Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Cardamomum Vegetalis Parfums Berdoues for women and men

Cardamomum Vegetalis Parfums Berdoues for women and men

Stimulating and dynamic fragrance is a part of the premium collection 1902. Besides the spicy cardamom, it also features notes of orange and lavender.

Available as 200 ml eau de cologne.

Bergamot Cardamom

Lavender Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli

Cardamomum Vegetalis Fragrance Reviews

Anyone who has cooked with cardamom knows that it is one powerful spice. Add one pod too many, and your epicurean delight is rendered a disaster. More is definitely not better when it comes to cardamom. Like salt, it must be applied sparingly to be enjoyed.

What is remarkable about Berdoues 1902 Eau de Cologne Premium Collection CARDAMOMUM--which apparently is more or less the original composition--is that the cardamom is very detectable but also very subtle. I realize that sounds like a contradiction, but it's not. Oddly enough, the fine layer of cardamom settles down and melds right in to produce a splendid skin scent. Whose skin smells like cardamom? you may ask, and not without reason.

I recall a while back having a tested an eau de toilette from the Victoria's Secret collection (I believe it was Dream Angels HEAVENLY?) which wafted rather markedly of cardamom but which was being marketed as a "skin scent". I scoffed. It smelled much more like cardamom than skin to my nose.

In this case, however, CARDAMOMUM really does become a smooth skin scent. This is fantastic in the sort of ridiculously hot weather we had this week, because the scent starts out refreshing and a bit brisk, but then fades away rather than falling apart. The drydown persists, however, for a fairly long time--much longer than the average eau de cologne--and one enjoys the benefit of being perfumed but in a very discreet way.

In oppressively hot weather, the last thing one wants to do is induce any further strife in one's already overtaxed body. CARDAMOMUM has the exact opposite effect, inducing a sense of calm and well being. This is my favorite of the Berdoues 1902 Eau de Cologne collection, and I commend it to the attention of anyone who appreciates minimalism in perfumery.

CARDAMOMUM is all natural, refreshing, and beautiful in its own subtle way.

I don't like fragrances with a poor longevity. I prefer strong, rich and sensual fragrances with an high concentrantion of essential oils (extraits or EDPs) but this eau de cologne was for me a lovely surprise.
The first note that I smell on my skin is lavender. After 5 minutes appears a little trace of orange, immediately followed by the cardamom, that is the warm and relaxing protagonist of this cologne. Cardamomum is a simple and classic fragrance. I use it after a bath, or when I am alone at home, and also as a background for other fragrances with an higher concentration of essential oils. Simply lovely.

I received a large sample vial of this from another member, and was shocked that I had never heard of it. I'm so glad that it was gifted to me...Thanks Eva!

I really enjoy Indian food, and cardamom is used in curries quite often. This catches the clean and smooth scent of that spice-without being too hot or too intense. One of the best spices, in my opinion, it blends so very well with the sweet juiciness of the orange and the dry floral scent of lavender. Both of these notes are apparent in this, but the cardamom is the central figure for sure. Cardamom comes (grows) in pods that have to be cracked open to release their lovely scent and flavor. The black seeds when they hit hot oil in a wok is just delicious...cooler than pepper, sharper than ginger and warmer than cumin or corriander-this is just wonderful. Simple, clean and so very unbelieveably yummy!!

Sillage: fair to average
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3.5/5

Not the most complex of fragrances or even the most intense, it does give you the stunning scent of cardamom RIGHT NOW! (As Malegria said) And though it is not that long lasting or projective, I love it...because it really does smell like cardamom-without any of the other notes that usually surround it in perfumery, and it leaves a wonderfully light elegant sweet spiciness on the skin long after others can smell it on a little personal pleasure: just for you!

This is a very pretty and has a true cardamom note in it that I absolutely love.I bought it to replace Angel Schlesser, that takes it sweet time to unleash the power of cardamom on me. Unlike the latter, 1902 Cardamom delivers right away - very, very refreshing and just a tad sweet. Lavender is kind of there, but not too obvious.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfums Berdoues Cardamomum Vegetalis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfums Berdoues Cardamomum Vegetalis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cardamomum Vegetalis by Parfums Berdoues. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cardamomum Vegetalis by Parfums Berdoues represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.