Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Mythique Parfums DelRae for women

Mythique Parfums DelRae for women
dislike

Mythique Parfums DelRae for women Pictures

Mythique is a new perfume by Parfums DelRae from California. Founder of the house cooperated with Yann Vasnier on the perfume. This fragrance was inspired by a historical figure, beautiful Diane de Pointiers, who was favourite to French king Henry the Second.

Diane, an experienced horse rider, who stood out among other ladies with her attitudes, taste and beauty, received a gift from the King, a beautiful castle on the coast of the Loire river, chateau Chenonceaux. It was in its gardens that DelRae found flowers which surround the main flower of the composition - iris from Florence, from which the best oil is made.

The composition opens with mandarin, bergamot and ivy. A heart hides peony, Sambac jasmine and iris. A base is composed of sandalwood, Indonesian patchouli and herbal musk (ambrette).

Mandarin Orange Ivy Bergamot

Jasmine Peony Orris

Sandalwood Patchouli Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Mythique Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

bell'inizio pungente e aromaticissimo di ambretta e sandalo che presto si assesta su una polverosa nota di iris lievemente speziata. molto buono.

drlaurel
drlaurel

Too feminine for me, but i'll write a quick review….Opens with jasmine and powdery something, maybe violet? and then quickly morphs into something synthetique and not unlike cherry chapstick.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I got a sample from BeautyHabit, I've never heard of this. Wow, what a wild ride!!
The first blast is strange, reminded me of the smell of a beauty salon when you first walk in: A mix of shampoo, perm, hair color, nail polish, etc. Chemical yet feminine. Next I got a whiff of cinnamon-y spice. Weird, but not awful. Then it goes sweet, jasmine & peony, not my favorite. Then it dried down to a bad smell on me, like stale old perfume. A headache started coming in, so I had to wash it off... I never got citrus or patchouli.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

Mythique opens alright with the pasty orris root, fresh ivy and the nutty ambrette note. The alcohol smell persists during the first minute. Then jasmine blurs things up. I'd describe this whole experience as interesting rather than enjoyable. I really don't know what to think of a leafy powdery nutty scent.

But within an hour this expensive niche perfume turns into a terrible thing on my skin. The best way I can describe it is the smell of worn straw mat mixed with a hint of sweat. Exactly what you'd smell like on the hottest day on a tropical island lying in bed sweating your life away. The jasmine indole and patchouli mixed poorly I suppose, but where has that pasty orris gone???

A big no for me. I'll come back to edit if I finally find my creamy iris scent, but this is not creamy nor spectacular, especially after the dry down. Please test before buying.

archivist
archivist

Absolutely one of the best iris perfumes I've tried to date. No supplemental "purple" smell - just that lovely rich orris butter, as close to sticking your face in a bowl of orris butter as you can get. Very fresh without being soapy or astringent, no topped up carrot but the ambrette does lend a lovely earthy Queen Anne's Lace rootiness, which is frankly much more iris-y than the carrot that gets injected into Iris Silver Mist and Do Re, for example. I've been marching through sampling as many iris soliflores and iris-dominant scents as I can get my hands on for the last while, and this is hands-down the most high-volume *and* realistic; NK Space "In Peace" is equally as realistic but is much sheerer than this. My other favorite is Odori Iris, which is also lighter and is also more like an airy iris marshmallow, there's a sweetness to it that I enjoy, though the sillage and intensity are both quite low. This is absolutely THE scent that should be #1 on everyone's "iris reference" list, 100%. And for me, it's definitely a holy grail iris. It's at the top of my want/buy list now. Many thanks to chickenpotpie for the generous sample.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

This has been one of my favorite scents since I tried it (and bought it) a couple of years ago.

Unlike some, I don't get candy. Maybe its the age of my bottle, I don't know, but I get a very lovely and warm orris combined with a fluff of jasmine and a smidge of orange. Its very much a 'skin scent' on me, one that I really enjoy. The scent smells 'violet'. Not in scent, but in color.

It also dosen't change much, which sometimes, I don't want a scent that does acrobatics. It just smells good. Very good lasting power even in warm weather. Being we're in the middle of the worst winter on record, this is a welcome and uplifting change today.

A nice onset but as the iris burns off, it becomes sweet and syrupy. Pass

leathermountain
leathermountain

I'm getting a huge hit of artificial fruit-flavoring smell. If I concentrate hard, I can think of it as ivy and iris and musk, but the immediate and overwhelming sensual impression is far less interesting than all that.

Gosha
Gosha

I like the first moments of this fragrance. Somehow sublte floral and powdery - it must be the iris and a touch of jasmine on me - but a very brief moment later an unusual scent emerges and I agree with Sherapop that it is "almost caraway seed-like note". I was not able to describe it like this until I read the reviews, but for the folowing half an hour (which is roughly the lengh of time I could detect this fragrance, after that it completely disapeared on me) I kept thinking: "cooking" and "savoury dishes". Maybe it is the ambrette combined with some other components (Ivy?), maybe it is something this fragrance does to my chemistry, but I can't stop thinking about food! :-)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out as dry, powdery violets mixed with some natural plant extract scent like angelica, and soap, but quickly settles into a comfortable, low-key violet-suede scent. I really don’t smell anything floral except the violet, which is fine with me.

The drydown retains the powdery, slightly metallic-green violet and suede, but becomes a little warmer and sweeter after the first hour or so, slowly taking on some clean musky notes and turning into more of a watery iris than a violet. At this point it’s one of those “your skin but better” scents, all warm and fuzzy and musky, with just a little hint of fresh, creamy, iris-scented powder. Although not strong, it lasts for at least 6 hours.

Mythique seems like it would be a good fragrance to wear when I want something smooth and subtle that sticks close to the skin, a scent that other people will not really notice on a conscious level. Mythique is one of the few Delraes that I would wear on a regular basis, and definitely worth trying for lovers of iris and subtle skin scents.

possumke
possumke

This is the first time I am trying one of the Parfum Delrae line. First impression...plasticky cucumber, cardboard box, and lipstick....!
Sorry, even after 10 minutes, I still get these impressions. I wish I could appreciate the notes in this blend....oooooh, wait a minute, I just got....soapy Iris and leather?! well, at least the dry-down smells ok

Roeetha
Roeetha

I haven't sniffed this perfume, but I HAD to comment on Catbiscuit's review, its the first that made me laugh out loud.. you HAVE to be an Aussie, Catbiscuit! I can see this so clearly and now, I have no desire to test this perfume. thanks for saving me!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Gentle readers, let me paint you a picture if I may...

It is 10pm on a Friday night at the local McDonalds. The teenage boys are out in the carpark, preening like peacocks in thier fully sick 5 door hatchbacks with uber-mufflers.

There is a new employee at the french fry station, he is nervous and over-compensating for feelings of inadequacy with liberal shakes of the salt dispenser.

There is a gaggle of cougars in the corner, big hair, solarium tanned bosoms heaving out of low-cut tops, eyeing off the local youths in the carpark, overly-salty french fries clasped between thier red-painted lips, thier very pores oozing lusty female musk, co-mingling with the skanky scent of thier favourite Elizabeth Arden musk based perfume.

A business lady wafts in wearing a lovely, classy Iris but she is mostly drowned out by the miasma of salty skank musk smogging up the place. Besides she only there to pick up a Family Meal Deal so she isn't there for nearly long enough.

And I am there too, in the bathroom, scrubbing my wrists.

chiccouture
chiccouture

This is such a comfort scent to wear! It clings to you just like a second skin and adapts to your moods almost perfectly. It is silky, smooth and is a very soft iris with a touch of green. Modern adn unobtrusive it is your most cherished silk underwear.

This would be the perfume you'd reach for when you're traveling to make an unfamilar place feel like your own hometown. It soothes your senses and cuddles up to you at night. Wear this scent for youself and feel like the mistress of Chenonceau with it's beautiful gardens and dewy irises. This isn't a scent for everyone just like other perfumes on the market. If you're thinking of giving off a seductive vibe then think twice about using this. There are others out there that will do the job. This one is an escape route from the busy days in your life and is perfect for almost any occasion. Wear it to opera, going for a walk or even just as scent you can snuggle up to with your beloved.

People seem to find this scent to disappear and of course I understand this may be due to skin chemistry but when I thought that it left me, every now and then it would come back and haunt me. It's definitely there! Maybe that's why it's called Mythique. It eludes you until it wants to be noticed. Rather than have a perfume that's always clogging your nose this one comes to you unobtrusively and leave you wondering who it was that smelt so divine. I recommend this perfume for those who want something different from the generic brands and since not many people know about this one, it's special on a whole other level. Give this one a try if you want to be comforted, relax after a busy day and be surrounded by a fresh garden littered with the orange gold flecks of the setting sun ;)

mseidoom
mseidoom

The opening of this fragrance, I did not like. Smelled like a combination of an "off" scent/cucumber/patchouli. I didn't smell any peony, which I would have liked. When it does settle, the scent does remind me of Heure Exquise by Annick Goutal. I believe this is better smelling later on, but I can't take the beginning.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Yes, I agree, an unresistable beautiful creamy powdery velvety Iris! It s also the very best of this line, elegant and noble. With the blending notes of sandalwood and ambrette you can even think of a leathery iris! Simply wonderful

DelRae Perfume MYTHIQUE offers a splendid mélange of notes, including irresistible iris and addictive ambrette. Upon initial application of this fragrance I was baffled as to the identity of the slightly dark, somewhat nutty, almost caraway seed-like note. It appears to be the work of the ambrette mingling with the sandalwood, and the deepness of the sambac jasmine working together with ivy.

The floral feature of MYTHIQUE is definitely iris, which is enrobed by the ambrette and the sandalwood without ever being masked. The truly unique drydown lasts a very long time and becomes nicer and nicer as it heats on the skin.

To my nose, MYTHIQUE is more of a floriental woody than a floral woody musk, but what really matters is that all of the notes play off one another harmonically. Highly recommended for iris lovers!

Thank you Celina, for introducing me to yet another compelling perfume and also to the house of DelRae!

adele l
adele l

This is flat out beautiful- even moreso into the far drydown which is incredibly warm and clean. It starts off cool and green then turns warm and woodsy which is really unique. The iris is breathtaking here in the far drydown...applied several hours ago and am still catching whiffs which are not obnoxious at all! Well done.

DaisyQ
DaisyQ

This scent is one of the most gorgeous I own.

Put simply, it is a creamy sueded iris scent. It stays close to the skin, yet lingers all day. It is unlike any other scent I've come across and every time I wear it, I feel like I am wearing something very precious and rare.

I ordered the sampler directly from the manufacturer and tried all of her scents. Although some of the other scents are truly wonderful, this - to me - was in a league all its own. I have sampled a lot of niche iris scents and this is easily in my top two. It's a stunning creation from Parfums DelRae, the crown jewel in her line.

Well done.

Rita @leftcoastnose
Rita @leftcoastnose

Out of the bottle, jasmine and orris. It manages to be both big and light all at once, like a 18 foot-high wall of windows, letting in a flood of natural sunlight.
Then, after about 45 minutes, it does something very distinct. It narrows and becomes one clear, quiet note. The woods drop off, and all that is left is an extremely clean smell: freshly cut rose stems, wheatgrass juice, sweet pea, water-on-stone, unscented bar soap. It is the smell of the "perfect white shirt."

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Mythique is my favorite of the Parfums Delrae line. It's a perfect scent for fall weather and an excellent example of a floral woody musk.

The opening blast of greens and juicy citruses fades after 30 minutes or so to the dry, woody florals. Iris is definitely the star of the show in this phase. I don't detect peony's sweet florals or the narcotic rush of jasmine at all. Just warm, sultry iris. The iris in Mythique has a much earthier, more natural aroma than I detect in other Iris fragrances such as Yves Rocher Iris Noir.

After several hours, the sandalwood and a faint hibiscus note begin to emerge. I see patchouli listed as an individual note, but my nose doesn't detect it at all. The base notes are typical of other floral woody musks and remind me a bit of Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman, or even Avon's Absynthe. Not sweet, not moist. Very woody.

The overall effect of Mythique is that of dried flower petals in an ornately-carved sandalwood keepsake box. It's subtle, but tenacious. The scent lingers all day long, softly announcing its presence from time to time.

All of the Parfums Delrae scents seem very feminine to me, including Mythique, but this is the only one in the line that I could possibly imagine on a man.

mbanderson61
mbanderson61

Just when I thought that I couldn't possibly crave another fragrance based on iris, Delrae rolls out Mystique. Opening with just a touch of mandarin and green notes, barely detectable, Mythique settles into the most gorgeous sueded iris that I have encountered in, well, quite a while.

Reminding me of a very subtle and more floral version of Lutens Daim Blond, this is a scent that wears like a soft glove. It is iris without the rootiness and suede with a slightly honeyed, moist warmth. Stunning.

autumn93
autumn93

I received a sample of this with my order of Eau Illuminee, which I love.
Mythique smells like a cedar chest filled with cherry Jolly Ranchers. I don't get any flowers. Just tangy cherries and a little cedar.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfums DelRae Mythique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfums DelRae Mythique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mythique by Parfums DelRae. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mythique by Parfums DelRae represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.