Designers » N-Q » Woody Chypre « Groups

Iskander Parfum d`Empire for women and men

Iskander Parfum d`Empire for women and men
dislike

The radiance of citron, showcased by a citrus accord. The delicate freshness of neroli contrasts with the bracing aromas of tarragon and coriander. Oak moss, amber and musk anchor the notes in a sensuous sillage. Iskander was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Marc-Antoine Corticchiato.

Mandarin Orange Virginia Cedar Grapefruit Amalfi Lemon Citron Orange Tarragon

Coriander African Orange flower Neroli

Amber Musk Oakmoss

Iskander Fragrance Reviews

smaghoreshi
smaghoreshi

ادكلني مركباتي – چوبي
بعد از تست رايحه اين ادكلن ، از نامگذاري اين ادكلن به نام "اسكندر" واقعا مات و مبهوت شدم.
به نظر بنده نامي چنين جنگ آور و حماسه ساز، براي رايحه شاداب و خنك اين ادكلن برازنده نيست !!!!!!
ادكلن ISKANDER با انفجاري از رايحه هاي مركباتي طبيعي و كاملا با طراوت ليمو و گريپ فروت شروع ميشه كه بسيار آرامش بخش و نسبتا خطي است.
اين ادكلن با اينكه شروعي به شدت ، ليمويي دارد ولي در مرحله بعد ، بوي چوبي ، به خاطر وجود سدر و گشنيز، به آهستگي و خيلي ملايم ، به رايحه هاي مركباتي اضافه مي شود.
مرحله پاياني اين ادكلن ، جالب تر از شروع آن هست . در اين مرحله رايحه هاي مركباتي ، به خاطر وجود خزه بلوط ، كمي با حس خشكي همراهند و وجود كهربا هم در اين مرحله به شيريني و تعديل بيشتر رايحه هاي موجود در اين ادكلن اضافه ميكند.
به عنوان يك ادكلن مركباتي ، پخش متوسط و موندگار خوبي دارد .
اين ادكلن براي روزهاي داغ تابستان ، بسيار مناسب است . البته كساني كه خواهان تغييرات زيادي در نتهاي ادكلنشون هستند ، ممكنه خسته بشن

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

I pulled off an experiment that I thought might work, with regards to getting even more longevity out of a niche, citrus scent. I layered samples of Pde/Azamour les Orangers, with this....and together, they become a citrus bomb that Ive never experienced before. A good enough comp would be Eau D'Hadrien on steroids, with an amber base.

Hildegerd
Hildegerd

A very good chypre. Buy it before it is too late.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Another wonderfully composed Parfum d'Empire creation. This is a gorgeous juicy lemony blend, with a bit of orange and neroli to add some sweetness and just enough wood and spice to keep the lemon alive but grounded . . . I usually avoid "aromatics" because they tend to smell very masculine on me but this stays right in the middle . . . definitely unisex. It is a real treat to test!

mse-21
mse-21

It is a citrusy scent that has a classic edge to it. Smells fresh and nice, but far from being anything special.

Lana148
Lana148

This smells like something in between of Eau d'Hadrien Annick Goutal and typical citrus men's cologne.

Iskander doesn't wow me the same like some other D'Emppire fragrances. As far as citrus fragrance goes, it's not bad, but nothing memorable either.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Better then Azemour...

I find Iskander much better than Parfum d'Empire's Azemour. I don't understand why the Fragrantica score shows more love for Azemour, Iskander is in the same category of citrus fragrances as Azemour is. However Iskander has a little more personality and depth.

Iskander opens up also with a blast of citrus, but accompanied with a little more spiciness and kick than its brother Azemour. There is a very soft woody feel in the background, perhaps from the cedar and coriander combo. It is fresh, light, natural, and bright, very suitable for hot Mediterranean type of weather. So if you are looking for a regular fragrance for business and romantic encounters, you are in the wrong category of fragrance. You aren't going to either impress or insult anybody if your are caught in an elevator wearing this one--generally true for citrus fragrances. Iskander is something you want to wear in hfigh temperature, outside, and during the daytime to smell fresh under the sun.

I little amber and mustiness in the background gives this citrus a little lift but nothing that projects. The oak moss does stand out more and gives the contrast to Iskander.

I don't generally like citrus fragrances but I would wear Iskander occasionally, and that is a lot to say for a citrus fragrance in my case. It is fresh with a little spicy/woodiness to make it less boring, and citrus fragrances can be.

I give it a 7/10.

Ouch!
Ouch!

This is possibly the most disappointing Niche I've smelled. Way top loaded with citruses and not much else. It's a lemon bomb with subtle dry undertones.

The citruses carry down into the drydown, and it becomes a bit dulled, and dry smelling. Oakmoss is the reason for this. It turns into a lemon/oakmoss smell.

There is something in the Drydown which redeems this. It goes almost creamy and reminds me of the Hermes "jardin" line of fragrances. It's nice to have a citrus with a bit of punch and longevity as that must be really difficult to do.

It would be nice in hotter weather but still not interesting enough for me to want to buy it.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Delicious lemony scent, perfect for hot summer evenings. Coriander breaks a drydown too citrus. Nothing exceptional.

Q80
Q80

very lemony & citrusy, light and a bit woody or dark. not my type of perfumes.
when it dries down it reminds me of Lorenzo "Aura Maris"

christianne1
christianne1

Very nice and very well done woody citrus. When I first applied it, I felt it was yet another mixed citrus/citron dominated fragrance and I was ready to write it off but I really love the dry down. Nice blend of cilantro and oakmoss with a touch of amber. The amber doesn't overpower and the citrus notes still come through well, even after a couple of hours. This is more of a masculine fragrance than feminine and would probably be more well received if smelled on a man. I am totally missing any white florals. Nothing about this is floral to my nose. Opening was a slightly boring disappointment but the middle to dry down is actually quite nice. Lasts fairly well also, especially for a citrus mix. I ended up liking this more than I thought I would. It is nowhere close to my favorite from this house, Osmanthus Interdite, but I enjoyed trying it. Smells nice and is a great value for niche if you like this style of fragrance.

soleia
soleia

This has the same feel as Eau Sauvage, which I love. Iskander is its demure, elegant little sister in pastels, while Yuzu Fou of Parfum d'Empire is the crazy, flamboyant cousin.

As stated by previous posters, this is not an original fragrance. It has a classic feel to it and is light and discreet. On my skin, it's all about the oakmoss, laced with a bit of citrus (and citron, too).

Even though it's supposed to be a light and summery scent (and it is, really), I find it surprisingly comforting too, like a great big hug from my man.

It's marketed as unisex but it seems to me more masculine - perhaps it's because it's minimal, streamlined? It's the fragrance I would buy for my husband, but I would happily wear on hot days like this.

Longevity is good, sillage low on me - which makes it a good office scent. I would not buy a full bottle now, I would rather splash out on Osmanthus Interdite, but I will enjoy my sample and get one to my husband when his Eau Sauvage is used up.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

For me it is so far the best fragrance of the Parfum d'Empire-house. Love it!

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Sample courtesy of LuckyScent.

Ok I've tried this now, it's not too impressive. The citruses on top are standard fare but can be found in dozens of scents, niche or designer.

A candy citrus fan, the lemon and grapefruit on top are done Ok, but certainly not refined and tainted with the ubiquitous 'dirty musk' in many niche citruses- or fragrances in general for this matter. And one asks for more but never gets. Not a fan of the musk in here certainly, and this can get quite overbearing so one has to be quite careful! And there could have been so much more added, but cannot detect anything else going on! Just simple, straight up citrus (acidic lemon/grapefruit)/dirty musk/ and green (sub-par mosses/bitter orange/faint neroli) were the only accords I really got.

Nothing to really differentiate it from the 1000's of scents in this genre (Chypre I think!) After coming from Invasion Barbare, I was hoping for another surprise at a lower price-point, but sadly this hasn't delivered and is utterly disappointing.

It's certainly not sweet, and having assessed enough of these 'citrus top' niches now, I'm feeling more inclined to give Invasion Barbare a full 5/5 more than ever!

Straight citruses are Ok, but for me they have to be perfect with the sweetness and depth in spices or ambers. This offers neither, falling way short.

2/5.

kdlehr
kdlehr

very wearable and very good
the best citrus i could find
i am going to buy one

galex
galex

I think this is the best one of Parfum d'Empire fragrances. It's a lovely chypre with citrussy and spicy notes. And it lasts for hours on my skin.

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

I would describe this as mossy cedar. It does open with a lot of lemon, but settles to a woody green scent. Seems to me like a pleasant yet pretty basic chypre designed for men - so much so that I suspect I would be able to find something similar and cheaper at the local chemist's. Still, a pleasant and even evocative summer scent.

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

Light airy lemon fragrance. The initial phase reminds a of Bourbon French Perfume's "Eau de Cologne" but smoother and a bit sweeter and lacking EDC's dry and loud punch of pure lemon. Supposedly BFP's "Eau de Cologne" was Napoleon's favorite scent. It seems Napoleon and I don't share the same taste. The sillage is very low. As it settles it's gets flatter and warmer and then it practically disappears altogether.

5 out of 10.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I am of an age where I can clearly remember the delight of Goya Aqua Manda on my mother's dressing table, and missing it as much as I do, I thought I had got it nailed when this fruity coriander number turned up. Sadly, not to be, as it contains some real sledgehammer ingredients which spark off a hellish migraine within minutes of application. *sigh* what I wouldnt give for Aqua Manda's return, in it's delicious seventies packaging too.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Not a great one. Boring scent, sorry...

6,5/10

dacha
dacha

Dificult to know what to say, as the scent notes just don't work for me, that basically means anything that smells a bit dirty, off or fecal. Now that gets rid of a great many high end scents such as No. 88 by Czech and Speake, and this really a function of the nose smelling it. We're all different. Iskander has a dirty note in the grapefruit to my nose and this note really irritates me.
Every nose is different so don't take this review too seriously.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I read somewhere that this scent was trying to capture the essence of Greece. Indeed, when I put it on I did get flash backs from the movie 'Mama Mia', with it's I-dare-You-Not-To-Fall-In-Love-With-Me greek scenery. I learned from other reviews that this can be a weak scent, so I used a heavy hand when applying hte tester. i then went out for drive about the bay area.
I was very happy to spend the day with this fragrance. Whenever a breeze would kick up I'd get a sniff of the sensous, luscious notes in this perfume. I know this has an amber/musk base, which can be heavy, but I definitely feel this works on a warmer day wiht a gentle breeze. the citrus doesn't stand out much, to me, but the middle notes are wonderful. Highly recommend sampling this fragrance. Going on 7 hours now and I can still smell it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfum d`Empire Iskander fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfum d`Empire Iskander, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iskander by Parfum d`Empire. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iskander by Parfum d`Empire represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.