Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Cherry Vanilla Parfume de Vanille for women
dislike

cherry
almond

Cherry Vanilla is a simple, refreshing, romantic and alluring fragrance that blends innocence of vanilla with bitter cherry flavors, thus creating an almost magical effect on your emotions.

It is available as 30 ml cologne spray.

Vanille Cherry

Fire & Ice

Cherry Vanilla Fragrance Reviews

underwaterlilies
underwaterlilies

Cherry Vanilla *was* delicious--especially for such an inexpensive fragrance. Unfortunately, I recently purchased a bottle at Walgreen's, and it's gone bad. Cherry Vanilla was discontinued around 2006, I believe, and it seems the remaining bottles didn't keep. I'm gutted! To me, it smelled a bit like Revlon's Fire and Ice. I wore it to a trip to Hawaii in 1996 and mostly wanted a bottle for nostalgic purposes (since memories are tied up in scents). I wish its manufacturer would start making it again! Cherry Vanilla was a light, yummy scent everyone seemed to love.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I will probably end up buying this perfume. I love vanilla scents and I love cherry and almond too. I have noticed when I tested this though, that is does smell slightly of tobacco? I'm not sure why I get that in this, but I do. In a way it takes away from the other parts of this scent I like. I'll have to wear it though and leave an update.

celebrity89
celebrity89

A lighter, pleasant version of Rose Ispahan by Yves Rocher.

Quaylou
Quaylou

Cherries and almonds, my husband likes it. I think it smells like cherry cigars, something musky about it almonds maybe. I have to take it out for a test drive and see what others think about it, could be a good work fragrance. $8.00 isn't bad for this.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I used this scent years ago and enjoyed it, and was glad to see it's back and actually smells the same!
I will buy some because, when I tried it on in the store, it was just as long-lasting (for an inexpensive scent) as I remembered.
I like the fact that the cherry opening note is sour. It DOES NOT smell like fake cherries or fruit bubble gum, thank God!
The vanilla is quite a high quality for a "drugstore" scent, too. It's not that "cheap 'ho" vanilla that has given vanilla perfumes a bad name.

trustinme
trustinme

I needed a new perfume & for me I'm always searching for the right vanilla powdery perfume. I never thought of cherry, but I figured this would be a tasty surprise. Well I sprayed it on my jacket, one spray, and all I got was liquorice! First a strong red liquorice then black. Needless to say I was not pleased. However, because of the reviews, I thought why not let my husband smell it on me. After showering, reapplying & then allowing the perfume to calm down it was subtle & nice. My husband loved it! I recommend applying it to your body only. It is a very thick perfume.

sweetsher
sweetsher

This fragrance is very pleasing and very affordable. I am able to buy it at Walmart for $8.00 and can even find coupons online to make it less expensive. My kids love it too and think mama smells good!

Soie
Soie

It has been a long while since I last smelled this. As I recall, though, it smelled deeply of black cherries, caramel & rich vanilla. I really loved it and quickly finished my bottle of it, and when I went to buy more of it, the store no longer carried it. I think I will look to see if I can locate a bottle online.

As far as fragrances go, it's all about the scent as far as I am concerned -- if a fragrance smells good to me, I will happily wear it and review it.

belle.le.disko
belle.le.disko

I used to adore this perfume. I wore it throughout middle school, and I thought it helped cement me as the coolest person EVER.

The perfume was cheap, and it smelled like two of my favorite things: cherries and vanilla. How could I go wrong?

I came across the scent last week at a nearby CVS, and smelling the cap and misting some fragrance in the air overwhelmed me with a feeling of nostalgia. It also gave me the chance to stop loving something I used to love and hold dear. That's not a nice feeling. Oh well.

I must admit I was floored, because the initial smell is not very pleasant. All you get is an artificial and slightly bitter cherry smell-- like candied maraschino cherries if they have fermented slightly. I scolded my 13 year-old self for loving this and subjecting others to it.

After a few minutes, the baby powder/ vanilla scent emerges, and the cherry smell dies down and smells more sweet, though just as factitious.
The fragrance fades quickly and is gone in less than an hour. The sillage is about a medium: someone needs to be at arm's length or closer.

It's a decent fragrance for this 45 minutes-- much like chocolate- covered cherries, sprayed with cherry air freshener and dusted with a little baby powder.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I purchased this scent many years ago to wear for an event. A marine corps ball, to be precise. I used it liberally because I wanted to offset all of the cigar odor that I knew I would be subjected to once the party got moving. I didn't really smell much of anything other than an almost sickly sweet cough syrup. I was sorry I used it. Later that evening I had guy after guy after guy telling me that I smelled "delicious", "sexy" and "hot". Maybe it was good. Maybe they were drunk off their cabooses. I never wore it again, but I can see the appeal. Fruity, sweet, inexpensive, and apparently it is attractive to younger men who have tapped a keg all night! ;) Bottom line: You never know unless you try! ;)

NOV. 2012
We were just on a short holiday to CA/USA & I came across the body spray version of this at a discount store. What possessed me to throw two in my cart immediately is rather funny & perplexing, because as I mentioned in my post above, I thought the scent was rather revolting on me. I think it was because I had purposefully doused myself in it. But, my mom likes this scent and it smells very much like Cartier Delices (no joke!) on her, so I was initially grabbing a bottle for her, but then I sprayed a bit and was just delighted. It was sweet, for sure, but pleasant, comforting and smelled like a happy holiday hug. If anything, I decided what the heck...it will be fun to wear around the holidays SPARINGLY while I watch some Christmas movies with my kids, wear some cozy jammies while enjoying a cup of cocoa or hot toddy...Gosh darn it! Those cherries snagged me again! :)

Teolinda
Teolinda

This starts off with cherries big time. They are sour and it does smell like those cherries you put on a sundae. Or would I say, it smells like you have put your head down the jar!
Not very pleasant beginning but it dries down very nicely.
It smells very soft when the cherries mixes with vanilla and the longivity is great for this fragrance. The sillage is average and it´s a good daytime fragrance for all seasons I think.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I don't care what anyone says abut this scent, I freaking adore it! Yes it is really cheap but if you're a pure perfume addict, then it doesn't matter where you get your scents from as long as they smell nice.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Yuck, this is a cheap, heavy scent. It doesn't smell like cherries or vanilla to me and the liquid is extremely dark even when sprayed onto the skin.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I had a bottle a while back. At first, it smelled sweet & tarty. Then it goes into a soft vanilla scent. It's a very casual scent; perfect to chill at home. I liked it.

astamm62
astamm62

This smells so good..For a less expensive scent,this last longer than some expensive ones.I find this scent addicting..If you like scents like Amber Romance, Coty Ici, Revlon Fire and Ice which I do,you might like this.

Jellybean
Jellybean

gourmet cherry and warm vanilla; mainly for winter holidays, kind of smells christmassy. cheapo with excellent longetivity. I find nothing special about this one, I rarely wear it; I'm all vanillad-out.it closely resembles cheap vanilla-like body sprays that I used to use excessively as a teen, and had grown out of it.

jiminy_kittens
jiminy_kittens

I bought this on a whim being it was so cheap, and now I really like it. It's very soft and does smell like cherry cola as was mentioned before. I get compliments whenever I wear it. It smells better on my skin then it does right out of the bottle. I would recommend if you have a sweet chemistry.

caseyswift
caseyswift

What a great scent... a bit like cherry coke with a pinch of vanilla... It's not strong, but it lasts a long time and I like that - it's subtle, but lasting. The last thing I want to do is give people around me a headache, but a subtle scent like this gives me that little something extra without infuriating my coworkers. The price was perfect too :)

twillocks
twillocks

Tried it Walmart last weekend and it is nice I think I will pick it up this weekend (sneak it in the grocery cart LOL)

olga1780
olga1780

I used to buy it years ago at Walmart and wear it as a casual scent. To me it's very simple and pleasant, nothing special....but you won't believe the amount of compliments I got on it. lol
I wouldn'y buy it now, i think i grew out of it and into more mature and complex scents. But I have good memories associated with Cherry Vanilla.

jnet77
jnet77

Just bought this and think it stinks. I read reviews before and every single one said amazing things. But why does this smell cloudy and dirty to me? I'll give it a couple more chances.

guest_coney island
guest_coney island

I cant wait to buy another bottle It smells like liquid passion Its so ooo la la

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Found this at Walmart. There was a bottle out for test so I gave it a go... AND I have to say it's quite acceptable for being "cheap". Sweet like a marchino cherry and creamy like vanilla ice cream. I think for the price it's a good buy!

I sampled this yesterday and decided not to buy. The initial scent seemed harsh and the cherry smelled like bitter chocolate on me. As much as I like cherry, it usually does comes up that way with my chemistry. Also it was not as sweet as I expected (which some would consider a plus).

However, after I got home I noticed the drydown was really good; the cherry smelled like good cherry and the vanilla is there, too. I was surprised it was so long-lasting although not strong. I may reconsider and purchase it. The price is very inexpensive, too.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I found this for so cheap that I couldn't reasonably turn it down. The scent is exactly as promised, cherries and vanilla. It reminds me more of the sweet red cherry on top of a sundae than the fresh fruit, but there's not a lot of "candy" to it. It's cute and uncomplicated, and I am liking it.

Cherry Vanilla by Parfume de Vanille 4.03 out of 5 based on 83 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfume de Vanille Cherry Vanilla fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Parfume de Vanille Cherry Vanilla, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cherry Vanilla by Parfume de Vanille. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cherry Vanilla by Parfume de Vanille represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.