent in her favorites and it left a magnificent trail in the entry of the house we lived in.A slightly plactic violet, a nice almond touch too. But it is almost too much for me. I am very fond of sweet, strong frags, and Ultraviolet is not particularly sweet, but it` s too intense, I guess.

snobuni77

Every time I wear this I love it even more =)
It seems very sexy to me tonight.A very sexy & Deep Floral that seduces.

if you're looking for a modern oriental floral,you're exactly at the right place.
I had read so many different reviews about this one and I was so curious to figure out how it really smells.
at the first sniff I found out that there's the reason of these different opinions about it.it's like a paradox.
very sweet & warm,without any pepper but full of almond(to my nose) and it's all about jasmine,but a sweet jasmine.
after a while it's very similar to insolence,but it's sweeter.it should be because of violet and rose in the middle notes of both of them.
the dry down is all sweet too.not very long lasting at my opinion.

t03y03l
t03y03l

Pretty Intense fragrance.......

For me, it's perfect for the evening..and one spritz define it all....

I can't smell the vanilla notes everyone talking about though......

It's a real floral oriental ....

Kickin on the top and slowly became softer but not soft....don't wear it too much....it shocked people when u overdosed.... ;P

guest_t03y03l
guest_t03y03l

Pretty Intense fragrance.......

For me, it's perfect for the evening..and one spritz define it all....

I can't smell the vanilla notes everyone talking about though......

It's a real floral oriental ....

snobuni77

This is definitely..Ultra.. Violet!I get lots of violet in this.
I bought the mini & I doubt I will be upgrading to the larger one simply because it is too flowery for me.It is a very sharp & pretty scent & it would suit floral (especially violet)lovers very well.
It doesn't have much depth to it but as it dries down I do get a little of the amber & vanilla.I really wouldn't call it an oriental floral though because the oriental is nonexistent on me.
I don't need to apply much of this to get the full effect so that's good.The lasting power is pretty good as well.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I had to add that the bottle is terrible (on the mini anyway) I can hardly open it without it sliding out of my hands & forget it if you have no nails..you would never be able to get it open

Nicky_PL
Nicky_PL

It is very typical with its oriental character. It fits well its name - the main impression that it leaves is of a violet colour. But the scent doesn't fit the sci-fi look of the bottle - it rather reminds of an oriental delight than of another serie's properties of Star wars.
For me it suits special occasions and night clubs because of its strength.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Sweet but with a kick! I could always smell a bit of pepper in the top notes of this fragrance, followed by vanillic violet sweetness. The amber in the drydown was very subtle on me. This fragrance is very unique, I have never smelled anything like it before or since. It lasted 5-6 hours on me, too.

Viyella
Viyella

I love this perfume. Again it was a present but I couldn't get enough of it. Sweet and warm perfect for a night out. But the best of the range is the shower gel. I just love it!

nauticaa
nauticaa

I wear Ultraviolet only in winter. It's somwhow conforting and warm, although I don't percieve it to be quite a nature- based perfume. It has something synthetic, artificial and constructed in it. I wear it when i want to feel like Barbrella or other sci-fi superhero.

Makk
Makk

The Universe is inside me, I'm free with my imagination, I'm sensual, I'm sexual, I'm the sense of the world. I'm Ultraviolet!

tsofa
tsofa

I just couldn't agree more with Suelle.I gave that bottle away too because noone could stand that dreadful smell.I had regretted a thousand times when i bought this perfume!!!

ultraviolet
ultraviolet

really my favourite fragrance! i'm unable to wear anything else with the same pleasure!

lolita82
lolita82

I like the smell very much on other and its rather a 1 off smell not 2 b confused. Problem is that it gives me a haedache. Bought it and gave it away...tried it after 5 yrs and still the same. a pity:(

Althea
Althea

I have a similar taste for perfumes with my sister. Today she sprayed on my wrist Ultraviolet, I used to walk around it, never caught my eye or interest. Wanted to wash it right away. The top notes were awful, can not describe it. I smelled it about 15 minutes later and it changed from awful to actually very pretty. I can smell beautiful rose, very soft violet and something slightly fruity. From pretty went to beautiful and after finishing writing going to buy it on internet. Very feminine and not heavy.

Luciana
Luciana

con este perfume tengo una doble sensacion, esta muy bueno pero con el trancurso de los dias se torna monotono, me quedo un mal recuerdo de esta fragancia

F_A
F_A

This fragrance lasts quite long on my skin. It's sweet and a little spicy, feminine fragrance with a "hook" :)

Sedef
Sedef

its so unique and soft! i really love this perfume but suitable for autmn or winter i think...

suelle
suelle

such a wonderful bottle.
such an awful smell.
I got too excited and tried it on myself. I was so desperated to make it go away, that I was considering biting my arm off.
It makes me nuts whenever I smell it. Nuts like putting fingers into my nostrils and run away shouting, because I can't kill that poor person that she wouldn't suffer any longer...

Silvery
Silvery

I made a mistake when after a few minutes I threw out the paper with Ultraviolet's scent on it, and didn't wait half an hour or an hour :( But it overly reminded me of vegetables and spices. I couldn't think of anything but my grandma's kitchen... I know probably this feeling was caused by the orange pepper and coriander and pepper.

feyza
feyza

I love this parfume!very original,not resembling to any other.very fresh and at the same time sexy...my boy friend loves it.the fragrance lasts all day long.suitable for everywhere,everytime.I cannot take off it.

flugeltje013
flugeltje013

I had this, but gave it away because it's really too much. It's very overwhelming and strong. It just bothered me and I didn't found it pleasant to wear.

noddoc
noddoc

it is a very good smell, my girlfriend wears it and i like it so much, and i like a bottle too, highly reccomended.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I don't love it, but I like it. Although I'm not interested, it's very unique and different. It's nice and smells like what I would imagine ultraviolet lights to smell like if they had a smell. However, it's not a smell I want to wear. It is definitely an oriental, it's slightly spicy on the first spray, and then it dries down to a sizzling sweet oriental floral. After that, it seems to disappear completely... hardly any lasting power. It would be longer lasting and more noticeable in the summer, probably. It's a nice casual scent. I will stick with my Black XS :)

Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 3.70 out of 5 based on 1129 ratings and 173 user reviews

Beauty Encounter
Sample
Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne for Women
Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne for Women
Beauty Encounter
Ultraviolet Liquid Metal by Paco Rabanne for Women
Ultraviolet Liquid Metal by Paco Rabanne for Women
Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne, 2.8 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne, 2.8 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne, 2.8 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ULTRAVIOLET for WOMEN by Paco Rabanne EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
ULTRAVIOLET for WOMEN by Paco Rabanne EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
Gift Set 2.7oz
Ultraviolet Gift Set by Paco Rabanne Gift Set for Women Includes 2.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion
ULTRAVIOLET for WOMEN by Paco Rabanne SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Ultraviolet Perfume by Paco Rabanne, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.7oz 2pcs
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.6oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.6oz
Gift Set 2.7oz
Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.7oz Body Lotion 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.