Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Equistrius Parfum d`Empire for women

Equistrius Parfum d`Empire for women
dislike

Parfum d’Empire, the perfume house, endows us with a piece of Roman Empire with one of the three perfumes from the collection dedicated to the great empires: China, Rome and India. Equistrius is the name of a race horse that belonged to the founder of the prestige house Parfum d'Empire, Marc Antoine Corticchiato, symbolizing glory of the Roman Empire. Violet and green notes open this oriental fragrance. The heart leaves an impact with iris and chocolate, and a trace of woody notes. The base brings amber, warm and milky sandalwood and vetiver. It is available as 100 ml EDP.

iris Violet

Rice Chocolate Powdery Notes

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Sandalwood Vetiver Amber Suede

Equistrius Fragrance Reviews

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I don't need to describe this scent as the reviewers before have done the job in summing up the various aspects of Equistrius. It's a quietly seductive scent that lays close to the skin and has plenty of mystery. I just wish it projected a little better and lasted a little longer. A woman or a man could enjoy this as it is a beautiful rendering of whispery iris with soft, suede undertones.

What happened? I sampled this a while back and really, really liked it. Now it smells like chocolate shampoo.
There is a strong talcum powder vibe here along with the sweet violets and chocolate. Sadly, I am getting much more violet than iris. I don't dislike violets, but I definitely prefer iris.
Sad day. This fragrance has so many things I love in it, but maybe it's too much of a good thing.
As much as I love scents that are reminiscent of body lotion, cosmetic powder etc this just smells like the inside of a makeup bag.

emily7
emily7

Thick, powdery iris, suede seasoned with delicious violets and mild cocoa hint.
Sweet? Yes and no - meaning the sweetness is coming from the violet (and amber) rather than from the chocolate note.
Not very unique I'm afraid - for iris-violet combo being so popular and favored in perfumery - still it is very feminine, "makeuppy", refined and rounded woody oriental.

A while back I made a beginner's mistake testing it among bunch of other fragrances what lead me to conclusion I am anosmic to (or certain parts) of this composition. On the contrary (and typical for PdE) this is one substantial fragrance.

hadassa
hadassa

Very qualitative (as usual with this brand) iris-violet-suede perfume, it reminds me of Laboratorio Olfattivo's NIRMAL.

Fresh, powdery, unisex, with impressive longevity. However, as I was looking for chocolate, I'm rather underwhelmed. Absolutely no chocolate here to my nose, not a hint. Moreover, if you are looking for a sweet-ish iris scent, look in another direction. EQUISTRIUS is totally sugar-free.

Still a very good perfume, just not for me.

Sprayed in the morning, it stays throughout the whole day, which is a great performance for any perfume, but iris-based especially, as these usually are quite fleeting.

mwallwork
mwallwork

Equistrius was one of the first niche samples that I tested that I considered actually wearable. A full bottle followed and I enjoy it immensely every time I wear it.

It helps to like iris to like this perfume. Iris, both powdery and orris root, is the lead singer. I really like the sense of a capella in this perfume. The scent voices are clear and in sweet harmony with each other.

I can actually smell the cocoa and the leather. Both seem related - like twin sisters - adding their individual, but similar harmonies. Violet sweetened rice adds a somewhat starchy support and barely perceivable density.

Sandalwood brings forth a creamy iris. Amber wraps the entire gift in balmy smoothness. A touch of vetiver keeps the whole composition from being too sweet, but remains distant itself.

Altogether, Equistrius is an excellent smooth ode to the Iris. It is easy to wear and provides wrist-sniffing goodness. Easy to love...and I do.

Edit: Longevity 6+ hours. Sillage mild to body scent after 3+ hours.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

A nice scent - and very soft. The downside: it is fading away very quickly. So far Iskander is my favorite from this fragrance-house; the search continues...

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Herbal spicy green, rose and violet! Pure loveliness on a bed of sandalwood. Sadly, a quickly fading vision.

Cereza
Cereza

I've built a strong relationship with perfume house "Parfum d'Empire" I think, as this is already fourth of their creations in my full bottle purchase wishlist.

I did not expect much from "Equistrius", I wanted to try this because of the perfume house, but did not expect to fall in love as I usually do not go for iris dominated perfume. As for iris here - it's lovely, I've finally found a perfume with iris which I love, I can't get enough of it. Iris here is not too powdery and not too "metallic" as it usually turns to my skin. I get loads of chocolate with iris and it turns out to be perfect. It's like being wrapped in a soft blanket with someone special while doing something very kinky. Sounds weird I know. This is a comfort scent, but at the same time this is very, very sexy. And also elegant.

Worth a try. Not worth a blind buy though, this is not crowd pleasing.

Wichapi
Wichapi

First sniff in bottle: iris with something sour. Upon application, iris, with the sour identifying itself... violet & vetiver! The iris & violet seem uncharacteristically at odds with each other. After ten minutes or so, amber and sandalwood amp up, escorting the sour culprit off the dance floor and back to being a complimentary wallflower. A good dusting of rice powder keeps the floral smoothy in step, and a kid glove attempts to whisk away any more bitter emissions. This is complex, almost schizophrenic... a soft floral with ulterior motives.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Lovely soft sexy feminine warm interesting a bit sweet iris-violet...so in love with this smell, it is not something you smell every corner, neither something that gives you a headache even if unique...it is perfection, I want to smell it all the time!!! amkes me feel in heaven...

mutmiu
mutmiu

Equistrius is an unusual warm, sweet iris fragrance. It is not earthy-rooty, or metallic-cold, like many iris centered perfume. It opens with a bitter note, almost herbal - I don't know, what it is, maybe the violet leaf? -, but after a few minutes this unpleasant herbalness fades away, and the creamy iris dominates, with a sweet fruity twist - but it's never overwhelming, never syrupy sweet. Weird, but I don't detect any chocolate in the fragrance, though I can feel the rice note, which gives some powdery softness to the whole composition. Sandalwood and ambrette join to the iris in the drydown, and create a silky smooth, creamy finish. Equistrius is an elegant, ladylike fragrance.

finzi
finzi

Finzi -v- iris and the iris wins again. I really don't get along with iris-heavy scents.

The base does seem lovely though. The chocolate and sandalwood come through on my skin and it's creamy without being cloying or overdone. But unfortunately the violets are too strong for me, so ultimately this is a scrubber.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

It's a very lovely iris-violet combo, not cold or earthy as some another iris and violet scents are. I really don't detect any chocolate here but I think it gives the depth and the warmth to this perfume, hand in hand with amber. It's more a woody powdery scent, in contrast with baby powdery perfumes (however I like them, too), I find this much more refined and interesting. Longevity is average on my skin. The only negative point is sillage - I have to sniff very close to my skin to detect it, but the scent itself is so beautiful that I can't help loving it. The bottle is pretty, too with its easy elegance. Recommended.

nada
nada

why there is no orris root in notes? it is the most prominent note in this fragrance, especially in the top/midlle.

galex
galex

This is a lovely longlasting perfume. I detect chypre and musk but I can't smell any chocolate in it. I will definitely buy it.

Yulia-Julia
Yulia-Julia

I am happy to have got a full bottle 100 ml of it. Even if it has been quite expencive.

BEFORE I tested it with my sample I was sure I don't like iris odour. I used to find it extremely powdery and suffocating and causing headache.
Before I tried Equistrius in a sample.

This Iris is so far from powder (on me, indepepndently on note of rice powder in it) and so light and elegant! So beautiful and calm! Note of chocolate is warm and deep. Iris and chocolate supplement each other ideally. I also feel gentlest musky smell. The perfume is just perfect.

And it changed my attitude to iris at all. It seems that now I am interested in any iris perfume I can approach :-)

Parfum D'Empire EQUISTRIUS offers a tender woody iris. Initially there is a slightly resinous quality, apparently due to ambrette butter (according to the house's literature), but it disappears all too quickly, leaving behind only a fine layer of lightly floralized wood with very low sillage.

Unfortunately, I do not detect chocolate in this composition at all. I would like to try EQUISTRIUS at a higher concentration, if it is available, as it does hold potential but seems too dilute in this "edp" form.

guest_arktos
guest_arktos

Ce Parfum est tout simplement magnifique.Je le porte depuis maintenant presque 2 annees et je ne m'en lasse pas.Il a une odeur envoutante,je me surprend plusieurs fois par jours a le sentir sur moi il a quelque de reconfortant.C'est un Parfum de peau il ne laisse pas de sillage mais plutot une aura qui interpelle les personne autour de vous.J'ai tres souvent des compliments les gens le trouve tres classe discret un Parfum de Dandy.Il a une tenue exceptionnelle meme apres 12 heures.Vraiment un Parfum de connaisseurs mais chut il ne faut pas le dire tant mieux et tant pis pour les autres je le veux que pour moi.

Auguszta
Auguszta

I absolutely adore this. It doesn't always get powdery on my skin and I don't get any of the dark chocolate, but I do get a lot of violet throughout, which is not even listed among the notes. So much so that in fact I think of it as a violet scent. It's lovely and very pleasant. You can just tell the ingredients are of the highest quality - it lasts and lasts.

Sara D.
Sara D.

As an iris frag lover, I find the orris really shines here. It's a lovely white iris, with white violets. There's a honey-dust quality from the rice powder, very delicious. The chocolate isn't gourmand at all, but gives depth to the santal and ambrette. Dior Homme might be a cheaper alternative, but II find Dior Homme lacks any of the qualities that makes Equistrius one of my favorites. Dior Homme is insipid face powder in a makeup bag; this stuff is a sweet, regal scent with character. I've found this lingering after 12 hours, and it was still strong. It's classy, elegant and inoffensive without being weak or watery. There's a skin note that reminds me not of human skin but the idea of skin, in a powdery way, much like a very, very clean white horse - and this is not a 'barnyard' scent, and so not literal.
As for the name 'Equistrius': the perfumer, Marc-Antoine Corticchiato, named it for his favorite racehorse - I don't see how much clearer it could be, as a play on words - orris/horse (imagine it being spoken in a Queen's English or French accent).
I'd describe this perfume as angelic.
It is unisex, but the sweet and soft may appeal to women more. For men, if you want a masculine frag that has the same note of violet, try Baldessarini Ambre. (Still classy, mature, elegant, without being loud.)

A bit like a well made-up face: Face powder, flowers, a touch of musk and chocolate. Very lovely after it begins to dry down, though the onset can be a bit much. It's sweet and slightly gourmand, but worth trying even if you don't care for gourmands, as it's definitely a perfume. I'm not sure what it has to do with horsebackriding, but it's one of my favorites.

Boggi

Update: This perfume stays close to the skin, but it is very long lasting. After wearing it for an hour, it gets easier to detect something that can be chocolate (but not close to be cloying or nausating). This perfume reminds me a little of Balkis from Parfums de Nicolai which is a favorite of mine. I would pick Balkis over this one because it's more prominent and the price is lower.

Boggi

I think this is a perfume that could be classified as a semi-oriental. I am test driving this fragrance for the third time now. One strange this about this fragrance is that I can't remember how it smells when I am not wearing it.
Back to the scent; it is not a very loud perfume, but rich and round. It is a perfect balance between sweet and flowers, non of them are dominant. It is listed chocolate among the notes, but I would not call this a gourmand fragrance. It is all in all a very pleasant fragrance. I tend to judge expencive fragrances harder than the cheaper. It only comes in 100 ml bottles and that makes it to big a splurge for me right now.

Equistrius by Parfum d`Empire 3.80 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfum d`Empire Equistrius fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Parfum d`Empire Equistrius, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Equistrius by Parfum d`Empire. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Equistrius by Parfum d`Empire represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.