Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Decadence Parlux for women

Decadence Parlux for women

Decadence Parlux for women Pictures

Decadence by Parlux is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Decadence was launched in 2005. Top notes are apple, peach, plum, raspberry and bergamot; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, marigold and rose; base notes are oakmoss, sandalwood and musk.

Apple Peach Plum Raspberry Bergamot

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Marigold Rose

Oakmoss Sandalwood Musk

Decadence Fragrance Reviews

The bottle I own looks exactly like the Prince Matchabelli version bottle. There is a Parlux bottle with a gold cap and no writing on the bottle. My box isn't dated, nor is the bottle, which is why I listed the Parfums International. If mine is a vintage, that would explain the problem with the dating above as 2005. PM's version is from 1985 and the notes differ as such:
Top: Bergamot, green notes, lemon, orange blossom, peach.
Middle: Carnation, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, orchid, rose, tuberose, ylang-ylang.
Base: Amber, cedarwood, moss, musk, vanilla, vetiver.
I didn't get any plum, apple or raspberry in my version. I did get loads of peach, vanilla and orange blossom, tho. When I said it smelled vintage tho, I meant vintage from decades ago, say from the 1950's or 1960's.
Thus, my review would be for an older bottle than 2005, still called Decadence, similar picture with black cap, different notes, not same manufacturer. (hope that clarifies...)

How does this differ from vintage Decadence?

This is a well-mixed blend of jammy fruits that are richly blended to give a vintage feel to a perfume that's really not that old. If you didn't know the name or year of this perfume you would swear you were smelling a vintage perfume from decades ago. It's full-bodied, thick and lays on a bed of deep woods.
It's a sticky floral, almost narcotic with its sweetness. Decadence is sensual, old-school and more sophisticated than one would expect for its price. Some might call this a stuffy type of perfume, and that's ok. It's just not their style. It's not for everyone. That's what makes perfumes fun for all of us.
Decadence is long-lasting and strong, better-suited for nights. If you're looking for a strong perfume that brings you back to vintages, this might be one that's affordable. It's like walking down a lush garden path, inhaling every bouquet you can, with an outdoor kitchen not far away.
My bottle for reference is made by Parfums International.

Decadence by Parlux 4.38 out of 5 based on 11 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parlux Decadence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parlux Decadence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Decadence by Parlux. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Decadence by Parlux represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Dana Tabu Calvin Klein Obsession Rochas Femme Rochas Yves Saint Laurent Opium Thierry Mugler Womanity Lanvin Arpege Van Cleef & Arpels First Animale Animale Guerlain Mahora Christian Dior Poison Cartier Must de Cartier Lancome Magie Noire Givenchy Ysatis Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Hanae Mori Hanae Mori Halston Halston Classic Salvador Dali Salvador Dali Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme Intense Givenchy Ange ou Demon Animale Animale Animale