Designers » N-Q » Chypre « Groups

Mon Parfum Paloma Picasso for women

Mon Parfum Paloma Picasso for women
dislike

Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso is a Chypre fragrance for women. Mon Parfum was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Creations Aromatiques. Top notes are hiacynth, ylang-ylang, bergamot, angelica, rose and lemon; middle notes are mimosa, coriander, jasmine and rose; base notes are honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk and oakmoss.

Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Angelica Rose Lemon

Jean-Louis Scherrer

Mon Parfum Fragrance Reviews

carpp79
carpp79

Love it. My mom wore it a lot, I wore it a lot. Dry, sophisticated, classic chypre. 30 ml bottle is whole black. 100 ml bottle has black frames and transparent glass in the middle. I think 50 ml bottle is equal to 100 ml bottle (black frames, transparent glass in the middle). The expression "mon parfum" was used to advertising and in a few old bottles, and they are all the same perfume in EDP version. EDT version (transparent bottle with gold cap/lid) is different and the scent is less good, watery. Watch out! Go for EDP version.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Mon Parfum Paloma Picasso

Top Notes: Hiacynth, ylang-ylang, bergamot, angelica, rose lemon

Middle Notes: Mimosa, coriander, jasmine rose

Base Notes: Honey, iris, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk oakmoss

This is a flanker for the beloved Paloma Picasso but in no way does it resemble Paloma Picasso. This is a softer, sweeter, and more floral woodsy version of Paloma. I smelled more flower in this black bottle than in the vintage classic Paloma. This is a honey pot of flowers. The honey note really stood out and I smelled it throughout the entire performance of the fragrance. It's a sweet amber and honey combination which really sets it apart from other Palomas. Sweet and aromatic. The base notes in this fragrance are notes I look for and which usually provide the scent with a lot of oomph. This time around however there is less oomph and while the oak moss is there it's been subdued by honey. The patchouli too is otherwise more pronounced but it loses to honey. Thank God I can still smell that musk. The opening is citrus and fresh. The heart is floral with distinct flowery scents of rose iris and hyacinth. I could also make out the angelica. This is mainly a rose perfume the whole thing is built around two rose notes. The rose and iris give it a powder effect but it's not as powdery as other rose perfumes I've experienced. I can't really compare this fragrance to others but because of the rose and honey as well as the amber it sort of reminds me of Diva by Ungaro. This is sweet, floral and musky and wears like Paloma Picasso's kid sister who is already attempting to replace her and starting off slowly and gradually by wearing her clothes. I love the black bottle. This is a really nice perfume if you like honey, flowers and musk.

misslawbore
misslawbore

Just bought the 30ml EDP in Boots, the all black bottle, going at half price at £24.99 right now. It's gorgeous: the animalic is still discernible, it has the power, the warmth and spills spices on the skin, but still has subtlety. It reminds me a little of the vintage Lancome Magie Noire which was created six years earlier in 1978. However, it's streets ahead of the badly reformulated Magie Noire still on sale today (which I find is a sharp and metallic synthetic smelling scent compared to the lovely vintage Magie Noire I used to buy back in the early eighties). Mon Parfum has been reformulated, but some reviewers say it is as near as dammit to the original (I didn't try the original so I can't say, but it smells so good I am tempted to believe them). I say wear black with it for evening with lots of bling and spray it on furs, it's that kind of scent.

smellagent
smellagent

In the ads mon parfum is in white bottles. Not sure here. I have several mini white
MP and several mini black ones and one big black bottle. Supposedly all vintage. I really like them all. Exotic and way ahead of their time. I get the moss and other notes. They are deep and lovely and above all blended into a super smooth concoction. Go vintage on this one. Big bottles are ridiculously priced but the minis are reasonable and you get the same stuff.

Kione
Kione

I just got Paloma Picasso and the bottle is black like this one! but it doesn't say "Mon Parfum" anywhere! very confused...

Dolora Grace
Dolora Grace

Mama's perfume. Smells beautiful like money, fur coats, and diamonds. A unique smell for the classy lady. Very dominant and awesome.

boruvka44

My confusion about Mon Parfum and PP is completed.
I found the black 30 and 50 ml flacons in several internet shops in my country, asked if they can make sure, it is the black flacon (they said it is the one), I asked about the code and ingredients list.
I compared ingredients list on my very old box and a picture of the recent, that one kind lady sent me from one of those shops. They are not the same.
So, is there a difference only in formula? I start to believe this black Paloma and the golden one is the same perfume.
Why do they make two kind of flacons?:) Is there any long-term Paloma lover out here to share their experience?
I have not ordered/smelled the recent black flacon juice yet.

acwalsh1
acwalsh1

I got this today in boots , i thought it was the clear bottle but to my delight i opened it and boom its the classic black bottle , im in my own kinda heaven, i love paloma picasso ,it does so much to my senses its like an explosion of smells it spins and dances in so many directions , oh so naughty but elegant aw im a happy girl ♥ it

VickyLondres
VickyLondres

I never knew this is not the same parfum as Paloma Picasso, I always thought this one was the EDP, while the other EDT.

The Parfum is by far my favorite. Paloma Picasso lacks some personality from this one. But I think this is too late now, very hard to find the Parfum.

strawberrynewton
strawberrynewton

Mon Parfum and Paloma Picasso are actually two different perfumes. Although fairly similar smelling, Mon Parfum actually is the softer, gentler sister to P.P. It's a little sweeter, rosier and does not contain the animalic ingredients (i.e. civet) that the P.P. has as base notes. If you compare them side by side, you'll notice a softer dry down with Mon Parfum. I prefer this (always in the solid black bottle) to the P.P. for the very fact it's a bit softer. Both are power houses with a long lasting sillage and longevity. Love it!!! Hope that helps clarify the confusion between the two!

boruvka44

The golden version of EDP smells wonderful, but it smells different than my old black bottle with tree moss (Evernia Furfuracea) and coumarin (tobacco sweet) listed in ingredients.
The new version is a natural, woody crisp oakmoss beauty!
In this black flacon, oakmoss is smoother, deep, feminine flowery sweet, luxurious.
The perfect combination of temperament, style and good taste, intelligence end experience, and erotic.

rosamaryflores
rosamaryflores

es lo maximo

eilismaireg

Humbug. My husband hated this and I've had to return it to the shop. On further wearings, the lack of oakmoss really affected my enjoyment of the scent, it just isn't what it used to be...:(

diana.barrientos
diana.barrientos

So sexy woodsy pasionate i looooove it

eilismaireg

I bought this today and it's evident that the re formulation is in this bottle, rather than the one with the clear insert. There is no oakmoss in the ingredients and when comparing this with my vintage sample this lacks some depth and richness. However, it is more 'wearable' perhaps and is still sexy and warm. This isn't an utter re formulation disaster and still smells 100% better than most modern scents. Try to get the version with the oakmoss if possible though. Next time I shall read the ingredients before paying!

krmarich
krmarich

I have a bottle thats about 25 years old. Its as strong as ever, of course. It hails from a time of excess. It was the frontrunner.

It defies all catagories. It opens with a blast of aldehydes and the oakmoss reaches out and grabs you. Unlike most chypres, there is no fruit here. It is almost a floral aldehyde.Carnation, neroli, hyacinth,angelica and rose wave happily for awhile. Somehow, they stay around for the duration of the production.

After about 30 minutes, patcholi share the stage with oakmoss and introduce the heart floral-jasmine, ylang ylang and mimosa. Its a sumptuous tropical bouquet covered in honey. It never really gets sweet, however.

The naughty closing notes accompany the oakmoss again. The vetiver, sandalwood, amber and musk all make the civet/castorum seem proper. We all know better. This is pure sex in a bottle! Its done so well that you cannot help but admire it.

It has been compared to Chanel No 5, Mitsouko, and various other classics. It was a classic for its time. It is all about the power of a woman-dont forget her reserved grace. Of all of the powerhouse productions of the 1980s, this one seemed timeless.

It has changed hands a few times and had the oakmoss/civet turned down. Now it is in the clutches of L'Oreal who will clean it up-basically rewrite the formula. Why dont they stick to making cheap hair color?

sami1961
sami1961

verry rich

marija.p
marija.p

It's a great perfume, reminds me of CK's secret obsession. This perfume is more suited to mature, sophisticated women.

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

very rich, feminine, sensual ''too much'' in a good way

adele l
adele l

Really nice, loud in the best way. on me it smells incredibly clean, warm, and almost unisex- a little like shaving cream but perfumy (if that's a word). i get no animalic notes at all.

Naina
Naina

At saturday I got this 30 ml bottle. But it´s really the same, like the other "Paloma Picasso" (which ist listened here too)...
It´s strange... Why do they show for the same fragrance different frag.-notes?

It doesn´t matter, because I like it soooo much! On me it smells a little bit fruity and green.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

My bottle of Paloma Picasso looks like the picture shown for "Mon Parfum" but smells like the other Paloma Picasso scent listed here. In looking at several websites, it appers the two scents are actually the same, but the bottle changed in there somewhere.

I love Paloma because my mother used to wear it, and because it still smells completely unique. It's very warm, very animalic and musky, but you can smell the beautiful flowers in there, too. This is a great scent for winter, but needs to be applied with a careful hand for office or warm weather wear. It has monstrous sillage and can be overpowering. It also lasts for hours. You'll likely have to scrub it off if you don't want it to last an entire day.

They just don't make scents like this anymore, but thank goodness they still make this one. A classic chypre that any fan of the category must try!

I just read in Harper's Bazaar that Ms. Picasso still wears this one herself. Bravo!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Paloma Picasso Mon Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.