Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

PG13 Brulure de Rose Parfumerie Generale for women and men

PG13 Brulure de Rose Parfumerie Generale for women and men
dislike

cacao

PG13 Brulure de Rose by Parfumerie Generale is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. PG13 Brulure de Rose was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features brazilian rosewood, amber, musk, raspberry, vanilla, cacao and rose.

Brazilian Rosewood Amber Musk Raspberry Vanilla Cacao Rose

Tumulte
Rose Praline
Modern Muse Le Rouge Gloss

PG13 Brulure de Rose Fragrance Reviews

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

On me this smells like scented hand soap in a public bathroom, or like someone sprayed one scent to cover up another one and neither scent successfully dominates.

The musk is synthetic smelling and soapy. It overwhelms the composition for me. Combined with the rose, I'm afraid it turns my stomach a bit. I'm usually wary of chocolate in perfumes so that may be part of the problem too.

In its favor, it's much lighter and less sweet than I expected.

lilalina
lilalina

This is a really strong rose scent. And not a sweet kind of rose, very bitter and old-fashioned.

arbuziatko
arbuziatko

I love it. I was smelling it all day long. Unfortunately for most people it is too strong and they don't like it.

Q80
Q80

it was amazingly starting with bulgarian roses and i guess turkish roses! but im not sure yet! as it was going so fine in away of slightly sweetish roses.

after 30 to 40 minutes the roses vanished and the artificial raspberry, vanilla, & cacao mix shoots quite high in away that ruined the whole idea behind this fragrance! it became a used choco bonbon in an aluminium cover the roses are trying so hard to appear but unfortunately the awful combination is stepping out loudly. it's like a kid's candy, he tasted it, didn't like it, return it back to it's cover and left it for a little while. moist choco bonbon.

Fizzy
Fizzy

It smells exactly like a Bulgarian Rose Perfume. No joke! Really!
Not in this database, but available on every beach there.
Truly charming and sweet rose, in the dry down pretty juicy powdery, made to last, but anyway, totally overpriced!

AveParfum
AveParfum

This is SINFULLY good, another “I can’t stop sniffing myself” perfume from PG. And I can’t—it’s just too decadent. This is like crème brulee from the finest French restaurant. It opens with red rose and some smoke, at times reminding me of a rose-scented candle just after it has been put out, and the smoke is still lingering around.

Then it becomes gourmand, literally crème brulee. I actually smell the hard, smooth, and clear layer of burnt sugar. You tap it with your spoon. The sugar cracks, and your spoon plunges into the most obscenely rich rose custard. It is sugary in all the right ways. This perfume is a must for gourmand lovers.

Pierre Guillaume has been elevated to my “favorite nose” status. Even if some of his perfumes are not my type, there is never a lack of appreciation for them.

brynhimmel
brynhimmel

Very pretty and sweet. It is very soft, though. It reminds me of Hanae Mori, quite a bit. It is something I would wear to relax, maybe after an evening yin yoga class and a calming warm bath, curled up with a book and a cup of hot chocolate. This is definitely not a perfume that gets my heart pumping.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This fragrance is definitely not as sweet as you would picture from the note pyramid. Rose, vanilla, cacao, and raspberry sounds like it would be a chocolate-berry ice cream sundae, all frilly and girly...

But Brulure de Rose is more spicy than anything else. Delicate, spicy - not totally dissimilar from the Rose/Saffron combo in Tom Ford's Cafe Rose. Very delicate and romantic, sophisticated, bold and sizzling.

I love the creativity from the fragrances in this line, each fragrance is unique - but this one seems to be something that will fade away to the back of my collection amongst other rose-based fragrances!

Siberia
Siberia

This is a beautiful gourmand rose. It opens with rose perfectly complimented by just enough raspberry to make the rose jammy and fruity. Vanilla, rosewood, and amber create a sweet incense-like backdrop that keeps the rose and raspberry from screechiness. Brulure de Rose is reminiscent of a vanilla and rosewater creme brulee topped with a warm crust of caramelized sugar. A sweet scent perfect for lovers of gourmand scents.

adrienn99
adrienn99

did I say the drydown was very similar to Kiehl's Musk?

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

I love the top and the mid. Simply beautiful. It's Complicated and grand rose. However, the base is too sweet for my taste.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

There is a prominent burnt wood smell right from the opening of Brûlure de Rose, which seems quite apt for its namesake. This dry, almost fierce burnt wood smell, juxtaposed with jammy raspberry and rose, creates an intriguing contrast, as if under the girly appearance there is still a backbone.

The fragrance then gradually mellows, while the two opposite elements blend into each other. The burnt quality and the jammy aspect both subdue considerably. The drydown is cozy, with a slightly powdery rose and the smell of bakery. At this moment, it's no longer candy or jam like, more like the fragrance of a dough in the oven, a la Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau (although not necessarily smells alike).

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 7 hours. Although I wish the raspberry would be less prominent as recently I grow less fond of this note, the contrast of these notes is interesting and unusual. If you're looking for a gourmand rose, Brûlure de Rose worths checking out.

jae
jae

I thought this would be too sweet and too feminine. But the amber, rosewood and cocoa (powdery) are amplified on my skin. While the sillage is moderate, I get excellent longevity from Brulure De Rose. For me, this is what to wear when I want my s.o. to come closer. It's not sexy or provocative. It's comfy, laid-back and effortlessly worth owning if it complements your skin chemistry.

I get complimented each and every time I wear it.

BTW - One evening,I sprayed this on my chest before getting dressed. When I finally came home and got undressed, I noticed that the scent was in my shirt, as if I had sprayed it directly onto the shirt several times.

PG is one of my favorite perfume lines. I love the overall quality, crispiness of No.16 and the density of his heavy-hitters.
Fun Fact: Brulure de Rose was initially brought into Kuwait on my request.

Roge'
Roge'

Here are a list of Rose/Oriental combos that are better than Brulure de Rose: J.F Trance, Incense Rose, Tiziana Terenzi Ecstacy and Montale's Red Aoud to name a few. This is what i call a certified synthetic sandwhich. This scent is part immature/part grandma. Powdery, sweet, funnel cake sugar topped onto something that smells like Turkish rose. I am 0-2 for the house of Parfumerie Generale. You can buy the Generale stock but i'm selling mine. Brulure de Rose is like a talented 9yr old. I can't take it serious....

Nemosh
Nemosh

Powdery rose perfume it is nice but I am dissapointed by the stillage and longevity. Expected more from this price range.

danieq
danieq

Creamy, sugar sweet rose! This feels like a creme brulee topped with candied Rose Petals. Sooo sweet and smooth and creamy, yet delicate in texture. Certainly a gormand.

hadassa
hadassa

This is a nice and a delicate scent, mainly vanilla, cocoa and a little bit of a makeup-y rose, but nothing I was looking for.

I thought it will be my gourmand jammy rose, but it's just another light vanilla with a floral hint. BRULURE is very light, and basically smells like a freshly baked cookie. No roses and thorns, no drama here.

antfarm
antfarm

Another jammy and sugary-sweet rose, similar to Tauer's Rose Vermeille, Buxom by Wiggle Perfumes, and many other candied rose perfumes. Pretty, but cloying and feminine in an over-the-top, cartoonish way.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I keep smelling lychee/litchi!!i grew up eating the fruit and its right here in the opening! Listed notes be damned! :) ok back to the perfume. A fresh rose blooming right out of the bottle. Not jammy sweet like Tauer's Rose Vermeille. Not as green as Balenciaga's Florabotanica and not powdery like YSL's Paris. The musk is a clean musk and if there are woods, they would be blonde(no pun intended honestly). I don't notice much development from the start to the dry down and I would definitely urge people looking for a gourmand because of the listed notes, to look somewhere else because this isn't a desert. What it is though...is beautiful. It seems like other scents which share the same notes and qualities but it is very much it's own personality. I am trying hard to curb my buying and not repeating scents that are similar, but there is just something special about this one and I believe I will cave in and buy a full bottle along with its other siblings from the Parfumerie Generale collection someday soon. Sillage is surprisingly good for such a "simple" scent. Longevity average, about five hours on clothes. Worth the buy? Considering the competition on my want list, I would still say yes. If gifted to me, I would love the bearer forever.

scentous
scentous

This is a sweet but fresh vivid rose, I know I sound weird as howcome a perfume be fresh and sweet at the same time, but probably sweet rose with musk with some spice and berries end up in BdR. There is something different in the opening I can't put my finger on (that's why I covered it up as "some spice"). Sweetness decreases with time, and dry down is very soft. I don't get any vanilla or cocoa, instead rose is still there but softer. Rosy turkish delight or rose petal jam which my grand aunt used make come to my mind:)) It is not cloyingly sweet or overpowering, sillage is avarage, almost close to skin, longevity is like 4-5 hours, I got very nice compliments..

rosecat
rosecat

This is review from sample....... I really really wanted to love this perfume, after reading fan reviews, I thought this is "the one" alas it's not and I'm so sad. Initially I get a very harsh spicey rose, sharp citronella & mace (?), then comes Incense note, all the while the Spicey citron Rose is still there, after 10mins, then comes a little sweetness of amber, but it still smells like a rose Incense stick I used to get. But I don't get amy gourmand, jam, cream Brûlé or anything! And it only lasted an hour on me, sat very close to skin. So definitely... Try before buy. I think I will still keep trying this fragrance of a while yet.
Update.... So wore it to bed, the dry down was sweet and yummy, very much like mor marshmellow drydown, but still wont be buying this one.

Amarilia
Amarilia

LOVE is in the air! and I confess Im in love with Brulure de Rose! It's an epitome of romance! In a beginning I smell radiant and fresh rose,reminding me of a pure rosewater used in Middle Eastern sweets. After the freshest top notes subside, it starts to get warmer and deeper, like a whisper of burnt rose petals, delicate vanilla and soft musk.Reminiscent of a yummy rose loukhoum, but not quite getting into a gourmand territory. Very beautifully composed and well made scent indeed. Dry down is caressing and sweet, close to skin scent. This is so romantic scent, bit of flirtatious and innocently feminine...you want to get closer to the wearer.

I was delighed that Brulure de Rose got hold on my skin, staying power was more than 7 hour, unlike many others on PG line I've tried.

Tovah
Tovah

I love this fragrance. At first it smells like crème brûlée topped with raspberries and rose petals, but it quickly turns into an extremely unusual, irresistible fragrance. It could be that I've completely lost my mind, but this scent reminds me of original Revlon Flex shampoo, circa 1977. This doesn't smell like shampoo, however, but something about the zing of it calls to mind Flex. I haven't smelled Flex in 25+ years, though, so I can't explain the association! Something about vanilla, rosewood, musk, and cocoa must trigger Balsam Fir resin in my brain.

sf2explus
sf2explus

Just tried this amazing rose scent today very fresh rose scent that reminds me of a indian dessert that comes in blockes in different colours.
There is one which smells almost identical to the opening of this scent. it is that smell i have been looking for for a very long time.
i was brave enough to wear diptyque lombre dans leu to work which is marketed as a female rose scent, but in the end there was something that was not me, but it was close to what i was looking for.
Brulure de rose however is everything i wanted in a rose scent the sweet desert quality almost turkish delight smell. but with some other desert blended in. very clean and fresh at the same time. A fresh rose not is the main note in this scent and for me it is a unisex scent that women will wear alot but can easily see myself wearing this on a special occaisions. i do see this as a unnisex fragrance that leans toward the feminine side but only by a little, which is not enough for me to call it femminine. This is not anything ordinary, very refined. for men to pull this scent off imo have to really be well groomed and dressed. not a jeans and tea shit fragrance. If anyone is looking for a clean fresh rose scent than you cannot go wrong with this. i got decent sillage not a huge trail but it was flotaing around. and lasting power for the scent is 6- 8 hours.
men dont be afraid please try this one as well, and im the kind of guy who wears dior's farenhight.

Scent 9.5/10

Minkymaid
Minkymaid

Tooth achingly sweet. Less a scorched brûlée, where creamy sweet rose would have the bitter bite of the crisp burnt sugar to play against, more an infusion of rose, warmed gently in a pan with milk and mixed into a selection of confections. For me, the evolution of the scent, and it does evolve quickly and interestingly, was a study of the confections the rose is conveyed in, rather than the rose itself. Good quality white chocolate filled with raspberry pieces and lavishly flecked with vanilla and rose petals, candied roses imprisoned in sugar, roses buried under thick pannacotta or the brûlée that hasn't yet been burnt. And that's my gripe, the rose is constantly buried under it's confection, peeps out enticingly before being swept back under. Enticing can be wonderful ... but sometimes it flips over to frustration. Overall this is lovely , but not quite what it could have been if more contrast had been there to balance the sweetness, or to lighten the edible burden the rose is under that prevents the whole composition from truely shining. It gets a thumbs up because I like the idea, and it certainly entertains through it's progression. One to try, just for the fun of it,

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

At first it is a little bitter, like Manic Love by Neotantric fragrances, then it turns into Royal Bain de Caron with dominating rose. Finally it becomes a sweet rose-raspberry pie. I recommend this scent to sweet fragrances' lovers. It would be better if they put more raspberry here. And I think it's not unisex, it's a definitely feminine fragrance.

jeca
jeca

Rebella, I wrote a beautiful review and I absolutely agree with you.

For me it's not at all cloying, I even don't care about the notes (what is it cacao, raspberry?.. it's boring to counts and spoil everything). This fragrance should be inhale and understand as it is, an impression of dark sweet rose, mysterious, unbelievable and very real, a flower fatale for every bee.

It's like the time stops when you smell it. This rose is an attribute to a very beautiful woman, I instantly imagine Monica Belucci in Malena - virtue and beauty.

9154mf
9154mf

Umm..honey, cocoa, vanilla??? What and where!! I didn't get any yummy gourmands in this! This was a citrus powdery rose at first, and then as it dried down it got more powdery and reminded me of a rose scented soap. I don't think it's very good, but at the same time I''ve never been much of a rose fan. I do get a touch of raspberry musk after about 15minutes, but its sickly cloying to my nose and this doesn't in any way save the fragrance as far as I'm concerned. A whiff of cocoa came out after about an hour or so, then- the fragrance faded to nothing. This is one of the WORST-blended scents I've come across!
A minor note: This reminded me of Indult Manakara-though not nearly as strong.

Petula30
Petula30

Like roses dipped in sugar and powder. Im still trying to figure out if Im going to like it or not.Unfortunately I cant smell roses after a while but I suspect its all about my skin chemistry. Its not a kind of overpowering sweet perfume and I would recommend for people looking for unusual rose fragrance.

Enchantia
Enchantia

I can only smell a wee bit of rose at the start, and after that I keep smelling incense though it's not on the list. I feel like I've just walked into a shop that sells heavily scented incense sticks. This is a very heavy scent and very long lasting - more suitable for night use.

F_A
F_A

rebella, your reviews make me wanna try everything you suggest:)
Ok, here's my review. I am testing this fragrance right now. At the beginning there's a fresh scent of candies tickling my nose. It really has something similar to Aquolina's Pink sugar. But this period lasts for a very short time. Then the scent of roses appears. You know, the more I smell it, the more it reminds me the Bulgarian rose jam. The base is warm and sweet, it surely has the smell of sweet incenses.
I love the sillage of this fragrance. It is powdery and rosy. The staying power is great!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Beatiful and sweet, but I only get the rose from start. After a while there's so much musk, amber and vanilla (and all thing nice what I don't reconice), that I lost the rose somewhere in that soft cloud. Truly nice, but my search of "perfect rose" scent continue, I want my roses rich and juicy in a natural rose way, looking for quite simple soliflore I guess.

rebella
rebella

This is the most beautiful rosefragrance I have ever smelled. It is so true, so pure and delicate that it is like magic.

When first applied I can almost see a pale, pink rosebud in front of me surrounded by darkgreen leaves and branches... Slowly as the day warms up the rosebud develop to a rose in full bloom... Now the fragrance is stronger, sweeter and warmer almost gourmand... And so comes the night, the smell of the rose is weaker but even more sensual, aromatic and spicy.

The stayingpower in this perfume (as well as the others I`ve tried from PG) is amazing and this fragrance is so wonderfully put togheter that I culd sit with my nose attached to my skin for 8 hours or so... It is close to the skin, but still noticeble for others. I think this could be the most feminine scent I have ever tried. A perfume in the perfume, a masterpiece... I dont usually like rosefragrances so much, not delicate flowerfragrances either, but this is a flower perfum worth dying for. At least almost! ;)

A must try for every perfumelover on this globe!

(I have to figure out a way to get a full bottle of this!!!)