Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Amoureuse Parfums DelRae for women

Amoureuse Parfums DelRae for women
dislike

honey

Amoureuse by Parfums DelRae is a Floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Roudnitska. Top notes are tangerine and cardamom; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine and lily; base notes are oakmoss, honey and sandalwood.

Tangerine Cardamom

Tuberose Jasmine Lily

Oakmoss Honey Sandalwood

Amoureuse Fragrance Reviews

halesgordo
halesgordo

It was cold this morning and I wanted a "pick me up" and I did not hesitate in spritzing Amoureuse. This fragrance is perfect if you need a lift or want to brighten your day and at the same time it remains strongly footed in the terra firma. My first whiff every time I wear this perfume is popping bubbles of sweet, tingly spice like cinnamon and I am brought back to the days of soaking toothpicks in cinnamon oil. This spice remains for quite a while, but then comes the powder. I don't see iris, so I have no idea where the powder is coming from, but it is there for me and I love it along with the white flowers and a drop of honey. This perfume is not too sweet as most white florals lean and I tend to shy away from white florals because of the sweet factor. Maybe the oak moss is balancing out the sweetness. This is a long lasting scent that I believe can be worn from morning to night but it does have a weensy bit of skank, which I LOVE! This is one of my favorite perfumes and I am truly not a white flower person..so yeah!

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

Its very strong good fragrance for spring early summer. The openings is taking me to an open herbal wild flower space. I ma not sure what ingrediens it is but gives me a little vintage scent...I think its not a version for todays perfumery.

atumn
atumn

At first sniff, it's beautiful, fresh floral and spicy with cardamom, just intoxicating. But I was in for a bad surprise when it dried down - the mix of tuberose and sandalwood that was left on my skin was sharp, spicy and unpleasant, reminding me of Hypnotic Poison which I despise. I regret but I can't wear it with the way it dries down on me.

leathermountain
leathermountain

Here's a fragrance with something to say. Perhaps you've heard it before, but good storytelling is not just about novelty. Amoureuse is aptly named, a vivid juxtaposition of things innocent, sweet, and carnal. It wears like a rite of passage: opening all powdered Baiser Vole, and evolving gradually and inevitably into carnal jasmine and narcissus, a drydown reminiscent of good vintage natural floral bases. I don't imagine wearing it much, personally, but it is a lovely olfactive sketch of the memory of a youthful affair.

rockegg
rockegg

America may be a land of hopeful reinvention but the writer below speaks only for herself when minimizing the influences of the past. Americans crave connections to the past.

I can think of no art form that has ever built itself fresh and without influence. Even the Fauves used paint and canvas. What's "new" is usually a reference to what is old. We are doing this instead of that. What we think of as new in fragrance seems to have more to do with generational bonding and identification. If you wear a fruity vanilla scent you smell like the other young girls, but if you wear a chypre you smell older. What is amusing is that generations before that applied cooking vanilla to smell pretty and their daughters smelled young by not smelling like vanilla and wearing Chanel 5.

I adore a scent like this that brings to mind a place or a time in someone's life - a scent that speaks its heart language.

jtd
jtd

I grew up with a specific flaw in my understanding of history. It has to do with over-valuing the present. It's like a child's understanding of history and can be described as a misunderstanding of the expression, "There's no time like the present."  American exceptionalism leads to a hubris of the moment where the exceptional is always manifest in the present and therefore every moment is the best ever. It’s exhausting.

As a result of this skewed view, my bias is to regard contemporary trends as separate from history.  Cultural trends are a break from tradition, a break from history, not a continuity. I struggle with the notion of tradition and am guilty of an over reliance on expressions such as 'old school' to mean anything prior to my using the expression. The present isn’t an outcome of the past, it’s the launching pad for the future.

Amoureuse is my lesson in continuity.  It's become easy to refer to certain perfumes as traditional, old lady perfumes, retro… and therefore value style over composition and intention. That is to say, a perfume is characterized and then dismissed based on it's superficial qualities. It would be wrong to dismiss Amoureuse as outmoded. It’s not ‘old-school.’ It’s successful for the same reasons that the better perfumes from, say, the mid-20th century were so good.  Classical technique isn’t a stab in the dark. It is a methodical and successful means of achieving an artistic goal.  Amoureuse is a contemporary example of classical work, something that, even as I write it, appears strange to my American sensibility.

Amoureuse points out an important distinction between style and intent. Post post-modernism, it’s easy to see belonging to a particular artistic school (ie. minimalism, expressionism) or the use of a certain form as a matter of style. A brief that calls for a simple or accessible perfume doesn’t imply minimalism. It describes the desired end product. Minimalism, like all artistic schools, is a doctrine, or a working set of principals that links concept, method and product. By way of example, a new fruity floral perfume might have a simplistic goal (eg. a sweet berry perfume with notes of rose) but might lead to a complex formula. On the other hand, Jean-Claude Ellena, as a minimallist, makes perfumes such as Terre d’Hermès and Jardin sur le Nil by distilling concept and formula to as few working parts as necessary to express his ideas.

Tradition and classicism have specific meanings depending on the particular form of art. The canons, techniques and pedagogy of perfume-making can appear vague due to the historical secrecy of the perfume industry. Behind the obscurity of the profession, though, the practices of perfumery are codified and precise. Regarding perfumery, “traditional” and “classical” are more or less synonymous. They refer to the lineage of late 19th and 20th century perfumery, more specifically deriving from the French lineage.

Amoureuse is a gorgeously lush perfume, and is about as minimal as a Bernini sculpture or a Transformers movie.  Applying traditional compositional methods to an unconventional mix of notes (Lily, cardamom, tangerine) gives an unexpectedly tropical bent to the flowers. A spiced lily with a creamy citric base underlines the ripeness of tuberose and jasmine and gives the perfume a languid, heady feel. It's similar to the lay-in-and-be-seranaded-by-the-sirens quality of Patricia de Nicolai's other-worldly Odalisque. Histoires de Parfums 1804 shares Amoureuse’s sensibility of a prim French person on vacation in the Pacific tropics.

These three perfumes demonstrate the value of a trained, classical approach. Assured technique, a slightly unorthodox mix of materials and a creative mind lead to something new and fresh.

One way to create something new in perfumery is to take a new aromachemical or a new technology and to build a perfume around it. Advances in science have always made for changes in perfumery, from coumarin and vanillin to nitro musks and ethylmaltol. When the impetus is not a new chemical but a new idea, the perfume is a particular thrill. Amoureuse isn’t earth-shaking, and it doesn’t rewrite the rules of perfumery. But it is a joy and a pleasure that is perfectly suited to the personal scope of perfumery.

from scenthurdle.com

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This opens up green and soapy on me, then lots of nice cardamom, and then white florals, lots of honey, and a touch of spices. It's a really nice scent, especially for rainy days or when you want to feel indulged and fresh without smelling like pure soap. This is a good one!

AveParfum
AveParfum

This perfume develops nicely from an intense white floral (I mostly smell lily) to a mellow combination of sandalwood, honey, and jasmine. Initially I did not like how the strong floral reminded me of discount perfumes like Giorgio Beverly Hills, but the drydown was a very redeeming surprise as I love honey and sandalwood, and this is a combination I do not stumble upon often. I would like to be able to smell some cardamom, but I do not. I also don't get anything fruity--no tangerine at all.

Great perfume for white floral lovers. Don't know why, but it reminds me of Roman women with flowing togas walking among the columns of an ancient temple. The air and dirt are very dry, and the sun is unforgiving. There is something whimsically ancient about this scent. I have Bois de Paradis, and I would not mind owning this DelRae as well.

OlMagnolia
OlMagnolia

This is a wonderfully strange perfume. When it rains the old English boxwoods in front of my house have a peculiar odor...and that odor is captured in Amoureuse. Every time I smell it I'm transported thru an avenue of boxwoods - in my mind they are 100 years old and I'm walking beneath them. This is one of those perfumes that tell a story - its not about flowers its about places, recreating atmospheres - what a talent that must be to create such things.

Thanx smellME for the sample
The Cardamom absolutely kills this scent. Its VERY spicy and sharp in a not-nice-way! In background I can smell honey and Lily. But the Cardamom.. why????

Tack smellME för provet
Kardemumman dödar den här doften. Den är VÄLDIGT kryddig och skarp på ett obehagligt sätt! I bakgrunden kan jag känna honung och Lilja. Men så mycket Kardemumma - varför??

evacecilias
evacecilias

I agree with Cereza but the ingridient that kills it for me is once again.... Tuberose !
Cant wear that note, I`m sorry. Its soo sharp. With the cardamon top this could have been wonderful, but now its all clear to me,
No Tuberose ever works on me , period.
Thanks Fany for letting me try it, though..
Goes in next swap...

nakedcity
nakedcity

Amoureuse is Boudoir with a frown. The jasmine here takes a spin for the serious, not as serious as Thèrese but almost... It's that Roudnitska signature of brooding fruits and woods that does not quite work as perfectly as Boudoir's cheeky style. If I'm gonna wear such a sultry style of perfume, I'd rather do it in the can can Westwood way.

Cereza
Cereza

I can clearly understand the love for this perfume, but unfortunately it is not enjoyable for me at all. The first blast was divine jasmine, but on me it soon becomes overpowered by one of my "nemesis notes" - lily. It creeps around and in no time appears to become the most dominant note in this perfume, therefore making all the other notes seem unrelevant for me.
Unfortunately the case with lily and me, which with no doubt is a beautiful flower, is that in perfumery it always reminds me of funeral, death and sorrow. It has this creepily metallic and salty quality on my skin that makes me think of dead people.

These of course are just my thoughts, I believe many will find this beautiful. It just strikes me how one single note can ruin everything for me.

akats
akats

Yes, indeed...Lovely perfume! Delicious, carnal and romantic together! It starts juicy with the tangerine accompanied by cardamon and honey note that appears from the beginning. Then, white florals step forward, but cardamon note is always present and gifts them a spicy boost. Tuberose is very subtle here, blended nicely with jasmine and lys. Sandalwood is also more prominent than moss when the dry down comes and gives its depth and warmth. Overall, the scent although is fruity and a bit spicy, manages to escape from sweetness or floral chypre character and passes to another dimension. That of an airy floral with a sexy trail. That's why it seems romantic to me.

Thanks smelling_gr8 for my precious decant. I will cherise every drop of it until I'll be able to buy a bigger bottle too!

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Amoureuse is a beautiful and an unusual perfume. Not at all what I expected.
The top notes are rather amazing, I get sweet honeyed juicy tangerines with freshly crushed cardamon. Luckily for me, the top notes last and last and last, good 3-4 hours and this stage is very addictive as I have to keep sniffing my top/wrist/wherever I applied to get this spicy juicy yumminess. At this stage, it reminds of of a spicy fruity tea my lovely fragrantican friend sent me from Greece.
Eventually, the tangerine goes (damm!!!) and jasmine comes through, accompanied by oakmoss and a bit of tuberose, some cardamon still in the background but quite faint and by this point, the tangerine has run away booohooooo. Eventually (after many hours), the scent turns into a floral soap scent with a very faint hint of spice. It lingers on clothes for a day or two.
As for application, 3-4 squirts is enough to last the day in the office, perhaps couple more in the evening, or if you are brave but I feel 3-4 is optimum. I find myself adding couple of squirts after the opening notes start fading, but this is only because these notes are sooo addictive. Over the top application tends to result in suffocating, almost bitter, scent that will clear the room, so beware.
In conclusion, I am bagging myself this beauty, despite a heavy price tag......I will be skint but I will smell divine.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Gorgeous perfume. But one must love jasmine to really appreciate. It can be a bit of a problem note for me, but in this juice, its just right. The honey and jasmine mix works very well on my skin, just a wee bit dirty but nowhere near urinic (thank goodness!!) The citrus adds some freshness to the scent and in the drydown, you get this lovely green. Its like I smell fresh sap from a tree.

Must take care to not over-spray on this because it can turn into something ugly...Just ask me how I know!! At any rate, the scent however, when given 2-3 sprays is not particularly heavy at all. Sillage is perfect on 2-3 sprays, longevity is slightly past 8 hours. This could work on cooler summer days but maybe not a day past 30C.

For me its perfectly suited for fall/spring.

Killercolours

Also, I want to update it with one single word that I missed in my last review: Indole.

The indolic element is probably what gives Amoureuse it's insane power over me. I'm so-so about indole, sometimes it destroys the whole perfume experience and sometimes it makes my blood rush as if I actually fell in love. This time it's obviously the latter. A spank with the bride boquet at a spring wedding. Yes mistress!

Killercolours

So thick and full bodied that you could beat a horse to the ground with the fumes. Period.

When applied sparingly Amoureuse becomes one of the most beautiful, romantic pieces of class that I've ever worn on my skin. It surrounds you like a foot-length woolen coat but with the lovely optimism of spring. This is what I'll be wearing in cold January when there's no sign of life here in Sweden, the time of the year when I would exchange almost anything for a waft of blooming white flowers and the sound of buzzing bees. I'm so glad to have found that treasure bottled.

sky blue
sky blue

A bit strange woody-floral with green accents and honey notes which I usualy detest in fragrances, but here they add a mysterious vibe to it, making it an intoxicating and elegant skin scent.

Amoureuse is a very special fragrance, very complex and sophisticated.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I hate to be so harsh, but, I could not stand this scent. This one at first tries to smell jasminey, like VW's Boudoir- it failed miserably! On my skin it's straight, bad jasmine and no other notes.

After drydown, on my skin, Amoureuse smells exactly like a mixture of dead jasmine in old nasty water, shaving cream & day old bad sex.

Needless to say, I would never repurchase this.

On the plus side, if you like it, it lasts forever and is very heady.

drummagick
drummagick

Honey, honey and more honey in the opening! I get not much tuberose on my skin, lots of honey and some tangerine in the background. This is the first time I've really been able to pick up a 'dirty' jasmine note in a perfume I've tried. Unfortunately, in the middle things start to smell somewhat synthetic. Maybe it is my chemistry. This is a very potent perfume, only a drop is needed. A half drop. ;)

Tovah
Tovah

I think this fragrance is incredibly beautiful. If it were jewelry, it would be Schlumberger's Bird on a Rock with a Tiffany yellow diamond, and also Schlumberger's iconic Two Bees ring, with a diamond at the center. Amoureuse has curvilinear rhythms like Art Nouveau snakes, and it seems to blast white light, and white noise as it highlights the interconnectivity of natural and manufactured. A note that permeates throughout wear reminds me of waxy pollen on the anther of a clematis; sweet,and sticky. The animalic characters of jasmine and tuberose are intensified by cardamom and moss, and slight touches of honey warm this oddly chilling fragrance. I know this is classified as a Floral, but on my skin it's a musky-woody-chypre. It's incredibly heavy (think Aromatics Elixir-heavy), but its overall spotlight on linden makes it completely irresistible to me. I'd rather smell it, than wear it though, which doesn't make much sense. When we talk about fragrance "taking you to another place", it's perfumes like Amoureuse that inspire this reaction. Amoureuse has so much intensity, it seems like it could take over, like some changeling soul snatcher. Amoureuse has a power that seems almost supernatural, because its so very strong and evocative. It's undoubtedly a work of genius, and, to me, its even more beautiful than Perfume de Therese. Houdini would give this to Bess.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Because of my perfume history, whenever I smell tangerine in the opening I will always think of Parfum de Therese. With Amoureuse I thought "Ooh, Roudnista + tangerine=I will like!" But alas, there are a couple of missteps for me, and they are: too much white floral and not enough woody base.

I've now smelled the majority of Del Rae's fragrances and I"ve come to believe these are marketed to a very specific profile; just as Caron parfums are marketed specifically to myself.

The person who can wear Del Rae is someone whose chemistry sinks white florals. This person probably gravitates towards the fruities and has a big ol' jasmine garden outside their window.

I gravitate towards green woodies, deep orientals and dry spices. Amoureuse is interesting to me because of the opening, but as others are pointing out, there is a big sweetness factor here. keep that in mind when deciding to sample.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Super strong, mildly spicy floral vanilla up front, with notes of jasmine and lilac. I can also smell the tangerine that’s listed in the notes, more in the sillage than up close. It is slightly reminiscent of the honeyed scent of linden blossoms, but bigger and more of a white floral. I believe I detect a good bit of aurantiol, which bolsters up the citrus and gives it a bit of an orange-blossom note.

Amoureuse is a well-made perfume that’s too heavy on the florals for my taste. I think it’s the lilac note, whatever that is, that detracts from what would I would otherwise enjoy for its spicy, green, linden, honey character. Despite the roaring start, the scent only lasts a few hours, fading away into nothingness without much change on the way.

"YOUTH DEW meets BOUDOIR" is how I would describe Parfums DelRae AMOUREUSE, which is not necessarily a bad thing. It all depends on how one feels about the oily tarrish quality of YOUTH DEW and BOUDOIR's bizarre Dentyne-like minty freshness atop a soiled layer of lingerie. These unseemly notes combine in AMOUREUSE to produce a rather unique perfume.

Slightly more oriental than anything else--beyond sui generis--I would hesitate to call this a modern chypre, for it doesn't have the same delightfully addictive quality that I've found in my favorite perfumes from that category. AMOUREUSE is definitely wearable, but I don't find it compelling, and I do truly believe that anyone who wants to smell like this could achieve the very same effect by soaking in a YOUTH DEW oil-tinged bath and then spritzing on BOUDOIR.

adele l
adele l

I do detect a note in common with LP de Therese- but I cannot wear the Malle even though it is interesting. Amoureuse is incredibly warm and wearable on me even though the jasmine is a little dirty in the opening notes! Like the others of this line it seems to morph quickly and become a warm, intoxicating skin scent that is very tenacious. Impressive for sure ( Mythique is still tops).

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Wow, a majestic and serious floral, with good fixatives-modern chypre if you like. I get a combination of jasmine and tuberose that could knock me out almost, yet they smell as beautiful as a gated garden in a country town-with the flowers overtaking the gate-There is a nice touch of honey and cardamom, but they smell as if they were added in very small doses to make this BIG WHITE FLORAL more interesting. Surprisingly animalic, reminding me of some (not big name) vintage perfumes I tried, but Amoreuse is modern enough to wear out. The roaring animalics are all-or mostly indole, according to the notes, but it's really quite amazing.I adore the smell, but it is quite perfumey-meaning I love the strong intoxicating aura at first, but I grow weary of it very quickly-a bit of subtlety means more addictive-less drunkening. I applied the normal amount I would apply when testing a fragrance-0.1 ml I estimate-If I ever want to wear this again, 1 tiny dab to 2 pressure points would certainly be enough.

libertybelle
libertybelle

At first application I was reminded of Alberto V05 Hot oil hair treatment. It just had a thickness to the opening that reminded me of oil. The tuberose is fine but I'd prefer a little less jasmine. Give it about an hour though and the honey is more evident which I prefer. Luckily the cedar is retiring but so are the florals and oak moss which is too bad. On the low end of like for me and that's only because of the appealing honey drydown. If the opening continued in strength, it'd be on the dislike list for me.

Rita @leftcoastnose
Rita @leftcoastnose

"Amoureuse" is a "modern" chypre. Roudnitska chose tuberose and oakmoss as the basis—those are big, challenging, opinionated smells going at one another. But the results are a symphony.

In wearing “Amoureuse,” I’ve recorded the following impressions: “sparkling pink tuberose and pale green cardamom bubbles;” “marvelous hot buttered Kettle Corn;” “the loveliest lightly-mulled chamomile tea and honey you ever tasted.” And finally, “the happy intersection where cinnamon meets champagne.”
I LOVE "Amoureuse."

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Here we have some true flower power! I applied Amoureuse EDP to my wrists and the tops of my forearms approximately 12 hours ago, and the fragrance is still going strong in both spots. That is very impressive for a floral scent in eau de parfum concentration!

Amoureuse starts out juicy and subtly sweet, like slicing into a ripe melon. The sweetness here is very different from the sugared berries and buttery vanillas that are common in so many modern fragrances.

This gentle sweetness gives way (after several hours! These are some of the longest-lasting top notes I've had the pleasure of wearing!) to beautiful floral notes with a whisper of green. The usually-loud tuberose and jasmine present themselves as a gentle floral bouquet in Amoureuse, with neither one competing for attention. My nose doesn't detect the cedar, cardamom or oakmoss as individual notes, but the fragrance has a bit of a green undertone, like a new green twig snapped from a tree in Springtime. The green aroma becomes more detectible as the fragrance dries down.

I am not sure what accounts for this, but I also perceive a cooling sensation in my nostrils when I sniff this fragrance.

Amoureuse is beautiful, feminine, complex and modern, even though it contains many traditional perfume notes. It's a masterful blend whose whole is greater than its parts. At he same time, you could stop the evolution of this fragrance at any point and the aroma would be very pleasant and wearable. To me, that's a mark of high quality.

veruska
veruska

A beautiful mysterious masterpiece, a slow unfolding epic of honey infused with white flowers heady and sweet rests in the slender bark of a cedar tree. My husband love it, and it turns heads!

Tuberose and cardamom. I get mostly cardamom and my sister gets gorgeous velvety tuberose with notes of cardamom.

adeline_chan_sy
adeline_chan_sy

Herad it on Nowsmellthis that has similarities to Le Parfum de Therese (Frederic Malle) but having had samples of both I think the link is mostly psychological as the perfumers are fathers and son (Roudnistska). Commonalities include the fact that both are fruity chypres.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfums DelRae Amoureuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfums DelRae Amoureuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amoureuse by Parfums DelRae. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amoureuse by Parfums DelRae represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.