Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 530 I had it: 166 I want it: 275 My signature: 19

ozonic
Paul Smith Rose Paul Smith for women Videos
Paul Smith Rose Paul Smith for women Pictures Paul Smith Rose Paul Smith for women Pictures

This is a fragrance for women, launched in 2007. Named Paul Smith Rose, it opens with the notes of violet, rose and green tea. The heart is composed of Turkish Rose and magnolia, while the base brings cedar and musk accords. It was created by Antoine Maisondieu wile the bottle was designed by Alan Aboud.

It is available as 30ml (1 oz.fl.), 50ml (1.7 oz.fl.) and 100ml (3.4 oz.fl.) EDT and comes with matching body care products, body lotion and bath gel (150ml).

Violet Green Tea Rose

Monotheme Classic Apothéose de Rose Pour Femme

Paul Smith Rose Fragrance Reviews

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

This is the best fresh rose scent I have ever tried. At first when I received it, I was disappointed - there was no "wow" factor. But I am mostly used to rich, deep, oriental fragrances, and it took me a few times to realise how well constructed this scent is - it really is a perfect representation of wet roses and wet grass. There is no thick sweetness or other notes to distract away from the rose and rose stems. It's the perfect summer floral fragrance.

BlueBerrycherry
BlueBerrycherry

Lovely rose scent, but it didn't last long on me. Very flowery/rosey scent as its name indicates. It would be a 'fresh' fragrance, good to use in an office, it wouldn't 'offend' anyone. For mornings after showering. For people who like light scents.

lapioggianelpineto1977
lapioggianelpineto1977

very pretty. For some reason brings me memories of Ysl Parisienne, being the PS Rose fresher and airier than Parisienne. A safe blind buy for whoever likes roses/florals.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

A happy and confident rose. Very bright, fresh, green, and gets sweeter and silkier with time. Despite the very plain boring bottle, this is one of the best fresh and realistic rose perfumes out there, like smelling a fresh cut bouquet of pink and red roses. Dkny Drop of rose is spicer, The Body Shops rose is more "air freshener" rose with it being more powdery, watery. This perfect for daytime, and layering. This is a long lasting fragrance when bought in the EDP form. Wonderfully done!!

Soie
Soie

A wonderfully redolent rose, green grass & fresh air scent. There is the note of green tea, of course, but it actually serves up a grass and breezy air accord, and helps to keep this scent fresh, lively and uplifting in comparison to many rose prominent fragrances.

One of my favorites -- I personally even love the look, shape and feel of the heavy glass flacon.

Excellent sillage from just a few sprays.

Treacherous
Treacherous

This is one of the best rose fragrances out there. I love everything about this fragrance, except for the bottle design and the packaging, which in my opinion is a bit tacky. But the actual scent, is gorgeous. It opens with a fresh burst of zesty rose, that dries down to a beautiful rose scent that is really captivating, fresh and feminine. I always get complimented when I wear this fragrance, it is quite a strong scent, so a little goes a long way. It's got great lasting power and silage too. I also have D&G The One Rose, which I love too, but it is much more delicate than this one. However this one is definitely a strong rose fragrance that is really lovely but still has a freshness about it. It's just a beautiful, well made fragrance.

TimtanEssence
TimtanEssence

Simple rosie fragrance. I love this scent because it's understated and pretty. Not old lady-ish. Great for day time.

reirenshin
reirenshin

The rosiest in my collection.
Not too overpowering that I love.
Last quite good as I always use light-weight perfums.
Romantic like a bouquet of roses.
Design is too normal. The paper package is simply good, though.

Chilly28r
Chilly28r

How do you capture the smell of a rose that has just blossomed?

Ask Paul Smith because he seems to know!

If you have ever walked by a rose bush and inhaled the gentle, dancing scent of budding roses and soft petals, then this perfume captures that essence.

When I first sampled this scent I instantly loved it and had to have it.

Nothing is sweeter than the rose....ahhhh!

:0)

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

To me this is a very fresh rose, I get green tea but not to sharp, warm natural rose rose rose,perfect in my opinion!

It lasts really well on me, I refreshed only once at lunchtime and husband could smell it in the evening which I find to be quite rare without a liberally refreshing.

Imagine your skin when you've been in the fresh air all day if you rolled about on a bed of roses and refreshing green tea and I reckon this is that smell!

Very classy, not your generic floral or over bearing rose, this is rose done very well, so nice not to have fruit competing with flora.

This is a very special smell to me.........could it be the elusive signature scent I've never found???? I'm not sure yet, I get excited about wearing it, I'm getting tingly typing!!!

Mmmmmmmmm I'm hearing the Stone Roses 'This is the one'!!!!

sweetsera
sweetsera

This is one perfume I'd smell everyday and not get tired of. I love this fragrance so much that I wouldn't mind repurchasing it a million times !!

It's powdery, floral, light, refreshing and very feminine. I love how this fragrance smells powdery from the top to the base note, yet it doesn't smell flat.

And not to forget, I love how there is a tinge of green tea smell to it, adding a twist to an otherwise common smelling rose perfume.

mumsy20
mumsy20

This is my 'little diamond in the rough' of a scent. My very first rose perfume as I have noticed I mostly have floral fruity ones so I gave this a try as I it is quite affordable and plainly because of the notes listed. The opening notes I got were citrus, green tea, and real roses like they were just starting to bloom not overly ripe freshly cut. The dry down on my skin was creamy almost like milky and the fresh roses were still there. Most people dear to me compliments on how this perfume smells good on me even my dear husband who is nonchalant if ever I wear a perfume or not which is a very good surprise indeed! The image I have of this on my mind is someone who is a non complex type of girl who can easily blend in with the crowd but will still get noticed for her understated charms. Any English rose at heart can wear this scent and make this their own statement. ♡♥♡

emma12
emma12

I had this aged sixteen - I think it was my first fragrance. I absolutely loved it but everyone hated it on me, which was awkward! I think I'm just one of those people who can't wear rose very well. I've since moved on to the Body Shop eau de toilettes which contain rose but are more balanced and musky i.e. Smoky Rose, White Musk Libertine. I don't know which age group I would recommend this for as rose is a very classic smell, though the impression this scent gives off is one of innocence.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

I smell my favorite rose - the one with lots and lots of petals - the sweet-ish, fragrant, delicious rosa centifolia smell. The drydown, however, is weird; tea and magnolia and cedar. Quite manly but I like it nevertheless.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Disappointing. This is a very underwhelming dull rose.. it has an inky/citrusy note to it that reminds me of those scratch and sniff cards.
It is fresh and inoffensive but just to boring for me.

mgirl1090
mgirl1090

At first I get hint of rose after spraying this perfume, but then as someone mentioned in the comments section I get a lot of tea! The rose scent is lingering there somewhere but this perfume is predominantly all tea. If you're wondering about the dry down surprise! Tea again :p

denncita
denncita

After owning and finishing a bottle of crabtree and evelyn's Evelyn Rose. I was on the hunt for a new rose fragrance. After doing some research here on fragrantica, I found my next purchase, Paul Smith Rose! The first thing I was able to smell was the TEA! then TEA and TEA and more TEA... the rose was there and I would get a whiff once in a while. To me this seems more tea than rose... nice scent though, especially for spring and summer. Longevity is not that great. I had to spray myself at least six times to be able to smell it after four hours. Projection not that exceptional either... but it's a nice scent overall. I am still looking for a real, true rose soliflor scent. If anyone knows of one msg me!

katuliena

After 4 weeks of using this fragrance, have to admit: love of my life. I will be buying it until I die. Thanks God for this fragrance :)

katuliena

Im just amazed. Soooo beautiful. My bottle of this fragrance just arrived. It smells gorgeous, fresh, like a rose. I tried Bvlgari Rose Essentiel and Im using Drop of Rose by DKNY, but this one is the best one. Love it.

siriluck
siriluck

First smell is rose for me, but it's not powerful rose scent. I hope too high for this rose perfume. However, it's not too bad, just don't spray too much.

MyFairLady
MyFairLady

I must say I love this scent. It actually reminds smell of roses, which can't be said about a lot of fragrances claiming to be rosy. I guess it could be a bit "bolder", but if it was, it would probably lose its rosy character - light, fresh, refreshing, romantic.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Straight-up rose scent that's rather linear. It's nice. It's like saying that a person or a thing is 'nice' but has no defining qualities of his/her own. You can get cheaper and better roses at a drugstore price (e.g Yardley or M&S).

Pasaka
Pasaka

Another plain rose scent. I'd say somehow a copy of Moroccan rose by Body Shop. However, I must say for its outstanding presentation. Very original! As if it was an elixir of youth and seduction from an ancient Egypt or India.

whaea
whaea

Wow, I'm not huge on rose but this one is a variation on the theme. Its like an old fashioned English rose scent, one of the disc shaped ones with a tight pompom of petals... sweet and delicious. Its actually like a hyper-real rose smell, like a real rose, but somehow more rosy! Im not sure how this has been done, but I love it.
NOT your usual rose scent - like a rose alright, but more so!
And it has great sillage.

kakamelia
kakamelia

I had it last yaear,but passed to my mum, cos I smelled more green tea than rose, which is not very pleasant for me after few years spent with Green tea by E.Arden.
But on my mum it smells very nice, like fresh pulled rose and she has very good reviews from men;)

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a great fresh rose, very dewy and fresh picked from the garden. It's a great true rose, just like smelling one you received. The other notes are well blended and hold the rose up but it is really the star. Great spring and summer scent, it is a little light for the cooler months.

Tramontane
Tramontane

This reminds me of my childhood when we had a front garden filled with Hybrid Tea Roses. My Mum's favourite was called "Peace" a beautiful yellow with peach pink edges, but my favourite was "Josephine Bruce" because it had my name and was a striking deep velvet red, however the fragrance of my rose paled into insignificance when compared to "Peace".

This was probably my introduction to the world of perfume as I loved the smell so much that I gathered all the blown petals into my seaside bucket in the hope of making my own fragrance. Needless to say all I produced was a brown gloopy mess. No matter, I still love Hybrid Teas, and I love this perfume because it takes me back and reminds me of "Peace". Also, when I wear it, usually in the day time, at work, I get a lot of compliments, more so than many other vastly more expensive fragrances.

Alle Homme
Alle Homme

This is the best modern rose scent, so wearable.

I can see the comparisons between this and Body Shop's Moroccan Rose as they are both very rosy. Paul Smith's Rose is a fresh, green, ozonic rose though. Body Shop's is a spicy, creamy, powdery rose.

In addition to rose I get a lot of green tea and magnolia. Slight violet scent, but not much powder. Nice sillage and longevity. Good for any time of day and would probably work in any season, but I think more spring/summer (I live in San Diego so it's pretty much spring already here). It's a strong scent but not overbearing.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Wearing this today for testing. I have Tea Rose by Perfumers Workshop on one hand and this one on the other. Initially, these two are very different. The PSR is more floral (more floral elements) than Tea Rose. The Tea Rose is more linear the same from beginning to dry down. It is hard to capture true rose it seems most of them smell synthetic in some way even rosewater doesn't smell like a big beautiful rose. Anyway, my verdict. PSR is multidimensional, lovely and soft. It is a skin scent. Not a huge sillage. But it is there after a couple of hours now. One problem, it is headache inducing and I am not sensitive. In the end, after the drydown as it sits on your skin after a couple of hours, it is almost exactly the same as Tea Rose (doesn't give me headache).

Happy Perfuming! ♥

schil

Rose of P S. is like a real wild gardenrose.In this time we lived most roses didn't smel al all.
I think i spray it on my bouquet!.
These roses are not sweet.
But that is OK. I don'thave to smell alway's sweet.
I don't find these perfum only for young women.i am over 40 and like this very much.
maybe because i am young inside!.haha
is there someone that want to sell hers to me mail me;but only thev real Paul Smith rose 2009..
besides i wish to make an new bottle for these sccent bcs these can be far more beautifull.

schil

Can someone tell me the diferences between the summereditions and these?.
i can't buy them all.
or will someone send e an tester?. that would be wonderfull!

Nikkiza
Nikkiza

magnolia here plays a very important role may be as much as the rose itself thats why this is a happy romantic rose (not a gloomy romantic one like lots of other roses)and i happen to like it alot.
lasting power is wonderful,a whole beautiful,calm,happy day whith this peice of art.

gi3gi
gi3gi

I like this alot, but my hasband can't standed when I wear this one. but he love when I wear stella.

darrshan77
darrshan77

REVIEW OF Darrshan

fantastic perfect well balanced rose in edp form, i just love it, not on ur face rose, it lasts well too and is very natural smelling rose perfume, go for it

aigilia
aigilia

I bought this perfume after was told by a friend that the smell is nice. She was totally right coz the rose scent of this perfume is perfect..it's like smelling a bouquet of roses..love love love..;-)

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

A simple, linear true rose. Refreshing and feminine. I really want a bottle of this.

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

Blind purchase for me and I love it! It is not intrusive at all and still it is all around. It would fit in any occasion at any time, I believe. For me, it reminds me the Forsyte saga or Miss Marple, but not like something old fashioned, but something that has been there for ages and does not loose it's appeal.
The longevity is not very strong but it gives a reason to use the perfume again after some time.

katariina9
katariina9

Very rose-watery indeed and probably one of the most recognisable girly rose scents out there. Although far too characterless for me personally.

Pretty authentic beginning reminds me the hills in Bulgaria, covered with rose plantations. Not the thick damp passionate sweetness you can smell in the warehouse (which is more like Chloe Intense - heaps of fresh blossoms that give out their most powerful blast of pure femininity as they knew its their last moment alive). No. Paul Smith Rose reminds me the room where they make popular water from all this beauty that is already sucked dry from the expensive oil.

Compared to many other rose perfumes it does smell like natural rose water and thats not bad at all. The longevity is alright as well, a few hours easily. Although the beginning is young fresh and lovely, imo it dries down into something quite linear and boring. The scent that seriously lacks depth and is probably nice for summer, daytime and for someone in her early twenties. However, I tried to avoid linear scents even 10 years ago. If you're on search for simple young and uncomplicated rose for the mornings off, having croissant and coffee in the bed and want to feel like sitting in rose garden, try it.

daflowerbomb
daflowerbomb

It is the original rose perfume for me! Really addictive too, I didn't think it was strong enough to last very long though.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Okay, pleasant, but nothing special. A lot of green tea. Rose is not too realistic but not too synthetic either. Like.

lyria
lyria

"Rose" smells so prettily on the skin after a couple of minutes. And the dry-down is beautiful, too - rosy-musky. Gentle but lasting.

m4
m4

Romantic, little sweet, soft frag for days when you want feel good and uncomplicated. It´s like rose water which I use sometimes on my skin but I love the end where I can smell rose and musk. Nice scent with really good longevity and moderate sillage. Doesn´t cost so much, great. LUV :-)

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I was given this as a gift from a friend who knew I liked rose scent. I do wear it occasionally,but for me I find it way too overpowering. The rose fragrance is not subtle and almost smells synthetic,and on my skin it lasts for hours and seems to fill the room! Not gentle enough for me.

sharon.ramsey.900
sharon.ramsey.900

Love this fragrance, have been through several bottles :)

9-na
9-na

Rose. Just rose. I liked it because it felt alive and gentle, and... as if light summer wind touched the flower.

deash
deash

I don't have a perfumier's nose but I can state this is a lovely delicate Rose scent that isn't overly sweet or overpowering and doesn't cause me a headache which many scents do trigger my migraines. That said it doesn't fade instantly but lasts well.

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

Weird........I wanted to like this Rose, after reading so many happy reviews of it. I bought it in a store just because of all th great reviews!
I sprayed it on my wrist, just one splash. First I thought, hmmmm nice & fresh but kinda boring, not as interesting as I hoped.
Then 5 minutes after, I started getting a headache. The headache got worse during the day, and even efter washing my wrist with soap, I could still smell the fragrance....
Maybe the bottle I got was too old? Anyway I really don´t like it...

siying.hong
siying.hong

Cant get enough of this fragrance. V calming and natural.

I am only into natural smelling scents and I must say Paul smith rose fits the bill, besides those from L'Occitane and Crabtree&Evelyn. Unfortunate L'Occitane and Crabtree&Evelyn do not usually have EDP here., just EDT and EDT do not last long. Finding natural smelling ESP scents from brands other than the above 2 are not that easy given the fragrances from the above 2 brands are usually not that lasting.

To me, most of the brands in the market are very artificial and too sweet and too typical.

Going back to PSR, i love it cos it is a true rose scent. with lotsa green notes. i do feel like i am teleported to a field of roses. it is v green and rosy through out. I think not many ladies would like tt since it is so authentic that some ppl may find it granny-ish. But i rather smell granny ish than typical. Most imptly, i luve the scent.

ALl in all, PSR is a v true rose scent, watery and green. Heard the smell is created using Scent trek technology. You may be curious, can google it. it is cultivated by Sir Paul Smith's wife Pauline Denyer, as a birthday prsent for Sir Paul Smith.

And what is even more heartwarming is that both have been in love since the 1960s. With the help of his then girlfriend (now wife) Pauline Denyer, Sir Paul Smith opened his first shop 10 Byard Lane, Nottingham in 1970. Cheers to true and long-lasting love.

Own a bottle of Paul Smith Rose, own a whiff of love.

LeaB
LeaB

I love 'rose fragrances', so I was instantly drawn to it. It's absolutely beautiful! with different rose scents as it wears. It's not overpowering but it noticeable but always lovely. It is such an uplifting perfume, I can't gush enough compliments for it! I prefer the EDP to EDT due to strength and sillage.

lindi
lindi

I LOOOOVE this one after Gucci

Joycell22
Joycell22

When i wear this people always give me compliments. It lasts long.. for about 5 hours. Its a really rosy smell, but not plain.. the cedar and musk give it just enough depth.
It's my main favorite scent and i layer it with DKNY "fresh blossom" and Versace "Bright Christal".

rosecityfriend
rosecityfriend

A lovely and fresh floral fragrance. I smell as much violet as rose, and I find the violet note very pretty although somewhat distracting in a rose perfume. If you're looking for a fragrance that is more predominantly rose, then I find Stella more rosy and also more sensual. Paul Smith Rose is bright, innocently romantic, and very long-lasting. Paul Smith Rose is a field of flowers to Stella's bed of roses. As long as one likes the combination of violet and rose, it is a very pretty fragrance.

samlw68
samlw68

Lovely rose scent, I find it very long lasting.

swedeangel
swedeangel

I truly dont know where to put my rewiew, i have Rose limited edition, not summer editition.. Most likely it has to go here then,on original Rose?
Anyway,mine might be fresher and more watery but i do think its this in the bottom.
It is a fantastic rose,dewey and thorney, just like real roses from the garden.Smells true and organic to me,not syntetic . Its fresh,not much sweetness in it ,very british and very very beautiful in its simplicity!
Just love it!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A femine floral which is long lasting and good for a safe bet..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1.5 hours. 1 foot projection. This is very generic floral, which is not unique. It is linear throughout and is what is says it is - a floral rose perfume. It is not 100% natural smelling but better than most in terms of not smelling synthetic. It is not basic but not complex either. Steady frag which lovers of florals may have as a day to day frag. Sometimes piercing smell on the skin

1.5 hours - 3.5 hours. 9 inch projection. Good. Same smell as above and therafter

3.5 hours - 5.5 hours - 7 inch projection. Good projection

5.5 hours - 7 hours - 4 inch projection

7- 9 hours - 2 inch projection. Some soapiness comes in and improves this, giving a little sexy edge

9-12 hours. Close to skin

Good if you are a lover of florals. If you are not keen on florals then stay well away as this is as floral as it gets!

It is very very feminine

Light floral. Just a little bit sweet. And mostly all about the roses fragrance.

I like the roses notes in this fragrance. They smell very natural. I wouldn't say that it's a very intensive roses fragrance. As for me, I would say that it's rather light, but not too light. The magnolia note is not noticeable a lot, but maybe it makes the roses notes more intensive. So I like the idea of this combination. Only I don't like the violet note and the green tea note presence in this fragrance, because they bring some suffocating dryness to it. And I would say that there is too much green tea. Some of my friends say that they feel it instead of roses in this fragrance. I wouldn't say so, because the roses notes are too noticeable in it, I just wish it was less.

In general I like this fragrance. I think that it can be very suitable as an every day fragrance, especially for the rose note lovers. And the lasting power is awesome.

vbui
vbui

This screams rose rose rose! However, the rose scent is not overpowering. Green tea helps freshens the scent and I guess prevents the powdery feeling. Lasts for the whole day. I keep smelling my wrist. What a wonderful perfume!

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I purchased 100ml of it and i like it a lot!!It´s definetly MY scent! Rose, magnolia, tea-everything what i like is here. It´s romantic, light scent, perfect for spring and summer and also for a date. My husband like it a lot on me. I will buy it again for sure!

SakuyaJemJem
SakuyaJemJem

This is very nice rose scent; pure, fresh, clean and young.
It doesn't gimme the 'WOW' feeling but it's very pleasant. I can enjoy wearing it in the good-mood/relaxing day.

The lasting power is incredible. It's over 8 hours on my skin. Light scent but strong lasting power. Very impressive.

If you want perfume that has pure rose scent like rosebud, I sure this is what you're looking for. :D

Indigo Rose
Indigo Rose

My signature scent. I bought this for a friend, and then I could not get enough of it and used to sneak a spray or two from her bottle! So I bought some myself from Amazon, and am currently awaiting my second bottle. I wear this almost every day and my first 100ml bottle has lasted me about a year and a half.

Scent-wise, it's at once familiar and timeless, but also contemporary and unique, which is what makes it a winner for me. I'm a little picky with perfumes, meaning that although I very rarely dislike any fragrance, finding a really special scent can be tricky. Sometimes, it feels like the vast majority at the perfume counter are pleasant but unremarkable scents with melodramatic names, in even more flamboyant packaging. They don't seem to know what their identity is, if that makes sense. In amongst these, Paul Smith 'Rose' is refreshingly straightforward. As the name suggests, it is mostly a rose scent, but very young and fresh. Some floral scents can smell a bit musky and old-fashioned, like (as another poster says) hand soap. Not this one. It's a very 'clean' fragrance, sophisticated and light, but with enough personality to make it different to those other predictable (though gorgeous) rose scents you might find in The Body Shop or L'Occitane. Like others, I detected a hint of violet, but it also smells very 'green' (according to the Paul Smith website, green tea is one of its notes). The packaging is also very elegant and modern, to my mind, with a stylish clear bottle with its black lettering, and the 100ml bottle is given a very cute touch with the cotton pouch.

joyjoyjoy
joyjoyjoy

i smelt rose only..yet that was great and pleasant.

cjpudding
cjpudding

Comparing to Stella, this one smells like a rosebud, younger and fresher. very close to skin also

chaosist
chaosist

This rose is rather powdery than wet green-ish, though it somehow has both qualities (I know it sounds odd).
I think Paul Smith's Rose would be a younger and shyer cousin of Chloe.
Very innocent, soft, unpretentious, but lovely.
(still searching for my perfect rose)

sunkist7957
sunkist7957

I just sprayed this fragrance all over my body and all I could smell is rose, rose and rose! It is so nice, the scent is so subtle and not overpowering. After shower, this is the fragrance that I'll be putting on, then I'll be sitting next to my husband, kissing his cheek and telling him how much I love him :)

ivyellie
ivyellie

I love Paul Smith fragrances, but this one was even better than I'd expected. It's truly soft, flowery and just adorable. I couldn't stop smelling myself! It has lovely staying power and fades to a smooth, flowery musk that makes you feel delicious.

What I love most about this parfum is that it's a stand alone fragrance. After smelling many perfumes at the shop, the smells had sort of merged and everything began to smell the same but the immediate wash of rose in this perfume made it stand out, which is why I bought it :-) Highly reccommend!

pattiya.h
pattiya.h

i like fresh green tea that shows up with the main rose scent. it adds some green atmosphere to the perfume which i really like. i personally dont like sugary and candy stuff because i found it too solid.

if you like airy perfume, paul smith's rose will give the right rose scent you exactly want.

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Very light and subtle tea rose. Happily for me, I don't detect violet. I like rose smell under most of its forms, so I'll use it up, but don't regret not having a larger bottle. I have to correct what I said before re. longevity and sillage. They are actually quite good.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

reviews of

this is derived frm scent trek method and i swear that this is a perfect well balanced natural rose perfume, it lasts long and is very pleasant and subtle and not like other rose perfume frm blv,kenzo which r on ur face.

mimiharis
mimiharis

i love this 'rosie' scent. bought it straight away when i first smell it. it's beautiful and soft, suites a lady in an evening gown in a garden......

I.I
I.I

To me this scent is a divine, completely natural smelling 'mature' rose, a complitely linear perfume.
As others mentioned, this rose is a pure rose, not very sweet, not very thick and old fashioned, just classical, as classical as it could be.
Sadly I can't distinguish any other note apart from the rose aroma.

Fizzy
Fizzy

If Habanita says she loves it - so it is the law to try it!! I ordered this blind and I am so happy with it! Every time I spray it, I have to smile - this fragrance makes you happy. I layer this with spellbound, which is very heavy and PSr makes it a little bit funnier. Absolutely perfect for layering, but of course, you can wear it solo.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

Very subtle and natural. This is quiet enough that you know you can wear it anywhere without offending anyone, and it is more of a skin scent that a "big" perfume. Also P S Rose manages to smell neither young & ditzy nor "old" & musty; it is crystal clear and ageless.

Patchouli Poppy
Patchouli Poppy

I had used the last of my Evelyn Rose by Crabtree and Evelyn and was too impatient to wait for it to come in to stock at my nearest shop. So I bought this as a substitute but am not really sure about it.

I love the opening twang of violet and rose. It is clean and fresh and very girly/feminine. But the dry down is very cloying and sweet - almost fruity. I find this too sickly for my taste.

I am somewhat disappointed and will in future try to be more patient and wait for what I know works haha! Hurry up Crabtree and Evelyn!

Bethesda

To update my last review, I've barely worn this over the summer except on cold, wet days and bright breezy days out walking in the hills. I think it's too fresh and cold to wear when it's warm and summery, but it was perfect in the spring and I will no doubt wear it loads on damp autumn and crisp winter days. I still love the fragrance but it's definitely got to be worn at the right time of year to bring out the best in it otherwise it's at odds with the season and not enjoyable to wear.

ella bieber
ella bieber

beautiful smell i just bought my 34th bottle of this scent today. it is so amazing that i dont have words to describe it i love it a lot its soft delicate and enchanted :)

treenhe
treenhe

a pure, recognisable, blousy, genuine cottage rose scent. light and breezy but with some real guts to it once it's been on a few hours. not too young and fruity or too old and dated. lasted hours and hours on me. really, really (and surprisingly for me) gorgeous.

tutti_fruitti

also, the bottle is really really heavy, not practical!

tutti_fruitti

I LOVE THIS SMELL SO MUCH. It's ROSE rose and rose! So light and fresh, romantic and delicate; suitable for everyday's mood. Downside: lasting power is very poor. Even after spraying for 10 times or so, it still doesn't long.

chloedolly
chloedolly

I like this soft natural rose scent, it smells like you've just had a shower.It's nice but not very exciting, good for everyday use but can be kind of boring

I love this one. There are so often "very bad" rose scents but this one is just fine. You don't have to be "old" to wear it and it's not cloying or too "young" either. It's a nice day scent that lasts all day and even longer. It's one of my favourites. I always think of a beautiful bunch of fresh roses, especially the rose petals. Unfortunately in my country it's always difficult to trace down the summer editions of "Rose". I would like to know them too :-)

Lindy_Mop
Lindy_Mop

Reminds me of rosewater I used to make as a child or sticking my nose in a huge rose in the garden. Not a hint of potpourri, powder, sweetness or spice. A young rose, not an old lady rose. Floral, green and fresh. I'm on my second bottle. Had trouble with the cap on my first bottle but perhaps they've altered it - my new one is fine. Also love the drawstring bag.

lovethesmell
lovethesmell

Smelt it and love it!! fresh the whole day!!but can't seem to find it here!!! will try and get it online!!!

Bethesda

How perfect - a pure rose and violet perfume with a hint of tea. This is just like the heady smell of fresh cut flowers without any hint of fruit, powder or musk that accompanies most rose perfumes. It is like a tea party in the English countryside. :)

paint
paint

I really like the scent. It smells so fresh and soft.
Makes me think of pure rose and morning dew.

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

For those who love rosy perfumes you should try "Agua de Rosas" de Adolfo Dominguez, it's pure rose, has long lasting power and it's very cheap (and if you combine it with the body lotion it lasts ages). I prefer actual roses, in perfumes I'm more for fruity-florals;)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

True rose from start to finish. Linear but very nicely done. For the rose lovers - this will be perfect. Lasts ok too.

Sandralisa88
Sandralisa88

I just love it! Not overpowering at all. Light and lovely and staying power is good. W

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Yessss! I finally found true rose scent!!!

It's hard to find pure rose scent nowadays but Paul Smith Rose is fresh, true rose petal, lovely, no musk, no spice, no powder, no soap, but a little green.

This is the masterpiece of naturally rose scent, without synthetic.I can inhale deeply like it's rose soliflore.

Rose in a bottle, well done!

an4eto
an4eto

This is a surprisingly nice perfume!One of those not so popular scents, which when found, can even become your signature.I found this one totally by accident.It smells very pretty and its strong and onglasting, but not offensive. I like the fact that not many people have heard of it, but when I'm with it-everybody is telling me how nice I smell.And the most important thing-it makes me feel pretty when I wear it.It's fresh but it's not sharp,just the opposite-gentle and feminine. And the vioets make a good combination with the roses.
This is one very nice and with a ot of potentia perfume!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is more of a soliflore to me, a rather pure rose. However the hint of green tea does give something modern to it, an uplifting twist. A rose perfume for the new generation. This is like the younger, less sophisticated sister of Stella McCartney's Stella.

Silvervine
Silvervine

An exellent rose perfume! Both classic and morden! Just love it!

This is a 100% pure rose fragrance, reminds me the fresh rose petal with dew. (It may be a little bit strange -- I always think that the scent of fresh rose petal is smillar to some kind of apple... totally have no idea where this weird thought comes from... Perhaps due to the sweetness of both... I don't know...) Sweet, pure, fresh, innocent, and a bit sexy. Good for almost all occasions.

On my skin, I didn't feel the change of the fragrance... (well, it might change... but I didn't get it.) It's just rose rose rose, from the beginning to the end. And the adorable scent stayed on my skin over 10 hours... Good job! EDP (the version that I have is a 1 oz EDP)

I also love the bottle design, the pure metal top and the painted rose on the outer box.

guest_charmaine
guest_charmaine

fresh but too ordinary, not my type i can say, i really need some sweet in the scent, cant bear it's rough and plain scent! and it lasts for like only an hour. shame on paul smith

cocolollobrigida
cocolollobrigida

i am not keen on rose perfumes,i don't like even roses' smells and probably because of this;this perfume's opening is too heavy for me,it smells like a bouquet of fresh roses,maybe it can be good or amazing for rose lovers but it is not ok for me. anyway,later,this perfume turns into an amazing,soft but impressive smell. and its staying power is unbelievable,it stays for hours on my skin.

fenlady
fenlady

Gorgeous! I have tried many rose perfumes trying to find the perfect rose scent, and this is it! Just like a huge, red rose blooming in a garden on a sunny day. And longevity is great, too.

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Well, I went straight to the shop today to buy it, based on the good reviews. I tried it at home, as there was no tester and I am really loving it!! I have been looking for a fresh and pure rose perfume for ages. I love roses and my boyfriend always brings me gorgeous ones, but they don't smell and somehow the only memory of roses comes back from childhood and sunny gardens...They were small, with few petals, but with a lovely smell. And this is exactly captured in Paul's Rose :-)) Happiness in a bottle!:-)

phassawan
phassawan

if u like rose, u have to try this.It 's a true rose perfume.The scent is like u put your nose on a bouquet of moroccan rose.I really recommend this.Not an old-fashion but fresh and nice.Not seductive but lovely.

Petite poupée
Petite poupée

I really don't like rose fragrances. But If I did, I would have loved this one. It's really the best rose fragrance I've ever smelled. It isn't heavy at all. Instead it's soft and fresh and light and romantic. Not weak. Just beautiful.

katyas
katyas

Like ComfyCat, I was intrigued by the story behind this scent, and, since I had some money burning a hole in my bank account, I immediately went to Amazon.com and purchased a bottle, despite not having so much as taken a sniff of the stuff. I was not disappointed - this is a lovely rose scent - really probably the closest to the "true rose" scent I've been trying to find with all my rose perfume purchases and even the one I designed myself with that site in Germany (and I'm so irritated that they only have a German version of that site, now - my German is so rusty and half the time I can't figure out what it is saying - but I digress). The rose scent is in no way ameliorated or toned down by the other notes, but rather perfectly framed by them to create the illusion of being in a sunny garden in which roses hold sway, but a small number of other flowers line the borders. A must-have for the rose-scent enthusiast!

Laylaxxx
Laylaxxx

Do you believe in love at first sight? Well, I do!
I love love love roses, and when I saw this bottle in the shop, I just knew it was something special!
And oooh my, wasn't I right! The sweet, though fresh scent of the roses, like they are growing in front of you eyes.
It's not soapy, dusty or something like that. Just the pure scent of roses. Actually one of the purest I've ever smelled. It's timeless.
It lasts perfectly! I sprayed it on my wrists yesterday, and I still smell the flowers of love and lust around me.
I want to purchase this one so badly!

cytot
cytot

my dear just gimme this!,
it suits me very well..
my nose couldnt stand the sharp scents..
love this much!

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

On one of the first cold and grey spring days when it seemed to be more winter than spring I read the story of "paul smith rose" and I was fascinated, that this perfume should embody the scent of a rose that was wife gave to him as a birthday present.
I thought that very romantic and the description was that interesting that I bought this one blind. And this was a good decision.

Paul Smith Rose is a very romantic rose scent, rosy as rose can be, a rose garden blooming in the sun and the warm summer air, not cloying, not heavy not soapy, just lovely velvety rose. At first you get the rose with green tea, but to me it's more the rose with the green stem, the leaves, the thorns, but soon it dries down to a velvety skin caressing rose scent, staying close to you, that you and people coming close to you can detect that you smell like a sunwarmed rose garden :-)

guest_ComfyCat
guest_ComfyCat

I had hoped for something different, it really smells like a rose, but there are so many different types of roses... This one is more the generic garden rose drenched in some tea but not what i was looking for.

amwoir
amwoir

you definately really got to love the strong smell of roses when this first goes on, it changes to a more deep gentle smell after a little while. i like it purely as it reminds me of my mum as she always wears it and i cant resist a squirt whenever i visit. we always know when she enters the room by this scent!!

guest_guestcurly
guest_guestcurly

it is a linear rose scent, nothing more pure rose!!I did not get the other ingredients as they were masked by the heavy rose..if you are into roses that is fine but it gave me a headache actually

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Yes, this is a pure rose scent. Smelling it, you can feel the air in a rose garden, warm and fragranct.

The bottle lacks some design, maybe it's just to advantage the natural fragrance itself.

JML LEE
JML LEE

a very lovely scent the best way i can describe it is like being in a rose garden after its been raining.the staying power is pretty good for a light scent too

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

very much a lovely plain rose perfume.. delicately beautiful.. staying power is ok too

Monos
Monos

Simple and beautiful. Not very sweet. Like a sad rose ...

it smells so fresh .love the packaging.even tho the packaging is so simple it makes up for it with the beautiful rose smell

guest_angel
guest_angel

Lovely true-rose scent, rather old-fashioned but in a good way! It's so hard to find a proper rose scent these days that doesn't smell cheap and artificial. Paul Smith Rose is a real, delicate rose scent, light but lasting, not at all overpowering or synthetic. It's comforting and gentle, like a good rose scent should be IMHO. Love this!

guest_nonii
guest_nonii

light rose smell
worth your money as well

Cherub573
Cherub573

I do not love it, but it is alright. It is not as soft and dewy as I was hoping. It's not a spicy or dark rose (I can't stand those), but there's a tartness of the scent on my skin. It seems to last and project pretty well, but not in an overwhelming fashion.

IRINA
IRINA

I love this smell very much!!! When I use it I know that the day will be a lucky one. And I feel myself like a flower - tender and romantic.

guest_perfume lover
guest_perfume lover

one of the best natural smelling perfume that i ever came across.

Long lasting and i even spray it on my pillow for a calming sleep.

When spray on myself, it helps to calm others around me too.

Also like the drawstring bag that the perfume comes in. Very country style and for someone who likes floral scent this is a total package.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

this smells like roses straight from a garden! not like hand soap. It is fresh and clean and so gorgeous! It brings back memories of being of being in the garden with bees hovering around and the warm summer air wafting of the smell of glorious roses!
This is the only rose perfume that truly smells like roses. x

index
index

Think I smelled the violet. Nothing like Stella, I missed the peony, which I very like in combination with rose. It reminded me much on Lauder´s Pleasures, but this one is stronger. Not my type of rose scent, too loud, but on the right person I´d like it. Long lasting.

flannelman
flannelman

Paul Smith Rose is a fresh, light, very well rendered rose fragrance. The opening note of violet is both lovely and uplifting.

To me, there is undoubtedly a youthful aspect to this scent. I keep picturing a bright-eyed, energetic but dreamy, cheerful, romantic young woman in her twenties wearing this...

Definitely worth a try!

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

I like the smell of roses, and this perfume smells really much like roses.
Don't spray on too much, it can be irritating after awhile.

Taliera

I took a gamble buying this one over the internet, because I hadn't tried it on my skin - but it turns out I didn't waste my money! In the shop (where I tested it on paper) I remember thinking, "It's very light. This is not going to last..." - but it does. And while it's not the most pungent of smells (by this I mean it stays close to the skin) I would classify it as medium to strong. I also remember thinking "who wants to smell like a rose?" (if you read my earlier review it was "pure rose") - don't get me wrong - I looooove roses - but do you really want to smell *exactly* like a rose? The fragrance is very rosey, there's no debating that - but it is more complex than that characteristic whiff you get from a rose bloom.

I'm keeping the (quite ordinary) bottle in the very cute carry bag it came with. The carry bag is printed with pink roses and their leaves, and has a drawstring top. I think it looks better in the bag, next to my other perfume bottles - and it doesn't distract from Flowerbomb, which looks surprisingly similar... One last note about the packaging - the top is metal ("real" metal, not one of those cheap tops that are made to look like it) and is hard to get off, although it spins around freely when on... The spritzer is liable to get damaged if you don't pull off the cap with the utmost (but strongest) care.

Overall the juice is much better than the bottle. Happy sniffing...

PR
PR

Fresh , light, much better then I expected 'rosy' smell to be

Taliera

This is pure rose. I have never smelt anything that so perfectly captured the scent of real roses. It reminds me of being a kid, stooping over to smell the blooming roses in my uncle's front garden. Delicate and soft.

Chelsea
Chelsea

i just bought this today and it smells so awesome and fresh! Like fresh flowers on a rainy day. very beautiful and though it is a floral fragrance, its notes doesn't knock you out at all.

Paul Smith Rose by Paul Smith 4.22 out of 5 based on 557 ratings and 123 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Paul Smith Paul Smith Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Paul Smith Paul Smith Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Paul Smith Rose by Paul Smith. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Paul Smith Rose by Paul Smith represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.