Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women

Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women
dislike

I have it: 989 I had it: 854 I want it: 250 My signature: 34

Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso for women Pictures

The perfume created by Paloma Picasso - the daughter of the famoud painter. This a fragrant self-portrait. Her maternal grandfather was a perfumer, so, as a child, she was familiar with combining smells, creating scents. Her artistic talent is something she inherited from her father, therefore she was very successful in her work as a jewelry designer for Yves Saint Laurent and Tiffany & Co. Her favorite perfume is Chanel Nº 5, so she wanted to create a perfume with an aldehydic accord. Red is her favorite color and black is a symbol of power. This perfume is an elegant floral chypre with a medditerenian temperament, but because the perfume was very complex it was very hard to market it. She was afraid that her associates would change the formula, but luckily, this didn’t happen. The fragrance opens with a fresh and spicy note of coriander, angelica and carnation. Aldehydes are in harmony with ylang ylang, jasmine and hyacinth. Woody notes of oakmoss, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver,tobacco blend with orginal animal note (castoreum, civet and musk). Paloma Picasso was launched in 1984.

Carnation Neroli Angelica Coriander Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Rose

Maroc

Paloma Picasso Fragrance Reviews

Lalionne
Lalionne

When my memories serve me right, in the early days, there existed only an EdP or parfum of this scent. I used to have the EdP. I loved it, but I thought it was a bit too 'present' for my age.
When it appeared as an EdT I bought a bottle right away, hoping it would be just a little bit lighter than the EdP and therefore right for me.
But the EdT seemed to be a different scent altogether. It stayed harsh and sharp and rather unpleasant, not like the 'original', that developed into a really soft and very pleasant, though strong, scent.
After reading some of the comments, I wonder whether I might have bought it after the reformulation. Or is there still a significant difference between the EdP and the EdT?

Cecian
Cecian

Paloma Picasso is my all time favourite perfume. It is the one I always go back to after trying something new! Do not wear this perfume if you do not want to be noticed, it enters a room with a sophisticated and intriguing jolt, I am always noticed when I wear it! I think it is a magical Elixer of the soul, thank you Ms Picasso, this ones a gem!

chrisndema
chrisndema

I've heard about this beauty and sampled it today at the local drugstore. And i love this scent, strong, bold for a confident women. I love these mossy, green aromatic chypre fragrances that have so much depth and character. I went into a perfume store yesterday and as i picked up Tabu by Dana the lady at the store said to me "That one is not for you". She was like "You need something young and sexy to attract the gentleman". I just smiled. I'm 35 and tho i like sweet fragrances these kind of vintage fumes i find more intriguing. I consider myself a women of mystery and like a scent that captures that.
This fragrance goes on my WANT list.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Paloma Picasso is a quite respectable modern chypre, perhaps a tad tacky at the opening, but good and compelling enough. It shows a soft and mellow feel of sweetness which makes it somehow more lively, cozy, relaxed and juvenile than other dirtier, more austere or more "adult" chypres, together with an overall green-floral breeze (heliotrope too?) which cleverly contrast the classic chypre notes - "heavy" flowers, vetiver, oak moss, tamed-down castoreum (I don't get much civet). These are basically the strengths of this scent – the balsamic-fresh and slightly minty breeze, and a silky-sweet feel halfway floral and resinous, really pleasant and warm. Both features manage to blend with the classic chypre structure, at the same time contrasting it, and that is what makes Paloma Picasso appealing and "safe" for any fan of chypres, yet quite unique, and as I said, overall brighter and more playful. Somehow, it smells like a "watercolour chypre", if you want, yet vibrant and sharp. Not a masterpiece and not even a "must" in my opinion, but a nice and well-executed fun variation on a classic theme.

Beezle
Beezle

I'm saying good bye to Paloma because a discussion of bad blind buys led me to mention this one. The other party says she likes it so off it goes. I read those notes on my phone as I stood in the discount store and went wow! gotta have it. When I got it home I was so very disappointed. I hadn't tried it a second time and she lived in a box for two months or so. So this other party wants it and I am happy to send it but being slightly more experienced I had to spray one more time to try to figure out why I was disappointed. One spray and it's love! This gem is the flashback to my good old days but its better than I was as a young awkward woman. Paloma sings a sweet tune and feels wonderful. It's truly amazing that a change of mood, heart, health or whatever can bring about such a different perspective on a scent. I would wear it out to work or in a social situation but not at home as it projects a bit because it deserves to be shared. If you like this type of scent give it the chance it deserves.

Kathtin
Kathtin

This is a lovely fragrance for those of us ladies who can't wear or don't prefer flowery sweet scents. Like so many other perfumes, side by side it's just not as good as it's vintage self. But it's still very nice. The scent is a heavy moss, smoky wood, minty greens, suede, and citrus, with just a touch of powdery soft floral notes. It's a deep warm evening scent perfect for fall and winter.

diamondkite
diamondkite

This perfume is EVERYTHING.

Firstly, it was my mama's signature in the 80s and it reminds me of her, and that era.

It is just beautiful - so beautiful that it may even become MY signature. Earthy, woodsy, textured and what I call 'chypre clean' - the kind of clean you feel when lying on a forest floor rather than being in a sanitised domestic or urban interior. I'd also call it a very classy, very lovely, very 'human' fragrance.

The Bottega Veneta/Veneta Eau Legere perfumes fall somewhere in the same genre as Paloma Picasso, but Paloma is the Queen. Bow down bitches.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

I have reviewed this before (I think) but i wanted to mention something. There is a comparison to this and animale and I can definitely see a resemblance however, side by side they are they're own scents Animale is more of a rose based (kind of reminds me of blueberry muffins, and Paloma Picasso is more woody and less green. Also paloma picasso has an addictive sticky sweetness similar to pineapple but its very subtle.

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

I really want to say something nice about this fragrance as I rather hate trashing someone's work, especially when others say such lovely things.
Sadly that would just be a outright lie if I did.
Once upon a time I received a giant synthetic fluffy blanket as a wedding present. It was very warm but smelled rather plasticky  and synthetic. This perfume smells just like it. I get very little of anything else whatsoever. This is one of the very few out of my collection that I actually gave away free as I disliked it so much! Perhaps it's down to chemistry but....

framorena
framorena

It reminds me my favourite perfume, Eau De Soir: a bit sweeter I find. I love soooo much. It's real, in '80s they did perfumes better.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Super skanky version of a love child of Animale and Diva - I get lots of bergamot, leather and rose - however Animalic doesn't even begin to describe this one on my skin - it's like a rodent/feline mating call - the castoreum or the civet overshadows all other notes and takes over on my skin and I can't imagine being around others or out in the general public with this on.

Ladymom59
Ladymom59

Who said that the taste of the girls can rule the world? First, they have to learn from their mothers and the most beloved women in their lives before building a vision of what a true fragrance is, and a good way to learn is to appreciate the classics and respect them. As an architecture student should learn about the Greek orders, so a young woman should be able to recognize the quality of a perfume. Those are the classics, such concoctions became madly addicted to our grandmothers, to seduce and enchant or simply enjoy them for themselves. They endured the proof of Time and Markets ... And this fragrance is a classic, without doubt, as are the Hall of Famers Chanel No5 and Joy, just to mention some of the all time masterpieces.
Honestly I was afraid to wear this gem; I'm not shy, but I do not like to be under the spotlight either, so I was cautious about it, until yesterday, when I bought it at Costco after I realized how low the price was ... At the time of the 1st spray, without prelude, I was sensing that wonderful smell, way better than my expectations, just because it's magic in a bottle, the kind of magic that can lift the spirit and self-esteem, that can tell everyone there's a woman with the power to create, the ability to forgive and with enough strength to travel successfully through the difficulties, time and memories ..

ada.cotoi
ada.cotoi

This perfume has a lot to do with a classy and chic attitude!
It is a scent full of spices and woods, but with a sweet twist, maybe given by the sandalwood.
If you`re looking for an autumn/winter scent, a bit heavy and heady I`d say..there you go!
It isn`t a skin scent and the logevity is just perfect!

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

Paloma Picasso is one of the greatest perfumes of all time. There really are very few fragrances even similar, and they include Diva, Animale, and the first La Perla perfumes. Paloma surpasses all of them in richness of the floral heart, the perfectly balanced spiciness, the absence of cloying sweetness, and in the earthy, harmonious, sexy and sophisticated drydown. Even though I have had a love affair with it since 1984, it has so much character that at times I have admired a perfume worn by someone else, only to discover that the fragrance was Paloma. Obviously it accommodates itself to different skin. Any mood I am in, Paloma will provide just the right scent and lift for the occasion. I hope that I never have to live without it.

kathy_g
kathy_g

My must have..when i was just 17 y.o. in the middle of 80s. Silage was insanely loooong...one spray stayed forever! I worked extra hours beside study for purchase my next bottle.
Tried to revive my feelings a couple of years ago and bought a mini. Still smells great but currently is very out of my style and too mature for me (lol...i'm in my 40s now). Maybe nice starry and breezy night on the beach will bring back Paloma's magic.

FiaM
FiaM

I have a vintage bottle from 1987. I couldn't bear to finish all of it, so it sat in a dark cabinet for over 27 years! A low partial bottle with plenty of oxidation, I was worried....but....(spray).....IT'S GORGEOUS!

A2saB
A2saB

This was a gift from my inlaw and I honestly didn't like it. I have a mature/expensive taste on perfume but for some reason this smelled too mature and overwhelming on my skin and I couldnt wait to take a shower after I tried this perfume. It is definitely not my cup of tea.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Im not sure exactly how I feel about this. I dont usually like such woody, earthy scents but this one appeals to me more than most in this genre.
I think on the right person this could be amazing(like Paloma herself! )but I fear it would overwhelm little old me. I do like to spritz it on paper and carry it around sometimes but I haven't been able to pull it off wearing it out yet.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

My chemistry teacher used it - or so it would seem. Now, over 20 years later, I find this scent equally fascinating and mesmerizing. I love using it every now and then (EDT - the golden one) but I noticed that one too many spritz may kill you as it killed me the other cool and rainy summer day. After 2nd or 3rd application something really disturbing and sickening came to my nostrills. Was it castoreum which I had never felt during the past 10 years of my occasional using this perfume? Whatever it was, I take it as an educational experience showing me that a good perfume will surprise you when you least expect it. Or maybe Paloma Picasso just played a joke on me?...

kl99
kl99

I've always found a light light scent trail of Paloma Picasso in every cat.

I'm not joking. must be the civet accord. but seriously when I smell my cats behind the ears on the neck the head, the muzzle of kittens, I can feel a trace very slight of Paloma Picasso.

that is obviously a great compliment in seduction I offer to this Marvellous Ingenious and super imitated fragrance.
No similarities at all with Diva.

boruvka44
boruvka44

EDP
The opening is smell of a beast, corrida.
The drydown is my dream scent - natural brown leather, strong woody oakmoss, velvety civet, tobacco (probably coumarin).
Not sweet, not powdery, ultra feminine. Or just ultra good.
Not pretending, not showing off, just being full-grown and lively.

It smells like summer Madrid, that i love - street markets smelling with leather goods, sun burning on pines with a bunch of cones fallen on warm sand underneath.

Also - one of the best reformulations, superb. It smells more woody fresh and leathery, but still natural and high quality.
Not similar to Diva either La Perla. They all contain strong oakmoss, but thats all.

gfp
gfp

one of the best! last week found hidden in my closet a set of miniatures (the kind you can buy in flights). i remembered i got the set , more than 15 years ago, from my beloved aunt and uncle (may they rest in peace). it brought me good memories from a long by gone period in my younger life. and there was p.p .almost a full mini bottle. i guess i did not use it those years before, because i was not ready for it. i put a drop on each wrist and the magic began. it is not a perfume for youngsters. in fact i think it is suitable for nights and also for everyday use (with the right amount)for ladies over 40. a scent of prestige and wisdom along with being sexy and appealing. my 13 years old daughter whom i let her sniff my wrist fell of her feet with delight. so i gladly understood it is not considerd an old scent even for young noses, that are used to anothr style of pefumery. if you like knowing, eau de soir, diva ,magie noire... then this one is for you. no doubt about it. i am going to buy a full bottle .hope the nowadays version will not let me down.

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

Few drops on the back of my hand and it went boom! A very strong and complex fragrance, then it dried to something more like an old box of humid wood filled with lemons and some 70% cocoa chocolate left over. Thought I would like it, but no thanks. Smells old. Not a timeless fragrance.

Edee
Edee

What does it matter if the formula has changed or not. You either like it or you don't. And for those of us who like her, we are in awe of her. Period!

Alex1984
Alex1984

@Anne1975
I'm sorry to disagree with you, but Paloma Picasso, along with 99% of perfumes currently available has changed. It's inevitable simply because many ingredients become banned or unavailable but mostly to cheapen formulas. I agree that some memories, with time can become blurred. It's a little harder to ignore the power of sense, but no one can deny the fact of reformulation when even some perfumers are starting to talk about it in public. Some perfumes have a better fate, in my opinion Guerlain and Chanel take great care to maintain the integrity of their reformulations, and should Paloma Picasso belong to one of these brands it would still smell great. For someone trying it for the first time? It would smell good, but for someone who knew it 20 years ago, the differences show. And L'Oréal who is the parent company is absolutely one of the worse to do a reform, as their cheapening of formulas is so indiscreet and profit oriented that they simply butcher beyond recognition everything they touch. Sorry you feel this way, but that's the way it is.

Anne1975
Anne1975

Gossip, gossip and hearsay.
This perfume has NOT changed over the years. Your skin may change and your perception of smell changes. Memory, especially of details of a smell over twenty years, is unreliable.
This is still a very special perfume. I still wear it. And it is simply the same as twenty years back.

Yohji
Yohji

OMG I wish all my blind swaps would turn like that! I Am writing about a Perfume version. Wanted to buy for ages but never did, reviews somewhat made me beleive its too strong/big/complicated/arrogant even maybe type of fragrance
On me its..a heaven of intriguing classical fragrance development, from spicy-animalic first accords to incredibly refind soft of rich lipsticky heart (that I particularly adore with that breeze from scottish winds around) and dry herbal base of patchouli/moss/angelica.
You cant deny its sexual but its the most intelligent female sexuality, I Am glad that on me Paloma is warm and soft as used to hear from people now and again that she is "bossy", "snobby", "bitchy" even.. Gosh NO))
Paloma is Vanessa Redgrave type of woman - aristocratic, graceful, but even her perfect manners can not hide her big heart. Stunning, stunning Paloma.

mystica

I am in such disbelief to what they did to this once glorious fragrance, Paloma Picasso, with the reformulation.

It's almost unrecognizable. Very harsh and artifical... Maybe even worse than Opium's reformulation, and on the same line with Calvin Klein's Obsession which now -with all due to respect- smells like rotten eggs.

I guess the ban -or rather cruel limiting- on the use of oak moss is responsible for that misery.

I testify with all my being that there is nothing which possibly can replace the real oak moss.

R.I.P. Paloma, I will never forget you.

megrim
megrim

Warm, dry, animalic, slightly spicy and delightfully woody. As a man I feel perfectly confidant wearing Paloma Picasso. It is in no way girly or even especially feminine. An odd, unisex scent that I find difficult to catagorise. Certainly unique, there's not much out there similar, especially within the mainstream.

I adore this fragrance - on others. On blotting paper, or indeed my boyfriend, it's surprisingly linear, warm, dry and fantastically spicy. On my skin it quickly turns into a powder bomb. Not inherently unpleasant, but I simply don't love powdery scents, doubly annoying when my skin has a tendency to turn everything powdery.

Longevity is excellent and sillage is bloody monsterous. Think 80's power-dressing sillage. Use a light touch.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I fall in love with this perfume each and every time I wear it.

I've recently been trying to experiment with some of the great classics, since my collection has become a bit saturated with florals. This, combined with some readings of Luca Turin, turned me on to the beauty of oak moss.

I started with Mitsouko, duh. And I added oak moss to my arsenal of oils for making custom perfumes.

But Paloma was a fragrance that I simply had to experience. I would see giant bottles of it at Tj Maxx for incredible prices, but I was never courageous enough to try it on after reading the notes. Oakmoss, castoreum, and patchouli… It could have been ugly, especially considering I work in food service on a college campus.

I never would have expected to be as fresh and soft as it is. The opening is a huge, harmonious chorus to my nose. I get a natural, dark patchouli.. a rich, dusty accord from the castoreum.. a sharp woodiness from the oak moss.. and the floral tinge is simply exquisite, since this perfume is grounded on very sumptuous flowers like carnation and hyacinth.

My minute experience with oak moss led me to believe that every oakmoss-centric perfume would have that resinous quality of Mitsouko, but I was very wrong.

It's not every day that you experience a fragrance with classic, rich notes that settles down into such a soft, fresh lovable scent. It's the sort of fragrance that I can wear to work, class, church, a funeral, or a wedding..and still leave a lasting impression without suffocating those around me.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

One of my all time favorite perfumes. I walked in clouds of it in the '80's! A very powerful, sensuous, addictive fragrance. Recently I bought a new bottle for my mother who also loves the scent. She made a comment about not smelling it, and I checked. The new bottle does not have the power and majesty of my '80's true love. It actually is such a pale version it isn't the same perfume in my mind. I don't know if they changed some of the ingredients, but this new bottle is not the Paloma Picasso known as of one of the most gorgeous scents ever made. I still have a bit of the vintage, applied it, and walked in clouds of glory again. If you want to try the real Paloma, get one of the vintage mini's available pretty easily and you will fall in love with it too!

Jennypennypocket
Jennypennypocket

EH...Hmmm....mmmm.....uuuuuaaaaaammmmm. YUM

This is lovely, but like many scents, one needs to give it a few tries.

The dry down to me smells like:
A New Car in the morning, just hours after two guys, wearing POLO, and another guy, wearing DRAKAR NOIR, sat.

I like this subtle scent that starts out scratchy and sharp like pepper or evergreen. It's different and definitely a keeper.

So you know what my tastes are,

I DO NOT LIKE
Clinique Happy, Juicy Couture, or CC Eternity.

I REALLY LIKE
Chanel No 5
Tea Rose

ginadantas
ginadantas

It is a classic. I respect all classic fragrances, but this one is not for me. Once I had a miniature of it, I pass it on.

Effluves
Effluves

Mmmh...What can I say ? Paloma Picasso and I have been best friends for a long,long time. I've been wearing it since the early 90's. It beacame my signature scent for fall winter evenings. I love the animalic, sensuous dry down of Paloma. And the elegance and sophistication is absolutely beautiful.

It's absolutely not a girly, pinky, sweety scent. It's the sexy smell of sophistication and emancipation. It's a complicated,disconcerning, women's fragrance.

Oh! And men absolutely adore it !

ladypenelope
ladypenelope

So glad to see people liking this as its my life long best love. To love this is to be eloquent and mature lady . I all ways have a bottle on hand .

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

i have paloma picasso and diva from ungaro on both hands and i am trying to compare which is the one that is better ,on me at least not generaly. I find that paloma picasso has a more masculine note but is more comforting like a warm hug and diva (as the name has it obviously) is a harsh snob that is trying to reject you and push you away. These perfumes are similar and powerful but the message i get is opposite. this will be tricky :) I think though paloma is more close to me, a diva with a good heart hahah

malawakim
malawakim

I can imagine that PP is strong and loud on many people. On me, however, it is more or less my skin scent but amplified and much refined: with some summerwarm flowers thrown in.
If your skin is a civet-eater, like mine, then don't be afraid to try it on! It might just transform into the warmest casual brown woolen cardigan around..

Amber147
Amber147

This was my signature scent when I was a junior/senior in high school. I always got compliments on it, and it was a surprise juxtaposition to my fair features.

Bluehonda
Bluehonda

Just received a mini of this yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. My bottle is splash not spray so I dabbed some on my wrist and waited but nothing much happened. Thought that maybe it just wasn't going to blossom on my skin. This morning I decided to try it again with a more generous application and now I am in love. I think this is probably the most overtly feminine fragrance in my collection, in a mature and confident not girly kind of way. 15 minutes after application I am smelling hyacinth most prominently with carnation, muguet, and damp earth. It smells like sitting in a fragrant garden on a warm day a few hours after a rain. Delightful. I have nothing else like it. Chypres tend to agree with me so I will definitely be looking to add a full bottle of this to my collection when I have a vacancy. Advise getting a sample or mini first since this fragrance has a strong personality and may not suit everyone.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

Very exquisite, feminine, passionate fragrance indeed. I had the chance to try it but haven't purchased it, yet. Still waiting for a great discount on my favourite cosmetic shop.

SamTheRiddler
SamTheRiddler

Paloma Picasso's self titled fragrance is very strong warm, woody and animalic on me. There's something in here that I really, really love, I think it's realted to the the oakmoss/sandalwood/patchouli combination. It lasts a very long time, and after a little more then 12 hours, I am left with a lovely light musk-y fragrance. I just wish the bottle was less tacky/plasticy!

Quite a masculine fragrance, in my opinion, it would definitely smell good on a man too.

I can't decide if this perfume is a druidic/Tolkien-esque forest-person, or something completely opposite and totally cosmopolitan. Either way, it is ultra classy.

Catty

This is for Edt, which was my wedding scent and my signature scent for 20 years.

Another day, I was searching for a lovely floral again and then when I smelled it, this sophisticated floral smell came to me with all the good memories that it reminds me of.

PP edp is a masterpiece for sure, but too strong for hot days or to be carried out on daily time. If you want something with the same DNA, but more wearable just give the edt a try...it´s heaven.

I loooveee this scent!!! it´s still one of my beloved ...very Lady like and feminine.

HB-C
HB-C

I adore this! I was in the shop smelling a number of different perfumes thinking they all smelled much the same and then I found this! I love wearing it on cold days because it's like a big cosy jumper of a fragrance.

Robo
Robo

I used to wear this when I was a teenager. Someone must have given it to me, because I can't imagine that I would have bought it for myself. I remember wearing it and sometimes thinking that I smelled slightly of cat pee....but I wore it anyway. Now I have fond memories of this scent, but it sounds like they reformulated it, so I feel as if there would be no point and I would be disappointed.

SabraHardy
SabraHardy

Surefire winner each and every time. never disappointing, leaves you wanting it more. all the time every day. it's a signature fragrance that is established like Louis Comfort Tiffany and Paloma's jewelry and her former Love Pablo super elite. Having it is like being part of an upper crust manner born.

Arina.K
Arina.K

All fragrances are reformulated over the years, including this one. Some people complain that they don't like it anymore, but I think this perfume is still very good! Very long lasting, timeless, chic, just beautiful!

Roselorien
Roselorien

Her perfume smells like burning leaves
Every day is Hallow's Eve

It's such a tragic shame that the latest smells fairly different from what it once did; leaving only a trace of what it used to be.

If Halloween and Valentine's day was one holiday, this is what it would smell like. Danger, love, sex, mystery, blood, and addiction. Fear and love.

I first smelled Paloma Picasso in the summer of 1994 on a postal worker, and was instantly obsessed. I was pretty young then but came up with the cash to buy a bottle, after which point I kept myself drenched for the rest of the year. One of my top 5 faves.

xtc_gall
xtc_gall

I received this as a gift ,but i dislike it as i prefer sweet,fruity scents. It's definitely not playful ,but rather strong and for the older generation. My mom loves it . It's extremely long-lasting and evident when you step into a room of people or leave it. If you like strong scents like Chanel Nr.5 or Chanel Noir or Agent Provocateur Petale Noir, you'll probably love this one too :) xox

pipergirl
pipergirl

This is very, very woody. I think that I smell some carnation in there somewhere, maybe a hint of something spicy. But mostly what I get is woodiness. It's not a bad smell but I wouldn't call it a pretty smell either. I have a small sample and, honestly, I doubt that I'll use it up. Some of the other positive reviews below make me wonder if my sample is a bit stale perhaps?

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

If you want to get a good idea what this fragrance is like, look no further than Paloma herself.

This fragrance is an ACQUIRED taste. It is an unconventional beauty made remarkable with earthy complexities and with enough spice to bring color to your cheeks. It is for the assertive, confident, sophisticated lady who is also well aware of how to entice without needing to feign vulnerability. That would be too cliché.

It is for a unique woman of presence, the wear-fine-lace-lingerie-and-garters-underneath-that-Armani-suit kind, the lioness that typically minds her own until something picques her interest to pursue. And once she has her eyes set upon something, it is highly likely she will obtain it.

Of perfume personalities, I would say this one isn't a romantic dreamer...but, more of a realist that uses logical thinking and earthly wisdom to create realities. "Paloma" means dove in the spanish language, but it can only soar upon the right body chemistry.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

Bought this fragrance recently. Tried it for the first time today. What a wonderful smell. Not girlie sweet. My husband loves it, in fact it is one of the fragrances he has commented on the most, as he did about Estee Lauder Pleasures. He describes this as outstanding. So I am using this bottle for special occasions. Would not want to run out. Definitely smell the carnation and the wood It is elegant.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

[Decembr 8th, 2013]

Paloma Picasso is one of the most - if not the most - powerful and chic perfumes I know and wear. It is the essence and soul of that glamourous woman dressed in haut couture, wearing expensive diva-like makeup, driving everyone's attention without making the least effort, for she IS; she does not pretend to be.

Its strong animalic notes, very well balanced with the florals, are the quintessence of elegance and self-confident personality.

I have no better words to discribe it. If I would or could, I would be giving Paloma Picasso unfair limits.

Paloma Picasso, in my humble oppinion, is also friends with some men. Elegant, refined, diferente men. The type of man who would be around that great woman. And ladies wearing this precious gem have all my respect and admiration.

Enjoy.

picasso_x
picasso_x

This one is my favorite. It's deep dark,flower and green scent.It's more elegant,strong,sexy and classy.It's not for cute,young or sporty. Very long lasting and long sillage. Man can wear if you want something is different from daily perfume.

I must have been feeling brave today, because I decided to don another powerhouse this evening (okay, it's true: I have a bath on the horizon). For some reason I have been avoiding Paloma Picasso. I believe that I may have tried this perfume in the deep, dark past, and it got filed away in my mind next door to the first Nicole Miller perfume, which I swore I would never wear again. The last time I did, I had to modify my bathing schedule to avoid sleeping in that scent.

Born in 1984, Paloma Picasso, the perfume, is another big bold honeyed floral and perhaps the quintessential 1980s floral, given the notable presence of a couple of our formerly furry friends (now they are mimicked synthetically): civet and castoreum--or perhaps I should say the excretions of a couple of our formerly furry friends? (Musk is here, too, by the way...) Anyway, you get the picture: this is a super loud composition, which wears the wearer rather than vice versa and has big-time headache potential. Needless to say, not a safe choice for public transportation or the library, unless of course it is your intention to make persons in your presence snicker under their breath. It might also induce asthma attacks (whether genuine or feigned) in any sensitive persons who happen to be in the vicinity.

Perhaps I'm a perfume prude, but I prefer Valentino's far-less animalic honeyed floral (Vendetta, which by comparison seems more like a Benediction) to Paloma Picasso's über-animalic honeyed floral, although this is certainly a hundred times more wearable than the original Nicole Miller. I am rather unclear as to why people call Paloma Picasso a floral chypre and compare it to such creations as La Perla La Perla. To me, the oakmoss and patchouli are rather light--or perhaps simply overpowered by the animalic condiments and the parade of flowers? They do come through more eventually, in the far drydown, but it takes quite some time to get there, and to do so one must first survive the opening. I suspect that this composition may be similar to one or more of the Elizabeth Taylor perfumes, but I've yet to muster up the courage to try the "Diamonds &" series. I am always tempted to buy those bottles (which cost about has a much a niche sample) but have not done so yet...

Loud! Loud! Loud! Wear this when you are eighty years old, along with a huge black hat and a clingy purple doubleknit dress. You might want to have some cats ready at hand as well. Probably a good choice for Dora Maar--at least as portrayed by Paloma's dad.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

OMG, OMG, OMG ! I just tried the reformulation. I had not smelled PP for years and back then I had the original version. This is ludicrous ! Reformulation = abomination. Only after a couple of hours I spied in the drydown just a hint of the vintage PP. What a pity, what a waste ...

Second test:

I must say, Paloma's dry-down is quite a beauty. It's really just amazing, on two levels:

The first level, the olfactory "cloud", is a dark, powdery, flowery sweetness, a sort of velvety veil. The smell is pleasant and seductive, yet comforting.

The second level, at the skin, is really where the complexity of Paloma can be experienced fully. Bringing my nose close to the skin and inhaling deeply immerses me in a dark, dry (yet sweet), powdery, musky, smoky, mildly herbal aroma with hints of green and leather. The notes are at once discernible individually and expertly blended into one, seamless composition. I can very much see why others have stated they class Paloma Picasso as a masterpiece.

I'm still struggling a bit with the opening for public wear, as the aldehydes are initially quite bitter, and animalic notes alternate with the florals for center stage at least 2 or 3 times before the fragrance develops and blends. The journey is actually intriguing and very satisfying, but when I wear a perfume out I tend to like it to present a cohesive scent profile. I feel that Paloma may be a distraction in most settings for this reason, but sprayed in advance of attendance I would absolutely wear this to an evening occasion.

Looking forward to further exploration with this, and thoroughly convinced now that this buy was indeed worth it.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

Just for nostalgia's sake, I'm happy to see the black bottles which seemed so sophisticated to a young me. Also, it's great to see the ad photos again. I really wanted to be Paloma Picasso, instead of a fair beach blonde child of the Eighties. Alas.

See my list if there is anyone who does not want their Paloma Picasso! :D

lyciumchld

I picked up a gift set of this today for $35 at Marshall's, based on the reviews here. Aldehydes are not usually my cup of tea; even No. 5, though gorgeous, isn't something I normally wear (though I do keep a sample and spray it every once in a while). That said, my first test of Paloma is quite the experience.

As others have mentioned, it starts out very sharp (almost screechy), but mellows fairly quickly. The opening and mid stages are quite fascinating, as smokier, more animalic notes compete with brighter, soapy florals for center stage. Somewhere along the line, a deep, powdery, leathery, floral scent emerges. It's quite nice. There's something mysterious and regal about it. The dry-down is leathery, powdery, animalic, dark, and seductive.

I love a variety of scents, but tend to go for heavier ones most often (Coco, Opium, Midnight Poison, Narcisso for Her EDT, Midnight in Paris). Most of the time, however, even the stronger scents I like are sweeter (I've also got a penchant for Jimmy Choo, if that tells you anything).

Paloma is much drier, but so far I'm liking it. She's quite strong as well, definitely the kind of class I like. Despite my penchant for the heavier scents, though, I'm not sure just yet if Paloma is a perfume I would be able to wear. I suspect she might wear me!

When I got home (I sprayed it in the car - I'm like a kid and can never wait until I get it home!), I asked my Mom to have a whiff. She instantly fell in love.

I'd say for the price, even if aldehydes aren't normally your thing, Paloma is definitely worth a try. It's a composition that needs to be experienced.

bren400
bren400

This was my signature scent back in '92 when I was only 12 years young. My older sisters wore the HECK out of my bottle-but then again, they wore ALL of my fragrances, I didn't mind. They weren't into fragrances like I was and didn't have a collection. Paloma Picasso smelled great to me then. Don't remember what it smelled like but I bet that my picky lil nose can't wear it again:-(

lannyM
lannyM

I miss this perfume. difficult to find it again in my town

shevon.madden
shevon.madden

This is one of my absolute favorites, as long as I am not the one wearing it. On my best friend, this smells absolutely fabulous, intriquing, alluring... on me, it instantly transforms into "old lady perfume." Perhaps it is just my personal chemistry... I have another friend who wears Coty's Aspen for Men & it smells great on her, yet on me, not so much. :-/

rockegg
rockegg

This is a painting with many colors. Even after going through most of a bottle I still find myself being surprised by little hints of something new in it that I hadn't noticed before. I really can't say that about anything else I've ever worn. You have to live with it to let it truly reveal itself in all its complexity. I put it in the masterpiece category.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

In theory, I love this perfume. The notes as listed are ingriguing and I love chypre perfumes. But on my skin, this smells exactly like the horses lined up by Central Park in NYC. Animalic, indeed.

tzeal

left arm - coco chanel edp. purchased today.
right arm- paloma picasso edp.
ok so first of all i own both these perfumes, i love them both.
when i hear that i own two perfumes that many have said smell the same i couldnt help myself but test side by side.
ok coco is like a gingerbreadhouse, sweet and like a hot mug in a cold hand. i already love this, i do not consider this a sister of paloma. they have very different feelings.
paloma is very mossy, i wore this to a ghost tour. i thought to myself what says ghost tour. well the tour was in a castle and it was damp. i couldnt think of anything else better that i could have worn that day. it does not smell sweet. paloma next to coco brings out the bad/pee/sour/sweat smell until after about 15 min this went away and it smelled much sweeter. a floral sweet perhaps.its not totally dark atleast. i actually love both these perfumes. totally irreplacable

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Very, Very similar to Chanel Antaeus, and I prefer this one even for a man...Great, great scent!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Just got this edt as part of a mini set yesterday, I did not expect to like it as I dont go for aldehydes, chyphres, or anything green.. I'm a oriental floral, oriental vanilla, most any oriental type usually.

The first hour or so was really hard for me to get thru but then surprise!! it was like a woody oriental, warm sandlewood amber musky.. LOVE this phase but it will depend on how long it lasts to determine if its worth going thru torture to get to it.

tourmali45
tourmali45

I can easily see how a man can totally pull it off. I think my beloved grandfather smelled like that or similar when I was a child - testing Paloma on me for the first time in my life, I suddenly remembered that I encountered the scent before! I like it on me too, but the emotional anchor forever ties Paloma to the smell of my granddad. He is still looking grand, but when he was younger, he was just fabulous.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

I haven't still grown out of Paloma, istopped wearing itwhen a girltold me at school i smelled bad 4 years ago.I still have ha few drops left, and ionly use it for special occations.It's notaeww for me, but it's not my cup of tea.It's very strong and daring, it's for a confident, fierce woman, not for your girl-next-door.I think i'm not mature enough for this.

markus.wiberg@gmail.com
markus.wiberg@gmail.com

Like it a lot, reminds me of Armani City Glam Wonan, thoug Paloma came first.

tzeal

i feel like a bad ass when i wear this. i feel like nothing can stop me and if someone were to try they would be able to smell how serious i was. i dont feel like satin gloves more as i feel like blood stained gloves. it seriously isnt for a girl in a sun dress hoping to find her prince charming, it is for woman more secure in themselves then they should be.

nananessa
nananessa

Paloma was so successful in delivering what this gorgeous, stunning woman with such photographic angular features, all the stunningly dark-eyed & dark haired, (dare to look at a breathtaking pix of her Mom?) which secretly housed it's own unique version of gifted creativity--- we are so fortunate to experience in our generation.

This is an 80s masterpiece available at a pittance. Check even your local drug store. My local RiteAid has it at $45.99 but I lucked up on a lone bottle edp for $29.99 at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago.

This is as truly an available expansion of your olfactory horizons as possible of the most two classic fragrances of their genre available at your local drugstore. Amazing. A somewhat weakened & toned down classic impression of Coty's Chrypre (um fortunate to have a bottle of the vintage version); very French in intentions but a much "softened" version combined with the outstanding aldehydic-floral accords of her favorite aldehydic-floral of #5. I recommend this easily available "cheap" (Tania Sanchez in the guide certainly gave her opinion but also gave PP 4 Stars in its category of floral chypres.) In my opinion, it is too strong on the #5 aldehydic accords, which make it so very bright yet a nasal/allergic reaction to aldehydes guaranteed. I have this with #5, Rive Gauche & others strongly of aldehydic accords. I can't spray this one or any other above my head of those built of aldehydic accords without a violent allergic reaction. This seems to occur only when I spray aldehydes above my head where I inhale the mist drops. My nose gets athletic to the point I will lose what I ventured this known reaction for making it a waste. So I spray an abundance on my wrist & dab it on.

This is a true masterpiece so easily available & underrated. How I wish the younger generation would explore something else than the celeb-vanilla based fruit-candy cheap things marketed now-a-days based on their assumption that the young women of today are not individual enough to withstand "we're all the same" rhetoric from what their elders gave them--- and will settle for less than what their predecessors had & will accept it because that is what is being crammed down their throats as "en vogue" today. I am so sympathetic to the younger generation of today because I am now a grandmother, and I remember when fragances were truly something (you know that it's not right---than what you get from 5, only 5, do you hear me, 5, FIVE major companies that are manufacturing fragrances on the market today. Wonder why you all smell the same? Five. Dirty politics have stolen the goods from us even in our fragrances & now taking what has been generations handed down of woman's secrets shared most clandestine, has been brought out in the open with a modern day-counterfeit of what it once was. Such cheap imitations & don't label the great fragrances even in the same category as a "pink chypre." What the hell is a pink chypre?

Grab a bottle of this before more regulations & increased price/availability make it only a memory. This is Coty's Chypre diluted with the floral aldehydic accord of #5 only hidden in it's brightness as dreams of mediterreaean florals burst forth & meet the complexities of the most ultra---Chypre. If Guerlain had the genius to take Chypre & add peach to create the indomibable Mitsouko, THEN PALOMA HAD THE INSIGHT & GIFT TO ADD THE WONDERFUL ALDEHYDE ACCORD of #5 TO Coty's eternal genre-spawning Chypre, creating PP.

It is ultra strong in the beginning (speaking of today's version of the EDP, but it is a whisper of what it was in the 80s.) Except for a very few I would elevate in a likewise manner, in my estimation the 80s were the last decade of absolute freedom of creativity in fragrance composition. A few stand out since then but mark this---a few from the onslaught of nothing but "wish I had the culinary talents of my GMother." What will truly remain of her generation---well---go try to capture what she was made of. Look to her. You will be where she is now hopefully one day & hopefully the fragrance industry will learn to appreciate something which is a "PERFUME" CLASSIC & not try to cram down something in your olfactory senses & lie to you as you to grab the bait, hook, line, & sinker of fruitcandy nothings of today. Those frags are meant elsewhere when you serve an edible feast to not be revealed....but I think so very many have confused sexually edible adult scented lubricants with true fragrances. That is what is being pandered today. I know there are truly strong young women out there ready to explore the depths of their individual womanhood & not satisfied with memories of the days when women were confined to the kitchen & donned familiar garments stained with vanilla extract, fruit pie concoctions housed in rolling-pin, homemade pie crusts that I take so much pride in making myself. Yes, I am "old school" & PP is as good as it gets to combine both worlds of elegant chyres, that always house & build on a foundation of CONTRADICTIONS as all good music does. All great music has this quality & fragrances that are conveying complexities of ANY chypre-type quality should emit this accord. Paloma Picasso (esp the vintage) has accomplished this & all women that have never explored the Chypre genre but LOVE their #5 should open up their horizons & explore this wonderful, stunning, fabulous juice available at your local drugstore.

Yes, she is a strong, woman, very self-confident but never a bore. She is in control & takes control just by appearing. She has bold red lips which flush with plumpness & sexuality. Age limits are not required to wear this but be sure---if young, put on your best animal print with a hint of black & strong accented red & red lips, do your best imitation of todays Goddess Strong Vixen but so much more than just that. Full red lips are it, (PP signature. When you have strong coloring naturally, STRENGTH is conveyed. Even Adam's name means red in color is a given..) Red is energy--- full throttle at it's best whether sexually or otherwise. Sexual fire. This is PP. Not for girls seeking candy.

If you are a blonde then Sharon Stone in
"Basic Instinct" must have been wearing this-- yes she may be a blonde but she is STRONG, EMITS & CONTROLS. If you don't know what kind of woman sexuality power is, then please don't wear this. You're not woman enough.

This is a fragrance to grab up quickly & enjoy, mesmerize any one who may want to grasp your sillage. Remember, this is a fragrance that says "I am here, do you dare take me on? Are you smart enough to appreciate this hidden gem, housed in a work of art that even speaks that woman holds her essence, life, reproduction, because it is THAT GOOD!!!

Give the aldehydes time to dry & don't spray above the neck. Unless you know these brilliant aldehydes are worth holding your breath for.

None better in it's genre for the price... Grab it up & LEARN...!!!

JasonB
JasonB

One of my top five 'female' fragrances. I think it does smell
similar to the much more expensive but brilliant Sisley eau soir.
If mossy woods are a drug, im addicted !

rednut
rednut

Sharp yet powdery, bitter and certainly complex.Not for those of you looking for a subtle or skin scent. I usually dislike floral perfumes as I tend to wear quite 'big' perfumes such as alien, midnight poison, sensuous noir, obsession etc but this one makes the grade. I would say that it is for a woman rather than a girl, absolutely no fruity, sweet or candy smells here.Spicy, woody and strong - It's a little bit of an old fashioned scent but I love it.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

Oh the memories... my mother 1st had this perfume when i was very young. It is such an elegant, warm and intriguing perfume. I absolutely loved it on her =) I still remember this incident when i was about 4 years old and my mom had just purchased a gift set that contained a mini purse perfume...and that was the perfect size for my teddy bear....lol... as u can imagine my teddy bear loved the perfume so much that his tummy sucked up the entire bottle. My mother was delighted with the beautiful smell in the house till she realized what had happened. Ha ha ha! Needless to say...she never left mini perfumes in my reach again. I love this perfume - just not on me - i used it in my teens but it wasn't nearly as fitting on me as it was on her. Maybe in a decade or more i'll be able to wear it as well =)

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

absolutely gorgeous long-lasting elegant classical and unforgettable scent! I was always in love with it. It smells VERY elegant and expensive. It is evening scent. I always ve got a lot of compliments when i wore it. ADORE!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Paloma Picasso begins with a slightly sharpish note which I assumed was galbanum, but which may be the angelica and coriander listed. This is promptly succeeded by a bright, but not screechy, floral scent, which lingers. After another moment or so, an herbal layer is apparent, and then a mossy note. A touch of vetiver, perhaps some sandalwood appear in the base. At no point do I perceive a strong animalic scent; any civet, castoreum, or musk is very light on me. After a little while it mellows into a very pleasant, gently sensual fragrance which I like greatly, but which certainly isn't radiating outwards forcefully, despite very heavy application on moisturized skin. It grows in complexity as it dries down and settles into the skin, however; and if anything, I think it becomes more rather than less noticeable over time, at least for an hour or two. I feel that it is an intelligently blended perfume with a fine balance between the cerebral and the carnal, which I have found characteristic of chypres generally. I do really, really like this.

I'm quite certain that my bottle is a recent production, not a vintage one, so it may be suffering from the usual dampening effect of compliance with current formulation requirements. (So many beautiful perfumes have been gutted by this trend...) Also, this was the eau de toilette, not the parfum---I suspect that if I got my hands on the eau de parfum version of this, I might bump it up from 'like very much' to 'love'...current EdTs just don't last well enough on my skin to merit re-purchase. I believe in a stronger concentration (or older formulation) this could indeed be a wonderful perfume---more passionate and robust. If I'm lucky enough to snag a sample of the EdP I will edit this review...And that alone is telling, because obviously I like this enough to add it to the list of things I want to chase down in parfum and/or vintage form.

Sillage in this EdT is light to moderate, and duration similar. I can still find it some hours later, but it's very subtle then. Stays notably longer on clothing, but doesn't develop the lovely warmth and complexity that it does on skin. In terms of value for money, I give it very high marks---for very little cash, one gets a beautiful, sophisticated, and very wearable scent.

Edit, 6/13: a very generous perfume sampler from Lilybelle911 allowed me to compare the EdP of Paloma to my EdT...the EdP is definitely nicer all around, rounder, deeper, and more lasting. A beauty!

divasg

The other day, I was wearing Christian Lacroix Rouge and my mom said it brought her memories of Paloma Picasso... Does anyone else think the same?

samer007
samer007

this is one of those tough women marketed fragrances which works wonderfully on the right man:) strong, asservative, un-gender-specific. Wondeful chypre quality with a warm oriental counterpart; the oakmoss and patchouli pairs beautifully with the animalic notes to create the kind of scent i love, thats the opposite of the harmless insipid sugary sweet offerings nowadays.
4+ stars.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

This is a very lovely fragrance and on the right woman - can be really something! I have sampled this, and it is NOT a good mix with my body chemistry. On me, this quickly turns into a concoction that smells like bug spray. But I have smelled this on other women and it is truly lovely!

Try it, only your chemistry will be able to determine if you can wear this or not!

Danita Verpoort
Danita Verpoort

Paloma Picasso, coriander, leather, warm spices, then fresh green yet sweet flowers go into a deep dark forest with animalic notes.
A beautiful classic chypre perfume, I love it!

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

This site is really educating me and I'm so glad I've found it. My attitude to perfume has always been like or dislike or suits or doesn't suit my skin type.
Now I'm really paying attention to the composition of the scents I use. I have had Paloma Picasso for years, used it, liked it well enough, but was mainly hooked on Lancomes Tresor and Poeme. Yesterday I used Paloma Picasso and really paid attention to it and it really blew me away. Definitely powerful, animalic, I could detect the civet and the musk quite strongly, and decided I really loved it. It lasted from 9am to evening with no reapplication which I con sider a massive plus. The cleavage dab came wafting up and was very exciting. It is definitely dark, sexy, and seductive. This is actually quite a find for me, because if I had not paid this much attention to it, I would have finished the bottle and not replaced it. Now, I shall buy more AND thoroughly enjoy it. Thank you to all you clued in contributors to this site who haver opened my eyes to the complexities and special joys of perfume.

pinktoe
pinktoe

My relationship with Paloma is one of love and hate. I used to love it in the late 90s. I loved its elegance and power, I felt like a woman in charge, I meant business.... and then I got pregnant with my first son... I remember owning three very different scents at that time, Anais Anais and Eau de Eden, both by Cacharel and powerful Paloma. The minute I got pregnant I couldn't bear Eau de Eden... and never could ever again... till this day it makes me sick. Anais went unnoticed and I can still wear it today... But Paloma, that was MY scent, my pregnant scent!!! I wore it all through those months!!! I stopped when the baby was born because it was too strong for a baby to be around... and when I tried to wear it after a couple of years... it caused me the worst of headaches... I can't wear it now, it makes me sick..... it's so sad.... I miss my Paloma friendship :(

patxaran
patxaran

The story of my hate->love relationship with dear Paloma... very first time I noticed this perfume on someone was when I thought it was just "off, totally wrong". I was probably too young to understand that a woman doesn't have to smell of vanilla and fruit all the time. Well, fast forward a few years later with a bit more travel experience under my belt I was totally smitten. As soon as I actually tried it on my skin there was no way back. An inevitable forceful seductive chain reaction so to speak. I absolutely love the woody animalic atmosphere this scent surrounds me with. It works very well in a summer night (OK OK London summers... so not too hot that is)for me. From my experience today wearing it, I can see why some people struggle with the opening but love the drydown. Today I was a little shocked, not having worn Paloma Picasso for a while I thought oh dear my good old bottle has it gone off?!?! Luckily the sensation didnt last long and I tuned back into its familiar symphony of dangerous, bitter, warm muskiness. Yeah, this is one of my "bitchy" bad girl perfumes and I am glad to have it in my collection. It is a polarizing scent for sure, but let me tell you that IF a man likes this you will drive him crazy with this in no time ;-)

Alexandre
Alexandre

Perfume is a very intense, like red, the color signature of its creator Paloma Picasso! Always looked a perfume like this, when I first felt, I knew it was this would be one of my favorites ever! A warmth, that gives you confidence, power, you feel special! With notes well animalistic and strong chord with moss and a woody background very sensual ...A timeless classic that marked an era, is certainly one of the best creations of the 80´s, both the fragrance, the bottle design so mysterious as the golden elixir ... The current version is a shame EDT, has no longevity, I regretted having bought, was it reformulated? My vintage Edp continues as always, amazing piece of art... Red passionate...

When I think "powerhouse fragrance" I think Paloma Picasso. Growing up with Paloma Picasso made me love oakmoss, vetiver and animalic notes and shaped my adult fragrance persona.
Unfortunately I cannot wear Paloma Picasso because civet and coriander do not work well with my chemistry. Still, I love to swing by my local Ulta and douse a few test strips with it. I can still smell Paloma Picasso radiating from my book tote over a week later. It's fantastic.
To actually speak of the fragrance:
It opens very animalic. Prominent civet & angelica. It becomes more floral and actually rather powdery as it dries down. Final stage is a very dense heliotrope + patchouli with leathery accords from the castoreum.

dahliafleur
dahliafleur

I received a small bottle of this that I fittingly wore on Halloween night, there is something very dark, borderline almost evil about this scent. It clings and lingers wherever the wearer goes and I have to admire the power a perfume like this commands. This perfume never seems to fade out, amazing staying power on my skin at least! Very earthy and herbal, this perfume is for a powerful sourceress or evil queen in my opinion (if I am to let my imagination run away with me a little); dark and expensive, alluring and striking, the venus fly trap in a bottle.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

Minty: I wanted to write the same - I was too young when this perfume was launched; probably I would change my mind now. But all in all I can remember that I somehow liked the fragrance - for my mum.

MintyBobbins
MintyBobbins

I got this as a present many years ago. Still I don't know what they were thinking.. :S I was a teenager and this is a very, seductive, elegant perfume for a little girl.. My mom keeps it, and she loved it, maybe the bottle it's empty now, idk.. but It definitely it's not for me. Too much elegance for me. :I

ancelicah
ancelicah

I used to wear this back early '90s. Only when I wanted to look, and smell, my absolute best. And men loved this. Much more than any other. Very sexy

Nicole<3
Nicole<3

mystery dark trailing elegance ,with a hint of hoar

isenseincense
isenseincense

I still remember the day i first smelled this 25 years ago. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist, over and over again. Before I got on the train to go home I went back to the shop and covered all my clothes in it. I couldn't afford it being young and broke. Then I got a job and bought a bottle.
This was love the like of which I didn't have again for 15 years. Yes I played the field...a samsara here and a Fendi there but they meant nothing, not really, sure we had some good times but no repeat purchase.

Now all these years later I want to smell it again but i'm scared, what if I'm disappointed, what if it didn't deserve my love? Is it too brash and boastful like a bad ex boyfriend your friends always hated? Also, the packaging! I feel that I need shoulder pads and stilleto courts to purchase it...
Dilema...

I.I
I.I

If it wasn't for that oakmoss note, I would say I really love and appriciate this perfume. It 'speaks' to me in a way, it could be one of my 5 most favorite perfumes, this is why I decided to buy it, though I knew I might get problems with oakmoss (it turns my stomach when it's detectable in fragrances). Well, yes, I have to wash it off sometimes (oakmoss note remains and lasts for ever) but there are also times that I can't get enough of it.
It's a pure diva perfume, a very sophisticated perfume with character, elegant and almost ...regal.
Of course it's a very strong fragrance but unlike other oakmoss perfumes this one has a pleasant 'bitter' smell that gives it a more feminine twist, while oakmoss is not that harsh as in Knowing or Cabochard for example.
Suitable for the night, I think, and for mature women mostly, nice for a dinner, a professional talk, theatre or cinema night.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Wow. Paloma Picasso brings back memories. This was one of my staples in the late 80's . . . I remember it being spicy and strong (but not offensively so) I was in my early 20's and only wanted frags that, were out of the norm for my age bracket and made a bold, sexy and sophisticated statement! This, Samsara, Ysatis, Amarige and RL Safari all have a place in the stories of my youth!!!

Yes, this reminds me of Knowing but also the "masculine" Iquitos. I have the EdP, a black bottle with clear glass in the middle (just like the one pictured above). From what I've read, this is not as strong as the original, but it doesn't seem to be changed in any other major way. I like the hint of tobacco in this one, and something is giving at least the impression of honey (there is some sweetness here). Overall, it's nicely balanced and a bit sweet, but otherwise rather tame for what it could have been (I get little of the animalic notes listed, for example). If you absolutely hate aldehydes then you might want to skip this one, because they are clearly present even if not outrageously strong. It's easy to control the strength by how much you spray, because the atomizer puts out a fine mist.

UPDATE: I obtained a 50 ml bottle of vintage and it's a bit different, actually giving off a Kouros type of feel (beyond the top notes). The newer one I have, I think circa 2000, reminds me of Iquitos and Fendi Uomo a bit (though of course "feminized" with more florals). I certainly intend upon keeping at least one of these bottles, possibly both !

UPDATE #2: As time went by I realized that vintage is very close to Joint Pour Homme. Just remove the florals, add some camphor, and you would get Joint !

knomrlse
knomrlse

Beautiful perfume!!!!!

beesha
beesha

i always was avoiding this perfume, probably because of weird bottle, which never attracted me and dense sweet smell of the sprayer (i even did not bother spray it on myself), BUT yesterday i DID spray it on myself..... and it is SUCH a Marvellous Smell!!!!! so special, feminine, passionate, expensive, decadent as being mentioned, i just URGENTLY need to have a bottle of this for the special occasions!!!!!!!!! i just instantly fell in love with this perfume, in a cold rainy day it makes you feel cosy , warm and just amazing. P.S they just do not do perfumes as good as this novadays. AND it is easy to ignore old classics, but they are gems really!

lmf22purple
lmf22purple

I have loved this perfume from the moment I discovered it in the 1980s. It is sophisticated, complex and rich, feminine but not cloying (like gardenia). I had a bar of the soap I kept in my night table and sniffed when I wanted to be transported. It has remained my signature scent although I am careful where I spray and how much because it is strong and a little goes a long way as other reviewers have mentioned. I wear it for me, because I like it. The notes that linger at the end of the day when I take my clothes off make me happy with myself.

PP is not for everyone. Only a strong woman who knows what she wants can wear it. The cotton candy/vanilla crowd doesn't have the cajones for this scent.

I wish in this global economy that I could still get the shower gel and the powder (and the soap!). The EDP and EDT are available on Amazon and eBay among others.

MJ1209
MJ1209

I had this back in the day.... Nice, but strong..like all the 80's stuff. Sweeter on my skin but still liked the spice.

Lauraci
Lauraci

This perfume is unique to me, beyond all descriptions. I smell the coriander and maybe that is what makes it soapy, but despite the soap in it, there is a whole deep, fresh, dark and luminous world. To me it is like a wild but cool forest, from a dream. It opens your nose and wakes you up and then it makes you a bit excited and smiling on the inside, as if you had a wonderful secret.

I remember it from my aunt and other adult women in the 80s, and thinking it was too strong as a girl. Then a year ago (and as an eternal 80s fan I am) I decided to try it (next to Rive Gauche) and the first impression was that it was a bit vulgar, too much. Later, Rive Gauche dissolved quickly and PP started to enchant me with its powerful freshness. Here I am! it said, so confident, cool and bold.

I couldn't stop sniffing and I am sniffing it now. I have the new EDP and a vintage one. I think both have the same spirit. Maybe the vintage one has this dirty warm touch and the new one is fresher?

To me it is more of a comfort scent that I wear for myself more than to impress others, it is very sensous and elegant, but I think my man prefers something slightlty spicier-sweeter (like Shalimar and Lumiere Noire). And my colleagues and friends might think this is too masculine or old school. Who cares? Paloma Picasso doesn't and me neither.

It is a perfume I love wearing with (and would compare to) a silk black floral (with big flowers) oversized blouse.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

My mum had the stuff in pure parfum back in the day. She actually never liked it, whereas I was always sniffing it with some sort of reverie. Te bottle was gorgeous, the smell so.... Captivating and sofisticated. I would have never thought of using it myself.

In college, one of my friends smelled very sexy and grown up and I asked her what it was and she told me Paloma Picasso.. Ok??? Only lately have I been feeling mature or grown up enough to spray it on me in a shop. And of course I lied it. Fortunately it also agreed with me. I must add that it is a very grown up scent still, I might wait a year or two, I'm 34 and still single and a bit rock n roll, I don't really want to smell like a Chanel suit with pearls. Which is exactly like this smells to me :-)
I will keep this for later, sure there's a life after 40 as well!!

annahaener
annahaener

masterpiece in EDT - love it!!!

celebrity89
celebrity89

Reminds me of Woman by Jovan from the 70's. This one is way too masculine and too simplistic.

I have not yet smelled the reformulated one.

red347
red347

I tried my hardest to wear her... I guess, in the end, it was one of those times where no matter how bad I wanted her, she just wouldn't have me... I have a very untrained nose but for me she has a beautiful opening and mid but there's something in the base that just didn't agree with either my wife or myself. At least I gave it my all and am now a little more educated on what doesn't work for me!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Beautiful perfume!!!!! The most gorgious perfume ive ever smelled. Oriental spice that is heavenly. Im with lady Bug.............holy gril of perfumes!!! I have died and gone to heaven with this scent.

suiteladybug
suiteladybug

This is my holy grail. It's semi sweet, meditative, spiritual and embracing. All I need is my coffee and my jazz on a weekend with Paloma (so to speak).

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I can't believe how badly this fragrance has been gutted. The new stuff isn't even recognizable as Paloma Picasso. I have never, ever smelled a reformulation as bad as this one. Not even the classic Coty fragrances have been destroyed this badly. Even Tabu is more wearable in its current state.

Olele
Olele

I discovered this perfume in the 1990s and it was my absolute favorite till I got another bottle sometimes in the early 2000s. The formula had changed by then, and the current version reminds me of a nuclear attack rather than a fragrance you voluntarily put on your body. It is too strong, harsh - it is just suffocating. I have been looking since for another perfume that would give the same feeling as the 'old' Paloma, in vain.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

Over the years I have tried this fragrance at Macy's and Bloomingdale's and always loved the way it smelled by the time I got home. I finally bought a mini bottle and it was nice, then I bought a 3.4 oz tester on e-bay, its nice but not as intense as the mini or samples I've tried over the years. I'm sure that the tester (EDP) is new formula. It is lighter and more flowery on me now. It still has depth and interest, mystery about it. I will wear this for myself and if I'm out and about, others will smell it too (I don't care!) After years of suffering from other people smoking without them ever considering me, I don't have sympathy for those that are sensitive to everything that isen't sanitized, white bread, vanilla! This is a wonderful complex scent, and if one would give it a chance (be open minded) they would learn to appreciate it. Many are turned off by the initial strength without ever really getting into the scent. Then again I'm glad not everyone is wearing this, I hate to be part of the crowd.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

I have just created new T-shirt or a bumper sticker
for myself or my car to wear: "I am a proud daughter of a woman who wears Paloma Picasso...dayly" or some. thing along this lines. By the way, it's true.
My second T-shirt is going to have the same writing on it, but "...24 Faubourg..." instead. This is true as well.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Deco Elegance,

1) If you paid 20 bucks for Paloma then either you have a knock off or a reformulation

2) The real Paloma Picasso is a feeling more than a smell..it is decadent. If you want to get the real feel of the perfume please go to Macys or wherever they sell expensive perfume and ask or it.

sauko
sauko

I don't smell old woman, I smell sex in this fragrance, maybe for this the perfume don't like some people... Hahaha

DecoElegance
DecoElegance

I've been following the buzz on Fragrantica regarding cheap thrills and best buys at TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross, etc. So with renewed excitment for "low rent" perfuming, I took a risk on this signature scent of Paloma Picasso. It was a total blind buy, but I'm a chypre fanatic; at only $19, I took the plunge. To my dismay, this is a total and utter abomination. I can handle dry and woody, but this smells cheap and affected. It actually stinks. I wouldn't even spray this before bed. This is likely due to the fact that I was limited to the EDT, and as some of you note, a reformulation usually means a cheapening-out on the EDT with little of the original integrity intact. Perhaps it's just my body chemstry poorly reacting to the civet. I can't say. If anyone wants to perfume swap, let me know. It's yours; I can't wait to get rid of it! (I should add, in all fairness, this is vaguely reminiscent of Knowing. My mother wore Knowing in the '90s, so for a split second before the dirty underwear over a woodfire smell crept through, I had a moment of brief and ultimately fleeting though enjoyable nostalgia)

paojaime
paojaime

This was my grandmother's favorite perfume :) I cannot relate it to anything but her, so to me it smells amazing because it evokes good memories. A sophisticated and mature smell, I would not go for this before your 40s....

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I acquired an old bottle and wasn't so sure from just sniffing it or trying a drop or two. Finally gave it a big ol' spray up and both arms and my chest today before work. And yes, I was fumed up for most of the day! I may need to be a little lighter handed, but oh my, it was marvelous. It is so impossible to describe! I was really wishing I had a better sense of notes, but as I read the complexity of description here, I feel much better. This has it all and the kitchen sink too. And yet it is perfect, you wouldn't want anything removed or changed. Yes, it was a touch masculine at some point, and I could see a guy using it. It isn't green, but it is herbal. If you are ready for more than fou fou sweetness, step on up. BTW, it worked just fine for a blonde!

Fimafeng
Fimafeng

A blast!
On the right woman.
It requires a sensual, tall, dark or brunette woman to wear this scent.
It is very elegant, stylish but also seductive. It should exclusively be worn during night and evenings.
One of my former girlfriends had this perfume as her favourite.
I adored her.
But it is not for every woman.
Since it is not a girls perfume.
It is for a Real Woman.
And when you feel this scent (as a real man) on this very woman, your blood starts to pulsate and your chest widens.
You just want to be her Man.

Meikku
Meikku

I bought a test bottle and thought of trying something new. The reviews here sound so promising, but I got dissapointed. Just doesn´t work on me. It´s way too masculine fragrance for me, I don´t feel myself with it at all.

paulie86
paulie86

This was a staple on my moms vanity when I was a little kid in the early nineties. I was always intrigued by the mysterious oblong black bottle that seemed virtually untouched with the brownish yellow liquid. Fast forward to a couple months ago I decided to try it at the perfume shop. The opening of aldehydes and civet will definitely wake you up and take attention lol. The drydown was beautiful mossy florals with a wqoodsy backdrop.

I ended up getting the edt over the weekend when I was home in CT visiting my dad. The opening is still a strong weird smell that dries down to my nose smelled like chocolate, aldehydes, and civet lol but the more I wore it the more it turned into a mossy, leathery floral. I love the the edt but the way to go is definitely the edp concentration it's way more animalic and decadent extremely over the top and fabulous. The edt to me is softer and a cross between Chanel no 19 and Agent Provocateur so if you like those fragrances definitely try Paloma Picasso.

My bottle is by luxury products llc so hopefully it's one of the better bottles on the market since I heard Loreal now holds the licensing and ruined it. Paloma Picasso has been getting a lot of use since I got it and is making me long to own the edp as well lol

KateAnette
KateAnette

I got a mini of this from my mom in the 80's. I actually used to wear it too sometimes, which now seems a bit funny, as i was in my teens then :). I just thought it smelled good. Didn't think it was strong though, cause it was a splash mini, dabbing the perfume means you can control the amount.
I recently found the bottle, and lo and behold, it hadn't turned! It still smelled the same, which i think is unbelievable, as many of my newer fumes in spray bottles seems to turn in a few years (i rarely use up a bottle). It still smells very grown up and classy, and sexy too.
I now realize that i haven't been spending much time on chypres. About time to start getting to know more about them, because Paloma is a work of art.

akats
akats

This, will be my next purchase. Edp is rich, dark, rosy and enough chypre for my taste. It has the same character with Tamango as it concerns the combination of moss and roses. Paloma Picasso, is not sharp, not bitter, not agressive as one may think. It is a gentle chypre with subtle florals, so very femminine and not unisex. Moss is a blur background to the flowers giving it a deep alluring sexy contrast. Carnation and rose are very prominent and tame the compotition giving a powderness that make this fragrance unique.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Highly potent stuff. Smells like something my mother and her friends used to wear in 80's. First impression is too much; give it a minute it actually turns into mature, serious, clean floral with earthy patchouli and oakmoss firmly in place. What i'm trying to say it softens a notch and it is bearable and wearable for whomever prefers it. Also, to keep in mind carnation is one power flower, more like a wild beast of flowers for ones that prefer white floral notes. It is the one that spells out 80's era and/or older in a nutshell. After about 15 minutes more clean and soapy notes surface, even though earthy notes stay put and don't budge much.
Mainly for evening/special occasions. Silage excellent.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I don't particularly like the beginning but i find the drydown really interesting which i like. A really mature and strong scent.

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Tried this again yesterday after abandoning it for too long. In my reviews of AE I called this the sister perfume which I still feel. Still lamenting the demise of AE #I found it difficult to use it. However what a lovely reunion. applied with caution and surrounded by the heady oakmoss and amber i so enjoy. This is one of the very few perfumes that i own which actually rise in sillage as I move about. wonderful stuff - good for the soul when you are feeling down

mystica

A classic and timeless fragrance I definitely recommend for chypre lovers.

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

A fragrance for a mature lady! My Mom was wearing it and it was one of her favourite perfumes.

janzu75
janzu75

m Mother's signature fragance! every time i smell it it remainds me of my mother getting ready to head out with my dad to a gala or a benefit. it remanids me of my mother going to lunches and of me reading Vogue and Vanidades in the fashion section...it will always reminds me of the elegance and my teenage years of the 80s

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Heavy stuff!So retro though...

eruetim
eruetim

I thought about the designer when I wore it. It also reminded me of Spain. I have never been to the South but I imagined being in the south of Spain and pink sunsets. Complex quite metallic, like copper or brass being forged. Sophisticated and confident. Quite feminine.

madamesinn
madamesinn

Bought for me at 14 or 15 by an adult family friend in the early-mid eighties, I figured she was inspired by the art connections and my buddingness in this arena (see SDali).
So obviously a woman's perfume yet I recall being unfazed; feeling entirely entitled to wear it. I was in a big hurry and styled my teenage self as though in drag...already ready for the big, dynamic aldehydes/chyphres.Now, finally 40 and able to carry ~_~

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I really wanted to be in love with this one. Didn't happened...I agree with Roma27 and with Scarlette...you end up with a soapy smell. It is an expensive soap, but still...soap. Although, I agree that the smell is elegant and vintage (still soapy).

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is a breathtaking, earthy, spicy, warm and inviting aldehyde. There is a seriousness to this fragrance. It means business, but goes about it in the most admirable way. She remains always welcoming and approachable.

Ohkit
Ohkit

Sexy, sultry,a bit masculine, powerful, confident, seductive and rock'n'roll. These are the words that describe this fragrance (and the woman wearing it) "Diva"s rebellious sister

ZELJO
ZELJO

this is THE PARFUM with capital letters,a woman couldnt smell better than using this one

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I love this fragrance, its smells very mature and expensive! What I love about it is that it is not sweet at all. Lasts forever on skin. :)

HanSpan
HanSpan

I absolutely love this, its one of the two perfumes I return to after trying all sorts of other things.
Its very odd how others liken it to Opium and Poison as I absolutely hate both of those - they make me feel very sick. Is it a difference in noses or the reaction on the skin I wonder?
I still have some very old shower cream and lotion so for special occasions I bathe in it then put cream on and then the perfume. I love it but now I've seen all these comparisons to things that make me feel rather ill I wonder if I am making others feel sick. No one has ever said anything but mabe they are just too polite. I shall have to do it again and ask some of my more blunt friends;)

Wittychic
Wittychic

Paloma Piccaso, strong, complex and seductive. I have a bottle from 20 years ago, the black one EDP. One small spray, wishing this had a wand so I could apply less. The opening is too strong. I washed my arm. She is still there-- powerfully. Now I am beginning to appreciate her. Intriguing, she has depth and a wonderful deep dark smoldering sultriness, at the same time she is raw and animalistic

I am in my sexy little black dress with deep red heals. Hair up with wisps falling softly around my face. Heading out to a galla event. My companion is a powerful man, he is tall with dark hair. His eyes are deep blue shining with intensity (a James Bond type). He is dressed in a tux, no bow tie here. The top two bottons of the formal shirt are undone, his magnetism can't be contained.
I am a not listening to the polite conversation floating round me. I am anticipating the event coming to a close, so I can be alone with this man. Pure seduction is the course for the evening.

Sigh.....for me she is an evening fragrance.

I am retesting and cleaning out some fragrances that did not work for me. This one I will keep, perhaps the right occasion will come along. She is just too marvelous to pass on.

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

This was glorious on my skin for about 20 minutes and then gone.
I thought I'd found a winner but not today.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Timeless fragrance - classy , elegant and unique. Many different opinions are represented here and I think the reason is that PP is very complex perfume.

Sharp spicy, extremely well balanced fresh and sweet , with a hint of chivet, which gives some kind completion of this fragance, and this completion is actually mysteriously attractive. It's more fresh than sweet on my skin, so I wouldn't say that this is some kind of heavy perfume. It is FANTASTIQUE !

I wouldn't say this is an 'going to work fragrance' - but yes, it can be. It has all characteristics of very elegant perfume, but you should be carefull with applying - it's very strong !

Migalex
Migalex

I love this one. It is a pity it is so expensive, or I would bathe in it, or at least have a little shower. Diva is cheaper and reminds one of it though, although I like Paloma Picasso better. It is really really sexy and quite nicely disturbing. It is also similar to La perla and Magie Noire, all the four remarkably resembling one another, but for me Paloma Picasso is the best. The EdP is quite strong, but the EdT is actually not strong at all. They smell a bit different, the EdP being woodier and sweeter, the EdT drier, but both are lovely.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I have the EDT, from COSTCO, and it is lovely. Wears for 3-4 hours on me.

Decodawn
Decodawn

A classy elegant fragrance very similiar to soir du lune by Sisley.

Roma27
Roma27

My Paloma Picasso experience boils down to it being 'Palmolive soap' in a bottle. Intense is an understatement, the drydown was what I eventually appreciated. I still however love this for exactly what it is, a Superb chypre classic!!

karaaslang
karaaslang

strong, deep, sexy, enigmatic fragrance. it is a unique one. very glam. better for winter time then the summer. heavy... so, not many can wear it, gotta live up to it's name.

lister
lister

Very classy,that doesn't get old.Goes great with dark clothes,office. Great choice for doctors as well.
Not too spicy,and not too strong,no sweetness but a bit floral,light leather notes on the background,kind of heavy first 20-30 min.
For a strong,intellectual,elegant female.

CK Tan

woooow
It is very beautiful

lizainterpres
lizainterpres

Paloma Picasso has this grassy Annick Goutal quality that might frighten you at first, but then you just want more of it.

there is no sugar, no bubble gum and all that. It's dry, sharp and classy in an attractive way. Staying power and sillage are very good.

Actally, PP is the first chypre I liked. I bought it for my mom but now I want it for myself so badly(

missymary
missymary

Hey what's happened here? I had this in the 1980s and it was a remarkable chypre, plenty earthiness but also a lovely soft warm muskiness. Now it's all imitation oakmoss. For me it's a light Aromatics Elixir. It's quite nice, but far too ladylike and mild, nothing like as deeply adventurous and alluring as the original.

girlboheme
girlboheme

I LOVE this. It is sophisticated and woodsy to me. It is one of five scents I wear regularly. I've been wearing it since the 80's and never tire of it!

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

I'm telling you this is not a positive review, so if you are trying ti find something good about this - skip reading this.

I'm sorry, but I strongly, definitely dislike this. A spicy-woody oriental mix of everything you could find in a spice store.. or a forest! My mom sprays it on herself like five times - and it stays like that all day long.. every time she is next to me my face looks like this (O_O) literally - it's very strong...

This smells expensive and luxurious but it's waaay not me cup of tea...

Spicy and too much for me. Sorry. :(

mirjam rus
mirjam rus

love it, it's so deep and complex on my skin. It's fantastic for colder days. I wouldn't say it's old fashioned, I found it particular and elegant -bitter, creamy, floral

jtd
jtd

Jasmine + Chypre = Paloma
Jasmine + Fougère = Troisième Homme

Has anybody ever found the two similar? In each case, they match a similar, greenish, not terribly indolic jasmine to a blunt accord that cries out for some lightness in an otherwise dank mix . In 3me Homme’s case, the green jasmine cleaves to a green lavender. In Paloma, the jasmine makes the green connection between the bergamot and the moss. In both the chypre and the fougère the accord is fundamentally stark and the jasmine fits into the opening spaces. Both the chypre and fougère formulas are fairly easy to recognize once you’ve smelled a few of each. Adding a similar jasmine to each of these historic genres make 3me Homme and Paloma seem like siblings.

olga1780

Thanks to one confused and disorganized seller, who sent me the wrong version, I had a very positive experience with Paloma Picasso, and I am very glad I had a chance to rediscover this wonderful fragrance.
I totally loved the EDT version in a golden bottle, wich is a wonderful sweet, slightly soapy shypre.It's light, but not casual, with great sillage and longevity, can be easily worn during the day or warmer weather. By the time the seller sent me EDP with a return label for EDT, I was willing to keep both. EDP in a black bottle (thich is actually purple in the light)is slightly different from EDT. It's a darker and bit more bitter fragrance, more suitable for special occasions, which I loved just as much. So in the end both of us benefitted from the transaction.
But now I keep wondering about the stinky one in a clear bottle that I had tested before. I would like to revisit it one day and make sure that it wasn't my nose that let me down. Although my husband also agreed with me that it was godawful.

olga1780

Ok,I am totally confused about this fragrance now.
Here is my story: the seller crewed up and instead of sending me a black opaque EDP, sent me an EDT in a golden bottle.
BUT....this scent has absoluetely nothing to do with the stench I had experienced when I tested the clear black EDP. Now, this is the scent I remember from back in the days: a mooth beautiful shypre that reminds me of First, Diva, and acutally Ysatis to some degree. As it dries down it becomes a little soapy like Byzance. I have a feeling that the Black EDP is a more intense version of this one, or maybe again something entirely different.
I actually like it so much that I am going to keep it and will buy the other EDP as well.

No wonder the reviews are so polarized....everyone is talking about something different. I think the administrators should put all three versions separately to avoid the confusion in reviews.

This perfume started out extremely intense, like incense mixed with men's cologne. I typically like fragrances that are spicy and a tad masculine, like Opium or Sensuous Noir, but this was over-the-top. I couldn't wash it off, so I was forced to wear it for the next couple of hours. I avoided sniffing my arm as best I could. But after about 2 hours, I found the drydown to be much more pleasurable and a true chypre, which is very hard to come by. I can smell oak moss and coriander very clearly, two notes that are hard to come by individually much less in the same fragrance. I ended up finding this perfume rather enjoyable, but it's a bit too masculine and animalic for my personal wear.

olga1780

I am just like Weegee,can't let go of this one, even though a few times I tested it at the store it stank to high heaven. My first husband gave me a pure perfume when I was about 20, and for the life of me I don't remember it being so stinky and I actually used to wear it. I wonder if the people are talking about different versions here. I am willing to give a try to a black opaque bottle one more time.
Ok, just ordered an EDP in a black opaque bottle! My husband may throw me out of the house for stinking up the house....but screw it, have to do it!

krmarich
krmarich

From the heart of the 1980s comes the one of the most sophisticated and elegant perfumes ever created. It caused a big commotion in its time and still has lots of thunder in its wake...

There are 2 very different incarnations of it. The masterful, powerful chypre floral from the 1980s and the current bold floral chypre on the market that continues to carry the flame today.

Both must be experienced in the EDP. The original is all about chypre-OAKMOSS, patcholi and vetiver swirling around a deep dark pink bouquet of carnation, rose, hyacinth and jasmine. Yes, it is enormous and requires formal attire or nothing at all. Its very forward in the seduction department! The civet/animalic notes hold nothing back-Fishnets and black shiny pumps! A big 80s thing!

The current formula turns down the oakmoss and allow the carnation and hyacinth to take the stage, yes there is rose and jasmine too. The civit is there, but much more ladylike, with her red skirt pulled down below her knees. I find the current formula a dead ringer for Moscou Rouge, almost note for note. Tradition and power! Yes, indeed, Paloma Picasso has a future.

Paloma Picasso is for women and not girls. You decide the age limit on that one...The cotton candy crowd can leave this one alone!

Cams
Cams

One of my few repeat purchases. Fresh, feminine and wonderful. A favorite. Use in moderation and enjoy.

coletrane
coletrane

Received the parfum as a gift back in 1989. Wore only a handful of times. It was in a very small black oval shaped bottle in a small black velvet bag. It used to be in one of my jewelry box drawers but I seemed to have misplaced it sometime in the past 2 decades.

Very strong and for a mature woman to wear. It is a winter evening scent.

superlicious
superlicious

I can,t understand this perfume. Vintage, interesting but i think you need a special personailty to wear this. It,s a love or hate smell. I feel that it smells like an animal(and it has 2 notes with animals). It is so weird. First try it then buy it.

daliflora
daliflora

This is one of the most beautiful female scents I ever had/smelled. I had a small bottle before they have changed the formula, and was fond of it!

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

I saw this in my grandmother`s wardrobe and wanted to take a sniff. After the beginning, which is really strong, I became seduced by this. The perfume is really mysteriously and has a magical aura. Of course it's a must-have for me. This is not for everyone so, try this before buy

meg1969
meg1969

Love the drama of this scent! This is to me, the quintessential 80's TA DA scent. I wore the vintage version, and I understand there is a lot of criticism for the reformulation, however, I find the drydowns very similar. (EdP anyway). Don't waste your time with the EdT. It is not the same thing, and I really do not care for it.

Although the EdP can be somewhat brash, I wear it when I am feeling dramatic, like when I wear a red sheath dress with black stilettos and bright red lipstick. It makes me feel like some femme fatale from a Pedro Almodovar movie!

I don't get soap - the only soap it could possibly remind me of is the 1980's classic, Dynasty. PP's mother was a parfumier (so I have read). There are so many notes yet I find the composition smooth but there is a dangerous quality - like a woman who wears this would slap you across the face. I think it is a masterpeice. Even better - I found a 1.7 oz bottle of the EdP at Marshalls for 24.99. No I just need to watch Women on the Verge of A Nervous Breakdown or Matador. Love, love, love.....

Angel10
Angel10

Soap. Soap. Soap. Soap!

The kind of soap that you are supposed to look at, and never use, as it burns the skin, makes a bright red rash, and keeps you scratching for hours.

I like to throw a few little soaps like these in my drawers to make them smell lovely, but NEVER on the skin.

I know it is expensive, but I think when something smells like soap, it smells cheap.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I picked up two mini EDP's today (vintage) and THIS is the one that I remember! Lush, sensual and deep, without that slightly harsh edge that the modern version seems to have. Unfortunately I will have to use them VERY sparingly!!

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

PP is a gorgeous scent. Dark and sensual, mysterious and demanding but oh so goood !
It reminds me of a magic garden which brings out its most beautiful strange flowers at midnight only. Their nectar is the balsamic-semi-sweet aroma in PP. Titania would have loved this scent and Oberon would have been even more crazy about her :-) Paloma Picasso´s perfume is indeed a Midsummernights dream.

biancaloren
biancaloren

dark classic, elegant yet mysterious and bold strong and reminds me of old money.
love it. its a permanent fave.

Tracyellen1619
Tracyellen1619

I wanted to love this. I thought I would, considering the description. I usually would love a fragrance like this. Unfortunately my first experience with it was being sprayed on my neck, way too much, way too strong. I couldn't get away from the smell and I was shopping away from home and ended up having such a headache that I couldn't enjoy anything that day. That being said, I have smelled it on others and thought it was wonderful. On me, not so much.

kaoruhawaii
kaoruhawaii

Very dark, very heavy fragrance. I imagine this is what a very old vampire would smell like. Like old books and houses that have been closed up for a long time or something that has been buried in the ground. You get a sense of age, and time passing and dirt; just heavy. Not sure what everyone else is smelling, but that difference is what makes us all unique and the world go round . . .

This perfume is supersweet!! It goes in the more sophisticated manner of Revlon Absolutely Fabulous!!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Potent, spicy, floral, sweet and GORGEOUS.

romrom
romrom

My mom owned this many many years ago, she got a set with the perfume, body lotion and body powder. Anyways she loved the perfume but gave me the body powder. the perfume is very srtong for me but the body powder had a very nice soft scent, I think if I ever get this fregrance it would be the powder or the lotion because the perfume is very nice but too strong, and even a small spray is to much.

I find this one really disturbing and much too strong and old-fashioned.

valerianc
valerianc

At first I loved it but once wearing it made me really sick and was a quite traumatic experience. Too strong spicy sweety smell for me.

Catty

I have a 20 years love story with this scent.

PP is a very unique to me. A very complex scent that succeeds to be all in one: very, very sexy, powerful and dark but at the same time bright, classy and very ladylike. It smells really powerful and very french, what I simply looovvee.

PP is my life scent. It will be always with me.

My great Love!

This was always one of my favorites. It had such a unique quality to it, I could recognize it on anyone, anywhere. After wearing this to exhaustion in the late 80's, I forgot about it until recently, when I read that it had been reformulated. I had to test it for myself to see if it had changed. At first spray, it smelled strong, heavy, cloying, and unfamiliar, and I was disappointed that it had been "tampered with". But, surprisingly, after waiting 30 to 40 minutes, it changed a lot! And the original familiar scent that I loved came back. I can't say for certain that it's identical, as it has been over 20 years since I smelled it. But I definitely recognize the unique fragrance I remember. If there is a subtle difference, I can't tell, or maybe my skin chemistry is working in my favor this time. If you love the original, the reformulation is worth a try.

KhandyS
KhandyS

I absolutely love this perfume It´s a very rich, loud and powerful floral.My boy friend gave this for my birthday present the moment I smelled it I was in love. I love the fact that it last all day and you only need just a little . The complete set is lovely to have. I will be purchasing more I hope they never discontinue this perfume.

Neesie
Neesie

I love this perfume and have worn it since the 80's. I wear the lotion since it is not as strong as the perfume, etc. I live in the USA and am having a difficult time finding it in large department stores like Macy's. I read somewher on line that the lotion may be discontinued. I hope this is not true. If anyone has any information about this, please post. Also, does anyone know why this fragrance/lotion is so hard to find in the U.S. ?

I'd also love to buy more of the shower gel and dusting powder if they still make it.

Please don't ever stop making the lotion or shower gel and please make them more available in the U.S.

Convict13
Convict13

This fragrance reminds me of Chanel No 5, but softer. I wear this fragrance almost exclusively at night, it just seems a night time smell.

Catty

EDT - with this Scent I lived the happiest moment of my life: my wedding day!

It was my signature scent for 15 years!

It´s a very rich, loud and powerful floral. I enjoy more the EDT, because it´s dry and you can use it from morning ´til evening.

It smells very dated, vintage but it´s a classic from the 80´s and I just love it. Despite that, I don´t want to use it anymore. It belongs to a very joyful phase of my life, that I´m very glad to remember. Always!

Myri
Myri

I love this perfume!!! I found it very close to Animale.

katayron
katayron

This is the ONLY scent that I never tire of. I have at least 25 different perfumes, I have to, since I tire of them so quickly. I love Paloma Picasso, but I can only wear it in the winter. It is my "winter signature scent".

officegirl
officegirl

I picked a little sampler of this up in a Burlington Coat Factory. I'd never heard of it before. I guess I was attracted to it because it had the name "Picasso" and I thought it would smell inspiring or artistic like Paloma's dad.
It smells like someone trying to cover up a bad secret or a three-week old corpse.

olga1780

I was 99.9% sure I would like this fragrance because i love Opium. I ran into an EDP version at TJMaxx and sprayed it on my wrist right away. OMG...i didnt know which way to run from the stench, especially that it was following me everywhere. I tried not to get close to other people because i was nervous i would be turning heads, and not in a good way, and was very self-conscious at the checkout counter. At home i shoved my wrist under my husband's nose and he was wide awake right away and just as disgusted with the smell. I am looking at all the notes and can't belive my eyes...because all i smell is dirty socks and body odor. I would prefer to think it's a chemistry issue....or how else can you explain all the wonderful reviews.

Peachallie
Peachallie

Don't like it, still my Husband buys it for me; later he says "too strong". I love Chanel No.5, feel the same about PP as I do Tabu, Opium, and Cinnabar. Just too HEAVY.

jolielady
jolielady

Paloma Picasso is a delicious womanly perfume. Don't get the EDT, I made that mistake, because I didn't realise that the black bottle is the EDP, I thought that the gold one would be the more expensive one!

The EDP is almost like a different perfume.It is a bit like Dolce Vita, magnificently floral and fruity, but it has that nice edge of spice too.

I've worn it at big celebration parties and also at intimate dinners, and it always makes the occasion very glamorous and special.

Don't know why, but I usually wear it with a red dress or jacket. Maybe the box makes me think of red.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

This was almost a blind buy; I was waiting for an appointment and tried Paloma Picasso on a scent strip in a magazine. it immediately appealed to me, and within a couple of days I had a bottle of the Eau de Parfum. It was as nice as I expected on that first sniff; warm, sexy, spicy yet fairly gentle with a slight powdery side. While it seems like this should be a loud, brash scent, when carefully and gently applied, it stays close to the skin. I found myself sniffing my wrist throughout the day. This will definitely be a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.

passionata20
passionata20

I think this is a very classy and feminie fragrance, don´t know why i haven´t tried it before! I expected something sharp and a bit agressive, partly because of the bottle image but it happened to be very soft and warm. All those flower notes become dominant after couple of minutes and it smells like a huge and expensive flower bouqet. If the opening might scare you a bit with sharp notes, don´t be cheated by that, it will change in few minutes and what you will get is true classic and a must have for a Lady
This was a review of an Eau de Parfum version.

mediterranean
mediterranean

This perfume is like a lady who dresses properly to go to work in the office. She is the boss and always wears a black suit and red lipstick. When she goes back home she has a whisky ( no soda , no ice , no water) , takes off her stilettos,and her white blouse a has wild sex with a lover, usually younger than her, and he never stays all night because when she feels she has had enough doesn´t like his company any longer. She never looks back, she never regrets things, but no-one can ever say she was rude to anybody . She is just happy in her own shoes and doesn´t need anybody around.

katherineom
katherineom

When this scent was first launched in Paris, I was 15 and visiting the city for the first of many times. I loved the smell immediately but held off buying it, thinking,"Oh, I'll just buy it in the States when I return." Bad mistake, because I waited almost a year for it to finally reach the US. This was my first experience and discovery that I love chypre fragrances.

empressevie
empressevie

I am in HEAVEN. Bought this based on all these discerning opinions unsmelt, as many perfumes are rarely available in Oz for testing. So glad I believed you all...again.

This perfume is...THE BOMB!!

It opens strong and a little sweet. Not sickly sweet - refined florists sweet, and I'm thinking...nice, some depth here. And then...all the woodsy notes kick in. It smells femme fatale, smoky bars, bohemian queen...and then it sits strong and proud as a mysterious, warm chypre. Changes subtly over time and with body warmth. It just wafts and wafts, and the smell of yourself is exhilaratingly seductive.

I may have found my new signature perfume...and I am in awe of the perfumer who made this dark, alluring nectar.

Marilia
Marilia

not for summer!
It is funny...I still remember 2 boys
complaining about a too strong perfume!
on the bus, in an Italian southern city.
(and I had used just a drop!)

MMC
MMC

Eu gosto mais do EDT que é mais seco menos floral muito melhor do que o do vidro preto.Esse é um perfume para se usar uma borrifada, para não ficar muito forte.Pena que meu marido não gosta,tive que vender o meu.

moly
moly

Really lovely chypre, complex and feminine, very mature, like many of you said. The more I regret that I cannot wear it. I smell a lot of hiacynth in the heart notes and it gives me a headache. But still it's a gorgeous scent.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Strong, sensual, really well blended, really warm, feminine. What more to say? For me its a masterpiece, one of the most beautifull scents :)
Update: I tryed it again today on a perfume shop and I got a totally different idea, today it smelled really fresh and flowery, powdery in the end.
Still amazing, really surprising perfume! I was not expecting this transformation!

mysr01
mysr01

Lovely smell!
When I first smell it i thought it was a bit too strong, but after I tried it and it blends with my skin for a while, it smells wonderful! Definitely one of the best scent I've ever wore. ;)

vetiver
vetiver

This scent screams " I am a queen..i am worthy..i am strong..and SEXY"

cloyd42
cloyd42

Another perfume where, when asked what it's like, the answer would be "it's complicated". Woody oriental? Chypre? Green floral? All are possible. That's the primary attraction of this perfume--it's got so many notes that it's a new perfume for every woman and every day. It's clean without being soapy, floral without being particularly sweet. An excellent balance between the spices and the florals. As others have noted it's a "big" perfume, not meant for young women or small offices. It is a perfect summertime romantic night out perfume unlike the amber and incense based perfumes that usually fall into this category. For dreamers it's probably the perfect sunset on the Mediterranean beach or standing at the rail of the QE2 on a sultry becalmed afternoon perfume.

maatgirl
maatgirl

I remember having a mini of this in high school and wearing it on the sly...my mother, a White Linen aficianado, did not like anything that didn't exude soapy cleanliness. Possible reformulations aside, the current PP smells to me like the original, and to me it smells just as clean as White Linen, but green and herbaceous, rather than aldehydic. It is sophisticated and sexy in a done-up way; if this fragrance were a woman it would be Lauren Bacall, seducing with her eyes and her witty and daring repartee...not with her cleavage. My opinion is forget about the 80s revival in fashion...who needs a second go round of acid colors and jeans with zippers at the ankles?...and go for the 80s perfumes, PP included, instead!

I think it may have been the bottle design that had me running in the opposite direction for many years due to its very 80's style. Now that I'm older I've found some great respect for those classic 80's fragrances, so as would be expected, Paloma Picasso was on my list of scents to try.

If you like heavy fragrances like Dior's Poison, CK's Obsession or Jean Patou's Joy, this could quite possibly be in your collection already.

Paloma Picasso is one of those rich, heady, potent florals. Although dated, this fragrance has sex appeal. In a way it's a power scent, something that one can spritz on and instantly feel in control and defined.

I'll agree that this is not a fragrance for young girls or the light of heart, Paloma Picasso suits a woman with guts. The dryness, an element from its chypre quality, makes this fragrance all the more likable and all the more mature.

This fragrance is a sillage monster, there is no doubt about it. It screams, "I'm here, I'm proud, I'm wild and I'm a real woman."

Paloma Picasso is a scent that piques your curiousity. I am still discovering this fragrance with its many layers and complexities. If this re-formulated version is supposed to be less complex than the original, I can only dream of how wonderful the pre-formulated Paloma Picasso must have been.

Aidas
Aidas

To be immersed in this fragrance is a delight for me. It is certainly not a perfume for the faint-hearted. As with all perfumes it depends on body chemistry for the result but this is my signature fragrance. I always have a good response when I wear this one and my husband tells me I become "edible" with this on..smile...very sophisticated and classy and oh so French!Pure pleasure!I found the black bottle was the best for me, the bottle with the golden lid would suit someone younger, it is much lighter and has a reduced sillage time.I love these older fragrances as each one is so distinctive and has so much character. I find modern fragrances seem to smell all the same.

efm
efm

I come back to PP every few years.
It is timeless.

Some of big perfumes of the 1980s seem caught in a time warp( but as I am in the same time warp I don't mind).

However, is the current release still of the original formula ? Does it still have real oakmoss ? The synthetic substitute does NOT do it for me.

Blue Orchid
Blue Orchid

I just picked up a small bottle today. Absolutely not a fragrance for me. The scent is quite overbearing. It actually smells like men cologne on me. I don't like to waste products. So I think I"ll mix it with some sweet and light scents until I get a blend that I can work with until it is all gone.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

This is one of those very complex scents, that I really don't know if I love or hate. I think of it, as one of those very 80's perfumes, along with Opium and Poison. It always makes me think of strong women in power suits and very sharp hair, that need to have something very feminine and powerfull to make them suit their personality. I have a bottle of it, for some sentimental reasons. I was drawn to the bottle and I find it with a very sheap prize. I dunno if it has changed over the years, coz its not a scent, that I have been using for years. But I can say, that I most deffo like the edt over the edp. Its very classy and very french. But its not a scent, that will be my signature. But most deffo a scent, that is good in the fall or some rainy day. Very mossy and sharp but has a melancolic feeling to it. I just wish that they had used a model and not Paloma her self. She looks scary. But then again...its wouldn't be her personal scent, if it was with another model.

marti.b
marti.b

My mom uses this scent and it really fits her. Definitely for mature women, not teenage girls.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

What a marvel, I absolutely adore this one! Sophistique. So french, and abstract, very fin de siecle kind of perfume.

BIG
BIG

This fragrance runs the gamut of layers and brings out as time goes by new notes. It's nicely layered and it's all that matters.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Smells like a burnt candle wick on me, and nothing else. Darn that chemistry!

Zaleska
Zaleska

Too strong for me. But I like the ads, mainly the last one in this page (the red painting with the face, glove, ring, the "blur" hair and the bottle below). It makes me remember some Guerlain's ads "Are you her type?", made for Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue, for example.

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

I used to have this in the early 90s and my bf at the time said that it's "sex in a bottle". I haven't tried this in many years so it's probably the original formulation that I knew and loved. Love the spicy richness.

ps I forget to say that of course it's a sillage monster but what's the point of a perfume that no one can smell :o)

geegee
geegee

Ive used this perfume since it was launched in the 80's.

It was the only thing i wore for about a year & i felt ever so grown up wearing a real womanly perfume the year i left school (1984). Previously id worn anais anais but once Paloma hit my skin & nose i became 'mature'.

It has a really distinctive smell, it stands out from the crowd of florals & 'cute' fragrances & gets you noticed for all the right reasons...

It is a heavy perfume & i always felt only a woman with a strong personality could pull this off.

This is a leader perfume not a follower.

Sissi
Sissi

Firey Sandalwood Spicy Carnation Corridor Sweet Golden Amber transport you to the Andalusian town of Spain at night walking though it's medieval streets walking past it's moorish past
with there moorish Arcetecture
lisoning to the chants of the Sephardi
Jews in the Synagogue taking in with the sounds of there Passionate melencholic feelings you witness three Beautiful Majas dancing flamingo against the Blazing heat of the flams behind them with there Olive Skin
Poker stright Jet Black Hair parted in the middle with big Beautiful black eyes The Costumes of Scarlet with Black Lace trim around there comtumes with black Tiara with a long black Veil
and then the next morning you watched the Running of the Bulls After the Show you see a very Actracttive Spainard and it look like Javier Bardem *Gasp* IT IS HIM!!! he grabs you by your waste and started slowly dacing to the sound of the gentile sounds of the Accustic Guitar And he Leans over and before he almost Kisses you you snapped back to reality.

Perfumes can make Any Imagination
possible.

migi
migi

In my opinion the best female fragrance. Incredibly elegant and incredibly seductive. Paloma is a miraculous perfume, magical.

Halvah
Halvah

A few years ago I used the EDP version of this (the black + transparent glass bottle) and I loved it. It was dark and sexy but very special for me to wear every day and more for evening wear than for the workplace (I workes in a school). Now I got the EDT version by accident (transparent glass with a golden coloured top) and I must say I like this one even more! by no means would I call it a beast.... Of course, it's different from the edp: top notes are much fruitier, the middle is bright and kind of fruitiy-floral, and the base is classic but easier to wear, it lacks the darkness of the edp but still woody, very sexy and absolutely feminine. It could be a signature scent, while the edp could be an alternative for the evenings and special occassions.

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Used to wear this.one of my goth scent.on me jasmine rose ylang ylang and pachouli with a hint of citrus.if you love ylang ylang that s a good one.found it back and will buy me a bottle.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

This fragrance is way too much for me.I have a bottle of this and the lotion.Even the lotion is strong.It is one of the best lasting sillage monster fragrances ever made.This fragrance is not for the meek.I don't have to personality to wear this fragrance.Its too heavy too loud.It is an 80's fragrance all the way when more was better.My life is way too casual and simple to wear this.

guest_Jolli
guest_Jolli

I really would love to like this perfume. My mother and sister wear this and they just love it. I can't get past the initial stages of this perfume without hacking(I know TMI but, seriously). I'm not sure what it is about this perfume that I can't get over. I definately don't think it's a perfume for warm muggy climates since this makes a perfume stay longer. Maybe if I lived in a cooler area?
Everytime I think, 'Okay, I'm older now I might like it this time' it sends me running in the opposite direction with my hands on my mouth. *sigh* It's so bad I can even detect it on different people, which makes me have the same reaction.
Well, maybe it's because they change the formulation or something. I always think if they change the formulation they should change the name. I'll just stick with Eau Des Merveilles. It's just as different as Paloma without giving me the additional side effect. No offense to Paloma lovers. I will still continue to try new things, because that's just what I do.

Love- Jolli

Dawnie
Dawnie

Strong, sexy, self-opinionated, this perfume strides into a room and takes control! Its deeply sensual and has a dark, erotic flare I find very appealing. Its out of character for me to like such a strong scent, but for the right occasion, preferably with glamourous eveningwear, it packs a sophisitcated punch that makes a real statement. It's the strength of womanhood in a bottle.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

A Classic! They have changed the formula, due to regulations... . But if a fragrance can not be kept on the market, if the reformulation destroys the creation!
Reformulation is a fact, fragrances have to be reformulated often, due to the nature of their ingredients.

I prefer to withdraw a fragrance when reformulation will kill the fragrance.

milena
milena

A special perfume that takes acquired tastes to wear.I love it.Sharp from start, sophisticated dry down.Another perfume I wear depending the mood I'm in.A must have.

Evin
Evin

It is deep, strong, very personal and sedusive perfume. When I wear this perfume I get complements from people so I'm lite careful wearing this. You can't wear this everywhere, just special occasions and night time.

gretangel
gretangel

I always go back to this perfume.
Sexy, strong and lingering, makes you feel special.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Very sexy and has staying power; the body lotion is sufficient for day.

guynspfld
guynspfld

Sleazy? Hardly....I find this smell of "Old Money" Totally classy and timeless. A man's scent? I can't imagine wearing it. I love to smell it, but wearing it would be very feminine. It is a feminine smell....

weegee
weegee

Oy! Such a stink! I really wanted to like this, honest! I'm a big fan of chypres and orientals and the descriptions of this had put it on my "want this!" list for a long while. Yesterday I was able to sample-spray a bit and was totally put off by the public-restroom air freshener pungency. Hoped for a lovely dry-down though so I didn't wash it off. Two hours later in the grocery store I couldn't smell a thing but one by one the ladies in line behind me in the check-out lane wrinkled their noses and went to another line, so SOMETHING was still there in the drydown, but oh my, it was not pleasant. I wish I could have smelled the original formulation... such a disappointment!

UPDATE: OK, so I'm a glutton for punishment... Having read yet another glowingly positive review, I spritzed again in a store this afternoon. Nope. Still a really, really bad stink. This time I felt like Paloma herself was standing there slapping me silly and screaming "Like me! Like me! Why don't you like me?!" So sorry, Dovie. I just can't.

UPDATE #2: What is wrong with me?!? I just couldn't let go of a memory of someone smelling FANTASTIC while wearing this so I reread the reviews and bought a bottle with entirely black glass and all I can say is YES! YES! YES! panting, panting, YES! YES! The juice in the clear glass is the Beast to the black glass's Beauty. Deep, dark, rich, spicy, classy... this is the stuff. Oh yes, this IS the stuff!

Lime909
Lime909

I find it spicy, dark and heavy in a sophisticated and complicated sort of way.

My 2/3 full bottle is the original formula - xnyorkr, if you're desperately keen, let me know :-) but I'm in South Africa.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

In the past when i was younger i would say good this smells awful,but now i think it's nice.I like the bottle it's very classic and unique how the smell.I have a Opium Candle and i love the smell of it and this fragrance smells so similar to the candle,i know many people don't like such a smell mostly the teenagers and sweetness lover but for me it's relaxing and antique.The smell is floral, harsh,soapy and warm not sweet.This parfume is classic and for elegant,mature womans,good for special day's but also a everyday fragrance.

Zoya
Zoya

As someone here said- it smells exactly like all those gold 80's perfumes. Very soapy and strong. But I like having this one in my collection, I think the bottle looks very good. Bottom line, old-fashioned smell but hey, its good if you want to smell retro :)

tess@el.ca
tess@el.ca

I rarely wear this perfume. It is too strong and sharp on me and the dry down is awful. I know a woman who wears this almost exclusively and it is wonderful on her.

Superman9

I received compliments from friends whenever I use Paloma Picasso. This is a very special perfume to me. I'm glad I bought it again.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Very strong.Not for me smells like every other yellow gold colored perfume of the 80's.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

My mother used to wear this before she was pregnant, then she said she couldn't stand it... she recently revisited it, and I don't think it was quite right, but she smiled at the memories... maybe it's a little dated? I don't know, but I liked it in moderation. As it goes; less is more, sometimes.

sjanira
sjanira

Wow what a fragrance! and I mean this in a not so nice way. It's really sharp, strong and bitter!! just to mature for me. Some women out there can get away with a monster perfume like this and more power to them but not for me!

Hermesfan
Hermesfan

This fragrance became my HG after being too fed up with all that new gourmands and fruity florals. This is a seductive patchouli earthy scent rather intended to mature women but also to those not timid. It is definitely not a girly scent. The winer!

mymlan
mymlan

Paloma Picasso is a fragrance that requires its occasions. Eventhough its beautifully floral there is nothing pretty about it. The spicy accord together with the woody, mossy animalic base notes makes sure of that. On my skin Paloma Picasso becomes sophisticated and floral but also tough, almost aggressive with animalic, sexual undertones.

This perfume sharpens your mind, but also gives you the drive to implement your tasks. I wear this fragrance at work when I'm competitive, sitting as chairman or having negotiations. There is nothing ingratiating about this perfume, it is pure selfconfidence and independence. Because of its sexual undertones, it also works well in romantic situations with a person who appreciates confident women. And for you who wonder which version I review: It is the oval, entirely black Eau de Perfume.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This was my first real perfume and it is timeless. Dont use too much or you get a bitter smell. The body wash is a good light scent. It is a mature scent. No sweetness that I can smell.

kokica
kokica

...classical,magnificent chypre....eternal perfume, like Ungaro's Diva, Aromatics Elixir ,Coco....

glitteralex
glitteralex

Adressing chyprese's comments on the changed formulation of PP, I read recently that PP came out with Paloma Picasso in 1984, which was available in the EdT, EdP, and Parfum. It came in the black plastic bottle (pic #1 in the sidebar). Subsequently, she released "Paloma Picasso Eau de Toilette", a lighter, less formal, more fruity floral version of the original. This comes in a gold and frosted glas bottle of the same design as the original(pic #2 in the sidebar). Despite the moniker of "Paloma Picasso Eau de Toilette", this new version is available in both the EdT and EdP! I have never seen it in a parfum. It also comes in the traditional red/black packaging, just to confuse things. I have tested the 2 versions side-by-side and there is indeed a significant difference. I will retest both versions and get the official notes on the 2nd version of PP and post them tomorrow. Anyone else have info on this? Thanks-

Superman9

Bought this on Saturday. Wore it to work this morning. Lifts me up and beats the Monday morning blues.

Superman9

Love this one. Definitely will buy this again in the near future. Sexy and Classic.

dina
dina

Strong, classy and sophisticated.

gravdal
gravdal

this is probably one of the sexiest perfume

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

A big, grown-up, blaring perfume that is heavenly. It can be heavy, there is no doubt about that...this perfume is not sweet and is so different than the perfumes that are marketed today.It is obviously a perfume from the 80's when perfumes practically stood up and shouted who they were. But that's what I like about it. It's not for the shy.

sweetcookie

Sorry, something strange happened here.
I started to say- if you like florals with a "cool" timbre, and womanly, not girlish, scents, Paloma is for you.

sweetcookie

Classy, sophisticated, and florally crisp- that's Paloma. I've worn this a lot through the years. I

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Classic chypre. Heavy, rich, floral, without gram of candy, rather bitter. For determined, strong and sensual woman. Hard smell, but very interesting and orginal.

rebeca
rebeca

Very elegant in a classic style , feminine and sexy perfume! For women, not for very young girls. One of my favourites of all times! Beautiful perfume...

Scent lover
Scent lover

This is a true chypre perfume in old style and classical way.

Purssian
Purssian

Right Now Tutti Frutti is "IN"! But lets say you want something "SEXY" these heavier scents used in moderation definately stirs the emotions. As always use for the appropriate occasion! Never at the beach....:)!!!

chypresse
chypresse

I have worn this since I was a 20-something in the 80's. There seems to be this idea that if a perfume has been around for a while, it's "old lady." I assume this means that one isn't familiar with the classics. Somehow the chypres especially suffer from this, maybe because they are still unusual and unusually sophisticated. This is a complex, maybe "abstract" scent, b/c it does not conjure up just one (floral) note. The only difference in this fragrance that I have noticed through the years is that there seems to be a lower concentration of scent, ie more alcohol-- which is the opposite of heavy. Something about the this base does seem to create an allergic reaction. (I've never been convinced it's the scent ingredients that create the reaction, despite the new EU regs.) I compensate for this by spraying below the waist and away fom the nose, b/c I love this so much. The more linear, newer niche fragrances, and the fruity unisex and department store brands have less of this base evident. They also have less of the complexity and elegance. They are "skin scents," ie you have to be close to the skin to smell them and you can pick out the notes one after the other, i.e. linearly. If you get close enough, you will notice someone who smells like a honeydew melon, orange, lemon, maybe some musk, etc. If that's your thing, stick to the department stores. But hey, step out and try a classic. Your friends won't recognize it from the EL counter, and they may just think you have discriminating taste.

Giv1952
Giv1952

this the best perfume my mother has, others are Madamme Rochas, Organza, White Diamond

scenthound
scenthound

The saleslady at the Department store tried to sell me on this recently. It smells awful! Talk about heavy. I know a lot of fragrances have changed their 'ingredients' due to allergies and the likes, so I don't know if the previous reviewer is right about the changes in the scent. Regardless, this is what's out now and, if you have any respect for those around you, don't put this on unless you live alone in the hills and want the bears to stay away from you.

xnyorkr
xnyorkr

This was my absolute signature scent in the 80s and 90s. Sadly, they changed the formula sometime between then and now, and the dry down is horrible on me. If anyone has a bottle of the original formula, by all means please contact me!

2007

Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso 3.65 out of 5 based on 1346 ratings and 254 user reviews

Boots.com
Gift Set 0.2oz
Precious Collection
Precious Collection
Gift Set
WOMENS HAUTE VARIETY for WOMEN by Haute Collection SET-4 PIECE MINI VARIETY WITH TRESOR NOA SAFARI PALOMA PICASSO AND ALL ARE MINIS WITH CHARM BRACELET
Paloma Picasso
Paloma Picasso Perfume by Paloma Picasso, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gift Set
Prestige Et Collection Haute Collection Gift Set for Women, 5 Piece, 1 set
Prestige Et Collection Haute Collection Gift Set for Women, 5 Piece, 1 set
Gift Set 1.7oz
Paloma Picasso Gift Set by Paloma Picasso Gift Set for Women Includes 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 6.7 oz Body Lotion
Paloma Picasso Perfume by Paloma Picasso, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Paloma Picasso Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Gift Set 0.2oz
Premiere Collection
Premiere Collection
PALOMA PICASSO for WOMEN by Paloma Picasso SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 6.7 OZ
Paloma Picasso 2 Piece Gift Set for Women, 1 set
PALOMA PICASSO for WOMEN by Paloma Picasso EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Eau De Parfum
Paloma Picasso Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Paloma Picasso Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Paloma Picasso Perfume by Paloma Picasso, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Paloma Picasso Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Lotion 200ml 6.7oz 2pcs
Paloma Picasso Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Paloma Picasso Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paloma Picasso by Paloma Picasso represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.