Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

PG02 Coze Parfumerie Generale for women and men

PG02 Coze Parfumerie Generale for women and men
dislike

smoky

PG02 Coze is an oriental woody fragrance introduced in 2002. It includes notes of: Indian hemp, patchouli, coffee, pimento, pepper, sandalwood, ebony wood, Virginian cedar and tobacco and Bourbon vanilla.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT, created by the founder and perfumer of this niche house Pierre Guillaume.

cannabis Pepper

Paprika Coffee Mexican chocolate Tobacco

Ebony Wood Vanille Patchouli Sandalwood Virginia Cedar

Eucris
1996 Inez & Vinoodh

PG02 Coze Fragrance Reviews

guilhermefalcai
guilhermefalcai

Coze starts smoky, dark chocolate and pepper with a creamy background of woods. It's not so sweet, is smoky green very nice, a different gourmand, like a cigar of flavor chocolate. I loved this idea of creator, I have experienced a spritz on my arm but have no made a full wearing . Today I tried a full wearing and I am boring, It wasn't the performance that I expected, it's so soft in my skin, have soft projection I can smell it all the time but I guess needs more force, it's only a aurea, it could be more heavy, strong, sweet, it could win me but it was not enough to be in my heart. Sorry.

purecaramel
purecaramel

Just lovely, masculine, contemplative bliss.
Not unlike Heeley's Phoenician melody, journey.
This though, is drier, dustier. Borders on sour. Any sugar is barely noted. It hits on the "high" points of wood, sawdust,Jasmine tea and Canadian tobacco, ethereal. Intoxicating, my brain cells say, orgasmic.
Goes to the top of my list, for procurement.
March 15,2016
Ordered one day, delivered the next.
Today March 16th, I spent the whole day "high" bathed in this. Bliss.

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

Opens as cigarette smoke on a damp cashmere coat, and warms into vintage wood paneling and a smoky hash pipe. This is someone's hip mom in the 70's, having a feminist consciousness raising meeting in the basement, passing the pipe behind a thick oak door, and making plans to change the world with her friends.

Extremely well blended, comforting and cozy, in a quirkily nostalgic, ghost of a lost counter culture sort of way. Smoky without being acrid, patchouli that is readily present and accounted for without crushing the rest of the notes under a deluge of lavalamps and blacklight painting associations (a RARE feat) and warm without being overtly spicy........Coze is a collection of clever contortions of memory that all land splendidly.

Now I just need to find a modern space fit to wear it. :D

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Near my house there is a record store, the employees are all of the overweight, long-haired ex-dead-head variety. While I'm sure most of them have put their drug days behind them (sarcasm), a few like to light up behind the shop during their lunch break. Theres musty patchouli from a forgotten rack of incense and theres a worn in, comforting, almost dusty woodiness from shelf after shelf of vintage used records. Coze reminds me so much of this record store that upon first sniffing it I was instantly brought back there. Not many fragrances successfully transport me like this.

Outside of my own personal memory bank, this is also just a really really well made scent. Warm and cozy (or coze'). It's blended immaculately and no one note stands out in an unnatural or unpleasant fashion. It creates a scent instead of just being a jumble of notes, no doubt because of the genius selection of notes. There is obviously very realistic cannabis (which i love in fragrances) but it blends with an extremely natural, strong earthy patchouli note which keeps it from smelling like a fresh bowl. Underneath the green bitterness there is a thick, toasty, sweet mocha accord. Slight peppery spice and some generic woody notes round it out and make it decidedly masculine to my nose. Not that a woman couldn't pull it off but this sort of sweet and dirty-yet-compellingly-alluring vibe I associate closely with masculinity.

In the past I have retired Coze' for the patchouli note. I occasionally find myself intolerant. Most fragrances with a strong patch note I cannot wear but this one I always come back to because it's just such a good combination of notes and I feel that it suits me quite well. This is one of the few patchouli dominated fragrances that I love.

Performs pretty great and garners quite a huge amount of compliments for me. 8/10

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Just emptied a 1.5 ml sample of "Coze" straight onto the back of my hand.

First impressions were distasteful. It smells leathery and acrid. There is a distinct menthol quality jumping out at me that is reminding me of turpentine; I'd put it down to the piquancy of the chilli clashing with the acute bitterness of the black chocolate and coffee.

After about 15 minutes, the unpleasant medicinal screech subsides and things get much drier and smokier. A thick cloud of hashish invades my nostrils, through which I can smell musty wood, leather furniture and dank, oily patchouli.

Reminds me of a past visit to Christiania, the infamous commune of weed-smoking hippies nestled in the center of Copenhagen. Like the hippies, "Coze" is earthy, disheveled and just plain weird to be honest.

I can't envisage wearing this beyond my hall door. Certainly not to a job interview, unless said job involved selling blunts around the back of a pub after hours.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Seriously! I just dabbed this on before checking the notes and I'm going to have to scrub. Not because it isn't pleasant, it actually is very nice, but because I'm helping drive my son's eighth grade class to a dance performance today and I can't meet his teacher smelling this disreputable. I actually really enjoy this and it's funny too but I smell like a clean, well groomed man who smokes a lot of tabaccy, wacky and otherwise.
So nice, humorous and completely unwearable.

farang
farang

On my skin this is first of all a tobacco fragrance. The tobacco leaves are wet and fresh and pleasant smelling. Other notes include patchouli and spices to add complexity. It is one of the most pleasant tobacco fragrances I have tried. Long lasting.

and vanilla...a lot of it.. long lasting

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Oh, my God, it's a time machine. I am back at the apartment of my disreputable but highly amusing boyfriend D. I was twenty years old, and the place was pretty much a hash den.

Burned out pipe bowl, peppery, woody leaf, a little boozy, a little chocolatey, vanilla tobacco, dirt and patchouli. All it needs is a leftover pizza in the background and I will start having flashbacks.

annajurgenson
annajurgenson

Peppery, but very fresh patchouli with a musky vanilla. Such a comforting and very elegant composition. Complex, but not overbearing that your nose is trying to pick apart every single note. Calming to your mind. The name is perfect and suits it.

Manscents
Manscents

Trying Parfumerie Generale (PG02) Coze for the first time.

On my skin, up top I definitely got the hemp with a dash of pepper, but not overwhelming to my nose (but my sample was not a spray so I had to dab, which tends to make a difference to my skin on how a fragrance presents). About midway I could pick up the patchouli and was thrilled (one of my fave scents), intermixed with coffee and chocolate. Never detected the tobacco until drydown, and then almost an ashtray tobacco scent (but not in an unpleasant way). Honestly don’t know what Ebony wood is supposed to smell like, but I detect something woody at the base so presume that’s it. At the finish, patchouli, vanilla and sweet tobacco were the strongest on my skin.

On me this was not heavy but again I had to dab instead of spray which makes a difference for me. This had fairly soft sillage for me but I used only a small amount, and if I were actually using this from a bottle I’d definitely use more and probably get better projection from it. On my skin everything seemed to settle in after about an hour, and this lasted on me for about 4 – 5 hours before becoming a faint skin scent.

I definitely see this as a cool weather scent and would not wear in spring or summer heat, but I find it unoffensive enough that I’d wear it to the office. I also can see this being a nice fragrance for either day or evening wear. Unlike other reviewers, I never picked up that clove note even though I was intentionally looking for it (and I actually like clove). On me, the patchouli and vanilla with notes of tobacco and wood dominate, and if there are any cloves in there they are buried deep! Right now I’m riding between Like and Love, and will try it a few more times to see if I get nudged in one direction or the other.

I know this is a unisex scent, but to my nose this comes across as quite a sweet scent and on my skin definitely falls on the feminine side. I’m not sure some men would feel comfortable wearing this, while others would. Although, having said that, this PG02 Coze is intoxicating enough that the juxtaposition between this sweet fragrance on a macho guy wearing this rising up from his chest could be an alluring combination!

As always, your results may vary!

AveParfum
AveParfum

One of the best gourmands I have ever encountered. It's like a croquembouche soaked in coffee liqueur, dipped in chocolate ganache, then topped with billows of Chantilly whipped cream and melted caramel. The cannibis and mahogany serve to enrich and darken the other notes. Tobacco is a nice touch. The overall effect is a gourmand for grownups. Sinful and indulgent.

Kain
Kain

This is one of those fragrances that could prove perfumery is art, not just combining a couple of notes!
The opening is a great and very well balanced combination of lots of notes that blended together with the exact right dose and completely masterfully.
Even though the patchouli note is in the base of the fragrance, you can smell it right after spraying it on and it takes and holds the bridle of the scent all the way through. the patchouli here is pungent, green, damp and slightly earthy. there is a strong yet smooth amount of natural tree resins smell right beside the patchouli note that gives the scent dirty, slightly woody and kind of oily feeling. have you ever seen and smelled the tears of the pine tree as a yellow resins on the body of the tree?! that type of feel and smell.

There is also some tobacco note with it's bitter herbal, slightly smoky and very elegant feeling that remind me of those expensive pipe tobaccos that only someone like legendary Sherlock Holmes would use.
I can smell some sweetness in the background and also small dose of chocolate and coffee beside all these notes which they are sensual part of the scent! they give the bitter herbal, resinous, woody and slightly smoky feeling of the scent a very nice kick to tune down the bitterness and balance all the notes perfectly.

As time passes the scent is not going to change that much. it gets only slightly more woody and a little peppery that makes the scent heavier and a little darker. this description of the scent may look very brutal and heavy but this is the part that I was talking about. all these heavy, masculine and brutal notes blended together in a completely wearable and kind of smooth way that make this fragrance a great choice for fall and cool spring days.
Projection is above average and longevity is variable between 6-8 hours on the skin. a great and easy to wear fragrance.

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با یه ترکیب بسیار کمپلکس و عالی شروع میشه. رایحه نعنای هندی با اینکه تو قسمت پایه استفاده شده از همون اول قدرتمند و با اقتدار افسار عطر رو به دست میگیره. نعنای هندی یه بوی گیاهی تند و تیز، کمی سبز و کمی خاکی و مرطوب به عطر میده. در کنارش رایحه ملایمی هم صمغهای درختی قرار دارن. این صمغها رو دیدین بصورت اشک از بدنه درختهای کاج میزنه بیرون؟ یه بوی روغنی ضعیف، کمی چوبی و کمی تلخ و بسیار عالی و طبیعی دارن. حس صمغی عطر اینجوریه. رایحه مشخصی از تنباکو هم این ترکیب صمغی و گیاهی رو همراهی میکنه. تنباکو اینجا خیلی با کیفیته و حس بو کردن یه بسته توتون گرون قیمت پیپ با اون نرمی و لطافت و خیسی توتون رو میده

بوی عطر خیلی جزئی شیرینه و در کنار این تلخی های ملایم گیاهی و صمغی و چوبی، بوی بسیار دلپذیری از شکلات و قهوه (خصوصا قهوه) هم حس میشه
هنر عطرساز اینه که این رایحه هارو بدون اینکه عطر سر سوزنی شلوغ پلوغ بشه یا چیزی بزنه تو ذوق آدم همه رو با دز بسیار دقیق و ماهرانه ای با هم ترکیب کرده بطوری که همه قابل استشمام هستن

با گذر زمان بوی عطر تقریبا تغییری نمیکنه و حس و حال خودشو به همون صورت حفظ میکنه. فقط نعنای هندی کمی ملایمتر میشه و رایحه صمغی و چوبی عطر کمی قویتر و به طبع بوی عطر کمی تلخ تر. یه ته بوی ضعیف ادویه ای شبیه به بوی فلفل هم حس میشه اما کاملا در حاشیه قرار داره و اصلا طوری نیست که بشه اونو بعنوان یه رایحه اصلی در نظر گرفت
در مجموع عطر ذره ای از همه چیز تو خودش داره که از اون به یه کار خیلی خوشبو و حرفه ای میسازه.
پخش بوش متوسط و شایدم بشه گفت متوسط به بالاست و ماندگاری در حد 6 الی 8 ساعت روی پوست داره

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is really nice and recognisable, a pleasant and dusty cigarette/ashtray smell with a green/earthy twist of patchouli and vetiver and, I guess, tobacco leaves, cumin, perhaps saffron, pepper, frankincense, ambroxan and some subtle and soft leather-animalic notes, all gently sweetened by a base of vanilla and aromatic woods (I bet cashmeran, with its signature "silky-woody-aromatic-soft vip lounge cozyness"). After a while this comes slightly closer to Knize Ten, although more like a kid dressed like Batman taking a picture with Adam West on set; same tobacco-leather earthy and dusty concept, just more linear, transparent, contemporary (i.e.: duller). I also detect some nice liquorice/coffee notes which enrich and "round" the blend. Then again the initial cigarette feel tones down and gets sweeter and softer, gently turning into a green-ambery old leather fougère feel, so basically still that same Knize Ten realm, just more sweet and "contemporary". Finally the drydown (quite light and short-lasting) gets a silky patchouli-incense feel, less leathery than before, still pleasant and unoffensive. Must say that it's a nice scent overall, it sounds a bit "empty" and synthetic to many extents, but it basically smells like a modern, fresher and more appealing (to a broader audience, I mean) version of an old fougère, which I am given to understand many silly young perfumistas would find "old-fashioned". So it's cute, and personally I'd even wear it sometimes if I found a bargain bottle, but other than that I personally wouldn't know what to do with this.

6,5-7/10

A very nice surprize! A lovely unisex-scent and one of few I can wear. Love the chocolate and coffeenote and the woodsy and peppernote. Soft and warm on my skin but its not skinclose so use with care.

En trevlig överraskning! En superfin unisexdoft och en av få som jag faktiskt kan bära. Älskar choklad och kaffenoten tillsammans med tränoterna och pepparen. Mjuk och varm på huden men ändå inte en hudnära doft, används sparsamt..

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Parfumerie Generale 02 Coze
This fragrance is Amsterdam in a bottle. I was in the middle of backpacking around the world with one of my best girlfriends when we landed in Amsterdam. We had just come from the beaches in South India where a palm reader had foretold me that I would soon be married to a Dutchman. This became a huge joke between my friend and I so, of course, when I arrived in Amsterdam, I was already in an adventurous fun-loving mood. Well, if the whole of Europe had to name one city as THE party city, Amsterdam would be it. I had been living in Berkeley, so I thought I had seen it all. But, this city took it to a whole new level for me. I had, what I call, the Amsterdam Deluxe experience.

We were lucky enough to stay with two of the most beautiful people on earth who had an open marriage. A funny thing happens when you’re with two beautiful locals active on the dating scene, and that is that the entire city opens its arms to you. Within days, I found myself at a huge out of control boat party on the canals with a full band, cocktails, space cakes, chocolate and beer from Brussels, you name it. The boat took the entire party touring through the red light district. I met my “Dutch husband” that night and we were “married” by the DJ on the dance floor. I couldn’t have dreamt up a more hedonistic, fun, once-in-a-lifetime experience if I had tried.

This fragrance has bottled that entire experience for me. From the top notes, to the heart, to the dry down, I feel like I’m on that party boat again, touring the city. The patchouli and tobacco were the first partiers to arrive. I’m not a huge patchouli fan, having been around the Berkeley locals who drench themselves in it, so I was a little worried, but this is probably the best patchouli note I’ve encountered. It’s so perfectly blended with the tobacco that it gives the tobacco a rich, smokey depth. I was actually surprised that there is no incense note because that’s what I got, but not head shop incense, but the same smokiness that you find in vintage Habanita. The sticky black cannibis note and the dark chocolate heart is what I fell in love with. That lasted only about an hour and I wish it would have lasted much much longer, although, it was such a fun ride while it lasted. The dry down on me was ebony wood with coffee and a lingering smokiness; exactly like that warm happy feeling you get when you go home after a great party, having met some incredible people that you just know are going to become great friends! Just, wow. Thank you PG for that incredible adventure.

Shorokh
Shorokh

Funny thing. On my skin it`s hemp, hemp, hemp. A little bit later, when the perfume settled down, it started to smell exactly like in the horse stables! I know this smell too well since I`m doing horse riding regularly. Well, I absolutely adore the stables` smell but I`m not sure I would like to smell like it myself. Though I admit that the hemp note makes me hilarious!

harmonia
harmonia

A spectacular piece of perfume, on that little piece of paper at the department store. Sweet, woody, spicy, smoky, creamy - it has everything in wonderful harmony. And that quirky cannabis twist! But on my body ... just flat and dull. Nothing like it was intended. In this specific case I fully blame my skin and congratulate those who get the full ride with Coze. You lucky people! I must also give PG credit for the classy bottle design and overall graphic profile.

geofgray
geofgray

A little bit too sweet for myself-- but I keep coming back for another sniff. It's like a sumptuous dessert that I know I shouldn't have but keep eyeing just the same. If I had a BF I'd make him wear it.

meama
meama

137) the top of the class
Tester Coze c'est entrer dans un café indien enfumé et un peu miteux avec les notes de café,chocolat amer, de patchouli pour commencer et ensuite une note culinaire, une sorte de macération déjà sentie dans des cuisines au Tamil Nadu (sud de l’Inde). Une sorte d'huile aromatisée mentholée qu'ils utilisent pour conserver des aliments.
Les épices arrivent vite, c’est de la bonne et donc ça chauffe beaucoup, sans Lassi pour les calmer.
Il y aussi du Santal et de la Vanille mais ça n’a rien d’un pâtissier, c’est un pur oriental épicé(l’Inde ça fouette le nez) parfait pour ceux qui aiment déjà des compositions de niche.
La gamme de PG étant franchement pas très avant guardiste celui là vaut le détour.

To test Coze is to enter in a Indian café, smoky and a little shabby, with notes of coffee, bitter chocolate, patchouli to start and then a culinary note, a sort of macération ever smell in kitchens in Tamil Nadu (southern India). A kind of menthol flavored oil they use to store food.
Spices come quickly, it is good and so it gets very hot, without Lassi for calm.
There also Sandalwood and Vanilla but it has nothing of a pastry, it is a pure spicy oriental (India whips nose) perfect for those who already know niche compositions.
The PG range is frankly not very avant garde but this one worth seeing.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Very disappointing. It certainly isn't sweet - the pepper and what must be the ebony have completely dominated what 'bean' products there were meant to be in here. It's brash, dusty, unforgiving and,, 'chocolate' included they say? Must be joking!

My Note List:

Blend - Spices, cardamom, pepper, chilli, strong woods and dry patchouli.

'True alternatives to all those mass-market products, with their bland, standardised formats aimed at winning over vast numbers of customers, Pierre Guillaume's creations exhale their strong character with distinct and immediately recognisable scent identities that make no compromises.'

Says the blurb at the back of my carded Coze sample.

I have always never been taken by product advertising but I never mind products giving an elaborate or sensationalist descriptions of themselves - it's all in the free-spirit of intent of advertising a (hopefully) hard-worked product after all.

So to have PG so boldly and overtly claim to dismiss the competition not only sets a tone of defiance, it brings immediate doubts into my mind of , is this Parfumier really concentrating on his/her own product?

This is my 1st test of this house and sadly it's - quite saddening putting it nicley.

It opens with an overwhelming blast of heady pepper, spice and woods. It's almost like I stepped into a boxing ring! Pierre has certainly got the 'uncompromising' bit correct for me!

It's 'character' is one that totally burns up my nose,, I simply cannot disern any fine, soothing points or the finer ingredients I was looking for here - the Hemp, Coffee and Cacao.

It's certainly unique and, er, different - but so it Black Afgano which is a Tour de Force in rare Opulence, and brooding woody-sweet accords. This swiftly becomes an overbearing woody spice lotion (unsweetened cardamom?) that refuses to put this reviewer at ease at any one moment.

The ingredients are very fine, but that just makes this waste of a collection of rare ingredients all the more painful to even contemplate purchasing.

Nice try Monsieur Pierre, but I think I'll be dispensing my hard cash on a 2nd bottle of 'generic, mass-market' Creed Aventus, if you don't mind.

Not for the feint - try -and buy if you dare.

4/10.

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

I don't have the gift of writing some of the other reviewers have but I will say this is a lovely scent. It opens with a strong chocolate note but the tobacco & coffee keep it from being overly sweet.I would consider it more feminine then unisex however. I don't detect any cloves on my skin .The longevity leaves something to be desired unfortunately. It lasted less than a hour.

lakuota
lakuota

When I first smelled this, I was stunned – dark chocolate, coffee and hemp. Lovely poison. I smell strong tobacco note. And fortunately – no cloves detected. I also smell sove expensive liquor, like coffee liqueur. All in all – great composition. I also love the different effects it gives to people – dark chocolate dominates on woman skin whereas on man all I can feel is exclusive tobacco with cannabis hints.
This perfume gives me a feeling of time travelling. Genlteman with a dark lady drinking coffee in English cafe on a rainy day. Dark love developing...
Generally speaking, it‘a multidimensional, rich and slowly unfolding perfume. Scent is a bit bohemic and unique, but definitely not loud or aggressive. Unfortunately, it doesn‘t last for as long as I could wish for.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Coffee, vanilla, good herby almost black dope resin, chocolate, pepper, sandalwood, patchouli, cedar, ebony wood, the inside of a golden virginia tin. Coze by Parfumerie Generale, this stuff is "The Little Shop"/1978-79 in a bottle. The scent of those sophisticated chaps we were all in awe of, of deep polished wood, 1930s club armchairs, Italian coffee and mocha, dusty second hand fur coats and flapper dresses, chunky silver bracelets under the rolled up cuffs of crisp cotton grandad shirts, braces and bowler hats. David Essex and all the fun of the fair circa 1974 "Tarmac Your Drive For A Tenner Miss?" Oh. My. Goodness. Please God, do not send a man wearing this within ten feet of me, or my vow of celibacy is shot to sh*t.

antfarm
antfarm

Weak, watery coffee and wood mixed with the faint scent of an electrical fire.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I agree jtd! over cooked brownie plus hemp... oh what a nice dark gourmand this is. You can smell bitter cocoa and a clear note of cannabis with soft clove. I like this and find it an excellent choice if you like your perfume not to be too sweet. Somehow obscure and refined. Very dusty!! However, I don't find this perfume groundbreaking as some other reviewers do on the internet. Perhaps if I hadn't experienced Borneo 1834 and a hundred other chocky renditions I'd do... Still ... a great one to have. Pretty identifiable among its cousins. It stays loooong and its sillage is ok... I think this is pretty safe even with its twists. I'm sure no one will come up telling you you're a junkie. Not because of the perfume at least lol.

jtd
jtd

Coze offers both that fresh, moist feel of a close-fitted evergreen forest canopy and the dry, herbal tone of a dry forest floor. With its hemp foundation, though, the other side of this combination of notes is an over-baked hash brownie. A delight either way.

rutaj
rutaj

On me it is so much cloves that it basically kills anything else. There is slight heavy cholocate smell, but all else is burried under clove.
I do like medicinal smells, but this is too much for me, I feel myself almost paralysed by clove

onesexygrammy
onesexygrammy

I don't like cloves, but the way it is presented here is distinct and not overpowering. Coffee, tobacco, and pepper start to come through after an hour or so. It is unisex, but has just a touch more sweetness than what I would consider a typical male fragrance. The complexity will keep everyone guessing...there is something mysterious and attractive about it. If you don't want to smell like everyone else in the room, this is a great choice.

edooardo
edooardo

Beautiful MINERAL composition.
First moment: Wet Hemp and Raw Coffee
After 3 hours: Dark Chocolate, A LOT OF CLOVES, Wood.
It stays longer on the clothes than on skin.

Sillage: 7
Longevity: 10
Fragrance: 9

la louve
la louve

ITS SOOOO GREAT! I can smell the antiseptic cloves-scent too, although it is not listed. But for me its absolutely multi-dimensional! I snuffle on my wrist and can detect so many wonderful scents! (@SedNonSatiata) I´ve a wild heart, I want this for christmas!!! ;-) LOVE from LOUVE <3

Camin
Camin

To me this smells like cloves on oranges, or Christmas office party potpourri. Or a Christmas candle. I've never liked those scents and I really don't like them on my skin. I find this to be a very shallow, uni-dimensional scent and I had to scrub. To me it screamed "Middle-aged woman into country decor (geese with bonnets)."

Adrien02
Adrien02

(Thanks artsy mom for this sample!)Peppery, woody hemp assaults me at first whiff. Then the patchouli,tobacco and sandalwood join the party with the cedar making a quick entrance and just as quick departure; the patchouli and sandalwood stay much longer with pepper and hemp along the fringe during the drydown. Chocolate is slightly discernable.Keeps my nose very interested. The wood note is dry, like an incense stick. I could wrap myself in a soft sweater or blanket with this scent sprayed on it and be instantly comforted, "Coze'-like.

Migotka
Migotka

The first spray of this one provides a ton of pepper and paprika. Enough to incapacitate the nose for the rest of the day. I was looking for chocolate and vanilla in there, but in vain. Cozé on my skin it remains dry, woody, very peppery, raw. Does not smell like comfort at all; on the contrary, there is something unsettling about it. It is a scent of old room with wooden furniture where someone used to smoke pipe very often. The room in no longer used, hence the dust and powderiness.

I am a bit on the fence with this one... I am quite intrigued by it, but I find it too dry. Some ingredients I was really excited about never made an appearance, and some of the ones I am not a fan of are actually really strong. Cozé is definitely something different, and shows that Guillaume is skilled in working with various ingredients, but it is not enough for me to fell in love with.

Cozé opens dark, smoky and dusty with coffee, desweetened dark chocolate, woods, prominent patchouli and a slight boozy bourbon note. Spices join the party in a while adding depth and mistery to this warm composition. In the drydown I still detect a remarkable patchouli note together with dark woods, sandalwood and hints of vanilla. While Cozé is often listed as a gourmand, I more get it as a sort of dirty spicy oriental that will appeal to fans of the most challenging compositions by Maitre Parfumeur Et Gantier, Parfum D'Empire and a bunch of Lutens.

If you're into fresh and clean fragrances you should carefully stay away from this, for all the others, this is great stuff. Maybe not as much unconventional as they want us to believe but still highly recommended.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Dry chocolate, coffee, pepper and a little metallic smoke to open, warming up with hints of vanilla.

Coze, cosy? With this combination of notes, I thought I'd get that. But somehow the scent remains rather aloof and never manages to captivate me, feeling rather dry with the delicious scent of second-hand smoke that never gives me its intended effect.

I think the addition of pimento is also what makes Coze stand out from other fragrances--rather bitter, dry and suggestive of a metallic numbing effect like chewing on a dried clove bud. And in combination with hemp, perhaps adding to the 'tarry' accord that SNS mentions.

As it's rather cold today, I imagine that this would unfold and deliver more depth if my skin were a little more humid. Even if it did though, and albeit it original and likeable, the initial impression doesn't grab me enough to want to retest as I don't imagine myself wanting to wear this.

Yamba1
Yamba1

The cynic in me looks at the notes and says this is brazen attempt to combine all the comfort scents of humanity- coffee, tobacco, cannabis, vanilla. And of course it would be called Coze!!
Upon application, Coze opens with a somewhat harsh, confusing burst of pepper that gives way within seconds to reveal the warmth of chocolate, coffee and tobacco - Ah yes, those comfort scents, but it develops so beautifully and with such grace and subtlety that it really does live up to its name. It is like a soft blanket, a warm embrace, or the feeling of coming home.
I have been looking for a scent with tobacco and considered Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille a little too masculine. Although off beat, IMO Coze is a good option for those who feel TV is too heavy yet want a little wisp of tobacco in the background.

Highly recommended!!

adrienn99
adrienn99

ah this is such a dream! starts off very chilli-like... which is waking up your olfactory senses to hyper super levels :)))) but just before you would get scared of the heavy pimento/pepper cloud it starts to unfold...

the fluffy vanilla introduces itself along with the dryness of the tobacco/patchouli/cannabis ...and it all starts to melt together.

I would not say I get specific chocolate notes but the chili and the rest are so magnificently blended that it is soothing and creating excitement at the same time (pimento has a nice warming effect, which i really appreciate in nasty cold winter times)

i loooooooooooove it!!!!

good sillage and lasting power.

Sissi
Sissi

Sit down light a toke and enjoy the trip as you go through a yummy and groovy journey with COZE! this non conventional scent opens with pure and uncut Cannabis
that adds to the inebriation of the mind dries with
crushed patchouli evokes the earthiness of dancing barefoot in wet mud under a summer's rain, then dryness
of paprika with sundried nuances and grounded pepper
make this a fiery exotica of the southwest a world of azure blue skies and terracotta red earth finishes the
top level,Tobacco opens our second journey with it's
wisp of smoke caressing your senses with it's dry bitterness Dark Chocolate adds to the sexiness and
animalistic properties Oud brings the dark and esoteric
mysteries of the mind Sandalwood with golden hues ends
this journey with dry fiery nuances.

This scent is daring and doesn't follow conventional rules of perfumery this is a unique piece.

ferrari
ferrari

Room with a heavy ebony furniture, black leather sofa. On the table cup of black coffee and vase full of black black bitter chocolate with red chili peppers stuffed. Somewhere in a corner room is static full of ebony black ground pepper. Bitter intertwined with mild vanilla sweetness.
Very intense, not too sweet, but some kind of bitter-pepper a bit too much.
After half hour pepper evaporated and scent was chocolate-caramel woody.

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

Gingery, woody, warm and comforting but not too much even in summertime. It has a faint sense of brewed coffee, but that doesn't really describe it, either. (Part of that may be the canipa sativa oil, which PG says has not been used in a perfume before.) Simply beautiful, and as SNS says so well, a must-try.