Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Bois Blond Parfumerie Generale for women and men

Bois Blond Parfumerie Generale for women and men
dislike

herbal

Bois Blond by Parfumerie Generale is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Bois Blond was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. Top notes are grass, galbanum and wheat; middle notes are cedar and hay; base notes are ambergris, musk and white tobacco.

Grass Galbanum Wheat

Pass
Note : I tried it in winter was like 16 degree

brent0529
brent0529

In the opening I get a sort of carrot like note, maybe its the hay...and also I smell a good dose of spices. Its a decent scent, nothing too crazy awesome to me at first. Until the dry down, which seems to appear after about an hour. Its then that this scent seems to take the gourmand route. At this point I begin to love this scent. Glad I gave it another try after a year or so.

Majesty
Majesty

As I love horses and the essence of stables, I have been searching for a perfume that has a strong hay note . Bois Blond contains hay but it's not dominated by it . The opening is green and astringent with wet grass and galbanum. After a while I could clearly smell the hay note but to my big disappointment , only for a while . The tobacco note is way too strong and covers the wheat and hay . The drydown is smoky and earthy with lots of tobacco and warm earth . I think that it is more masculine than feminine . A complex well made perfume for demanding noses . Very good lasting power and good silage . Definitely give it a try if you are into earthy , slightly spicy , smoky perfumes .

Juma
Juma

This fragrance enchanted me and I was right: woody, smoky and sweet-all together. I smell sweet myrrh, resins, hay and perfect galbanum notes. And surprisingly, no one mentioned hints of chocolate.
I was always afraid of unisex perfumes as often turn very masculine on my skin, but it's not a case at Bois Blond- and I disagree it's mostly masculine scent; it's dry, wood, bitter unisex one.
Obviously my taste is turning from creamy, white flowers (I loved those scent a year ago) to yet undiscovered- as more unusual scent is, more I am attracted in.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

What a terrific perfume, like a walk in the country on a still summer day when everything is growing so fast you can almost smell it shooting out of the ground.

Opening of bright green sun-warmed grass crops (wheat is listed), fabulous galbanum, and hay, not freshly mown hay, but the way hay smells when it's been sitting in bales for a while, a little damp and funky and almost fermented. Later, when it dries down, there's a wonderful resinous smell that reminds me of myrrh.

Reminds me of growing up in the country.

nebbe
nebbe

This one will take a few tries (at least) before an understanding can be reached. Definitely feeling the tea tree oil effect, with a sweetness around the edges that disappears as I move my nose closer to the spot on my arm where I sprayed the perfume.

At first I didn't like it, and 15 minutes later I became intrigued. There is something medicinally herbaceous, against an almost creamy woods background. The sweetness is not from sugar, but it's not floral either.

Fascinating. Bois Blond makes me pause and consider. I like that.

Not one for the office, instead might work well as a companion to wear while reading a biography of the first American Pioneers, or for a long trek in wide open fields. Because that's where this perfume takes me.

Update:
I introduced this to my mom, and it was love at first sniff for her. So of course I gave the sample to her. And, if she drains it, she has a birthday coming up ;)

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

An astringent herbal opening followed by a warming drydown. Vetiver and tobacco mingle. Very masculine.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

True to its name. Soft and lulling dry woods and pungent tobacco leaves.

My first impression of Bois Blond was that it was overpoweringly smokey. When I first tested it, all I could detect was tobacco. I smelled like a floral cigarette, which was not exactly desirable.

But when I revisited it a few days later, I was able to pick up on its more nuanced complexities, and quickly developed an affection for the fragrance.

Smooth and creamy tobacco notes take center stage, followed by dry hay. The fragrance settles into a foggy amber musk, very weedy and animalic, but tobacco is never really free from the composition. It simply steps out of the spotlight.

This is a wonderfully unconventional outdoorsy fragrance. However, it is purely masculine. I could never imagine this on a woman.

amelie
amelie

Thus, it appears that PG is perfect for me, first Aomassai, then Bois Blond ... I want to try all! That woody olfactory fantasy!
edit/ After years I think I finally found it! Let's see if it will last!

fanny
fanny

"As good as it gets", comes to my mind, in the best sense of the phrase.

A lovely, slightly bitter, green woody scent.
Fresh, unlike the usual fresh fumes: no citruses, no mint, no anise...
Instead we have Hay! Wheat! White tobacco! Coloured green by Grass, Galbanum and Cedar. Ambergris and Musk perform as a warm subtle base.
I can think of no other perfume in this category that could beat Bois Blond.
It certainly has the potential to become my signature scent. I could wear this every day and be completely happy.

Because of the medium sillage I rate this winner 9/10.
Longevity is excellent.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This gets the award for weirdest perfume I've ever worn. But I like it enough to seriously consider a full bottle (Edit: I bought a full bottle. No regrets!). It smells like a blend of creamy, smoked mayonnaise, rotten vegetables, and dry tobacco. I can't figure out why on earth I would want to smell like that, but something about it kind of mesmerizes me.

I think this is miscategorized as green because it seems too smoky and woody for that category. Even though something in it smells like wilted lettuce, it's still not what I would think of as a "green" perfume.

At times I think there is a whisper of cinnamon, but it's probably the tobacco that causes that effect because it's the same thing that happens when I wear Tobacco Vanille.

Sillage and longevity are about as much as I could stand. If this were any more potent, the thick, oily mayonnaise would become intolerable.

Despite one's personal taste, I think it's undeniable that Pierre Guillame have been responsible of some of the most peculiar/original/sophisticated accords in contemporary perfumery and Bois Blond is a great example of his visionary approach to fragrances.

A striking concoction of hay, wheat and other undefined green notes surrounded by a smooth yet absolutely remarkable woody presence. I would classify Bois Blond as a bittersweet composition in which extremely bitter notes such as galbanum and grass are juxtaposed to the warm, summery vibe provided by wheat and hay. The woods are definitely there and increase the juxtaposition effect by providing both a smoky quality and great smoothness to an otherwise austere fragrance. Slight ambery undertones softens the base with some sweetness. An extremely original composition which is at the same time, easy to wear and very unique. I just wished it was a tad more potent. Maybe not a PG's masterpiece yet very, very nice.

Rating: 7.5/10

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

Smells very similar to Herms Vetiver Tonka. I am surprised there is no tobacco in the pyramid because I can definitely smell tobacco.

Parfumerie Générale BOIS BLOND is a stern and staid perfume from a pretty stern and staid house, it seems to me. This particular entry in the PG line-up is very dusty and green and bitter--a bit like matcha tea, actually. I don't know whether the bitterness is imparted by tea tree oil or not, but I'm happy to accept Catbiscuit's testimony to that effect!

BOIS BLOND is going to play out very differently on different wearers' skin and will probably be acrid on some. On mine, it just seems so serious, like a strict schoolmarm with a ruler ready at hand to punish deviations from her decrees. There is no sweetness or seduction here for me. I usually love galbanum, and savory perfumes more generally, but this one feels a bit like a spanking. (What did I do wrong this time?)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I was expecting something woody, like oak or some other light colored wood, but this starts out with a bit of citrus and an extremely bitter-smelling note, like the tansy mugwort that grows as an invasive weed where I live. It’s not just galbanum, it’s something weedier. That phase doesn’t last long, and the scent soon dries down into a light amber-musk. The hay, if it’s there, sort of gets lost in passing as does the tobacco. It’s not bad for a mild EdT that starts out with an initial roar, but it really doesn’t do much for me.

Marilie
Marilie

Bois Blond starts with a very genuine hay note. People who have ever worked on a farm know the smell and feeling of putting your head into a hay bale. It is a dry, harsh smell that sometimes makes you sneeze and in this perfume it is lovely!

A while later the tobacco note joins in but the amber keeps it from being bone-dry. While I am normally not an amber fan myself, I think that Bois Blond contains just the right amount of amber to give the scent some depth and sweetness.
At the end there is a beautiful wood-amber-note coming through that lasts quite long.

This is a perfume that takes you on a outdoor journey but that never gets too weird to wear it indoors.
I think it is perfect for late summer and early autumn when the fields are harvested and the nights still hold on to the warmth of the day.

maartje
maartje

I selected this fragrance after a personal perfume profiling at the Perfume Lounge In Amsterdam. After hours of smelling and sniffing this came out of four fragrances I selected: Tabac Blond (PG) Bosque (Humiecki&Graef) and Silver Musk by Nasomatto. I don't wear ik every day but every time I open the bottle i remember the experience of the profiling.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Opening with a cloudy white tobacco/arbutus accord (according to a reliable source), Bois Blond smells very, very similar to tea tree oil.

Once this oily tea tree note breaks its steely gaze, the predominance of wood begins. Interestingly, this wood does smell 'white'. Like freshly cracked pine, still with the dampness of life clinging to it.

As with all things that perish, this wood drys out and the emergence of amber at about the 20 minute mark takes this perfume to a sweeter, more unisex place. After weeding out all the tyre-kickers with its off-putting top notes, Bois Blond finally lets her true beauty to shine. A comfortable, cosy, pale beauty with that clean undertone of galbanum/tea tree who sleeps with one eye open the whole time.

Having grown up being smeared with tea tree oil to treat every permeation of skin ailment, real or imaginary, I find it both comforting and inappropriate. However, this lovely fragrance would not be the same without this supremely well placed accord. Its a quandry alright.

Cereza
Cereza

I'm feeling sorry that I was greedy and poured all the 1 ml sample I owned on my wrist and did not spare anything for my boyfriend, because I find this more to be a masculine scent than a feminine. It opens sharp and somehow reminds me of medical eucalyptus. The eucalyptus (must be from white tobacco, because this is my first encounter with this note) is present all the till the drydown. I cannot imagine myself wearing this, but as I said - too bad I was so greedy. Would work fell on a men with nice body and right skin chemistry. I'm drooling already. Nice.

rebella
rebella

Have you tried Aomassai? I have, and it was love at first sniff.

So when I tried Bois Blond for the first time I find it to be not really as good. Bois Blond is really a blond kind of perfume, expecially compared to Aomassai. Because they are similar to each other like two sisters, one of them blond and the other dark.

But after some testing Bois Blond started to grow on me, it´s softer, easier and more casual than Aomassai. Aomassai is such a huge perfume, dark, sweet, spicy, longlasting, almost haunting... Bois Blond is Aomassai without all the sweet, spicy goodies... but still confident enough to stand for her self. Bois Blond has a bitterness that Aomassai don´t have.

Bois Blond is excellent for day time wear and casual occations if you still looking for a very unique perfume, longlasting and nice sillage.

I´ve come to the conclusion that I really want more of Bois Blond as well. A must try!

Bois Blond by Parfumerie Generale 3.97 out of 5 based on 133 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois Blond by Parfumerie Generale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois Blond by Parfumerie Generale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.