Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

tobacco
cinnamon
Herod Parfums de Marly for men Pictures

Heord is the seventh perfume from the house Parfums de Marly. It is classified as a woody - spicy composition.

Top notes: cinnamon and pepper wood. Heart: osmanthus, tobacco leaf, labdanum and incense. Base: vanilla, cedar, vetiver, patchouli, iso e super, cypriol and musk.

It is available as 125 ml EDT. Herod was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Pescheux.

Cinnamon Pepper

Osmanthus Tobacco Leaf Incense Labdanum

Vanilla Cedar Vetiver Iso E Super Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Musk

Herod Fragrance Reviews

persefoni
persefoni

Why the h*#@ would anyone name a perfume after a tyran/paranoid (proven, since Salome was his daughter..), who murdered many in his family (including a wife and 2 of his children) and was responsible for the Massacre of the Innocents, namely all boys under the age of 2 in Bethlehem , to secure his throne?

What's next? Eau de Hitler..???

vserdar
vserdar

I really do not know how to write down a review for this one.BEST OF BEST!!!!
There is no equalıvent and people please do not compare it with Tobacco Vanille.Because it will be really to dishonur this MASTERPIECE

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

Possibly my favorite tobacco scent. Incredible. Price is high but you get a lot of juice. I would pull the trigger again and again and again on this one. Well worth it. Happy Hunting.

bossontherun
bossontherun

This is hands down the best of the very best fragrance ever created. Sweet and cool out with a tobacco leaf undertone. Can i give it 100/10? Yes, I just did!

bizarre9
bizarre9

what a perfume
one of the best perfume that i have ever smelled
longevity is superb-on my skin more than 24 hours
highly recommended

cseybert
cseybert

This is some great smelling stuff for the first five minutes on my skin. Then it dries down to an almost identical smell of Black XS paco rabanne. Don't get me wrong I have used Black XS and really like it. But for the price difference.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Herod will always live in Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille's shadow. It's the darker, less gregarious and tamer younger brother. Opening with an appealing yet odd medicinal raspberry/blackberry, cured lightly smoked dark leaf tobacco, semi-sweet cinnamon and sweet, creamy vanilla notes it remains rather linear throughout. Cinnamon and tobacco and a touch of smokey vanilla persist well into the drydown where the spice and smoke are most prominent. To me, tobacco vanille is brighter, warmer and more inviting with a light cigar wrapper tobacco, warm sweet cinnamon and rich vanilla with a touch of bright dried fruits in contrast to the dark leaf slightly smoked tobacco, semi-sweet cinnamon and bourbon vanilla with hints of dark berry in Herod. I prefer Tobacco Vanille for it's warmth, sweetness and opulence.

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

I am deeply impressed, this really is great! HEROD is an amazing fragrance, really a candidate for the next up-date of my top 15. 4.5 from 5 - 95P from 100 - vanilla tobacco - The strong top note is "lush plain vanilla" - like hot vanilla pudding, or a melted vanilla candle. The transition to the heart is continuous, from round vanilla to strong noble tobacco and hot apple strudel with cinnamon. The advantage to the similar Dior Homme Intense is the continuous flow . The vanilla never leaves tobacco alone (this is a difference to DHI: it starts with sole hot apple strudel, and ends only with tobacco) . Long lasting and complete, complex despite the simple top note, HEROD really is a masterpiece.

Mikeyd
Mikeyd

OK. . In a nutshell it's a tame black afghano
With added subtle rasberry passing through nice stuff

snoooooopdogg123
snoooooopdogg123

From the first time I tested HEROD I loveee it so much.
its one of the best if not the best fragrance i have encountered ever!
The smell:tobacoo, sweet,cinnamon,vanilla with many notes makes it unique complex &sexy fragrance.
longevity:excellent stayed on my skin 10+hr
projection:still under testing but I feel around 3-4hrs with good projection.
The bottel:elegant, heavy, so in love with it.

I tested it 4 times till now&with each time im falling in love more&more and finally ordered one as i found good deal.
Put your nose on it&u ll be amazed.
HEROD (True Gem&my new signature♡ )

thanks to al&fragrancebros for your great reviews on HEROD.

Roge'
Roge'

I think Herod is more closely related to a fragrance that you may or may not be familiar with called Tabac Rouge. Instead of the typical oriental fixings, this one is spiked with a pinch of mouth watering osmanthus for teasing purposes. What's a good oriental without cinnamon? This has just the right amount of sweet and spices for admiration. A well made fragrance laced with "grown up tobacco." I dreamt many days of showing this off but to my chagrin, the projection in Herod had planned otherwise. Not a total bummer, at least I can use this scent for close quarters...

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

ell let me just start by saying that finally I have found what exactly fits for being my signature scent..
I was quite optimistic before trying Herod ,the.much popular scent by Patfums de Marly and it proved that it is worth the praise it is getting...
At the initial whiff I get the smell similar to 24 Platinum by Scentstory.
Just in 10-15mins the smell takes a new turn wherein I can detect a lovely tobacco note oomphing out! The tobacco note is not harsh here which is the best part..
All I get I loads of compliments from my colleagues ..and yes its lasted for around 9-10hrs which I decent enough for a niche perfume. Projection can b said as heavy for 1st hour and then.onwards say around 1feet!!
Was lucky to find it with Splash Fragnance,India.
+91 8956139654
thanks a tonne

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

I have TV, ambre narguille, tabac rouge this for me is just amazing and its more versatile then the other one just wow !

Oh and i get compliment all the times with this its crazy !

keedon
keedon

I am trying to get a sample of this but it is rather hard to find, and too pricy! Might as well split this since it will be cheaper than buying samples. I can get it for 1.6usd/ml (10ml= 16USD). Just let me know if you are interested to try this frag with me. I heard a lot about this being the better one up against Tobacco Vanille, which is hard to beat in goodness.

ILYSM
ILYSM

رایحه خیلی کلاسیکی داره مثل پور ان هم میمونه که میوه ای تر شده

Rouj
Rouj

Comparison to Tom Ford's TV is unavoidable, and unfortunate. To my nose, TV is the loud and obnoxious younger brother to this masterpiece. When i first put on TV I was turned off to the idea of the tobacco vanilla combination, and it was Herod that brought me back.The opening spices are magnificent. The dry down is fantastic, smooth and likable tobacco and vanilla. It is not a perfume that yells at those around me to pay attention, but when someone does they love it and must know what it is. This give Herod a lot of versatility, I'd be perfectly comfortable wearing it during most occasions. The ingredients also seem very natural and high quality, little synthetic feeling from this fragrance. My only wish is that it's longevity was that of TV. This is one of my favorite fragrances period/

Kain
Kain

I can see some people comparing this to "Tobacco Vanille" from "Tom Ford" so I was really excited to test it and see how this one work against TV.
When you spray this fragrance on your skin and you're smelling it, first thing that attack your nose is lots of spices and semi sweet vanilla smell.
There are lots of spices, specially cinnamon and some black pepper that creating a bitter spicy scent.
They're strong but not offensive.
There is a light incense scent that give the smell a smoky aroma but not too much.
The semi sweet vanilla scent also exist that tune down those spices.
There is no sign of tobacco yet so it doesn't smell like "TV" at all!
As time goes by, the spices settle down and now tobacco kick in.
The scent also start to warm up and get sweeter in honey like way and this is where you will find similarities with "TV".
The tobacco note in "Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille" smell like wet tobacco leafs, but in this one, tobacco note smell like dried and herbal tobacco.
Tom Ford doesn't have strong spices (it's softer against this) but this one does, and the cinnamon scent give it a bitter scent.
Tobacco Vanille is simpler and definitely has better quality against this, but this one is a little more complex and a little more masculine because of strong spices.
Tobacco vanille is more sexy and yummy, but this one is richer and heavier.
Projection and longevity both are great.
All and all, it's a really good sweet and spicy tobacco based fragrance which has some similarities with "Tobacco Vanille" but at the same time it's something different.
If I had to put a number for similarities between this and "Tobacco Vanille", it's going to be 50 percent!
Personally I prefer "Tobacco Vanille".

این عطر با توباکو وانیل تام فورد مقایسه میشه که شخصا باعث شد خیلی مشتاق بشم تستش کنم
وقتی این عطر رو روی پوستتون اسپری میکنین اولین چیزی که حس میکنین بوی تلخ دارچین و کمی فلفل سیاه هست که رایحه ملایمی از بخور و کمی رایحه شیرین وانیل اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه ابتدایی تلخ و اسپایسی هست و کمی دودی و کمی هم شیرین و اصلا تنباکو نداره. پس تو این مرحله شما هیچ شباهتی بین این و توباکو وانیل تام فورد نمیبینین
به مرور زمان رایحه دارچین و فلفل ضعیف تر میشن و حالا بوی توتون به عطر اضافه میشه
عطر شروع میکنه به شیرینتر شدن و حسی گرم و شبیه به بوی عسل به خودش میگیره
حالا شما میتونین شباهتهایی بین این و تام فورد پیدا کنین
رایحه تنباکو تو تام فورد حس تنباکوی خیس رو داره ولی تو این تنباکو بوی خشک و گیاهی مانند داره
تام فورد بوی تلخ و ادویه ای نداره اما این بدلیل بوی دارچین حس تلخ و سنگین تری داره
تام فورد بوش از این ساده تره ولی کیفیت ساخت بهتری داره، در عوض این بوش پیچیده تره و بدلیل وجود رایحه تلخ دارچین حس مردانه تری داره
تام فورد به نظر من سکسی تر و جذابتر و خوشمزه تره، اما این سنگین تر و رسمی تر
در نهایت کار بسیار خوبی هست که علیرغم شباهت هایی با توباکو وانیل، تفاوتهایی هم داره و بوشون کاملا شبیه هم نیست
به نظر من بوشون حدود 40 الی 50 درصد شباهت داره
پخش و ماندگاریش هر دو عالیه
شخصا توباکو وانیلُ بیشتر از این دوست دارم اما اینم کار بسیار خوبی هست

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

A better version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, in a subtle way. It's very close to TV but its palette is a little broader, resulting in a fragrance with more depth. Wear it and smell like a rich man. Or woman.

drakecito
drakecito

Well,
I love this stuff but I was spected something more powerfull and with more character... This is too light for me and the price is excessive.

Projection is moderate and longevity very good but I have to get the nose close to the skin to smell the fragrance.
Very well blended the tobacco with the sweet notes.

Sillage: 4/10

I bought a full bottle... ;)

Xanovia
Xanovia

A buddy of mine picked this up for me in Dubai and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite fragrances of all time... I personally do not feel this smells anything like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille... TV has a very upscale cigar tobacco smell to it with vanilla and a little spice... And it is beautiful in it's own right and I love it as does my wife... Anyone over high school age will be able to pull off TV with no problems in my opinion...

Now lets get to the star of the show... Herod smells of rich pipe tobacco with creamy vanilla, spice, and while not in the note break down I get hints of chocolate... Holy hell does this juice smell DIVINE!!! I am one of those people that normally does not wear the same fragrance for a second day in a row but it was cool the last 3 days and I wore Herod all three of them and that is REALLY saying something...

Because of the use of rich pipe tobacco in this fragrance some people may feel this skews more mature and I would agree... However I feel that if you are not 30+, a sophisticated young person would be able to pull this off without issue... This fragrance reeks of old money gentleman in their smoking parlor with their pipes packed with rich blends...

STUNNING...

It is not a screaming attention grabbing fragrance and tends to sit close to the skin after the first couple of hours but when a loved one gives you a hug they will notice it even when you no longer do... I need to put this fragrance away for a while because my other fragrances need love too but man I can not wait to pull this back out in the late Autumn and Winter...

10+/10...

mfire
mfire

یک عطر بسیار خوشبو و با دوام و خوشمزه که بهتون اعتماد به نفس میده، با رایحه ای بسیار نزدیک به "تام فورد - تنباکو وانیل" با قیمت بسیار پایینتر.
همونطور که از اسمش یعنی هیـــرود بر میاد احساس قهرمان بودن رو میتونید با هیرود تجربه کنید.
بطری عطر رو که توی دستتون میگیرید احساس قدرت میکنید، وقتی اسپری می کنید احساس قهرمان بودن بهتون منتقل میشه و حالا وقتشه که لبخند بزنید و احساس سر مستی کنید... بوی تنباکو و وانیلیش، شیرینیِ بالانسی بوجود آورده که مطمئنن عاشقش میشید. بعد از اسپری کردنش بوی تنباکو و وانیل و دارچین و شیرینیه عسل به مشامتون میرسه. از ابتدا تا انتهای عمر عطر رایحه هیرود بارها تغییر میکنه مثل این میمونه که هر دفعه که عطر رو بو میکنی یه عطر جدید بو کردی واسه همین هیچوقت ازش خسته نمیشین. بعد از 4-5 ساعت هم بوی تنباکو خیلی کمرنگ میشه و جاشو به رایحه دلپذیر وانیل میده و رایحه عطر تا حدودی شبیه به Strictly Private Baldessarini میشه البته با کمی شیرینی بیشتر به علاوه کمی رایحه اسپایسی و البته شفافیت و کیفیت بالاتر.
هرچی از اسپری شدنش میگذره پخش بوش بهتر میشه و تا 3 ساعت با قدرت ادامه داره ولی بعدش به کـُـندی شروع به ضعیف شدن میکنه، البته همچنان قابل حسه و اگر زیاد اسپری کرده باشید بقیه متوجه رایحه ش میشن. از اون دسته عطرهایی نیست که فقط 2 اسپری نیاز باشه که غوغا کنه، به نظرم برای مکان های بسته به حداقل 4 اسپری و مکانهای باز حداقل 6 تا 8 اسپری نیاز دارید تا بقیه رو جادو کنید... الان که دارم این متنو مینویسم 6 ساعت از اسپری شدنش میگذره و با اینکه فقط 2 بار یکی بر روی مچ و یکی بر روی پیراهنم اسپری کردم ولی همچنان رایحه عطر رو به وضوح حس میکنم.
به نظرم مثل عطرهای جنگلی و وودی که یاداور رنگ سبز هستن، رایحه هیرود هم مدام رنگ قرمز و صورتی رو گوشزد میکنه...

عطری مناسب برای فصل سرد، اما قابل استفاده در شبهای خنک تابستان نیز میباشد
مناسب مهمانی ها و مراسم ویژه
رایحه: 11/10
پخش بو: 9/10
ماندگاری:10/10
قیمت حدود 500 هزارتومان

hakan baygin
hakan baygin

is very successful. I love it. I am very happy in using.

tasmeem
tasmeem

شباب اللي جرب العطر أنا اشتريته ولاحظت أنه جميل جدا جدا لكن هل هو فواح ؟ هل جائتك انطباعات من أناس شموه من مسافة أم لا ؟

ckman2011

يلفت النظر
ويرفع الأنوف

mahsam.raza
mahsam.raza

Smells amazing, nothing like Herod out there. very disappointed with the projection though. Longevity is decent around 10 hrs but after the first 1 hr it became a strict skin scent. I expected more when I paid $225 for a 125 ML bottle

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Very sweet, warm scent. Literally attracts closer to you...I very love the concept of re-creating the modern way of the old French perfumery from the 18th century! Very nice and easy to wear scent, what I can imagine more for winter night outs or for bedtime stories :)

vergil_s
vergil_s

Actually when I saw the notes ( after testing pegasus ), I thought to myself : Oh God, another boring vanilla base fragrance from marly!
But when I tested it I realized it is surprisingly Good!
I really like this stuff!
A great combination of cinnamon , vanilla , and lovely tobacco.
Very pleasant sweet woody spicy fragrance.
I think it's not very similar to tom ford tobacco vanille.
Both of them are tobacco-vanille base fragrances,but tobacco vanille is based on tobacco and smoky scent of tobacco.
while herod is based on sweet blend of cinnamon and vanilla and tobacco with hint of woody notes.
Opening scent is strong scent of cinnamon and pepper but after 10min it becomes balanced with tobacco and other notes.
And in dry down we have delicious notes of musk ,vanilla , tobacco and woody note of cedre wood and vetiver.
Very masculine and Strong.
Projection and longevity are great.

راستش وقتی من نت های این عطر رو دیدم و چون قبلش پگاسوس رو تست کرده بودم با خودم گفتم:
یه عطر خسته کننده ی دیگه با بوی وانیل
اما وقتی تستش کردم نظرم کاملا عوض شد.
یه عطر مردونه ی خیلی خوشبو با یه بوی محرک و شیک.
یه ترکیب عالی از تنباکو و داچین و وانیل که هیچ کدومشون تو ذوق نمیذنن.
و نت چوبی خس خس و چوب سدر اون رو خیلی متعدل تر و مردونه تر کرده.
مناسب واسه مهنونی های شبوبه.
پخش بو ماندگاری خیلی خوبی هم داره.

Perfumato
Perfumato

Now thats what i call cheescake!!.

No way to classify this fragrance as gourmand,Actually this fragrance is ready to be eaten.

for all the fragrance lovers with sweet tooth don't ever miss taking a bite from this super delicious fragrance.

compared to tobacco vanille Herod is much smoother and wearable and to be honest there are obvious differences between the two fragrances. so no matter what if you like or dislike tobacco vanille never hesitate trying herod if you are into sweet fragrances or if you adore the aroma of the cheesecake.

Wise-222
Wise-222

i tried it today and i found it very similir to tom ford tobacco vanille.

babak125
babak125

i totally found you herod. where are you before?

Herod by Parfums de Marly 4.54 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfums de Marly Herod fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Parfums de Marly Herod, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Herod by Parfums de Marly. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Herod by Parfums de Marly represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.