Designers » N-Q » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

XS Paco Rabanne for men

XS Paco Rabanne for men
dislike

XS Paco Rabanne for men Videos
XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures XS Paco Rabanne for men Pictures

XS by Paco Rabanne is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. XS was launched in 1993. XS was created by Rosendo Mateu and Gerard Anthony. Top notes are rosemary, mandarin orange, tarragon, mint, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are coriander, juniper, sage, bourbon geranium and brazilian rosewood; base notes are amber, patchouli, sandalwood, musk, vanilla, oakmoss and cedar.

Rosemary Mandarin Orange Tarragon Mint Bergamot Lemon

Herrera For Men

XS Fragrance Reviews

adyyy7
adyyy7

Pretty clasic elegant smell.Medium longevity and silage.Nothing wow about it.

joenick68
joenick68

Long time I had this one, but did not make an impression on me to get another one.

Osmo
Osmo

Haven't smelled creed's yet, but this is a quite good man juice, classic and pleasant, citrusy with a spicy hint scent although sillage and longevity were quite poor for my skin. Some lagerfeld photo (vintage) flashes on drydown i really felt; although generally the scent isn't really present for my nose after i apply (even if oversprayed!) the whole thing is pretty wearable i think. Interesting and inoffencive classic i guess that smells differently to different skins.

lovetribe
lovetribe

my first perfum!!!!
timeless. smells like a man. suitable for all times and seasons !!!!!!!!!

lee_maccuckoo
lee_maccuckoo

I particularly can't smell anything like Himalaya out of this one, aside from the citrus-meets-sandalwood. Himalaya is creamier and smoother, whereas XS smells more like a toned-down, brighter, more herbal and pleasant version of Herrera For Men. I guess it's probably the tobacco/clove/lavender combination in Men that turns out to be unpleasant to my senses; XS, on the other hand, never goes too far to give me a headache. Excellent longevity, good projection. A classic that aged really well; and a staple in my closet.

JoeOM
JoeOM

This is a great woody, floral masculine fragrance. I bought this after falling in love with Black XS.

All of the notes in XS work together so well which results in a sophisticated herbal opening and a superb aromatic middle and dry down.

Alas, longevity and projection are only average.

fuggerone
fuggerone

great for casual wearing after a fresh shower in summer, weak longevity alas!

toto453
toto453

A marvelous scent ! Really male & sexy, as told in the perfume description. Maybe too "macho" fragrance but I really like it.
That smells alcoolic apple :)

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

Read through these notes to find someone claiming PacoRabanne threatened by Carolina Herrera legally over this being a copy of Herrera for Men? Don't see the similarity other than both been in the 'green aromatic' family which also covers most cologne based fragrances anyway! Herrera for Men has similar ingredients, but the results on the skin are vastly different. There is a certain 'carnality' in Herrera due to the Ambergris which will never be emulated by the Vanilla tranquility of the XS. Although I've regularly smelled the XS in passing, I've not, until today given it any more than a cursory squib on my hand. But today I drained the final dregs of Herrera for Men onto my neck(neck for when 'I' want to smell what I'm wearing, rather than chest and arms for others) and because today looks set to be hot outside, I decided to give XS a go in support.
* 2 hours in, and it has settled nicely on my skin, it's helping me feel fresh, clean, crisp, cool and subversively masculine.
* 4 hours in and the persistence is still good. The herbal notes are emphasising the refreshing bergamot note and at the moment the fragrance is progressing along a linear type... usually by now on my skin the vanilla and musk elements would have taken over, but XS has retained the 'stay fresh' nature.
* 5 1/2 hrs and the fragrance has dried down to make the difference between the listed vanilla and musk imperceptible from the warmth of my skin. Above that though, still sits the linear mint and bergamot green notes. I'll have to admit I don't think there's much more to be unearthed at this point other than it's brilliance at alleviating fatigue and tiredness during a long day. Un-obtrusive and deceptively clever fragrance.
* Okay... Wow, over 7 1/2 hrs later and the fresher notes have popped back up again after an afternoon break in the sunshine and XS has performed in longevity much, much better than I expected.

Although XS is outside of my comfort zone in terms of type, I can easily see why it has stood for a decade as a favourite for 'everyday wear'. Perhaps it unfair for it to be offered at a reduced price in a lot of UK stores, but it does offer the consumer the opportunity to feel almost immaculately fresh and clean all day.
It is wrong to say that this is nothing special, so I won't, but this does fill a much needed niche where it stands invaluable nonetheless.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Very nice for its time. A classic.

vicvic
vicvic

I still have the old version. Its a signature Paco Rabanne scent that associates with Luxury, Precious Metals, Leather, and Warmth. Reminds me of Coriander and Rosewood. Intoxicating if sprayed too much. It will last you 4-6 hours for a few sprays on the chest. I'm not a fan of it but I respect the scent and the sophistication it brings. Best for formal meetings. Not good for sensitive noses.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

To me, it's nice. That's all.

Perfectly respectable and clean, but lacks confidence. I won't ever reach for this in my collection.... I'd much rather reach for YSL PH, Emporio Armani, Bogart PH, Hugo Boss, etc, etc.

This is going to be a gift to someone.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: average
LONGEVITY: poor-average
SCENT: elegant/classic
BOTTLE: cheesy.
VALUE FOR MONEY: good

OVERALL: 6/10
---------------------------------------------

ZELJO
ZELJO

gentle little fragance, too generic but not bad if you want to go perfumed but unnoticed, one of these fragances from last years of last century and early ones of current one than smells almost the same, after shavish but not bad, anyway not something I,d buy again, lacks personality

tavo
tavo

Tea and virtue just buy this and dior farenheit for oil and leather.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a bracingly icy green scent, but it's a little too synthetic for me. It opens as a pine forest with some violets in the underbrush. As the violet begins to get more prominent, it starts to remind me of the modern concrete-like aspect of Narciso Rodriguez. Juniper, or something like it, becomes more obvious as well. There's a little bit of household cleaner in it, but not as much as the similar cheapo Stetson Sierra which I'm concurrently reviewing. A little cedar starts to emerge to cut it, which I normally would like, but I fear that not enough has been used. Plus, its a dark, musky cedar that feels contaminated to me. As it devolves further into woody violets, I start to get tired of it. It loses intensity rather drastically in the drydown though, so in the final stages I sort of forget about it. It's not really for me, but I could see how other people might like it.

tea and virtue
tea and virtue

This reminds me of my dad. he used to wear this all the time... i just need to find a way of layering it with the smell of motorcycle oil and leather, and it'd be perfect!

stayclose
stayclose

This stuff is nice I cant really tell what notes I am smelling my guess is because its all blended very well although at times especially in the opening I can smell the wood and from what I can tell some type of fruit. What do I smell and how would i describe this scent? "barber shop" not like prada amber more like that frag from ysl that has a black and white tube. Anyways its a nice and clean fragrance good for work and even though it smells like it has lots of spices and its not a citrus or aquatic it works during the summer. Why? Not sure but it has a clever note which smells of ice or something frozen. How do I feel when I wear this or what comes to mind? a nice clean button down shirt with nice dress slacks heck maybe even a round of golf.

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

I don't know , what happened to the longevity of XS.
Its not you my dear.
the old version, XS written in grey was far long better then new version with XS labeled in silver.
very sad, where can I find you my Dear.
;-)

vitilsky
vitilsky

This is a nice smell. But to me, it lacks something, maybe it is a slightly insecure fragrance, but I like it.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

XS was one of my first perfumes.
A cool combination, opens with citrus touches and and half green, minty, and then merges with a fruity touch the heart.
It brings the feeling of melon, juniper can be with geranium, but has the touch with woody or tobacco.
The base that tone gains strength, and is adjacent aroma with the sandalwood which gives some creaminess and warms the fragrance, light honeyed nuances around. Beautiful scent!

jmpioimac07312002
jmpioimac07312002

i recently bought one and i enjoy wearing it.

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

XS is a fresh, Herbal Blast, which may knock you down, However! Let it settle for 10 minutes and you'll be greeted with an intense, fresh, soapy, yet non generic scent. It is a pleasing almost invigorating aroma, the mint and bergamot play off each other, the terragon, juniper and sage add this depth, along with the almost ethereal and dreamy sandalwood, and rosewood Base. It is not your typical Citrus overload, Summer frag, it is a fresh frag, worth having in your collection. If standing out from the fresh as air and water clan is your forte and still want spicy yet heavenly Fresh, then XS is the Best Choice, 212 and XS will always win me over every Summer. I Love.
8/10.
And it Projects for 5 hours and Lasts on my skin for almost 10 hours. That's another reason to get this Stunner.

Mangotea
Mangotea

To smell this even on a tester strip makes me very......rrrrandy! This is some powerful stuff gentlemen. Wear with caution;-)

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

What a lovely surprise, I was waiting for something like a wall of scent from the 90's and instead XS is a very discreet and understated fragrance. All I get in the top is citrus and mint and some powdery geranium, a lillte sweet and soapy. Can feel some of the woods and a lillte vanilla in the background. Also nice and clean and subdue bergamott, almost anticeptical. I cannot tell whether it would be better with a lillte more citrous or amber/woody notes? Not bad at all for the price. No coriander nor sage for me. I like it. So very masculine.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

The first time, I had an encounter with these giants, as long ago as 94! Remember, buddy's dad brought him, because he was a punk, was not in his 'catch, and sold it to me, was actually bartering, I took perfume of 50 ml.pa next week I went to Bulgaria, and from there he brought a box of Snickers-and if I'm not mistaken, it was around 50 or so, chocolates or slt.sweetest replacement trade in history, great happiness, it was for me, after Kouros and Tabac Extreme, anything at that time, the ultra popular, a lot of 'fancy Versace Blue Jeans, as he seemed quite serious, the first version, fittings Zippo lighters.ltimately, fresh green opening, slightly offset by mandarin and 'tame wild mint, juniper, gives the' green tone, which, aided coriander, go to sc.sour countryside, until, finally, he brings sandalwood oriental flavor, but quite a bit, but still enough to single out from the crowd, these green-sharp perfume, so typical for the 80's, and start 90-s.Great perfume, these strange and unreal 90-s. being indeed then Perfume, made with style and soul! Following renewed several times, and went into oblivion legendary! Now, I almost tried it, and it's not, more that, if it were reformulated or whatever, but it's not the same filing.At home, I have a few more milliliters of the old one, and jealously guard it, for some, 'young and some time, however, a beautiful youth in a crazy time.Even now, when I close my eyes and smell it,at first, be happy,but then the sad,because I know that even such a youth, never to return,as much as I wanted the opposite,but one thing is important-Dreams are always stronger than reality, and XS is Winner of time, and living witness of my sufferings, but I know we'll meet again, and I know that the rain will fall, and I do not recognize, but for the moment I'll turn and I'll see him, dignified walking road of no return, so there where is my youth, gone forever!

limited Edition
limited Edition

I purchased a bottle of XS at $30 Au ( Department store prices are at $130). The frgrance took me back to a time when I owned a bottle previously..I remember I liked it then..

The woodyness of this fragrance leans me towards wearing it of an evening , but I resist and keep the "old school " favourites for day to day wearing.

ScottyVizz

The quintessential 90's smell. Sharp, fresh, strong, masculine, and ice cold.

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Charming, attractive and powerful in the summer. Shy and boring in cold days. Longevity and sillage are OK, perhaps the strong opening and the first 30 or 40 minutes since applied are too heavy and makes you feel like you are wearing nothing when the intensity of the fragrance decreases towards the heart of the scent. I think that it should be worn during daytime.

gio
gio

Best of 90's

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی خوبی داشت.ماندگاری خوبی نداشت.یادش بخیر

0lga5
0lga5

The sexiest of all fragrances. Every time I smell it i forget about everything, it captures all of my attention.

shycosid
shycosid

This one is a favorite i think the best colonges in the world were make in the 1990s and up to 2000 after that its been going down hole with all these new half men half women smells lol. dis one is the stuff

amaan.khan
amaan.khan

I don't Know why, but this is my favorite fragrance.

I love everything about it.
Its sharp beginning and beautiful base notes, everything is so great for me.

I think it has a very beautiful and mature fragrance that stays with you towards the End.
Great longevity, great silage.

I just Love this Fragrance and I always have it in my wardrobe.

Please suggest some similarly mature smelling fragrances. Thanks in Advance. :)

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

people are so right..i have creed himalaya and xs and they are quite similar..skip expensive himalaya and go for xs

TK421
TK421

This is my "until I get Platinum Egoiste" fragrance Chanel is clearly better but I still like this one though.

ChristianSetian13
ChristianSetian13

This was my late grandfather's signature scent.

reborn
reborn

one of the best men`s frags!!!!

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

Right hand XS, Left hand Creed Himalaya...
At the beginning i do not noticed any difference...(they smell just exactly as the same) but 3 hours late...

Himaya has gone away
XS still there

5 hours late XS still there
6 Hours late XS has gone away too.

(as a note, i`m a Creed Fan, you can see it in my profile and collection, but this one - XS- is superior.)

Indronil
Indronil

Not much to my liking.It's too strong initially to be really pleasing.Also does not last that long like Paco Rabanne original

manimani
manimani

When i got it in 95, i think that there was no happier man than i!I smelled a shirt 20-30 timer,and afther, and after 6 months,the shirt still smelled on fragrance.Incredibly!But those were different times, and then perfumes made with style, not like today, scented guides with out character!?For that time, perfumes is so dangerous, but today, not attracted too me too much.Now i liked sweet perfumes.Cause, maybe it's still, like fashions,all changes?I dont know,or maybe the problem is on me,today i still love one, and tomorrow anoher love, or than i was young and foolish,i think I am still young, unfortunately, this time only in my head.But who knows,maybe one day all be different, and I be young again, with XS in my hands, even in my dreams!!!

mccoy
mccoy

little bit booring but good fragrance for any ocassion:) longevity is good. I like XS

Sharklord
Sharklord

This is a clone for Herrera Men By Carolina Herrera. That is why it was taken out of major stores. It smells like clone and Herrera threatened a lawsuit. It is a lot like the Perry Ellis Clones.
It can be found inexpensive compared to Herrera. I got bottle in Amsterdam for $23 100ml

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
Unlike most of the comments, I think this scent works best in a man with a beard stiff than a teenager.
I've had two bottles of this wonderful scent and never got tired of it.
It has a lot of class. Mark fills in everywhere.
The longevity and projection are wonderful.

binoybcompany

Totally got it wrong about silage & longevity the problem was i could not smell it & my office was dud.

Silage seems to be better than good & the same goes for longevity stay's for 8+hrs. Its Strong as said in previous reviews not only at the top.

Spray it on the skin lasts & projects lot better than on clothes.

oxm
oxm

Today I want to talk about XS by Paco Rabanne, the bottle is very beautiful, it is a lighter emotions, but if we want to say something of the fragrance is certainly not easy because of the perfume of the same name indicates the excess: the opening is a lively citrus that tickles but after a few minutes is the best and gently spicy aroma (reminiscent of Lancome Miracle Homme), the fund is persuasive wood, musk and vanilla, leave a good trail like a caress and unexpected end
although I see there are notes of chamomile
magical and dreamy scent travels back to the silk roads among the arabesques of the palace of a thousand and one night ...

binoybcompany

Its an ok fragrance like a neat one which you can wear without giving much thought. IMO would not recommend this for any occasions as it has nothing great in it.

All the reviews i can see they have mentioned it as a strong scent but that's only hardly 20min on top. It's a cool calm fragrance. I don't have any huge silage as mentioned by others or may be my office is a dud one people just don't recognize it :(

Would not recommend as a must have but its not bad either, Yes the price is fair the bottle looks good stays for a neat 4+ hrs. Only opinion would be tht i should have opted for the 1.7oz bottle.

Castor
Castor

Did you realised XS smells like a template? There is an amazing quantity of scents similar to it, coming to my mind such classics like RL's Saphari, Brooks Brothers for men and Chanel's Allure, Lauder's Intuition, discontinued scents like Ô de Lancôme pour Homme, Avon's Class Act / Paradigm, local drusgtores scents like Alliance by Carlos Benaim, niche scent liks Creed's Himalaya and even recent releases like Davidoff's Champion and Montblanc's Legacy.

I cannot state what is the prominent top note all these have in common that many call "green" or "spiced green", however I can discern bergamot - like top notes in all of these later morphing into more / or / less complex woody - woody / amberine - amberine notes. In the case of XS, there are fruity-like notes in the top/mid notes..

One way or another, people like all of these, I always get compliments when I wear Aliance, XS or Brooks Brothers. So I guess the blend came to be a default-formula for popular men's blends. Of course, you might as well try these in order to find nuisances among them (Safari's dry-down is amazing, Montblanc's Legacy spicy fruit notes are obvious, etc). However, the template in question is a good ground when it comes to deciding how to spend one's money: IMHO, I would not pay hefty prices for such a common kind of blend.

This being said, Aliance by Carlos Benaim fits the bill perfectly well for USD 25 for a 3.3 Oz / 100 ml bottle.

vinnibes
vinnibes

I absolutely love this frag. It's very sharp at the top, but after 10 minutes it turns into this very masculine herbal scent, that lasts forever. It's powerful, loud. A mature and confident fragrance.

silentrich
silentrich

Smells like Creed's Himalaya. Very masculine with good sillage and longevity. Probably for the over 30 crowd, but a great summer fragrance that you won't find a ton of people wearing.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I do like this fragrance, even though it is loud and crisp but somehow it makes me feel comfortable. Sillage is great and the longevity last and last, just spray it moderately, it will stay all day. Most important for me, this XS doesn't make me feel sticky, unlike Black XS. Bravo XS!

rcuban
rcuban

Un clasico en cuba .

diablochancho
diablochancho

esto es una mezcla de jazz con carolina herrera(herrera for men)

Markx
Markx

A perfume for the harsh and hard times when you could barely buy something to eat but you are still stylish enough to consider buying a perfume, XS or Excess strikes the perfect balance between what you pay and what you get, good quality perfume that is cheap and can go head to head with perfumes that costs twice as much. I know the bottle is cheap but if you can grow up and be reasonable to overlook that aspect then you will have one of the nicest perfumes around!

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

It's a beautiful scent but it's a pity that so many men wear it! I know fragrances change a bit when they blend with the personal scent of who wears it, but still I find this has become a too common perfume.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

If Quorum had a son...

jgschmitt99
jgschmitt99

XS is such a clean and sophisticated scent. Perhaps a bit dated for some, but it brings about great memories for me. It smells young and successful.

lilou
lilou

I love Paco Rabanne men perfumes ! XS is a very masculine fragrance which is very recognizable, fresh and strong in a same time. Good lasting.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A pleasant, well blended woody fragrance. Starts slightly fruity and the drydown is distinctly woody. It does seem generic at first but it's got character, and the more you wear it the more it grows on you. It's very good and very masculine. It's one of the best woody fragrances in the world.

zecheiroso

Top ***
Heart **
Base ***
Final score ***

One of the 2 I received from a 1x2 swap. It's pretty nice, suited for my plan of actually using up every bottle.
Curiously very similar to Incanto. It's got the IMO dreaded "manly accord", at an average intensity. Not sure what it is, spices, herbs, or poor quality musk.

The good
Versatile enough to be worn all year round except the coldest and hottest days. Pleasant enough to suit most daily situations, that can save my better scents.
I enjoy the mint too, despite the fact it's far from Roadster's quality, for example.
I don't like the heart notes but I can guess girls do. I either don't like juniper, or I'm mixing it up with some other note.
Nice deal for its price.
Sillage is average.

The bad
The opening reminds me of medicine.
Longevity is pretty short, 4 hours but expected for that price tag.

The ugly
Going against the majority, I dislike certain spices and herbs as I find them... too masculine! I can't tell whether it's the artemisia or the coriander, and I suspect I don't like the juniper neither. That heart faintly annoys me.
The composition is noticeably synthetic. I wouldn't call it unbalanced but it can't really compete with top tier designer.
Boring.
Cloying.
It has mediocre written all over it, pretty funny that I'm giving it 3 stars for almost everything.

Pretty nice but I'm not buying a new bottle once it's over.

teddy7
teddy7

This is one of my first perfumes. I used to wear it when I was student. Strong and overpowering for me. Can be worn on special occasions but definitely not at a workplace because of it's agresiveness.

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

Esta fragancia, para mi tiene puntos que destacan a favor y otros en contra.
Puntos a favor: para quienes gustan de las fragancias con hierbas y helechos, tiene muy buena duracion (hay una nota de menta embebida entre citricos que le da matiz a la vainilla que emerge desde las notas base, patchouli y ambar)
Puntos en contra: Las notas de helechos evoluciona demasiado a lo largo del tiempo, por lo cual la fragancia se siente generica o no muy definida ya que la vainilla es intensa y destaca sobre las demas notas. Puede llegar a cansar el olfato a cortas distancias.
Segun la publicidad, es pensada para encuentros intimos y para seducir, ya que tiene geranio , vainilla, sandalo y menta, considerados afrodisiacos. En resumen, para mi es intensa y controvertida.

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

I wear it , but i fall in love with it when the bottle nearing empty , i'm looking to buy another one , it is really great perfume fresh with long lasting .

tavinver
tavinver

This scent is fruity, all Rabanne scents use to play with fruit notes, Paco XS is very useful for many situations, Sharp, but Fresh, juvenile but strong, maybe too risky for someone.

I wore it for ten years.

Deetron
Deetron

XS was one of my favorites a few year ago, but it became too popular. Besides that XS is a truly men fragrance – fresh and strong. Great for summer.

kiko1983
kiko1983

Excellent!!! Very woody but fresh and masculine at the same time... very good for the evening and night...

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

This is a chypre fragrance - very fresh and masculine - a staple in my fragrance wardrobe albeit a bit generic in todays fragrance market . I like this one Fresh clean and invigorating :)

dm8m
dm8m

i used to share xs with my dad when i was in primary school. my first experience with fragrances back when i couldn't afford one, well i was a kid then.lol

i like this scent before but i probably won't use it again since it's a strong scent as far as i can remember.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

A great scent, one of my earlier perfumes when i start collectiong and it is still one of the best. It resembles to Carolina herrera pour homme in its drydown but for me CH is a little better than this. It starts with bright sparkling citrus opening and gradually dries down to woody musky notes. It is to good to wear as casual as well as formal wear.
It has got good silage and longevity.
I give it 8.3 out of 10.

instantjim
instantjim

A refreshing open of citrus and herbs greeted me when I first applied this. The balance of herbs and citrus is such that neither dominate. This balance meant that it took me a few times of wearing this before I realised what herbs I could smell.

At first I thought I could detect the camphorousness of spike lavender, but then after I applied for the third day in a row it became clear that it was rosemary I could smell - I don't detect the mint.

XS has the distinction of being a fresh fragrance with real presence. Yet it is never 'loud'. To me it has the same kind of fougere-type power that its brother Paco Rabanne Pour Homme has, but it evolves into a sweet/woody/musky scent with great sillage and lasting 6 or more hours. This is a superb fragrance for warmer weather.

Malegria
Malegria

I don`t know what is wrong with me. It has the notes I mostly like in men cologne and yet I don`t like it. I think it`s just too much of everything... what was supposed to symbolize passion, turned out to be a symbol of arrogance for me! I just can`t take this fragrance seriously. Though I could probably forgive someone very young for wearing it.
It is unmistakeably the signature of the 90s, but with an attitude of the 80s...

ScottyVizz

Mmmmm..mint, citrus and spice! When first applied, it's almost like a breath of fresh air (and I'm not implying that you should breathe it in :D). I love the mint the most, mostly because it's not that mint gum type mint, but like walking through a trail of mint leaves. I heard it's also pretty much a copy of Creed's Himalaya, so don't bother spending $100+ on that when you can this for $30! ...Oh yeah, the bottle's awesome and the atomizer's powerful :p

sky76sky
sky76sky

A little bottle fell out of my cupboard today so I decided to test it again. Fresh & herby - all the reviews so far have it bang on. It may not seem classy but it has a clean soapyness that blends well with the spices & herbs & creates a worthy fragrance for any man's scent wardrobe. In fact, it has just enough vanilla to encourage me to wear it, too ... the woodiness is very appealing.

countbernadotte
countbernadotte

Though has not received the same acclaim of its older brother Paco rabanne Pour Homme, XS is one of those men’s cologne that you should always have for the summer. It is light, fresh and sophisticatedly simple.

In considering XS, you should be familiar with and do like both Acqua Di Gio and Cartier Pour Homme. Also the newly introduced in 2008 Versace Pour homme. Somehow, Paco has all of them in one. It is somewhat stronger than all of those 3 fine fragrances and offers longer longevity, wearability, and ever so greater sillage. (English miss-spelling: Silage.)

This is one of those aquatic fragrances which are a bit light, mintish, refreshing and imparts a discernible note of “ watermelonishness. “

Paco has always been successful in offering fragrances which have had a very broad sense of appeal across the highly competitive market of sophisticated taste, and the XS will not fall short of being counted as one in this category.

So, if you have not tried Armani’s Aqua Di Gio or Versace Pour Homme, and you are looking for a great fragrance for day wear, or for summer time, this would not be less than excellent a choice.

Eros
Eros

Slightly "greeny", slightly above modern "average" cologne.
Nearest analogue is Cartier "Declaration" which is more "expensive" and "classy".
The bottle is just great! Why is every man's perfume in the universe not in this type of beauty packaging? Why only Armani "Attitude" and Dunhill?

Archaic
Archaic

Feels like being surrounded by wild flowers on the Alps. Cool minty air surrounds you for the first hour. A manly fresh floral. Longevity is very good. Sillage is above average. 2 thumbs up from me. Good for office/formal occasion.

acc
acc

I really like the tarragon and bourbon geranium. These two notes make the fragrance unique for me.

It starts extremely strong and somewhat sharp but then it is like a tamed tiger. It does not stay close to the skin, just makes its presence known.

Lolly007
Lolly007

Dieser Duft ist nicht nur für Männer. Auch für mich selbt fand ich ihn sehr gut, wegen seiner Frische.

This smell is not only for men. Also for me selbt I found it very good, because of its freshness.

ticalau
ticalau

well what can i say... the fragrance it's ok... it's hot and warm and not so sweet! I like the top notes very mutch, and i like that it's a powerful one!I like it but it's just a fragrance i won't buy it again... And i do like the bottle 2 ;)

knightz
knightz

I like XS pH. The only other Paco Rabanne cologne I have ever tried is the original PR pH, and it's been years since I smelled it. When I took a whiff of XS I immediately remembered what PR pH smelled like because there is an accord from the original in XS. They are different scents, and from what I can remember about the original, I like XS a little better. They took some of the heart and base of the original and then completely reinvented a new scent around it, with especially long-lasting spicy-minty-citrus top notes. It's different, but unmistakably Paco Rabanne.

The longevity is very good if including the base, as even the dry down has some strong sillage. I put this on fresh out of the shower, just 1 or 2 sprays max. It's a strong, sensuous, and sweet musk-amber base, and too much could get cloying. I wear XS for daytime dress or dressed-up casual, unlike the original which is a more formal scent to me.

XS by Paco Rabanne 3.79 out of 5 based on 529 ratings and 79 user reviews

Paco Rabanne XS Gift Set 2 Piece, 1 set
Paco Rabanne Xs Excess Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Paco Rabanne Xs Excess Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Paco Rabanne XS Excess Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Deodorant Stick 75ml 2.2oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paco Rabanne XS fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paco Rabanne XS, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify XS by Paco Rabanne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of XS by Paco Rabanne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.