Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Victorian Posy Penhaligon`s for women

Victorian Posy Penhaligon`s for women
dislike

Victorian Posy Penhaligon`s for women Pictures

Victorian Posy by Penhaligon`s is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Victorian Posy was launched in 1979. Top notes are amalfi lemon, orange, hyacinth, galbanum and chamomile; middle notes are violet, jasmine and rose; base notes are amber, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and vetiver.

Amalfi Lemon Orange Hyacinth Galbanum Chamomile

Violet Jasmine Rose

Amber Sandalwood Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver

Victorian Posy Fragrance Reviews

sarahvigne
sarahvigne

Jackie, the mother of a friend of mine, wore this perfume. It blended well with the exotic warmth of her and her henna hair dye. She was a middle aged woman with history. I loved Victorian Posy on her and felt I had to buy some for myself. Sadly I was too young and delicate and I couldn't carry it. Too strong for my skin. it didn't feel good on me.
I worked out that it smelt best after many hours of my wearing it, so I used to spray it on myself just before I went to sleep. Eight hours later I got the curry plant smell I wanted! It wasn't what I needed from a perfume, this delayed gratification was too difficult!

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This was a blind buy but not a successful one. Victorian Posy belongs in the Victorian era, it's far too old fashioned for me and smells like a dry, past it's sell by date pot pouri, with some powder and lots of yellow type florals, bound together with aldehydes. This is terribly old fashioned and I cannot imagine that it would appeal to many.
Not a safe blind buy, but perhaps a collectors item.

weegee
weegee

Opens with hyacinths --delightful!-- and the springtime green freshness of galbanum. For 15 minutes VP is a glorious, seamlessly blended bouquet anyone would be proud to give or pleased to receive.

During those first 15 minutes I can agree with every positive statement made by previous reviewers: classic, pretty, very "English Garden" in the best possible way. Alas, just as I start to think this one might be the first FB-worthy Penhaligon I've encountered, a dusty dryness takes over. Dusty like a bowl of potpourri past its prime. Dusty like a dried bouquet kept for sentimental reasons. Dusty like the remnants of fragrance on a shirt worn outside after a day of weeding the flower garden.

After the dust settles, what I'm left with is an unquestionably masculine fragrance! Yes, this Penhaligon goes all "old barber shop" on me, but not in a way that makes me think of well-groomed men. Instead, VP calls to mind the older Western movies in which the cowboys and ranchers would come to town a couple of times a year for a bath, shave and haircut. VP is what that old-timey barber would slap on the customers before they'd head on over to the saloon.

Old, musty-dusty, dry and masculine. A scrubber.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I will admit that I am an Anglophile. Past & present I love all things English. Despite living in a stunningly beautiful country I still secretly wish I was British (not least for the EU passport).

So when I spotted something enchantingly named 'Victorian Posy' on the shelf, I snatched it up for a sniff. The bottle smelt quite promising so with a shrug, I debonairly sprayed some on my wrist.

Oh my goodness, I am so in love. At first I found the fragrance a bit challenging with a mish-mash of befuddled flowers. I think it was just the shock of smelling something so different to what I normally come across because I quickly started to engage with the perfume.

Victorian Posy smells like a genteel soap you might find in an old style B&B on a romantic weekend in the country. Filled with soapy roses and violets it is not sexy at all, it is all pure innocent romance.

The drydown is musky rose, the musk being quite reminiscent of that found in Narciso Rodriguez EDP. However here, it has old-fashioned rose mixed in to grace it with a vintage charm.

You might imagine that Victorian Posy would be a demure, shy, little lass however that is far from the truth. This is an assertive feminine presence, filled with strong florals and musk.

It IS old-fashioned (it is meant to be), but I don't necessarily think older women should be allowed to hog this gorgeous scent. I can see this being worn by an independant avant-garde younger woman who wants to assert her femininity without smelling like she is on heat.

Geri
Geri

I bought it out of sheer curiosity and because I usually love Penhaligon's scents but I seriously can't force myself to like it. It smells like some of these old vintage bags you find in secondhand shops. It's pretty nice for old Ladies or mothers-in-law but unfortunately not for me.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

It reminds me a very classic scent, but I can't remember exactly. It's good for mature stylish ladies, like buisinesswomen, teachers etc. I presented it to my mother-in-law who holds a chair of English language in the university. She enjoys this perfume.

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

This really does conjour up images of a Victorian garden, or more precisely a Victorian tea party were all the girls wore pretty dresses and ribbons and everthing was correct. It is a very elegant blend of floral notes - I don't find that any particular note dominates, though I am aware of the hyacinth and violet, and the patchouli in the drydown. It lasts well, and if you like nostalgic scents, you should like this.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Victorian Posy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Victorian Posy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Victorian Posy by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Victorian Posy by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.