Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Design Paul Sebastian for women

Design Paul Sebastian for women
dislike

tuberose

Design by Paul Sebastian is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Design was launched in 1985. Top notes are tuberose, orange blossom, peach and jasmine; middle notes are honeysuckle, carnation, gardenia, lilac, ylang-ylang and rose; base notes are sandalwood, black currant, musk and civet.

Tuberose Orange Blossom Peach Jasmine

Honeysuckle Carnation Gardenia Lilac Ylang-Ylang Rose

Sandalwood Black Currant Musk Civet

Design Fragrance Reviews

rockegg
rockegg

I was given a bottle of this from a rental car agency back in the 80's as a promo. I really didn't wear it. It never smelled like one thing or another to me. I never seemed to be able to wrap my mind around it or let it capture my imagination or my heart. After a few wearings I threw it out. Granted I got it in the worst possible way: not selected by me or anybody who cared about me. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

jake.shouse

Just reordered this after not wearing it for a while my lover he doesn't like it but I love it he will get use too me wearing it... :)! Happy Perfuming.

aber19
aber19

I bought this fragrance for $29 for a 100mls EDT. It is a strong fragrance within the first five minutes then it softens greatly. The best way describe this perfume is that it smells identical to Beverley Hills Wings. Yes, it has some aspects of Giorgio and Red, but it would make a lovely night perfume as I put it on my pyjamas. I lasts about four hours on skin, but longer on clothes 8hrs plus. Yes, one spray is enough on the skin, but it is better a spray then walk through it. It has a very floral smell, but I do not distinguish all the notes as listed above. Also, a weakened Red Door or Bijan smell lingers in the dry down. It is quite linear, and does not change too much. I understand when people think this is a drawliner or airfresher perfume. I would not wear this to work, perhaps on the weekend due to its casual, and lower quality scent. Unfortunately, the cheap price for me reflects the poor quality of the perfume. If you love a weakened Red Door from Elizabeth Arden with sweetened gardenia, then this is for you. I did not smell any tuberose, unfortunately. The good thing I have Fracas and cherish this perfume. However said, the fragrance does have a market of admirers. It is just not my favourite, it is only okay for quality, has weak silage and is not original or a showstopper.

chance25
chance25

When ever summer rolls around I always reach for this. I smell it in the air as I'm shopping or going about my business. It's fruity liked stewed fruits then musky then floral. It's warm weather friendly and casual in an adult sort of way. I don't see many teens or twenty somethings wanting to smell like this.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I just repurchased this after years of not owning it. I had forgotten how much I love the sweet nectar in the lovely bottle. On me it is pure floral (mainly honeysuckle) with a hint of sandalwood and civet. It brings back memories of a simpler time and I will not be without it in my collection again.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I just tried this after many years and find it fruity, which it's not categorized. It smells like sky high blood sugar.

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

6 and a half hours on my skin and it was very linear. It doesn't really change. It's a trio of the peach and black currant, the white florals, and musk and civet. They seem to clash but it's oddly pleasing. I wish there's a woody musk (sandalwood) drydown though. It's like burning insence; it keeps giving off the same smell and, poof, if just disappears when the job is done. My first reaction to the spray is like sunshine through the window blinds in the morning. It's a bit irritating, coz it's just too bright. But as the day goes on, you either get used to it or the sillage gets smaller. I like it. It's just not that exciting, coz it doesn't evolve on the skin.

Alexir101
Alexir101

Just got this yesterday following reading so many reviews. On first spray I thought - oh too strong, but after about 10 minutes it transformed and softened to something beautiful, and stayed that way. Today I sprayed into the air and walked into it straight after my shower. That is how I will wear from now on, soft and sweet and lingering - just hints. Quite glamorous and alluring as a scent. Makes me smile.

Osusanna
Osusanna

It's taken over. I was afraid of it and now I'm in love with it. If I spray a q-tip with design and then dab the fragrance, I can then wear this confidently. It's a beast otherwise and I have perfume-eating skin. If you always want your presence announced without saying a word, spray this 4-5 times!

Tuberose is not my cup of tea, normally. I have been more interested in the past for the drier fragrances such as Nikki de St Phalle and Avon's Timeless. Design is lush, juicy and when applied correctly and sparingly, very classy. I don't notice the civet.

christinavictory
christinavictory

I found a bottle of this on top of my mom's medicine cabinet. It looks like it has barely ever been used and is covered in dust, so I thought I'd give it a smell. I'm not sure this is really my style, but it is lovely. If my mom doesn't want it, I may end up taking it and using it for occasions when I just want a change.

happycapybara
happycapybara

Headache in a bottle for me. Sharp, piercing, the opposite of inviting. No no no...

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

I don't really get the really strong reactions from some reviewers. I can see how this might not be your taste, but it is a very inoffensive perfume to me. It's a pleasantly strong perfume. Not in your face, I want to sneeze perfume, rather a perfume that has lasting power and evolves on your skin. You really don't need much, maybe that's what turned some people off. It has a lot of depth, and is a very interesting smell. Unusual-unique, not unusual-weird. This was created when perfume had a little meat on her bones. She is a nice sit down dinner, with cloth napkins. As opposed to what I have been smelling at the perfume counter lately- Big Macs and Mcribs. They taste pretty good fresh out of the bag, but five minutes later- gross and stale.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

I smelled this on a co-worker a few years ago and loved it. I just had to have a bottle.

I enjoy this fragrance. It is clearly a fragrance from the 1980s. While I love fragrances from all eras - all eras have their merits - I really have a love jones for the 80s. I was a kid then and this was the time when I really started getting into fragrance. In the 1980s, perfume was perfume - big, brassy, distinct. Even though I don't wear 80s fragrances every day (they require too much thought), I dig them.

Design, to me, is a fearless blend of several florals with maybe a tuberose note predominating. I think the thing I love most is that there is a distinct spicy floral note - this is something I almost never smell in perfumes. Is this carnation? Whatever it is, it really makes the fragrance stand out.

I wear this one when I want to feel like a ball-busting 1980s Manhattan broad in a power suit (shoulder pads included), big hair, oversize earrings, and jogging shoes. :-)

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

No, I'm afraid that the hope of a vintage box ( with a scratch and sniff sticker, such as I've seen on perfume boxes for the last 10 years ) is vain. You will smell exactly the same fluid as is found in the perfume aisle at Walmart etc.

You have a valid question about civet, but it would have to be older by far than this to contain the real thing. Large price discrepancies between various retailers of Design - and other basic drugstore classics I could name - are standard today.

SO, all this to say ~ save your money! :)

Scout
Scout

Does anyone know if vintage versions sold for much more money than the current version? I ask because I visited a local retailer recently and found a box of this stuff with a security plastic casing, and a scratch and sniff sticker on it. (I never see those here.) It was on the same shelf as "cheap" frags like Coty, Wind Song, Jovan Musk, etc. When she scanned to reveal a price of $46 USD, I nearly fell back. I was thinking $23 tops. Then I came here to realize it has civet....maybe the one on the shelf is vintage with the true civet and not synthetic? What say you? Should I run back and buy it to experience true civet since I was a wee girl?

jake.shouse

I am wearing Design as we speak today and I am in love with it.. I thought it was really weak but it seems too be holding as of today on my shirt.. smells so good!

midgyett_evans83
midgyett_evans83

My all time favorite! So many men compliment me on this fragrance, not so much women. It last all day and u can find it anywhere!!! I

Floreat
Floreat

I enjoy this fragrance very much. For me, Design is not a social fragrance despite its extroverted inclinations. I wear it when I'm alone, with only my thoughts and the open air of Summer for company. I sit here on my patio in the early evening of Summer and my jasmine bush is beginning to release its aromatic attractions for the night. I feel I am a good companion for it with my spritz of Design. The combination keeps my thoughts on an optimistic track.

Design is a heady and gregarious troupe of white florals. The carnation adds a dash of spice that fuels the frenzy of the floral troupe, while lilac lends her genteel grace. While I detect no civet or black currant - I do recognize the regal Sandalwood in the dry down lending its sensual warmth to the exhausted floral troupe. It's nice.

Perhaps it is not a masterful composition befitting the highest ranks of perfume craftsmanship - who's to say - but for the price point, it certainly is worth a spritz on a Summer evening in the open air if you're curious about it.

adair58
adair58

A cheerful blend of a lot of florals-I get mostly jasmine, tuberose and honeysuckle. Sometimes I smell lilac, too. Lasts 3-4 hours. Used lightly, it is a soft, sweet scent. Use too much and it will almost choke. But isn't it that way with most things? Everything in moderation!

SandraV

I still love this(already reviewed once) but it is true that too much can be cloying.It's perfect for cool summer evenings.It reminds me of a Southern garden with the scents of all the flowers mingling.Every night I sit on my porch and catch whiffs of my gardenias and jasmine blooming and this is so similar.Again I think moderation is the difference between a lovely scent and one that makes you gag because it is so strong.I guess this is definitely a love/hate scent for many.

wildflowers66
wildflowers66

I'm in to my second hour of wearing just a drop of this. I loved the scent for about a minute after that all I can smell is coconut. If you have grown up in southern California, a child of the 60's I am talking about the coconut of sun tan oil. Sickening sweet, oily. I am not going to scrub yet, I will give it a bit more time. I feel a migraine coming on.

Just awful, yes, right there with Giorgio Beverly Hills. Just smells like room spray, like synthetic white flowers with some peach, all blending together to create a mess. I bet this was reformulated and smelled a lot nicer back in the 90's, but whatever is on the market today is not recommended at all.

kwebb
kwebb

I owned this perfume in 1997 and loved it... Not so much now, I still wear it on occasion and still get compliments when I do, lots of people have asked me what I am wearing

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

When I was first married my husband and I went shopping. I sprayed some of this on and said it was nice to the sales lady...next thing I knew he had bought me the largest bottle of it. Unfortunately as we kept walking in the mall the scent settled in and started giving me a huge headache. I was young and embarrassed to tell him. For next few years I was forced to wear this perfume on special occasions to make him happy.....I finally slipped it into box in my closet and it was forgotten! WHEW!!!!!

Cosmic_Jellyfish
Cosmic_Jellyfish

Ever since I was a child I've had very fond memories of a family friend (who was also my elementary school librarian) who smelled to me how I imagined Aphrodite would. This was and still is her signature fragrance. Fast forward over a decade later, I finally found the prized bottle for my own.

When I sprayed it on myself, however, I was EXTREMELY disappointed! The scent I loved as a child turned cruel, violent, and malicious. It became obnoxiously spicy-floral and old-lady like. Wow, is my body chemistry different from hers! I actually I became nauseous, dizzy, and developed a headache. I rarely have that kind of reaction to perfume (usually I just sneeze a little). I think the civet note really slapped me in the face. If you are lucky enough to have a compatible chemistry, then I strongly envy you.

Sizzler
Sizzler

A woman who was at my home for dinner was wearing this last night. It smelled wonderful. I kept getting wafts of it and was trying to figure out who it was. To me it was a clean inticing floral, no civet. Very wearable, a pleasant combination of fresh soap and lovely flowers. Tuberose, which is sometimes too much for me, was very enjoyable. Not a masterpiece, but good! This was all from a distance so it could be very different first hand.

I was compelled to ask what it was and I was very surprised. I have seen boxes of this at discount stores and never bothered, but now I will give it a chance. I enjoy fresh clean scents for everyday wear and I can't often afford high end fragrance, so this seems enticing.

parishiltonsiren15
parishiltonsiren15

This perfume, will always have a special place in my heart. It was my Dear Sweet, Grannies favorite perfume. She passed away on January 8th 2011, and everytime someone mentions this perfume, or i smell it, i think my dear sweet grannie. It does have an Old/Powdery smell to it, therefor i would NEVER wear it. I like Tropical/Gourmand/Sweet/Fruity type scents. It is bringing tears to my eyes writing this review, knowing how much my grannie enjoyed this fragrance. Everytime i smell this, i think of those memorable days out with my grannie. I do own a bottle, but not for my use. Each sniff, is a walk down memory lane. <3

exciter76
exciter76

UPDATE: As others have mentioned there are tricks to wearing this 'fume. Either dilute with water or spray at great distance. I wore this several days ago—I aimed the nozzle an arm’s length above my body and spritzed the air twice, letting the mist fall around me. Gone was the sharp soapiness; instead, I was left with a soft vintage soapiness and the most delightful lilac musk combination I’ve ever smelled. It was still a mini sillage bomb but at least the rough edges were worn down to something smooth and lovely. This can be a scary fragrance but it is worth braving, particularly if you are a lilac fanatic.
**************************************************
Oh Chanel, you are a bad influence! ;)

The subject of most reviled fragrances was posed and Chanel mentioned how despised her beloved Design was. She gallantly defended its compositional honor, both in the post and in her review. As a fellow lover of Revlon’s Ciara—another vilified perfume—I trusted her opinion. I promptly picked up a bottle that I was sure had been languishing upon the shelves at TJ Maxx for several months.

I spritzed my wrist at close range as I sat at my desk. I felt the vapors of this scent take over the room like a fog and I got scared. First thought: “Oh damn, this s**t just got real!” Second thought: “Alright, now that I can breathe, it’s very much like Ciara with a big bouquet of loud white florals.” The second thought brought on a sigh of relief. Just get past the first ten minutes and do not spray at close range—this has the potential to be great keeping those two tips in mind. After the first ten minutes this mellowed out and transmuted into a white floral powerhouse. An hour after that, and for several hours thereafter, Design mellowed once again but became sharp and waxy, like an old school bar of soap. (I’m thinking of Camay or Caress, sharp white florals and detergent.) Depending on your take of vintage soap scents, this is either heaven or hell.

The civet at the beginning is anything but smooth and subdued but it fades in time. For a fleetingly brief moment it resembles 1980s queen of over-the-top perfumes, Giorgio. It’s shockingly not a huge sillage bomb nor is it a projectile missile of a scent unless it is overdone (and with a vintage such as this, it is a very real hazard here). I love soapy scents and I secretly love Ciara so this is an underappreciated work of vintage art that I am proud to have in my collection.

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

Today I just bought a big 3.4 oz. bottle of Design Parfum Spray and I find it simply intoxicating! I must say I absolutely adore this fragrance! The floral notes in this perfume are splendid! One reviewer described Design as a "warm floral"...I concur; perfect description of this! This is my new all time favorite without a doubt. Mixes so well with my chemistry. This starts off smelling amazing on me, and hours later still smells equally wonderful. This one does not change and turn bad on me, and it has very, very good staying power. I put it on today around 12 noon, added a little tiny spritz around 6 pm (which I probably did not need to do), and by 10 pm its still going strong! I look at Design as a very refined; classy and sophisticated perfume. Nothing cheap smelling about it! Makes sense that it was once sold in Department Stores, as it is of that caliber. Love it. And although it was introduced back in 1985, I still see Design as being a timeless perfume, perfect for anyone day or night. Awesome fragrance and I highly recommend it. Kudos, Paul Sebastian!!

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

I once abruptly left a Starbucks because a woman who was wearing Design walked in. She didn't even sit near me. I could no longer taste my coffee, so I left.

Design smells like Aussie brand hairspray to me. Way too much grape-like tuberose, and I usually don't mind white florals!

Juicyjersey
Juicyjersey

Well, at first spray it's awful smell but when worn for a long time and then it smells clean and fresh. This scent I think goes with your body chemistry ... If you are more like acidic then it will not smell right,like a bad musky odor who didn't take a shower and just put on perfume on top of it...

lavendarblue61
lavendarblue61

This used to be my favorite and signature scent -- until it was changed, and cheapened, and became a drugstore scent - not at all like the orginal. What a shame! I still have an almost empty purse spray from around 1990 and can still smell the way it used to smell: floral, clean, lovely....

SandraV

This is really nice-not what I expected.Maybe I got the 'watered down' version but it has very light silage on me.I get mostly just a lovely,non cloying gardenia out of it with a hint of rose-doesn't remind me of typical 80s scents at all.Well worth what I paid for it...and luckily no carnation to be found as we don't play nice with each other;)
Edit:I love this more and more each time I wear it...big bottle purchase for sure!

ducktuck
ducktuck

YUM!!! My mom has used this for years and she always smells fantastic. Design has awesome sillage and lasts forever. It's amazingly inexpensive for how nice it is (at least on her). I can smell the gardenia the most, and it comes across to me as a lush creamy floral. I wish that Paul Sebastian had made more women's fragrances than just this and casual because if anything they have amazing longevity and sillage.

carolinachick
carolinachick

This is my all-time favorite perfume! I have difficulty finding a perfume I can tolerate. I don't like overly floral or powdery scents. I do like musky scents, but find them overbearing in the summer. I can wear Design all year round. I find it to be a nice combination of floral and musk. Everytime I wear it, someone compliments me on it. I always wanted a signature scent and apparently, this one has become mine. I was at a wedding and my teenage niece hugged me and complimented me on my perfume. She said she associates that scent with me. I have worn this since it came out in 1985, and, even though I have tried several other perfumes, I will until I can't get it anymore!
I have alot of acid in my body, so most perfumes and colognes wear off quickly or start smelling like alcohol as soon as I put it on.This one goes on smelling nice and stays on! LOVE IT!!!!

beautee
beautee

I bought this fragrance for my teenage niece. All her friends and my sister like this fragrance. I wasn't to happy when one of her friends took this perfume from her. This has all the right ingredients for a night-time fragrance with enough lightness to make it perfect as a daytime fragrance as well. Its like the interlude between been a daytime and night-time fragrance.

madhatter1
madhatter1

This was likely my second department store fragrance. I remember being able to splash it on or pour into an atomizer! And I remember also getting a free gift. It did not compliment my chemistry nor make a lasting impression. I do remember rose and other floral notes. It smelled really good on my coworker we knew it and it was her signature.

romrom
romrom

I really like this one, on me this smells like a fresh spring garden.It's true if you spray to much it could make you sick but I found out that if I use only one or two sprays right out of the shower, it's wonderful! all that you are left with is a soft tuberose and a hint of gardinia that just makes you feel beautiful all over.

irrizad
irrizad

On me, this fragrance is wonderful; warm,soft, and rich without being agressive. The first time I wore it to work I was standing with my new (younger and very handsome) boss in the empty Grand Ballroom at the M**flower Hotel discussing an event that would be happening that evening, and as we spoke he came closer and closer into my space. Finally he leaned in very close to me,inhaled, and asked (with just a little catch in his voice) "Are you wearing...Design?" I said yes and we both laughed and moved apart, but it was a great moment. I love this stuff. Every perfume smells different on everybody, fragrances you like when younger may not suit you as you age. You'll lose nothing by trying it.

krissycat
krissycat

I'm so surprised by all the bad reviews on this perfume. I have to admit I love this one. I smelt this on my best friend when we were 18 and I always admired her from her clothes right down to her signature scent, Design. Years later wearing it I've had more compliments. My mom loved it so much on me I had to buy her a bottle. It's one of my all time favorite perfumes. I hope it never goes away.

gazelle
gazelle

YES, i too saw it at drugstores and THE discount store but until I found about 1/2 oz left in a 3.4 oz bottle at a yard sale for 50 cents did I break down and buy. I was pleasantly surprised by the burst of fragrant flowers. It does remind me of a perfume my older sister wore in the late 50's. Is it the tuberose?

It takes me back to when I watched black and white movies in the late 50's where the Southern Belle, dressed in taffeta and tulle, is walking under a dreamy full moonlit night, her arm curled around her escort's arm who is dressed in his military uniform.

Design just evokes romantic images in my mind: proms, corsages, Mother's Day bouquets...

Adrien02
Adrien02

I tried it. I did not like it. Ahh .. . civet and tuberose(bleh).
Why someone puts civet in a perfume is anyone's guess.
I got this as a XMAS gift. Goodness knows I would not have bought this knowingly. I tried this years back and thought "bleh" then. Now after years have passed it is no less unappealing. Something about Paul Sebastian fragrances , I guess. My sweetie doesn't like Paul Sebastian for men either and after smelling it I have to agree.

megannsmom
megannsmom

After reading many bad reviews on this scent, I had never bothered to sniff it for myself....until one day a woman in line behind at the store smelled so divine that I HAD to ask what she was wearing. Imagine my surprise when she said "Oh, it's Design, by Paul Sebastion!" Here I was thinking that Design would be...too much, over the top, in your face 80's, when in reality it was a warm and elegant floral! I will admit that she had either over-applied or that the sillage was remarkable, because she was a good 4 feet behind me when I first detected the scent....so I am guessing that I wouldn't want to be trapped in a car or elevator with this one, lol. But I was intrigued enough by the scent that next time I get a chance to sample, I'm going to test it out for myself!

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Okay people , I hear ya ! It seems a lot of reviews are negative but I am telling you this is divine on me. People get back on elevators and ask what I am wearing. Must ne a body chemistry thing as my sister and aunt LOVE it on me and hate it on them. There is no other perfume that I have received more compliments on. As far as it being an old lady perfume........the lead singer of the very young rock band Hinder asked me WHAT are you wearing , God you smell SO good !! And thats my two cents on Design , its devine .

sistertricked
sistertricked

I cannot believe I'm making this review, because it is positive, but let me explain. I didn't like it when I tried it: the tuberose, the powder, the civet, it all became choking and chalky to me. I passed it to my mother and she adores it. WEll, it just happened to send my mom to an appointment I could not attend myself, but it turned out that I did manage to arrive on time so... here we are, on the elevator, the three of us: me, my mom and the appointed. At a certain point I exclaim: "They surely did not save on air-freshner!". The third person looks at me and says: "Or maybe someone is wearing too much!" It slapped me on the face, as I recognized Design immediately after. It was my mom wearing it, and it was summer. Well, when we got home I did all sorts of tricks to transform Design into an air -freshner indeed, but without success. Lately I have the habit of adding perfume I do not use as bath odorizer, as it is the only way that makes me spray them. What a nice surprise it was this time indeed! How soft and beautifully flowery and peachy and rosey the fragrance was! Yes, just adorable. I took the bath in disbelief, could it really be Design? It was like a more flowery 5th Avenue and, as secretcrush mentioned (great for you to have noticed!), like a softer Red Door, a bit more peachy.
Having finished my bath, I sprayed once inside the cap and then just added a good amount of water and created an all over body splash. Yes, now I like it, I really do: rosey peaches, bright instead of choking, that is just ... so unexpected.
The secret I think is dilution. It is not that you have to apply a small amount, but that you have to water it down and then you'll see it really works. No migraines and no coughing, I swear. Give it a try.

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

This has to be one of the all-time worst, which makes me sad since I generally prefer ANYTHING from the 80's to the average modern department store scent. This smells like a deformed Giorgio, at once louder and thinner, with all of Giorgio's trashy spirit sucked out of it. I see Sigourney Weaver in "Alien Resurrection" wandering among her tortured, genetic accident clones moaning in their test tubes. That's what Design feels like; it just smells...gray and claustrophobic. The packaging is so sad that a new bottle feels like something inherited from a dead relative. I stupidly purchased this because it was practically free and I knew it to be big and 80's and that it contained civet. It contains no civet. It doesn't contain anything, no individual notes, just one gray floral note that feels intended to mask unpleasant hospital odors. After the introductory spray I ran back from the bus stop and begged the clerk, standing under a big "ALL SALES FINAL" sign, to take it back and deduct the price from a more expensive purchase. He had mercy. STAY AWAY!

Surely this used to be better, because I'm SHOCKED that something that smells this awful is available everywhere, from CVS to Wal-Mart. What kind of woman WEARS this? I mean no one wears Giorgio anymore and it's good; who on earth still wears a BAD GIORGIO RIP-OFF? Who is Paul Sebastian? Sometimes I think that they just make up designers for sad perfumes like this.

guest_eeehh
guest_eeehh

Hate it, not sure, I've smelled worse but I can't stand it. Gives me a headache which means a lot b/c I'm very tolerant to chemicals and fumes. Very strong. I just don't like it, too sweet in a repugnant way. I only bought it b/c the man in the store highly recommended it to me while I was perusing the fragances. Thankfully I just bought a little sample for a few bucks, but never again.

guest_FLIP913
guest_FLIP913

I LOVE this perfume!!! I have worn this since it came on the market and people alway tell me how good I smell!!

I recently gave my last bottle to a neighbor for her birthday and she is soooo happy.

I have a friend that can't breath around most other brands, but she isn't bothered at all by Design. Hope I have it always.

erical
erical

I have a soft spot for this scent...High School memories...so it definately does not smell old lady-ish to me...It is not amazing or innovative...it just makes me smile when I smell it...

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

this stuff stinks .period.

how ever it does remind me of the smell of my dear sweet uncle who used to get sloshed on cheap peach brandy and chain smoke and pass out! the smell reminded me of his breath

Sissi
Sissi

This has a Strong Siliage of Civet
it just dominates this perfume it has a
Waxy Lipstick kind of a scent it drowns
out the other scents.

secretcrush
secretcrush

AWWW THIS ONE IS NICE IT REMINDS ME OF MY MOMMMY WHEN I WAS LITTLE... RATHER SMELL THIS ONE THAN OBSESSION OR RED BY GIORGIO THATS 4 SURE LOL... KINDA REMINDS ME A LIL OF RED DOOR BUT SOFTER...

guest_LaLa
guest_LaLa

This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE!! I am 27 and been in love with this since middle school. I had a teacher who wore it, and I was complimenting her so often that she gave me a bottle. I keep a supply ever since. It stay with me all day. And it is perfect for both work and play. As a mother I feel it is not over-powering to wear near my baby either. I love this and always will.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

One of those bad trips to the 80's. Wow. I never thought I could dislike anything more than 24 Faubourg, but this takes the cake. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Simply awful too strong definitely old-ladish as someone said its in the same category as Chloe. This is another one I spray on suits like one week before I wear them or right after taking them off to "freshen" them up.

weegee
weegee

No. Just...no. Don't buy it, don't ask for it and don't wear it even if you get it for free. All the right notes but in the wrong ratios. Torture by tuberose. Tuberose hell.

I'm certain there are those whose skin chemistry turns this into something beautiful but I've yet to encounter one of them. Sadly, add me to the list of those for whom this causes IMMEDIATE headache.

Long lasting, yes... but persistence by another name is harassment.

HOWEVER: so many people have such good memories about this one that I'm going to go on record as guessing there's been a reformulation. (Just ask the fans of another bargain fragrance that's no longer worthwhile: Vanderbilt.) I'd love to sniff some old Design juice just to compare.

allexa27
allexa27

i am lil bit dissapointed..i was expecting something more agter reading many positive reviwes about it.It is just lil retro,floral ordinary smell.Nothing so special .It is a frag like Chloe Narcisse ,something of the sort.The tuberose and carnations stand out.I love tuberose but this one i dont like very much

Sassy1
Sassy1

I want to like it...the notes sound wonderful and I love florientals, but this smells more like soap than perfume. And what's up with the name? Awful!

Dardona
Dardona

My husband bought this for me a while ago and the bottle is still full. I find it extemely offensive in a sweet sickening way. Tried again today, and had to wash it off. Yuck, gave me a migraine.

Mamica
Mamica

I normally don’t write but I read your opinions. This one is really nice. It is long lasting, and smells fantastic. Has reach and sophisticated impression. For that price is just unbelievable.

falovalo
falovalo

This is very warm and it somehow seems like a happy perfume. It's uplifting and smells of honeysuckles. Another plus is that it's long lasting.

*Edit* If you use enough for those around you to smell it, it'll end up being medicinal. If used very lightly, it's nice enough.

Great opening with great notes, but dries down way too sweet and cloying on me.

Stacey923
Stacey923

Very sweet and strong. Love it,but gives me a migraine.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

On me, this is a warm floral. The tuberose stands out. It also smells to me, very clean and sultry at the same time.

Design by Paul Sebastian 3.14 out of 5 based on 200 ratings and 64 user reviews

Design After Shave by Paul Sebastian, 3.4 oz After Shave unboxed for Men
Design After Shave by Paul Sebastian, 3.4 oz After Shave unboxed for Men
Eau de Cologne 3.4oz
Aftershave 4oz
Paul Sebastian After Shave Balm by Paul Sebastian, 4 oz After Shave Balm for Men
Cologne 4oz
Cologne 4oz
Paul Sebastian Cologne by Paul Sebastian, 4 oz Cologne Spray for Men
Paul Sebastian Cologne by Paul Sebastian, 4 oz Cologne Spray for Men
Gift Set 3.4oz
Paul Sebastian Design Gift Set-Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion 6.6 oz for Women, 1 set
Gift Set 3.4oz
Design Gift Set by Paul Sebastian Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray 6.7 oz Body Lotion
Paul Sebastian Cologne for Men, 8 fl oz
Paul Sebastian Cologne for Men, 8 fl oz
Gift Set 4oz
Paul Sebastian Gift Set by Paul Sebastian Gift Set for Men Includes 4 oz Cologne Spray 4 oz After Shave
DESIGN for WOMEN by Paul Sebastian SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.8 OZ
Cologne 8oz
Design Fine Parfum Spray for Women, 3.4 fl oz
Gift Set 4oz
Paul Sebastian Men's Gift Set 2 Piece, 1 set
Paul Sebastian Men's Gift Set 2 Piece, 1 set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paul Sebastian Design fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paul Sebastian Design, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Design by Paul Sebastian. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Design by Paul Sebastian represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.