Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

Bois de Copaiba Parfumerie Generale for women and men

Bois de Copaiba Parfumerie Generale for women and men
dislike

almond

Bois de Copaiba by Parfumerie Generale is a Woody Spicy fragrance for women and men. Bois de Copaiba was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features orange, ginger, sandalwood, amaretto, mahogany, myrrh and copahu balm.

Orange Ginger Sandalwood Amaretto Mahogany Myrrh Copahu Balm

L'Heure Bleue
Cornubia
En Avion

Bois de Copaiba Fragrance Reviews

lovescents999
lovescents999

Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba, possibly the most unique scent from this great house. It surprises with an exciting opening that blasts with booziness of amaretto, spicy ginger and orange. That doesn't lasts for too long and the scent transforms into the most comforting, resinous and rich goodness of myrrh, sandalwood and copahu balm, blended so well to a dry, intriguing and definitely unisex fragrance. It does reminds me of Mitsuko, the dough-y part in the dry down with just a slight vintage feeling. The scent is deliciously thick and luxurious, like a soft cashmere blanket that you don't want to part with. It does have pretty good sillage and longevity.

Saaga
Saaga

Sampled this and don't like it. It opened just like Guerlain L'Heure Bleue on my skin so I checked the notes for both and the common note is sandalwood so perhaps it's that. Unfortunately didn't detect anything else besides orange. I had to scrub it off.

lilalina
lilalina

Opening is very strong, kind of chemical and off-putting.. like gasoline with a strong copahu balm scent to it. Then it becomes slightly more gourmand, creamy.. bitter almonds on mahogany wood, it reminds me a bit of marzipan without the sugar.. Very unique..

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

The opening to "Bois de Copaiba" starts off quite squeaky and soapy.

As it continues to dry down, the soapiness subsides and I do start to get more of the warm boozy Amaretto vibe I was looking for, but it's still rather faint and transparent. I was expecting more density and richness from the woods and more spiciness from the ginger, but it mostly just smells like very clean almond soap to me.

It's pleasant, but not quite the grown up gourmand treat I'd hoped for. Bear in mind I'm only testing with a dabber vial, from which I poured a generous amount onto my hand. Perhaps I'm not getting the full picture, but so far I think it's just ok. At least a wearable unisex almond scent, but definitely not boozy.

I will enjoy it while it's on me, but probably won't be buying a bottle.

*UPDATE*

Poured a good bit of my sample onto skin today and I liked it a lot more, although I still think I can't judge it fully without testing from a spray bottle. It's not as soapy as initially perceived it to be; Now it feels much drier, nuttier and cuddlier. There is also the vaguest similarity to a patent leather/suede note in the dry down.

I'm becoming quite attached, as I love almond. It's still very linear and close to the skin though, but a few more wears and I might fall in love :)

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Bois de Copaiba opens with a rough and intoxicating accord of booze and almonds on woods, rooty notes, a brownish, dusty and slightly sweet-caramelised note of myrrh, ginger, tonka, spices and sandalwood. A resinous, earthy and boozy concoction with a subtle fruity-balsamic breeze which softens and refreshed this huge pile of spices, resins and sweet steamy Oriental stuff. Feels like an explorer falling off his dirigible right into the heart of a mysterious forest of some Oriental island (and having a good time with a bottle of Amaretto). On the very base, a light camphoraceous note which may be benzoin links to a sweet sandalwood note providing a solid, slightly dark woody base. Finally I also smell something a earthy-pollen like heliotrope but I don't see such note listed. There is apparently no iris in here, but besides the boozy-spicy resins and the woods, I clearly smell a rooty-buttery note which reminds me of orris roots, although it is less powdery here and more on the "materic", organic side of, actually, "fat" buttery roots - I guess it's the ginger with almondy notes and resins which creates this feel. So, quite a bold blend, brownish and woody for sure, which obviously reminded me Baiser du Dragon a lot given the boozy-almondy "Amaretto di Saronno" feel, and also, less immediately, of L'Heure Bleue, with all respect to differences since Copaiba is far less sumptuous, less powdery and less "classic" - and more modern, more woody and more boozy. The fact this scent is quite bold and almost intoxicating for quite a while may be a defect as it can easily become boring and haunting soon, plus its drydown is not as good as you may expect (some metallic-alcoholic nuances make it more cloying than it already is), but it has surely a distinctive presence which may work on the right person. Hell persistent.

Lana148
Lana148

Amaretto, Orange & Ginger.

This is a strange one. I love Amaretto smell, but I don't like this at all. This smells like soap/laundry suds. Sorry everyone...

amaraztavich

Oh n very nice sillage from what I could tell almost aromatic. I ll report back on that...its certainly good for some time but I really need to pay closer attn, spend a little more time with this beautiful beast

I also think it Important to mention, this is very different, some will love almost immediately, but I think for most to half of us, you ll have to spend a.little time before it turns into pure love. I do think, if you are familiar with notes and enjoy them , it will be a positive experience. And remember the top notes calm down in about 10 -15 minutes, be a little patient. I've had for only a few days and I've gone from oh I don't know to pure love. This is utter luxury, top notch!

I just sprayed some on again, and after about twenty minutes im getting a beautiful caramel note, I dont know jnhow I didnt pick this up before..STRONG caramel note. Love this. Its a masculine caramel lots of woods n spice, and the amber note in here smells like a dark amber which reminds me somewhat of jo malones dark amber gingerlily..its the same dark amber n ginger but with orange and almond, but not as dark the caramel is acting like a ray of sunshine. Oh this is lovely and far more complex than I originally gave it credit for. WOWZWERZ

amaraztavich

Wow, this Is very realistic. And truely unisex. Funny though I prefer the more masculine drydown to the slighty strange top. I really don't like the way the top smells its super fuzzy Ir prickly to me, very odd. But THANKGOD that doesn't last long. I love it the more it dries down. And I do get the reference to l'heure Bleu, but its really only the dry amber accirf and possibly the almond, they are also very different perfumes. And even though it is very dry woodsy almond leather with an orange tinge. I'm going to have to dissagree with some and day I find this to also be sort of sweet. Boozy and leathery, also creamy Someone mentioned soapy, and I agree but its a very light soap so light I think many wont pick up on thus. The drydown is more manly more unisex..
I think many will be glad for this. And even though I think its also perfectly suited for grown women, I think id enjoy it more on my man. Its really super classy, a bit avant guard, n very natural smelling, the woods smell to me very realistic. Original but wearable, great signature scent and definently full bottle worthy

I just thought to sniff myself after just righting review. And this is an interesting thing lol, I sprayed myself yesterday afternoon at around 3. it is now the next morning around 10' and I smell like I just stepped out of the shower and not just in the way of soapy (allbeit there us a beautiful expensive light soap smell) but also in the way a good natural leather makes your skin smell like your skin but better. I love it, (now close to skin but easily detectable) makes me chuckle bcuz normally a perfume starts outmore soapy then fades, this is a totally different kind of structure. In my party days when I would stay out doing devilish things, all night then show up at work on three hours sleep and have to appear fresh and beautiful, this juice would've been perfect. I mean one wouldnt want to look or smell like yesterday,s news. Lol, some of my night-time perfume is not something I can go to work wearing but this would have been perfect. You know that feeling when you're going home in the morning in some slinky dress that you're surd everyone that sees you knows is from last night? I always wanted a reversible dress all night-time sexy on one side and cotton casual on the other. Well this is the perfume equivalent! Lol - though I think even more perfect for a man (with the exceptionof the first ten minutes or so ) just fabulous,Gorgeous! I may have to change my rating to 9.25/ 10

Basically it smelks like the notes look but as it dries diwn the leather is left mord than the others, oh but its a gorgeous lightly spiced ginger orange boozy almeretto leather...quit original,quite handsome, yes I believe I need to definitely up this to a 9.25 possibly a 9.5
I picture a very handsome, refined man in a three piece suit and sporting a five o'clock shadow , tie loosened on his way to sip on a guiness, exhausted with memories of the night before, the beautiful lady and their wild escapades, grining a devilish smile, cant wait to get home and take a nap so he can wake up and do it all again :).........And I can also envision an androgynous female beaty rockin' this as well

GOD, this is so good, one could never refer to it as a 'panty dropper' the man that wears this need not desire a fragrance in order to ''panty drop'', so please don't get this idea from my description, its so much more than that.

Cheers!

kookaburrah
kookaburrah

I was instantly reminded of L'Heure Bleue when I tried this. It is a less powdery and more modern take on this iconic perfume. Good longevity and sillage. I also love the boozy almond note, which must be the Amaretto. Definitely a favourite!

Cereza
Cereza

"Bois de Copaiba" is indeed a very strange perfume, first I was approached by amaretto which here adds a very strange & boozy accord. It reminded me of Etro's Heliotrope when it's sniffed right out of bottle without letting it to develop. At the heart I get lots of balms and still the boozy blast of amaretto. The balmy notes are not at all warm and sweet, but very dry and almost bitter/herbal. The drydown brings a slight sweetness from sandalwood, but it's still extremely dry.

I enjoyed trying this - it's perfectly unisex, suitable for colder weather, staying power was around 6 hours and silage was more than satisfying.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

This one is all about woods, amaretto, and oranges. I get a minor skin lotion scent but it seems to be the whole of the ingredients. The tone slightly reminds me of MFK Matin and Tabac EDC. Warm, a tinge of bitterness from the orange, and very smooth. Nice.

Majesty
Majesty

I was very intigued by the notes,especially orange and amaretto. Bois de Copaiba is a comfort,fluffy scent. It is not sweet,balmy sure,luxurious comfortable of course. It wraps you like a blanket!The drydown is thick and creamy. Sandalwood is very intense,which reminded me of Guerlain's Samsara,especially the drydown. The same thickness without the 'old' , 'vintage' finish of Samsara. This could be a modern Samsara. Very good lasting power and moderate sillage. A very nice perfume,deserves a full bottle!

Auguszta
Auguszta

A very unusual and strangely compelling scent. It starts off a bit beverage-y with lots of orange and ginger, loud and perhaps even a bit tacky, then both take on a dried fruit quality as the scent morphs into something reminiscent of slightly soapy leather (even though leather is not listed among the notes). 'Bois' of any kind is the last thing I think of. Hours later it gets a lot sweeter, softer, far more sophisticated, and heavy on the myrrh. The sillage is monstrous, especially during the first hours, lasting power is good.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

This is a comfort scent for wood and almond essence lovers. It is slightly gourmand, not boozy. The almond note is more like a light syrup with a tinge of orange rind. The woods brings the scent warmth. The longevity and silage are both medium. This is perfect for chilly weather!

civava
civava

Reminds me of L'Heure Bleue. The same dryness.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois de Copaiba by Parfumerie Generale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois de Copaiba by Parfumerie Generale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.