Designers » N-Q » Oriental « Groups

Ambre Gris Perris Monte Carlo for women and men

Ambre Gris Perris Monte Carlo for women and men
dislike

Ambre Gris by Perris Monte Carlo is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Ambre Gris was launched in 2012. Top note is artemisia; middle notes are rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, cedar, amber, coumarin, vanilla, labdanum and musk.

Artemisia

Essence de Patchouli

Ambre Gris Fragrance Reviews

Jean B Grenouille
Jean B Grenouille

This has little to do with Ambergris the product from the digestive tract of whales that has been washed ashore. It simply is a labdanum based resinous interpretation of the fantasy note, "amber", which of course is only a stone and hence odourless. Whilst in itself it is not a bad scent I do find it disappointing to experience a labdanum amber when I was hoping to be expecting salty, animalic and oceanic notes and sweetness. Adding the fact that it's just a Alyssa Ashley with an overinflated price to make it niche doesn't make this a desireable product to me.

infernofromoccultdiary
infernofromoccultdiary

La linea Perris ha la caratteristica di imitare profumi o cosmetici di bassissima qualità, profumi per intenderci da basso supermercato, ed inserirli in una bottiglia dal design accattivante.

Questa qui è l'imitazione di AmbraLiquida di Erbolario. Identica.
Con la differenza che costa cinque volte di più.
Cattiva come quella.
Superflua. Inutile.

Sbalorditivo chiamarla "Profumeria Selettiva".

Non vale più di 5 euro compresa la boccetta.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

LaDameDeNoir, thats what i said over at Alyssa Ashley review.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

This is exactly the same juice as Alyssa Ashley Ambre Gris. They put it in a fancier bottle (both are made by the same company), triplicated the price and voilà...

malia
malia

Smells royal, mysterious,charismatic...

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Nice perfume with really strong opening which i wasn't able to sustain , so i spray it on my clothes like half an hour before wearing ; The perfume transform to a soft voile of warm romantic velvety wave of amber , musk and sandal.
Good thing about this perfume is the price considered affordable .

Cereza
Cereza

"Ambre Gris" has a very distinct old fashioned vibe. It opened very heavy with loads of geranium and a very animalic note of amber, while developing it got a "urine" vibe making this even more dirty than before. I get some sweetness at the heart part, mostly from sandalwood and bittersweet labdanum, nevertheless it stays very dirty all the way.
The drydown phase is filled with a bit moldy musk note and a very slight hint of vanilla, if I'd have to choose which part of "Ambre Gris" I enjoyed most, it would be drydown - very high quality, smooth, a bit dirty yet sweet and all the way old fashioned.

Silage was very heavy and staying power is excellent. Worth a try if you enjoy animalic amber and don't mind smelling a tiny bit dated.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is quite dense and bold, a earthy-ambery dusty and somehow metallic concoction of animalic notes, amber (both ambroxan, more dry and austere, and a light sweet amber note). there is also a prominent salty note all over, which I guess being due to aromachemicals. The nuances floating around the central axe of amber: a chypre accord of rose, geranium, musk, benzoin, vanillin, quite linear, restrained, like "frozen" in a shop window. So far so "meh", but the drydown is more interesting, it loses a bit of (frankly disappointing) "artificiality" and settles on a really pleasant and enveloping accord of ultra-dusty vanilla, with an airy, rarefied, chalky amber accord on an elegant, white-rose powdery and softly woody sheet. The overall allure becomes more fascinating, an austere and dusty scent, romantic and powdery, nothing stunning but more complex and charming than the synthetic-salty ambroxan opening. Like many niche scents of today, it has an overall "lack of substance" and depth, it smells good with that particular sort of transparent "dustiness" of many contemporary scents, but somehow a bit pale, although I guess that may be an intentional stylistic choice. However a versatile, discreet, inoffensive, decently elegant scent, not really worth its cost but nice.

6,5-7/10

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

It has an extremely slow enjoyable dry down that fades into a woody type Amber,with a small hint of vanilla giving it the right amount of sweetness. The musk is done very well, and the florals while already sitting in the distance fade deeper and deeper in the background during this time until they are lost. I find it sits somewhat close to the skin after about 12+ hours and very close at 24hrs with trace amounts still present.

This is a very powerful perfume in every sense and at the same time it's not aggressive.
No, it doesn't smell like Alyssa Ashley. They are maybe conceptually similar and similar bottles but I have both on different wrist and AA is a pain for nose and heart compared to Perris. Not bad in itself (much better than AA White Musk), but more or less like thinking that TBS White Musk smells like real musk. not even remotely.
Since all perfumes that features ambergris are kind of fake, one need to find the best fake out.
Perris Ambre Gris is a very good one if you are looking for a raw amber, not too well-educated, polite powdery feminine ambers.
Not masculin nor feminine, it's more of a primitive scent but so damn good on skin.
It's a mysterious scent, you cannot really catch it. As soon as I sprayed it from my sample I felt a little bit over the top and it definetely has mood changing quality. I wanted to swing and dance!
It lasted more than 6 hours and it is still going in the background.
Very warm, somehow comforting like having a bear fur. Perfect for a cold rainy day, I'm not sure if the beast could come out in the heat or a crowded sweaty club, like Musc Ravageur did to me.
I'm on a fence with it, because I like it a lot still it's not what I need, not completely. It doesn't smell like a perfume to me. It's more of a smell that triggers a instict response.
I'm charmed by it's complexity of notes and straight result: raw amber from close, other notes from a distance. It's all packed together.
I can vaguely smell the labdanum and a hint of geranium, but the other beautiful listed notes just go into the whole.
Powerful yet not a brick on your head, not perfumey at all. This is the only one I tested from this line. It was recommended by one of the few SAs I trust. Of course, I could not afford it, but I got a sample.
I need more time to try and understand it and see what others might think. I wouldn't be surprised if it smelled attractive to some and repulsive to other.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

this is amber gris rendition from perris montecarlo new perfumes brand ,honestly i did expect more from this simply and deja vu aspect i ve found smellin this one ,actually its very similar to alissa ashley amber gris and honestly if you really like this go for the cheaper one ...
or montale blue amber is on the same level moreless but more refined and richer imho

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

It could be either for a man or for a lady, on account if it being very sweet. I can see how if you smelt it up close at concentration it could seem sickly, but it ŵàśñt designed to be smelt at such close quarters. When you get a whiff of this on the wind it is ecstatic. Very beguiling, it smells familiar but very hard to pinpoint why as its quite enigmatic and nothing like any other fragrance you can think of. It smells nothing whatsoever like black olives. I liked this enough to buy a whole bottle, which I haven't worn too often yet but am glad I splurged as this is a great scent to have in my collection. I can occasionally discern labdanum but no other notes stick their head above the parapet. I've had authentic ambergris tincture and for the life of me couldn't smell anything from it so I can't tell you whether this does it doesn't approximate the actual smell if its namesake but the smooth and soft sensation and lingering sweet and sour aspect do ring true. More people should review this scent as it is quite a tricky one to describe!

lollsazz
lollsazz

Hmmm... definitely rather suited for a man than a woman. It's a smoky (like vetiver, minus the green notes), liquery-sweet, a bit salty, and a little sour. It was interesting to smell it, but... It smells... Pickled. Msybe rather green than black olives. The sour note ruins this perfume for me - it resembles something spoilt... If not the sour note, this would be a fully functional fragrance in my opinion. Worst is: the sour notes lingers for a loooong time. Definitely spray with caution if you're trying this out, because you're likely to regret it. I only have a vial. Do I regret buying it... probably yes, because this will be hidden to never be smelt again - I felt ill for quite some time after smelling this one. This smellt SO much better right from the sprayer than it did on my skin

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

I am often cautious when trying a new scent and usually spray once on my wrist before going all out. I forgot my usual habit today when I applied several sprays of Ambre Gris. I quickly regretted it. I was assaulted with sickly sweet powder and a soapy rose. I was also detecting some unpleasant sourness which is possibly the coumarin. My partner had been complaining about a black olive smell in the kitchen. We later discovered that it was me who was sporting 'Eau de black olives' aka Ambre Gris.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Very Sensual scent. Nice!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perris Monte Carlo Ambre Gris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perris Monte Carlo Ambre Gris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Gris by Perris Monte Carlo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Gris by Perris Monte Carlo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.