Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Zizonia Penhaligon`s for women

Zizonia Penhaligon`s for women
dislike

Zizonia is a part of the famous Anthology collection, which features the re-launched editions of their traditional perfumes.

Zizonia was originally created the 1930s as a mysterious and nomadic oriental perfume, heady and enticing. A desert odyssey of spices, patchouli and pepper takes you to a luxurious oasis of sweet orange, ginger and vetiver.

Top notes: orange blossom, bergamot, coriander. Heart: lavender, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, geranium, black pepper, cumin. Base: patchouli, amber, cedar, vetiver, sandalwood.

It is available as 100 ml EDT. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Provenzano.

Coriander Bergamot Orange Cardamom

Lavender Geranium Nutmeg Ginger Pepper Cumin

vetyver Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar Amber

Zizonia Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Love it, beautiful, fresh AND woody, really woody perfume! It is delicate but long-lasting, light and slightly herbal (owing to the wonderful lavender). Perfectly elegant, non-disturbing yet recognizable scent, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it both for more and less formal occasions.

This is a good scent. I'm not going to go mad about it, Zizonia is good!
A fresh opening leads into Creamy woods and gentle spice. I get mainly geranium, nutmeg and sandalwood, cardamom (in fact a range of spice) but it's a mixture of really well blended notes.
That's the story of Penhaligon's complex but oh so simple, I wasn't surprised this was aimed at women because I felt a certain soft, powdered femininity from it... but don't be fooled I'd wear it.
My girlfriend however thought it was too minimal and didn't like it...not gonna find it in her christmas stocking then!
It didn't last on my skin though, and I don't just mean in the way that many from this house don't, I mean it's very soft and close to the skin from the start.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is another of the family that I would call "light woods," and initially I thought it was going to be very close to their Opus 1870. It's very subtle right out of the vial, with a similar sweet (but not sweetened?) cedar and some orange. It has just enough of the dry pencil-shavings to be a true, believable wood scent, without going overboard; it feels like the notes stay near the surface but I wouldn't call it shallow. It's like a vague shadow of Nicolai New York that has shed the heavier components. There's maybe a hint of bubblegum (frankincense?) in there but not enough to spoil it. I think that Zizonia retains discretely detectable wood and floral notes, while in Opus everything blends together into a transparent, uniform wall of scent. Unfortunately my nose got stuffed up halfway through this, so I may rewrite it later, but I also know that it's weak from previous trials, and that it possesses the same soft, powdery vibe that neuters a lot of their "masculine" offerings.

aschiffm
aschiffm

smells pleasantly burnt at first application, then I get soft spicy from the nutmeg, cumin, and pepper that is softened, sweetened, and warmed up by orange and ginger. this is all held together by creamy sandalwood and balmy amber resin that makes the powdery spicy/sweet mix just smell like your skin is naturally as such.

It's soooo subtle and It's creamy spicy, Balenciaga's new perfumes Balenciaga Paris & L'essence that came out recently remind me of this a lot in that respect of subtle cream spice. Except Zizonia was out in the 1930s and I smell more nutmeg here.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Zizonia is like a niche-version of Cartier Declaration. Very warm, spicy, and mysterious. One of the best from Penhaligon`s! Highly recommended.
-Fragrantica.com should change the title "for women", because this scent is for both men and women leaning a bit over to the masculine side of the scale.

galex
galex

Zizonia starts opulent and spicy but is not long lasting. IMO it is more a male scent. Try before you buy.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

This is a tamed geranium scent, pleasantly spiced but not sharp, and rather balanced - almost tea-like; not that it smells of tea as such, but that's how I imagine geranium tea might smell like... very lucid for something that contains so many spices. I think it's the caraway that takes the edge off, so the pepper and the ginger (and the geranium itself) don't tickle your nose with their sharpness. It's also pretty dry and a little "dusty", like Hammam Bouquet, but not as attention-grabbing and opulent. The drydown is more woody than anything else. Overall, it's neither a strong nor a long-lasting scent. It seems to be the older version of Malabah, which to me is more impressive in all respects.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Zizonia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Zizonia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zizonia by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zizonia by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Penhaligon`s Elixir Penhaligon`s Opus 1870 Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Serge Lutens Chergui Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Kyoto Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Jaisalmer Penhaligon`s Hammam Bouquet L`Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Tom Ford Oud Wood L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two Amouage Jubilation for Men Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore Penhaligon`s Sartorial By Kilian Back to Black L`Artisan Parfumeur Seville a l`Aube