Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Tea Rose Perfumer`s Workshop for women

Tea Rose Perfumer`s Workshop for women
dislike

tuberose

Tea Rose by Perfumer`s Workshop is a Floral fragrance for women. Tea Rose was launched in 1975. The fragrance features bergamot, rose, lily, tuberose, sandalwood, amber, cedar and brazilian rosewood.

Bergamot Rose Lily Tuberose Sandalwood Amber Cedar Brazilian Rosewood

Les Fleurs: Rose

Tea Rose Fragrance Reviews

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

Too strong on me.. Had to pass it to my mom... Everything smells gorgeous on her.. And so does Tea Rose... She layers it and sometimes wears it alone... It smells heavenly on her...

Sweet Sea Pea

I've decided to write a second review, because much to my surprise this gem has become my signature. I picked up a second huge 4oz bottle not long after the first 1oz, for the same price: $9.99. I took the smaller bottle to work and now keep the larger bottle out in the open at my vanity, while all my other frags are kept put away to protect from light. The only other frag I've been using frequently enough to keep out is my 1oz L'air du Temps which is an EDT in a white plastic travel casing. Tea Rose is addictively fresh and yet deep at the same time. I love to douse myself in it. I usually apply at least 5 to 7 liberal squirts to skin, hair, and clothing. It lasts 4 hours max on my skin, but lingers pleasantly in my clothes and hair. I got on the bus the other day on a sweltering afternoon and sat next to a beautifully dressed young woman who literally thanked me for smelling so good! Later my boss also said I smelled good, and on that day I probably used about 10-12 spritzes to refresh myself in the heat. I disagree with those who say this is too strong, clearly. However, since I prefer complicated scents perhaps I marinate myself to experience that deceptively multi-layered story being told with Tea Rose. It is however fairly linear, which I realize might be why I love it. I can count on the consistently beautiful fresh earthy and floral rose to envelop me in the gorgeous aura of a natural thing in full bloom. Being at an age that is sometimes called a woman's prime, where I still retain the fresh beauty of youth (I just turned 37 and never looked better) but also have experienced some life and have come to really know myself, I think Tea Rose reflects who I am in a poetic way. I know I will continue to wear many fragrances, and will reach for something more exotic when I want to feel a certain kind of way, but for the daily flow of my life Tea Rose is just perfect. If I can leave a trail of fresh rose petals everywhere I go, the stems and soil crushed beneath my feet...what magic shall I weave.

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

This is the best cheap perfume ever. And I found it on sale for $4 ! Definetly heavy on the rose; no surprise there. But it has a bit of green for balance. Last a long time and is very strong. Great for smelling clean when you have to be in a smokey place.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

my mom used to have the old bottle... the black one where tea rose is written on it... my goodness what darn headache inducing scent that i can never learn to love whether someone marinates in it or even have it sprayed sparingly!!! it smells like roses for sure but it stays forever inside a room for literally days...it's just like rose, rose, rose, and a whole ton of rose... and not in the softest scent of rose there is...

faubel
faubel

Incredible realistic rose scent! I had this sample sitting around my house for the last four months, never eager to try it, partly due to the ugly bottle and cheap price, and partly due to having hated most of the rose perfumes I've tried. I love rose, but all I've been able to find that I like (besides rose oil) are sweet gourmand roses. Tried all the Juliette Has a Gun range, tried several Montales, and they all seemed kind of soapy and bitter and prim.

This thing is lush and beautiful. Yes, you can smell a bucket full of rose petals, but also, as has been said many times, the stems and leaves. To my nose there is nothing pungent, sweet, soapy, or bitter about this perfume. It smells fresh and alive.

drakecito
drakecito

Sorry but I have tried it few weeks ago (blind buy in fragrancex) and I have to say that this smelly. To me this is a nauseating powdery smell. Nothing of natural roses here.

The good thing is longevity and sillage. Both are average.

scent: 2/10
longevity: 4/10
sillage: 3/10

Mandy31
Mandy31

I used to love this perfume- it was the most heavenly tea rose imaginable. But a recently purchased bottle smells strong pungent green and is a scrub. I don't know if they have changed the formulation or I have accidentally got a bad bottle. Hope the latter...

fumelover
fumelover

I was so doubtful when I picked up a 4 oz. bottle of this juice for a mere $9.99 but everyone is right, this is straight up tea rose and believe it not, it smells great.

It's as if I am smelling the actual flower. It's fresh and doesn't sour. In fact, on skin, I say it mellows out to a nice soft scent.

However, you cannot spray this full force on your skin or it will kill everyone around you. Spray it in the air and walk through it, or.. spray a tiny bit on your hands and sort of pull it through your hair. That is how I typically wear it and it's nice and soft and lasts all day long.

Very feminine but not cloying if applied correctly. And the price? So affordable. Proof that a good perfume need not be expensive.

I HATE the cheap bottle and cap but because it lasts all day, you won't need to cart it around so I guess it doesn't matter what it looks like, just don't let the cheap bottle fool you.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Unless you are "smell"-deaf do not under any circumstances spray directly onto your skin. This perfume is of the concentration that NEEDS to be sprayed and walked through. Perhaps two sprays and then walk through, but that is the absolute max!
When you do this you have this soft, background rose smell. Like rosebushes outside your window. Perfect and I will say it will be wonderful to layer with.
Very similar to Jo Malone Red Roses for a fraction of the price and due to the MUCH higher concentration, much better lasting.
I will layer with Velvet Rose Oud and various other lovelies in my collection!
And will use as room spray, such a tender, fresh little rose! Thanks fragrantica, this one was a lucky blind buy! Thumbs up.

VintagePro
VintagePro

In the absence of Crabtree & Evelyn's original Evelyn Rose, this is the best rose scent on the market.

I dare you to layer it with Jovan Musk. If you don't tell them what it is, even perfume snobs will want it!

LB152
LB152

The thing that I love about this fragrance is the same thing that I hate about this fragrance in that it is so EXACT! Tea Rose is an exact interpretation of rose! I wore this for a really long time…mimicking my mother's taste early in my fragrance journey…but as I learned more and my senses evolved, I think this is best used as a layering scent because it's just too easy to understand and I enjoy a bit of adventure and mystery when it comes to my fragrances. For the price (apprx. $9.99-$14.99 USD), silage (5ft), and longevity(6-8hrs)…this is an INCREDIBLE scent!

marcelaip
marcelaip

no es malo, pero es tan, pero tan fuerte que me marea

Sweet Sea Pea

Blind bought at Marshall's, 1oz for $9.99 based on reviews. I'm in love. The cheapish packaging doesn't even bother me, except maybe the tin foil cap. I kind of love the downmarket look of it, and the fact that this is the same since the 70s. The scent is divine, it's the rose I've been craving for years. I used to have a rose scented body lotion from Victoria's Secret, I think it was called Her Majesty's Rose or something like that. I love and have worn both Stella and Nanette Lepore as signatures at different times in my life, because of their beautiful roses, but this is above and beyond. It's that combination of the rich rose floral with the verity of the greenness...if you've ever smelled gorgeous full bloom roses on a warm summer day. How did they capture something so ethereal in a bottle, is the mystery. I really love reading the posts on this one, you've all shared so many little tidbits of knowledge about Tea Rose. This is the perfect combination of a truly vintage still available fragrance and a highly wearable, inoffensive scent. I don't find it heavy or musty or overwhelming in the least. For me it is moderate in longevity and sillage, but so very soft and gorgeous. I sprayed some in my hair yesterday after I had washed it, and caught a whiff of it this morning when I brushed my hair. It didn't last more than a few hours on my skin. I'm so grateful to Fragantica for this little gem, I feel that I will be wearing this one for years.

Cocoagogo
Cocoagogo

Tea Rose is the scent of my teenage years and the one I wore when I met my husband. It's certainly the one he most remembers and laments that I no longer wear. It seems to me that it has changed in the past 10 years, or perhaps I have. Whereas it was once bright and smooth, it now smells sharp and dusty to me. I wish I could recapture it as it smelled when I was 17....

Jerine123
Jerine123

If you love roses, this scent is absolutely PERFECT for you. The rose is so exact, it makes you wonder how they did it? It is just like going to a beautiful rose garden on a warm sunshine filled day and admiring and smelling the roses. It is that warm heady scent and it is a true rose without any chemical feel. If you live where the winters are cold and you need a whiff of true summer where you can almost see the butterflies and bees enjoying the roses, this one is for you.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is unreal! I picked up a large bottle from Marshall's for $4.99, USD, blind buy. I've been dying to get my hands on this for several years. It has quite the reputation in the world of fragrance. Inexpensive (not cheap!), potent, & lush. It delivers. If you want to smell like the ENTIRETY of the rose bush & area of the garden surrounding it, this may be for you. If you want to smell like rose petals alone, this may not be what you are searching for. This is earthy, green, red, pink, almost dank, and includes the smell of dirt, moss, crushed leaves, the petal scent itself, snapped branches, & I can even smell a rubbery sent at the beginning of the opening composition which reminds me of gardening hose. It is mind-boggling to me that they can create a scent like this at this price point. If you enjoy any of the following, you will most likely enjoy Tea Rose:

Demeter Rose
Rose Milk Lotion by Nyle
Rose Absolute By Yves Rocher
Roses Roses by Avon (Vintage)

This also smells better than a lot of the higher priced point rose perfumes I've tried. I have used this as a layering tool. Mixed with some of my vanilla based perfumes it creates a seamless signature type fragrance that would not soon be forgotten.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Surprised by how lovely this is! Forewarned by the lovely Fragranticans on this website, I didn't even bother trying to spray this on. Instead, I immediately decanted some into a dauber vial and applied it lightly. So feminine and fresh, and lightly sweet. Rose rose rose. I enjoy the scent of roses but other rose soliflores end up bordering on the grandmotherly. This isn't even necessarily my opinion, but what I've gotten from those around me. But Tea Rose has no soapiness, no powder, no heavy musks. None of those hot button notes that seem to create such divides. It''s just a pretty rose.
I see myself wearing this for a long time.

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

When i wore this, the rose was so overpowering that it made my throat burn. It is rose amplified and did not fade for hours. Pretty from a distance, but obnoxious on me. I gave it away and never looked back.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

4oz bottle, $7.00 at Marshalls. Can't beat that.

bchavi
bchavi

You see, that's the beauty of fragrance. It evokes such different memories from one person to the next. When I smell Tea Rose I'm immediately transported to Studio 54 in 1978 - passing through the velvet ropes and down the hallway toward the dance floor where the blare of Dan Hartman's "Instant Replay" made your heart race. There to the left are Andy, Bianca and Halston, to the right is Grace Jones, and in the air hangs the unmistakeable fume of what always reminded me of oxygen...and Tea Rose. That was Saturday night. Flash forward to Bloomingdales' cosmetics floor on Sunday afternoon where beau monde of blonde and tanned Italian aristocrats swathed in cloying Fendi furs trailed that familiar scent across the black and white parquet....

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I was able to try this as a gift from a very kind Fragrantician( thank you!!!!)
It smells just like the climbing roses my grandmothers and red roses my great gramma grew, like walking by the bushes and sticking your nose in one! Velvety, firm, living flowers. It stayed on all day 12+ hrs...I don't find it dusty at all it's very fresh bouquet -like. I layered it under a citrus-vanilla - rose scent and that was wonderful too! Lovely rose frag :)

chaiinthemorning
chaiinthemorning

I wore this daily in my late teens, early twenties. Loved the smell but it became a little sweet to me as I grew older. There are many other amazing reviews so I'll keep it short but if you like roses you should try this scent.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I can't even believe how exquisite this scent is. That this blind buy was acquired in TK Maxx for $10 is just absurd.
Tea Rose is literally a rose garden in a bottle. Delicate, green, dewy roses, all romance and tenderness - wearing it makes me feel like I'm Mary holding the key to the Secret Garden. There's something so innocent and sincere about it.
After an almost fairy tale opening of pink roses, a gentle bouquet hums in the background, only a passing hint of tuberose. As it wears the sweetness of amber softens the greenness.
As a rose lover I am enchanted, and as a person who normally fears white flowers I am reassured. Tea Rose I actually don't find to be a powerhouse scent, though sillage is very good and it lasts and lasts on the skin. I can fully understand the following this unobtrusive scent has acquired. Worth so much more than the price tag.

Tine1world
Tine1world

There are amazing and well written reviews on this fragrance here, and I read all of them.
Like many of you here. I purchased this to layer with another rose scented fragrance I possess. Namely Rumeur 2, which is reminiscent of wild rosehip's. Lanvin's other Rumeur.
Tea Rose is strong, inexpensive and lasts at least 12 hours plus on me, it also smells like I'm already dead, the coffin's been exhumed after 300 years and I have a sign with the exact date that the coffin was to be opened. There wafts this necrotising malodour. Rising like Vinny Price. 'Welcome to My Nightmare'.
It smells like my 30 to 40 year old books. It smells musty. It smells like a creep show episode, mouldy and riddled with spider webs. Dampness everywhere.
I love Roses, I used to grow several cultivars, each with a unique sweetness, that sadly I cannot detect in my bottle of Tea Rose.
Perhaps many of you are right? It's a walk through scent. A good room deodoriser. Or maybe my bottle, being a recent purchase needs to fester and develop? Needing time to cure so to say.
I so want to love Tea Rose too.

CozyCat
CozyCat

Smelling this fragrance on my skin is like being slapped in the face by a hundred dewy red roses. I love it! It is quite natural smelling and of excellent quality, but due to its potency, I find it cloying in the warmer months. In fall-winter however, this is my number-1 lounging around the house, after-bath scent. I definitely smell the sandalwood and even a slight 'mossy' green note when temps are cooler too, which makes it just so freaking cozy, calming and comforting...like a bedtime lullaby, or a warm enveloping embrace...fresh and vivid red roses with a warm, woody-sweet sandalwood and a touch of green. After a long cold day, I just want to get home, take a long hot bath, spray this stuff all over myself with reckless abandon before pulling on my warmest wool pajamas, and wrapping myself in my thickest blankets. Big love! A fall-winter must-have for me.

jht4060
jht4060

Essentially a rose soliflore, PW Tea Rose is a beautiful rendition of rose and an object lesson in the near lack of correlation between scent quality and price among perfumes. I, and nearly everyone else, find Tea Rose to be an amazingly accurate rendition of sticking your nose in a bouquet of fresh tea rose flowers. At this price, it clearly contains no natural rose absolute/concrete/attar/oil, making it a masterpiece of replication using some blend of synthetics. The bottle is basic but looks nice (at least until you pull the cap off - the cap is really flimsy and the spray top underneath looks like it should be dispensing bug spray). But hey, at a few dollars a gallon, what can you expect.

Here goes my expansion on price, quality, and pretension, so if you just wanted a review of Tea Rose, stop now! It is awesome.

There are a few natural extracts that so far defy perfect synthetic recreation (oak moss and oud are the ones I can think of just now), though no doubt these will fall to the beakers of Firmenich and Givaudan before long. Rose, jasmine, vanilla, sandalwood, and tonka are among the outrageously expensive natural extracts whose synthetic reconstitution has been mastered. Lots of perfumes centered on these reconstructions will veer off in one or another direction from their major note, but this is either intentional or inept because mimicking the pure note is clearly cheap and feasible. So what of the many expensive perfumes that use natural jasmine or rose (or whatever) and use this as part of their sales pitch? Well, I speculate that they are motivated by two things, one dishonest and the other snobby. The dishonest one is that they are feeding the widespread public perception that natural extracts smell better than synthetic ones. Guerlain-Chanel-Dior-Lalique-Rochas-YSL-Givenchy-etc and most niche perfumers know perfectly well that this is not true, indeed they beautifully replicate naturals left and right (although you can find the occasional niche perfumer who subscribes to the "natural is better" mantra, though I am never sure whether they are just filling a consumer demand or actually believe it). The snobby motivation is that the natural extracts are indeed much more expensive, justifying the high cost of the perfume and providing a reason for those willing and able to afford them reason to feel secure in their superiority. I would give my left pinky finger to know what fraction of the jasmine in Chanel No 5 (to pick an example) is jasmine absolute and what fraction is synthetic. We will never know unless the laws governing ingredient lists change. By the way if you want proof that one can replicate jasmine, try Molinard Jasmin, also at a few dollars per gallon. High quality natural jasmine and rose cost about 100x more than their synthetic counterparts (or much more for special forms).

As a side note, many natural extracts are inexpensive and presumably are used extensively in both expensive and inexpensive perfumes. Among these are all the citrus oils, lavender, star anise, black pepper, clary sage, geranium, labdanum, peru balsam, benzoin, vetiver, patchouli, and most conifer oils. They have the good fortune of deriving from plants that are easy to grow and produce large amounts of fragrant oil for their own purposes, which largely revolve around killing bacteria, fungi, and insects.

I have bought dozens of expensive major house and niche perfumes, but I like to think that I make such purchases only because there are so few great cheap perfumes (though I suspect there is some snob appeal there for me too). And finally that brings me back to PW Tea Rose - this is one of the great cheap perfumes. If you like rose and value your haute couture, buy Tea Rose and hide it behind your hand-stitched silk panties. Nobody will know when you wear it.

And there you have it - the cynic deconstructs again.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

I got this fragrance as a gift when I was 16 years old and I remember the first time I tried it. Not knowing then what to expect I gave it 3 sprays. Er.. That was 2 sprays too many! (Oy!) >_<

Take 2...sprayed only one time on my wrist and distributed it to my other wrist and my neck. Meh.. It was better, but still way too strong.

Take 3...sprayed in the air and walked through it. Much better than the previous two times, but still a little suffocating! What to do about wearing this fragrance without clearing a room? O_o

Last try! Beings that I love rose scents, I had to try everything I could to wear it. So, I sprayed some on a cotton ball and then dabbed it on my skin. That was the secret to it for me and it worked beautifully! It needed to be dabbed, not sprayed for it to wear nicely on my skin. Try this method if all the others failed.

Like all the other reviewers said, this is straight up rose but I do remember some woodiness from the base. Otherwise, this fragrance doesn't evolve very much!

I recently saw a 4 oz bottle online for $10 and swiped it up. It would be fun to see how it wears on me now and even layering it with other fragrances to give them a boost from time to time. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Fabien77
Fabien77

Yesterday I received it from post. Incredible how naturalistic it is: the rose itself and nothing more. Wonderful to layer with others. Suggestions:
TR + Un jardin après la mousson = rose épicée, poetry, divine!
TR + Aramis 900 = androgynous atemporal animalistic rose
TR + Acqua di Gio essenza = dirty male marine rose
TR + Voleur des roses = gothic rose
Have you got more suggestions? =)

PadmeSantal
PadmeSantal

this for me is a true chameleon...yes, you could well end up smelling like someone's grandma. that quality is actually what first led me to spray it on...it was a gray harsh day for me and there was that grandmotherly, embracing aspect that lifted my spirits a bit when i wore it.ahh,BUT... its true i dont catch a lot of the other notes that are mentioned,altho i figure the soft woodiness of sandalwood probably serves to tone down what could be a shrill, one dimensional, all phenol type rose...but whatever,i think the basic simplicity of it is what makes it layer so beautifully. i had dabbed this behind my ears once, forgot all about it, and then basically doused myself with biagotti's Venezia later in the day. i know, some of you out there are gagging. anyhow, after said dousing i went strolling throught the mall on my break, and i was repeatedly stopped by mainly men asking what i was wearing, two of them literally following me back to the perfume shop where i worked to purchase the two for their wives.NO JOKE. Now ive had compliments before when i wore straight Venezia but nothing like this. i decided the next day to deliberately try to recreate the magic.and the magic abounded. in the years since,ive learned that altho i very rarely get compliments wearing tea rose on its own, when i pair it with any sandalwood or fruit heavy oriental...heads DO turn and smiles DO abound....

Carnation
Carnation

This is basically a rose soliflore. It has monstrous projection and longevity. I really don't pick up many notes listed in the description. However, I do pick up a slight urine accord after about 10 minutes . It doesn't hang around for long. The dry down is a soft rose and just the slightest pinch of woods.
I can't stress enough what a powerful rose perfume this is. Very dominant in that aspect. All in all,a comforting scent for rose enthusiasts.

craftymom
craftymom

This has been a comfort scent for me this week. I've been wearing it nonstop since I bought it three days ago. It smells like a beautiful bouquet of roses. It is strong when first sprayed but after about an hour, the dry down is a very clean, soft rose soap smell. This is one of my new favorites.

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

I love wearing Tea Rose first thing in the morning as I'm reading the paper and drinking coffee. Fresh and inviting, but not too strong and 'perfumey' before my nose has had a chance to fully wake up. Tea Rose is an inexpensive gem layers well with other perfumes, especially Hermes Sur le Nil. Together, they are wonderful!

kerpathy
kerpathy

This is like being punched in the face with an entire bouquet of roses if you're not careful! I'm a fan of roses, but when I gave this its first test run I had to go wash it off because the scent was so intense.

I finally settled on spraying the perfume away from me and walking into the mist -- not half as heavy without losing the rose scent. Works for me, and now I'm quite fond of it!

It's absolutely a true rose, basically a one-note fragrance on me. I don't smell any of the other ingredients because the rose is so strong, but it is a pure rose as many other reviewers have commented, and if you're looking for a very lush, almost decadent floral scent, this is it. On me it melds surprisingly nicely when I use my sandalwood soap, so I may investigate getting a sandalwood perfume oil to layer with this and give it some depth.

Overall, HUGE scent bang for your buck. Use carefully to avoid smelling like office grandma, but it is a wonderful true rose.

JFrags
JFrags

mother wore this one. I just remember it being acrid, acidic and overbearing... perhaps because she wore it in excess?

definitely not a choice for me.

MsAmazing

I've loved this perfume since its launch in the 70's and paid dearly for it at Neiman Marcus. At that time other pure florals were available from Perfumer's Workshop; I can aonly recall freesia now. It is an American company that is going for the American classic The Comeback. I recently purchased a bottle of Pink Tea Rose. So very similar to the original but not quite as much in your face--I got it at Amazon.

memento___mori
memento___mori

This perfume is absolutely adorable. When I wear it, I feel a little bit perverse, even... because it does smell like lush, dewy roses in their prime and it is kind of too much. Like, one shouldn't be allowed to smell this good. I feel like an Egyptian queen covered in a cascade of roses when I wear this.

Dont be fooled by the very affordable price and the generic flacon. Tea Rose is good enough to be worn, lets say, by a bride in her wedding day. There is just something absolutely regal and pure about it.

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

Tes Rose is one of my essential fragrances. It really smells like a lush, living garden of roses. The touch of bergamot adds a suggestion of Earl Grey tea to the composition and makes it more interesting.
I love to spray Tea Rose on my pillow and sheets, it helps me to sleep well, imaging I'm in that beautiful garden.
I love to wear it too, it's so feminine and elegant. It is similar to Jo Malone's Red Roses, but it beats Red Roses in longevity and sillage by a long margin. A little goes a long way.
And it can be bought for $10! Simply delightful.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I bought some today and TJ Max after reading the reviews here. I was praying to find something that would help me put Van Cleef's Rose Velours 185.00 perfume out of my mind. I love expensive perfume. I just couldn't think how I could spring the 185.so quickly. Any how, I have tried a number of rose perfumes, Jo Malones Red Roses, purchased, enjoyed, and People of the Labyrinths, enjoyed, but thought the rose seemed a bit old...I have to say, I was very surprised this is as nice as it is! I stays like a true rose. I am going to try layering it with some other light scents and see what I can create. If you can't afford the uber expensive and hate the old smelling type roses, this is a nice rose. A true rose. It smells youthfull too. I read how some people stated above the scent changed on them. This has not happened to me. But I do know that in any perfume case that if you eat certain things or just worked out, or swim, and do not apply a lets say light oil barrier, such as unscented jojoba...These other components in your body can change a scent.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

Tea rose is not for me. I just can't quite pull it off. It's simply too much for me and it always smelled a little synthetic and irritating on my skin. It smells wonderful on other people IMO.

Yesterday I wore Jo Malone's Red Roses.

Today I have new love for Tea Rose.

Red Roses develops (on my skin and on paper) into one of the worst perfumes I've ever tested. My son and I both smell barnyard in the dry down. After reading reviews I noticed a few mentioned "urine". To be more specific, I smell horse urine in Red Roses. It should have a warning label.

My well intended advice- if you're choosing between Red Roses and Tea Rose, choose the one you like best. Tea Rose remains clean and true. If I pass you on the street and you are wearing Tea Rose I will think you smell beautiful, and I will smile.

If you are wearing Red Roses I will assume you didn't have time to shower after mucking out the barn.

artsyrn
artsyrn

I agree with Aeris's comment that this is the "holy grail" of rose scents... I wore this as pretty much my signature frag a good part of the 80's. This is strong,lasting,comforting,beguiling and lush, true to life roses. My mom used to lament it smelled "funereal" in her opinion, but I adored how feminine and highly scented it made me feel. Go big or go home, for this is not a diminutive scent! I get this at TJ Maxx for a song and love to use it as room spray these days, more than wearing it. It is no less fabulous.

sygrid29
sygrid29

why does old perfumes are way better than current sugary sweet stuffs that bombarded department stores nowadays. this is what im looking for a perfume, cheap but have a strong sillage which is a miracle on today's perfumery. im glad i've discovered this one.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

All the reviews that state that this perfume is a true rose fragrance are right. Fresh cut, strong, real rose. Unfortunately for me, after only a few minutes I get this strange undertone that I can only describe as chlorine. Like I jumped in a pool and was given a bouquet of freshly cut roses to hold upon emerging. Maybe it's just me...

For the price, if you are a rose lover you absolutely could not go wrong with this one. It is as real as it gets. Unfortunately for me it doesn't quite work. Could very well be due to my chemistry and taste, so don't let my review discourage you from trying it :)

Liebetx
Liebetx

Already had this saved in my Amazon cart when I found 3 bottles at a discount retailer this week. I am definitely a rose gal so I was certain I would love Tea Rose.

Divine! Rose, rose, ROSE. Soft, dewy fresh cut-rose. Like taking a walk through the Biltmore rose garden.

I layered this with some of my other rose note perfumes and it absolutely transformed them. Huge sillage and lasts so one spray is enough. I gleefully sprayed my sheets, towels, and drapes.

dhya
dhya

Myself and my mom have it. We are a rose lover. And this really a pure rose fragrant.

Only rose, That's it.

Simple and feminine frag.

It has very BIG silage,I could smell the presence of my mother who was in the kitchen from the living room, and it is last forever with just one spritz.

It will feel overpowering at the beginning, but after a while becomes softer and more enjoyable.

weijia.li.33
weijia.li.33

Darn it! I should have bought this. It's only 4.99 in my local Marshall's

larali
larali

A perfect, authentic rose with excellent sillage and longevity. One spray will be enough. It is a robust formula.

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

This one's a stunner. EDT and more sillage and character than many of today's EDPs. It is a pure, lush, beautiful rose in full bloom. I am totally in love. I bought my bottle for $4.99 this afternoon and I find that I already like it better than the priciest of my Chanels and Guerlains. HIGHLY recommended.

MUST8936
MUST8936

I used it as a man over 30 eight years ago in autumn.
Woody tones are dominant so I think it can be unisex.

aliora
aliora

This smells exactly like a fresh bouquet of real roses, as in, whenever I wear it, people look around for roses and I have to tell them that it's actually my perfume!

It's a straight up soliflore that is rose rose, and more rose. But what I love about it is that this isn't your weak watery rose a la the new Chloe, this is an unapologetic rose that lasts for hours and has a crazy sillage. It's also dirt cheap and very few people I know use it these days. The trick to wearing this is to only stick with one spray. If you like straight up rose, this is it.

Sharyl
Sharyl

I was curious about this one because it got such high marks in the Turin/Sanchez guide. "Four stars for this?" I thought, "Surely it must be some kind of skankified rose."

It's not. It's rose, through and through. It's lovely, but there is nothing particularly interesting about smelling like a rose.

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

I just received my first bottle of this fragrance on the post today.

On first spray I try to find the best word(s) to describe this fragrance:

Ethereal.

Elegant.

I hope I haven’t gone over the top with these word descriptions especially with the first one but I honestly feel quite ‘light’ after the first spray. One reviewer mentioned it is the ‘Holy Grail’ of all rose fragrances and perhaps maybe that is why I find this fragrance ‘Ethereal and Elegant’. I honestly feel that there were roses blooming around me.....its a miracle....AAAALLLEEHUIAAAAA.

For a very long time I was looking for the perfect rose fragrance. But some of us just don’t want to buy bottle after bottle of perfumes and only get disappointed. I don’t have a lot of fragrances instead I have I have a few essential bottles that I love and that I do wear simply because ‘these fragrances speak of me.’ I wanted to get hold of my first rose fragrance and after reading reviews about ‘Tea Rose’ I decided to purchase it hoping that I wont get disappointed.

It is LOVE at first spray....to the extent that I know I will be keeping this lovely creation in my collection for good. Indeed this fragrance is a miracle. You’ve read it and so have I, “It captures the essence of blooming roses”. Im not so bothered about its exterior in fact it is a blessing because only real fragrance enthusiasts will ever know the secret behind the gaudy bottle. So shall we say this is indeed like the “Holy Grail” only known by a few and a secret kept by the few.

I also think that fragrances that are uncomplicated and simple define Elegance. Less is MORE. Like this concoction. Roses from start to finish.

Indeed, with exaggeration set aside I believe that “Tea Rose” would have to be THE ROSE FRAGRANCE kept a secret by a few.

Merci xox

JaxTheMinx
JaxTheMinx

Some years ago I was looking for a floral fragrance for my grandmother. She loves flowers and floral scents. I found a 100ml bottle for a song. I found it too strong, but she loved it and everyone complimented her on her perfume whenever she applied it. Every year since all she wants is a replacement bottle. Sadly it's become hard to source in South Africa, but I managed to get a bottle from the USA just in time for her 85th birthday. It gives some of our family members hay-fever. :-) It reminds me of Turkish Delight sweets.

This is certainly a winner for someone who wants a VERY rosy fragrance.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I love the smell of roses and I have always been looking for THE PERFECT rose scent. Got this yesterday in the big bottle, well... This one smells definitely of roses, roses and roses to my nose. Alas, that is the only scent I can smell...LOL! I love it really.. however, well, there is a small drawback, the scent lasted for about 3 hours on me (????) come on! Maybe I didn't spritz enough? but hey, I could give it another chance.. maybe then I would be able to judge if this is THE perfect rose perfume for me or not.But this one is definitely a keeper!

lannyM
lannyM

got this today. reminds me Hazeline snow. I like the smell. fragrant and long lasting on my skin

jlee
jlee

Okay, first I have to confess to being a beauty pageant girl in my younger days and as such, I have always loved a big ol bouquet of red roses. This smells exactly like you are carrying an armful of old fashioned red roses (not the new hybrid roses that don't smell as strong). It isn't overpowering and doesn't fill up the room. I don't smell any other notes except the clean red rose. It is clean and fresh enough for younger girls, along with being a good price to start a young girl with. I've had it on for approx 2hrs now and am having to bury my nose in my wrists to get a good whiff. So, I love it but I wish it lasted longer. Makes me want to throw on a tiara and give em the pageant wave.

westernlady
westernlady

After reading many rave reviews from board members, I made a blind buy of Tea Rose. I've always been a fan of loud florals and scents that may be classified as "old school."

The bottle itself is absolutely ugly. I did like the sturdiness of the glass, but the label is boring. The cap itself is metallic but flimsy.

Upon first spray, the scent is exactly like sticking your face in a bouquet of fresh-cut roses. In combination with the roses, a bright, fresh orange citrus smell takes hold. Underneath that is a tinge of something green and fresh.

Usually, my favorite part of perfumes is watching them develop into something else. With this perfume, you desperately want the rose smell to stay, and it does! I found that Tea Rose has exquisite lasting power, and it's a favorite for it's authentic rose scent.

The perfume belies its humble bottle and price point. Definitely a must buy if you love roses!

anosmia
anosmia

A beautiful bouquet of freshly cut roses!!!
And oh, how long it lasts.
I wasnt expecting much from such a cheap looking and cheap feeling bottle, especially considering the price.
But what an amazing, amazing perfume !!!

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

Had a bottle of this years ago. I used it all and forgot about it. Bought a bottle a few months ago because it is a real bargain and to me it does smell like real roses. This morning I put Jo Malone's Red Roses on one wrist and Tea Rose on the other. After a few seconds I could not tell a difference between the two. Fifteen minutes later the Jo Malone was gone and the Tea Rose is still there.

Really like this scent. It is a true classic. To me this is the best of all the rose scents.

ailishlu
ailishlu

This is quite a fragrance! On first application this blew me away. A strong blast of dry tea leaves, very bitter with some sharpness attached to them. Not initially very pleasant...but wait until the drydown. This is absolutely beautiful. It does take a while to get there, but it`s really worth the wait. I have to admit that I applied this after wearing YR Rose Fraiche for the day and to be honest I may have had some of this perfume left. Perhaps the light sweetness in the Rose Fraiche softened the dryness up a bit, but it does indeed smell like a true fresh rose with the matching bitterness of the green stem. I will update when I try this fragrance alone, but one Thing I will admit: The layering of These two perfumes are definitely worth it.

Lisdiana
Lisdiana

I just got this perfume now. Just Rp 125.000 or $12 for 120ml. Wow pure roses. I will try to use it after a bath.I hope happy with this fragrance tonight.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Wow. Just wow.

I'm a huge rose fanatic, and my go-to is Balenciaga's Florabotanica...but it just seems to fall short in terms of capturing the classic, inviting, sweet smell of fresh-cut roses. Don't get me wrong, Florabotanica is magnificent...but it has some other stuff going on that holds it back from being the ultimate rose scent in my eyes.

I got a 4oz bottle of this on ebay for $9, with free shipping...so I figured it was a good enough gamble.

The packaging is the definition of cheap. The god-awful sprayer is SO grossly old-fashioned and cheap....this beautiful fragrance DEFINITELY deserves a make-over, because this is liquid gold inside, once you get past the ugly, dime-store sweatshop packaging.

I spray this on: INTENSE, TRUE, REALISTIC, DEWY rose. Like a bouquet, or like this tiny vial of Indian Rose oil that I have that is essentially a nuclear bomb in a bottle...as it is, I'm not able to use it too much, for risk of fumigating a room with a bomb of rose.

But thanks to THIS fragrance, I can now wear that same delicious Indian Rose smell with me wherever I go, without killing people!

It's very classic, and smells like one of the vintage masterpieces. It has a fresh, green, dewy quality to it, but there's also a sort of classic, dusty accord that I absolutely adore. It's VERY comforting. It makes me think of the old country rose-styled china, with dark red roses and forest green swirling vines.

Nothing comes close to the true-to-life roseness that this fragrance provides. I've never smelled a fragrance quite like this. It's like a Demeter fragrance in terms of being realistic, but with the strength, sillage, and longevity of Thierry Mugler.

BUY THIS FRAGRANCE.

Collector

I have looked for years for a good rose perfume that lasts. For me Tea Rose fits the bill. I read that it smells like cat pee on some people and I've had that experience with other perfumes, but this stays on for hours and smells like a beautiful bouquet of roses. I usually wear it on weekends at home and spritz in my lingerie drawer. Even if it was more expensive I would continue buying it. I always have it on my dresser.

katoy4
katoy4

Delicious! My mother grew roses in our garden and the pink tea roses were always my favorite to run out and sniff. This smells EXACTLY like my memory of the fresh flowers and their green leaves, still on the bush in the warm sunlight. Like some of the other reviewers I don't notice any of the other notes, but that's just fine. It's perfect for what it is.

MLK
MLK

I was waiting in the checkout line at the Chemist when I was looking around and happened to spot a bottle of this perfume (only one left). I decided to purchase it as it was only $15 (how can you go wrong?) and I have come across it in reviews here at Fragrantica so I thought I'd give it a try. It is really nice!!!! A very simple rose perfume and it is quite long lasting. Excellent value for the price and its longevity. My first blind buy!

naturesbeauty1
naturesbeauty1

THE HOLY GRAIL OF ROSE PERFUME IMO.
Best most realistic rose I ever smelled, Love Love Love it

Angelinapink
Angelinapink

I have just purchased this fragrance, in response to recommendations on this forum as I have been searching for a realistic rose scent for a long time. I love this, it is really fresh and a beautiful authentic rosé fragrance. Jo Malone Red roses is one of my favourites, but this beats it hands down on price. I am very happy with my purchase. Yes, it isn't long lasting but at this price I can afford to reapply more often.

rochie
rochie

This is quite sharp initially, which can sometimes make me sneeze once or twice, due to the citrus i think. But it does soften quickly. I wouldn't say it's balmy - more clean and cool. It is not a creamy or musky rose. It is a fresh, firm rose. I would say it is green smelling too. Very life-like.

I think i would enjoy this more in warmer weather. Say spring or fall. (it is winter here at the moment). I find it refreshing and invigorating. Good as a pick- me up. Especially in the mornings, when you want to feel bright and breezy..........and clean.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Received this in a swap with a generous fragrantican (thanks!!). This is the most realistic rose I have ever smelled. Fresh picked blooming flowers instead of cheap pickled rose water. The other notes might as well not be listed since all I smell is beautiful roses. Soft but with great sillage. Fantastic price. The packaging really doesn't do it justice. This should be a wonderful, delicate light pink instead of this icky pickle juice colour! I have a 4oz bottle but if I ever use it up I will buy it again and again. I may also use this on my linens and in my bath water for a treat! All rose fans should have this in their wardrobes. It smells so much more expensive than it is. I will say that ONE SPRAY is all you need. Don't spray it directly on yourself. Spray it in front of you and walk through the mist for the best results. It reminds me of a Crabtree & Evelyn rose candle I used to have.

harpist
harpist

I think with so many reviews already I don't have to rave about how affordable this is for such a realistic rose!
My mom loves Jo Malone's Red Roses but was hesitant to dish out the money for it. I saw this 4 oz bottle at TJ Maxx for $10 and thought there was nothing to lose in trying. Her authentic rose fragrance need is finally sated!

After testing so many rose perfumes, I can confidently say this smells like a realistic bouquet of freshly cut tea roses! There is a waft of a rose's beauty as well as a green-like scent of its stems. Some note (tuberose combined with bergamot perhaps) seems to give this a very slight plastic room spray scent, but it's negligible to me because the roses are so aromatic. I get a tiny woodsy base from the sandalwood but it is barely there. This is mostly fresh rose, rose, and did I mention, lovely tea rose? Moderate silage and great 5-6+ hours longevity.

The bergamot is strong in its initial spray, but I find this a less sharp and citric/balmy sister to Red Roses. I would actually prefer this more. Great scent for the price. My only caution is not to overspray and be careful with certain fabrics because this formula DOES stain yellow!!

Aeris
Aeris

This is hands down THE best rose perfume out there. As many other people, I looked over it for years due to the cheap looking packaging and unappealing yellow color that resembled pee rather than the beautiful rose pink color that would've suited it better.
When I finally tried it, I knew right then and there this is the Holy Grail of rose perfumes.
You can get this at TJMaxx for only $5 for 4 ounces!!! The fact that so many celebrities who have all the money in the world wear this says a lot about its quality.
If this were to be secretly re-released under a new (mystical sounding) name with a high quality fairy tale-ish bottle, pretty pink color perfume, and pretty ads, I guarantee you this would become insanely popular and win many awards. I'm truly convinced of that.
This is seriously the most understated product I've ever seen. Perfumers Workshop needs a new marketing team!
Btw, just one spritz is enough (and this is coming from someone who likes to spray at least six times with any other perfume). I didn't know how strong this was my first time wearing it and walked around smelling like I just took a swim in a swimming pool full of rose water after only 3 sprays.

ptara
ptara

Roses and green leaves too. I like it a lot. It's lively and vivacious. It's aromatic and not powdery. That's what I like.

Ambience
Ambience

This is just amazing! I bought it solely because of the reviews on here, and I was after a classic plain rose scent. $15 later, and it smells absolutely amazing! Plain roses, freshly cut! And the sillage is fantastic and it lasts a whole day on my skin :)

Nice, straight forward tea rose, almost true to life, so not sure where the other notes went. It smells pretty much like a moist, lovely tea rose blossom straight off the bush

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

The classic drugstore rose perfume and possibly one of the most affordable ones. This smells of rose oil and the exact scent dried rose petals acquire. It starts off fresh, crisp, sparkly and green then mellows down into a honeyed amber.

It's an extremely realistic soliflore with the ability to diffuse around you yet wears on skin as softly as velvet. An extremely old classic rose that should be in every rose lover's collection. I'm hesitant to prescribe a colour to this rose because it changes with wear and weather. Amazing scent.

nightcat23
nightcat23

I really wanted to like this because I've really gotten in Rose scents lately but it just didn't work with my skin chemistry. The rose is definitely there and it's a green fresh cut rose. But the Bergamot was just too sharp and abrasive for me. It made it smell too strong and raw. I like my rose a little softer and a dash of floral sweetness.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Until a couple of days ago, I had always steered clear of this one for a few reasons. Mainly because of the cheap price ($10-15 for 120ml bottle), but also because the bottle looks cheap and tacky and the perfume itself looks like dish detergent.

Anyway, I've been on the hunt for that 'perfect' rose scent for a while now. I've also spent a lot of money and time over the years trying to find it. I was actually going to settle for either Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari or Rose by Paul Smith, even though neither one of them fit the smell I was looking for perfectly. I figured that's as close as I was going to get as the essential oils and Body Shop rose perfumes I'd tried just didn't measure up to my expectations.

For some reason, I decided to try this particular fragrance the other day and WOW. WOW. WOW. This was absolutely NOT what I expected. I honestly thought from it's cheap, ugly packaging and dirt cheap price that it would be worse than any celebrity or bargain basement perfume I'd ever stung my nostrils with....I was wrong.

This is, hands down, *THE* Rose fragrance. If you're like me and you are looking for a true, pure, fresh, non-complicated rose scent...save your money and go and purchase this. It is nothing but roses :) which is what I've personally been looking for for a very long time. Big, blooming, freshly cut, wet, BEAUTIFUL roses - and it's longevity is amazing!! Seems to last and last and last.

I've also found this to be a fantastic perfume for layering. I've found using this and True Love by Elizabeth Arden together to be an adorably feminine, original and lovely floral combination. So if you have both these perfumes but don't like them on their own, try them together!

I will ALWAYS have a bottle of this :)

UPDATE 30/6/13 - I have also discovered this is an absolutely magnificent room and linen spray. After I clean my house, I spritz this in every room and it smells amazing even days later. I've had several visitors enviously ask me "where's that bunch of roses???" followed by compliments. This isn't only the perfect rose perfume, it's the perfect room and linen spray too!

happyorange2009
happyorange2009

It's cheap but good! It smells great! When I wear the one, it always makes my mouth watery! If the color of the liquid can be changed, it may be better! Every time when i wear this, i would worry about my white clothes~!

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

I FINALLY found this in Singapore at some obscure perfume store.
A 2 oz bottle cost $9.90 (~USD 8). 4oz bottle costs S$14.50 (USD~11.60). The stock flies off the shelves apparently. I had time to grab 2 2oz and 1 4oz bottles before they were sold out. This is likely a pre 2003 formula as allergens are not listed.

----Editing the whole review because for some reason, this started smelling exceptional on my skin-----

Tea Rose opens up like sweet, giant pink roses. It is a rose that is alive, in full bloom, and is ready to flaunt about it. Somewhere down the drydown, the (probably) synthetic tuberose note appears to give a bitter, rubbery edge to it like a freshly cut rose stalk. It is nothing too synthetic though, unlike many trashy fragrances on the market today.

Initially, this fragrance turned a little sour on me and I feared it would descend into "cat pee" territory(this really depends on your skin chemistry!). It also had a dusty smell like an old rose. I gave this a few more tries and suddenly tea rose just started smelling so fantastic to me. The dying rose suddenly sprang to life and I'm being sent to rose heaven everytime I put this on. Its cheap price means I can run around spraying this everywhere too.

This wasn't a rose-zilla I thought it'd be. Sure, its sillage is similar to perfumes like Armani's Acqua di Gioia and Versace Eros but you should be safe with 1-2 spritz. I actually spritzed 3-4 times as it doesn't last if I started sweating profusely in this hot and humid country.

Longevity: on bad days 3-4 hours. On good days, an easy 8-9hours.

Verdict: Fantastic realistic smelling rose. Exceptional for its price range! However, if you don't even like rose to begin with, you probably won't like it.

P.S: The colour is yellow because Tea Rose is attempting to imitate the colour of real rose oil (which it obviously isn't, since rose oil is exorbitant).

dany06
dany06

OMG this smells like a real flower. Its just what I was looking for. Its not powdery or stale. I dont think old lady when I smell this. My mom would though (she's 53) because I guess during her time older people wore more natural smells. It just smells real to me. I dont know the difference nuances of roses that give them their particular scent, so I cant say it smells just like a tea rose. But I can say it smells like a rose. A real rose that has been recently cut. I like it. Its fresh like the scent of rose water. Im kinda sad that I havent tried this before and I see it at tjmaxx all of the time and its so affordable.

HeidiLynn

I decanted some of this to send as a sample, and my husband told me "you smell like wet toilet paper". Guess this needs to go into the swap pile....

I do wish hygiene product manufacturers would stop stealing scents; although, this is a pretty realistic soliflora so maybe it's to be expected.

shubha.juyal
shubha.juyal

Strong, on your face Rose...
For a good 3 hrs its a thick smell of rose...after 3 hrs...its starts getting fresher... i get something citrus-esq ...The citrus smell lasts for barely 30 mins...and then you get another round of flowery smell, which according to this site is tuberose and lily...
The dry down is amazing and also the best part of this fragrance....its slightly musky...I do get something woody...Its very nice.
Those who are not very fond of rose...SKIP THIS!!
Those who say its like an air freshener ... sure...air fresheners are mostly made to smell like rose or lime/lemon...'

The most amazing thing about this very inexpensive fragrance is its sillage and longevity. Bare in mind its an EDT(3-5% concentration) and not EDP(8-12%concentration)....and still it manages to outlive most of high end fragrances....

So if you love rose ...forget Bvlgari Rose Essentielle or D&G's The One Rose etc etc....
This one lasts longer and has more sillage...

PLEASE REMEMBER - LESS IS MORE.... atleast in the case of Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose...!! xoxo

Ayl
Ayl

اندر عجایب ایران زمین ! من واقعاً نمی فهمم چرا تو ایران مردا از این عطر استفاده میکنن و جالب تر اینکه کلی هم تعریف و تمجید از این بوی مزخرف شنیدم . هی داد بیداد

Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop, is possibly the most underrated fragrance on the market today. It can found so cheap that many consumers have come to believe that it is not a scent worth sniffing. That is a shame indeed.

Fans of Jo Malone's Red Roses may be completely unaware of its identical twin, Tea Rose. One fragrance costs $170 AUD per 100ml, another costs $14.95 AUD per 125ml. Price wise, you can only guess which one is more appealing.

One spritz of Tea Rose is enough to cloud you in its scent. The projection is quite strong, however despite its heaviness, it's a very beautiful fragrance. It smells of roses of course. Rich, concentrated and luscious red ones.

Tea Rose has a slight hint of greeness, mostly brought about by the bergamot accord. It's fresh but also classy. If you're a lover of roses, you probably already have Tea Rose in your collection, so I need not go on about how this is a rose lover's dream.

I have read on many perfume forums that Nicole Kidman is a fan of Tea Rose. I can somewhat picture her wearing it. She may have all the money in the world, but if she keeps re-purchasing this particular fragrance, then that's definitely saying something.

Tea Rose has an extra plus of excellent longevity. It's almost like you can't go wrong with Tea Rose. I highly recommend.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

A true rose, green, wet, and fresh from the garden! I picked up a 4oz bottle for $10 and for the price this simple little frag is an absolute GEM. Great for home-wear or for casual, for tea, or afternoons on the patio.

Thomasania
Thomasania

This is a true rosé scent. I picked up for $5 at TJMaxx as a blond buy. It is beautiful and if you love the scent of roses this is perfect for you. However, I'm not the biggest rose fan so I sprayed vanila fields over it and well then it became more like what I would wear. My philosophy is to never give up on a scent, chances are layering it with something else will make it more wearable.

firenginered
firenginered

I absolutely love this scent! It is very strong and long lasting, but soft and precious. Reminds me of being a little girl. Pure sweet rose, not much else.

kafleenthedonkey
kafleenthedonkey

This is the longest lasting scent I've ever had. It gets in my nightclothes and stays til I wash them. However, I only like the top fresh note. After a bit it changes smell and I don't care for it anymore.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Terrible, ok as a bathroom spray.

parveenleo7
parveenleo7

This is a strong scent with excellent longevity, and I can't think of anything better on a budget. It's worth noting that Nicole Kidman wore this on the red carpet. If it's good enough for her, it's good enough for anybody.

gabri
gabri

It smells very " rosey " and it's now part of my collection. I only wish the liquid in the bottle wasn't yellow..I'm not a fan of yellow , they could have made it " pink" :o)

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I worked for a florist for a year when I was younger. This smells like the Valentine's Day rush, when the whole shop was crammed full of people buying dozens upon dozens of red roses. It's a monster, though. Gave me a headache after half an hour just from the intensity. If it weren't so strong, I'd have found my alternative to the Fleur de The Rose Bulgare that costs a fortune and fades right off my skin.

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

This is ALL rose and very strong! I do not smell any other notes but a big rose bouquet. It has a large presence and the lasting power is just as strong days after. I had to wash my robe as I wanted to smell a different scent on me but Tea Rose overpowers any other perfume. This is a light spritz in the air and walk through type of wear. I may never wear it again but it was only $10 so I will keep this classic in my collection.... However, it may end up as a room spray (reminds me of one too) because its just so strong on me... Doesn't dry down to a lull of softness, its the super power of rose fragrances.

katkoll

A Warning: on some people this scent turns from a fresh very distinct rose to cat pee.

I am so sad because all the fragrances I have sniffed with rose notes, the rose is not predominiant. In this one it is very one dimentionally rose, unitl it turns to ammonia. I would highly suggest a sample before purchasing. I had to order it online, thank goodness it was super cheap!

stacia79
stacia79

This is the strongest and longest lasting rose perfume I have ever encountered! The bottle is ugly and the juice is a yellow-chartreuse, toxic waste color. The sillage on this is enormous. I used one small squirt at 7 a.m. and when I saw my boss at 5 p.m. she commented "Something smells like pretty roses." So, yeah...that's some strong perfume. This would also make a good linen spray or make stationary smell nice.

Tovah
Tovah

This makes me imagine a gigantic bright, pink, talking rose. Yes, talking. It says, "Feed me Seymour."

I've worn many many rose perfumes, and Tea Rose still smells the most "real" to me of them all. .As an avid rose gardener I feel confident in saying this smells incredibly like massive bouquets of Double Delight and Tiffany hybrid tea roses. Modern "tea rose" is a breed of rose, originally from China. Hybrid Tea Roses were introduced to the world in 1867. They were bred initially by crossing "old garden roses" with "hybrid perpetuals." There are literally thousands of breeds of hybrid teas, but their scent is quite distinctive in comparison to that of old gargen roses: damask roses, moss roses, cabbage roses, bourbon roses, etc. The oldest tea roses, much older than modern Hybrid Tea Roses, are said to have smelled like tea leaves (camellia sinensis).

Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose perfume is heavy, and heady, and so realistic it makes you feel like a living rose. This fragrance was extremely popular when I was a young girl, but my most vivid memory of someone radiating Tea Rose was my ballet mistress. The scent would fill the whole studio as background to, "Changement, changement, entrechat, changement..."

HeidiLynn

The version I have is a bright golden-green liquid, very strong when initially applied (one spritz), but with only moderate longevity (about 3 hours until it faded nearly completely).

It is a stright forward rose scent--strong, sweet but well balanced with some bright citrus-green notes. It did not evolve at all on my skin. It does remind me of the roses I have in my garden. For the record, don't expect a tea-note; I'm fairly certain this is referring exclusively to the varietal of 'tea rose', a style of rose plant (tall and leggy, vs a shrub or climbing rose). Tea roses are very common, as gardeners like their shape and they have been extensively bred to produce a huge variety of colors and styles of roses. Interestingly, the characteristics of disease resistance and strong scent do not often appear together--making a strong, fragrant tea rose a rare thing.

I wore Tea Rose on a jeans-and-tshirt kind of day, a chilly morning in winter, a grocery shopping day; and I think that was a mistake. I think this is a warm spring or summer perfume, with a sundress that blows in the breeze and a picnic basket or butterfly net.

I also felt that this was a perfume that was begging to be mixed with another scent--something I never do! I have a tiny vial of "American Beauty" (by DSH), which to me is a very "just dug in the garden, I smell like earth, sweat and green rose leaves" kind of fragrance. Tea Rose and American Beauty could be perfect together.

Overall, a fun, true rose that is very feminine and fresh.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

Not exactly long lasting.
This is more of a pick me up spray.
Really beautiful though. It smells as if you are living in a fresh rose flower shop. I have not smelled any other rose fragrance that really tops this.

calyx93
calyx93

Intense, dewy, hologram rose - just be extremely careful in your application of it. Another one of the "mist and walk through" perfumes. You'll smell like roses all day, and so will your dressing room :)

I'm convinced there must be two versions of this - one is bright, highlighter yellow in color and has the strength of the sun. It has to be used in small quantities or it will literally kill people within a two meter radius.

The other, I've seen in certain shoppes, is very pale in color and seems like a fake or drastically different version. It smells similar, but has a very short lifespan and none of the the strength or drydown of the former.

I don't know if this is a reformulation, and that what I've been buying (bright yellow) is new old stock. All I know is that if you get your hands on a 100ml bright yellow formula, it will last you for YEARS.

swim_fatale
swim_fatale

Oh, Tea Rose...I had SUCH high expectations from you based on the reviews here..but why do you not last longer than 2 hours on me and why can people not smell me even if I'm standing next to them? This despite spraying you behind my ears, on the base of my throat, on my wrists, nape, crook of my arm and back of my knees! And your sillage is supposed to be enormous! I wanted sooo badly to make you my signature, that one fragrance I'll be with from morning till night, from sunrise to sundown...why, Tea Rose, why??? :(

PS: Everything else that Fragranticans have said about you is true, though. You DO smell like a TRUE ROSE. :)

katkoll

I got this because I was looking for a pure unadulterated rose.

At first, for about a week, I loved it.

Then I realized that when I put it on, it would make me sick, headaches and a little nausea. I finally figured out that it had a strong ammonia component. It smells like cat pee!! Yikes….

I’ve read reviews by a few other people who have said this, so be careful with this scent!

Castor
Castor

A rose is a rose is a rose. Can't find the tea. If you are a rose lover, or a Middle Eastern man, this is your scent. Enjoy.

Update: after having given it a full wear, It is absolutely true what I've read in this and other discussion boards - if you are a man, one or two sprays on the chest are more than enough for a close-to.the-skin, understated, refined smell of roses. I have to add that it did cause the same physiological reaction to when I smelt pure natural rose essential oil, a very wattery mouth.

So, for the price, it is obvious the blend must be made with the famous three different alcohols I cannot recall their names - natural rose essential oil is prohitively expensive.

Just ignore this, for the blend is excellent.

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

I love receiving pretty packages…and i love period dramas..particularly those which involve letter writing and other such romantic gestures. I was searching for a pure rose scent for the purpose of spritzing tissues/packing materials in outgoing packages. Though this isnt the only scent i use, i is the most "real". Rose, pure and simple. I can easily overlook the hideous bottle…its the scent which counts in this case. But, i raise the question..why does such a pretty rose scent look like nuclear waste?

ver jaina
ver jaina

same smell as the Body Shop Tea Rose perfume oil, only lighter

At first, and for an hour or so, it smells like a florist's shop. A bit too "literal" for many, I'd guess. However, a tea quality (presumably the beramot) soon emerges and the florals recede, making this more of a tea type scent for several hours (and it is strong). That's about it, so it's worth a try if it sounds good because it isn't too "synthetic" smelling.

putri.daskian
putri.daskian

@francesmay, this is also my bedtime perfume. it's very light and stays close to the skin. too bad the staying power isn't too good but just in time to put me in a calm mood and fall asleep.

francesmay
francesmay

Since the day I got it, it has been my before bed (including sheets) scent. I find the scent relaxing specially after a very long,tiring day. I love it most when I get whiffs of it in the middle of the night...when i might have been awaken by my kitties,it somehow lulls me back to dreamland.. I haven`t got the courage to use it to work. But,I am happy with it as my night scent.. :)

cinema1974
cinema1974

I love tea rose me and my sister both wanted this for X-mas and my perfume aunt who loved it too purchased it for us...yes it is a strong scent and it roses on steriods...but in a good way... brings back memories wonderful true rose fragrance....they still make it? wow ... no fakey rose here...just pure Rosa!!!

deliberateangel
deliberateangel

My mom (age 55) and grandmother (71) love this scent. I myself loathe it. It has always reminded me a funeral home, roses and plants and woods. It also reminds me of an older lady. Not a grandmother, just an older refined lady who really likes roses. My mother rarely wears this as her coworkers complained it's too strong and it's actually set off asthmatics in her office. On the bright side, it's super strong and has great staying power.

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

Tea Rose. old but still shows its worth, even if its come with cheap tag

the dominant rose notes stay almost linear and shows classy and simple scent. It have a really good projection and longevity.

personally, I found when I wear it outside, people would say like "I know this perfume", which I dislike, so I mainly wears it in home (I wear my perfume in home as well)

some would associate this as cheap and 'old-lady' gimmick, personally I think Tea Rose is a nice scent that goes right for daily fragrance, when all you want is to please yourself with Rosy scent. I never wear it for special occasion cause people tend to recognize it easily, and I dislike the synthetic Rose in here, anyway

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

A beautiful soapy-rose fragrance. This reminds me so much of the Crayola soap crayons I used to love as a kid. It smells like fresh roses---with the greens, woods, and gardener's soil.

I absolutely love it! The key is to apply a very little amount on selected areas. My room smells divine after each spray. I am keeping my fingers crossed that my man loves roses so I can use it on dates too. :)

My dog loves it too for some reason.

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

I bought the 120ml edt which came with a body lotion and I only paid 18AUD! So that was totally a bargain! It's a very linear rose fragrance, I do not smell any other notes but rosey rosey rose. I would say its a very clean or green kind of rose,its not sweet. Spray too much of this, it becomes very heady.It isnt powdery at all,the dry down is just this simple rose smell. From the beginning to the end,it smells of just this one flower and it really is very pretty smell. I'm wearing it now and its very warm outside, I find it to be nonoffensive to anyone who will smell this on me.
Dont let the price tag fool you for this fume,just give it a try. If you love rose scents and you want to smell like a natural bouquet of roses,this is for you! I dont particularly like rose notes that much but this made me become a rose lover!

dainty.teechan
dainty.teechan

i am a blind buy when buy this fragrance. i am falling in love at the first spritz. can not say any words again. eventhough this scent a lil bit similiar with toner in my country, i still love it. very traditional scent. feeling at spa when use this tea rose.
lovee so much....

stardust808

to add to my previous comment this fragrance was a classic at that time (the 90's) i don't think it's dated at all as it's a timeless scent and will never grow old cuz of it's realism and smelling so much like straight up natural roses...i mean, how cld THAT smell ever go out of style!

stardust808

this was my perfume for my late teens and early 20's. it earned me the nickname rosie lol (which i no longer go by thnk god!) my most memorable thing abt this fragrance was when i was at a stadium concert and among 10s of thousands of people and got a tap on the shoulder frm an ex i hadnt seen in some time telling me he knew i was there because he smelled roses and had to find me...hehehe scent is the sense most tied in with our memories as they say =)

EK
EK

I can't work out this fragrance. Every time I wear it I get more confused.

It's definitely one of the strongest, loudest, most in-your-face perfumes I've ever encountered. It's just as loud as Knowing, and that one is hard to beat. One spray and I'm not surrounded by a cloud, but a thick fog! For hours. Amazing. It's gigantic, monstrous, just as I like them.

This is also the most rosey rose perfume I've met. When my daughters were small, they used to pick tons of petals from the wild roses to crush and soak in water to make "perfume" in marmalade jars. This is exactly the same smell - except for two things:
I find a certain bitterness in Tea Rose that is a little upsetting. It also - and this is very strange - makes me think of urine somehow. It doesn't smell like urine at all! But nevertheless it leads my thoughts there. I'm worried every time I wear it if others actually smell urine?

I keep putting it on, and I keep scrubbing it after a couple of hours. I don't know what is going on here. I like it, but I don't like it. Or do I like it?

adair58
adair58

Tea Rose is evocative, from the first sniff you are reminded of something familiar and pleasant. I think that is why I wear it so often, for the fond memories of times past. Even the subtle mustiness is like the end of summmer gardens, telling me that flowers fade. It is sweet and kind, and generous with its' presence.

flashingwhitelights
flashingwhitelights

This fragrance reminds me of when I was a child sitting near an elderly lady. It's an ok rose scent, but it has an alcohol smell to it that tends to put some people off. If you are after a modern-day rose scent, Paul Smith Rose, Stella Sheer or D&G Rose The One will probably be your thing.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

So happy. Im not gonna pretend like i know the difference between types of roses, at least in the olfactory sense at this point in time. This smells like your simple run of the mill rose candle, late 90s victoria's secret rose garden lotion, etc. really just wanted a simple ROSE scent, not something obnoxiously muddled in with a bunch of other things to make it artsy and all compositional-like. I fell in love with crabtree&evelyns rosewater which is exactly that, but i cried at the thought of spending $50 on something mostly monochromatic. This sucker saved me so much money. I got a 4 ounces from fragrancenet for $16. MONTEY IN DA BANK! Its so perfectly simple, exactly what i wanted. I can see how theres some faint sandalwood in it, but its like 98% straight up rose and its amazing. Still testing the sillage but even if its weak i have so much and it was so cheap i wouldnt mind putting it on constantly, but i have gotten at least 3 hours so far. OH and i was worried it would smell cheap and synthetic based on some reviews. Im not getting that from it? Maybe im insensitive to synthetic scents? But this smells fairly natural to me. So just go ahead and spring for a bottle you'll love it

Soap
Soap

Agreeing with the masses here: Tea Rose smells like the entire rose bush - buds, blooms, stems, leaves and thorns, with a touch of spring humidity and fresh soil.

The fragrance is balanced; it never goes careening off into a tangy, musky or complicated realm. Just nice springtime roses.

A very familiar, universally-beloved scent that garners plenty of compliments on the regular.

BEST OF ALL: I wear it to work sprayed in multiple places on myself and no one finds it too cloying. In fact, only when someone walks directly up to me do they smell it as an ambient aroma. This is a good thing.

Spectacular sillage. I can easily get 12 hours of wear with this.

krmarich
krmarich

I do not have to say this smells exactly like a rose. Everyone here seems to have said it over and over and they are all right. What I will say is how amazed i am that something like this was ever produced.

In its day, 1975 there was no other "rose" perfume that smelled exactly like a rose. Indeed, Coco Chanel herself said a woman doesnt smell like a rose. Yet every one was/is amazed at its accuracy and flawless beauty. Rose is there, yet its difficult to make it this realistic, much less keep it going for hours. Enter the supporting notes, carefully blended and there you have it-a perfume masterpiece.

A few years later Nahema would introduce Damascena rose and shock the world. Paris followed suite. They are more playful. In fact, nearly all 20th C. perfume use rose in some form or another-male or female. Ah, the note we took for granted.

To this day, nothing has ever matched such realism as Tea Rose. It is a bit vintage and somber-almost gothic. I have a little of the vintage formula left. I use it on rainy days and curl up with a good book. This goes well with Jane Eyre.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i am not a rose lover ..but those who like roses will like it although its not refined rose its thensthetic ,acidic unmellow or soft or rounded scent of rose ..maybe the only rose i could like is moroccan rose and taief rose they have a more powdery creamy mellow note to them ...

MsAmazing

When you scent yourself with this beware of the comments. People will turn around to look for the roses. When you finally own up to them it's you, you may chose not to wear it. I actually had someone say that it reminded her of a funeral to which I retorted that in my house we have fresh roses for many occasions. I remember paying a small fortune for this perfume at Neiman's because it was the only place that had it. Neiman's offered other Perfumers' Workshop scents that I was just too poor to buy. Now I'm in heaven since it has become so affordable. I place silk roses in round, glass bowls and spray them with Tea Rose for wonderful nose candy!

orchid_84
orchid_84

If you want to smell like a fresh, green, sweet and dewy rose bush, this is your scent. Tea Rose has everything from the delicate, sweet petals of a rose to the crisp, green, earthy and slightly astringent scent of the leaves and stems. Of all the rose scents I have sniffed, this probably comes the closest to capturing the experience of burying your nose in a rose bush. It's also the dewiest rose scent I have experienced, giving off the impression that a gentle spring rain has just fallen on the petals and leaves.

The only thing that would improve this scent for me would be if it were a little less sweet. Especially as it dries down, it feels just a touch too sweet to be natural…which interrupts the illusion of a real rose bush. I find that I prefer "green" rose scents to be less sweet than other types of rose fragrances though, as I just find them more convincing. Overall, this is a gem of a scent...especially at such a low price point.

Lumiere

It's quite interesting that this perfume has grown on me. From the first shock and dislike, i am now addicted, especially as night time scent, it calms down and helps me to relax and feel at home. I have noticed that I also like to catch a wiff from my hair occasionally the next day, from beneath a layer of my day time perfumes.

Shemarie
Shemarie

I went through alot of rose perfumes until I received this one. I was looking for a true rose scent. It can be harsh if over sprayed. I love the rose note in perfumes. I was looking for something to wear by itself but also to layer ontop of other perfumes when the rose note was not quite enough. Lesson learn do not judge a perfume by it's price. This one is dirt cheap.

loreeno
loreeno

Life is short so let's wear the good stuff and now with that out of the way here is my review of The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose EDT. I simply adore this feminine perfume! Even though other notes are in this perfume the heady rose outshines it's counterparts and therefore this perfume behaves like a soliflore from opening note to end. It is the truest of tea rose scents but beware as others have said 1 to 2 spritz is all you need or you will overwhelm others up to 2 miles! It is a wonderful summer time perfume when applied lightly and when I wear it I receive oh so many compliments, some even remark how it smells just like a bouquet of roses. It is a long lasting perfume, great sillage even in the most humid conditions this perfume will last all day!

rosecityfriend
rosecityfriend

I seem to be into rose fragrances this summer, so when I saw this at Marshall's for a great price, I bought it. It's a very strong, straightforward rose scent, and very long lasting. A spray or two will do for hours. But unfortunately, it is simply too harsh on me and doesn't soften with time. My husband said it smelled "too chemically" and coincidentally, the color is bright yellow, like the color of some household cleaner (Mr. Clean?). The bright yellow color does fit with how it comes across, i.e. a bit too brash rather than pretty. It is almost masculine in attitude. I'm much happier with Stella McCartney's Stella Nude, although unfortunately it doesn't last nearly as long.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

THIS is the rose perfume I have been looking for! I was looking for something I could spray on and wear everyday even when I am at home. I got it for such a great price for 4 oz. I immediately went and purchased another 4 oz and then a 2 oz for my purse....It is strong so 2 or 3 sprays should do it and it lasts for hours. YAY!

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

For the last three months I have been surreptiously moving TRPW from the "men's" to the "women's" shelf at our local Marshall's and one of the SA's has been just as doggedly moving it back. Finally, someone wised up and it is now staying in the "women's" section. Phew.

Still, although I love the scent of roses, I don't love TRPW. Years ago I had an extensive collection of essential oils and among them were several roses...the ones I remember were the "Tea", the "Damask" and the "Musk". It was the first time I realised that there are very different types of roses and that I do not like them all equally. Tea rose is, to me, a little too sharp and penetrating; musk too soft and "musty"...I am a damask rose lover, or the slightly lemony scented rose that you find in David Austen's heritage roses. But if you love tea roses, TRPW is a very good replication of a true tea rose. And as such, I respect it...but I don't love it.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I bought Tea Rose for 2 reasons: 1) I've been so curious about this scent because I've seen it available for years, and 2) I'm a guy who happens to love rose scents. I guess there is a third reason - I've always been intrigued by the very understated packaging. Most floral perfumes have a light and airy presentation, but this looks VERY serious, and almost masculine (perhaps I've subliminally thought this was really a man's perfume?) When the bottle comes out of the box, again, you see a rather stately and handsome creation that would look perfectly in place on any guy's shelf.

The perfume is pure, fresh roses. I'm echoing many other reviews, but I can't stress enough how much this perfume smells brilliantly of roses on the back porch just opening from their buds. But it's more than that - it's a bouquet of roses on a dining room table; wild and single-bloomed roses picked surreptitiously from a garden at night; the lingering scent of a dried rosebud bouquet.

There is a sharpness to the scent that distinguishes itself from deeper rose scents - this isn't about potpourri or exotic Arabian elixirs. Tea Rose is almost green in its brightness.

The silage and longevity of this perfume is enormous - be warned! One spray will make a small room smell amazing for an entire day. I put one spray as a tester on my skin, and indeed it stays for hours and hours. It definitely doesn't work as a men's fragrance (much to floral and feminine), but I will confess I'm looking for something to layer it with that will bring about a hybrid men's concoction.

I think this is a quiet genius of a perfume for rose lovers. Its somewhat soliflore quality also makes it a great candidate for blending, no offense to the purists out there. A blind buy that was completely worth the risk.

endlesssummer
endlesssummer

I first remember using this perfume when I was about 11yrs old. My mom and I went to J C Penny and I sprayed our jackets down with this rosey perfume. We loved the scent until we got into the car. Oh my did we both get a fragrant headache:)
It lingered for MONTHS not weeks or days and it did not die down at all, everytime we put on those jackets she asked me, and I wondered why on earth did I spray them down like that. Those are fond memories and we laugh about it still after all these years.

Now that I am older and a little less spray happy (who am I kidding?) I oversprayed it resently and my family was opening the door to air out the room because I love to use this as an air freshener, it last like nothing else!
I really like the scent. One spray and you have a very conforting rose perfume that lasts all day. Spray 2 to 3 sprays in a room for a great garden breeze right inside your home, but be warned, over 5 sprays in a room and you will be having to air out your home.
100 rosebushes in every bottle!

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I have always written off rose perfumesin the past.I love the smell on others, but always found they didn't suit me well.
Then I smelled this.
This is lush, green, wet and rose. This is not a rose petal scent, but a huge, blooming rose bush in the rain scent. It's amazing. It's incredible.
This is what I had always hoped a rose perfume would smell like.I bought it mostly for wearing, but I have a feeling I will also be using it as a room spray.
120 ml for 20 $ is a steal for such a smell.
Who knows, I might be a rose girl after all !!

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

One of the truest Tea Rose scents, that I've ever tested; it reminds me of distilled tea rose oil, from a local florist, that my Dad bought my Mom years ago -- I constantly begged for drops of it!

"Tea Rose" has that smooth, golden-oil, vegetal fattiness of real tea roses, but this blend is dewy and the rose is like a mix of sweet tea and boozy jam. Not too dry, not too sweet, the tuberose adds a kick of creaminess that keeps the herbally rose from ever smelling like an empty beer can. This is the perfect tea rose soliflore! A favorite of mine.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

This...this...THIS IS GORGEOUS! I am a big fan of rose scents, true rose in particular. I always stick my nose in roses at flower shops (no bee stings on my sniffer yet!) and love the earthiness and purity of their scent. I don't have a lot of experience with fragrances, but feel that this must be close to perfection as far as roses go. I sprayed it on in the parking lot after a blind buy and was pleasantly and overwhelmingly surprised and pleased. As I was driving home with the window half-down, I passed a church that had just had its grass mowed (mown?) and the green-y-ness mingled with the rose and I felt so calm and content. Ahhhh, roses :)

caca102
caca102

Like everyone else said, this smells like real roses. Imagine yourself walking around with a fresh bouquet of roses and that's probably what you will smell like wearing this. Unfortunately the staying power is not great on my skin, and it turns a little sour after about an hour, which is quite common for me with all florals. Still this is not an old lady's scent and worth a try if you haven't already.

fan sui
fan sui

I must admit, this perfume sure amuses me. I made a blind purchasing from Amazon based on all the reviews here, and it's really surprising.
I have a bottle of Paul Smith Rose at home and I thought that was the best rose-alike perfume out there, the sweet, cute and lovely smell of rose petals is fantastic, not at all artificial like BVL Rose Essentielle (I couldn't find any rose note anywhere!), too bad it just doesn't last long on my skin.
Aside from that, Tea Rose really does smell like a bouquet of rose, with green leaves and even stems (I know people said this before). It gives off a very true rose scent, too true that if I have to tell the difference between a real vase full of roses and my wrist, I think I will not be able to.
I still prefer Paul Smith Rose, with its sweet and subtle scent of JUST rose petals, but Tea Rose is absolutely not a bad choice when you really do want to smell like a lovely rose garden in full bloom (including leaves and stems, of course).

artemis27

The secret to making this smell gorgeous is just one slight spray. That's it. Nothing more. It'll last the whole day and you'll smell like a wonderful happy rose. Not a stale oily rose; but a beautiful fresh lingering rose. Who says roses are for grannies?! I'm 23 and I love this one, it makes me feel happy. That's what a scent should do, it should evoke a positive feeling.

So don't overdo this, it'll smother you and everyone else around you. But use this VERY VERY lightly, and you'll love the compliments you get! Its also great to pair with a sandalwood oil, they're a match made in heaven.

lisamouse
lisamouse

I was looking for a rose fragrance for such a long time, and always ended up with something that had a vague rose scent but wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then I bought this and the search was over. This is nothing but roses and it's beautiful.

artemis27

I've read almost ALL review for this one and I'm going ahead to buy it blind :)

Some of the reviews were wonderful to read:

Zocha' fond memories of her mother;

Lyndy Hop getting stung by a bee (thanks for sharing this; I'll keep in mind!);

moonruby talking about Nicole Kidman using this at the Oscar's (I Googled this out and there seem to be a couple of pictures too);

rithacha hating this one so much that she's ZipLocked it;

Catbiscuit's and her cat Wilbur who tried to check out the 'human' roses (haha, I love cats - I rescue them and they live in my back yard, I've got 8 of them);

cryptic says the color reminds her of Gatorade (haha);

A guest review was beautiful - she compared to her memories learning ballet (beautiful..);

daniela3 shares her knowledge cultivating roses;

yuwai lives in Hong Kong and says how this fragrance pulls her closer to nature.

Thanks guys! I'll post in a review once I get my bottle.

Lumiere

Sunday Morning-It's Turkish Delight candy, they make it with rose water. I do not get so much of this in Tea Rose though. I have just added review of A Maze people of Labyrinth-now this one really smells of turkish Delight-it is roses, but more gentle, as if distant or not open still) However, as I said before, Tea Rose has grown on me, it is kind of addictive. I have noticed i wanted to reach for it in the evening, when i wanted to feel grounded and in peace.

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

@Lumiere: well said!

And: there is a type of candy (with flour on) thats made out of rosewater and -THAT- is what it smells like. not real roses, at all,but a "dried old, squashed-rose".

Lumiere

Sadly, I must admit that blind buy failed me this time. I grabbed the last bottle at a local discount chemist for $12-hoping for a miracle, based on appreciation this unknown to me pefume usually receives on forums.

I do not know what is wrong with me this time. I like different notes in perfume, at times even strange notes. I like oakmoss, incense, i like cold white florals, i like male fragrances on myself. But sometimes perfume does not talk to me. I feel like I have put on someone else's clothes, different size and maybe not even washed, more so, even someone else's persona. I feel like an actor who just can't make it to reveal it's personage. It's just not me.

It made me think that maybe I don't like roses. It is so oily, so musky and sweet without sugar. I sprayed on my skin. Nah. On my hair. Too heavy. On my jeans. OMG, big mistake. Rose stem twisted around me, securing with it's prickly thorns, so i could not breethe or move.

I remebered about Diorissimo, and how best of it I felt when i went outside just before the thunderstorm, humidity having called forth it's lush aroma. I thought, maybe it's a similar story, Tea Rose is calling for humid, heavy with mist air.

But no. I can't make friends. I miss coldness. I miss crispiness. I miss mystery and aloofness. Maybe it would have worked 10-15 degrees Celsius below zero? Maybe, it's oily texture would protect me from biting frost?

UPDATE. I must say it has grown on me.
I use it as aromatherapy, and it is addictive. i fear my all house will soon smell of tea roses LOL.:))

verysherry
verysherry

tEA rOsE

A pleasant sleeping potion of a fragrance.Stays on decently but sure gives me a headache wen i apply behind my ears...good for layering as it is super strong projection...i'm using this with DKNY Delicious Night and it adds the missing dimension to it!
Quite like the holi colors in India ...Very Rose less Tea!

Scarlette
Scarlette

A fresh, cool, clean, sweet rose. Great silage and longevity. Innocent sweetness. I love it. Just GORGEOUS in the summer, in the heat, and at night for comfort.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Hmm.... there was a 3.4 oz bottle of this at Marshall's for $10, wish I had snagged it up.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Mmmmmmmmm......wow wow wow it smells exactly how I imagined it would, quite an accurate representation of a tea rose. Definitely a summer smell and a reasonable longevity. Reminds me a bit of Lanvin La Rose.

OZ
OZ

Tea rose to my nose smells very linear, it doesn't change nor develop through time, what you smell is what you get. However, this doesn't mean it's a bad thing, the fragrance does such great job capturing a rose scent. Pretty pretty pretty! Quick caution: The fragrance is strong, apply carefully... enjoy!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I like this frag....it delivers what it promises; ROSES. The smell is wonderful; very feminine. It is a strong smell, so it's not for everyone. I like to mix it with other frags like Rebel Rose(Avon)or Rock'n Rose (Valentino).

daniela3
daniela3

I'd like to share a little confidence about this scent. There are - at least - two existing versions of the same tea rose fragrance (this is quite normal in perfumery: if you buy "E. de bla bla" in Mexico you'll smell it differently from the one you bought in France, and they are both ORIGINAL!) Adoring roses and cultivating them as a hobby, I have a number of bottle on the same theme and lovely Tea Rose cannot be missing. In Europe you can find a far different T.R. e.d.t it's always from the same producer but not only the packaging (a pink box, a pink and gold label, no matter I always leave the bottle at home!), the colour of the essence being pale contrasting with the bright, yellow, American one; but BASICALLY also the fragrance - for a trained nose - is quite different as well: T.R. thought for the European market is BETTER don't ask me why (in both cases always ever-lasting) and quite EXPENSIVE. It's a niche product as it used to be and it is still rightly (for me) regarded! So when I tried my "bargain" while ordering a bottle from the U.S: it came a "nice" frag., resembling my version but I can't say why: it seems that this beautiful fragrance should be done missing or substituting something. Or to say it differently: take a cup of genuine coffee and make a similar drink but using instant coffee instead (though I must confess that I never drink coffee!)...... So I prefer the very beautiful Tea Rose that we find in Europe, it costs much more (a part from, tax, flight...) but it really worths each penny, sorry each cent ;)

neferteria
neferteria

I bought this on the recommendation of a friend at a ridiculous price for a four ounce bottle on the bay. She sprays it on her pillow at night when she is in the snowy northern part of the country to remind herself of her rose garden in sunny California. She thought I would enjoy it and indeed I do! This is a beautiful rose scent, and reminds me of an extensive rose garden an aunt once had. Isn't it wonderful how scents can take us back to remember wonderful memories? I haven't tried it as yet to enhance the rose notes in other fragrances I have, but very much look forward to doing so. And I may have to purchase another one to use to spray my closets! A delightful scent.

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

This fragrance is excellent. I love rose, but it's hard to find one that smells like the real thing. Well, this one is the real thing, from it's velvety petals down to the leaves and greenery: I can't find fault with it at all. The smell is lovely, sillage and longevity are good, the price is easy on the budget, smells good all by itself but would be wonderful layered, and a spritz on the pillow at bedtime makes for wonderful dreams...what else can I say? I love Tea Rose!

Coutureguru

This particular review is for a vintage bottle of Tea Rose that I snapped up (for a bargain I might add) on Ebay. I have waxed lyrical on the topic of Tea Rose further down the page here ... my impressions of it have not changed. I will wear the re-formulation as much as I have been (I use it as a day scent in the Salon I work in from time to time on a tropical island)and simply just LOVE it.

The vintage variety, however, is an animal of a different nature. I am told that this particular bottle hails from the early 80's ... which I have no way of confirming ( I wish frag companies would date the bottles!!) or disputing. The box is a slightly deeper shade of grey with the label being a little more ivory than my new bottles have been. The juice is also a more golden colour and the sprayer seems better than the current version ... still plastic, but more opaque. The fragrance itself is pure heaven ... richer, deeper and rounder than the one I have become accustomed to with way more Sandalwood in the base. It's EFFING fabulous!!! I will keep this one for special and continue using the other for day ... 'reformulation' is fast becoming one of the dirtiest words in my vocabulary. Thankfully Ebay abounds with vintage bottles of this ... track one down ... you'll be so glad you did!

Update:

Not as many vintage bottles left as I thought!! Will definitely have to preserve mine ...

pauluch3
pauluch3

I use it as a room spray and it's divine. It's like going to sleep in a rose garden.

Shydaniels
Shydaniels

I got half a bottle of this at a yard sale for a dollar. It's overpowering on my skin, but I spritz my bed with it and float off into rose-scented dreams.

lettyb76
lettyb76

I had this perfume when I was in junior high school. I remember the teacher saying once, "What is that wonderful smell? It smells like someone fell into a rose bush!" I raised my hand and told him it was my perfume. I definitely got everyone's attention after that.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Straight from the bottle, Tea Rose smells absolutely wonderful: a velvety red rose in full bloom, complete with dew-encrusted petals and leaves. My caveat is that once on skin, Tea Rose is best enjoyed from a distance (i.e. avoid direct nose-to-wrist sniffing at all costs). Lean too close, and the scent falls apart. Green notes become cheap and rubbery, the floral sweetness chokingly cloying and nearly medicinal.

In tiny amounts, however, Tea Rose gives you the absolute best bang for your buck in terms of lasting power, sillage, and an accurate virtual representation of the flower. As others have mentioned, it is *excellent* as a room or linen spray, a walk-through body mist, or a layering scent.

Wear it with an airy citrus like CK One for a bit of a lift, or a radiant musk like NR for Her for a sensuous skin scent.

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

I have this fragrance and i use it as Air refreshener before go to sleep and in my closet, i don't like how it smells on my skin and it's cheaper than L'occitane room sprays...

rubyscribe

I posted my review yesterday and I'd add to it now.

Tea Rose is a night perfume. I sprayed some on me, before I spent and hour or so reading in my bed. It smelt heavenly and very uplifting. The trick is to spray just a tiny whiff at the base of your throat. It was a good scent to sleep on.

I havent tried the layering, primarily because my other perfumes arent likely to layer well with it. Perhaps layering would make it good for day wear.

I think its a private fragrance, if there is such a thing. Its for your private time, because you would'nt want to go out smelling like a rose ;) or perhaps if one is daring one may pull if off and see the reactions of people.

rubyscribe

I was browsing this website yesterday, on impulse I looked up Tea Rose. Reading the reviews I bought it today. In general a soliflore is not my cup of tea and I prefer more sophisticated blends. I prefer designer brands and stay away from low-priced fragrances, so this was an unusual buy.

I sprayed on myself just a tad, an hour ago and I can smell a sweet, distinct rose aroma, which is tender and not cloying. It's a happy scent as I feel happy. I like it and I think this would make a great everyday wear perfume and I cant wait to layer it with another perfume. I like its sillage, given the tiny amount I sprayed. My 2 oz bottle should last me a year.

I'm happy I made this purchase.

Coutureguru

WOW!!! This is STRONG!!! Even for me ... but a wonderful deep, rich rose right on the bush! I don't think I've ever said this about a fragrance before ... this one will have to be treated gently when sprayed. It could very well be a killer!! I just received this in the mail untested on my skin (I knew someone who wore it about 15 years ago and loved it on her) and gave my left arm 5 healthy blasts! That was a half hour ago and I am still reeling :o) ... albeit happily so. Looking forward to the development of this one!!

Update:
About an hour in and the 'rubbery' note has disappeared (I have a sneaky suspicion it may have been the tuberose) and I'm having a cigarette ... I think this would be incredible layered over a tobacco note. Very happy chappy here :o) ... as far as I am concerned this is a unisex frag. Why should gals be the only one's to smell so divine?

Tea Rose has been one of my favorites forever, partly because when I was a little girl apprenticing with a ballet company, a lot of the beautiful ballerinas I looked up to wore it. By the time I became a ballerina it was no longer in fashion as a scent, though I wore it, too, because it held a secret meaning for me. It still does.

On a less personal note, rose can take on different personalities - spicy, powdery, fruity, etc. - and this is a super green, tart rose, at least at the beginning. Lily has been mentioned as one of the notes in Tea Rose that creates the overall impression of a rose soliflore, and my skin pulls out a lot of lily-of-the-valley as opposed to stargazer or Easter lilies. If you ground Tea Rose with something more substantial on the bottom, say a smoky, resinous amber or a non-plasticky vanilla like Ecco Bella's, it loses a lot of its shrill quality and smells divine. I think it's divine as it comes, too, yet I do well with rosy, leafy, grassy scents, so I would!

cryptic
cryptic

An utterly realistic, linear rose that is pleasant in small doses. However, I've accidentally oversprayed and had to scrub after I found myself reciting "Sacred Emily." Wish the juice wasn't such a neon yellow-green. It reminds me of Gatorade. That aside, Tea Rose is an excellent rose for layering with other frags. Try it sometime.

yuwai
yuwai

After reading through all the reviews, I blindly bought a bottle online thinking it was so cheap, wouldn't be too much a loss. I'm so glad I did. I know it may sound crazy, but living in a concrete jungle (hong kong) all my life, I'd never actually known what real roses smelt like. Tea Rose smells so fresh, natural and rosy. I take everyone's advice and make sure I have a light hand when spraying. I just gave myself two light sprays (one light spray yesterday but it faded completely after just 4 hours) after shower and it was not overpowering at all.

Jomoves
Jomoves

This perfume is not about sex. It's got nothing to do with grinding club kids, or tattooed vamps. It's not about glossy painted lips or towering stilettoes. It's probably the most un-sexy fragrance I've ever experienced. And that's what makes it so good.

An innocent and thoughtful fresh rose scent that stands out in a sea of over-sexed clones. It's no accident that this one has been around for so long.

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

I was introduced to this "oldies but goldies" perfume when I was on vacation and spent a night at my cousin's house. At her dressing table sitting nicely this fragrance. I was tempted and without her permission I sprayed it once at my left wrist.
Hmmm what an aroma! Such single wet -freshly picked rose, and it goes as a monotonous (linear)scent from the beginning until the end.
What a treasure!
I must go grab it soon! Could not wait patiently trying to mix this up with another frags that I have!

Unfortunately my husband doesn't like it at all! He thinks it stinks or somewhat like rotten thing!

soonflower
soonflower

Now that's the most beautiful rose scent ever.
Rose smells here very real.
At first it's strong, little too strong, too woody (at least on my skin).
After few minutes it develops into a pure rose scent with woody undertone.
Good thing about it is that it isn't too sweet or cloying.
It's a very romantic fragrance.
Very different from others I have in my collection.
The price is great.
And the lasting power is excellent.

Natashafx
Natashafx

I love Tea Rose. I've been wearing it since the 90s and the 4 oz bottle lasts a very long time. It is strong but I love a strong rose scent. Most other rose perfumes don't last long at all and aren't all that strong so I use Tea Rose as a base and mix other perfumes with it. It's amazing how well it goes with other scents. So, when I pick up a perfume to try that I don't like, I just mix the Tea Rose with it and voila a new fragrance that makes the one I was sorry I bought even better.

Cutie
Cutie

Yes, it does smell like a rose. :-) What else would I expect? It reminds me Bulgarian Rose oil in the wooden containers that was very popular when I was a child. It is very potent and I agree with everyone here that it should not be over-applied. I like the simplicity of it. Overall it is a quality fragrance, the only concern I have is the huge 4 oz bottle that I got: it will take me centuries to finish.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

Update! Just like a real rose! It has lasted over 8 hours now! This is one of my favorite perfumes. I picked it up blind at Marshalls for I think $15. I got the 4oz and a matching lotion... I think the lotion was old, it's a bit on the runny side but still useable. What it smells like when you first spray it on is what it smells like for hours. I've been wearing it for over 6 hours now and it still smells quite strong! To me it's worth way more then I paid for it! It smells more like an EDP then an EDT.

Miss_J
Miss_J

This is a very linear fragrance. True Tea Rose scent. It's very lovely and a bit old fashioned. It's a bit on the strong side, 1 spritz is enough to make you smell like a rose garden in bloom. Truly one of the best rose scent that I've ever encountered.

Hollyberri
Hollyberri

This is definitely a whole rose scent,sharp, green and very strong. While it evoked memories of my mothers rose garden I found it gave me a bit of a headache and I just couldn't enjoy it. Will try it again and use very, very, very little.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Tea Rose is one of those ridiculous bargains that no other brand can touch. $14 for 4 ounces? Come on, you can't beat that. Unless the fragrance smells like crap . . . which it certainly doesn't. This perfume surprises in its bold and realistic representation of a fresh, green rose. Creed, Annick Goutal, Malle, Jo Malone, Woods of Windsor, YSL, L'Artisan - none have ever come close to capturing the natural headspace essence of an original, small-bud tea rose (non-hybridized). Perfumer's Workshop, on the other hand, nailed it, and I mean NAILED IT. If you did a blind sniff test, you'd think it was by Creed or L'Artisan, and cost fifty dollars an ounce. It's worth noting that Nicole Kidman wore this on the red carpet. If it's good enough for her, it's good enough for anybody. For a pure, direct rose, this is the first and last stop.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

An earlier poster described it as "authentic", and I don't think you can get any more accurate than that. It smells like rose, plain and simple. It's uncomplicated, natural, sophisticated, and incredibly versatile. One of my favorites from way back.

smellsogood
smellsogood

I have a small bottle of the parfum and dabbing pulse with this is an absolute delight. As others have said this is as realistic as you can get to a true living rose, thorns and all. Ridiculously inexpensive and under-rated for many years because of this, the boom in niche roses in perfume ought to cause more perfumistas to seek this gem out. As others have also said great for layering with other fragrances.

I had this one and also "Tea Rose Musk". Both are close to each other and I didn't like both of them. There is rose in it but a strange kind of, maybe a faded rose. All in all it is very very strong. To me it was like a bunch of faded or even rotten flowers, maybe roses. I gave it away.

weegee
weegee

Tea Rose is the most authentic rose scent I've ever encountered and, trust me, I've smelled dozens because rose is my mom's favorite fragrance. The trick is to apply lightly, as others have said. As life-long gardeners, both my mom and I have always grown roses and we agree on this one.

Tea Rose isn't just the rose blossom, it's the leaves and stems as well,as NLS says in her review, far below. I believe it's these green additions that keep Tea Rose from being too sweet. I think I smell sunshine and a bit of the moist earth as well.

I tend to apply it on my chest and ankles so the rising scent is diffused and sillage is therefore very light. When I want a full sniff I gently flutter my collar and the fragrance that's been warmed on my chest floats up like smoke from a genii's lamp. Gorgeous.

When Nicole Kidman was the spokesface for Chanel she was spotted in the audience at an Academy Awards ceremony as she took a bottle of Tea Rose from her purse & applied it. Chanel was not pleased. Yes, it's THAT good!

The usual low price of this beauty keeps many people from trying this under the mistaken impression that something this inexpensive can't possibly be good. They are wrong.

Mili
Mili

I just bought a bottle of tea rose today and to my surprise i really love and like it, smells just like a true rose. I recommed this to everyone who likes rose scents alot. To me, the price is affordable, it makes me relaxe, it doesn't give me headache effect that's the most important thing because some perfume brands makes me dizzy. It's worth having. :)

Kiku
Kiku

This is the truest rose scent since Coty's "La Rose Jacqueminot". I don't smell any of the other notes listed. You must have it, it is a "go to" perfume. How could the pure smell of tea roses -- clear, delicate, and moist -- ever be wrong? Just one problem: this is the monster of all sillage. Tea Rose doesn't seem to know it's own strength and can be totally overwhelming. Use a very, very light touch.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

this perfume is very thick, yesterday I spray it on paper...man, the smell is really strong! But surprisingly it gave me comfort, like being surrounded by my mothers and aunties. Make me feel like a child, smelling this fragrance. Yes I agree it is not perfume for everyone, probably OLD for some people. Still I like this perfume, nice!

blueberry
blueberry

Normally I avoided too obvious rose scents, but I guess I am growing old and become more into roses now. This is a powerhorse tea rose, an absolutely sentimental fragrance of good old days, reminding me of the roses in a small garden by the house I used to live in as a kid. So nostalgic, almost herbal and so soothing that I love to use it as my night scent.

The lasting power is absolutely unbelievable. It is cheap in terms of price, but not in terms of quality! Very nice.

cloyd42
cloyd42

It's amazing how much stuff had to go into this bottle to smell precisely and entirely like rose attar that's volatile enough to wear as scent. This is an absolutely perfect reflection of what roses smelled like when they were bred for scent and color rather than sitting in a refrigerator after being shipped from South America. Unless you're of an age, have lived in the deep South, or grown heritage roses you've probably never smelled a real rose on the bush. I grew heritage roses (grafted from clips from cemeteries since they were often neglected and thus "unimproved") and my son used to love to pull the petals off and rub them on himself. On a damp cool morning this is precisely what he would smell like.

If you like the big scent luxuriate in and consider spraying it lightly on your sheets. If you find it a bit overwhelming use it with a light hand and layer it with orientals, fougeres or gourmands with a lot of pepper. In an case a true original at a criminally cheap price.

Sillage: 3 sprays fill a room
Durability: 8-10 hours
Fabulosity: Scarlett O'Hara at Tara
Price to value ratio: infinite, huge, unbelievable

mford89
mford89

I loved it, but it was not true rose... at least to me. My husband hated it. Very potent, apply lightly!

AjaBlue

I remember my first love and the first rose he gave me. I still have it. Still appreciate it. I need it to warm me when I am outside on cold, cold, nights.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I bought this when it first came out in the mid 70's and adored it, wore it all the time. It was very realistic and a little went a VERY long way, so much so that the perfume went sour before I could even use half a bottle. Because I had only just left school and this perfume was very expensive (then) my Mum told me not to be wasteful and wouldn't let me throw it out. She snavelled it for herself and continued to wear it....which is why I won't be ever buying another bottle. Sour, rancid rose....ugh.

(It is a beautiful smell when FRESH.)

a strong rose/spice perfume. different from my favorite from crabtree and evelyn. this is when you want a little bit stronger and daring rose. i use this with a light hand. nice.

AjaBlue

A beautiful, big, bright, realistic ROSE! So fresh and so green. I enjoy wearing this one in the fall and dead of winter. It is strong, so may I suggest spraying a mist and walking through a "garden of roses" for a softer application? One of my favorite rose fragrances...and they haven't changed it since I was a little girl...just made the juice brighter from what I observe.

Collector

THis is the best rose perfume ever if you really want to smell like a bouquet of roses blooming on a summer night. I love it and my husband loves the smell when I put it on in the morning. It lasts all day. I have tried to find other "rose" scents that are more complex, like Bulgari's Rose Esentialle, but, frankly I like Tea Rose the best for a simple, straightforward floral. Yes it is very cheap, but then I don't feel too extravagant wearing it around the house on weekends or to bed to read a book. it is also nice to spritz on the sheets.

mendozy
mendozy

I am a lover of rose scent but I have a huge bottle of this (it was cheap, and the reviews were great, so I didn't buy a sample) and I don't think I will ever get to the bottom of it. I like the scent in the bottle but find it too cloying to wear - I've given it a lot of tries! It's just too much no matter how little you use, and clings to every piece of fabric it goes near so that you have to wash your coat/scarf, for example, before you can wear something else. It is the closest thing I've every got to roses but as Tania Sanchez says, 'Women have no business smelling like flowers', and I'm starting to agree with her! I'd like to find a more complex rose perfume next time and avoid soliflores.

amalia22
amalia22

Definitely rose, very beautiful rose. Actual rose scent, like rose essence. Super glad I found it- I tried Bvlgari Rose, but this is what I was looking for all along. I got it in a gift set for around 10 dollars, but I would have paid more!!

TillyWave
TillyWave

If you love roses, this is the one. This rose is the month of June, when they first bloom, very fresh, and perhaps it just rained. I just picture velvety softness, a pliable green stem, and leftover raindrops from last night's storm.

Seriously, a 4 oz bottle of this EDT runs about 10 to 15 dollars, and it smells just beautiful.

I personally don't find this strong at all. Then again, on most reviews, if people say it disappears in minutes it lasts long on me, and if it's reviewed as too strong, I usually wish it was stronger.

efm
efm

Rose, rose, rose and more rose.

I agree with all of the reviews so far.

My contribution is to emphasis just how strong this fragrance is. Go gently.

mymlan
mymlan

I'm so happy for my sample (thanks sofiapap) and I'm already waiting for my FragranceX delivery of Tea Rose.

This sampling has surprised me a lot. I thought it would be much more green, harsh, sour and watery. Instead it's sweet, cloudy and very very pink: A big natural pink Tea Rose. I also expected it to fade away within half an hour like a light cologne. But no. It's still on my wrist smelling even more wonderful than before.

I will definetly use this in various occasions: at home, gardening, a light spray in the hair, layering ... but also on different social events; it is so plain and simple in the most adorable way so it would be an excellent counterweight to all heavy and complicated evening fragrances. I guess Nicole Kidman had that in mind while she was spraying herself with Tea Rose on the Oscar/Golden globe gala, eventhough she adventured her Chanel contract (myth or not, an interesting though, thanks moonruby).

I think, if you love roses this would be the ultimate Rose The One, not D&G.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Tea Rose smells just like a real rose. By itself it can be too much rose scent. However , I found it is a great one to have because it mixes well with other perfume that needs a lift. If you have a fragrance that is too musky or blah and you add a mist of Tea Rose on top it often improves the blah perfume.
Tea Rose is also nice to add to bath water.

vuelo
vuelo

The roses are so strong and so... optimistic... like some girls surrounding you and singing their happiness while you have no ideea what the hell they're so happy about.

I like to wear it when I'm in good moods.

This is how the dreamy blonde girl from Elton Jhon's "Original Sin" video must have smelled like. The fairy that comes in a bubble sprays her with this just before the "enters" the yellow brick road from the poster in her room and become glamorous, and "Up in the balcony all the Romeos are bleeding for her hand/ Blowing theater kisses, reciting lines that they don't understand..."

janudy
janudy

This is almost TOO realistic! It's a rose garden and every rose is in its peak bloom. The roses are vibrant and dewy with thick, green, thorny stalks. I'm afraid that I'll attract a bunch of bees if I wear this!

I don't think that I could wear this by itself, but I think this will be wonderful to layer with.

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

I remember a receptionist where I used to work many moons ago used to wear this. The entire front office reeked. This was her favourite scent and she sprayed liberal amounts. My eyes watered, my sinuses stung, my head pounded and my chest tightened as I fantasized about wringing her neck! A little goes a long, long way, uncontrolled it's just the most disturbing pong! That said, this scent is a good example and reference for what a soliflore is.

Loraamore
Loraamore

I loved the way this smelled in the department store when I was 12 and bought the whole lot, lotion, scented petals, you name it. Then after wearing it for a day, i realized it smelled like cat pee on me. Ho Hum.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

My cat Wilbur (pictured to your left) is a passionate rose lover. Whenever my fiance brings me in roses from the garden and they are left unattended for any length of time, Wilbur will examine the rose in minute detail for a good 10 minutes before picking it up and taking it with him for a lie-down.

There he will be, lying on his side, with the rose clutched between his front paws, sniffing it. Later he will start biting it. Since he is not actually eating it, I can only surmise that he is piercing the velvety petal membranes to release more aromatic rose oil!

Today Wilbur had the opportunity to examine PWS Tearose in human form. He sniffed for a good while but when he made a tentative approach for an exploratory bite, I escaped to work.

So, if such a true rose connoisseur is impressed with the realism of this soliflore, then PWS has a resounding success on its hands.

On a more humble human note, to me, the reviews aren't lying - this is a real rose. Or more accurately, many, many real roses, exquisitely bundled together with thier green leaves, cool & velvety soft, still slightly damp from the morning dew.

teedee
teedee

tea rose smells exactly like pretty pink rose buds i bought in tea shop to make tea with!

rosy and fresh green and just a little woody to round it up! just like the smell of a bouquet of fresh roses like!

i am very pleased with this scent. there is no surprises here, fresh roses, fresh roses all the way! was pretty impressed this one didnt turn funny or sour on my skin...most dominantly roses scents turn sour on me.

the best thing is...this is not powdery rose. again, it is fresh roses with a hint of greens and light woods.

very economical too! and it last and last and last until 10pm! (I sprayed it at 8am).

lovin'it!

cisco
cisco

I am not ashamed to say I love Tea Rose. I just got it this morning and put on a little bit of Taylor of London Rose Talc and a small amount of Tea Rose....terrific. It smells just like an old rose bush that used to be in my parents yard. I say used to because Daddy dug it up and put in his fancy hybrid roses. Not a one of those roses had the wonderful fragrance of the old rose bush. This is a perfect analogy. The old rose bush, much like Tea Rose, was not packaged in beauty but smelled wonderful; the hybrid roses, much like many designer brands, are packaged in beauty but do not have the wonderful rose fragrance. Just smelling this takes me back to my childhood and that wonderful old rose bush.

I am truly baffled by the disparity in price between rose perfumes such as Perfumer's Workshop TEA ROSE and, say, Creed FLEUR DE THE ROSE BULGARE. I picked up a bottle of TEA ROSE on sale for all of $4. Yes, that's right, do the math: $2 per ounce. The comparable Creed composition costs about fifty times that much. So what's the difference?

TEA ROSE is a loud rose perfume, but it really does smell just like roses to me. These are greenish roses, complete with their leaves and stems, as rithacha says, but they are roses all the same. Since I am not a single-note rose kind of gal, I am happy to mix TEA ROSE with CUIR DE LANCOME or something along those lines, but I won't be wearing TEA ROSE alone. But the same is true for the Creed rose perfumes, which I tested but will not buy. Yet the reason for me is not one of quality or authenticity, I think. No, it's just a matter of the dominant note: rose.

As a stand alone rose perfume, I have a big bottle of Guerlain ROSA MAGNIFICA. Now, with TEA ROSE in my collection, I'll be able to satisfy all of my rose mixing needs for the foreseeable future. Or else I'll use this to spray my drawers.

coffeebabe
coffeebabe

I loved Tea Rose at first, but it is strong. Now I enjoy it more as a room freshener. And for the price at Marshalls or TJMaxx, it works well.

Aredore
Aredore

This is a great rose scent. It's just what I was looking for - a cheap, good, rose scent that I could wear daily as long as I only spray once.

Tea Rose comes on strong and lingers for many hours - a welcome thing when many of my more expensive perfumes fade before noon.

It's linear, it's floral and it's old fashioned, but for such a high quality fragrance the price cannot be beat. A giant, 4oz bottle was three dollars at my local TJMaxx.

Crazy.

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i came across this at a very very young age and thought it was the most beautiful thing i had ever smelled just like a real perfect long stem red rose-notice i included the stem- because it smells so real after all its not called ''tea rose petals''?right? right! i was 11 and myolder female family members soooo bursted my bubble by saying no wonder it was from longs drug store . . smells like room deoderizer ..you stink ...now that i am a grown ^%$##& woman i think they was jealous! lol no i dont know but im not a baby anymore and it is one of my favorites my 9.99 bottle of tea rose sits on my dresser with my 90.00 dollar stuff its not what they cost or who they where put out by its how much you love the way they smell & i do love my tea rose

guest_francess.raymundo
guest_francess.raymundo

there's a downside to how this smells like a real rose: when the day is over, you start smelling like a wilting rose:-( nothing is ever perfect.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

Fresh, wide-eyed and green! The first rose up in the morning and the last one to close its pretty eyes. On and on it lasts without ever losing its rosiness to amber. Its so hard to champion a nice cheap rose fragrance without without having to contend with upmarket, nichey, and overproduced rose perfumes, with their cynical claims to abstractions. What I wouldn't give to pull the fragranceworld equivalent of Marshall McLuhan out from behind a MPG poster and we could spray the world with 'Tea Rose'.

rithacha
rithacha

I hoped to like Tea Rose because I'm looking for a dewy rose scent for the daytime on the cheap cheap and the reviews below indicate that Tea Rose would fit the bill. It's my own lament that Tea Rose does not work for me.

The opening is plasticy bergamont. It smells like a plastic Fisher Price chair on me that some thoughtless toddler broke his mother's full flower vase across. I find this plasticy note in most perfumes that have a strong appearance by LILY, and I suspect this might be the cause. I adore lilies in nature, but no lily perfume has worked out on my skin.

But the rose, you ask? Where's the rose? Oh yes, it's there. I would say Tea Rose didn't just stop at the flower, it includes the stem, thorns, hip, and leaves too. It smells very floral, green, and herby. It's authentic to the flower, as the reviewers below will attest to. A Rose fragrance. Too much for me, personally, and so I know now to look for a "rose" fragrance instead.

EDIT: Oh God I dislike this perfume so much that I quarantined my sample in its own ziplock baggie.

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

it is a very green rose smell, not sweet or soft as i expected. It doesn't have much development, only gets fainter and fainter as time goes by. Imagine....rather than the flower itself, you get the bud and leaves in with it too. Might work for some, not for others. But, it's by no means offensive...For me, I'd use this as a rooms spray rather than perfume - and it's cheap, so.....LOL.

Adiro
Adiro

I adore roses. I have this impossible ambition of growing them in my yard, but the type of soil I have and the lack of light make them not to thrive at all. Yet I am persevering.

I have been searching for a true rose scent for a while now. I found Tea Rose, finally!!!!( thanks to some Fragrantica members that recommended it)

It is the most exuberant alive and real rose I've ever smelled! It is also incredibly strong, I cannot believe it's an edt! The projection and the lasting power are downright incredible, and I love strong perfumes but this is almost too much, even for me. Must not overload on this, for sure....

The box looks slightly better than the bottle, which must be the ugliest thing I own. It is so cheap looking, the name is printed on a sticker, the atomizer seems made of aluminum foil and white plastic. The juice itself is the most poisonous yellow color you can imagine. Yet the smell is divine, for sure a great chemical achievement, it smells so real!

I am obviously very excited by my newest catch, yet I have to warn you that not everybody likes it. My husband reaction was not very positive ( whew, you smell like a jar of honey with roses) and my sister said it's terribly old and old fashioned. Yet my mother loved it....

I love it too... so I have to recommend it, but only to those that are trully rose afficionados, because this is the rosiest rose ever!!!

shelpen
shelpen

This rather simple fragrance may as well be my best rose scent ever!
I love rose fragrances but not all of them love me: couldn't wear Stella McCartney Stella or Bvlgari Rose Essentielle - both turned out too sour on my skin...
But this little bottle contains that early morning rose garden freshness in its purest form (I do not "hear" anything else but roses, may be a drop of sandalwood at the base). Love it!
And for the price of less than $15 for 50ml - it's a steal. :)

moonruby
moonruby

This bottle is a common sight in local drugstore display cabinets.

I read somewhere that Nicole Kidman was seen spraying this on at the Oscars or Golden Globes or whatever, and apparently this almost got her in trouble with her contract with Chanel.

Truly underrated and unpretentious.

holly13
holly13

This was my first perfume as a kid at the age of 10. I wanted to smell sweet and lovely. Everyone commented on it when I wore it. A little goes along way. You want to breathe not overdose on this perfume.

I was getting interested in makeup and skincare at that age. Now I am 31 and notice really the best makeup and/or cosmetic advice actually come from drag queens.

I am a woman and I like reading articles that can enhance one's inner and outer beauty. So it is funny that I get great tips from gay guys.

I remember when I was a 4 year old girl and my older sister had a big bottle of it.I don't have any decant to smell right now,but I always hated this perfume.
it was just too intoxicating,too warm and too rose and tea!
yeah the name matches the perfume perfectly.it's not a sophisticated perfume to wear.it's just too much to take,too floral and too powdery.
I wonder why anybody should go and wear such an old fashioned and cheap smelling.

lillybee
lillybee

Tea Rose is a lot greener, sharper and woodier than I expected. It does have a rose edge but it's not sweet like the flower only. Tea Rose is all about the green, hardy and earthy, dark green leaves, the woody stem attachd to the wet soil, or rather the cut off stem in the vase.

The sandalwood and amber are green, earthy and vegetal rather than oriental. It gets deeper with time but it never loses its sharpness and greeness. A strange an unusual rose scent I use to layer it with florals in summer when they risk becoming too thick, sweet and cloying.

Lyndy Hop
Lyndy Hop

I didn't know what to expect when I purchased this blindly from my local TJ Maxx, and, at the time, could have kicked myself for not recalling any of these reviews. But, being that it was such a great price ($9.99 USD for a 120 ml. (4 fl. oz.) bottle), I found it hard to resist.

Obviously, you have to enjoy rose scents, which I do. Although most, including this one, are rather linear, some days I really appreciate that constancy. I took my chances on this one and don't regret it. This Tea Rose is truly authentic in that it evokes the feeling of walking into a bustling florist shop filled to the brim with freshly-cut, long-stemmed beauties.

I find it layers quite nicely with other fragrances, but (word of warning) does pack a bit of a wallop if not used discretely. When used without layering, the "spray and walk" method of application suffices for me.

My only gripe is that, ironically (as with a couple of other rose scents), its authenticity makes me a target for bees during the summer months, especially if I wear bright colors. In fact I was just stung earlier this week, while wearing it. Could be a coincidence, I suppose, but you never know. I must have appeared to be a wanton flower, just "asking for it".

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

This smells just like a real rose dewy and green. it's like standing in the middle of the florist shop and sniffing a rose. tea rose is sharp and strong. i like to layer it with cabaret when the super rose feeling hits me.

Zocha
Zocha

When I was a little girl, about the time this perfume was created :) my Mom had a tiny bottle of some rose extract which I remember smelled like 'Tea Rose'. I remember snicking into her boudoir and sniffing the extract which I thought was created by angels.
Thirty years passed, I became a mom and I have the same fragrance!
(Whoever decided to grant a prize for one of my reviews here THANK YOU so much!, otherwise I don't think I'd have come across this fragrance)
It's a beautiful and so feminine scent of real roses, kind of cozy and nostalgic (maybe only to me)but nothing like old ladies. A little bit of Tea Rose makes me special as it can be easily distinguished in the sea of modern scents. It's warm and embracing, really nice.
I just wish my Mom would be around so I could have a cup of coffee with her and tell her how much I love the perfume she is wearing...

Coriander
Coriander

A rich and memorable scent of roses.

I can imagine a glass-house, full of beautiful red roses, surrounded by a mist of sandalwood and ambar, in a afternoon of sunshine.

Elegant, a bit mysterious and lovely, this fragrance brings me the feeling of a warm hug.

rosaria
rosaria

Roses are to me a symbol of beauty, femininity and delicacy. All these aspects are found in Tea Rose.

This fragance launched in 1972, has notes of bergamot, rose, lily, tuberose, sandalwood and amber...but the rose pure scent is all that we feel.

If you close your eyes you'll have the exact feeling you are in the middle of a rose garden.

The lasting power is great...so, be careful not to spray a lot.

It's an inexpensive perfume that is worthy buying...so, enjoy it!

sorbearmui
sorbearmui

Yes, it's the rose of roses! When I first saw it in the store, its price was so low and I throught it must be a cheap fragrance. But after I read the comments here, I dare to give it a try and I was not disappointed. I think it's strong, but not unbearably strong. I will use it when I wear lovely flower print cotton dress. So ladish!

Cherub573
Cherub573

This is a very pretty pure rose scent. I used to wear it when I was 12-13 years old. It IS strong, I recommend spraying it in the air and walking through the mist- that's all you need. Remarkably affordable. The only reason I stopped wearing it was because I got tired of it (I go through phases) and starting gravitating to the predictable vanilla fragrances later in my teens. The smell of roses always makes me think of elegance and beauty.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I agree with the comments already posted. This is the truest rose scent I have ever smelled, at any price point. It smells exactly like a bouquet of roses sitting in a vase on your table top. You can even smell a hint of the green leaves and stems, and a sour whisper of the first rose in the vase that has started to wither and decay. That's what makes it so magical, in my opinion. They did an excellent job of capturing the true aromatic experience of a bouquet of roses, rather than a perfume-y abstraction of a rose. Very affordable and worth seeking out if you love a good rose scent.

linden tree
linden tree

I find this in Filene's Basement,in a pile of discounted perfumes.I like the real rose smell,a little too strong.

Juliette has a gun
Juliette has a gun

This is a totally lovely, very beautiful TRUE rose scent. If it is REAl rose you are after - you should use this perfume and you will not be disappointed. One of the best rose fragrances ever.

Tea Rose by Perfumer`s Workshop 3.76 out of 5 based on 627 ratings and 224 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perfumer`s Workshop Tea Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perfumer`s Workshop Tea Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tea Rose by Perfumer`s Workshop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tea Rose by Perfumer`s Workshop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.