Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Gardenia Grand Soir Parfumerie Generale for women and men

Gardenia Grand Soir Parfumerie Generale for women and men
dislike

Gardenia Grand Soir Parfumerie Generale for women and men Pictures

Gardenia Grand Soir is a new limited edition, introduced in Spring 2010.

The composition features the note of white gardenia and sandalwood. the fragrance is available in 1.69 fl oz / 50ml The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume.

Gardenia Sandalwood

PG17 Tubereuse Couture

Gardenia Grand Soir Fragrance Reviews

highroller
highroller

Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale- Thank You Moonsparrow for this sample. I was surprised with this one, I was expecting this to be extremely feminine, but to my surprise it worked wonderfully on my male flesh. I was expecting the Gardenia note to be sickeningly sweet and flowery but the Sandalwood mellowed this down and gave Gardenia a woody, dusty vibe that cut down the sweetness that usually accompany's Gardenia notes. Some noses will even add notes like jasmine and ylang-ylang to Gardenia amplifying it's sweet flowery nature further, which is not bad at all, it just renders the perfume for women only. Most men are just not as daring as yours truly. But here in this duo of Sandalwood and Gardenia, Gardenia is tamed without losing it's character or identity. It's remarkable how by staying simple and plain something can become more universal. There is a saying, 'Too many words ruin the meaning'. In perfumery sometimes too many notes ruin the meaning, and in the case of this perfume, they did well by keeping it only two notes, two words, Gardenia, Sandalwood.
This is a great perfume, for both women AND men. Don't be afraid of this one gentlemen, you'll be sniffing your arm all day, it really does smell that good.
The Longevity=6 hours-The Sillage=medium-The Satisfaction=100%. Recommendation=Highly-For Women=100% For Men=100%.
Highroller, applaudes and approves Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale. Hugs and kisses to Moonsparrow for sending me her generous sample. You're a sweetheart, I love you.

lilalina
lilalina

I agree with Kanashimiblue, this is a gourmand gardenia.. The sandalwood is very sweet and reminds me of tonka, the gardenia is green, grassy and very subdued, not overpowering, together they're very well blended.

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

This is a gourmand gardenia. Ethyl maltol (sugar), sweet fruits (strawberry, blackberry), and realistic green, creamy luscious gardenia flower. Unlike some other 'gardenia' fragrances on the market, the gardenia remains equal in intensity to the sugar notes - it doesn't get relegated to a supporting role. Yummy and pretty, like a summer white garden in full boom.

rosecat
rosecat

A woody, fresh, green gardenia... realistic and quite earthy. This is not the creamy sweet style of gardenia perfume at all. Its interesting, I am partial to natural realistic scents, though this is probably not my ideal style Gardenia, I appreciate it nonetheless. Test first!

Amarilia
Amarilia

Absolutely gorgeous, green, airy, gardenia. a Dream. I used almost a half of my big bottle last summer, and Im no surprised that Im still so in love with this scent.

I get bored with most of my fumes very quickly, but not with Gardenia Grand Soir. Im amazed how Pierre Guillaume created an gardenia based scent, but so different that it doesn't remind anything else (at least what I have smelled, and Ive tested a lot of gardenias out there). It's clean, it's fresh,so delicate and feminine. If I was to marry again, GGS would be my perfect wedding scent for sure.

Longevity could be better, but I've been told that people can smell it on me even late in the evening, when Ive applied it in the morning. It's one those perfumes that wafts around like a soft veil, leaving wonderful soft trail and people ask what it is.

I can't say its true to real, pure gardenia smell, but if you're looking for something different, then this is spot on! Great work again Parfumerie Generale! Im in love :)

The sad part is that my bottle is running low, and I need a new big expensive bottle fast!

meama
meama

161) Remember a flower
Joli gardénia très réaliste, à la fois crémeux et suffisament vert pour ne jamais devenir repoussant.
Comme souvent (toujours) avec PG faible évolution, faible tenue et faible projection.

A realistic pretty Gardenia, both creamy and sufficiently green to never become repulsive.
As is often (always) with PG weak evolution, weak longevity and weak projection.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Just as I thought I had already found the best gardenia scent ever (V&A Gardenia Petale), I came across this one....and I really wish I had not come across it because it lead me to parting with my hard earned cash for this stunning beauty.
This is THE gardenia I have been looking for, pure woody green gardenia shrub, scent almost identical to my Gardenia Grandiflora absolute oil. When comparing it to V&A Gardenia petale, they are quite different. Gardenia petale is light and sparkly, mixed with other white florals, it lingers on clothes and has good longevity. It is an ideal summer scent. Gardenia soir, on the other hand, is heavier, thicker and more heady. I know some of the previous reviewers did not find particularly creamy but I feel it is very creamy on me. It could be worn during winter time but might perhaps work better in summer months. When I put it on, I feel like a big white gardenia cloud has surrounded me. Sadly, the feeling does not last long as the longevity isn't great on me and the scent becomes quite faint after couple of hours. Still.....it is simply fabulous, very heady and very lush but not too queasy due to being mixed with sandalwood. I fell head over heels for it and so there goes my cash as I just HAD to have it. Despite poor longevity for such an expensive scent...I HAD to buy...and so I did. Sigh!

LadyMurasaki
LadyMurasaki

I love the blast of lemongrass-like note in the opening. This is a radiant rendition of the gardenia, so there is nothing mushroomy or creamy about it. I also detect a lot of tuberose in this. I suppose it's one of the notes used to create the illusion of the "gardenia". It's a very interesting take on the gardenia and worth a try.

Moonstone720
Moonstone720

I agree with KJanicki. This is a lovely example of gardenia and sandalwood and is very easy to wear. It's not over the top, just lovely and soft - I also smell a green leaf note which I think keeps this from becoming too sweet and gives it a just-right-balance. I think this is a wonderful perfume for a summer night out under the stars!

KJanicki
KJanicki

I love this perfume, simple gardenia and sandalwood is so sexy. It's quiet, close to the skin. It has a green grass note and a purple violet note. the rest is just creamy gardenia and warm sandalwood.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfumerie Generale Gardenia Grand Soir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfumerie Generale Gardenia Grand Soir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gardenia Grand Soir by Parfumerie Generale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.