Designers » N-Q » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

smoky
leather
vodka

Ambre Russe by Parfum d`Empire is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Ambre Russe was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Marc-Antoine Corticchiato. Top notes are champagne and vodka; middle notes are tea, cinnamon, coriander, birch, juniper and russian leather; base notes are incense, musk and amber.

Champagne Vodka

Tea Cinnamon Coriander Birch Juniper Russian Leather

Incense Musk Amber

Tendre Est La Nuit
1740 Marquis de Sade

Ambre Russe Fragrance Reviews

0_I_0
0_I_0

I have a strange relationship with this scent. My first time wearing it I was completly unimpressed, I spritzed it on my writsts and it was TOO boozy, cloying, and too much amber. then after dry-down it morphed in to a scent that I can only describe as "elderly." It wasn't extremely unpleasant, it just didn't mesh with me. A few days later I decided to give it another go, this time spritzing it on my shirt instead of my skin. What a difference! for some reason fabric completly balances this fragrance out, takes away any harshness and completly erradicates the "elderly" vibe I was picking up. I like it. I still don't entriely trust it, but I like it.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Faboulos Scent! Totally in love.

Aurelian21
Aurelian21

Juice from raisins xD amazing scent :)

Lana148
Lana148

Opens with a blast of deep amber and vodka... and I like it a lot.

Then, it turns bitter on my skin, not my favorite phrase, but thankfully it doesn't last. Dry-down is absolutely fabulous though. It's deep, a little dark, boozy and fruity.

I need this!

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

I bought a sample of this to see if it would be one of the amber scents that I love so much. On my skin, I get a sweet blast of amber with warm spices and incense in the background. I cannot say that it really did much of any morphing on my skin. It started out with a heavy, sweet, spice and amber and then mellowed to the something the same but more soft. The incense seemed to diminish but otherwise all the notes seemed very forward and consistent over time.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Ambre Russe opens with a short blast of vodka and sweet champagne, which is very short lived on me.

I then smell a familiar Russian Coriander very similar to the opening of Dior Patchouli Imperial but slightly toned down.

Next in line I pick up on the tea w/cinnamon, incense, and of course amber slowly making its appearance more known as the hours pass and very slowly trading places with the dominating Coriander heart, and becoming a very desirable skin scent.

The projection is soft to moderate for the first 3-4 hours then wearing very close afterwards. The longevity is very good lasting at least 8 hours in an indoor setting.

The Amber Gods have delivered yet another favorite!

allbookerka
allbookerka

Today I received new samples to try and this scent just stole my heart!

This is the whole atmosphere in one bottle. Not just a scent, but a mood that it gives to you. You feel like you've been taken away to a different country in different era. Imagine dancing in a huge hall all night in a long classic dress in a different century. And it's cold outside and snowing, but you feel magic in the air and music keeps playing and you feel like you're up to a new adventure.
This is Ambre Russe to me :)

First notes are strong, it's a mix of vodka, champagne and a little bit of birch, but as the scent develops it becomes sweeter and warmer, with a lot of amber, tea, church incense and cinnamon notes. Later you start noticing leather notes and just a little bit of juniper.
It's unusual and very "full" long lasting scent with moderate sillage.
I would not wear it on daily basis, but for special occasions it would be perfect.

PS. I'm going to put it on my wrist before going to bed so that I might feel this atmosphere again in my dreams :)

K1
K1

It's like sex in an attic floor while it rains hard outside.
This can't be a coincidence while I'm bored by all these amber perfumes a new amber fragrance took my heart away! The opening is just marvelous and costs every penny on this perfume. Of course amber is not what one reject for cold weather, everyone like amber perfumes!
It initiates with smooth vodka and cinnamon covered leathery theme with quickly rising amber/incense/wood trio. The opening transfers to the main theme so rapidly. So pity, I love that yummy warm air!
The main phase is still delicious with more cinnamon and bold incense over prominent boozed amber. I didn't champagne, but the vodka is clear.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

This house is amazing.
A majestic amber aureate with boozy chords, make this scent smoky, exotic, unique and wild at some point.
But with the entry of leather, soothes and comforts the senses, bringing a velvety on a sweet amber boozy accord, summarize splendid!

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

a sweet boozy amber with a velvety suede-like leather and some woods thrown in for good measure this syuff is amazing and worth every penny

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

One of my favourite fragrances from one of my favourite houses. Peculiar, golden boozy-tea take on amber, perfectly "russian" in fact, as you can clearly smell the alcohol, the tobacco, the leather, the tea leaves (well of course I am referring to Russian traditional stereotypes). Corticchiato's signature base accord of hay and musks is here too - so it definitely "smells Parfum d'Empire" - in a totally good way. Superb composition, as it is rich and tasty but really simple and balanced. For me, in my amber chart, an "ex-aequo" winner with Ambre Sultan and Ambre Precieux - the golden triad of ambers. Beautiful, refined, long-lasting licorice and amber drydown. Definitely worth a try, or if you are an amber lover, even a blind buy!

8,5/10

An amber perfume that smells like amber-citrus in the top, amber-leather-incense in the heart, and amber-birch in the drydown. This is a good quality amber, not necessarily my favorite, as I prefer a bit more sweetness, like Etro's amber. Ambre Russe reminds me of Sonoma Scent Studios Winter Woods, both being more autumnal that wintry. They both have that syrupy quality that I enjoy.

kiviivi
kiviivi

im loving it extremely syrupy sweet

houzi
houzi

Apparently Ambre Russe struck me as very indolic the first time I tried it, something I never experienced again though. I like how the amber here is infused with the fruitiness from smoked prune and the elegance from fizzy champagne, although this is more of an overall impression than my actually smelling the note. The perfume does have a boozy quality, but going by the reviews, I expected it to deliver a stronger punch.

The overall impression to my nose is of darkish, leathery amber dusted with powdery essence of prune, the smokey fruit stewed in some alcoholic concoction prior to being desiccated and ground into powdery mist, its tanginess, however, not completely wiped out.

I tend to be very sceptical about the background stories many perfumes come with; I often find them pretentious and rife with preconceived notions about places and cultures. This time, however, I'm kind of persuaded. I find myself enjoying the fabricated image of Russian decadence the perfume is going for: the lavish party in the middle of a crisp Russian winter, complete with ceaseless streams of spiced, ambery liquor, and aristocratic guests in sable fur coats too busy clinking their jewel-encrusted goblets to care about world's miseries.

Ambre Russe was a strong contender in my search for a perfect amber perfume - interesting, multifaceted, almost opulent, and rather dry. Plus it had none of the cooking herbs I found troublesome in other ambers (Ambre Sultan, Ambre 114). I would be quite happy to own a bottle, but my quest for perfection is not over:)

alberto1964
alberto1964

After sniffing gorgeus Aziyade I expecting much from Ambre Russe ... but I find it very easy. Pleasant but for me.

AkcijaGirl
AkcijaGirl

This is straight-up gorgeous. It has been a long time since a fragrance has made my eyes roll back up into my head, but this just did it for me. I put it on this morning, with little or no pre-formed ideas about the scent, and there it was.....a perfume that seems to have read my mind on the elements my perfect scent would have - boozy, rich, spicy, resinous, and with a strong overlay of black tea.

The opening reminds me of when I prepare my Christmas cake, which I start in late November. I first seep the mixed dried fruits (prunes, cherries, mixed peel, raisins and currants) in a mixture of hot black tea and either brandy, rum or Grand Marnier (basically any strong liquor I have lying around). The morning after, I take the fruit out of the seeping liquid, all softened and almost reconstituted to the forms they originally had prior to drying. The remaining liquid smells like the opening to Ambre Russe - a rich wave of booze, dried fruits, and the bracing, tannic black tea, slightly sweetened now, from contact with the fruit and rum.

This delicious black tea and alcohol accord is too rich and heady to be sustained throughout the life of the perfume - and indeed, you wouldn't want it to be, it is that rich - but that feeling remains cast over the amber like a fine black netting. The amber itself is, as Luca Turin said, one of the most dense, nutritious ambers in existence. Longevity is immense - this is strong stuff. Not sure about sillage, because nobody ever comments on my perfume, sniff sniff!

Once the weather turns cold again, I will be buying a bottle of this for sure. I cannot imagine being without it, now that I have smelled it.

ashandasphodel
ashandasphodel

I agree with carlosrafael's review: it smells almost identical to Fumerie Turque. Since that is my favorite perfume, that's not at all a bad thing. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get any boozy notes, this is straight tobacco with just the slightest hint of leather. Maybe I smell the vodka if I try hard enough. In any case, it's a bad girl perfume and I love it.

Second try: it's a lot less like Fumerie Turque this time. I can smell the vodka more this time around but not so much so that I smell like i just fell out of a bar. I love it just as much and hope to get a FB soon.

Kain
Kain

Another winner from the house and a solid amber based fragrance.
The opening is a boozy (which I don't like), sweet and spicy amber scent which is bold but inoffensive.
After a while the boozy feeling of the scent goes away and I can smell a sweet, spicy, slightly smoky amber with a little bit of dried fruits in the background.
It's a great and sensual smell and perfectly unisex.
It's linear and you will have this scent till the end.
Projection is really good and people can smell it and longevity is around 7-9 hours on my skin.

یه عطر خیلی خوب بر پایه رایحه کهربا که بوی آشنایی داره ولی خیلی خوشبو و جذابه و به طور حتم جرو بهترین های این سبک عطر هست
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر بوی شیرین و کمی تند و ادویه ای رایحه کهربا است
به خاطر استفاده از رایحه ودکا و شامپین عطر اولش یه حس کاملا مشخص الکلی داره که من خوشم نمیاد ولی بعد از 5-10 دقیقه از بین میره خوشبختانه
رایحه میانی و پایانی عطر بوی شیرین و دلنشین کهربا هست که مقدار مشخصی رایحه های ادویه ای و مقدار بسیار جزئی رایحه تلخ و دودی چرم و بخور اونو همراهی میکنن و حس مردانه تری بهش میدن
البته من یه بوی ضعیف میوه های خشک شده هم حس میکنم که تو رایحه های عطر ذکر نشده
رایحه چرم و بخور خیلی ملایمن و فقط یه ته بوی ضعیف دودی به عطر میدن
بوش در کل خطیه و از اول تا آخر تغییری به اون صورت نمیکنه
فقط اولش کمی الکیه که از بین میره و به مرور کمی دودی میشه
پخش بوش خیلی خوبه و ماندگاریش هم بین 7-9 ساعت روی پوست هست

hadassa
hadassa

The opening is like putting your nose into a shot glass of vodka, gosh, what a crazy verisimilitude. Champagne is here, too. This is the booziest opening ever, it's so strong that my eyes start to water, although I'm partly Russian myself ;)

However, this perfume is not about it. It's about slightly smoky and leathery warm amber with a hint of tea and cinnamon (the sweet tea note reminds me of the Russian tradition to drink steaming hot tea with lots of sugar).

I also get some aromatic vibe (juniper?), church incense (not too much of it), powdery leather, birch, and something slightly vanillic.

Overall this is a superb perfume, opulent and expressive. I would say it's a bit too "dressy" and classic smelling for my likes, which makes it a great choice for those who are looking for a complex, grown up amber.

The longevity is excellent. This is a must try for all amber lovers.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Beautiful spicy amber...

I fell in love with Serge Luten's Fumerie Turque from a sample I was given. I really liked the tobacco and spice combination there. When time came to buy it, SL had just removed Fumerie Turque from the market and classified it as an "export only" fragrance (meaning, the only way to buy it is directly from SL as a 100 ml bell jar fragrance at double the price). So I contacted LuckyScent to see if they had anything similar...they recommended Ambre Russe.

AR hits me immediately with a spicy combination of a light tobacco and amber. The initial blast is also accompanied by this sweetness that I cannot pin point. If this is the infamous champagne note, it does not smell like champagne to me; however, it is delicious. Soon enough the spices (vanilla and coriander) kick in, just in the perfect amounts. I can detect a little incense way in the background. But I don't get the vodka smell.

NOW, PREPARE FOR THE CLENCHER...despite my mentioning tobacco above, I came to find out that Ambre Russe DOES NOT have tobacco as a note, even though the composition does exude a very distinct tobacco smell, which many people have reported. I think the combination of leather and tea in this composition produces a tobacco accord (if indeed there is no tobacco).

Both the projection and silage are way above average.

I receive complements when I wear this fragrance. People like it and want to know what I wear...AR is all love to me.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Ambre Russe is a very well done scent opening with heavy incense, boozy almost bitter liquor in the background, saddle and boot leather and horsey barnyard smells prominent for a few minutes. Then it develops into a spiced tea scent and finally dries down to a lovely soft amber with incense, cinnamon and coriander. The drydown remains for hours as a skin scent. Sillage is mild on my skin and the longevity pretty good but it is a skin scent only for most of the time.

I keep re-applying it so I can go through the development again and again. I wish the leather and those lovely horsey smells lasted through the drydown, but I can only smell the leather very faintly in the background in the drydown. I do like this very much and am considering a FB.

veda
veda

I can't smell the vodka when I put it on but it's much coriander, champagne and amber!It is very long lasting I mean 2 days on my clothes.The day after I wore it I smelled -surprise- vodka, woody, green and something like a sister of Bois De Paradis DelRae.Two from the basenotes are the same by the way so this is not so unusual.If you are looking for something strong and woody Et Voila!!

Terribruce
Terribruce

Gorgeous - rum and raisin

wilbs
wilbs

As I handed the ticket I'd validated upon boarding the last train of the night, I could see the suspicion from the twitch of the inspector's salted, yet well-groomed moustache.

Other than the ticket inspector and myself, the carriage was empty, save a Vietnamese couple keeping guard of their crocheted shopping bags filled with carrots, potatoes and sprouts.

I couldn't help but recall a line I'd heard a stand-up comedian say at a gala, 'if you find yourself on public transport without the token crazy person; bearded, filthy and with their track pants just a little too high, chances are YOU are him.'

Wearing this perfume on the train, in the absence of the crazy person, I realised it was indeed me. Albeit beardless with trousers unhitched, it was my wild shock of hair and the waft of Bundaberg Rum emanating from the space I occupied.

Karenin
Karenin

With the advent of the winter season, my heart and nose crave for a full-bodied perfume that would be capable of filling my nostrils with joy and excitement, so scarce in the bleak days of winter. Since I am a self-confessed amber fanatic, I´ve decided to sample several scents containing this note. And thus I´ve discovered “Ambre Russe” from Parfum d ´Empire.

“Ambre Russe” represents an olfactory impression of Tsarist Russia, with all its glory and demise. To me, a romanticised (and clichéd!) image of Russia includes a snow-covered land, with a troika passing through it swiftly, with its passengers who can´t wait to drink hot, sweet tea from a samovar or a glass of (omnipresent) vodka. Although “Ambre Russe” might not evoke all of these images, it does offer us a phantasmagorical peek into the opulence of aristocratic palaces as well as the imperial court. It´s presented as “boozy amber”, which is actually the most appropriate way of describing it. The booziness is predominant in the head, whereas in the heart the honeyed sweetness of tea and amber gradually take over the reins. The base of the fragrance features incense and musk, which bring out its sexy, if not animalic, character.

I must admit I was smitten by “Ambre Russe” the moment I smelled it for the first time. It´s an extroverted, long-lasting and immensely satisfying perfume. It´s perfect for those who, during freezing winters, find solace in their fragrance. Kudos, Marc-Antoine Corticchiato!

Yehoshua@me
Yehoshua@me

Tantalizing boozinezz taken to the next level. This juice is very deep and opulent, it's champagne and vodka vibe in the opening is to faint for, and as it gets to the heart the richness just translates to a Lounge filled with exquisite premium cigars billows in the air and worn century old leather couches in the scenario: the amber is felt in all facets and blended very nicely in there and the dirtyness-skankyness well tamed but done right...
This juice could have gone for 5 times it's price , so a bargain at set price and a steal with such quality ingredients that are sense from the get go....plus heavily leaning towards the MASCULINE Arena of the Gladiators...

Btw : the cinammon comes to play a great supporting act in the heart but in the front of the background very subtle but obvious ...beautifully blended in the composition...

lwil6605
lwil6605

It's like riding in a first class train carriage.... next to an alcoholic

Thumbs up though!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

BOOZY SWEET AMBER

…and throw in some smoke. And a touch sour.

It's all there - top to bottom, for hours.

Fascinating fragrance. It's showy, all right.

There's no hiding wearing this stuff - so choose your occasion wisely.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

I'm testing this from a small 0.7ml vial so I couldn't do my usual number of spray but I feel it has better projection and longevity than Ambre Sultan (AS) by Serge Lutens. I get mostly creamy amber and coriander with incense and alcoholic smell in the background at the opening. It smells very similar to AS without the prominent bay leaf. It also smells very similar to Blue Amber (BA) by Montale except that coriander is more pronounced in BA. I think I would pass on this one. I like it but I think I'm doing just fine with my AS.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is a huge, huge perfume. When I got the sample I blithely spritzed my wrist, unaware of what I was messing with. I think I might be hypersensitive to amber because it was absolutely horrible. Something like burning tires. I've never scrubbed a perfume before but I ran to scrub this one. Three times with soap and I could still smell it. Finally I got a washcloth and soaped several times.

So this stuff is strong and has to be treated with respect. I'm something of an optimist and I'd hate to waste a sample. So I thought maybe something about my body chemistry and sprayed it on paper. I did this one night before I went to bed and left it on the bathroom sink. The next evening when I came downstairs, the entire bathroom and the family room next to it smelled of sweet amber, leather and tobacco. It smelled like a gentleman's club. Now I'm remembering L'artisan has an amber room freshener that I've never smelled and thinking that is what I'll use this stuff for. It's so strong I can't imagine anyone wearing it.

batkitty
batkitty

My oh my, what an incredible, regal amber! A slightly tart champagne in the opening few minutes, and then smoky tea and tobacco join in, with a flick of cinnamon and incense on top of the most gorgeous amber drydown I've ever smelled. Not for everyday wear I admit, but when I crave it nothing else comes close--it's the most complex and glorious amber I've worn. And 12 hours later, after the party, the feast, and the dancing, I wake up to a gentle whisper of sweet amber still on my wrist reminding me what a wonderful evening it was.

Hoxx
Hoxx

With this Empire's creation you have an amber interpretation that is complex, unique, with a necessary oriental feel.

It begins with boozy, alcoholic smell with maybe a drop of sparkling wine. Soon after it smoothly becomes spicy with cinnamon and tea heart. Getting closer to the drydown it adds incense and, in the drydown itself, a lovely leather note. All of that blanketed with a honeyed amber accord.

It's incredible how you can feel the amber note all the time, in few different fashions, and yet all of them are magnificent, no matter if boozy, spicy or leathery. That way you won't be disappointed with a single point in a fragrance pyramid of Ambre Russe.

Like all Parfum d'Empire's scents I had the pleasure to try, this one is projecting well and lasts for a long time. Also, considering its quality, it's quite cheap. A bit heavy for summer, more suitable for winter time and in night. This is a divine fragrance, a true leader among the Empire's products.

9.5/10

Roge'
Roge'

WHOA! Just blind bought this. Love it! This fragrance is going to be the reason why i will stop buying designer fragrances...You have to be open minded to really enjoy this one. There is a lot of notes see-sawing through the duration of this parfum. When smelling this scent, the boozy notes make me think of a well dressed alcoholic. At $75 for a 50ml, this is the steal of all steals!

antfarm
antfarm

Sultry, salty, smoky amber. Thankfully I don't get any liquor notes at all. Definitely a night-out fragrance; too rich and dense for daily wear. Best niche amber for an affordable price.

Deevee
Deevee

First off, for the folks who complain this smells like vodka. People, what does vodka smell like? Stick your nose in a vodka bottle and take a deep sniff. Nothing. Vodka is a neutral spirit, unlike whiskey or gin. Other than the alcohol itself, vodka has no odor.

So, that said, hot out of the bottle, this perfume packs a punch. There is a lot going on in those first 15 minutes or so. It's complex (and strong!) enough that I can't easily describe individual notes. Something in there reminds me of dry white wine and tannins. It’s a little acrid even. After those first few minutes, it settles into something very nice! To me, it's as much tea and leather as amber for the first hour or two. Although it's not listed as a note, I get tobacco, like an old humidor that has been used to hold fine quality cigars. Well balanced and enjoyable.

After that, for the duration, it's the nicest, smoothest, glowing warm amber you can imagine. This is very long lasting scent that wraps around you like a favorite cashmere sweater. I predict a long long love affair between me and this perfume.

babsyfish
babsyfish

Though technically not a gemstone, amber, especially the renowned Baltic amber, is one of my favorite jewels and healing stones. Its liquid light and its warmth against the skin, unlike the coldness of other stones, are exceptionally soothing and grounding. There is also something sublimely humbling about gazing into a glossy bulb of honeyed amber and realizing that you are looking into a thing that is so primal that it exceeds human imagination, innovation, even existence. It is no small wonder that amber was once regarded more valuable than gold.

Sadly, since the advent of plastics, amber is easily duped, along with many an unsuspecting buyer. However, there are several ways to determine if the amber in question is authentic. Real amber is, as mentioned, warm to the touch, but it is also unexpectedly lightweight and has buoyancy. It will bob lithely upon salt water, while glass or plastic mimics will sink straight to the bottom. Real amber has a taste, so to speak: it produces a sort of prickly sensation on the tongue, whereas plastic knockoffs taste like, well, plastic. Real amber is electric! Literally. If briskly rubbed with a fine cloth, it generates an attractive charge. Real amber, despite its soft, pliant appearance, is fragile. It is easily pierced or scratched or cracked, and when touched with a hot object or open flame, instead of melting, it will smoke and burn, just like a smoldering cone of incense. More importantly, when real amber is heated up—and it only takes the vigorous friction of human hands to do so—it emits the faint, but sultry, aroma of ancient pine-resin forests, a feat that no cheap piece of plastic could ever replicate.

Amber is truly an amazing nugget of Nature’s patient diligence, durability, and stunning beauty. It reminds us how old, rich, and mysterious our world is and how young, alive, and full of potential we are. And just in case you were wondering whether or not Parfum d’Empire’s Ambre Russe is genuine Baltic amber: Yes. Yes, it is.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I love perfume and do not believe in Dups, or knock offs...But in this case I was shocked to find a dupe of this at Daystar Fragrances while doing my regular candle, soap, fragrance shopping to make my personal items, which I decanted with Everclear. Does anyone know if dups have the same notes? I was shocked how write on target this dup was. I know many fragrances these days are not entirely made of essential oils and instead chemical components.

ravenna
ravenna

What a rich take on amber! And I mean rich in every sense of the word... Ambre Russe blasts off with a bang. The vodka note is in part responsible for this effect, and although many complain about it, on me the vodka only lasts maybe ten minutes, and didn't bother me one bit. What I did find bothersome was a certain fruitiness that lasted for the first few hours, is this the champagne? This fruity sensation was amped by the presence of cinnamon which frequently steered the scent to the land of apple pie in my minds eye. If you like gourmands, this may be welcome for you. Sauntering around in this fruit is a very complex and opulent amber that is swoon worthy, although perhaps a tad "synthetic."

After the sweet fruitiness at last wears off, I am left with a gorgeous, dark and brooding amber that I wish I didn't have to wait so long for, it's really something special. I especially like the hints of leather and smoke that peak through more and more into the drydown, keeping the amber in a more interesting category than a completely straighforward take might feel to me.

While this is a fairly sweet scent, it manages to stay within the bounds of a balance I can appreciate- this is not the sickly sweet amber of L'Occitane or others of that kind. Regardless, Ambre Russe accomplishes it's goal in the extreme. Evoking a certain sense of wealth, luxury, and abandon, I imagine this scent radiating from from a grande dame in high drag, teetering drunkenly in her impossible heels. However this is not really a personae I ever feel comfortable in. So, I have enjoyed the ride and can see why many would call this their amber holy grail, but I'm afraid Ambre Russe is not really a scent that I feel is very "me"... quite subjective indeed. Happy sniffing!

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very nice. Starts out boozy with tea and leather popping out. The boozy dies down as the honey and cumin comes in. Lastly it's a spicy vanilla vibe at the end. Good projection and it last a solid 10 hours on me. This is not an everyday scent and would be difficult to wear except for clubbing to me. 9/10.

Espi
Espi

Wearing Ambre Russe is like sitting next to a drunk but very attractive Russian sailor in a nice and comfortable pub. The only thing I don't really get is why he's got spiced honey smeared all over his body! :)
Quite the intoxicating smell: it is only the 2nd time wearing Ambre Russe since buying the entire sample pack in June last year. At the time it made a big enough impact to make me all excited at the prospect of wearing it again some day in January. Yesterday (Jan 9) was the day to which I had pinpointed it a while ago, based on accords (smoky, animalic, warm spicy) and notes (rum, amber, vodka,incense, honey, coriander) that were assigned seasons. If it had not been un-seasonally warm for January, the perfect scent for icy cold days to stay warm.
Very typically, Ambre Russe is a scent that allows you to travel to faraway places, yet it stays wearable, even on semi-formal occasions. Suitable for both men and women, though I can see some women may shy away from smelling too boozy.

kankri
kankri

I woke up today and I decided I wanted to wear something with amber. It's not a note I'm really a big fan of - more often than not, it seems pretty boring and linear to me. But I went ahead with it and chose Ambre Russe.

It was a perfect day for it; a bleak and bitterly cold, gray winter day. Ambre Russe is very strong, though, with way more projection than I was expecting - I definitely sprayed on too much, but I found I didn't really mind. I spent the day surrounded in a deliciously spicy, boozy amber cloak. It felt as if I could barely feel the cold (probably more because of my jacket than the perfume, though it's nice to imagine).

At first spray Ambre Russe is sharply alcoholic, though it quickly sweetens as the amber comes in. I don't get very much leather from this, though I can recognize just about every other note, it's very blended on me - almost a single smell. Very honeyed and spicy, though after a few hours the spices fade off, leaving only the sweet, honeyed amber. It lasted about 8 hours on me - at that point it definitely didn't have the monstrous projection it started with, but it was still noticeable if you walked by.

Overall I like this. I'm not sure if I'll be getting an entire bottle, though.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Wonderful opening - rich, with an alcohol note. Then, a warm honeyed amber. Unfortunately, I did not get much in the way of spices as it developed; it remained a very sweet honey-amber, overwhelming and a bit headache inducing. Later, there was a tobacco with hints of leather, but still the sweetness was the primary note. It is very strong, very long-lasting, and has a strong silage, so apply with care.

dollars&scents
dollars&scents

Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire - Initially, one is treated to a heady, spirituous accord, supplied by the bitter, salty vodka and the bracing, effervescent champagne, with an underlying faint sweetness from the amber. This bozziness meanders to the spicy middle. It is here in the stewing heart that an astringent and sour coriander, a sweat-laden cumin and a dusty cinnamon infuse a bath of sweet and powdery tea which subsumes the opening. A somewhat creamy and smoky brew flows to the waiting base. A wonderful leather is the underpinning of the impressive drydown, with the leather initially giving a saddle leather feel then morphing into a smoky suede, carrying the honeyed and sultry amber to interact with a restrained and dark incense, whose tenacity tones down the amber's sweetness. A relished journey, this well crafted and refined composition has very good longevity and projection. Its multifaceted amber star has a terrific cast of supporting players.

Eurochic
Eurochic

I love amber. My favourite is Ambre extreme by l'artisan parfumeur, followed by ambre sultan by Serge Lutens.
I got a sample of this Ambre Russe, and even before I sprayed it, the smell of leather wafted from the box. This is not at all like Ambre extreme or Ambre sultan. The top notes are boozy, very sharp. Later on, I get leather, leather, leather. That leathery scent continues for hours, blended with the booze. And like Heverton said, it lasts a long time, a very long time. After more than 7 hours did I finally get some softness. Until then, on me it was too sharp, too masculine. I will probably have to layer this with a sweet scent, maybe tonka bean, to make it less harsh. That being said, it is a wonderful scent, it just isn't what I expected it to be. Personally, I couldn't detect the amber in it. And I have to give this top marks for longevity. I think this is the first perfume I tried that I can still smell after my shower! Wow!
To me it isn't FB worthy, but I'm going to keep and cherish my sample to induce some leather in some of my perfumes that lack that little extra punch.

Zobeide
Zobeide

I obtained my sample of Ambre Russe in a sample set of Parfum d'Empire's 13 fragrances which I ordered online for approx 22 euros (I can't recall the exact figure). They were delivered to me in Australia within a fortnight.

Ambre Russe stands out as my favourite in the range so far. It also stands out in the long line of amber fragrances I've sampled over the past 6 weeks. I've tried L'Artisan's L'eau d'Ambre, Brecourt's Ambre Noir, Etro's Ambra, Juliette has a Gun's Calamity J., Lutens' Ambre Sultan and Anick Goutal's Ambre Fetiche. In terms of sillage, Ambre Russe, alongside L'eau d'Ambre and Calamity J, is unusual in that it has a lasting moderate sillage - in comparison to most of the amber frags I've tried, which seem on the whole to wear close to the skin after the first half-hour or so. But, whereas L'eau d'A's sillage is snuggly-powdery- vanilla, and CJ's is dominated by iris, AR's is like the fumes rising from a warm brandy balloon.... and it continues to project for hours.

AR opens with a smokiness which is aromatic without the acrid dryness of Ambre Fetiche, and this smokiness soon fades to a soft, warm incense blending well with the spices to become one among several well-balanced facets of the fragrance. Hints of soft powderiness occasionally emerge through the moist, warmly comforting, boozy sweetness, and the resin/benzoin/labdanum lend depth in a satisfying counterpoint to the always gentle sweetness. I also find this counterpoint of subtle sweetness and resin in Ambre Sultan, which shares good longevity with AR but wears very close to the skin on me.

The "booziness" of Ambre Russe doesn't dominate the other elements, but it is always there, even 2 days later on the sleeve of the woolly jumper I wore last time I tested it. For me, this presents a dilemma, I've fallen for Ambre Russe... but I fear that if I wear it to work my colleagues might start tactfully asking about my drinking habits. So, Ambre Russe will have to remain a weekend and evening fragrance for me - though my date might suspect me of being a secret tippler! :)

Ambre Russe is likely to become a favourite winter-comfort fragrance for me.

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

My god, massive thank you to Vickalena for including this scent in the sample bundle she swapped with me. I love this so much, and am so glad I got to sample it.

This is a really striking scent. It commands attention. The first spray is nearly unbearably boozy. It smells like a sleazy night out with some unsavoury types. Glorious.

It mellows to something still boozy, but bitter and softer too. It's serious and has an undercurrent of violence; it's almost threatening.

...Ugh, this is so classy I want to drown in it. Luxury in a bottle.

aschiffm
aschiffm

hmmm just smells like cigarettes and booze when you put it on. slowly the amber becomes more prominent. cinnamon and sweeter amber start showing and booze and smoke fades away. its intriguing and i like the idea of it but not sure if i want to smell like smoke and alcohol in the beginning , if i did i would just go to the bar! (also it started to give me a headache.. had to take a shower)

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Clear, languid, reassuring amber that's cradled by a hint of olive. This combination steers away from the more powdery traits of amber, and it aims toward a time and place whose relics are discovered in a 100 year-old trunk. Gorgeous opulence for a man or a woman.

Heverton
Heverton

Ambre Russe opens up with a very boozy note attached into it, with the effervescent aspect of champagne combined with the high alcoholic aspect of a vodka mixed with coriander sounding almost like rum to my nose!

Give it some minutes and a dark aura will rise with the appareance of incense and a very rich/warm amber note that lasts until the end of this fragrance which by the way takes a very long time.

Anyway, a very good fragrance by the house of Parfum d'Empire

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I'm not a heavy drinker but all those boozy notes and spices made me salivate. My dear friend Yamba1 sent me a sample and my curiosity is more than satisfied. The amber is so well incorporated that I cannot really detect it at all as an individual note; this whole thing is very well blended. There is of course a general booziness to it, and it is a warm, sweet, slightly smoky cold-weather gem. Just wearing it today when the temperature is 9 degrees Celsius has warmed the cockles of my heart. For amber lovers it is a must, but just don't expect an overwhelming amber note.

Even though it is not listed, I seem to detect a bit of patchouli in there - it has certain qualities similar to Les Nereides Patchouli Antique.

Majesty
Majesty

That's my third attemp on Parfum d'Empire and again I can't find anything that I truly like.Ambre Russe is an ''alcoholic''sweet amber.Lots of vodka and rum,feels like I am in a bar sitting,drinking and getting drunk!Something is bothering me in this composition.Might be the vodka or generally the huge amount of alcoholic beverages in Ambre Russe.Also the fact that I don't drink!The only good thing is the exorbitant lasting power,4 hours later and it still goes on..

Yamba1
Yamba1

I've been wearing Ambre Russe for half a day and applied fairly liberally from my small vial. God god! I wish I'd read the reviews first and the cautionary words about over application!
The opening is a knockout blow of pure booze which is rather decadent for those who love a punch to their perfumes. From there, the honey and amber swirl around and the alcohol mixes with the amber, leather and spices to give a dense, luscious amber brew.

It demands attention from all those around, and to be honest, I found it a little too exhausting for me today. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and it was totally the wrong day for Ambre Russe. As beautiful as it is, it has been competing for my attention all day.

This is a very special creation and one of the finest ambers I've tried, however I would recommend this for cold weather only, and especially when you want to be noticed.

***And please, apply carefully!

emily7
emily7

Dark, bold, rude, hence very suitable for some serious party time in the Balkan region country of your choice. Yes, plenty of alcohol - vodka, rum, combined with ridiculously cheap domestic label champagne flowing in streams - consumed in a nicotine-smoky atmosphere by the ol' black furnace in the dirty corner where the mighty pile of wrinkled cigarettes rests in the chipped ashtray.
This party is not for a lady, that's for sure, so she will know when's the time to leave gracefully.

But, it's clear that this imaginary lady - or any other innocent, well behaved girl - will never learn of an immense gap existing between a happy, dancing party-peak... and an inevitable downfall that follows; alcohol withdraws, melancholy remains. Warm, sweet spices cooked into liquid, amber-coloured honey that won't heal an eternal blues of a Slavic man, but will warm up his body and refresh his soul.
It's almost like a strange and still not familiar enough boyfriend declaring love to you in a room full of screaming people and loud music playing. Kisses on the snow and the smell of his leather jacket (and vodka). Repulsive and appealing at the same time.
Keeps you warm in cold winter nights.

p.s. I love you V.

Parfums d'Empire AMBRE RUSSE is a dark and spicy amber perfume with big sillage. This is a potent little number which needs to be sparingly applied in order to be enjoyed. Definitely a winter-time perfume—a bit on the heavy side, in fact.

AMBRE RUSSE numbers among what I refer to as the "sledgehammer" ambers, with the distinction that black tea and leather figure prominently in this composition. There are so many amber perfumes in production and new ones constantly coming out that we can afford to be very, very picky...

lindsayxsc
lindsayxsc

A gorgeous middle-age woman is smoking. Velvet curtains. Dressed up and enjoy opera at night - those are images this fragrance brings to me. This one is quite faminine in my opinion, especially when it stays longer on my skin. It is getting sweeter but remains the indipendent, elegant attitude. I like it but maybe I'm too young to wear it now.

kris919
kris919

I ordered this sample because of the list of great notes. I have one problem with this : all I can really smell in the opening is rich rich amber and musty old basement. Specifically, the musty basement of my Aunt's old brownstone walk-up in Brooklyn back in the 80s. She had a pretty much fossilized 60s looking home bar in her basement that had lots of old rum and vodka bottles, in the same area of the basement was gym equipment that my older cousins would use to work out. So what I have here is a perfume that opens with rich thick balmy amber, rum , musty basement, and colonge-y man sweat. Yeah, kinda gross. Now, with that being said..this changes and dries down to true warm amber awesomeness. I feel that anyone into interesting well-made perfect amber scents will really love and enjoy this perfume especially 20-25 minutes into it and onward...But that opening is really really weird for me! strange random limbic memory to have uncovered via scent. not a fan of the sweat thing ha

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

If my pipe smoking, boozer Granddad was sexy and sweet, this is what he would have smelled like.
Gorgeous and comforting and wicked.

Skippykat
Skippykat

Ambre Russe is my dirty little secret ; ) Very boozy on the opening (which could throw some people off), it simmers down to a slightly sweet mix of incense, leather, tea and honey. The leather and incense lend a hint of S&M while the honey and tea notes add a nice twist not commonly found in other amber fragrances.
As a strong power perfume with massive sillage, I tend to wear it when I'm on one of my little "I feel so awesome it hurts" ego trips. Yes, this is the upturned nose and downward glance. Positively decadent, the only word to throughly describe this one is "aristocratic". This amber is oh so wrong, but in all the right ways.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I got this sample along with 3 others. The first time I tried all of them at the same time and got confused. Today, I woke up and saw a thin layer of ice on my car. It was about 38F, cold for me but probably a joke to others :).Anyway, it was cold, and I decided to test this perfume ALONE. Oh my goodness, I fell in love with it the first moment I smelt my wrist. It's sooo warm and calming. I could detect the incence right away. Rum? Yes, it's there. I think that's why the woody scent was dry yet smooth, not harrassing my nose at all like other dry scents.
I LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Where I'm from in London there used to be a little tobacconists (before smoking became as bad as a dose of leprosy) with rows and rows of exotic flavoured pipe tobaccos, exquisite carved walnut pipes and little breath mints on the deep mahogany counter. This smells exactly like it. Absolutely gorgeous, and lovely on me and my husband...

Scentrist
Scentrist

I LOVE Amber Russe! This is such a creative combination -- Amber, Leather, Vodka, Champagne? Spices? Add in the coriander, cinnamon and top it all off with incense, and this is simply sparkling, not what you'd expect from an amber at all. It's perhaps the booziest amber I've ever smelled, but it works in the most captivating manner.

Others have made reference to a cloying property to Ambre Russe -- your mileage may vary, but that wasn't my experience at all. This was durable and had great longevity, but was never suffocating in the way other ambers can tend. The leather and lightness of the champagne seem to balance the overall combination. Both elegant, sophisticated, and simply it's just gorgeous. Wearing it seems like a wonderful decadence that one grows to crave.

Astounding! If nothing else, sample it and see.

If you like your amber to be boozy in the opening and smoky/leathery in the drydonw with hints of incense, then you've probably found your holy grail. Warm, powerful, rich but extremely well balanced. Me? I'm fine with the more classic Ambre Precieux or the herbal/medicinal Ambre Sultan.

That said, this is still top quality stuff. Bravo to Marc-Antoine Corticchiato.

hnyc
hnyc

This is a very nice amber!! The opening on me is all vodka and rum, it then quickly moves into sweetness, honey, cinnamon and the amber is there throughout. Actually the rum is there throughout also, but less of a sharp alcoholic rum, more of like a dark sweet rum, I imagine this smells like being in havana drinking a cuba libre! YUM...

Cereza
Cereza

Warm, boozy and extremely sweet. For me the opening is delicious honey + tobacco + rum combo with just a slight hint of powdery and sweet leather. I wished for more tea note though, but I can't complain about what I'm smelling.
At the heart part for me hits vanilla with cinnamon and this smells just delicious and very, very edible. The sweet/powdery accord is a bit too much/strong for me, but I really enjoy how this smells.
The only downside would be that I have a slight feeling that this might enduce headache for me and I might bored quickly as I find this to be too rich/too much/too sweet. Something just over-added.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This is just what i needed. A cold weather, winter warmer.
Good tobacco by a fireplace, high quality, oakey-vannilic booze, and something vaguely medicinal for a moment. Well worn leather chairs, polished woods, and an old book.
Tea, and wild honey, exotic spices. Its easy to feel a sense of warm, sultry air gently moving, and forget the cold, embrace the warm, silken, amber arua that beckons. This scent wears extremely well on my skin, which suprises me, because i normally do not care for amber. My warm chemistry made sweet love to this gorgeous perfume and an inexplicable, implacable, spine tingling sensuality was the result, and i am hoplessly addicted. This is the kind of fragrance that has the effect of a narcotic haze, as it is too much, and not enough. Ambre russie is an indulgence in the extreme, and sweet to excess. It is sinful, and decadent, hedonistically luxurious. I am afraid to smell this on a man.. It will be my ruin.

I tried layering this over an old application of encens flamboyant=wow. If you like a little exciting masculine, i dare you.

update, it is too heavy for summer, unless you just give in to the too hot days and lay around in a golden haze..

next to try giving it a little more woods with some iso e super... what a great scent.

Thank you NLS!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Whoa! Ambre Russe opens on my skin as booze and tobacco. It reeks of fine cigars and even finer brandy served in a sparkling crystal snifter. Smells very expensive and very LOUD! One drop of this scent is almost too much, at least for the first hour or so.

After that, it dries down to a beautiful but fairly typical amber/oriental scent.

This is a heavy scent that would be best for wintertime only, and definitely not one to wear when you'll be sharing a small space with others. I can only imagine that this baby could choke a horse if applied in hot, humid weather.

Very beautiful fragrance overall, with good sillage and persistence. 100% unisex and a must-try for fans of amber scents--it's one of the prettiest I have encountered in quite some time.

Migotka
Migotka

My first impressions of this fragrance was a loud smack of leather and rum. Wow.

Ambre Russe is certainly something that stands out from the crowd. Strong, soaked in alcohol and spices, it could have been a fragrance of kings (and some queens) back in the good old times when monarchs actually ruled rather than spent time in nightclubs or on the covers of the Sun.

All the listed notes are there, and they are very strong and powerful. There is amber, coriander, vanilla and honey that together with cinnamon and coriander create this spicy, smoky background to leather and vodka. The whole thing seems very, very thick, if you know what I mean, dark, intoxicating. Probably the first scent since Black Orchid that is so heavy in everything it contains and that I really, really love.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I have been waiting for my bottle from Luckyscent.com.. and it finally arrived..
Yes ... Vodka and Champagne are the effervescent top notes to hit me ..
then there is...
a dark tea that takes over ....
it's the honeyed amber/ incense /leather base that remains
on my skin that I find sooo Enchanting.
This fragrance ...has subtle nuances to delight you...

A top notch Fragrance ...
very Elegant and Sophisticated...
it doesn't scream..
"Smell me .. I'm Rich!"

A person wears it .. not for others to declare how amazingly classy you are ..
but you wear it for yourself..
because you know you are Elegant and Sophisticated .. and yes .. quite possibly RICH.

hollycat
hollycat

VERY strong this one. And that says a lot coming from me because I find most scents a bit too subtle. Longevity and Silliage are fantastic, but it is way too strong for me. And all I smell is pure Amber and nothing else. Cant see myself getting into this one

goldeneye
goldeneye

se inicia con una explosion alcoholica de ron y vodka junto a un efecto burbujeante, me imagino que de champagne.Las especias y el humo de cigarros puros hacen el resto.Lo recomiendo a sibaritas y gentes mundanas.

dacha
dacha

I've tried a few different Ambers. Prescieux and Extreme for example but this ones the best, it's a homecoming party for people of all ages and sexes, tea, incense, booze and a touch of leather all wrapped in a lovely amber blanket. If you can't be happy in this scent you gotta give up on parties.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Mmmm...quite pleasing to my senses.

I get vodka at full force in the beginning, but quickly moves on to the next few notes---which on ME, is incense mixed with a pinch of coriander. After two minutes or so, I sense a dash of cinnamon mixed in. Then, if you're looking for it, you can smell some honeyed tea and a bit of amber. I don't get any Rum or Leather, but towards the end, I finally get a bit of the vanilla...but just a smudge. The dry down is definitely different from the beginning. Very soft, slightly fruity, but with just a hint of incense. Beautiful. This is exactly the way fine-quality perfumed incense should smell like.

Boggi
Boggi

It's been a long time since I wrote a review, but I just one to join the club of liking this amber.
Very fruity amber, but at the same time strong and liqury.

mellybee
mellybee

Ambre Russe is an unusual amber fragrance, an homage to Tsarist Russia.

I get an initial blast of vodka and champagne reinforced by cinnamon and honey. This opening is way too boozy and not pleasant at all for my nose and unfortunately it lasts quite a long. (Only if I could smell the opening notes so long at many other fragrances...)

Sweet and dry accords are playing tag, in the first moment the sweet fruity vodka note (or vodka-soaked dried fruits - it gets sweet enough to cloy) dominates and then dry smoky wood and frankincense notes pop up while tea note peeks through the composition. This tea is an overbrewed strong black tea with a generous amount of honey.
Being a disliker of leather note in fragrances, I'm really glad that there is just a hint of leather underneath.
As the fragrance reaches the drydown it is mostly straightforward amber.

While I can appreciate Ambre Russe, this is far from anything I enjoy wearing as perfume.

Auguszta
Auguszta

This is the most wonderful boozy amber I can think of. A real pick-me-up scent for me even if others may find it cloying. Addictive stuff. The whole range of this brand is quite remarkable, actually. Top-quality, long-lasting and classy.

Edible tea and leather with amber. Vodka and cumin dry off quickly, leaving the boozy notes and settling into almost Adventurer’s Club library stuff, with a strong beeswax base with spices in. Apparently based on Tsarist Russia. Works well as that. Really love this one

Ambre Russe by Parfum d`Empire 4.30 out of 5 based on 473 ratings and 76 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfum d`Empire Ambre Russe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Parfum d`Empire Ambre Russe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Russe by Parfum d`Empire. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Russe by Parfum d`Empire represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.