Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

1902 Violette Parfums Berdoues for women and men

1902 Violette Parfums Berdoues for women and men
dislike

1902 Violette is a sweet and powdery scent, featuring the notes of: violet, bergamot, raspberry, lilac, violet leaf, almond bark, jasmine, iris, musk and opoponax.

It is available as 245 ml and 480 ml Eau de cologne.

Bergamot Violet Violet Leaf Lilac Raspberry Almond Tree Jasmine iris Musk Opoponax Big Strawberry

Violetta di Parma
Delice des Fleurs
Falling in Love

1902 Violette Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For 1902 Violette Parfums Berdoues

Notes: Bergamot Violet Lilac Raspberry Violet Leaves Almond Tree Jasmine Iris Musk Opoponax Musk Strawberry

Strange and beautiful violet perfume. At the first spritz of 1902 Violette, I got a lilac not a violet. The citrus sweetens and freshens up the violet leaves which are clearly there before a single violet takes over the frag. I don't consider this a floral as it has other layers around it that give it oomph and sillage despite the fact that it is linear and smells the same without a development from beginning to end. This doesn't have the head heart base note structure. Instead it releases all the scents at once. It has sweet strawberry and raspberry but not candied just fruity. The almond is also there. Sweet gourmand fruity floral. The other flowers that join the violet are jasmine and iris. The iris here give it a slight powder. The opoponax note surprised me as it does not smell of it at all. This is no incense style opoponax at all. The musk is the strongest of the scents at the dry down. So I would classify this one as a floral fruity musk. It's very sweet and smells great. It has a short life of about 3 hours or less. It's easy to wear and great for spring and summer. I was wearing this one the other night and the lady next to me said to me that I smell of strawberries. So to some noses this is going to be mainly a violet and strawberry. If you like that kind of thing this is for you. It's also definitely more feminine than unisex and this works better on women's skin chemistry. I adore it.

matillyrose
matillyrose

All I get from Violette is Violets in cologne.

Longevity is very poor, 15 minutes at the most.

Lovely layered with Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes, really ramps up the Violet and tones down the sharp notes.

I love wearing old style perfumes, it amazes me how many ladies will stop me and ask what I am wearing. Always brings back memories of Grandmothers, Aunts, Sisters..... It is definitely a lovely introduction to conversation.

I decant this into a travel atomizer and take it with me so I can spritz whenever I feel like it. Good for subtly clearing the air in a crowded place, if you know what I mean.

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

Very easy going violet eau de cologne. Fresh and sweet, though green the subtle presence of bitter sweet fruity notes and opoponax makes it warmer than I thought it would be at first. Very good price for what you get. It is my happy violet for summer days.

Thaxter
Thaxter

This is a classic violette toilette, light, clean, bracing, a bit dusky, unisex. I love to use this with other violet based fragrances as an initial layer. Also a good scent when you're feeling under the weather -- it's soothing.

I do not get the fruity notes at all. This is an understated green violet, on the woodsy side.

The bottle states that Berdoes has been making this formula since 1902. It does have a vintage feel to it . . . a bit powdery, romantic, and restrained.

I adore it. I bought the larger bottle, which is lovely on its own, and so I can spash this freely instead of spraying it.

Zaleska
Zaleska

It's the perfect smell! :)
I can't get enough of 1902 Violette!
Sometimes I spray it over my whole body and after only one (1) spray of Insolence!
P E R F E C T I O N !

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfums Berdoues 1902 Violette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfums Berdoues 1902 Violette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1902 Violette by Parfums Berdoues. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1902 Violette by Parfums Berdoues represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.