Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

I have it: 388 I had it: 300 I want it: 190 My signature: 15

Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men Videos
Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men Pictures Ultraviolet Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

This is an interesting masculine fragrance, more intense and provocative than the feminine version. Gray amber is in the limelight enhanced by the notes of mint, vetiver and moss . The bottle design deserves attention; just like the bottle for the feminine version, this one was made using glass, silicone and metal. Purple is the color of the third millennium, the the Age of Aquarius, according to astrologers and Paco Rabanne himself. It was created in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Amber Mint

Vetiver Pepper Spicy Notes

Oakmoss Vanilla

Ultraviolet Fragrance Reviews

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

I very much like sweet scents on men and I think that Ultraviolet is magnificent.

Others may find it chemical or synthetic or cloying… But, oh my, I am a girl that loves this scent on a man. It is so beautifully sweet but, in a macho vanilla/amber way.

Initially, the opening mint note disappointed me, I thought it would be a green, vetiver, minty fresh perfume however, as it started to “open up” the sweetness from the vanilla and the warmth from the amber kicked in and, I fell in love with it.

I believe it is marvelous and still feels very contemporary; it is sensual in a rather non-offensive(not in-your-face sexiness.)

Every time my partner wears this I feel that I want to cuddle him and fall asleep on his neck while inhaling deep long breaths from this lovely scent.

Enjoy the perfume quest.

bazil14
bazil14

ok so gotta start this review honestly because paco rabanne xs was the 1st fragrance i ever purcheched back in 2000 so theresalways a part of me that always says go bk to where it al started revile the magic so i did ive bought one million bought black xs bought l'excess bought pretty much every flancker but id never bought uv until today .... because its not really as well known or available here in sunny old england due to it being supposavly being discontiued but i was lucky enough to track this awesome fragrance down so heres the lowdown it opens pretty minty with everything else in the background the spices pepper come threw ones the mint settles its beautiful and well balanced with the amber and vanilla notes it kinda reminds me of joop homme wild if you thew a load of mint over said fragrance it isnt offencive or cloying in anyway and frojects moderatly to well a real hidden and hard to find gem worth every penny a true masterpeice that assures me that mine and pacos relationship will be a happy and wonderful smelling one 5*

Behram
Behram

Synthetic ...

rzk
rzk

With paco robanne you can never go wrong

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

I had this, didnt care too much for it. I told my gf that this was a unisex/ womens perfume and she likes it and wears it.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This used to be a super sweet almost gourmand powerbomb. Not it's minty with undertones of sweetness. Amber and vanilla base keeps it lingering for quite some time. This is a more mature version than the original. The vetiver is more pronounced also. Still a long lasting scent but the sillage is much lower.

deanyunuss
deanyunuss

i have both the original and the reformulated versions. The original version is much better and longer lasting than the new reformulated ones. They should stick with the original formula

toto453
toto453

Gentle scent of synthetic mint with a bit of vetiver back. Great scent but a bit too poor sillage for a night out.

Sh_oK
Sh_oK

Highly sweet and synthetic fragrance.

unwearable from my pov. Targeted for very young guys.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

Just tested this and it smell nice,in a way it reminds me of L'eau D'Issey,same vibe.Just the vibe,they don't smell alike!
It is definitely for spring /autumn and summer nights,it's airy & light.I dont see how this could be a winter fragrance,it wouldn't cut it in cold weather.
I mean lots of mint for winter???
Longevity/projection are moderate on my skin,about 4 hours or so.Projects heavy only in the first hour,after it fades away pretty quickly.
I'm just wondering if it was reformulated since many said that it's longlasting and projects heavy..???
As i said it smells nice but i'm not impressed enough to go buy it anytime soon but you should try it at least!
For now i have my mind set on Versace- Dreamer...i gotta have that one...soon!@

I remember trying this when it came out and it obviously never grabbed me because here I am 15 years later giving it a second chance...and it's not too bad you know?
The first thing that attracted me was the gimmicky and actually quite innovative bottle design. I like it when a vastly different and unconventional sprayer mechanism has been incorporated and that's exactly what ultraviolet has.
Also, I'm quite cynical usually but the whole Purple being the 'colour of the age of Aquarius' and all that is actually right up my street. Fragrances don't need a concept, inner depth or meaning to exist but I think it's cool/amusing when they try to!
The juice is fairly ordinary the opening is fresh and green, not minty as such but with the combination of oakmoss giving more of a green feel. Then the amber and vanilla heart give this a different feel again especially compared with those top notes.
It's dries down like vetiver cleaness vanilla and amber without changing much.
Do I like it?
Well I'm not mad at it...still don't love it the longevity and projection are mediocre to good.
Only worn it the once but I may well revisit if I can get a another sample.

sameh
sameh

a grate EDT 4 winter , masculine , sophisticated & heavy , the mint , Vetiver & Vanilla works so well together on my skin plus The bottle design deserves attention , it looks like something the perfume bottle would be like in 2070 !
Well done Paco Rabanne , well done indeed !

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I saw the commercial for 'Ultraviolet' a lot of years ago, and now when I got the cahnce, I finally bought it. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know how it would smell..

and it's not nice. It's very cheap and with a hint of 'bubbly-soapy'. But fortunately, it doen't last too long.

kaysee
kaysee

On me it was mostly amber and vanilla. Longevity is really good, but I think it was a bit too sweet for me.

I really like it but prefer to smell it on other people and not on me.

warlockss
warlockss

been looking for a good mint frag for a long time , im going to give this a try .

Hellita
Hellita

Great scent for guys! Can't describe notes or anything, because I'm writing this only by the memory of the scent. But this was the signature scent of a guy I was in love with once and I remember my knees weakened when I smelt it on him. It's been many years since I smelled it and that pretty much says it all - you simply can't forget it after smelling it! This scent is very seductive to me. Don't know if they produce it anymore, but I loooved it! I miss you in Norway, Ultraviolet!

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Koku hakkında çok doğal diyemem. Hatta baştan alışık olmayanlara itici bile geliyor. Fakat biraz alışınca muhteşem bir koku olduğu ortaya çıkıyor. İlk günlerde "keşke yorumlara inanıp denemeden almasaydım" dediğim parfümün şimdi 3. şişesini aldım. :) Tek başına gayet güzel olmasına rağmen pek çok sert parfümü yumuşatıp hafif şekerli hale getirmek için bir kaç fıs yapınca çok güzel oluyor. Genelde parfümleri karıştırmayın denir ancak doğru ve orijinal parfümlerden az sayıda üst üste sıkmak muazzam ve eşsiz kokular yaratabiliyor. Kalıcılığı ortalama, kokusu ortanın üstü olan bu parfümü yaşı 40'ın altında ve özellikle yakışıklı, sportif arkadaşlara şiddetle öneririm. Yazın kullanımı sıkıntı yaratabilir. Yine de denemeden almayın. Hele orjinali dışında internet tester diye satılanları hiç almayın.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

JeyeL
JeyeL

Ultraviolet

Synthetic? Yes! Generic? Ya ya bla bla! But who cares if this frag is so amazing and smells so nice and modern even after almost 15 years of its initial release! A masterpiece from Paco Rabanne. It is fresh, strong, very masculine yet youthful. Great night time frag and definitely more unique and less common than that other mass pleaser hit from Rabanne…geee, what was the name? …1 trillion or something…:)

A great mix of unusual notes with monster projection and great longevity! Well done PR!

kanak
kanak

wonderful combination of mint, vanilla, amber n oakmoss,. initial projection is a blast and then it kind of settles down. This is one of those fragrances that makes you want to sniff yourself all the time, it really is special. might be synthetic but who cares when it smells this good. been using this on and off for more than 10 years now. Every time i finish a bottle I always find myself getting another one and i cant say that about too many other fragrances in my wardrobe. This is the perfect night out scent though it is versatile enough to be worn most of the year except maybe in a hot humid summer.This is a Love it or hate it type of frag and I suppose as others have mentioned, this might not suit all skin types...all I know is on me this is the source of compliments galore from the ladies. Thank you Jacques Cavallier for this gem. It's made more than one night very special. 9/10

marioslg3

AZ, that is on your skin because on others, smells all day with incredable sillage...i tested it for years, is a magnificent perfume...

AZ
AZ

It smells nice, smooth and relaxing it very good opening and base but problem is that is there is no sillage and it does not last very long max 1 hr

robg303
robg303

A friend gave this to me and I was really intrigued by the color and that bottle.
That cool futuristic purple liquid made me think it was going to be an Iris or Lavender composition that was spacey, ethereal and cosmic.

Sadly, it was neither of those, but instead a bit woody and oriental with a strange light mint finish.

So while it was a unique touch adding mint to a sweet/warm fragrance, I can't get over the packaging vs the actual scent itself. Not only that, while the fragrance is ok, it's linear, synthetic, juvenile and doesn't last.

It's just like the movie "Ultraviolet" with Milla Jovovich, which was a feast for the eyes. Sexy and Dazzling to look at, but with weak acting and a horrible script.

K.bebars
K.bebars

I got this perfume, it is not longlasting at all and it disappears within minutes

Frietjem
Frietjem

it is a nice one, you have to try it if you havent smelled it yet!

bizz1001
bizz1001

How to describe scent that is rather unique and rare in my opinion? This one is like having a vintage guitar.. While PR-One Million is a song that you hear every day on your local radio station at least 1000,000 times Ultraviolet is a song that makes you smile every time you hear it;but you don't hear it often enough - so it is still special..

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

An exotic blend of amber and mint in its opening until all drying.
Becomes a sweet resinous aroma and minty, almost camphor, is a synthetic aroma, seems actually done in the laboratory, but enjoyable.
The fund moss appears that air woody, moist, more classic and light tones of vanilla, a scent unique and under the radar, without a doubt good for those who want to leave the sameness.

Smyle12
Smyle12

Reminds me of Hanae Mori HM EDP (without the lemon). I really like the scent, but the having owned HM for years and loved it, I see no reason to own something so similar. Great fragrance! Definitely recommended, although if you like this scent and feel like you wish there was some citrus to go with it, try HM.

Overall: 8/10

alexriv0
alexriv0

god i love this one

Marciu
Marciu

This one is really a strange beast between man perfumes. I wouldn't classify it as for men use only, rather unisex.

On my skin it's quite sweet with big amount of mint, amber and vanilla. I think I feel the oakmoss too. I have to admit I really like it, but I don't have a bottle in my collection, because it lasts very short on me - never more than 4 hours :( However, its projection is quite big, you can say it's a loud perfume. It fits cold seasons better, I think.

It fits me, because I like "strange" fragrances. The bottle also looks nice.

I heard it's discontinued, but in my country I can still buy it.

In my opinion this one is better than Black XS and definitely better than 1 Million.

Good job, Mr Cavallier!

elwindw
elwindw

classic fragrance..really masculine

xVal
xVal

My bf's signature scent.
Definitely can smell the mint and the pepper.
I don't like the middle notes alone, but it blends really well with the other notes.
Sensual,confident scent. :)

samirbaruah
samirbaruah

This is trully an appealing fragrance. It does n't matter how others react to this as long as you develop a sense of confidence. This fragrance is my confidence booster.

Gator83
Gator83

After reading all the rave reviews on this frag, I blind bought it and ended up disappointed. All I could smell was a little amber and mostly oak moss, the mint I would not consider it there, since you have to actually look for it and if you didn't know it was there, you would miss it.All the other notes did not even show up. I ended up giving it away because I did not like the earthy musk tone it gives off. This sent is nothing like I pictured it to be from all the reviews to me. Smell before you buy on this one.

marioslg3

It doesn't matter AT ALL if this is said to be synthetic or natural or whatever. Actually, for me there are natural smelling perfumes and perfume that do not smell natural. This is something i consider very well done, smells fantastic, can be used all year round and everybody is loving it around me whenever i put it. The only issue is that it does not suit every skin but on the right skin, this is a serious killer for everyone. it is strong but not offensive, it is fresh but not aquatic, it is sweet but not syrupy, it is woody but no foresty....gererally and strictly speaking, this is something i smelled only once. i never smelled a perfume that will be similar or closed to this ultraviolet. My wordrope has over 200 perfumes, niche and mainstreams and this together with Aventis, duc de Vervins, Tabarome, rive gauche pour homme and strictly private are the best according to my wife....try it out with an open nose and mind. Judge the smell and not how they did or what they used to create that smell. Unique and attractive smell...all others does not matter.

Teezam
Teezam

Good fragrance but poor projection

Descartes
Descartes

Ultraviolet opens with earthy and peppery notes, then some dry lemony citrus in the middle notes, very neutral, but the dry down is absolutely Coriander seed, warm, nutty, spicy, and orange-flavored with a vanilla feeling.

BettieMae
BettieMae

Sex in a bottle!!! Nuff said.

cockneykid1962
cockneykid1962

This works like a charm! Classy and sheer sex appeal!

Sam37
Sam37

not so special, between 0 and 10 I give it 4 ! .

oxm
oxm

Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne is considered by many as a synthetic perfume, so in some respects but I find it extremely comfortable, soft and dry the opening resembles a cotton ball, soothing and reassuring character, the mint is combined with a delicate spicy note that fades in the final woody and earthy.
It is a warm and sweet fragrance, which reminds me of the days as a child
I spent at Luna Park in front of where he was cooking pots spun sugar, was not so much the desire to eat, but the smell of cooked sugar was something intoxicating, Ultraviolet managed to bring me up there
without a ticket or first-class carriage, clinging with all his might to the mantle of Superman.

naimhusni
naimhusni

i tried many scents but never been compliments when i use this scent. gosh, i was overwhelmed with the response. the fresh scent really caught people's attention.

Manolete
Manolete

The most complimented scent ever. When i wear it i almost can´t smell it on my self, but the amount of compliments is insane!

thePerfumemaster
thePerfumemaster

I Asked my dad like 5 times to get this fragrance :))

karthiktas
karthiktas

Stylish Bottle... Very Minty , sweet,Spicy, Smokey... Good projection & Longevity. I Like it cos when ever i wear it i get compliments. Its full of MINT.... Minty Fragrance .8/10

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

es extraño, en otros huele bien, pero en mi huele mal, se me hace un olor extraño como dulce con menta artificial.

MrMookie
MrMookie

First of all big respect for the nose behind this scent mr. Jacques Cavallier but i think this one is not his best creation imo.

I always keep away from these types of scents.
Chemical,sweet,linear scent all the way, what you smell in the first seconds stays in later stage.
A darker evening scent.

There is always one guy wearing this when go out on a night out. (guys who like loud music,tuning sportscars ,tan in solariums and do bodybuilding i hope this will not get people mad its just what i see)

doodoowap
doodoowap

This perfume reminds me of my bf. The amber and earthy notes are great on his skin, I find UV very masculine and classy.

Ralphfaeill
Ralphfaeill

I really love this one!!! I had it and few of my close friends like to smell on me..lol..that's what we call the power of perfume..(*_^).

Dreamcatcher92
Dreamcatcher92

This smells purple xD I rly like purple btw :P

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

My most likely to use night perfume ever since launched, so sad to know it's hard to get these days. The counter sales person said Ultraviolet positioning currently replaced by One Million, but nothing could replace Ultraviolet to me :)

happychub
happychub

this smell really nice on me, from the first time i tried this,the magnetic smell attract me until today.
top notes smell so energetic and modern,middle notes is gorgeous and the base notes is simply masculine and sexy, long staying power and wonderful sillage.

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

In short - I got a sample of this , its nice n pleasant , wearable .....i would wear it too ...i wear mens frags sometimes ...BUT ,,,Im just a little underwelmed by this .

I was expecting something more "out there" from the name and image of Ultraviolet. It smells a lot more conservative and safer thaan it should IMO

mistershashi
mistershashi

Have you watched Blade Runner? Well, this is the kind of fragrance I imagine Deckard would wear if he went out clubbing with that chick who was a replicant. It's sensual olfactory bubblegum to be worn in a futuristic and oriental dystopia. Yeah, I know, I'm not sure what I mean either, but anyway..
Difficult to describe this scent in the ordinary moon/june note-breakdown way though, because Ultraviolet really is like no other. Please get hold of a sample just to get an idea of what I mean. It's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it one as Ultraviolet makes a virtue of its sythenticism (is that a word?). Erotic crayon with mint anyone? Well who knew! I don't often receive compliments for anything, let alone the scent I'm wearing, but I've had a fair few for this. No, it's not an everyday scent, and thank God for that!

ecerusen
ecerusen

i think this perfume is unisex because it smells very attractive on my friend.it fits to her.

ccw888
ccw888

initually i didnt like it because the top note is too sweet. smells like thick sugar syrup. but after wearing it a few times, i start to like the base notes.
ambery and little powdery. i wish the top note is not so sweet.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Oriental woody?no way.
Like Black xs the girls like the smell on me,but in my opinion there are a lot betters "oriental woody" colognes on the market,exemple Angel...
To be gentle the bottle is nice.

Nádia01
Nádia01

My boyfriend´s favourite one.. he loves this fragance.. and so do I.. its very pleasent..

iuli4
iuli4

I don't know why so many man have mix feelings about this perfume because in my opinion on a scale is is 8,5 of 10 ( both smell and lasting )
If you are a sporty man - THis is not a perfume for you
If you are a classic kinda of a guy - This perfume is not for you
If you are a guy that likes wood ( old man smell ) - Not for you
This perfume is addressed to a man that likes steeping away from the others , confident and sexy. A man that makes women smile when he passes by.
There's a reason why you have on this page on the left "Who likes this, also likes " ... to make a better understanding in witch category to put this perfume.
If you like Armani - Code , Paco Rabane -1 Million or Chanel - Allure then you will love Ultraviolet also
This is what my fiance said and i totally agree with him :D

Fahrenheit4Lyfe
Fahrenheit4Lyfe

I like Paco scents buh.....

Just received this today as a pressie and although I've had it on my list of want-to-try I would have thought it would be have been nicer tbh.

Its nice and sweet smelling, the mint I can barely get, but on my skin it just doesnt seem strong enough, and promptly disappears doh!

2 good sprays on the chest and 1 on the wrist and barely an hour later I nearly snorted me arm clear off tryna get a whiff lol..

If it was stronger and had even 4 hours staying power on my skin I'd keep it, as it is Im gonna ask if it can be returned and give her a few options to swap for tbh.

Close buh no ceegar Misturrr Rabanne ;-)

Maddyrain

"Ultraviolet" is not the king of sillage and lasting power, but it's a nice sweet fragrance as long as it stays on the skin.
I find it pretty hard to described it, as I consider "Ultraviolet" one of the most synthetic fragrances that I know. But that's not a bad thing. The overall impression is a purple minty musk bubble gum. Very interesting if that's your cup of tea.

anna157

My boyfriend uses it and i like it...is not too heavy but is sexy..good for everyday usage

knightlore
knightlore

Cannot put a name to the scent, but it's just out of this world!

Suzi
Suzi

This is a great fragrance for guys my husband loves it and so do I it is refreshing and smells great anyone who doesn't like it hasn't given it a proper chance mind you everyones body chemistry is different it can smell great on someone and awful on another the bottle is really cool and so is the fragrance I agree with the last guys comment yes what else do you want girls love it isn't that the whole reason for buying a cologne come on you guys give it a go it's all good

arrogante
arrogante

Hmmm. Tested this on the store and wow, I was blown away..... by how it smells so weird! I never knew what "synthetic" smelled like, but when I got a whiff of this, dare I say this might just fit the bill quite adequately. It is sweet, yes. But for me, a fragrance can either be 'creamy/yummy' sweet or 'nauseous' sweet. Too bad Ultraviolet belongs to the latter for me.

Top: Sweet chemical
Heart: Sweet herbs
Base: Sweet powder

Overall: Offensively sweet! Just like how a cough syrup is excessively sweetened to hide the true medicinal taste to it, but you can still taste the bitterness anyway and the whole thing just tastes bad in the end.

I'll pass. Maybe I'm just the citrus kind of guy. ;P

kylexora
kylexora

First of all, I'm a women and I don't place a gender to any perfume. I hate it when designer put gender to their perfume. I wear anything that I like. In fact, I have few men perfume which smell very nice on a women. I love the sweetness in this perfume, add little woodsy. It's not aquatic kinda smell that I hate, but more citrus and wood. I usually use my boyfriend perfume, because he like the mild smell compared to hard heady woodsy notes like men perfume in early 90's. Many of men perfume today is much softer and attract me. Designer start to use flower, fruit and even vanilla for men perfume. That why I can wear then - mostly perfume with vanilla in it.
Okay, back to the perfume. Some men here are right. Yes,women loves it on a man. It make me wanna hugs my bf whole night and sniff his neck... such a turn on smell. Soft, but sexy. Mild, but spicy enough to make me go gaga. Sillage is good, longevity is okay - 5-6 hours.
p/s : the bottle is unique. I like it.

ginnie
ginnie

my boyfriend used to wear Ultraviolet and I loved it!!!it's the most sexy parfume for men I have ever smelt!it makes you want to smell it all the time :)

costaleo
costaleo

Excuse me I need to take another shower. This is very, very cloying!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

An average sweet/woody fragrance, starts with a blast of citruses and minty notes then settles down to soft/sweet woody base. projection and longevity is average. Nothing extraordinary except the bottle.

I give it 6 out of 10

autumn89
autumn89

This is a tricky one. It is cloyingly sweet and the most synthetic smelling fragrance i have ever encountered. Yet it recieves the most compliments out of my entire collection.

Just a shame i dont enjoy it much.

hay81hay
hay81hay

UV by Paco Rabanne, its sweet oriental with slight woody at drydown, i deduct mint note from begging till end , its not transferable to much .
i found it classic , interesting worth to try (online cost +-30$ cool:), but its not very awesome, just OK.

i found it close to Gucci Pour Homme II , especially at drydown , both of them are blue.!!

longevity more than 4hour and with average sillage .

diamond123
diamond123

this is my favourite.
i think its a really nice scent when i wear it people comment on how nice it is .
i like the freshness of this.

rodmassacre
rodmassacre

Nice fragrance. Very fresh, sexy and peculiar.
I had a bottle about 2 years ago. It's kind of a teenager smell.
Not bad, but i also wouldn't buy another one.

kiko1983
kiko1983

its good, but i would not buy another bottle... long lasting and very original smell, like every Paco Rabanne fragrances...

Barney Stinson
Barney Stinson

All I get out of this nonfragrance is a
very linear and synthetic smelling salty ambergris note that goes on and on. The only decent thing about Ultraviolet for men is the bottle.

periquito89
periquito89

Heavy on the wood plus some harsh sythetic sweet. Weird, interesting, disturbing and hard to use. All together.

behzad1280
behzad1280

After second time that I tested it, I found nothing special in this ordinary and repetitive scent.

Longevity and sillage are about average and finally it’s just another cologne!

بعد از دو سه بار که تستش کردم، چیز خاص و تاثیر گذاری توی این عطر ندیدم که قابل بیان باشه.
پخش و دوام بوی متوسطی هم داره
عطر برجسته ای نیست

miszliz
miszliz

love it on men and everytime when i buying a new perfume i have to sniff this before leaving

snitchings
snitchings

This really has to be one of the best fragrances from Paco Rabanne, going on to my second bottle now. It smells well nice on cold wintery days.

Pleasant smell but is starting a bit outdated, if you know what i mean.

guest_GladToBeGay
guest_GladToBeGay

The only attraction here is the brilliantly designed bottle.
The fragrance itself holds on for about fifteen minutes which doesn't even make it a decent room deodorant.
Irritating and musky like a spotty adolescent.

marioslg
marioslg

Very unsual sweet masculine perfume. Women love this perfum when is on the right skin. Tons of complements but a perfume that men do no prefer that much because of it's strange character. An interesting creation that should be considered as one of the best or one of the unigue perfumes. A must have for those that they want a full collection or all the types of perfumes. I do not see this to be a woody fragrance....Minty, refreshing, sweet...this is it's type.

vdxl
vdxl

A minty oriental for men that smells synthetic, but not in a bad way, but to evoke urban life. It is very sensual, very clean, the bottle is excellent and ladies love it. A getter if you like orientals and you want one to wear in the morning. It is very refreshing.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

if you want to smell like no-one else wherever you go,this is the one to put on.very unique fragrance.

Pavel
Pavel

Smells good at first but then becomes very synthetic. This one can give you a serious headache, so best is to test it first and then buy it.

jasonx
jasonx

I liked the concept of this one so much that I jumped up and down when I saw this one at the mall. Too bad, the smell was not what I expected. The combination of amber and mint smell really weird and unpleasant, then it dry down to this average sweet smell, nothing much and not worth buying. Thumb up for the concept, the bottle, the ad. Thumb down for the scent itself!

guest_a beautiful mind
guest_a beautiful mind

Very refreshing. Mint and woody notes are perfectly composed. Sweet, but in specific way, long lasting, but close to skin. Ideal to wear in summer to get refresh, instead of classic citrus fragrances.

dasa
dasa

I just dont get how you guys came up with an idea to sort it in oriental woody category. There is absolutely nothing woody about this one. I think PR matched parfume colour and its scent perfectly, cause it reminds me of blueberry, and if I didnt know it was called ultraviolet, I would simply guess this is the colour of this parfume.

leomat2008
leomat2008

This fragrance still keeps intricate to me. At the first half of the bottle (100ml) it was sweet, but not sweet like candy or fruit, a different kind of sweet i´ve never smell before, like a "mineral sweet" if I can discribe like this. And this is what I loved too much in this perfume, so different, so unique, soft, fresh, mineral, smells really like the colors of the pictures above. But the second half lost this scent and becomes less actrative. I bought a second flask with 50ml and sadlly can´t detect the first smell I loved then, now it smells like the second half of the 100ml bottle... I can´t understand why... I´m thinking in buy a new 100 ml flask and test again.
Actually its not a woody oriental.
Well, at last I think its a good fragrance for man, very different from all others I have tried before.

knightz
knightz

A dominantly Amber scent, a slightly dry Amber. It's not a typical 'Woody Oriental", there is no wood in this at all (the Vetiver is undetectable), and absolutely nothing oriental about it. I can detect some mint for about the first 5 minutes, then it's just lots of Amber after that. The Amber is very strong and semi-sweet. The mint smells like freshly picked mint leaves. It's not like mint candy, as in some scents, it still smells fresh and green for it's short life. Since the mint is up against Amber it is easily and quickly overpowered by it.

Any Vetiver or Mossy notes in Ultraviolet Man are supporting notes only. It's casual wear, I enjoy spritzing some on once in a while if I'm going to be staying at home.

manutdforever
manutdforever

Something which really strikes you right from the start is that this scent is obviously synthetic from start to finish. My apologies to fans of this fragrance, but the from the top notes to the middle notes, I always get this synthetic smell of "crayons".

To be fair, I've tried this fragrance on myself about 5 times, and I only started disliking the scent from around my 4th try onwards. My very first impression of the scent when I first tried it was that it smelled very uniquely feminine. In fact I think its uniqueness lends this scent a lot of its credit. The tag "ultraviolet" really fits the character of the scent - metrosexual, almost androgynous, outlandish, creative, and crying out for attention.

The opening is really sweet, I get lots of honey from the top notes. There isn't really much development from top to middle notes, but eventually it dries down to something spicy, but still sweet. Do not put on too much of this though, cos the sillage is quite powerful, and the smell can get quite annoying and "in your face" if done wrongly.

الأمل الأخير
الأمل الأخير

it is very sweet and relaxing..
the combination is wonderful and gives you a good feeling

women really love it,, actully men like it

I support it

ticalau
ticalau

this smell just 2 synthetic! to sweet and the notes r just keep going on sweetness and very simple! very strange from Paco Rabanne!

Maddyrain

Very interesting combination. I just wish it could last longer on my skin... :(

dunatko
dunatko

hmm... nice nice... can agree:-)

paco rabanne
paco rabanne

I can't believe, there are no comments about Paco Rabanne's best men's fragrance. This is manly perfume but also untypical soft for oriental woody fragrances. Women love it, and what do you need more?

Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne 3.92 out of 5 based on 527 ratings and 95 user reviews

Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne TESTER for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed for Men
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
FragranceShop.com
Ultraviolet Liquid Crystal by Paco Rabanne for Men Summer Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
ULTRAVIOLET for MEN by Paco Rabanne EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Gift Set 3.4oz
Ultraviolet Gift Set by Paco Rabanne Gift Set for Men Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.1 oz Deodorant Stick
Gift Set 3.4oz
Ultraviolet Cologne by Paco Rabanne - -- Gift Set - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 2.1 oz Deodorant Stick
ULTRAVIOLET for MEN by Paco Rabanne SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ DEODORANT SPRAY 5 OZ
ULTRAVIOLET for MEN by Paco Rabanne SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ DEODORANT SPRAY 5 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.