Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Samba Nova Perfumer`s Workshop for women

Samba Nova Perfumer`s Workshop for women
dislike

Samba Nova by Perfumer`s Workshop is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Samba Nova was launched in 1992. Top notes are orange blossom, green notes, fruity notes and brazilian rosewood; middle notes are tuberose, iris, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, civet and cedar.

Orange Blossom Green Notes Fruity Notes Brazilian Rosewood

Tuberose iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Civet Cedar

Chanel No 5 Eau de Cologne

Samba Nova Fragrance Reviews

Katrin77
Katrin77

I can imagine Samba Nova can be hard to like if tested for the first time now. I had it in the 90's, in my first year in university, and I am certainly coloured by my life and memories from back then. I loved it then, and I do it now as well. It was released in the era of big hair and strong, deep, oriental perfumes, and Samba Nova came to the party as this tall, strange and short haired girl who got everyones attention, because she is so different. It's contemporary and cool, and has a bit of the same confusing and surprising feel as Contradiction by Calvin Klein. Not at all classy or feminine. A fun one to have and use if you want to surprise. Just too bad that it's so hard to find.

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Am a bit perplexed here. Samba Nova is far from horrid. The year was 1992. White Diamonds had only been released a year prior. In two years CK One would change the game to what it is today. However, this fume is true to its roots and the trend at the time: Powerhouse Floral Civet. Yes. It is powdery. I'm not a real fan of powder but have learned certain flowers like Rose tend to smell powdery. It has a floral heart. It has a Very 80's Base. It is true to it's genre. I still baffle that Chanel no. 5 gets all the love but so many other worthy fragrances get hammered. Frankly, there isn't that much difference between them in many ways. I wonder how much authentic thought goes into some comments. This is a lovely fragrance. It Has been in production for almost a quarter of a century so someones must continue to buy it. Therefore, this all remains a mystery to me and I am almost glad. I got to purchase Samba Nova for a great price and don't have to worry that everyone will know what I'm wearing. I'm confident this is one which lives on the skin so much better than it does in print. There's even a little fruity notes going here. Seriously, there's so much to like. Maybe people think Katy Perry's Meow is all that .. or something that smells like nothing?

mhubbard
mhubbard

Samba Nova might be compared to the date that every woman of a certain age has had....pre-Internet dating, most likely. The man was recommended by a seemingly reliable aquaintance that in reality, doesn't know him very well. He arrives on time and is clean.It is the best that can be said. It is quickly apparent there is no point of reference. There seems to be a mis-match of expectations. Perhaps you are a PhD candidate, he is a Chinese restaurant delivery man without a sense of humor. Or you are a Republican,and he works fervently to save a species. Although clashing ideologies often make for interesting conversation, in this sad case, it does not. Even a few (or more) glasses of wine do not help. The hours at last crawl by and you can honestly tell your mutual friend you "got together". You may have even had sex, for all I know. What I do know is if the phone rings the next day, or anytime in the next week, do not answer it. No matter how lonely you are.

tahiszz
tahiszz

I love this fragrance it's fruity animalic chypre.

lapurrla
lapurrla

"Lemon windex feel". Heehee. The first paragraph of Glitteralex's review is a hoot.

The mini came together with one I actually wanted. Thought I should try it, so now I have, duty done. Most detergents smell better than this, it's true. Hayfever in a bottle. Undeserving of the title perfume.

edie0629
edie0629

Since I bought it at a low price ($100),I don't expect it would bring an extreme beautiful feeling to me, it's fresh and wonderful, just good, amazing.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Quite possibly one of the worst fragrances I have ever smelled. The scent of a tour bus filled with ladies in polyester leisure suits, en route to a factory outlet.

The top has a lemon windex feel, no flowers to be seen in the heart, and a revolting heart (this word came to mind before reading the above review!). Drydown is a dry, unavailable, cloying version of the typical 80s chypre base.

Strangely enough, it reminds me in some way of one of my favorite 80s scents: "Moments" by P. Presley. If you stripped out Moments' lemon top, floral heart, and the animal base, you would be left with Samba Nova. Such a surprise, coming from the first niche group out there, Perfumer's Workshop, who brought us the wonderful Tea Rose.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perfumer`s Workshop Samba Nova fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perfumer`s Workshop Samba Nova, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Samba Nova by Perfumer`s Workshop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Samba Nova by Perfumer`s Workshop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.