Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

PG15 Ilang Ivohibe Parfumerie Generale for women

PG15 Ilang Ivohibe Parfumerie Generale for women
dislike

yellow floral

PG15 Ilang Ivohibe by Parfumerie Generale is a Floral fragrance for women. PG15 Ilang Ivohibe was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features madagascar ylang-ylang, vanilla, californian orange and egyptian jasmine.

Madagascar Ylang-Ylang Vanilla Californian Orange Egyptian Jasmine

PG15 Ilang Ivohibe Fragrance Reviews

delilahcat
delilahcat

On the PG website lavender orris and patchouli are listed as a key ingredients for this scent as well as vanilla and yang-yang but no others. No jasmine or orange. I'm confused?

meama
meama

133) Unisex fragrance around the Ylang-Ylang (flower of flowers) on a base of vanilla and a very large dose of orange.
Super simple composition and in the same kind I prefer a scent like Saint-Tropez from Smell Bent, better composed and which costs twice cheaper.

Parfum unisexe autour de l'Ylang-Ylang (la fleur des fleurs) sur une base de vanille et une très large dose d'orange.
Composition hyper simple et dans le même genre je préfère un parfum comme Saint-Tropez de Smell Bent, mieux composé et qui coute deux fois moins cher.

Irisaddict
Irisaddict

A perfume I had packed away and forgotten about, so a nice surprise and perfect to put me in mind of summer holidays. Instant hits of ylang, tuberose and frangipani/coconut sunscreen (or actually oil in the days when people still oiled themselves up on the beach!). I get as much from the vanilla gourmand notes as the floral ones. The vanilla reminds me of the scent of a warm creme brulee with browned caramelised sugar on top waiting to be cracked with a silver spoon -and is making me return to sniff my wrists over and over, or maybe it could be an almond tart fresh out of the oven waiting to cool and be served with a jug of chilled vanilla custard.. Try as I might I don't get citrus notes, no orange at all in fact.

Tuberose always adds a creaminess and weight to the body of a perfume for me, as do frangipani and magnolia which I also find in Ilang Ivohibe. Sometimes these notes can be too overpowering but not here (although they might be the reason I can't get the orange, there's just not enough orange to cut through the creaminess), they blend wonderfully to produce something both comforting and at the same time exotic. I feel like I could be in Bali lounging in a hammock in the late afternoon surrounded by beautiful flowers, their perfume trailing in the light breeze, while brightly coloured birds flutter in the shade of the trees. The jasmine is cocooned within these heavyweight notes and as such is for once more of a minor character here IMO. I do also detect some of the vegetal notes at the start, but they don't last on my skin so for me the result is a wholly feminine perfume. The silage is pretty good but the drydown is quite simplistic and mainly vanilla for me, I would compare it to Tocade or Iceberg Universe Woman after a couple of hours, very edible but a bit too sweet, so I would probably stick to daytime wear in the summer months. As such I am really enjoying revisiting this perfume, it's a beautiful composition, very calming and takes me away to a sunny beach every time I catch a trace of it on my skin.

Update: Just inhaled this directly from the bottle and I can now smell the orange/neroli, slightly bitter yet candied too, but as soon as I let it out or near my skin it disappears!

A refined and pretty elegant white floral composition laying an a creamy vanilla base. While Ilang Ivohibè can't be considered a monster in projection it still has a quite remarkable presence and a satisfying lasting power with its slightly dusty allure that's tipycal of many of the Guillame's compositions. Usually marketed as feminine but not being too affected, I believe it could do great also on a man. Recommended.

Savasana
Savasana

On me this goes on a touch too masculine then dries down to a beautiful soft feminine scent... Kind of like 'your skin - only better' scent. I really like it!

Fairly faint vanilla with ylang and a sunscreen note, probably the jasmine and orange together. I get almost no sillage and it's very hard to smell on my wrist. Nice, but overall nothing very interesting. Surprising from this perfumer who does a few of my all-time favorites.

adele l
adele l

The strange thing about this fragrance is that it could easily be unisex or masculine- on me it opens with intense ylang but dries down into a green-masculine scent. It is pleasant and very refined but I prefer more feminine perfumes!

PG15 Ilang Ivohibe by Parfumerie Generale 3.68 out of 5 based on 44 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfumerie Generale PG15 Ilang Ivohibe fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Parfumerie Generale PG15 Ilang Ivohibe, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify PG15 Ilang Ivohibe by Parfumerie Generale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of PG15 Ilang Ivohibe by Parfumerie Generale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.