Designers » N-Q » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Endymion Penhaligon`s for men
dislike

herbal
Endymion Penhaligon`s for men Pictures

Endymion by Penhaligon`s is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Endymion was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Fragrance Resources. Top notes are mandarin orange, bergamot, lavender and sage; middle notes are geranium and coffee; base notes are leather, musk, myrhh, vetiver, nutmeg, black pepper, cardamon, sandalwood, incense and olibanum.

Mandarin Orange Bergamot Lavender Sage

Geranium Coffee

Leather Musk Myrhh Vetiver Nutmeg Black Pepper Cardamon Sandalwood Incense Olibanum

Endymion Fragrance Reviews

Jassar
Jassar

Truly great scent. It is great for fall and winter. Very smooth with no sharp edges. It is a niche version of Polo Double Black without the harsh pepper. Yes, it does have pepper in it but it is blended so well it comes across as just added smooth spice. Masculine, refined and sexy.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a sweet but reassuringly mild powdery wood scent, with captivating florals and fruit in the top: a sepia-colored satin ribbon with a stripe of magenta up the middle, that blends together over time into purple. Its cinnamon and trace of mocha remind me of a cross between Armani Code, L'Instant de Guerlain, and Van Cleef and Arpels minus the fetid moldiness, but it's still a bit feminine for me. I almost wish that it were light enough for me to handle a full day of it, because it's actually an intriguing scent, but I worry about how it would come across even if it were lighter. If I smelled this on a sophisticated woman, though, it would be drop-dead sexy!

Manny44
Manny44

Endymion is quite nice, maybe even very nice (think of a shy version of Versace's The Dreamer but with an added, and quite rich and robust actually, Coffee note) but its downfall is longevity. I wouldn't mind getting one as a gift but I'm glad I bought Sartorial instead.

Edit: Mmmm...despite longevity being below average and having to reapply every 3 hours this is still a very solid "like" for me. It is kind of ...heavenly.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Endymion would make John Keats proud.

This is a fragrance that comes across as poetic, romantic, and intellectual. Endymion does not scream seduction - indeed, this fragrance does not scream anything. Rather it is a whisper in the ear, a biting of the lip. It is a reminder that, as Keats put it, "a thing of beauty is a joy for ever".

This is a gentleman's fragrance... One that requires the wearer to be something more than the usual, else the lady who catches a whiff of this scent will lean in to find nothing hidden behind the curtain.

If a man were to wear this to a club, he might find that he stands out, as if he does not belong in or near the repugnant clouds that follow those wearing the maniacally aggressive (and repulsive) One Million. For some this will be a good thing. For others not so much.

Endymion is romance, not sex. Words of love, not heavy breathing and rustled sheets.

"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever." True.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Tons of lavender and bergamot in the opening of this one, and it smells very good. After a little bit the lavender turns slightly powdery, still nice though. Into the drydown, im getting a very minor hint of leather, almost undetectable.

This one smells very nice but at the same time its hard to smell. Very soft, possibly I have slight anosmia to it.

I can't deny that Penhaligon are masterful at blending fragrances, this one is nothing out of the ordinary. It's a prominent lavender with delicate spicing to create a fragrance which is not in your face more dignified I'd say. Clean & masculine seems to be a theme which runs through all the male focused Penhaligons but nothing groundbreaking.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

INDISTINGUISHABLE

Top notes come off as a soft yet masculine easy to wear fragrance.

Dries down to a basic inoffensive powder.

konami125
konami125

Like the scent but for some reason reminds me of Gillette body wash? Maybe it's just me, but it sill smells good. Still worth the buy.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

Longevity is very good. I get a lot of creamy coffee/cacao.

TitoTrue
TitoTrue

Wow! Don't pass on this one. Yes Longevity and projection are bad... Very bad, but it smells really good. My point is when you get to this level of fragrance "Niche" these scents should be for you and not for fishing for complements.

Kain
Kain

I've tested this fragrance several times to get something out of it, but to be honest with you it's nothing!
A very generic fresh spicy scent with some floral notes and touch of leather is all things that I get from it.
At the opening I can smell a semi fresh spicy scent with hint of floral notes. something that I've smelt in tons of fragrances!
Projection is crap! no projection at all!
In the dry down things get a little better!
The fresh scent settle down and now some leather kick in plus some sweetness.
When I say leather do not expect a dark or smoky leather! a very weak and smooth leather, completely in the background!
It didn't survive to the base because it last only one hour on my skin and then it was gone!
It's $120 for a bottle!!
Dude, go kid yourself!

راستش من این عطر چندین بار تست کردم بلکه یه چیز بدرد بخور از توش در بیاد اما نشد که نشد
اولش یه بوی خیلی ملایم و خنک مرکباتی میده که کمی رایحه های تند و فلفلی و کمی هم رایحه های گلها باهاش ترکیب شدن
یه بوی بسیار عادی و عامیانه که صدها بار تو عطرهای مختلف دیگه حس کردم
یه مقدار که میگذره بوی شاداب مرکباتی ضعیف میشه و بوی عطر کمی شیرین و حالا بوی چرم بهش اضافه میشه
وقتی میگم چرم توقع بوی چرم قوی و تلخ و دودی نداشته باشین ها! یه بوی خیلی ضعیف و ملایم چرم که زورکی حس میشه
دیگه فرصتی نشد که ببینم رایحه پایه چطوریه چون بعد از یک ساعت بوش محو شد بطور کامل
یه شیشه 100 میل این عطر 120 دلار حدودا قیمت داره
رسما باید خر مختو گاز گرفته باشه که همچین پولی بابت این بدی

lavaman
lavaman

A young man's scent. Nothing unpleasant a prominant lavender which I like very much. Never over powering with close to the skin sillage which would be great for work and even a signature scent.... You can easily find similar fragrances for far less, but nothing can beat Penhaligons mastery of blending. Suited for cooler weather would die off super fast in a warm climate. A well crafted scent, masculine and understated. I love the bottle with the dark blue labeling and bow

EarthBoundMisfit
EarthBoundMisfit

This literally stopped my heart with it's spicy, green-thick warmth on the test strip. Could this be? Have I found IT? ... THE fragrance manifestation of all I am and hope to be? Alas..cruel, cruel chemistry world, it turns to old powder on me from 5 minutes through 2 hours into drydown. Moldy. Old. Powder. ( insert a stifled sob here )

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

Never tire of this one. For me, it's happiness in a bottle! Completely soothing and utterly charming, this dreamy concoction puts my mind and spirit at ease with it's comforting sweetness and warm embrace.

tororojo37
tororojo37

The metamorphsis of this fragrance is astonishing to me. If the gentle citrus and floral were all that were present, then this would still be a pleasant enough scent that I would wear. But the sudden descent into the creamy, leathery, resinous depths is really thrilling. I am reminded of Russian tea I used to buy called Petrouchka that also had cardamom in it. It's as though the floral/citrus notes were a Japanese paper screen enclosing a Tolsoyish lounge on the other side with piping hot tea from the samovar, old books, old leather club chairs, and good cigars. The leather and the cardamom seem to effect a creaminess like when milk is added to strong black tea.

What's remarkable is that this metamorphasis happens over and over again to those who come upon the fragrance. Hours later when you still smell the warm Tolstoy lounge on your skin, the echoes of the floral/citrus are still there. I do not begrudge to low sillage as this expert and masterful blending is a delicate balancing act that requires a gentle touch.

This is my favourite of Penhaligon's and women to go crazy for this one.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

'A thing of beauty is a joy for ever' from the poem ENDYMION by John Keats based on the Greek Mythology of the Moon Goddess Selene putting the mortal Endymion to sleep so he remains young and her lover forever. Endymion evokes seduction, wanting and obsession. Fresh, spicy, sweet with leather and musk that becons you with tantalising beauty. A scent that instantly draws you into a mesmerising and luscious dance of love and desire.

The New Monaco
The New Monaco

Fresh, spicy, masculine. Great stuff!

Go4broke
Go4broke

I'm going to stick my neck out here and suggest that this fragrance (to me at least) is a masterpiece. It's so so beautiful, soft and deep, spicy and masculine. But Penhaligon's seriously need to work on their longevity issues.

Lttdcn
Lttdcn

I bought this for myself after trying the scratch-and-rub tester in some magazine when it was first released in the UK. Yes, I am female, and yes, feminine. :-) With my nose full of Something Else, I can't describe Endymion for you, other than to say, omg, this is liquid seduction in a bottle. Distinctive and memorable. Also, I agree with guest Mr P in that just when you think it's worn off, my wrist strays over the burner while I'm cooking and, oh my! There go my knees to jelly again!

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is a new find for me and I am so glad I found it. It is so well made and is a truly classy fragrance. Starts off with a sweet mandarin with herbs and lavender and then the creamy coffee shines through. As this dries down the coffee is very noticible with a spiciness mixed through it. It has a powdery touch with musk and pepper. Completely masculine and for a cologne the longevity is superb. I have received many compliments from both men and women on this fragrance and I just love the scent. It was described as elegant,subtle and very sexy.
This has become a very firm favourite of mine and this is definately staying in my collection from now on.

malcner
malcner

I love this scent, but it doesn't seem to last very long with me so I use a lot of it. Unfortunately, for that reason, I grudge buying a full bottle (but I still do!) It is lovely though and everyone I've encountered seems to think so too! Woman seem to love it...if that matters to you....
I don't know if its just me, but as soon as I smelled this for the first time, I was instantly reminded of Boss Bottled....I still think so, only this smells a bit more up market to me and better quality.....but I suppose that could be my imagination. They aren't identicle but I sure smell some similarities. This is a lovely soft scent. Deep and masculine, a little spicy and a little sweet. Perfectly blended. One of my favourite penhaligon's!

chweintr
chweintr

This is a great fragrance. A quiet one. Perfect for commuting -- the kind you can wear without overwhelming other passengers...

problem is - after a really short time it becomes one of those fugitive scents that you catch a passing whiff of every once in a while but most of the time hardly know is there at all.

pianomanmiller
pianomanmiller

This fragrance is by far my wife's favorite. When I wear it she can't keep her hands off me. It's like liquid cat-nip for girls! It's a very well made fragrance and is much different than the cookie cutter fragrances most guys are wearing. It only last about 4 hours on me and sillage is moderate, more of a date night fragrance.

williamvargas
williamvargas

very nice scent, got a sample of this and enjoyed it very much a little dry but very aromatic , warm .need to sample a little longer but first impressions was very good and well received..very nice , they make some quality products..every sample so far i have been impressed with just overall quality, longevity seems good with this one as well. it does remind me of something, can't put my finger or my nose on it..nice stuff..
very appealing and masculine..
excellent scent cloud with this one.. warm and spicy..
I think a romantic man would wear this..
yes romance is in the air..the seducer would wear this.. sneaky devil..

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

This is a soft but elegant cologne. Better than expected longevity for a cologne rather than an EDT. I get small hints of leather, sandalwood and vetiver but even less of lavender. None of them is overpowering. In combination, it is just a bit sweet and spicy without being gourmand or floral. A winner.

Fezziwig
Fezziwig

I liked Endymion so much, I added the shaving cream & the balm to my morning shave. I do prefer this fragrance over Blenheim Bouquet.

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

I think if a man wears this while dating he sends a message single women want to hear...of stability and a modern hominess because of a newer spin on some traditional notes (bergamot, lavender, vetiver) but also the message of a well travelled merchant-like worldiness (sandalwood, cardamom, black pepper, coffee), and a very aloof untouchable/touch-me quality that makes a woman wish he would cross the room and pay some attention to her (leather and musk). This man may be too popular for her, but he is there.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Starts off with typical "man cologne" scent, bergamot and lavender but then very quickly sweetens up into a warm amber, sweet myrrh and leather. Lots of leather. A hint of coffee gives a roasted quality. The sage and nutmeg are also present but wouldn't call them top players.

It reminds me very much of Prada L'eau Ambree with its citrus/amber play and sheer but dark close to the skin qualities.

ReezeWahab
ReezeWahab

Saw this boutique at Dubai Mall, I was curious to know the scents from this brand. They sold this at Takashimaya Department Store in SIngapore but never actually tested it. Only when I went to the store at Dubai Mall, I tested almost all of the perfumes available, one by one. Felt in love with this one.. It was amazing.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Out of the bottle, Endymion smells fresh and clean. When you put it on, several scents hit you in succession: the fresh soapy smell, followed by something musky, and then the scent of smoke. The smoke only lasts long enough to give birth to incense, and for a while the incense mingles with something other to become a sweet incense barbershop scent (definitely not my favorite part in this journey).

In time, this fragrance deepens into a musky incense that is simply to die for. It is at once, innocent and earthy, pure and strong. The projection is moderate -- you can smell it on yourself with three dabs or so. Unfortunately, it lasts only three hours. Sigh.

The musky-incense drydown makes this my favorite incense scent yet, but it's not worth a full bottle because of the shockingly short duration.

UPDATE: If you can try this as a decant first, I highly recommend it. As a decant (as opposed to a sample), it is very well blended and quite luxurious in its aroma, and even brings compliments from the opposite sex. Also, with repeated wearings (even with the sample), the weird barbershop scent phase no longer happens.

Endymion, fair Endymion...one of the very FEW mortals blessed enough to know the love of one of the gods, (and live!) who received immortality, eternal youth and a peaceful fate of eternal slumber. Endymion was a shepherd on the slopes of Mt Latmos (on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey across the Bosphorus from Greece, near the mouth of the river Meander). Selene, who drove the chariot of the moon across the night sky, saw him and fell in love with his beauty. She bore him no less than 50 daughters (the Menae) and so hated the idea of him dying, that she asked a boon of Zeus: to keep him eternally young and make him immortal. It is said he is not dead, but eternally resting, beautiful as ever, in a cave on Mt Latmos; and it is here that Selene still visits him nightly embracing him with her soft silvery beams...

I can see why this scent was named Endymion. It is one of the most beautiful man scents I have ever smelled and a fitting homage to the beauty of a young man who captured the heart of not only a goddess, but a daughter of Titans. The opening is stunning, the bright sweetness of the bergamot and mandarin are like a disarming grin that makes you like this guy on first meeting him. The sexy spicy cardamom, smooth nutmeg and peppercorns add a bit of the "wild" edge to him. (He was a shepherd who lived on a mountain, after all). There is something here that reminds me a bit of LALIQUE's Le Faune; only it is much more elegant, almost royal, and still quite "down to earth" but not as lewd or brash as a satyr (or faun) would be. Here, is a son of royalty, who just happens to prefer to be out of doors, living under the starry skies and free. The "heart" of this (amber, lavender, sage and vetiver) give this a very masculine air, yet are combined so very beautifully it is hard not to love it on first meeting it. Warm and sweet, clean and smooth, sharp yet not "biting" and smoky but clean...if a goddess fell in love; what chance do we mere mortals have? *sighs* In the cool recesses of his cave, we are wrapped in animal skins (leather), the warmth of his embrace (myrrh) and can smell a divine musk. The scent of his skin, washed in mountain streams, smelling of earth, man and nature. Adrogyny was considered the ultimate beauty in ancient Greece, and that is truly what Endymion is...softly (almost femininely) stunning while maintaining a quiet strength that is at once elegant and powerful. Penhaligon's, you have outdone yourselves!!

Sillage: good but tender
Longevity: impressive
Overall: 5/5 (Who am I to argue with the Gods?)

Though Endymion is marketed (and constructed) for men. I see no problem with women wearing this stunning creation. Though it lacks fruits and flowers, it has a definite sweetness, a subtle (very SEXY) smooth spiciness and a "to die for" drydown. Many people (non-perfumisti types) that I know would ROLL THEIR EYES at paying close to 100 USD for a 50 ml perfume...I just roll my eyes at THEM, sniff my wrists, sigh DEEPLY and walk away. Penhaligon's may cost more but it is definitely worth it here, and for this scent...I would pay more, if need be. Guys, do yourselves a favor: if you want ONE cologne that is spicy, sexy and just a tad bit sweet...but you do NOT want to smell like all the rest of "those dudes"-invest in a bottle of ENDYMION. You'll understand when you sniff it, trust me!

There are many accounts of Endymion's birth and his "story". Almost as many stories as there were storytellers, but ONE thing they all agree on was his beauty, quiet strength and his absolute charisma and charm. For once, the perfume really does match the name...

kdlehr
kdlehr

Got a sample and tried it today.
Must be something wrong with my nose going by the reviews i am reading.I get a bit of citrus and maybe 1 or 2 spices for about 30 sec then its gone.
I will have to give it another chance someday

vishnu
vishnu

This is a very classy scent indeed .

JohnMc
JohnMc

warm, sensuous and gentle. The main characteristics for me being amber, musk and pepper with an initial opening of spicy orange. Truly lovely and enveloping in its attractiveness.

bronstein
bronstein

Wow, this is elegant and sweet, almost elusive but very present at the same time. Perfect for guys who sometimes envy the girls who can choose within a wide range of sweet and warm scents. The word "lovely" describes it best.

Another genteel fragrance along the lines of OPUS 1870, Penhaligon ENDYMION, too, opens slightly masculine but then quickly transforms into a warm woody quasi-tobacco/liatrix delight.

The opening here is aromatic, too, but equally shortlived. The dominant floral is lavender, which might still seem masculine to some, but to my nose the drydown of ENDYMION is like a cross between Trussardi JEANS and BELLE EN RYKIEL, featuring a lovely texture of some tobacco leaf- or coffee- or patchouli-like base--or reasonable facsimile--mingling with lavender. I like this a lot and would consider adding a bottle to my collection.

Anyone--of any gender or persuasion--who likes BELLE EN RYKIEL would like this as well. Those who harbor ill-will toward lavender frags should stay away. But this is not a heavy-leather-nutmeg-cardamom disaster, as one might fear from the listed notes. None of those typically strong and loud components dominates here.

I bought this on the notes, hoping it would work for me without being too obviously masculine. Alas, it is 100% masculine, but it's a very good fragrance nonetheless. Bergamot and vetiver make it very same-y to standard men's scents when it first goes on, but that mellows as tobacco notes and smooth woods creep in. Very nice. I need to spray it on my husband and try it again!

sky76sky
sky76sky

The last thing I was expecting to find in a Penhaligon's scent was a warm, sweet Lynx deoderant, but on first sniff, that's what flooded my nostrils!

Luckily, before I became too disgruntled, Endymion started to unfurl & turn into something far more special.

The nutmeg & white spices create a lot of air-space around what is, essentially, a warm, creamy leather & coffee scent. The leather here is very old & well-kept, the type found on antique writing desks, oxblood buttoned armchairs or within a Morgan car.

With frankinsence, myrrh & insence there is a deep & delicious resinous quality to Endymion that softens the vetiver & woods & creates a very romantic scent. Not too sweet, not too spicey - very well-blended.

Is it ground-breaking or modern? Is it dated? Is it for young cads? Or better suited to dads in slippers? To me, it is none of those things. Here, I found a scent with a timeless, ageless quality & with a very understated voice.

It has great lasting power & my favourite stage is when the basenotes are in full control. In Greek mythology Endymion was said to be a handsome astronomer so loved by Selene (the moon) that she put him into an eternal sleep so she could visit him every time the sun went down & the stars shone brightly. Endymion literally means "to dive in"....a long plunge into the setting sun. Indeed, for me it is a seductive end-of-the day type scent.....enjoyed with a large brandy & an autumn glow. Simply lovely.

guest_Mr. P
guest_Mr. P

The one things I absolutely love about Endyminon is how well it lasts throughout the entire day. I apply one splash on my chest in the morning before I go to work, and eleven hours later when I go to exercise and get warm the thing responds to a degree that almost embarrasses me (people might think I just put it on for the exercise).

It is firm and masculine in a traditional way, secure and unobtrusive, but still (when the temperature rises) spicy and romantic.

Endymion by Penhaligon`s 4.36 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Endymion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Endymion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Endymion by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Endymion by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.